PDA

View Full Version : Biggest mental midget...

majmarcus
07-06-2013, 11:01 PM
Dwight Howard or Lebron James? I ask this question because Lbj has been accused and rightfully so of being mentally weak. As has DH. Which is the biggest peon of the mind between the two???

ChitownBears22
07-06-2013, 11:02 PM
Dwight Howard or Lebron James? I ask this question because Lbj has been accused and rightfully so of being mentally weak. As has DH. Which is the biggest peon of the mind between the two???

Kobe

Aust
07-06-2013, 11:06 PM
Dwight and it's not even close. Lebron has shown way more than D12 and two Indecisions > The Decision.

ThunderousDemon
07-06-2013, 11:10 PM
Dwight is a man-child.

bucketss
07-06-2013, 11:12 PM
Dwight is a man-child.

since miami won, does that mean lebron won't be signing with the lakers?

Tony_Starks
07-06-2013, 11:21 PM
Dwight. Getting with D Wade toughened Lebron up. Dwight is still a child that wants everybody to like him...

Jenceman
07-06-2013, 11:23 PM
Dwight. LeBron has easily shed that label with his play the last two seasons. Nothing but respect for him now. He's made up his mistakes with the decision and whatnot.

--23--
07-06-2013, 11:28 PM
Easily has to be Dwight right now.

Lebron tends to get caught up in the moment both for the good and bad as we seen numerous times, but Dwight is just simply immature and mentally weak, when you start playing him physically he tends to lose his composure, while shooting free throw he's worried.

*Superman*
07-06-2013, 11:32 PM
Dwight even though it's an odd question. Kind of unsure why LeBron is even being brought up. What examples of LeBron make you mention him?

blastmasta26
07-06-2013, 11:44 PM
LeBron shouldn't even be in the discussion. It's Dwight.

UPRock
07-06-2013, 11:47 PM
Dwight, LeBron doesn't belong here.

NoahH
07-07-2013, 12:19 AM
LeBron had this label back in Cleveland, yes. But he's proven now.

Hawkeye15
07-07-2013, 12:22 AM

let's see.......

One is a player who has now chased himself out of 2 cities, and signed a deal as a 28 year old to attempt to win a ring.

The other, was a player who put a **** team on his back and finally got his own help, and has now won back to back titles as the best player in the game.

Your question is rhetorical....

Yanks All Day
07-07-2013, 01:06 AM
I fail to see how LeBron is mentally weak anymore. It's very possible that NO ONE in the history of sports has ever been so universally hated for less than LeBron has. Regardless of how publicly-bad "The Decision" was, literally the only bad thing LeBron has ever done was go from a horrible team to a good one when he was a free agent. That's all. And people hated on him like he actually did something morally repulsive. For 2 years, the guy couldn't catch a break no matter what he did. Now, he's gone from a choker to back-to-back Finals MVPs and has shut up just about every critic along the way while asserting his dominance as the clear-cut best player in the game and coming up big when his team needed him the most. Now, LeBron looks like a cold-blooded assassin who realizes that no one in the world can stop him. When he wants to, he simply takes over games. He's basically the complete opposite of "mentally weak" now.

Dwight Howard has gotten coaches fired, toyed with teams because of his indecisions, and acted like a huge spoiled baby along the way. ''It's not like he's even in LeBron's class of basketball player. He's a dominant defensive player with little-to-no offensive ability outside of dunking. He's a game changer for sure, but not one that can win a championship on his own, and he's shown to not be able to handle pressure at all.

I'd even throw Carmelo Anthony in the mix for "mentally weakest." The guy lets every bad call get to his head, affect his shooting, quits on defense, and goes into recluse mode when things don't go his way. He got completely mentally psyched out in the Indiana series by Lance Stephenson, and shrunk away when his team needed him to carry them. He always seems to fly under the radar when it comes to these kinds of things.

Hawkeye15
07-07-2013, 01:14 AM
I fail to see how LeBron is mentally weak anymore. It's very possible that NO ONE in the history of sports has ever been so universally hated for less than LeBron has. Regardless of how publicly-bad "The Decision" was, literally the only bad thing LeBron has ever done was go from a horrible team to a good one when he was a free agent. That's all. And people hated on him like he actually did something morally repulsive. For 2 years, the guy couldn't catch a break no matter what he did. Now, he's gone from a choker to back-to-back Finals MVPs and has shut up just about every critic along the way while asserting his dominance as the clear-cut best player in the game and coming up big when his team needed him the most. Now, LeBron looks like a cold-blooded assassin who realizes that no one in the world can stop him. When he wants to, he simply takes over games. He's basically the complete opposite of "mentally weak" now.

Dwight Howard has gotten coaches fired, toyed with teams because of his indecisions, and acted like a huge spoiled baby along the way. ''It's not like he's even in LeBron's class of basketball player. He's a dominant defensive player with little-to-no offensive ability outside of dunking. He's a game changer for sure, but not one that can win a championship on his own, and he's shown to not be able to handle pressure at all.

I'd even throw Carmelo Anthony in the mix for "mentally weakest." The guy lets every bad call get to his head, affect his shooting, quits on defense, and goes into recluse mode when things don't go his way. He got completely mentally psyched out in the Indiana series by Lance Stephenson, and shrunk away when his team needed him to carry them. He always seems to fly under the radar when it comes to these kinds of things.

boom. Thread.

Clippersfan86
07-07-2013, 01:17 AM
Lol. As others have said dumb question. Lebron redeemed himself in carrying Miami to two straight rings as the UNDISPUTED man and even then as Hawkeye said in Cleveland he carried that fu**ing team on his back for 7 years and left in FREE AGENCY never making a gripe or drama before the decision.

Dwight has thrown a gazillion people under the bus, never taking full responsibility for anything unlike Lebron. He also has been on now 3 teams in 3 years and continues to fold the minute things get tough. Lebron's always been a 1st option and an elite one at that. Dwight is the worst and thinks he wants to be a 1st option, yet actually wants to be a 2nd. Just a cluster fu** in this guy's head, I'll tell you that.

Munkeysuit
07-07-2013, 01:29 AM
Dwight by far...he has yet to prove to the world that his actions validate any success at all. Lebron? I can only think of very few times he's shrunk under the spotlight, and he's been under there since grade school.

seikou8
07-07-2013, 01:51 AM

what a post

majmarcus
07-07-2013, 02:26 AM
My apologies people. I actually phrased it wrong. I meant to ask is Dwight weaker mentally now than Lbj was???? I didnt currently mean now with Lebron because he has rebounded quite impressively since then. So my bad.

Teeboy1487
07-07-2013, 03:03 AM
I still fail to see what Lebron did that was so bad besides the Decision in which proceeds went to charity. He did not demand a trade and he did not cause distractions among his teammates. He simply exercised his right as a FA. Lebron, the same guy who has been as focused and determined as they come. He gave up twitter during playoff runs. That's the sign of a mentally strong winner. Dwight on the other hand is a bigger version of Stephen Marbury. He is the clear cut winner in this.

Trueblue2
07-07-2013, 06:37 AM
Derek Rose

Iron24th
07-07-2013, 06:47 AM
Dwight by far actually.

Lebron has learned from his past mistakes, dwight not yet.

AsiandudePH
07-07-2013, 07:26 AM
3 years, 3 teams, 2 (?) coaches. Ding ding, Dwight.

DR_1
07-07-2013, 09:00 AM
let's see.......

One is a player who has now chased himself out of 2 cities, and signed a deal as a 28 year old to attempt to win a ring.

The other, was a player who put a **** team on his back and finally got his own help, and has now won back to back titles as the best player in the game.

Your question is rhetorical....

We get it you love LeBron.

JasonJohnHorn
07-07-2013, 09:21 AM
Shouldn't it be 'smallest' mental midget?

javsvt
07-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Dwight is just a healthy Bynum.

ManRam
07-07-2013, 10:00 AM
he said LeBron :laugh:

Dwight I guess by default, because by all accounts LeBron is probably the opposite. He doesn't go into full fledged hero ball all the time, but that's not "mental midgetry" at all.

But people, again, are getting too carried away with this Dwight ****. He'll be healthy, happy and playing on a good team with a good coach. He'll be fine. He'll get a bad tech out of frustration (ever wonder why he did so much in Orlando...oh yeah, because he cares about winning) but that's about it.

He waffled and didn't know where to go. He doesn't by all accounts like when people hate him. In any other line of work this would be common and completely acceptable.

ManRam
07-07-2013, 10:01 AM
We get it you love LeBron.

We get it you hate LeBron.

At least he brought something to the thread :shrug:

smiddy012
07-07-2013, 10:31 AM
Melo. Dude folds under pressure like oragomi.

knicksfan1969
07-07-2013, 10:33 AM
D12 or Bynum.

smiddy012
07-07-2013, 10:34 AM
Derek Rose

Who the hell is derek rose?