PDA

View Full Version : Monta Ellis to the Hawks?

AI
07-07-2013, 07:21 PM
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
The Atlanta Hawks are negotiating with Monta Ellis, per a source. I'm hearing deal would be about $10 million a year. Not sure about years.

Jumba
07-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Is Louis Williams still there? Thats redundant.

b@llhog24
07-07-2013, 08:00 PM
Hawks tanking hard.

ManRam
07-07-2013, 08:06 PM
Seems like things have cooled. But if this happens, the Hawks are proving that they love 5 seeds as much as other teams love trying to actually be better than that. They'll be set up for 5-seeds galore after this offseason.

Monta is beast
07-07-2013, 08:08 PM
They have Teague, Williams, and Ellis. Worst defensive back-court ever?

AI
07-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Isn't Teague a FA?

ChitownBears22
07-07-2013, 08:19 PM
$10 mil for Monta......LOL nothing better than a streaky shooter to boost your team.

rocket
07-07-2013, 08:25 PM
10 mill? JSmith got 12

kdspurman
07-07-2013, 08:41 PM
A little surprised by this...

More-Than-Most
07-07-2013, 08:51 PM
He is the player that has been a rumored interest for the sixers for 2 seasons now. I am so glad we stayed away from it

More-Than-Most
07-07-2013, 08:51 PM
10 mill? JSmith got 12

lol yea that is hilarious

leprechaun5
07-07-2013, 08:54 PM
So Monta opts out of his last year ( 11 milion ) now willing to go for less money in atlanta .

More-Than-Most
07-07-2013, 08:56 PM
So Monta opts out of his last year ( 11 milion ) now willing to go for less money in atlanta .

This is not the case. He opted out because Injuries happen and he might take less per but get several seasons which is smart.

leprechaun5
07-07-2013, 09:02 PM
This is not the case. He opted out because Injuries happen and he might take less per but get several seasons which is smart.

Yes ,that's correct .

But he thought he could get more ,and he's not getting .

kingkenny01
07-07-2013, 09:04 PM
ouch!!! the buck offered him 3 years 36 mil thats a shot at milwaukee

More-Than-Most
07-07-2013, 09:06 PM
Yes ,that's correct .

But he thought he could get more ,and he's not getting .

Yea he clearly thought he would get more and its good other teams did not fall for such crap. Him and JR smith should not make the money they make. He should probably make more than JR but will now get less. Knicks could possibly have had this guy whom I think is better for less.

*Silver&Black*
07-07-2013, 09:30 PM
A little surprised by this...

Me too. Didn't Spurs have strong interest in him as well to begin the off-season?

Lou Williams needs to get 100% and I'm not sure Teague is back next season. Before playing the rookie, and in need of scoring, I guess Ferry made this move. Atleast it won't be Josh Smith and Monta on the court at the same time. Horford, Korver, and Millsap is there. Hopefully that is enough good team first attitude to go throughout the entire team.

I would prefer to go with a youth movement and develop while getting lottery picks.

OR MAYBE..........Ferry is collecting players to do what he has done best here so far, and that is trade (short contract on Millsap, most likely one with Ellis as well). He has wanted to get a Franchise player, and that is either by Free Agency (couldn't do it), TRADE (next), and Draft.

D-Leethal
07-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Yea he clearly thought he would get more and its good other teams did not fall for such crap. Him and JR smith should not make the money they make. He should probably make more than JR but will now get less. Knicks could possibly have had this guy whom I think is better for less.

Huh? JR makes half of this. JR is 1/2 a mill over the league average at 5.5M. He's a bargain. You are probably thinking of Josh Smith who just got 12M.

kdspurman
07-07-2013, 09:45 PM
Me too. Didn't Spurs have strong interest in him as well to begin the off-season?

Lou Williams needs to get 100% and I'm not sure Teague is back next season. Before playing the rookie, and in need of scoring, I guess Ferry made this move. Atleast it won't be Josh Smith and Monta on the court at the same time. Horford, Korver, and Millsap is there. Hopefully that is enough good team first attitude to go throughout the entire team.

I would prefer to go with a youth movement and develop while getting lottery picks.

OR MAYBE..........Ferry is collecting players to do what he has done best here so far, and that is trade (short contract on Millsap, most likely one with Ellis as well). He has wanted to get a Franchise player, and that is either by Free Agency (couldn't do it), TRADE (next), and Draft.

Yea they expressed some interest this off-season which I found a little shocking too lol.

I won't be one to really knock it until I see how it translates on the court, but definitely a little surprised. And I agree about collecting trade assets, I mean seeing Milsap get 2 years was a good indication of that. He certainly could've gotten something not only for more $, but more long term. So if he's not in their long term plans, being able to use him as a trade asset could be valuable down the line.

Sometimes fans see moves differently than a FO does. Sometimes, they are looking at the big picture and not so much as the current or even next season. So I think your last paragraph is probably spot on.

More-Than-Most
07-07-2013, 09:50 PM
Huh? JR makes half of this. JR is 1/2 a mill over the league average at 5.5M. He's a bargain. You are probably thinking of Josh Smith who just got 12M.

How much was JR contract for? This is my fault I thought smith got something similar but with all the signings I might be wrong. My apologies.

Jarvo
07-07-2013, 09:53 PM
I think I'm the only Monta Ellis fan on here lol, Not a good fit for the hawks at all. Would have loved him on The Spurs as an 6th man but I know he wants to start and I don't see why not.

*Silver&Black*
07-07-2013, 09:54 PM
I like Monta as a individual player, just not on what looks like a rebuild. I'm more in favor of a youth movement. If There was a franchise player on the team, along with Horford, and they needed a proven scorer to seriously contend, I would be all for this.

AI
07-07-2013, 09:55 PM
How much was JR contract for? This is my fault I thought smith got something similar but with all the signings I might be wrong. My apologies.

J.R. got 4/$26MM.

asandhu23
07-08-2013, 01:32 AM
I think I'm the only Monta Ellis fan on here lol, Not a good fit for the hawks at all. Would have loved him on The Spurs as an 6th man but I know he wants to start and I don't see why not.

no.

Ryan328
07-08-2013, 02:06 AM
Marc stein now possibly has a Jeff Teague for Brandon Jennings swap & Sac signs Ellis

Ryan328
07-08-2013, 02:07 AM
@ESPNSteinLine: Alternative scenario starting to circulate has Hawks & Bucks talking sign-and-trade -- Jennings for Teague -- with Monta winding up in SAC

*Silver&Black*
07-08-2013, 02:59 AM
Ferry probably wants Dennis to be the PG sooner than later and Teague wants to be safe as the starting PG for some team. Larry Drew wants Teague, Ferry seems to want a quick solution until Dennis is ready so I would rather do the Jennings for Teague swap.

knicksfan42
07-08-2013, 05:33 AM

Jr Smith is making 6 mil per, 24 million for 4 years. That seems just fine and he is definately not getting paid more than Monta.