PDA

View Full Version : D12's return to LA - Crowd reaction?

ImOnThatMamba
07-06-2013, 07:11 PM
What sort of reception do you all think Dwight is going to get when the Lakers host the Rockets this upcoming season?

Will it be on par with LeBron's return to Cleveland? Carter's return to Toronto?

Will anybody cheer for him at all?

AI
07-06-2013, 07:25 PM
Dwight didn't mean close to 1% of what Bron and Vince meant to their teams/city's.

abe_froman
07-06-2013, 07:26 PM
probably be like that

but it really shouldnt be,he was there for one year its not like he was drafted by them and fans/press were critical of him in that year so it not like they loved him.but if you choose someone else you'll get hate by the spurned regardless

jam
07-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Lakers fans don't care about Dwight.

They know that the true enemy of laker nation is jim buss.

He's the owner you say? Too bad: he'll be making bad decisions for the next 30 years at least.

It really is strange to say, but Donald Sterling is the best NBA owner in Los Angeles!

Aust
07-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Who gives a ****. I hope he doesn't get booed. He isn't worth it. The worst thing we can do as fans is show him we don't care about him. Pure silence would be awesome.

Bruno
07-06-2013, 08:25 PM
he's gona get torched. not lbj Cleveland torched but in the vicinity.

jam
07-06-2013, 08:27 PM
he's gona get torched. not lbj Cleveland torched but in the vicinity.

No, lakers fans don't care about dwight.

spreadeagle
07-06-2013, 08:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76p_ncbffCE this

Aust
07-06-2013, 08:29 PM

You're right, the real enemy is Jim Buss. Dwight didn't force his way out, he was a FA and had every right to leave. If our Owner wasn't a clown and made better decisions he might have stayed.

ChitownBears22
07-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Lakers fans reaction will be " damn we should have dropped Kobe's gimpy as and kept Howard, a true leader and star".

Aust
07-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Lakers fans reaction will be " damn we should have dropped Kobe's gimpy as and kept Howard, a true leader and star".

Dwight Howard is a true leader?

ChitownBears22
07-06-2013, 08:31 PM

It was sarcasm....forgot the /s

shep33
07-06-2013, 08:32 PM

Worst post of the day if serious lol. I know your joking

Bruno
07-06-2013, 08:33 PM

we dont, but were also arrogant and easily offended. he'll get booed, bet on it.

Aust
07-06-2013, 08:34 PM
we dont, but were also arrogant and easily offended. he'll get booed, bet on it.

It would be that way for any team

tredigs
07-06-2013, 08:36 PM

I don't think he believes what he writes. Howard is one of the worst leaders for a true top talent I've personally seen in sports history. And if there is one sport where leadership is paramount, it's basketball. Baseball? You can get away with a Manny Ramirez or two.

mikekhelxD
07-06-2013, 08:36 PM
Little Jimmy will get more boos than Dwight.

ChitownBears22
07-06-2013, 08:44 PM
I don't think he believes what he writes. Howard is one of the worst leaders for a true top talent I've personally seen in sports history. And if there is one sport where leadership is paramount, it's basketball. Baseball? You can get away with a Manny Ramirez or two.

Must of missed my follow up post. It is sarcasm. Dwight means nothing to LA.

Snakeyestx
07-06-2013, 08:55 PM
Let's just hope the fans are better than the team they support when it comes to reacting.

The "STAY" banner... that was real classy... as if he was your dog or something. :rolleyes:

LA got played - he went there in the first place just to get out of Orlando, and because of peer pressure to join that team since he was already there. The lights and glamour clouded his judgement, and he ended up on a poorly managed team, with a coach that can't manage so many different ego's, and because of his unhappiness with the situation, he played that team like fools and sandbagged his performance.

You're going to see a whole different D12 in game 1 of the regular season - count on it.

shep33
07-06-2013, 09:00 PM
Let's just hope the fans are better than the team they support when it comes to reacting.

The "STAY" banner... that was real classy... as if he was your dog or something. :rolleyes:

LA got played - he went there in the first place just to get out of Orlando, and because of peer pressure to join that team since he was already there. The lights and glamour clouded his judgement, and he ended up on a poorly managed team, with a coach that can't manage so many different ego's, and because of his unhappiness with the situation, he played that team like fools and sandbagged his performance.

You're going to see a whole different D12 in game 1 of the regular season - count on it.

We'll see. He hasn't been good in two years.

ChitownBears22
07-06-2013, 09:03 PM
We'll see. He hasn't been good in two years.

Um he was good two years ago before his injury. And he played well last year in games where he was the focus......which wasn't many. Go back and look at his return to Orlando, a game where Mike D actually gameplanned around Dwight.

Aust
07-06-2013, 09:04 PM

Right, because he's playing for your team.

shep33
07-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Um he was good two years ago before his injury. And he played well last year in games where he was the focus......which wasn't many. Go back and look at his return to Orlando, a game where Mike D actually gameplanned around Dwight.

His last year in Orlando, even before injury wasn't up to his standards as before. His 2nd last year in Orlando he got upset in the first round. Last year he got dominated by Tim Duncan, and Howard was close to 100%.

The dude hasn't won a playoff series in almost 3 years

shep33
07-06-2013, 09:09 PM

Haha okay, but lets be real. He was playing against one of the worst teams in the NBA and shot 39 freethrows that game.

goku
07-06-2013, 09:11 PM
Laker fans need to be mad a Jim buss more then howard its crazy how some of there fans are to dumb to realize it

ChitownBears22
07-06-2013, 09:11 PM
His last year in Orlando, even before injury wasn't up to his standards as before. His 2nd last year in Orlando he got upset in the first round. Last year he got dominated by Tim Duncan, and Howard was close to 100%.

The dude hasn't won a playoff series in almost 3 years

Playoffs are a team event....or did that change?

Aust
07-06-2013, 09:12 PM
Laker fans need to be mad a Jim buss more then howard its crazy how some of there fans are to dumb to realize it

99% of Laker fans are angry at and do not like Jim Buss.

shep33
07-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Playoffs are a team event....or did that change?

If your the most dominant center player at your position in the NBA, you'll get a playoff series win, especially if two outta 3 of those seasons were spent in the Eastern confernce.

goku
99% of Laker fans are angry and do not like Jim Buss.

twitter says otherwise look at Dwight's mentions when u get the chance

ChitownBears22
If your the most dominant center player at your position in the NBA, you'll get a playoff series win, especially if two outta 3 of those seasons were spent in the Eastern confernce.

Playoffs are a team even.....correct?

Aust
07-06-2013, 09:18 PM
twitter says otherwise look at Dwight's mentions when u get the chance

Well of course some fans are going vent by bad mouthing the guy for leaving them. You're right when you say they should be angrier with the incompetent owner.

tr3ymill3r
07-06-2013, 09:21 PM
He played there for 1 year not for his whole career. People need to realize that and move on, he was a rental because the Lakers didn't do a good job in the front office.

shep33
07-06-2013, 09:26 PM
He played there for 1 year not for his whole career. People need to realize that and move on, he was a rental because the Lakers didn't do a good job in the front office.

I agree that's part of it, but he couldn't handle it in LA, that was definitely clear

Teeboy1487
07-06-2013, 09:42 PM
He will get boos but at the end of the day, we don't care about him. The FO was begging for Dwight, not the fans. I'm just mad we did not get anything for him. Honestly, I'm more pissed at the Lakers FO.

waveycrockett
07-06-2013, 09:44 PM
The Lakers have a spoiled rich crowd at the staples center. They are soft and not about that life.

Munkeysuit
07-06-2013, 09:46 PM
You cannot compare Dwights situation to Lebrons situation because the Lakers will still be a playoff bound team with or without him, so that fact says it all, Laker fans didn't even see him as the primary piece that puts them over the top, Lebron was the sole reason the Cavs won PERIOD.
Take a look at how terrible the Cavs were after Lebron left, the entire city of Cleveland knew what they were losing and it showed, that was a huge reason why the Cavs fans felt the way they did about him and made sure his return there was not welcomed at all.
Dwight barely even took the lakers to the playoffs and was there for just 1 season...I am pretty sure Laker fans everywhere were shocked ...for about a minute or so then back to normal. Dwight will get boo's but not the same treatment like Lebrons return to Cleveland.

kblo247
07-07-2013, 12:35 AM
Will be more intriguing to see where guys stand with him. I mean Kobe, Pau, and Nash are probably in the f em camp. That said Worthy never wanted him in town, Shaq ripped him apart and will magnify it, Magic said he wasn't a true laker and should leave, and Kareem doesn't take to him. Fox also questioned his effort on nba TV this year as did Horry and Rambis. It was far telling the lack of former Laker great hall of famers or great championship role guys who didnt campaign for Dwight to stay. Kobe got calls when he was pissed in 07 summer, Kobe got calls as a free agent, Fisher and Odom got calls to stay when they flirted with Miami, yet it was like Dwight truly irked or rubbed a lot of people who were close to the team, wore the jersey, and were in the know wrong. Those former lakers voice media displeasure and he will be torched, and lord don't let him miss a free throw

ImOnThatMamba
07-07-2013, 12:48 AM
I think a lot of Laker fans expected him to leave, especially over the past few weeks when it became clear Houston was going to be a major player in the push to get him.

But last night I was looking at Dwight's Twitter feed and there were literally thousands of comments to him - and they weren't friendly. Same goes for his Instagram, every single photo on his account, even those from months back, had a flurry of insults posted on them.

Dwight was never a "true" Laker, but I really do think he's going to get it worse than Shaq did when he came back in the 2004-2005 season as a member of the Miami Heat.

Triple_Ocho
07-07-2013, 01:01 AM
I think instead of booing Dwight they should go craaazy for Pau...

shep33
07-07-2013, 01:03 AM
Jack is going to punch him

Iron24th
07-07-2013, 06:45 AM
Of course he'll get booed for his whole masterpiece: being a clown, a douche and a coward.

Trueblue2
07-07-2013, 07:05 AM
About on par as when Iggy returns to Denver or Bynum returns to Philly...

kblo247
07-07-2013, 07:11 AM
Bynum would have had to show up once to play to tank in Phili lol

True Rocket
07-07-2013, 08:26 AM
There going to boo him. Dwight will attemp to dap Kobe up before the game but will unfourtantly get left hanging.

superwill
07-07-2013, 09:23 AM
Lakers fans don't care about Dwight.

They know that the true enemy of laker nation is jim buss.

He's the owner you say? Too bad: he'll be making bad decisions for the next 30 years at least.

It really is strange to say, but Donald Sterling is the best NBA owner in Los Angeles!

I'm proud of Jim Buss for the first I saw the SVG & Dwight interview and SVG said Dwight wants me gone,if I had seen that video before I would have never wanted him on the the team he's a peace of **** for doing SVG like that,so I'm proud of Jim Buss for say **** you I'm not giving you what you want

showtym24
07-07-2013, 09:34 AM
Boo the **** out of him. Then when he steps up to brick his freethrows bring it up a couple levels.

Jarvo
07-07-2013, 10:07 AM
I really think some of you Laker fans are bluffing saying you didnt care about him because when he got traded you acted like another title was coming to town.

ManRam
07-07-2013, 10:10 AM
He'll get booed.

But it won't be anything like the Orlando reception he got.

KingOf215
07-07-2013, 10:34 AM
Be cool if there was deafening Silence on his return. Would never happen though.

mjt20mik
07-07-2013, 11:42 AM
booed for sure

shep33
07-07-2013, 11:45 AM
The crowd is going to laugh at him

Aust
07-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Be cool if there was deafening Silence on his return. Would never happen though.

That would be awesome.

lakers4sho
07-07-2013, 04:14 PM
#********* is reserving a whole section for the Lakers/Rockets game(s) at Staples.

KobeOwnSU
07-07-2013, 04:15 PM
As someone stated in the Lakers forum, hopefully it is pure silence.

ztilzer31
07-07-2013, 04:21 PM
I really think some of you Laker fans are bluffing saying you didnt care about him because when he got traded you acted like another title was coming to town.

One of the main reasons I don't get a long with most the Lakers fans on this website is when they got Dwight there was a big thread about how the Lakers would probably win 70 games. I said they were a 4th seed at best, and I got ****ing torched!

Fan base flip flops.

PhillyFaninLA
07-07-2013, 04:25 PM
Dwight is an irrelevant part of Lakers history, he was there for 1 year and wasn't on a team that was all that good.

This isn't a place he did much or was at for any real amount of time.

Chavacano
07-07-2013, 04:25 PM
Ideally: silence, most likely: getting booed.

EDIT: Oh and laugh when he's shooting FTs for ze llullz

ManRam
07-07-2013, 04:37 PM
we sent him to the FT line THIRTY NINE times when he made his lone trip to Orlando. he missed 14 of them. that was the best part. we lost, but whatever. it was shaming him.

and the win in los angeles >>>>>>

the only game i wanted to win all year ;)

c.c.
07-07-2013, 04:41 PM
Why should they care anyways. Before the Lakers traded for him, he stated that the only team he would commit with was the Nets. That's why the Rockets didn't trade for him last year. It should be like at any other game but with a little more hate in it.

BigCityofDreams
07-07-2013, 04:55 PM

That shows you don't care. Boos just tell him he made the right choice. To not say anything shows you could care less. Ppl can't stand being ignored.

BigCityofDreams
07-07-2013, 05:06 PM

If that's the case it better result in a championship this upcoming season.

ztilzer31
07-07-2013, 05:21 PM
I don't see what Dwight did to LA to make them hate him lol. All of his dirty laundry is still in Orlando.

ManRam
07-07-2013, 05:26 PM
Why should they care anyways. Before the Lakers traded for him, he stated that the only team he would commit with was the Nets. That's why the Rockets didn't trade for him last year. It should be like at any other game but with a little more hate in it.

Because Lakers fans feel that every player should want to play for them and if they don't they're cowards and losers.

Wait, if that's what they actually think, then I don't know why they'd care about a coward loser.

So yeah, good question.

But you're right. He never wanted to go there and he handled free agency as well as anyone could have. He went and visited everyone, took two days to decide, told the Lakers in person and that's that. The media made it seem like something crazy...but 5 years ago we wouldn't have even known that he was waffling. And waffling is fine. He owes the Lakers nothing, and he decided to go to the team that's just better off and a better fit.

Burkey3472
07-07-2013, 05:30 PM
He'll get boo'ed. Not as bad a Lebron in Cleveland but pretty badly.

Tony_Starks
07-07-2013, 05:48 PM
If you're a hard core Laker fan why would you care enough to even boo him? He showed his wasn't built for LA so he can kick rocks as far as Im concerned.

There are FAR more fans that were happy to see him leave vs the ones that wanted him to stay........

But F-it I might get drunk and go him anyway:cheers: