PDA

View Full Version : Asik says he does not wish to play with Howard, possible sign n trade with LA

spreadeagle
07-05-2013, 11:04 PM
Not everyone with the Rockets is pleased Dwight Howard has agreed to sign with Houston.

Brian Windhorst of ESPN:
Rockets center Omer Asik has no interest in backing up or playing next Dwight Howard, according to sources. Could force trade.
How does Los Angeles sound, Omer?

Because the Rockets don’t have the cap space to sign Howard, they must make other moves before officially signing him (unless he’s willing to take less money). That could mean using Asik in a sign-and-trade with the Lakers.

That’s not the only option, though.

Ken Berger of CBSSports.com:

Ken Berger @KBergCBS

Once deal is finalized with Howard and Houston, Asik could be sent to Atlanta in sign-and-trade for Josh Smith. Dallas also pushing.
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=41

ManRam
07-05-2013, 11:05 PM
Houston shouldn't want him there either.

Get a PF or PG.

Anderson or Smoove would be HUGE

Vinny642
07-05-2013, 11:06 PM
Get Smooth I would rather keep Ryno

OceanSpray
07-05-2013, 11:08 PM
If they get Josh Smith, that would be insane. Chandler Parsons/Smith/Harden/Howard? Goddamn, easily the top 3 team in West.

ManRam
07-05-2013, 11:12 PM
Nah, Anderson is the MUCH better choice IMO.

Avenged
07-05-2013, 11:13 PM
ew, no.

kdspurman
07-05-2013, 11:14 PM
Nah, Anderson is the MUCH better choice IMO.

Yup... Gotta space the floor for Dwight. Josh Smith would be good for highlights and lob city 2 or what not. But basketball wise, easily Anderson.

knicksfan1969
07-05-2013, 11:24 PM
Josh Smith is a stoooooopid BB player.

Imagine him and D12 missing 20 FT per night .... LOL.

Tony_Starks
07-05-2013, 11:27 PM
ew, no.

+ 1

Asik? We talkin bout Asik? No thanks.

*Superman*
07-05-2013, 11:28 PM
ew, no.

Who's going to get Kobe's rebounds.... :D

shep33
07-05-2013, 11:29 PM
Smith sucks.

Also, no chance the Lakers take back Asik

ldawg
07-05-2013, 11:29 PM
I hope they go with Smith

FOBolous
07-05-2013, 11:30 PM
what's wrong with Asik? He's young, averages 10/10/3, and only makes $8mil/year

mjt20mik
07-05-2013, 11:31 PM
what's wrong with Asik? He's young, averages 10/10/3, and only makes $8mil/year

Your sig kills me

WhiteSoxGod
07-05-2013, 11:33 PM
LOL yeah it's funny how people think Asik is garbage. Teams are excited about getting this guy, especially at $8 mil per year. Rockets will have their choice of suitors. Anderson is a great option, young and good 3-point shooter.

knicksfan1969
07-05-2013, 11:34 PM
Send Asik to NY, he already better than Chandler. His size and rugged play would be welcomed.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-05-2013, 11:35 PM
Yea I don't understand the hate asik gets either

shep33
07-05-2013, 11:36 PM
Asik is good, it's just that his contract is kinda rough

Jenceman
07-05-2013, 11:41 PM
Absolute huge **** no to Asik

Jenceman
07-05-2013, 11:42 PM
And its not about him being a bad player, his contract is just rough

KB24PG16
07-05-2013, 11:43 PM
rockets should keep him they need a bench if they want to be legit contenders. dumping lin/asik and having harden/howard with parsons wont get that far in the west

jp611
07-05-2013, 11:44 PM

It's 8 million per... In a world where Bogut is making 15 per, that's a very good deal

Seriously, centers get paid

Jenceman
07-05-2013, 11:46 PM
It's 8 million per... In a world where Bogut is making 15 per, that's a very good deal

I know, but stars win in this league. The Lakers want to wait to see if they can sign some superstars with all their cap space in the next two years.

LakersIn5
07-05-2013, 11:53 PM
If they get Josh Smith, that would be insane. Chandler Parsons/Smith/Harden/Howard? Goddamn, easily the top 3 team in West.

kobe, dwight,gasol,nash was supposed to be a top 3 team in the west last season, look what happened.

FOBolous
07-05-2013, 11:53 PM

uhhh....$8mil is a bargain for a player like Asik. Asik is better and make less than Emeka Okafor, Tyson Chandler, Andrew Bogut, Nene Hilario, Carlos Boozer, Kris Humphries, Mehmet Okur, DeAndre Jordan, JaVale McGee, Andris Biedrins, and Jeff Green.

FOBolous
07-05-2013, 11:54 PM
kobe, dwight,gasol,nash was supposed to be a top 3 team in the west last season, look what happened.

injuries, a thin bench, and bad chemistry did the Lakers in.

venom518
07-05-2013, 11:54 PM

Its the structure of the deal that's rough. Asik isnt making 8mil per. He singed a back loaded contract just like Lin where he is due 15mil in the final year of the contract.

shep33
07-05-2013, 11:55 PM
injuries, a thin bench, and bad chemistry did the Lakers in.

Houston has no bench right now, i expect that to change soon though.

Chronz
07-05-2013, 11:57 PM

In what ways?

FOBolous
07-05-2013, 11:59 PM
Houston has no bench right now, i expect that to change soon though.

I hope the Rockets bring Delfino and Garcia back. loved both of those guys last year.

UnWantedTheory
07-06-2013, 12:04 AM
Its the structure of the deal that's rough. Asik isnt making 8mil per. He singed a back loaded contract just like Lin where he is due 15mil in the final year of the contract.

Not all 15 Milli actually effect the cap. Only the 8 milli does.

Tanakid777
07-06-2013, 12:12 AM
Would love to see Dallas grab him up

Tony_Starks
07-06-2013, 12:19 AM
uhhh....$8mil is a bargain for a player like Asik. Asik is better and make less than Emeka Okafor, Tyson Chandler, Andrew Bogut, Nene Hilario, Carlos Boozer, Kris Humphries, Mehmet Okur, DeAndre Jordan, JaVale McGee, Andris Biedrins, and Jeff Green.

Being better than Okafor, Humphries, and Okur is not exactly something to be proud of.

And btw some of those players you mentioned aren't even Centers, how can you compare different positions?

KniCks4LiFe
07-06-2013, 12:21 AM
LOLS Bye Asik :laugh2:

LJEATON26
07-06-2013, 12:37 AM
I'll take Asik on the thunder is a heartbeat. He would be the perfect center for the Thunder.

ThunderousDemon
07-06-2013, 12:45 AM
ugh, no thanks

TheNumber37
07-06-2013, 12:47 AM
Asik for Jeff Green

How crazy IS danny Ainge.

KniCks4LiFe
07-06-2013, 12:48 AM
Asik for Jeff Green

How crazy IS danny Ainge.

Parsons and Lin for Green could happen. Never know.

Jenceman
07-06-2013, 12:53 AM
Jesus people l, Asiks contract is rough because the Lakers want all that cap space, not 8 million for a guy who wont help them attract FAs

rockets-fan
07-06-2013, 12:54 AM

No way, I think they want Anderson, LMA, Smith, or just roll with Jones or Montejunas.

OceanSpray
07-06-2013, 12:55 AM

Well, age was the reason why LaL weren't very good. Young Harden, Parsons, a young roster? They can be dangerous.

JeffG20
07-06-2013, 01:02 AM
Jesus people l, Asiks contract is rough because the Lakers want all that cap space, not 8 million for a guy who wont help them attract FAs

the Lakers sell themselves, what does having asik or not have anything to do with attracting FA's?

KniCks4LiFe
07-06-2013, 01:02 AM
No way, I think they want Anderson, LMA, Smith, or just roll with Jones or Montejunas.

If Boston calls you and offers

Green and Rondo

for

Lin/Parsons/Asik

do you do it?

Saddletramp
07-06-2013, 01:04 AM

Ainge would jump through a flaming hoop for that deal.

WhiteSoxGod
07-06-2013, 01:06 AM
If Boston calls you and offers

Green and Rondo

for

Lin/Parsons/Asik

do you do it?

No Parsons is untouchable. Too good, too young, and too cheap.

KniCks4LiFe
07-06-2013, 01:07 AM
Ainge would jump through a flaming hoop for that deal.

does Houston do it? They are in position to do it, potential position to make this team

Rondo
Harden
Green
Bass
Howard

while Boston rebuilds

Lin
Bradley
Parsons
Jones
Asik

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mvlkofb

KniCks4LiFe
07-06-2013, 01:08 AM
No Parsons is untouchable. Too good, too young, and too cheap.

Jeff Green and Rajon Rondo w/ Dwight and Harden. No?

WhiteSoxGod
07-06-2013, 01:13 AM

Nope Parsons won't go anywhere, it just won't happen. Rockets love him and the fact he is only making $890,000

WhiteSoxGod
07-06-2013, 01:15 AM

No offense but that's a horrible trade. Parsons and Greg Smith are good cheap assets. Jones has a ton of upside. There's no way we strap ourselves with all that salary while sending out all of our young assets.

KniCks4LiFe
07-06-2013, 01:16 AM
Nope Parsons won't go anywhere, it just won't happen. Rockets love him and the fact he is only making $890,000

So they would say no to keep Parson?

They wouldn't this line up

PG Rondo
SG Harden
SF Green
PF Bass
C Howard

in a playoff series, they'd rather have

PG Lin or Beverley
SG Harden
SF Parsons
PF ???
C Howard

:eyebrow:

KniCks4LiFe
07-06-2013, 01:17 AM
No offense but that's a horrible trade. Parsons and Greg Smith are good cheap assets. Jones has a ton of upside. There's no way we strap ourselves with all that salary while sending out all of our young assets.

You think you'd get Rondo and Green for nothing?

It's just a suggestion anyway.

rockets-fan
07-06-2013, 01:21 AM
I know this might seem like Parsons is overrated but he is not going anywhere! He's a Stud!!!

Saddletramp
07-06-2013, 01:25 AM
does Houston do it? They are in position to do it

No. No they don't.

KniCks4LiFe
07-06-2013, 01:26 AM
I know this might seem like Parsons is overrated but he is not going anywhere! He's a Stud!!!

No you don't get it. I know Parsons is a stud. But to get something you have to give something.

Rondo in his young career is a great playoff player. He's a franchise PG. Jeff Green is the perfect Robin wing player for any team. You're talking about a player who in the playoffs dropped 20/5/2.

I mean it's not like that's a black ball deal. TJones is athletic and a stud and Asik would be the big piece at C, but again, replaceable. You still have Monty, you still have White. IDK seems fair to me. Don't forget Lin and Asik have that poison pill so you'd have to add talent to take that off Houston's hands.

No. No they don't.

ok just a suggestion.

FOBolous
07-06-2013, 01:27 AM

Rondo and Harden won't fit for the same reason why Lin and Harden doesn't fit. Rondo's also a bad fit with Dwight Howard cause he cant shoot the 3 and spread the floor.

rockets-fan
07-06-2013, 01:29 AM
Is Asik for Green straight up possible? He's a PF right? A stretch PF.

KniCks4LiFe
07-06-2013, 01:30 AM
Rondo and Harden won't fit for the same reason why Lin and Harden doesn't fit. Rondo's also a bad fit with Dwight Howard cause he cant shoot the 3 and spread the floor.

Beverley can? :laugh2:

elledaddy
07-06-2013, 01:31 AM
Not all 15 Milli actually effect the cap. Only the 8 milli does.

You have it backwards. He gets paid 5 mill this yr than 15 mill next yr, he only counts 8 mill towards houston cap.Any other team he would count 5 this yr then 15 next.

KniCks4LiFe
07-06-2013, 01:31 AM
Is Asik for Green straight up possible? He's a PF right? A stretch PF.

You have a poison pill at the end of that contract. Keep going. I wouldn't.

FOBolous
07-06-2013, 01:32 AM
Beverley can? :laugh2:

never said Beverley can. Lin can though.

rockets-fan
07-06-2013, 01:32 AM
You have a poison pill at the end of that contract. Keep going. I wouldn't.

Just asking lol

Saddletramp
07-06-2013, 01:37 AM
Beverley can hit the three. And from what I understand, it's 8.3/8.3/8.3 against the cap. I'm sure if it works out as 5/5/15 as far as paying the actual salary, then Houston could pay the difference if it's an issue.

KniCks4LiFe
07-06-2013, 01:38 AM
Just asking lol

No it's cool. But honestly I don't see them taking a poison pill w/o adding a young promising player.

That's why when I gave that scenerio.

Asik/Lin/Parsons/Jones to Boston I acccounted for this.

Asik poison pill #1 Parsons accounts for it, Lin poison pill #2, Jones accounts for it and they may throw in Smith too if they send Bass w/ Rondo and Green. Simply put b/c if you have Bass and Dwight, there won't be much development on the Roxs. You're a championship contender w/ Rondo/Harden/Green/Dwight

never said Beverley can. Lin can though.

Tell Roxs fans you can have Lin or Rondo, which one do you think they'd rather pick?

KniCks4LiFe
07-06-2013, 01:40 AM
Beverley can hit the three. And from what I understand, it's 8.3/8.3/8.3 against the cap. I'm sure if it works out as 5/5/15 as far as paying the actual salary, then Houston could pay the difference if it's an issue.

Beverley is an ok role player. He's like a poor man's Eric Bledsoe, and defends as good as Teague and Bradley. But he's not a player you build to be a contender around.

Saddletramp
07-06-2013, 01:41 AM
Beverley is an ok role player. He's like a poor man's Eric Bledsoe, and defends as good as Teague and Bradley. But he's not a player you build to be a contender around.

Right. That's James Harden. And Dwight Howard.

rockets-fan
07-06-2013, 01:41 AM
Rondo is better than Lin IMO, by far, but Lin is a bit better with Harden than Rondo would be. So idk, I would be happy I'd Morey got rondo though not gunna lie.

KniCks4LiFe
07-06-2013, 01:45 AM
I also have to add. If the Roxs deal Parsons/Lin/Asik/Jones for Rondo and Green and Bass.

Do people not realize, if it doesn't work out, what those players can get Morey?

The Rockets either get somewhere w/ this group or they trade them for multiple pieces. See b/c if you have Rondo, then CP3 is possible or whatever other PG you want. Jeff Green is one best SF in the game. He still has value too.

FOBolous
07-06-2013, 01:49 AM
Tell Roxs fans you can have Lin or Rondo, which one do you think they'd rather pick?

Rondo's the better player. Lin's the better fit. i honestly don't want Rondo. dude's uncoachable, slacks off, self-fish, and has a bad attitude. Houston's already got one diva (Dwight Howard), we don't need another one.

WhiteSoxGod
07-06-2013, 01:51 AM
You have it backwards. He gets paid 5 mill this yr than 15 mill next yr, he only counts 8 mill towards houston cap.Any other team he would count 5 this yr then 15 next.

No not true, I thought the same thing until; I went back and read the NEW CBA. In the new CBA a player's cap hit transfers to his new team. So if a team traded for Asik they would have an $8.3 million dollar cap hit just as the Rockets have.

jp611
07-06-2013, 01:52 AM

The cap hit is 8 million

jp611
07-06-2013, 01:57 AM

Wrong. You have it backwards.

That only applied to the Bulls... When the Bulls declined to match the offer for Asik his cap hit became 8.3/8.3/8.3... He's paid 5/5/15, but the cap hit is 8.3 every season.

When he became a member of the Rockets, that's what his cap hit became... If he's traded, it stays the same

mawbsta
07-06-2013, 01:59 AM

Anyone who puts Chandler Parsons in a "top 3 team in west" scenario is dreaming. Good kid. Nobody banking on him.

Food for thought - If Nash, Kobe, Artest, Gasol, Howard didn't work, nobody should be so overly convinced it works in Houston. Swap Howard for Asik on last years Rockets and they still finish 3rd in the Southwest division, but jump to 6th rather than 8th seed.

They beat Denver, but lose to San Antonio.

Stop kidding yourself.

KniCks4LiFe
07-06-2013, 02:03 AM
Anyone who puts Chandler Parsons in a "top 3 team in west" scenario is dreaming. Good kid. Nobody banking on him.

Food for thought - If Nash, Kobe, Artest, Gasol, Howard didn't work, nobody should be so overly convinced it works in Houston. Swap Howard for Asik on last years Rockets and they still finish 3rd in the Southwest division, but jump to 6th rather than 8th seed.

Stop kidding yourself.

exactly.

That's why adding a Rondo and Green would be the dream scenerio for Morey. They stay young, while being a contender in the West.

Denverbronco007
07-06-2013, 02:05 AM
next year is going to be great. Can't wait for the drama to unfold..

jp611
07-06-2013, 02:06 AM
You guys are really selling Parsons short here

FOBolous
07-06-2013, 02:07 AM

Stop kidding yourself.

Nash, Kobe, Artest, Gasol, Howard didn't work cause they were old and broken while Houston's player are young, talented and improving. Houston actually were in the top 5 in many statistical categories last year but ultimately finished 8th due to youth and inexperience. it was also due to the fact that Houston relied HEAVILY on the 3 (which comes and goes) if they couldn't get a fast break point because Houston did not have a big man who could hold his own stabilizing the offense. it's not that far-fetched to think Houston will be A LOT better next year as Houston's young players grow older and more experienced...especially with Howard stabilizing the offense by giving Houston an option in the paint.

If Morey is smart, which he is, he will keep Houston's core together as much as he can and allow the core to grow and mature while adding good role players. Houston don't need a big shake up.

and many people, including experts, think it will work in Houston because Houston's players FIT Howard better than LA's players.

OceanSpray
07-06-2013, 02:24 AM

Stop kidding yourself.

Buddy, West is weaker now than last year. Stop kidding yourself, you are the joker.

Dwight wasn't 100% last year. And for the idiot saying Rondo will fit with Harden, how dumb can you be? Harden needs the ball to be effective and can draw attention. Down the line, Rondo+Dwight's free throws are going to be a huge liability. Do you not understand basketball? It's not always about putting star players together.

c.c.
07-06-2013, 02:39 AM
Wow I'm surprised Asik feels this way, Dwight wanted to play with him. He seems angry, well at least the Rockets got him that nice contract

sunsfan88
07-06-2013, 03:46 AM

In what ways?

What are the Lakers saving up cap space for 2014 for? Do they actually think their gonna get LeBron or Melo to come play for them? LOL! Dwight just leaving them and Kobe being old as dirt is probably not gonna attract much stars for them.

I'm not saying they should waste their cap space but if you have a chance to get a good center on a good contract you do it instead of holding out hope to get LeBron or Melo. And then whose left? Bosh, Dirk, Wade, Amare....Wade is obviously gonna resign with Miami if he opts out and I'm gonna take a wild guess that LAL doesn't really want the aging Bosh, Dirk or Amare...yea.

Deng and Granger are also FAs but both are role players...and the Lakers need a star....

There are some good restricted FAs but chances are that their teams will match any offers for all those players.

FOBolous
07-06-2013, 03:55 AM
What are the Lakers saving up cap space for 2014 for? Do they actually think their gonna get LeBron or Melo to come play for them? LOL! Dwight just leaving them and Kobe being old as dirt is probably not gonna attract much stars for them.

I'm not saying they should waste their cap space but if you have a chance to get a good center on a good contract you do it instead of holding out hope to get LeBron or Melo. And then whose left? Bosh, Dirk, Wade, Amare....Wade is obviously gonna resign with Miami if he opts out and I'm gonna take a wild guess that LAL doesn't really want the aging Bosh, Dirk or Amare...yea.

Deng and Granger are also FAs but both are role players...and the Lakers need a star....

There are some good restricted FAs but chances are that their teams will match any offers for all those players.

they think all these stars on championship contending teams will leave those teams to come to a rebuilding Lakers just because....well they're the Lakers :laugh2:

IndyRealist
07-06-2013, 07:03 AM
What does this have to do with the Lakers, at all, except that the writer suggested it? Teams are already offering trades for Asik. Yesterday it broke that Dwight was going to Houston, and the talk was STILL that the Lakers might trade him to Golden State, and how they could get Barnes even though they have ZERO leverage. Utterly ridiculous how desperate the media is to get LA -something-.

Badluck33
07-06-2013, 07:16 AM
Smith sucks.

Also, no chance the Lakers take back Asik

who is the Lakers starting Center next year???

NBA-GMaster
07-06-2013, 08:01 AM
Goodbye Asik!! Its either Josh Smith or Ryan Anderson will surely be a Rockets..
Its obvious that Josh Smith is superior in any category than Ryan Anderson except shooting.. But Ryan Anderson fits well with Dwight Howard..
Morey and Dwight should talked about this situation for whom they want to sign..
:cheers:

Stunner
07-06-2013, 08:19 AM
Hornets not interested in Asik http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

mgsports
07-06-2013, 08:31 AM
ESPN Trade Machine doesn't have up to date Rosters but Amare S. to the Rockets because doesn't want to come off the Bench,Hedo to the Knicks need a SF because Anthony likes being a PF and Lin/Asik to the Magic bcause need a future PG and another C/PF.

ldawg
07-06-2013, 08:31 AM
Nash, Kobe, Artest, Gasol, Howard didn't work cause they were old and broken while Houston's player are young, talented and improving. Houston actually were in the top 5 in many statistical categories last year but ultimately finished 8th due to youth and inexperience. it was also due to the fact that Houston relied HEAVILY on the 3 (which comes and goes) if they couldn't get a fast break point because Houston did not have a big man who could hold his own stabilizing the offense. it's not that far-fetched to think Houston will be A LOT better next year as Houston's young players grow older and more experienced...especially with Howard stabilizing the offense by giving Houston an option in the paint.

If Morey is smart, which he is, he will keep Houston's core together as much as he can and allow the core to grow and mature while adding good role players. Houston don't need a big shake up.

and many people, including experts, think it will work in Houston because Houston's players FIT Howard better than LA's players.i will bet you as is Houston wont win a chip in 4 years. The only way they win is if they add some vets and get much deeper. Even with josh smith the rim dont have enough loose nails for both of them.

Highlanderlaker
07-06-2013, 08:34 AM
The rockets need to stay away from josh smith they would get cool highlights but on offense jsmoove just gonna sit there and chuck threes like he steph curry and down the stretch they can't give him or d12 the ball cause neither could hit a pair of free throws to save their lives. They need Ryan Anderson.

Munkeysuit
07-06-2013, 08:49 AM
I honestly don't blame him, dude doesn't want to be another Gortat

ldawg
07-06-2013, 08:50 AM
I applaud Houston two years ago they were nothing, got desperate over paid Lin, got Lucky OkC saw a need to trade Harden which in turn landed them free agent Howard who was hell bent on going there in a trade from Orlando. What will be more funny that no one talked About is how does this affect OKC chances.

ldawg
07-06-2013, 08:53 AM
Will Harden Rockets knock okc out the playoffs?

Munkeysuit
07-06-2013, 08:54 AM
I applaud Houston two years ago they were nothing, got desperate over paid Lin, got Lucky OkC saw a need to trade Harden which in turn landed them free agent Howard who was hell bent on going there in a trade from Orlando. What will be more funny that no one talked About is how does this affect OKC chances.
What if Asik heads on over to OKC? uh ooohhh's

ldawg
07-06-2013, 08:56 AM
What if Asik heads on over to OKC? uh ooohhh'sThat would be great

Munkeysuit
07-06-2013, 08:58 AM
That would be great

Yes I agree, I think that would be perfect for them actually.

koreancabbage
07-06-2013, 09:26 AM
What if Asik heads on over to OKC? uh ooohhh's

IMO, at this point in time, Morey is not going to trade Asik to a western conference team just for the sake of pleasing Asik and making a move.

jam
07-06-2013, 09:30 AM
Can't believe you clowns are getting your panties in a bunch (actually, I take that back, I can believe it).

THE SO-CALLED NEWS IS FROM A FAKE TWITTER ACCOUNT.

astonmartin10
07-06-2013, 09:31 AM
Asik for Josh Smith makes sense. Smith nexts to Howard looks good

HouRealCoach
07-06-2013, 09:45 AM
Dwight Howard, James Harden, & Josh Smith with Parsons backing them up? That's a damn good lineup

RaiderLakersA's
07-06-2013, 09:54 AM
I'll take Asik on the thunder is a heartbeat. He would be the perfect center for the Thunder.

I was just thinking the same thing. If a team like the Thunder could sign Asik, it would be a good move. If his contract wasn't so ridiculously back-loaded, I'd welcome him on the Lakers.

ldawg
07-06-2013, 10:16 AM
Josh smith Howard and harden would be entertaining lob city two point 0 but not a good compliment. Defense would be great but the chemistry will be off beat. They would have to blow out teams close games would be a bit of a challenge.

Stunner
07-06-2013, 10:22 AM
What does OKC that Houston wants ? Nothing nobody wants Perkins for that much to back up

houstonfan
07-06-2013, 10:40 AM
espn trade machine doesn't have up to date rosters but amare s. To the rockets because doesn't want to come off the bench,hedo to the knicks need a sf because anthony likes being a pf and lin/asik to the magic bcause need a future pg and another c/pf.

hell no..

waveycrockett
07-06-2013, 11:41 AM
Anderson is a way better choice. Smooth is good but their spacing is going to suck with him and Dwight. Going to be tougher for Harden to get in the lane.

Jenceman
07-06-2013, 11:50 AM

Regardless, that's the Lakers thinking. Someone will want to come over and be the new face of the Lakers.

Asik simply doesn't fit either a retooling or rebuilding process for the Lakers. He's not a franchise piece, and acquiring him means Gasol still has to play PF, instead of center, where he excels at.

Again, I'm just communicating their apparent plan. So you can quit with the LOL OMG NO WAY THEY DO THAT TAKE ASIK LAKERS SUCK.

waveycrockett
07-06-2013, 12:02 PM
Regardless, that's the Lakers thinking. Someone will want to come over and be the new face of the Lakers.

Asik simply doesn't fit either a retooling or rebuilding process for the Lakers. He's not a franchise piece, and acquiring him means Gasol still has to play PF, instead of center, where he excels at.

Again, I'm just communicating their apparent plan. So you can quit with the LOL OMG NO WAY THEY DO THAT TAKE ASIK LAKERS SUCK.
Asik is really good and really underrated. Whether your rebuilding or contending there is always room for a player like him because he's an asset to keep or trade.

mgsports
07-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Paul Gasol Center for the Lakers or bring back Byrum. Anderson played with Howard on the Magic.

Bruno
07-06-2013, 01:49 PM
No way LAL takes back Asik. not because he sucks- hes a good defender and rebounder, but because it interferes with their 2014 FA plans.

Lakers Ghost
07-06-2013, 02:34 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=41

lakers dont want asik long contract

sunsfan88
07-06-2013, 05:04 PM

Eh, I agree with you that Asik doesn't fit a rebuilding process but he does indeed fit a retooling process. If Pau can come back to form, and Asik can play his usual great defense and rebounding, then LAL has a good front court.

Also, I find it hard to believe that the Lakers are actually gonna rebuild with Kobe and Nash still on the team. Their going for a "re tool" not a rebuild imo.

ramsizzle
07-06-2013, 05:06 PM
Eh, I agree with you that Asik doesn't fit a rebuilding process but he does indeed fit a retooling process. If Pau can come back to form, and Asik can play his usual great defense and rebounding, then LAL has a good front court.

Also, I find it hard to believe that the Lakers are actually gonna rebuild with Kobe and Nash still on the team. Their going for a "re tool" not a rebuild imo.

i agree, if they S&T for Asik and find a even average SF they could be solid.

Jenceman
07-06-2013, 06:55 PM

Pau cant really play PF effectively anymore. At least not defensively. He can still excel as a Center in this league though.

sunsfan88
07-07-2013, 04:43 AM
Pau cant really play PF effectively anymore. At least not defensively. He can still excel as a Center in this league though.

If Pau can't handle PFs on defense, how do you expect him to cover Cs defensively?

And I think Asik is so good defensively that he can make up for Pau's lack of defense.

If the Suns didn't have Gortat and didn't just draft a C in the top 5, I would be wanting the Suns to aggressively go after Asik.

RaiderLakersA's
07-07-2013, 10:02 PM
Now even ESPN is reporting that Asik wants out. Houston doesn't have to oblige him, but if I was running the team, I definitely would see what I could get for him. The last thing that you want on your squad is a player that doesn't want to be there. It's bad for the locker room. That sort of ill will can fester for an entire season.

jam
07-08-2013, 01:20 AM
Asik doesn't strike me as the type of personality to make trade demands, or otherwise create drama for a franchise.

Until we hear from Asik himself, I will take this so-called news as trolling from fake news outlets stirring the pot during the offseason.

Aust
07-08-2013, 01:28 AM
Paul Gasol Center for the Lakers or bring back Byrum. Anderson played with Howard on the Magic.

Can't afford Bynum and don't want him.

RaiderLakersA's
07-08-2013, 02:35 PM
Asik doesn't strike me as the type of personality to make trade demands, or otherwise create drama for a franchise.

Until we hear from Asik himself, I will take this so-called news as trolling from fake news outlets stirring the pot during the offseason.

I don't think we'll hear from Asik himself...and while ESPN has been wrong before, here goes:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9456945/omer-asik-wants-trade-wake-dwight-howard-add-houston-rockets-say-no

Snakeyestx
07-08-2013, 03:25 PM
If we had to make a trade, I wouldn't mind seeing this one :

Asik / Lin => ATL
Horford / Korver => HOU

Other than that (PF and a PG) I can't see a better package for the two. :confused:

shep33
07-08-2013, 03:28 PM
If Pau can't handle PFs on defense, how do you expect him to cover Cs defensively?

And I think Asik is so good defensively that he can make up for Pau's lack of defense.

If the Suns didn't have Gortat and didn't just draft a C in the top 5, I would be wanting the Suns to aggressively go after Asik.

Because PF's out west are athletic freaks these days. Pau is 7 feet, maybe 7'1