PDA

View Full Version : Jim Buss + Dantoni = No Lebron

Handsof12
07-06-2013, 10:23 AM
The question that we all should ask ourselves is why Lebron would want to come to the Lakers with our front office being so dysfunctional. Even if the franchise makes some changes front office make overs dont happen overnight. This is especially true when you have Pat Riley running the Heat, Alonzo Mourning in the front office, Spoelstra as one of the best young coaches in the league and playing in one the most desireable destinations in the country.
Our tradition is not going to lure him from Miami to deal with our drama and an owner who doesnt know how to run a franchise. Jim Buss has shown that he will stick to his guns on what he believes.
Lebron to LA is more than likely dead. Howard not coming isnt a bad thing because he couldnt handle being the face of the franchise anyway. But what his depature has exposed is that we arent functioning like the Laker organization of old. Players arent going to come to the Lakers to be part of the tradition if there tenure with the team wont allow them to experience that tradition.

NYY09
07-06-2013, 10:40 AM
Lakers? Everyone knows LeBron is going to the Knicks... :rolleyes:

Tony_Starks
07-06-2013, 10:59 AM
We're not getting Lebron regardless but DAntoni is gone after this season.

The reason he's still around is they gave him a pass because of all the injuries. Other than that he would've been gone.

Teeboy1487
07-06-2013, 11:01 AM
We will never get Lebron. Besides, I want the Lakers to rebuild and it will take years to happen. I doubt Lebron wants to come to a rebuilding Lakers team.

JasonJohnHorn
07-06-2013, 11:04 AM
Duplicate post.

JasonJohnHorn
07-06-2013, 11:05 AM
Jim Buss has too much ego. He has no clue what he is doing. Bringing in Mike Brown was a mistake. The job should have went to Brian Shaw. Then he bring sin 'Antoni and alienates the best Center in the game and loses him? Seriously? This team should have won a title last year and Howard should have be refusing to even TALK to other teams.

If this guy didn't own the team, he would have been fired long ago.

KnickaBocka.44
07-06-2013, 11:20 AM
We're not getting Lebron regardless but DAntoni is gone after this season.

The reason he's still around is they gave him a pass because of all the injuries. Other than that he would've been gone.

If the Lakers do fire him, there's also the issue of paying $20+ million to 2 coaches who arent even coaching your team.

shep33
07-06-2013, 11:27 AM
They'll get rid of D'antoni sooner or later, no question about that.

I do believe in the next year Jeanie and Phil will have a more prominent role in the organization

nickdymez
07-06-2013, 11:27 AM
Again, many Lakers fan out here in LA dont want Lebron. The main reason Lakers fans seem salty is because we want our superstars to have that "Lakers" mentality. Howard nor Lebron have that. The Lakers dont need to go out and beg superstars and do all this song and dance to get players to come to LA. Our banners represent legacy. Lebron is great, but i dont see him in a Lakers jersey at all

ManRam
07-06-2013, 11:29 AM
It's gonna be Miami or Cleveland I think from here on out.

Moving once I think is 100% fine...but moving to three teams in your prime is a bit more iffy.

ManRam
07-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Again, many Lakers fan out here in LA dont want Lebron. The main reason Lakers fans seem salty is because we want our superstars to have that "Lakers" mentality. Howard nor Lebron have that. The Lakers dont need to go out and beg superstars and do all this song and dance to get players to come to LA. Our banners represent legacy. Lebron is great, but i dont see him in a Lakers jersey at all

What the hell is "The Lakers Mentality"?

:laugh:

And you did a song and dance to keep Dwight...so yeah...

waveycrockett
07-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Yea there is no shot LeBron is playing for MDA but the Buss thing is irrelevant. I doubt LeBron gives a crap about Buss.

waveycrockett

Oh ok

BigCityofDreams

They would accept him with open arms if he decided to join the Lake Show.

But I agree he's not going there.

shep33
07-06-2013, 11:37 AM
I think it's a slim shot at LeBron and Melo. Dang they'd be pretty awesome to watch though

blastmasta26
07-06-2013, 11:44 AM

Moving once I think is 100% fine...but moving to three teams in your prime is a bit more iffy.

Is Cleveland really an option? I know returning home and playing with Kyrie would be nice but wouldn't LeBron be understandably upset with Dan Gilbert?

BigCityofDreams
07-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Is Cleveland really an option? I know returning home and playing with Kyrie would be nice but wouldn't LeBron be understandably upset with Dan Gilbert?

True but **** like that would be smoothed over. Dan can come out and say he was emotional and made comments he shouldn't have. Whether he goes back or not Gilbert should say that if he hasn't already.

waveycrockett
07-06-2013, 11:51 AM

I cant believe people still think this stuff matters to LeBron. He will move to whatever situation is best for him and IMO it's clearly not going to be Miami and probably not Cleveland either with all the unproven young guys aside from Kyrie.

shep33
07-06-2013, 11:51 AM
I think we need to focus on 2015 in all truth. Make a run at Kevin Love, LMA, Rondo etc.

nickdymez
07-06-2013, 11:58 AM
They would accept him with open arms if he decided to join the Lake Show.

But I agree he's not going there.

Of course they would. We aren't like other fans who bandwagon because of a player. I've hated Gasol, but root for him because he's a laker.

nickdymez
07-06-2013, 12:00 PM

And you did a song and dance to keep Dwight...so yeah...

Of course you dont understand the Lakers mentality, your a fan of a losing franchise. And show me the tape of my song and dance...

Captain Moroni
07-06-2013, 12:14 PM
2015 lakers and Knicks with crazy cap space.....gonna be nuts

shep33
07-06-2013, 12:15 PM
2015 lakers and Knicks with crazy cap space.....gonna be nuts

Yeah should be fun that year.

Captain Moroni
07-06-2013, 12:16 PM
Of course you dont understand the Lakers mentality, your a fan of a losing franchise. And show me the tape of my song and dance...

I believe he is a Heat fan. One of the 300 that showed up to the parade.

Wade n Fade
07-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Lebron is not leaving Miami. He will opt out for money at worst. When Miami will be a three time champion with two of Lebron's great friends in the fold, why leave? Wade will take less money to keep the title run alive and so will Bosh. Bosh and Wade know they aren't worth another max contract. Cleveland is not realistic because of the crap Dan Gilbert said and Cavs fans hate him to this day. I cannot foresee him leaving for Cleveland at all. Even if he did leave, I wouldn't be mad because he brought my team some spectacular basketball and two titles at worst. Should've been three already going on four.

justinnum1
07-06-2013, 12:52 PM
There is one really mad lakers fan in here lol

abe_froman
07-06-2013, 12:55 PM
even without dantoni lebron isnt going to the lakers,but they'll get guys next year no doubt

naps
07-06-2013, 12:58 PM

"Kicking superstars out of town because of insecurity, getting coaches fired, and hogging the ball like no other" is called Lakers mentality.

naps
07-06-2013, 01:02 PM
Oh and it's funny how people think LeBron was going to the Lakers if D'Antonie and Jim Buss were not there. Do people realize how he thirty he was for rings and now he's a back to back champ? What would he show as the reason to leave the franchise who took him to 3 straight finals and 2 championships in 3 years? LeBron ain't going anywhere. If he ever considers to leave, it'll be for Cleveland.

Handsof12
07-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Yea there is no shot LeBron is playing for MDA but the Buss thing is irrelevant. I doubt LeBron gives a crap about Buss.

Usually I would agree, but once you have played for a team run by the likes of Pat Riley and everything is run well I imagine it would be hard to then ignore the value in that. I think Lebron would care about Jim's role on decision making and day to day operations. He's experienced how it benefits the organization.

sunnyice
07-06-2013, 02:28 PM
Superstars dont want to play for the lakers because of Kobe. Not a lot of players like playing with kobe (ask his former teammates). As long as Kobe is playing for the lakers they will have a hard time luring superstars.

STL Don
07-06-2013, 02:39 PM
IF Lbj for some reason does decide to test the market, the Lakers would get rid of antoni in a blink of an eye if it meant the differnce between signing him or not. Dont let the Howard situation fool you, the lakers let him go..

Kevj77
07-06-2013, 02:44 PM
Jim Buss has too much ego. He has no clue what he is doing. Bringing in Mike Brown was a mistake. The job should have went to Brian Shaw. Then he bring sin 'Antoni and alienates the best Center in the game and loses him? Seriously? This team should have won a title last year and Howard should have be refusing to even TALK to other teams.

If this guy didn't own the team, he would have been fired long ago.It almost reminds me of the final years of Al Davis. The huge difference between Al and Jim is Al was hugely succesful for 30 years then had a terrible decade. If Al wasn't the owner the first round busts, terrible free agent signings, trades that didn't work out would have got him fired.

What has Jimmy ever done it is almost as if he want to get out of his fathers shadow so badly that he is desperate, but he doesn't want his sister to get the lion share of the credit and everyone knows her relationship with Phil so Jimmy avoids Phil at all cost to the detriment of the teams success.

OceanSpray
07-06-2013, 02:49 PM
LeBron is staying in MIAMI if they win against next season. I see Bosh getting moved and Wade signing for a much lesser contract. There will be a big man in Miami soon.

NoahH
07-06-2013, 02:50 PM
LeBron wont leave. Carmelo probably wont either. Both will quietly re-up or opt-in or whatever and there will be no Decision 2.0.

amos1er
07-06-2013, 03:00 PM

If this guy didn't own the team, he would have been fired long ago.

I agree. Jim is the worst owner in all of sports. It takes a special kind of moron to chase someone away from the Lakers franchise.

OceanSpray
07-06-2013, 03:02 PM
I agree. Jim is the worst owner in all of sports. It takes a special kind of moron to chase someone away from the Lakers franchise.

Kobe chased him away like he chased Shaq away. Not a lot of players like playing with Kobe. His former teammates have publicly stated that Kobe was a terrible teammate. I would love playing with Kobe if I was an NBA player but some people have different attitudes and I don't think Howard ever coexisted with Bryant. Harden is a fun loving dude who seems to have the same interests as Howard.

lakerboy
07-06-2013, 03:08 PM
If the Lakers do fire him, there's also the issue of paying $20+ million to 2 coaches who arent even coaching your team.

Lakers are cheap, they should fire him. They aren't paying for 2 coaches anymore as Mike Brown signed with Cleveland. They'll just be paying D'Antoni.

lakerboy
07-06-2013, 03:09 PM

I'd say second worst. I think Robert Sarver is the absolute worst.

amos1er
07-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Superstars dont want to play for the lakers because of Kobe. Not a lot of players like playing with kobe (ask his former teammates). As long as Kobe is playing for the lakers they will have a hard time luring superstars.

Ehem...

Shaq
Gasol
Payton
Malone
Dwight
Nash

All have come to play with Kobe. Your post is foolish and lacks factual backing. It's only your opinion and a foolish one at that. Stephen A Smith just interviewed Dwight and he said that it was mainly the front office issues that made him want to leave. He said all those things about Kobe were completely false. He never had a problem with Kobe. Stop hating and looking for every excuse to blame **** on Kobe. You honestly sound like a damn fool.

In this Q&A with @Alex Kennedy Dwight Howard defends Kobe Bryant, admits he wanted Phil Jackson - tinyurl.com/mvkkx4f

Read more: http://www.hoopsworld.com/how-dwight-howard-settled-on-houston

This wasn't Kobe's fault. It's all Jim Buss.

6cadi6
07-06-2013, 03:29 PM
Everything is Kobe's fault. :superman:

ztilzer31
07-06-2013, 03:39 PM

This is great. It's not that the Lakers couldn't get Dwight Howard or LBJ. It's because the Lakers don't want them lol.

nickdymez
07-06-2013, 04:13 PM

Then they are dumb because Kobe is a winner. Bottom line. If you have a problem with Kobe trying to push you to be a winner, we dont want you anyway. Lakers fan mentality...