PDA

View Full Version : Kobe's reaction to Dwight leaving

spreadeagle
07-06-2013, 12:40 AM
http://www.buzzfeed.com/michaelrusch/kobe-bryants-reaction-to-dwight-howards-decision-is-priceles

I look forward to this feud

KniCks4LiFe
07-06-2013, 12:44 AM
he also unfollowed Dwight on twitter. :laugh2:

http://www.twcsportsnet.com/videos/2013/07/05/kobe-social-media-reaction

Jenceman
07-06-2013, 12:51 AM
Kobe's always had Paus back, telling the FO to commit to him or tradebhim and not leave him in limbo

Vinny642
07-06-2013, 12:52 AM
Amazing

tbone2171
07-06-2013, 12:58 AM
Wow! Why isn't this on the cover of CNN yet? Kolby Brient is goat

mnatiq
07-06-2013, 12:59 AM
kobe and pau are better 2gether then with D12 in the mix. Good for all of them. I see kobe and lakers playing better next season without howard

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-06-2013, 01:00 AM
This feud will be epic .... you know kobes gonna take it personal

dodie53
07-06-2013, 01:00 AM
dun dun dun dunnnn

Raps18-19 Champ
07-06-2013, 01:02 AM
Had Kobe not been a dick, none of this would be happening.

LAKobeBryant
07-06-2013, 01:10 AM
really late, this was buried in the dwight thread

SportsFanatic10
07-06-2013, 01:11 AM

yep, kobe chases another great bigman out of LA well done mamba!

ztilzer31
07-06-2013, 01:12 AM
Gonna be a long season Lakers.

ztilzer31
07-06-2013, 01:13 AM

It's his amazing leadership, and affable personality.

effen5
07-06-2013, 01:13 AM
Had Dwight not been such a dumbass, none of this would have happened.

JLynn943
07-06-2013, 01:15 AM
Howard should have chosen Houston regardless. That roster fits him better.

ztilzer31
07-06-2013, 01:17 AM
Gonna be nice to see Houston be good again. Loved the Hakeem era.

FOBolous
07-06-2013, 01:17 AM

It's his amazing leadership, and affable personality.

:laugh2:

nickdymez
07-06-2013, 01:22 AM
lol @ the Kobe haters... 5 rings....................................

FOBolous
07-06-2013, 01:23 AM
lol @ the Kobe haters... 5 rings....................................

lol @ the Lakers losing another all-star big man because of Kobe

Triple_Ocho
07-06-2013, 01:26 AM
I am excited to watch how the west plays out. Congrats to Houston from all the level headed Lakers fans. Hopefully you guys get the Dwight Howard that Laker fans thought we were getting.

nickdymez
07-06-2013, 01:33 AM

lol.. Grow up young man. Last time we lost an All star big man, he:

a. Already won 3 rings for us
b. Is still beloved by LA fans and known as a LAKER
c. We went to the finals 3 times and won 2
d. We have another all star big man

FOBolous
07-06-2013, 01:35 AM
lol.. Grow up young man. Last time we lost an All star big man, he:

a. Already won 3 rings for us
b. Is still beloved by LA fans and known as a LAKER
c. We went to the finals 3 times and won 2
d. We have another all star big man

kobe still chased another all-star CENTER off the team :laugh2:

nickdymez
07-06-2013, 01:35 AM
I am excited to watch how the west plays out. Congrats to Houston from all the level headed Lakers fans. Hopefully you guys get the Dwight Howard that Laker fans thought we were getting.

lol@ level headed Laker fans. You mean bandwagon laker fan. Because real Lakers fans dont congratulate any team that takes a "superstar" from us. Probably because it never happens. But when Dwight got ejected in the final game of the season, he needed to be gone. Go ahead and change your name and be a rocket fan now

sunsfan88
07-06-2013, 01:40 AM
lol@ level headed Laker fans. You mean bandwagon laker fan. Because real Lakers fans dont congratulate any team that takes a "superstar" from us. Probably because it never happens. But when Dwight got ejected in the final game of the season, he needed to be gone. Go ahead and change your name and be a rocket fan now
You mad bro?

Teeboy1487
07-06-2013, 01:41 AM

Dwight said himself Kobe was not a factor in his decision making. Howard left because the Lakers were old and had a dumb coach.

Ryan328
07-06-2013, 01:46 AM
Rockets @ Lakers on Christmas Day??

ACanadian
07-06-2013, 01:53 AM

Rocket*

FOBolous
07-06-2013, 01:54 AM
Dwight said himself Kobe was not a factor in his decision making. Howard left because the Lakers were old and had a dumb coach.

Howard also said him and Stan Van Gundy got a long fine before he got him fired.

ichitownclowni
Jeez leave Kobe alone. All you haters need a hobby. #24

soundjunkies2
Rockets @ Lakers on Christmas Day??

Book it. The NBA booked the Heat vs Lakers the following Christmas after Shaq was dealt.

FOBolous
07-06-2013, 01:55 AM

thank you. i wish more Lakers fans are like you. so many Laker fans are cocky, arrogant, and love to talk down on other cities...it's annoying. It's been said, many times on PSD, that people don't hate Kobe...they hate his fans.

Triple_Ocho
07-06-2013, 02:00 AM

haha dude lakers will be fine. I have no problem letting another team have Dwight Howard. He was a problem here in LA. I'm glad he is gone. I'm a Lakers fan for life.

Jarvo
07-06-2013, 02:01 AM
Everyone knew this would happen with Dwight leaving after one season but overhyped Laker fans who was talking crap once they got him, But it maybe a long season for The Lakers.

rapjuicer06
07-06-2013, 02:03 AM
Congrats to the Rockets. Should be a damn fun team to watch

ACanadian
07-06-2013, 02:06 AM
thank you . i wish more Lakers fans are like you. so many Laker fans are cocky, arrogant, and love to talk down on other cities...it's annoying. It's been said, many times on PSD, that people don't hate Kobe...they hate his fans.

*Thank
*I
*Laker
*So

Denverbronco007
07-06-2013, 02:14 AM
kobe and pau are better 2gether then with D12 in the mix. Good for all of them. I see kobe and lakers playing better next season without howard

I don't think so. To many good young teams. The laker's are toast. They have to get younger.

Vinny642
07-06-2013, 02:16 AM
Kobe still has 2.5 times more championships than the Rockets franchise. I'm OK with him "chasing off" another all-star center. HAR HAR HAR. :laugh2:

Stop

Mcdoh
07-06-2013, 02:16 AM
Bye Dwight, Congrats Houston..

FOBolous
07-06-2013, 02:22 AM
*Thank
*I
*Laker
*So

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/there-are-so-many-grammar-nazis-on-the-internet-because.jpg

LOL! oh...sorry...i meant "I laughed out loud" :rolleyes: please forgive me for my grammatical transgression, ACanadian. because i care soooooo much about what you think of me and my lack of proper grammar usage on the internet.

t_money25
07-06-2013, 02:35 AM
SMH @ Kobe.......having difficulties handling rejection

sunnyice
07-06-2013, 02:50 AM
nobody likes playing with kobe lol

bleedprple&gold
07-06-2013, 02:58 AM
He left because of Dumbtoni not Kobe

ESaady
07-06-2013, 03:12 AM
Kobe's so competitive, I ****ing love it.

ztilzer31
07-06-2013, 03:19 AM
PSD has corrupted me to hating the Lakers sorry guys. I mean I've hated Kobe since he chased Shaq out of LA, but it's hard to figure out which Lakers fans are the crazy ones, and which ones are the complete idiots. It's probably the worst split of any team on this site lol.

ACanadian
07-06-2013, 03:55 AM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/there-are-so-many-grammar-nazis-on-the-internet-because.jpg

LOL! oh...sorry...i meant "I laughed out loud" :rolleyes: please forgive me for my grammatical transgression, ACanadian. because i care soooooo much about what you think of me and my lack of proper grammar usage on the internet.

I accept your apology.

smith&wesson
07-06-2013, 04:06 AM

first Stan Van and now Kobe :pity: you guys are missing who the common denominator is here.

smith&wesson
07-06-2013, 04:23 AM
3 teams in 3 years that's all I gotta say. Howard better hope it works in Houston otherwise his legacy is forever tarnished.

with that said I think Harden and Howard can be pretty dam good if they click

lakerboy
07-06-2013, 05:13 AM
Good luck Houston! I hope Dwight brings in some good effort. He didn't give 100% on the floor every night with us, and that is why we are upset. Good luck!

TorontoHuskies
07-06-2013, 05:26 AM
Kobe's a washed up chucker...he was great in his prime but he's on his way out I don't blame howard for leaving I would have too. Harden > Kobe right now

Aust
07-06-2013, 05:42 AM

lolk

nykobe24
07-06-2013, 06:28 AM
Kobe's a washed up chucker...he was great in his prime but he's on his way out I don't blame howard for leaving I would have too. Harden > Kobe right now
Son, stop swallowing Kobe's kids. Obviously harden is better than Kobe right now because Kobe is coming off an injury, but before he got hurt Kobe was playing better ball than harden, so once Kobe comes back I expect him to be better than Harden again.

Greedy22
07-06-2013, 07:13 AM
Kobe's so competitive, I ****ing love it.

:clap:

Congrats to Houston. Hope he's not a pain in the *** like he was in LA, nobody deserves that.

AntiG
07-06-2013, 07:42 AM
this is like catty women, one is the **** that will sleep with anyone for attention, the other is the psycho-******.

Bruno
07-06-2013, 07:56 AM
PSD has corrupted me to hating the Lakers sorry guys. I mean I've hated Kobe since he chased Shaq out of LA, but it's hard to figure out which Lakers fans are the crazy ones, and which ones are the complete idiots. It's probably the worst split of any team on this site lol.

shaq chased himself out of town. dude wasn't managing his body and still wanted 30 million dollars a year for a half decade at the age of 32. buss told him to take a hike and rightfully so. if it wasn't for wades explosion in 2006, shaq wouldn't have another ring to show for it either; dude didn't rack a single regular season or finals MVP post LAL.

BigCityofDreams
07-06-2013, 08:54 AM
thank you. i wish more Lakers fans are like you. so many Laker fans are cocky, arrogant, and love to talk down on other cities...it's annoying. It's been said, many times on PSD, that people don't hate Kobe...they hate his fans.

No they hate Kobe because even the most die hard Laker fan has criticized him over the last few yrs. I've seen Kobe haters cheer when he went down last season. Hell ppl on here have said the world would be better if he wasn't alive.

SteBO
07-06-2013, 09:11 AM

shaq chased himself out of town. dude wasn't managing his body and still wanted 30 million dollars a year for a half decade at the age of 32. buss told him to take a hike and rightfully so. if it wasn't for wades explosion in 2006, shaq wouldn't have another ring to show for it either; dude didn't rack a single regular season or finals MVP post LAL.
Not gonna lie, it took me a good while to realize this. And when I say that, I mean it took me until i witnessed Shaq's departure from Miami.

BigCityofDreams
07-06-2013, 09:17 AM
Not gonna lie, it took me a good while to realize this. And when I say that, I mean it took me until i witnessed Shaq's departure from Miami.

It took everyone a while to realize it except for ppl that still hate Kobe. Hell a few yrs ago Stehpan A Smith ran down what during that time and it pretty much was ignored. Not saying Kobe is a perfect guy because he isn't but you would think Kobe forced Shaq out of LA with a gun based on the way some ppl talk.

Jesse2272
07-06-2013, 09:18 AM
Dwight left for the llulz

Teeboy1487
07-06-2013, 09:29 AM
Howard also said him and Stan Van Gundy got a long fine before he got him fired.

I'm just going by what Howard said in his interview after he joined the Rockets. He made it clear that the Rockets gave him the best chance to win and that's why he left. To put the blame on Kobe is asinine and baseless. The only thing Kobe did wrong was being old and injured. Same as with Gasol and Nash.

thesprite
07-06-2013, 09:41 AM
*Thank
*I
*Laker
*So

Actually, it should be Lakers and not Laker, Mr. Grammar Nazi. If I ask you which team you support, you won't answer Laker because we're talking about the team.

Corrected it for the llullz aka (or should I type a.k.a.) Grammar Nazi fail! (exclamation point is the proper punctuation mark, isn't it?)

On topic, while Kobe's pitch isn't the reason why Dwight was turned off during his meeting with the Lakers, it doesn't mean that Kobe himself isn't a factor in the decision. Good response from him though.

RaiderLakersA's
07-06-2013, 09:44 AM

Exactly this.

I have no ill will towards Dwight. He played most of the season at less than 100% and came into a situation that he wasn't either mentally prepared for, or mature enough to handle. I wish him the best in Houston against every other team except the Lakers...and maybe the Warriors.

The Kobe haters will blame Kobe, but the fact is Kobe was only showing Dwight a glimpse of the exact same environment that he came into and overcame. When Kobe first arrived he was mentally unprepared. His coach didn't like him, didn't want to play him. The franchise superstar of the team didn't like him, and even after the championship banners started adding up, that didn't change. His fellow players didn't always have his back. The system as a whole wasn't tailored to what Kobe did. Even after Kobe came into his own, the system was still structured in a way that forced Kobe to sacrifice elements of his game.

Kobe is no idiot. He surveyed the landscape and for once looked at the situation through someone else's eyes, in this case, Dwight's. He told Dwight what he would face, the madness that he would have to surmount, but unlike Kobe's indoctrination, Kobe told Dwight that he would have a mentor and a partner to help navigate the various perils and pitfalls. The message may not have been pre-softened or candy coated, but it was spot on: "Dwight, I've been where you're going as a Laker and I can help. Use me."

Dwight didn't want that. He said it himself: he wanted a team with other young players, so that they could grow, learn and perhaps succeed together. There's no harm in walking away. Part of being a man is knowing what you can and cannot handle.

But the truly great ones take a bad situation, impose their will and succeed. Those are the stories that we'll recount when we're old and gray. The truly legendary.

LakersIn5
07-06-2013, 10:53 AM

lol at your team for not winning enough rings

Yankeefan213
07-06-2013, 11:16 AM
Kobe goes for 50, 15 and 10 against Houston next year. Book it.

zn23
07-06-2013, 12:06 PM
He's probably secretly upset cause now there is no scape goat for when he jacks up a bunch of shots and the Lakers start losing.

Bruno
07-06-2013, 12:18 PM

shaqs an opportunist. his career was one example after another of leaving once things got tough.

GiantsSwaGG
07-06-2013, 12:23 PM
He does realize Gasol is soft right?

Wade n Fade
07-06-2013, 12:26 PM
This is great to see the Lakers and Celtics just enter rebuilding now. Dwight left the Lakers for good reasons. He was never 100% and forced to play injured because of Kobe being all over him. D'Antoni was a horrible hire. Lakers fans were hard on him and he knew he wasn't liked. He never really wanted the Lakers in the first place. Lakers have to amnesty Kobe and trade Gasol. People can hate on me all they want, but a true rebuild involves ousting the franchise player too. Look at the Celtics, did Ainge want to really give up KG and PP? No, he held onto them until as long as he could.

BigCityofDreams
07-06-2013, 12:28 PM
shaqs an opportunist. his career was one example after another of leaving once things got tough.

Shaq: I was a ring chaser I admit it.

Wade n Fade
07-06-2013, 12:35 PM

For me, Shaq is alright in my books after yrs on leaving Miami on a bad note. Shaq has a funny personality, helped Miami win in 06, etc. He did what we would do in his shoes. I don't like when people take the moral route when talking about athletes, but then would take the same route the athlete did in the first place.

6cadi6
07-06-2013, 12:36 PM
:superman: :k: Mamba

nyyfan4life
07-06-2013, 12:38 PM
Jodie Meeks' reaction to Dwight leaving LA: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/22661289/lakers-jodie-meeks-posts-photo-of-dwight-howard-as-a-girl

Somewhat funny. Jodie Meeks is a nobody though.

likemystylez
07-06-2013, 12:40 PM
Kobe goes for 50, 15 and 10 against Houston next year. Book it.

Unfortunately, he's going to have to do that basically against EVERY team next year for the lakers to have a chance of winning. (This is assuming that at 35 yrs old- he comes back early and at full strength from the surgery)

BigCityofDreams
07-06-2013, 12:40 PM
Yea that is a cheap shot from meeks.

Bruno
07-06-2013, 12:44 PM
For me, Shaq is alright in my books after yrs on leaving Miami on a bad note. Shaq has a funny personality, helped Miami win in 06, etc. He did what we would do in his shoes. I don't like when people take the moral route when talking about athletes, but then would take the same route the athlete did in the first place.

shaqs alright in my book too. i made peace when we retired his jersey.

i only bring it up when people say that kobe chases him out of town; it's an inaccurate statement. although I wouldn't have left LAL in 2004. Kobe was about to enter his peak and they could have landed a couple more titles together (so long as shaq was willing to take the back seat). Something he was willing to do for wade, but not kobe.

GiantsSwaGG
07-06-2013, 12:45 PM
If Jodi Meeks was a somebody I would of laughed alil

Bruno
07-06-2013, 12:46 PM
Shaq: I was a ring chaser I admit it.

x2. he wouldn't have had to chase anything if he showed maturity- something the 'older brother' is supposed to do. you woulda thought they were twins...

Wade n Fade
07-06-2013, 12:52 PM
shaqs alright in my book too. i made peace when we retired his jersey.

i only bring it up when people say that kobe chases him out of town; it's an inaccurate statement. although I wouldn't have left LAL in 2004. Kobe was about to enter his peak and they could have landed a couple more titles together (so long as shaq was willing to take the back seat). Something he was willing to do for wade, but not kobe.

Well, I guess it was after some sort of stuff in the locker room. Shaq always wanted to be the face of a franchise. It must have been Riley that got Shaq to settle down and take a back seat down here. I mean when Shaq came down here, we threw a parade for him. He didn't like Stan Van Gundy either. Egos are hard to manage. When someone can win multiple titles with a core of 2-3 superstars playing together, it is special because they can manage to hold egos together. Remember last yr in the Eastern Semis when Wade and Spo were arguing? Fast forward to today, defending back to back champs. Trading Shaq was a clear mistake on Kupchak's part. To make matters worse, trading Butler for Kwame Brown occurred too. It took a clean robbery (initially) to get Pau Gasol. Now, Marc Gasol has made the trade look less lobsided.

Bruno
07-06-2013, 12:56 PM
Well, I guess it was after some sort of stuff in the locker room. Shaq always wanted to be the face of a franchise. It must have been Riley that got Shaq to settle down and take a back seat down here. I mean when Shaq came down here, we threw a parade for him. He didn't like Stan Van Gundy either. Egos are hard to manage. When someone can win multiple titles with a core of 2-3 superstars playing together, it is special because they can manage to hold egos together. Remember last yr in the Eastern Semis when Wade and Spo were arguing? Fast forward to today, defending back to back champs. Trading Shaq was a clear mistake on Kupchak's part. To make matters worse, trading Butler for Kwame Brown occurred too. It took a clean robbery (initially) to get Pau Gasol. Now, Marc Gasol has made the trade look less lobsided.

i think you're spot on about riley and the trades you mention at the bottom. the sad thing is that shaq disrespected riley towards the end- if im not mistaken?

BigCityofDreams
07-06-2013, 12:58 PM
x2. he wouldn't have had to chase anything if he showed maturity- something the 'older brother' is supposed to do. you woulda thought they were twins...

Very well said Bruno.

ztilzer31
07-06-2013, 12:59 PM

According to Shaq's book Kobe was definitely part of the problem. Not all of it, but definitely some of it. No one on the team really liked Kobe. He wasn't a good leader, and he treated other players on the team like they were beneath him. This is talked about in both Phil's and Shaq's book.

Not to mention that was right after the Piston's series where Kobe single handedly blew the series by playing ****** defense, and chucking up like 14% from 3's. But I digress...

Everything that happened in that year period is a lot to hate Kobe. Him blowing the finals because he shot too much, and couldn't guard anyone (Piston's made him look like a fool). Then his inability to coexist with Shaq and make it work.....

Wade n Fade
07-06-2013, 01:00 PM
i think you're spot on about riley and the trades you mention at the bottom. the sad thing is that shaq disrespected riley towards the end- if im not mistaken?

Yes, he did. That's why we sent Shaq to Phoenix for Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks. We then dealt Marion and Banks to Toronto for Jamario Moon, Jermaine O'Neal, and a lotto protected first round pick. Jermaine O'Neal was a different story. Such a terrible post season with Miami. Shaq didn't want to play in Miami and threw a fit or two by avoiding to play games.

ztilzer31
07-06-2013, 01:01 PM
Honestly I think Shaq didn't want to be second fiddle to Kobe... He didn't mind Dwyane.... That tells you something about the dislike Shaq had for Kobe at the time.

BigCityofDreams
07-06-2013, 01:05 PM
Honestly I think Shaq didn't want to be second fiddle to Kobe... He didn't mind Dwyane.... That tells you something about the dislike Shaq had for Kobe at the time.

Shaq doesn't want to be second fiddle to anyone. Did ppl forget how he threw ORL under the bus after he left.

But I forgot Kobe is the devil my bad.

Jamiecballer
07-06-2013, 01:06 PM

definitely agree. sucks to be dragged through all of this but this is a good step forward for the lakers.

Bruno
07-06-2013, 02:05 PM

it tells you something about shaqs arrogance and sense of entitlement.

Bruno
07-06-2013, 02:05 PM
Yes, he did. That's why we sent Shaq to Phoenix for Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks. We then dealt Marion and Banks to Toronto for Jamario Moon, Jermaine O'Neal, and a lotto protected first round pick. Jermaine O'Neal was a different story. Such a terrible post season with Miami. Shaq didn't want to play in Miami and threw a fit or two by avoiding to play games.

right. :cheers:

Bruno
07-06-2013, 02:07 PM
According to Shaq's book Kobe was definitely part of the problem. Not all of it, but definitely some of it. No one on the team really liked Kobe. He wasn't a good leader, and he treated other players on the team like they were beneath him. This is talked about in both Phil's and Shaq's book.

Not to mention that was right after the Piston's series where Kobe single handedly blew the series by playing ****** defense, and chucking up like 14% from 3's. But I digress...

Everything that happened in that year period is a lot to hate Kobe. Him blowing the finals because he shot too much, and couldn't guard anyone (Piston's made him look like a fool). Then his inability to coexist with Shaq and make it work.....

of course they had problems. but that doesn't mean he was 'chased out of town'. its an over dramatic description.

one year does not define a players career.

shaq demanded 30 million dollars. they weren't going to pay him. thats why he was traded.

lakerboy
07-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Pau Gasol last night "unfollowed" Dwight, and then followed him again on Twitter.

LMAO

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/kobe-bryant-reacts-dwight-howard-decision-instagram-photo-031345242.html

Pau's such an awesome guy

ChitownBears22
07-06-2013, 04:07 PM
This will be a nice feud in the regular season, too bad the Lakers won't make the playoffs so who really cares. No one cares that Cleveland has beat Miami, because it has only happened in the regular season when it doesn't matter.

FOBolous
07-06-2013, 04:30 PM
He's probably secretly upset cause now there is no scape goat for when he jacks up a bunch of shots and the Lakers start losing.

No he still has gasol to blame. That's why he doesn't want the Lakers to trade or amnesty gasol cause once they do, he REALLY would have no one to blame

astonmartin10
07-06-2013, 04:54 PM
The Lakers are the Lakers they will be back on top soon time

kjoke
07-06-2013, 05:00 PM
Maybe..... it has to do with the fact that its Pau's birthday today....

KingstonHawke
07-06-2013, 05:06 PM
I think people forget how good Pau is when he's allowed to play the 5. A Lakers vs Rockets matchup in the post season is a real possibility.

BigCityofDreams
07-06-2013, 05:12 PM
No he still has gasol to blame. That's why he doesn't want the Lakers to trade or amnesty gasol cause once they do, he REALLY would have no one to blame

Why doesn't Kobe just commit suicide since he's such a bad guy?

ArmLaker
07-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Why does Kobe just commit suicide since he's such a bad guy?

Who else would garner so much hate from fans once Kobe is dead?

LAKERMANIA
07-06-2013, 06:24 PM
I find it sad that 9 years after the Kobe-Shaq split that people still don't know what happened...

RaiderLakersA's
07-06-2013, 06:35 PM
I think people forget how good Pau is when he's allowed to play the 5. A Lakers vs Rockets matchup in the post season is a real possibility.

We owe one of our rings to Pau and how well he played against Dwight's Magic in the Finals. But that was a different time and we had a better coach back then. The current coach wants to try to turn Pau into a 3 point shooting perimeter player. :D

Jenceman
07-06-2013, 06:48 PM
I find it sad that 9 years after the Kobe-Shaq split that people still don't know what happened...

What do you expect from these idiots? These fools in this thread likely werent even basketballs fans then

ztilzer31
07-06-2013, 06:50 PM
of course they had problems. but that doesn't mean he was 'chased out of town'. its an over dramatic description.

one year does not define a players career.

shaq demanded 30 million dollars. they weren't going to pay him. thats why he was traded.

Yet he signed with the Heat for 5 years 100 million. 10 million a year less than he was willing to sign with the Lakers.

Tells you something right there IMO. You can sugar coat it in whatever way you want, but Shaq did not want to play on the Lakers, and all signs point to Kobe as the reason. Dwyane Wade is an easier player to get a long with...

Not arguing that Shaq didn't have his part in it. He's got an ego just like Kobe's, but Kobe isn't affable. Players didn't like Kobe. Especially in his early days. His teammates, his coaches... Mainly because he's a ****ing sociopath.

Jenceman
07-06-2013, 06:52 PM
Yet he signed with the Heat for 5 years 100 million. 10 million a year less than he was willing to sign with the Lakers.

Tells you something right there IMO. You can sugar coat it in whatever way you want, but Shaq did not want to play on the Lakers, and all signs point to Kobe as the reason. Dwyane Wade is an easier player to get a long with...

Not arguing that Shaq didn't have his part in it. He's got an ego just like Kobe's, but Kobe isn't affable. Players didn't like Kobe. Especially in his early days. His teammates, his coaches... Mainly because he's a ****ing sociopath.

He signed for less because no one in their right mind gives a past prime Shaq 30 million EVERY YEAR

ramsizzle
07-06-2013, 06:52 PM

You're delusional... sociopath? Heat fans are truly the dumbest breed of human on heard.

ztilzer31
07-06-2013, 06:58 PM
You're delusional... sociopath? Heat fans are truly the dumbest breed of human on heard.

I'm not a Heat fan, and yes Kobe shows many signs of being a straight up sociopath. It would explain his fearlessness. His shady personal life, and selfish nature. Also his inability to relate and befriend just about any of his teammates, and his poor social skills.

I bet you if you had Kobe take a Psych test he would show many signs of someone with social disorders.

LAKERMANIA
07-06-2013, 07:41 PM
I'm not a Heat fan, and yes Kobe shows many signs of being a straight up sociopath. It would explain his fearlessness. His shady personal life, and selfish nature. Also his inability to relate and befriend just about any of his teammates, and his poor social skills.

I bet you if you had Kobe take a Psych test he would show many signs of someone with social disorders.

Dude just stop posting you're embarrassing yourself

Chronz
07-06-2013, 07:48 PM

Kobe may not have run Shaq out, but he certainly made no effort to keep him around. He had to know the power he wielded during FA, he was certainly demanding alot from the Clippers to sign there. If he had said the word, I want Phil or Shaq then Im sure the Lakers would have given the group another go.

In the ensuing fall out, lots of facts got juggled so its hard to say for sure whos most responsible for the break up but I will say, it was prolly for the best of the rest of the league. Those 2 on the same page were scary, then again, whos to say Shaq gets motivated without the sleight ? The only for sure positive outcome for LA would have been that Karl Malone remained a Laker, but Shaq was the reason he came.

Chronz
07-06-2013, 07:51 PM
Dude just stop posting you're embarrassing yourself
Hasn't Kobe referred to himself as the "anti-social"?

He didn't mean it the way he said it, he used the wrong word in jest but could also have been abit of a freudian slip. He was a very strange kid, perverted adult/squealer. IIRC he has been accused of faking everything from injuries to free style verses.

LAKERMANIA
07-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Hasn't Kobe referred to himself as the "anti-social"?

He didn't mean it the way he said it, he used the wrong word in jest but could also have been abit of a freudian slip. He was a very strange kid, perverted adult/squealer. IIRC he has been accused of faking everything from injuries to free style verses.
So being anti-social makes you a sociopath?

Bruno
07-06-2013, 08:29 PM

yeah it does. he came to his sense and got his ego in check. that was of course, after he had his temper-tantrum. it took riley to lock him up and that didn't even last long; he left miami on horrible terms.

FriedTofuz
07-06-2013, 08:31 PM
LOL at people correcting spelling and capitalization ( lol really?), I can understand if someones grammar is incomprehensible, but correcting something as unimportant such as capitalization just proves how pathetic one will be in order to boost their own self esteem.

Howard would've had a better chance to win with the lakers in the long run, he wont win a ship in houston/

Bruno
07-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Kobe may not have run Shaq out, but he certainly made no effort to keep him around. He had to know the power he wielded during FA, he was certainly demanding alot from the Clippers to sign there. If he had said the word, I want Phil or Shaq then Im sure the Lakers would have given the group another go.

In the ensuing fall out, lots of facts got juggled so its hard to say for sure whos most responsible for the break up but I will say, it was prolly for the best of the rest of the league. Those 2 on the same page were scary, then again, whos to say Shaq gets motivated without the sleight ? The only for sure positive outcome for LA would have been that Karl Malone remained a Laker, but Shaq was the reason he came.

so i guess dwightmare II wasn't the first example of the Lakers organization taking the mind set, "if you don't want to be here and have to be convinced, maybe we don't really want you here either". :)

Silent
07-06-2013, 08:50 PM
LOL at people correcting spelling and capitalization ( lol really?), I can understand if someones grammar is incomprehensible, but correcting something as unimportant such as capitalization just proves how pathetic one will be in order to boost their own self esteem.

Howard would've had a better chance to win with the lakers in the long run, he wont win a ship in houston/

Lol

lakerboy
07-06-2013, 08:53 PM

This guy is just trolling. Let's see you guys get nowhere with Dwight for the next 5 years. It'll be another Yao Ming.

bucketss
07-06-2013, 08:59 PM

remove your sig already dude :laugh:

nykobe24
07-06-2013, 09:01 PM
You have FOBOlous and alexander_37 two Houston fans as the biggest trolls on this website. I hope you guys still troll when Dwight's doesn't get you guys any rings 4 years from now.

MaloDaw9
07-06-2013, 10:03 PM
This guy is just trolling. Let's see you guys get nowhere with Dwight for the next 5 years. It'll be another Yao Ming.

Exactly, with that bad ****ing back he'll need a brace just to stand up in 2 years.
At least Ming could hit a free throw and had a couple moves. Dwight's a turnover machine with no heart.

FOBolous
07-06-2013, 10:13 PM
You have FOBOlous and alexander_37 two Houston fans as the biggest trolls on this website. I hope you guys still troll when Dwight's doesn't get you guys any rings 4 years from now.

i'll laugh in 2014 when the lakers doesn't get either Lebron OR melo cause they don't want to leave their contending team for a rebuilding team with a broken Kobe and over the hill Nash.

lakerboy
07-06-2013, 10:28 PM
i'll laugh in 2014 when the lakers doesn't get either Lebron OR melo cause they don't want to leave their contending team for a rebuilding team with a broken Kobe and over the hill Nash.

LOL that's fine. We'll get Wiggins.

MaloDaw9
07-06-2013, 10:29 PM
Why don't you start laughing now and don't stop until 2014? Now that's something to type about!

beliges
07-06-2013, 11:31 PM
Kobe didn't run shaq out of town. Buss decided to choose kobe over shaq and that was a move that worked out well for the team. As for dwight, don't think his decision had anything to do with kobe. I just don't think dwight felt comfortable on the lakers getting constantly criticized for his shortcomings. Its not easy being a premier player on the lakers. I don't think dwight wanted to deal with that pressure for the restvof his career. On the rox he will help take the team to the 2nd or 3rd round and be beloved by tge fans.

TorontoHuskies
07-07-2013, 02:58 AM
Son, stop swallowing Kobe's kids. Obviously harden is better than Kobe right now because Kobe is coming off an injury, but before he got hurt Kobe was playing better ball than harden, so once Kobe comes back I expect him to be better than Harden again.

Harden's team was ***** compared to Lakers talent-wise and he was putting up similar numbers to Kobe...Watch how good Harden will be now with howard getting doubled all gm. Lakers are all washed up, Kobe is probably gonna have his worst season yet next year (the points might still be there but he's going have to chuck harder than he ever has to keep them up)

The goods
07-07-2013, 03:15 AM
I love Kobe's competitiveness the league has gotten to buddy buddy. If you ain't with us then **** you.

The goods
07-07-2013, 03:18 AM

That's exactly what people said about the Heat a few years, how'd that turn out?

goku
07-07-2013, 04:00 AM
That's exactly what people said about the Heat a few years, how'd that turn out?

yea but the heat had wade who still was in his prime

LBJ6
07-07-2013, 04:48 AM
I thought Kobe was not a factor, then you said old, therefore he's one of the factor.

Krizzle88
07-07-2013, 04:51 AM
Wow! Why isn't this on the cover of CNN yet? Kolby Brient is goat

Who is Kolby Brient? a reporter?

thesprite
07-07-2013, 06:55 AM
Who is Kolby Brient? a reporter?

I'm pretty sure he's playing dumb/sarcastic/mocking/whatever.

thesprite
07-07-2013, 06:58 AM
I'm actually imagining the Lakers doing Hack-a-Howard using their rookie to foul. And Kobe, and MDA, laughing so hard for every miss. Mind games. Anticipating their match-up now.

thesprite
07-07-2013, 07:04 AM
.. and this article woudn't help :D all Dwight needs is unconditional love. Awwww.:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--rockets-give-dwight-howard-what-lakers--kobe-wouldn-t--unconditional-love-061137592.html

ldawg
07-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Howard can be part of a winning team but not as its best player. Harden will be the closer not Howard. I really dont think Howard realize how his dreadful free throws can hurt a team. This was his main gripe in Orlando he wanted more post plays and wanted the ball at the end of games. He also want to have a say on who the team signs even if they were not good fit he would be angry when the team did not comply. This will follow Howard to Houston. They have three years to get it right and suck up to him or he will pack his Diva bags and leave. The dwightmare has not ended just to be continued. However Houston is the best fit for Howard they have a team like the one he had in Orlando. They are young and if healthy can grow together. They have the closer in Harden, Shooters and the best center. One injury However and that team is doomed It will depend on who else they sign. What will be interesting is seeing if Howard can win a title.

D-Leethal
07-07-2013, 11:14 AM

lol, nobody said that about the Heat, Wade was a top 3 player at the time and wasn't a raging polarizing *** hole.

BigCityofDreams
07-07-2013, 01:31 PM
Who else would garner so much hate from fans once Kobe is dead?

They would still hate KB. Just call him a loser for taking his life.

"Jordan never killed himself"

BigCityofDreams
07-07-2013, 01:34 PM

That's because it doesn't fit into their belief that Kobe is the ultimate bad teammate.

beliges
07-07-2013, 01:38 PM
.. and this article woudn't help :D all Dwight needs is unconditional love. Awwww.:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--rockets-give-dwight-howard-what-lakers--kobe-wouldn-t--unconditional-love-061137592.html

I always felt dwight and kobes personalities are just too opposite. Kobe is all about hard work, preparation and championships while dwight just isn't. Its a shame kobe and kg never played together. Probably the only other player in the league that matches kobes passion. At the end of the day dwight seemingly didn't want the pressure playing for the lakers and kobe demands. I really can't blame him either. Some people have that desire to become all timers while others, like dwight, simply do not. Im sure rockets fans will love him regardless of what success he has there.

beliges
07-07-2013, 01:40 PM

That's because it doesn't fit into their belief that Kobe is the ultimate bad teammate.

Not sure how kobe was a bad teammate to dwight? I feel like people just say anything they want without having any knowledge on the issue.

BigCityofDreams
07-07-2013, 01:41 PM
I always felt dwight and kobes personalities are just too opposite. Kobe is all about hard work, preparation and championships while dwight just isn't. Its a shame kobe and kg never played together. Probably the only other player in the league that matches kobes passion. At the end of the day dwight seemingly didn't want the pressure playing for the lakers and kobe demands. I really can't blame him either. Some people have that desire to become all timers while others, like dwight, simply do not. Im sure rockets fans will love him regardless of what success he has there.

That would have been great to see to tell you the truth. Both guys pushing their teammates to do better and they would also push each other.

BigCityofDreams
07-07-2013, 01:49 PM
Not sure how kobe was a bad teammate to dwight? I feel like people just say anything they want without having any knowledge on the issue.

It all stems from the Shaq feud and how both men are perceived. Kobe is seen as the hard *** too serious anti social bad guy that never lets up no matter what. Shaq until recently was always viewed as the fun loving kid that everyone what to be around. It wasn't until the last few yrs that ppl have seen how immature and petty Shaq can be. No matter what happens or what article is written KB will always been labeled a player no one wants to play with.

For a lot of ppl Kobe/Dwight is just Shaq/Kobe part 2.

beliges
07-07-2013, 01:57 PM

It all stems from the Shaq feud and how both men are perceived. Kobe is seen as the hard *** too serious anti social bad guy that never lets up no matter what. Shaq until recently was always viewed as the fun loving kid that everyone what to be around. It wasn't until the last few yrs that ppl have seen how immature and petty Shaq can be. No matter what happens or what article is written KB will always been labeled a player no one wants to play with.

For a lot of ppl Kobe/Dwight is just Shaq/Kobe part 2.

I think most people are much less biased toward kobe and there are a few people that still hate kobes success that keep this thought that nobody wants to play with kobe. Truth of the matter is that dwight is the only significant player that has left kobe and the lakers and I think that has more to do with Dwights inability to live upto peoples expectations on the lakers than it did with kobe.

shep33
07-07-2013, 02:05 PM
Great article by Woj. Dwight was a clown in LA since day 1

ldawg
07-07-2013, 05:42 PM
I think its a little difference Wade understood he needed help and bent over, welcome the help and even hand the Keys to Lebron. Kobe help ran off the help, tell him its my team you can have it when i am done, you dont know what you are doing let me show you how its done then ill give you the keys. 17 years in the NBA you would think Kobe would have grown pass that and being a leader deal with different personalities. Got to know how to motivate them. Howard is not the type to show out he is a bit sensitive and need his ego stroke and Kobe did not do that he was to honest. Kobe first step is he need to respect others and stop thinking he is above them. When another superstar join you dont tell them its your team say its our team. Wade and Lebron interviewed together talk outside the game respect each other. Far different then i am the boss.

ldawg
07-07-2013, 05:47 PM
Kobe old school

Jenceman
07-07-2013, 05:56 PM
Nobody here is gonna read the woj article. It doesn't fit their agenda of its all Kobes fault

sammyvine
07-07-2013, 06:01 PM
im not buying its kobes fault

i just dont think he ever wanted to be in LA

BigCityofDreams
07-07-2013, 06:28 PM
Nobody here is gonna read the woj article. It doesn't fit their agenda of its all Kobes fault

Pretty much