PDA

View Full Version : Does every single FA need a thread?

Giannis94
07-07-2013, 12:30 AM
Can't there be a discussion thread for all these no name FA signee's? Darren Collison, Zaza, Devin Harris. Who the hell cares? Post it in a discussion forum or view it on Sports Center. Not much discussion to be had here. Am I the only one who feels this way?

goingfor28
07-07-2013, 12:35 AM
Why not? Give one specific thread to talk about each player signing. Not like they are threads for a bench warmer

Clippersfan86
07-07-2013, 12:36 AM
I tried to start a general thread that is stickied but nobody was using it. Everybody was giving their own threads even for scrubs so I gave up lol.

QueensG_718
07-07-2013, 12:37 AM
Yes. Carry on

*Silver&Black*
07-07-2013, 12:41 AM
I care. I'm interested in free agency and every move should deserve a thread. If someone isn't interested, pass it by. Seems that there are people interested or there wouldn't be posts in said threads. Not everyone just cares for the "star" moves.

Giannis94
07-07-2013, 12:41 AM
Why not? Give one specific thread to talk about each player signing. Not like they are threads for a bench warmer

If this is the case and a bench warmer is considered not to get significant minutes, then let there be a thread for ever 1st and second string player.

dayman
07-07-2013, 12:45 AM
Not every single FA signing. But also **** you for making this thread too.

brandt
07-07-2013, 12:48 AM
Sure, why not?!!! There are a lot worse threads out there then these types, and sometimes PSD is the only place you hear about them.

eternal slumber
07-07-2013, 12:53 AM
of course, it's off-season.

IndyRealist
07-07-2013, 12:55 AM
A single thread makes it harder to keep up to date on signings. All of the discussions end up burying the actual news, and makes it hard to follow specific discussions. Anyway, it's not like it really affects you. Just don't click on the thread.

lol, please
07-07-2013, 12:59 AM
@Brewer94 This is the NBA forum. PSD's version of the wild west. If order and rationality are what you're looking for, the MLB forum is for you.

Clippersfan86
07-07-2013, 01:04 AM
A single thread makes it harder to keep up to date on signings. All of the discussions end up burying the actual news, and makes it hard to follow specific discussions. Anyway, it's not like it really affects you. Just don't click on the thread.

Plus people don't use it as I said.

akesh99
07-07-2013, 01:06 AM
This thread is worse than any FA thread.... and for the record, I don't mind them. I'm a fan of the NBA. I like hearing NBA news, even if its regarding the little guys. I like the fact that I can discuss major or minor NBA news with other fans

RipCity32
07-07-2013, 01:18 AM
Why does it really matter?

HouRealCoach
07-07-2013, 01:26 AM
Yeah I like having individual threads, I'm interested in seeing everyone's opinions about it... Especially when the Nets sign someone or is in a rumor and DMF gets into it with everyone lol

FOBolous
07-07-2013, 01:40 AM
yes. what else are you going to talk about in the off season? and it's also how I get my NBA news. PSD actually gets updates faster than ESPN and their "sources" :laugh2:

WHODAT8o8
07-07-2013, 01:43 AM
you just created another thread by making this one... so.....

WHODAT8o8
07-07-2013, 01:44 AM
and I, for one, dont like looking through pages to find one signing.

JLynn943
07-07-2013, 01:52 AM
better than 500 Dwight/LeBron/Kobe/Lakers threads

Byronicle
07-07-2013, 01:56 AM
I tried to start a general thread that is stickied but nobody was using it. Everybody was giving their own threads even for scrubs so I gave up lol.

Just like your supposed rumour of a scrub named Dejuan Blair

A rumour with very little, to zero traction

*Silver&Black*
07-07-2013, 02:08 AM
better than 500 Dwight/LeBron/Kobe/Lakers threads

This, plus ESPN will only show the Dwight decision over and over while giving everything else 10 seconds total to report on. As NBA fans, we would like to discuss each signing among other fans.

IndyRealist
07-07-2013, 03:15 AM
yes. what else are you going to talk about in the off season? and it's also how I get my NBA news. PSD actually gets updates faster than ESPN and their "sources" :laugh2:
Exactly. I don't follow 500 different writers on twitter. This is basically crowdsourcing sports news.

Mrphilly
07-07-2013, 03:17 AM
Did you just create a BullSh*t thread about people making Bullsh*t threads?????

--23--
07-07-2013, 03:22 AM
I care. I'm interested in free agency and every move should deserve a thread. If someone isn't interested, pass it by. Seems that there are people interested or there wouldn't be posts in said threads. Not everyone just cares for the "star" moves.

^pretty much this

JeffG20
07-07-2013, 03:36 AM
well this is an NBA forum in the middle of Free Agency... what the hell are we supposed to do. you could just ignore threads you don't like and actually leave the people who do like to talk about it the hell alone

c.c.
07-07-2013, 03:41 AM
This thread is worse than any FA thread.... and for the record, I don't mind them. I'm a fan of the NBA. I like hearing NBA news, even if its regarding the little guys. I like the fact that I can discuss major or minor NBA news with other fans

^^this ^^

sunsfan88
07-07-2013, 03:45 AM
Why wouldn't every free agent signing have one?

This is the off season. What the hell else is there to talk about during the off season?

Oh yea lets just talk about how Kobe, LeBron all suck and how MJ is the best and everyone else is overrated?

No thanks. I would rather talk about a guy like Fransico Garcia signing a contract than that.

bigbeardaboss
07-07-2013, 04:37 AM
a single thread makes it harder to keep up to date on signings. All of the discussions end up burying the actual news, and makes it hard to follow specific discussions. Anyway, it's not like it really affects you. Just don't click on the thread.

winner

JasonJohnHorn
07-07-2013, 09:35 AM
I think the starters and rotation players warrant one. If people aren't interested they don't have to read it.

I mean, I don't see a point to making a thread about Earl Clark, but if somebody else does, by all means. I have no problem simply skipping the thread. It being there doesn't bother me.

MiamiLoyal926
07-07-2013, 10:39 AM
Having all this in one thread would make for chaos and virtually impossible to continue one conversation about one player. Also, it would be virtually impossible for me to get updates if I have to read through pages and pages of chaos to simply find out that a player signed with a team. This way, each conversation is organized by topic with a thread title that tells you the main/important info. I get to pick and chose which I read and don't.

goingfor28
07-07-2013, 10:42 AM
OP got killed here haha

Gators123
07-07-2013, 10:47 AM

+1

astonmartin10
07-07-2013, 11:22 AM
Yeah I think every FA that signs deserves own thread. If not going through pages and pages of replies is gonna be tiring

mark1125
07-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Can't there be a discussion thread for all these no name FA signee's? Darren Collison, Zaza, Devin Harris. Who the hell cares? Post it in a discussion forum or view it on Sports Center. Not much discussion to be had here. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Should we go back to having 19 threads going about LeBron?

Individual threads are fine. If they are names of interest....people will post (Howard, J. smith, etc). If not, the thread disappears off the page (Earl Clark). It's off season. I don't want to discuss LeBrons bowel movements.

Lakers Ghost
07-07-2013, 12:21 PM
we need to recognize the role player give them a chance at the spotlight the only time they are going to get it.

Giannis94
07-07-2013, 12:27 PM
OP got killed here haha

It was a suggestion and I thought more would have liked it. Simple and easy.

MrfadeawayJB
07-07-2013, 12:40 PM
I don't mind. As others have said, the thread will disappear in a day if no one posts. I like to see how fans of teams view the acquisition, even if it is a "scrub"

KnickaBocka.44
07-07-2013, 12:43 PM
If this is the case and a bench warmer is considered not to get significant minutes, then let there be a thread for ever 1st and second string player.

All the guys you mentioned in your original post are 2nd string players.

KnickaBocka.44
07-07-2013, 12:44 PM
yeah i like having individual threads, i'm interested in seeing everyone's opinions about it... Especially when the nets sign someone or is in a rumor and dmf gets into it with everyone lol

rip

ManRam
07-07-2013, 12:53 PM
there's not a whole lot else to talk about :shrug: you don't have to click on them

why does this thread need a thread?

mdm692
07-07-2013, 01:03 PM
Did you reallt need to make a thread about every single FA getting their own thread? Who the hell cares!?!?! If you're not interested don't click on it. Eventually the threads will get pushed back to the other pages unless a good debate is going on.

abe_froman
07-07-2013, 01:05 PM
its the summer ,what else is there to talk about

mdm692
07-07-2013, 01:20 PM
It was a suggestion and I thought more would have liked it. Simple and easy.
Not only is your thread is stupid but so is your sig. It's called deportation on your first time and 10 years in jail then deportation on your 2nd time. The reason why the majority of police departments don't enforce immigration laws as heavily is because that is extra work for them. That is the job of ICE and if they are doing a poor job at it then it's not a cops fault. At the end of the day it is just another job and no one wants to do additional work they aren't getting paid for.

bledrules
07-07-2013, 01:31 PM
I can understand the op's attitude but as someone else said you would have to go through a lot of pages before you got to new stuff
I personally despise nba (national b*tches association) its a shame that most of the people on this this site are pretty much kids who have no clue what the NBA used to be
So just ignore all the threads and go directly to your team page

THE MTL
07-07-2013, 01:39 PM
Yes they do. General threads have no order. I hate them

NoahH
07-07-2013, 04:06 PM

+1

king4day
07-08-2013, 09:35 AM
I've closed this thread. To the OP, please don't create threads like this. If you have a concern to bring up, email a Mod or discuss it in the Feedback and Discussions forum.
Threads like this are far and away worse than actual newsworthy threads.

In about 2 weeks, this forum will die down due to lack of news. Let's take advantage of these stories while we can.
I personally come here first to check for any new news since I know someone somewhere will find out before I do and post it.