PDA

View Full Version : So... Who Gets the Final 2 Playoff Spots in the East?

Robbw241
07-06-2013, 11:42 AM
In no particular order, it seems like Miami, BK, NYK, CHI, IND, and probably ATL will be 6 of the playoff teams in the East.

That still means that 2(poor Western Conference) of:
Boston
Milwaukee
Washington
Charlotte
Detroit
Philly
Cleveland
Orlando
Toronto

have to make it.

As it stands now, I'm gonna have to go with the Cavs and either Washington or Detroit depending on if the Pistons can make a move for Smoove or someone of that caliber. East is in a pretty sad state.

knicks=love
07-06-2013, 11:44 AM
it's july 6th, rawb. why don't we worry about that come october, or even march for that matter.

abe_froman
07-06-2013, 11:47 AM
thats going to be a fun race to watch,who will be the odd men out of the wiggins lotto :laugh2: the 8th seed might only have 30 wins.i'll go with mil and washington

Robbw241
it's july 6th, rawb. why don't we worry about that come october, or even march for that matter.

So we can figure out who the Nostradamus' of the forum are, and harass them for future gambling endeavors.

shep33
Toronto and Washington

xxplayerxx23
07-06-2013, 11:52 AM
Cavs and wizards. Hawks are also an incomplete team ATM

waveycrockett
07-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Knicks and Washington

mike_noodles
07-06-2013, 12:03 PM
If the Raptors do not tank (we still don't know which way they are going), I'll take them and the Cavs.

beasted86
07-06-2013, 12:17 PM
First eliminate teams listed that have gone into full on tank mode:

Philly
Boston
Toronto
Orlando

That leaves:
Cleveland
Charlotte
Detroit
Milwaukee
Washington

My money is on Washington & Milwaukee. If Toronto didn't seem to be trying to tank, they should make the playoffs easy.

waveycrockett
07-06-2013, 12:27 PM
The raptors are going to be good next year. Like 5-7 seed at least. They really showed what they can do with that talent at the end of last season.

NoahH
07-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Cavs IF healthy and Washington. Washington was .500 with Wall healthy and they'll be even better this year AND they added Otto Porter

waveycrockett
07-06-2013, 12:35 PM
Cavs IF healthy and Washington. Washington was .500 with Wall healthy and they'll be even better this year AND they added Otto Porter
Yea washington is a sleeper. I think the they could finish as high as 6 seed if Jon Wall can play the entire season the way he did the 2nd half of last year.

Sinestro
07-06-2013, 12:40 PM
Toronto and Cleveland/Washington I think Wall and Irving will try to carry their teams to the playoffs

GiantsSwaGG
07-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Nets and Raptors. Those 2 will battle for the 7th and 8 seed

waveycrockett
07-06-2013, 12:45 PM

u mad!

ManRam
07-06-2013, 12:46 PM
Too early, but I'd guess Cleveland or Washington right now.

GiantsSwaGG
07-06-2013, 12:48 PM
u mad!

Not really, because the nets being a 7th or 8 th seed is "in the bag"

Hawkeye15
07-06-2013, 01:04 PM
I never like making predictions until the bulk of the offseason is finished with. It seems pointless to me.

Legendary33
07-06-2013, 01:12 PM
cleveland and toronto, but i don't even think atlanta will make it to the playoffs however I'm not making real predictions until the end of the offseason cause we don't know what trades/signings are going to happen yet. As a toronto fan we have no idea which direction Masai Ujiri is going to go, i don't think he's going to go with a rebuild and so with the roster we have were definitely a playoff team. Washington has a very good shot too.

abe_froman
07-06-2013, 01:13 PM
cleveland and toronto, but i don't even think atlanta will make it to the playoffs however I'm not making real predictions until the end of the offseason cause we don't know what trades/signings are going to happen yet. As a toronto fan we have no idea which direction Masai Ujiri is going to go, i don't think he's going to go with a rebuild and so with the roster we have were definitely a playoff team. Washington has a very good shot too.
in the east with half the teams tanking for wiggins? atl is too good not to get in the playoffs.

Legendary33
07-06-2013, 01:19 PM
At the moment right now if I'm going to compere Cleveland, Atlanta, Toronto, and Detroit, then atlanta places last amongst those teams fighting for a playoff spot. Again it is to early in the offseason to have this argument.

knicksfan42
07-06-2013, 01:26 PM

No I think it'll be the Nets and Pistons.

lamzoka
07-06-2013, 01:30 PM
Knicks and Washington

you're lame son.

waveycrockett
07-06-2013, 01:34 PM
you're lame son.

I'm serious son. Outside of Melo your team looks bad.

lamzoka
07-06-2013, 01:37 PM
I'm serious son. Outside of Melo your team looks bad.

ok! you got it.

beasted86
07-06-2013, 01:38 PM
At the moment right now if I'm going to compere Cleveland, Atlanta, Toronto, and Detroit, then atlanta places last amongst those teams fighting for a playoff spot. Again it is to early in the offseason to have this argument.

Wait... Detroit missed the playoffs and was a terrible throughout the year. They didn't even look any better in the 2nd half to give you optimism that their young players are going to make another step the coming season.

Why do you think they are better than ATL? Same question applies to Cleveland. Other than getting Varejao back, you think Bennett will make that much a difference?

Legendary33
07-06-2013, 01:48 PM
Wait... Detroit missed the playoffs and was a terrible throughout the year. They didn't even look any better in the 2nd half to give you optimism that their young players are going to make another step the coming season.

Why do you think they are better than ATL? Same question applies to Cleveland. Other than getting Varejao back, you think Bennett will make that much a difference?

You'll be amazed what one offseason can do for young teams with future stars like Monroe, Drummond, Irving and many others on those teams especially when they practice with team USA. Even adding Washington in there but i think they will need more time to mesh, all these teams are going to surprise a lot of people next season and they should all give a strong fight for the playoffs. In terms of Atlanta they haven't progressed much for a few years and i see no signs of optimism that leads me to believe they will improve next season either. Atlanta will be the same old Hawks and they're going to get a run for their money by these young guys.

Legendary33
07-06-2013, 03:28 PM
HAHAHAHA look what happened to these telling me atlanta is better than detroit, their best player just signed with the pistons

Ryan328
07-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Miami
Chicago
Indiana
Brooklyn
New York
Washington
Toronto
Cleveland

Atlanta (depending what they do with that roster) & Detroit are also possibilities.