PDA

View Full Version : SF Omri Casspi Signs with Houston Rockets

WhiteSoxGod
07-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Free agent Omri Casspi has reached agreement on a two-year deal with the Houston Rockets, league source tells Y! Sports.

Good signing Rockets adding good young role players.

smiddy012
07-06-2013, 03:26 PM
"The heart of a champion" lolz

douglas
07-06-2013, 03:26 PM
Can't wait to watch Omri Casspi and Francisco Garcia play together!

shep33
07-06-2013, 03:28 PM
He sucks

PraiseJesus
07-06-2013, 03:28 PM
lol

H-town Mastodon
07-06-2013, 03:35 PM
If I remember Casspi was taken with the Rockets pick they gave to Sacramento for Artest..fun fact of the day

WhiteSoxGod
07-06-2013, 03:37 PM
The Rockets needed to add depth at SF. They did on the cheap. Casspi can hit 3's and is young.

In Morey we Trust.

Silent
07-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Good Pick up

Keep3HEATSOnMe
07-06-2013, 03:48 PM
He can stretch the floor good pickup.

Jint.
07-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Casspi forum

shep33
07-06-2013, 04:01 PM
This guy can't play defense and has gotten worse every year in the league.

Don't get me wrong, he's a min pickup which means there is little risk, but I just think he's not a good player.

RockBearStro
07-06-2013, 04:02 PM
Morey working his magic! Great pick-up

greg_ory_2005
07-06-2013, 04:04 PM
He was a straight scrub last year :laugh2:

HowFit
07-06-2013, 04:10 PM
Meh...

KB24PG16
07-06-2013, 04:35 PM
he's been dropping since his rookie year

WhiteSoxGod
07-06-2013, 04:41 PM
He needs to be surrounded by a good team and used properly in a system designed for his skill-set. Houston is the perfect place for him and he comes extremely cheap.

Kayonatan
07-06-2013, 05:09 PM
He needs to be surrounded by a good team and used properly in a system designed for his skill-set. Houston is the perfect place for him and he comes extremely cheap.

This.

I believe he can do well as a backup. He will probably see 10-12 minutes a game (with Parsons and Garcia both on the SF spot). It's not like the Rockets are counting on him to be a game changer, just to run on the fast brakes and space up the floor with some 3's

ClevelandSpider
07-06-2013, 07:31 PM
LOL @ Rockets fans excited about Omri Casspi, who doesn't belong in the NBA...take it from a Cavs fan, who watched every game last season and had to witness this scrub stink up the court...I wouldn't give him even the minimum, so glad he's gone...that's not the worst signing of the past 24hrs sadly, D12 will never be a champion, doesn't matter what team he's on...

jam
07-06-2013, 07:46 PM
In other news, I did my laundry today. I'll be posting a new thread about it.

The Rockets needed to add depth at SF. They did on the cheap. Casspi can hit 3's and is young.

In Morey we Trust.

Jint.
07-06-2013, 07:47 PM
In other news, I did my laundry today. I'll be posting a new thread about it.

:jumpy::jumpy::jumpy:

WhiteSoxGod
07-06-2013, 07:57 PM
This.

I believe he can do well as a backup. He will probably see 10-12 minutes a game (with Parsons and Garcia both on the SF spot). It's not like the Rockets are counting on him to be a game changer, just to run on the fast brakes and space up the floor with some 3's

Exactly, I think that Morey and his passion for metrics knows exactly what he is doing when it comes to personnel. In Morey we trust.

goku
07-06-2013, 08:03 PM
LOL @ Rockets fans excited about Omri Casspi, who doesn't belong in the NBA...take it from a Cavs fan, who watched every game last season and had to witness this scrub stink up the court...I wouldn't give him even the minimum, so glad he's gone...that's not the worst signing of the past 24hrs sadly, D12 will never be a champion, doesn't matter what team he's on...\

im quite sure if Howard had signed with the cavs u would be excited too lol if im not mistaken howard was a big reason yall didn't go to the finals with LeBron one yr after having a top seed

dolfan720
07-06-2013, 08:49 PM

This

ClevelandSpider
07-06-2013, 09:51 PM
\

im quite sure if Howard had signed with the cavs u would be excited too lol if im not mistaken howard was a big reason yall didn't go to the finals with LeBron one yr after having a top seed

D12 today isn't the D12 of 2009...a couple shoulder and back injuries/surgeries, his increased divaness and the headache he's caused the past two years, I for one didn't want him on the Cavs even with our cap space...he's too much of a distraction and I prefer signing a guy like Pekovic of Minny who is better suited for our team and only just behind Dwight in talent now, as in 2013 going forward, too many people living in the past with D12, he's not the same player

WhiteSoxGod
07-06-2013, 10:02 PM
D12 today isn't the D12 of 2009...a couple shoulder and back injuries/surgeries, his increased divaness and the headache he's caused the past two years, I for one didn't want him on the Cavs even with our cap space...he's too much of a distraction and I prefer signing a guy like Pekovic of Minny who is better suited for our team and only just behind Dwight in talent now, as in 2013 going forward, too many people living in the past with D12, he's not the same player

The assumption is he is not the same player. I mean with a bad back he still averaged 17 points and 12.5 rebounds (which led the league). He had a WS of 12.31 (#1 in NBA), 22.1 EFF (#2 in NBA), 2.47 block per game (#3 in NBA), and 3.64 DEF (#3 in NBA).

If he can do all of this with a bad back imagine how much more he can do completely healthy. I just think it's funny somehow fans here on PSD think Howard is a scrub when he is clearly the BEST CENTER IN THE NBA....HILARIOUS!!!

goku
07-06-2013, 10:04 PM
I normally don't agree with Whitesoxgod but he is correct on this notation

WhiteSoxGod
07-06-2013, 10:07 PM
I normally don't agree with Whitesoxgod but he is correct on this notation

WE AGREE!!!!! :speechless:

It's like we're in Bizarro World......

goku
07-06-2013, 10:08 PM

lets see how he plays when he is somewhere he wants to be it was obvious he didn't want to be LA from the beginning when he was traded there not to mention he came back from back surgery sooner then expected

ClevelandSpider
07-06-2013, 10:21 PM
lets see how he plays when he is somewhere he wants to be it was obvious he didn't want to be LA from the beginning when he was traded there not to mention he came back from back surgery sooner then expected

Dwight will always be the best defensive center, I think that's without question. On the offensive side, he's nowhere near the best center in the game. Bynum was a better offensive center...Dwight gets a lot of dunks and easy putbacks...he doesn't have a jump shot, sky hook and can't hit free throws, he's about as good on O as Blake Griffin yet not as athletic...not saying he's a scrub, but I wouldn't build my team around him...if I have my choice of Dwight and his 4 years 88 million contract or Pek for about 10-12 million a year, I'll take Pek and spend the money on supporting players

goku
07-06-2013, 10:24 PM
WE AGREE!!!!! :speechless:

It's like we're in Bizarro World......

well I guess its since we in the NBA forum not NFL

goku
07-06-2013, 10:26 PM
Dwight will always be the best defensive center, I think that's without question. On the offensive side, he's nowhere near the best center in the game. Bynum was a better offensive center...Dwight gets a lot of dunks and easy putbacks...he doesn't have a jump shot, sky hook and can't hit free throws, he's about as good on O as Blake Griffin yet not as athletic...not saying he's a scrub, but I wouldn't build my team around him...if I have my choice of Dwight and his 4 years 88 million contract or Pek for about 10-12 million a year, I'll take Pek and spend the money on supporting players

lol see moves like that is why Lebron left the cavs in the first place

FOBolous
07-06-2013, 10:46 PM

lol...yes nevermind the fact that, statistically, Howard is superior to Pek in every way except for free throwing shooting. never mind the fact that despite how "dominant" Pek is, his team continues to be stuck in mediocrity. and nevermind the fact that Howard has taken his team to the finals before. Pek is DEFINITELY better.

Bostonjorge
07-06-2013, 11:27 PM
Is he the other max player Howard wanted?

WhiteSoxGod
07-07-2013, 01:31 AM
The stats don't support this claim. All the metrics show that Dwight Howard is the best center in the NBA. I think that he will prove that again next year especially when he is a hundred percent healthy

sagemania
07-07-2013, 02:12 AM
I'm more excited that we got Garcia back then this guy.

IversonIsKrazy
07-07-2013, 02:13 AM
Solid pickup. He will be a cheap young shooter off the bench

c.c.
07-07-2013, 02:35 AM
Lol I see this Dwight signing got the Rockets a lot of enemies

brandt
07-07-2013, 02:41 AM
LOL @ Rockets fans excited about Omri Casspi, who doesn't belong in the NBA...take it from a Cavs fan, who watched every game last season and had to witness this scrub stink up the court...I wouldn't give him even the minimum, so glad he's gone...that's not the worst signing of the past 24hrs sadly, D12 will never be a champion, doesn't matter what team he's on...

The Cavs actually have fans? Apparently Casspi wasn't the only scrub who stunk up the court. Didn't you guys finish dead last???

rockets-fan
07-07-2013, 02:45 AM

And that's why the cavaliers are they cavaliers, seriously? I mean I'm not even a huge Dwight fan but to pick Pek and supporting players over him is foolish.

rockets-fan
07-07-2013, 02:49 AM
Lin/Beverly/Cannan
Harden/Garcia
Parsons/Casspi
Dmo/Jones/Smith
Howard/Asik

I like it a lot :)

TorontoHuskies
07-07-2013, 03:12 AM
Cavs are weak as ******* at the 3 now....

I'm predicting a Rudy Gay +Acy for Thompson, Walton Trade

sunsfan88
07-07-2013, 04:47 AM
What's the status on Delfino? If he comes back, that would be HUGE for the Rockets. He had some great games for them last season.

WhiteSoxGod
07-07-2013, 12:14 PM
lol...yes nevermind the fact that, statistically, Howard is superior to Pek in every way except for free throwing shooting. never mind the fact that despite how "dominant" Pek is, his team continues to be stuck in mediocrity. and nevermind the fact that Howard has taken his team to the finals before. Pek is DEFINITELY better.

Exactly, by all advanced metrics and stats Dwight Howard is the Best Center in the NBA.

shep33
07-07-2013, 12:21 PM
What's the status on Delfino? If he comes back, that would be HUGE for the Rockets. He had some great games for them last season.

Pretty sure under NBA rules he can't come back. They waived him and Brooks.

rockets-fan
07-07-2013, 12:39 PM

They just can't resign him to go over the cap, but he can be signed for the minimum I'm sure

WhiteSoxGod
07-07-2013, 02:12 PM

A team cannot resign a player it has waived for 30 days. He can be resigned after that 30 days.

beasted86
07-07-2013, 07:51 PM
This guy can't play defense and has gotten worse every year in the league.

Don't get me wrong, he's a min pickup which means there is little risk, but I just think he's not a good player.
Agree whole-heartedly.

WhiteSoxGod
07-08-2013, 09:15 AM
Agree whole-heartedly.

The Cavs were not a good team last year as a whole. He needs a better system that fits his skill set. When he did play in Cleveland he was not used right. Playing for a championship contender, maximizing his value as a shooter and he will improve. Let's be real he is Jewish he will like Houston much better than Cleveland....hell I love Kyrie Irving as a Duke fan, and no offense, but nobody likes Cleveland, lol.

ClevelandSpider
07-08-2013, 09:21 AM
The Cavs were not a good team last year as a whole. He needs a better system that fits his skill set. When he did play in Cleveland he was not used right. Playing for a championship contender, maximizing his value as a shooter and he will improve. Let's be real he is Jewish he will like Houston much better than Cleveland....hell I love Kyrie Irving as a Duke fan, and no offense, but nobody likes Cleveland, lol.

Stop being a homer and making excuses for this guy, Casspi sucks and you'll agree soon enough, I give it 15 games then get back at me

WhiteSoxGod
07-08-2013, 09:32 AM
Stop being a homer and making excuses for this guy, Casspi sucks and you'll agree soon enough, I give it 15 games then get back at me

I'm not making excuses for anybody. I trust my GM. People also said that Patrick Beverly could not play nor Greg Smith. Both of these minimum salaried guys proved to be invaluable for the Rockets last year.

ClevelandSpider
07-08-2013, 09:44 AM
I'm not making excuses for anybody. I trust my GM. People also said that Patrick Beverly could not play nor Greg Smith. Both of these minimum salaried guys proved to be invaluable for the Rockets last year.

Listen, I, as were all Cavs fans after this season, were looking forward to Casspi leaving, we didn't want him back and thought he sucked, because he did, all season long...I don't care if has a good year for the Rockets, his success and/or failure doesn't help the Cavs in any way...all I'm saying is that he sucked last year and the year before that as well, and you and other Rockets fans saying "Cleveland didn't utilize him correctly, or Cleveland sucks, or no one wants to play in Cleveland" doesn't explain how bad he played or give him a pass...

Like I said, I don't think Dwight will ever be a champion and your sig is funny, you Rockets fans are close to becoming the Miami fans of the summer of 2010, tread carefully haha

WhiteSoxGod
07-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Listen, I, as were all Cavs fans after this season, were looking forward to Casspi leaving, we didn't want him back and thought he sucked, because he did, all season long...I don't care if has a good year for the Rockets, his success and/or failure doesn't help the Cavs in any way...all I'm saying is that he sucked last year and the year before that as well, and you and other Rockets fans saying "Cleveland didn't utilize him correctly, or Cleveland sucks, or no one wants to play in Cleveland" doesn't explain how bad he played or give him a pass...

Like I said, I don't think Dwight will ever be a champion and your sig is funny, you Rockets fans are close to becoming the Miami fans of the summer of 2010, tread carefully haha

Now you're just getting defensive, ha ha. Omri Casspi is a bench role player we got on the minimum. He can shoot and that's what the Rockets need. It's just hilarious to think the Rockets don't know what they're doing. GM Daryl Morey has constructed a championship team from almost nothing. Rockets fan trust in Morey, as do I. If he thinks Caspi can help I am going to take his opinion far more than a bunch of Cleveland Cavalier fans.

GMpunk
07-08-2013, 09:56 AM
he suckz... how iz he still in the NBA?

ClevelandSpider
07-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Now you're just getting defensive, ha ha. Omri Casspi is a bench role player we got on the minimum. He can shoot and that's what the Rockets need. It's just hilarious to think the Rockets don't know what they're doing. GM Daryl Morey has constructed a championship team from almost nothing. Rockets fan trust in Morey, as do I. If he thinks Caspi can help I am going to take his opinion far more than a bunch of Cleveland Cavalier fans.

Defensive? How exactly? I'm trying to rationalize with you but you just don't seem to be able to look at the situation without your homer goggles on...I watched this guy the past two seasons and it was clear that he didn't belong in the NBA, whatever skills and level of talent he had at his best is gone, and there is a reason he signed for the vet minimum...I don't see how you guys can be excited about this bum is all...

Casspi was a player all us Cavs fans couldn't wait to see off the team, he was taking up a roster spot I'd rather see given to a guy from the D-League because that's what Casspi is, nothing but a DLer, and wouldn't even be a star there...to find a thread with Rockets fans excited about Omri Casspi is like Joe Dirt being excited about that apple core at the oil rig, it's hilarious!

Again, your sig is just as funny too...you have two finals losers together with the word "champion" below them, those two should not even be associated with the word champion, let alone "heart of a champion," as neither has shown any heart on the biggest stage in the NBA, Dwight consistently showing a total lack of heart and Harden completely disappearing against Miami...

Stinkyoutsider
07-08-2013, 12:17 PM
I wonder where he's going to fit in the rotation? Will he be in the rotation at all? He's a solid shooter so I'm thinking they'll find some role for him?

rockets-fan
07-08-2013, 12:40 PM
Cleveland spider chill out, I'm sure Daryl Morey is 100 times better at evaluating talent for his team than you are. He sucked in Cleveland, y'all wanted him gone great we will accept him with open arms because Morey always and I mean ALWAYS turns talent up out of no where. Like whitesoxgod god said, did Beverly not Suck in Miami?

And how are we close to being the new Heat fans? Not one Rockets fan has named the Rockets champs, though that is what fans usually do, shot or no shot that is what they are FANatics of their team, but anyways. White sox god called them a contender. I think maybe all the west teams along with the top three to four east seeds are contenders. Did you not see what the Ravens did last year? Or Giants before that? They were written off and won. No Rockets fans are cocky or anything, just excited to have some good moves in Houston again after a drought or non playoffs.

BenFrank
07-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Could someone post Howard numbers after the all-star break when he was better in health..

I'm reserving judgement on Casspi until further notice, but for the price tag.. and his potential (only in the league for 4 years) I believe he can turn it around

prodigy
07-08-2013, 01:21 PM
I like Casspi, and ya the Cavs did not use him the best but he still missed alot of open shots. he's an below avg player to avg at best. Prob end up deep on the Rockets bench. Cool dude though.

WhiteSoxGod
07-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Could someone post Howard numbers after the all-star break when he was better in health..

I'm reserving judgement on Casspi until further notice, but for the price tag.. and his potential (only in the league for 4 years) I believe he can turn it around

Dwight Howard - Per Game
Pre All-Star 16.3 PPG -- 11.8 RPG -- 1.5 APG -- 2.3 BPG
Post All-Star 15.5 PPG -- 14.8 RPG -- 0.8 APG -- 2.6 BPG

You can see a difference in Howard's play. He has been more active on the defensive end and on the glass, and has been better in pick and rolls on the offensive end.

Dwight Howard - Rebounding
Pre All-Star OREB%: 10.8% -- DREB%: 26.5% -- REB%: 18.9%
Post All-Star OREB%: 12.5% -- DREB%: 32.1% -- REB%: 22.6%

The increase in Howard's rebounding numbers are not just based on per-game stats, which can vary based on opponent and pace of the game. If you look at Howard's rebounding percentage, he has increased the amount of available rebounds he has grabbed on both the offensive and defensive end since the All-Star break.

Dwight Howard - Advanced
Pre All-Star OffRtg: 104.0 -- DefRtg: 102.1 -- NetRtg: +1.9 -- USG%: 22.1% -- [+/- (per game)]: +35 (0.7)
Post All-Star OffRtg: 113.0 -- DefRtg: 98.7 -- NetRtg +14.3 -- USG%: 21.4% -- [+/- (per game)]: +88 (8.8)

Here you'll see that Howard's usage rate has dipped slightly -- a pair of 40+ point performances from Kobe likely contributed to that -- but his on-court plus/minus has increased dramatically. The same goes for Howard's on-court offensive and defensive efficiency -- up 9.0 points per 100 possession on offense and giving up 3.4 fewer points per 100 possessions on defense.

WhiteSoxGod
07-08-2013, 01:33 PM

Totally Agreed

True Sports Fan
07-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Really hope he can turn it around with the Rockets.

WhiteSoxGod
07-09-2013, 03:19 AM
Really hope he can turn it around with the Rockets.

Casspi is going to reunite with previously worn jersey No. 18, which in Hebrew symbolizes "life". Casspi is Jewish (as am I) for all those who did not know.

goku
07-09-2013, 03:57 AM
Cavs fans talking about wat it takes to build a championship roster is hilarious if they knew how to build one LeBron might not have bolted from Cleveland and I see the same thing happening with irving

WhiteSoxGod
07-09-2013, 04:04 AM
Can you believe an Omri Casspi thread reached 5 pages...LOL

prodigy
07-09-2013, 09:26 AM
Cavs fans talking about wat it takes to build a championship roster is hilarious if they knew how to build one LeBron might not have bolted from Cleveland and I see the same thing happening with irving

Which was 99% Lebrons fault lol. You need your superstar to reach out he never would. Even when the Cavs had a trade in place for Bosh. Lebron did not even talk to Bosh about it lol. Of course I don't expect you to know any of that.

ClevelandSpider
07-09-2013, 09:46 AM

Because Cavs fans have a voice in the front office?..:facepalm: I see the Rockets not making it out of the Western Conference for the next 3 years with Dwight opting out after the 15-16 season and heading to Brooklyn...

WhiteSoxGod
07-09-2013, 12:53 PM
Because Cavs fans have a voice in the front office?..:facepalm: I see the Rockets not making it out of the Western Conference for the next 3 years with Dwight opting out after the 15-16 season and heading to Brooklyn...

Don't worry ya'll got Bynum, Cleveland is guaranteed a Finals Appearance. I'd even call Cleveland Championship City due to all the Championships all their sports teams have. Cavs just gonna add one more with Bynum.

True Sports Fan
07-09-2013, 01:11 PM
:laugh:

Klivlend
07-09-2013, 01:35 PM
Don't worry ya'll got Bynum, Cleveland is guaranteed a Finals Appearance. I'd even call Cleveland Championship City due to all the Championships all their sports teams have. Cavs just gonna add one more with Bynum.

http://i.imgur.com/LrluzgW.jpg

ClevelandSpider
07-09-2013, 07:39 PM

I'd like to add Bynum but I'd hardly go as far to say that equals a Finals appearance :confused: Cleveland actually hasn't won a title since 1964, in any professional sport, so again I'd hardly call it "Championship City"..you seriously need to do some homework, most people know it's been a long time since we hoisted any trophy, apparently you aren't one of them

brandt
07-09-2013, 08:07 PM
I'd like to add Bynum but I'd hardly go as far to say that equals a Finals appearance :confused: Cleveland actually hasn't won a title since 1964, in any professional sport, so again I'd hardly call it "Championship City"..you seriously need to do some homework, most people know it's been a long time since we hoisted any trophy, apparently you aren't one of them

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic. I think his point was that It's quite obvious that some of the things you are saying about the Rockets just aren't true, and they are just your bitter feelings towards the team. Everyone knows that their team has improved tremendously already at least from what they were, and will probably continue to. It will take YEARS just for your team to have a winning record again. So if you really are a Cavs fan, I would worry more about how your team is going to do.

SugeKnight
07-09-2013, 08:09 PM

Please be sarcasm

ClevelandSpider
07-09-2013, 08:16 PM
I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic. I think his point was that It's quite obvious that some of the things you are saying about the Rockets just aren't true, and they are just your bitter feelings towards the team. Everyone knows that their team has improved tremendously already at least from what they were, and will probably continue to. It will take YEARS just for your team to have a winning record again. So if you really are a Cavs fan, I would worry more about how your team is going to do.

So was I, derppp :facepalm:

DR_1
07-09-2013, 08:55 PM
Lol I see this Dwight signing got the Rockets a lot of enemies

Not me, I've always liked the Rockets :)

WhiteSoxGod
07-10-2013, 08:52 AM
LOL I think he missed that.....lol