07-05-2013, 08:14 PM
Heat 2-1
Thunder 5-1
Clippers 6-1
Spurs 6-1
Nets 8-1
Bulls 10-1
Rockets 10-1

I agree with the list and it's interesting that Dwight's signing isn't being overrated by Vegas like it is by a lot of NBA fans. I think Rockets are going to be a 3-5 seed and a 2nd round team the first year. Depending on how well they mesh possible WCF next year. I'm sure a Josh Smith trade would move them up to 4th or so. Thoughts on these title odds in general?

PraiseJesus
07-05-2013, 08:17 PM
now is a good time to put $100 on the Warriors

Driven
07-05-2013, 08:18 PM
I should have put money on the Rockets yesterday (not that I think they'll win a title).

Clippersfan86
07-05-2013, 08:18 PM
now is a good time to put $100 on the Warriors

Eh. Warriors added Iggy which is great and all but not sure it makes up for the loss of Bogut, Landry, Rush, Jack. Matter of fact I'm positive it doesn't.

PraiseJesus
07-05-2013, 08:21 PM
Eh. Warriors added Iggy which is great and all but not sure it makes up for the loss of Bogut, Landry, Rush, Jack. Matter of fact I'm positive it doesn't.

But all the core players are back and a year older with playoff experience

Now Iggy who can shut down Lebron

Its real deal

Chronz
07-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Too much uncertainty right now.

justinnum1
07-05-2013, 08:25 PM
But all the core players are back and a year older with playoff experience

Now Iggy who can shut down Lebron

Its real deal

Iggy can't shut down lebron :laugh2: Try watching the games.

*Superman*
07-05-2013, 08:28 PM
Overall, Bulls to high, no?

Clippersfan86
07-05-2013, 08:30 PM
Overall, Bulls to high, no?

Nope. Without Rose and with a majorly banged up Noah+Deng they got to the 2nd round and played a competitive series with the back to back champs. With healthy Noah, Rose and Deng they definitely are in the discussion.

TheNumber37
07-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Really? Who is their PG? What does their bench look like? They may have led the league in scoring, but some of their key rotation guys are sure to leave.

ChitownBears22
07-05-2013, 08:32 PM
The only team too high on that list is the Clippers. They still lack that one thing, you need in a Finals series..........offense.

LAKobeBryant
07-05-2013, 08:32 PM
Iggy can't shut down lebron :laugh2: Try watching the games.

you correct, only Diaw, Stevenson, and Barea can.

Clippersfan86
07-05-2013, 08:33 PM
The only team too high on that list is the Clippers. They still lack that one thing, you need in a Finals series..........offense.

Quit baiting. 4th ranked offense the last two years with VINNY DEL NEGRO coaching.

justinnum1
07-05-2013, 08:34 PM
you correct, only Diaw, Stevenson, and Barea can.

Exactly.

Wade n Fade
07-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Why is Vegas giving high odds to OKC? They are going to lose out on Kevin Martin. Russell is coming off a major injury. OKC shouldn't be the heads on favorites out west. They should've traded up for McClemore.

ChitownBears22
Quit baiting. 4th ranked offense the last two years with VINNY DEL NEGRO coaching.

Um the offense was poor in the post season. I am sorry but 6-1 is ridiculous for a team that doesn't know how to win in the postseason.

Captain Moroni
It's all a crapshoot right now.

Clippersfan86
07-05-2013, 08:39 PM
Um the offense was poor in the post season. I am sorry but 6-1 is ridiculous for a team that doesn't know how to win in the postseason.

They were only 10-1 before the trade. As a Bulls fan you don't seem to understand the Vinny Del Negro effect. He singlehandedly detonates teams, especially in the playoffs with awful, awful decisions. Ask Grizzlies fans.. they were laughing their ***** off at his errors too.

56 wins and 4 seed in the west (1 game from 3 seed, 3 games from 1 seed) is nothing to sneeze at when your coach is Vinny Del Negro and your roster has so many holes and injuries. Doc+Redick+Dudley+Bullock+retaining Barnes and CP3 is a HUGE offseason and it's still not done. We may have had the best offseason in the league overall in terms of a true overhaul.

ChitownBears22
07-05-2013, 08:44 PM
They were only 10-1 before the trade. As a Bulls fan you don't seem to understand the Vinny Del Negro effect. He singlehandedly detonates teams, especially in the playoffs with awful, awful decisions. Ask Grizzlies fans.. they were laughing their ***** off at his errors too.

What are you talking about Doc has a .529 winning percentage in the playoffs. It is not that great, and it only got a bump when they had a stacked team that played team defense and team offense. The Clippers roster doesn't know how to do that.

Doc is overrated.

Clippersfan86
07-05-2013, 08:48 PM
We'll see soon enough.

looka09
07-05-2013, 08:50 PM
A lot of good/great teams next year.

BullsNumber1Fan
07-05-2013, 09:18 PM

56 wins and 4 seed in the west (1 game from 3 seed, 3 games from 1 seed) is nothing to sneeze at when your coach is Vinny Del Negro and your roster has so many holes and injuries. Doc+Redick+Dudley+Bullock+retaining Barnes and CP3 is a HUGE offseason and it's still not done. We may have had the best offseason in the league overall in terms of a true overhaul.

This clown is definitely not a Bulls fan. ChitownBears22 is a HEAT fan...

Guppyfighter
07-05-2013, 09:21 PM

Bogut is still on the team.

Clippersfan86
07-05-2013, 09:24 PM
Bogut is still on the team.

Thought you guys had a salary dump trade already lined up for him? Either way that's a TON to lose IMO. IF you guys keep Bogut though no doubt Warriors are incredibly dangerous.

Clippersfan86
07-05-2013, 09:24 PM
This clown is definitely not a Bulls fan. ChitownBears22 is a HEAT fan...

It all makes sense now :cheers:

True Sports Fan
07-05-2013, 09:27 PM
Thought you guys had a salary dump trade already lined up for him? Either way that's a TON to lose IMO. IF you guys keep Bogut though no doubt Warriors are incredibly dangerous.

They dealt Biedrins and Jefferson, weren't dumping Bogut though. Only way they'd dump Bogut is if they were for sure getting Dwight.

Clippersfan86
07-05-2013, 09:32 PM
They dealt Biedrins and Jefferson, weren't dumping Bogut though. Only way they'd dump Bogut is if they were for sure getting Dwight.

Makes sense. In that case I have the Warriors right there for HCA in the west. IF Curry can stay as healthy this year as he did last. Nuggets and Grizzlies are dropping a few seeds.

Thunder
Clippers
Spurs
Warriors
Rockets
Grizzlies
Nuggets

In that order probably (in terms of record). West is so brutal I'm sure many will disagree.

ChitownBears22
07-05-2013, 09:32 PM
It all makes sense now :cheers:

Yeah I bet it does. I bet you are making some generalization about 2010, LeBron, and a bandwagon. I will be here when they are gone. I will still head down to AA Arena when I have the chance (long drive 5 hours both ways).

All the while I will remember at least 3 championship years, and you will still be in the shadow of LA.

ChiSox219
07-05-2013, 09:34 PM

Bulls fans definitely understand VDN's effect. Thibs turned Deng into a two time all-star and won Rose the MVP right after VDN left.

Clippersfan86
07-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Yeah I bet it does. I bet you are making some generalization about 2010, LeBron, and a bandwagon. I will be here when they are gone. I will still head down to AA Arena when I have the chance (long drive 5 hours both ways).

All the while I will remember at least 3 championship years, and you will still be in the shadow of LA.

Join date... Jan 2011, posts 7,487... 6,780 of which have been pure trolling and insulting posters. Forgive me for taking literally everything you say with a grain of salt. Everybody is a homer but your version of it.. where you run around just bashing every team because the team you follow won it.. is dumb.

Diehard fans of any team who have been through a lot of years (even Heat ones) don't act like you do. Your actions make it 100 percent clear you're not only a bandwagoner but a clown without respect for ANYBODY. I'm sure even the more respected Heat fans around here doubt your legitimacy. People can call me a homer, annoying or w/e else but I've proven myself time and time again when it comes to my knowledge and passion of my team. I don't need to constantly act like a prick towards everybody else to do it either.

Clippersfan86
07-05-2013, 09:40 PM
Bulls fans definitely understand VDN's effect. Thibs turned Deng into a two time all-star and won Rose the MVP right after VDN left.

Yea man, I don't think people understand how big of a change it is going from a BAD coach to a top tier one. Even if people feel Doc is overrated at worst he's a top 7 coach right now who gives you a shot. Stan Van Gundy even flip flopped yesterday and said post trade he would bet that we come out of the west. So it's laughable to me that clowns like this are acting like it's the same team and has the same weaknesses and strengths.

NoahH
07-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Bogut is still here! Rush was out all season. Landry and Jack were good bench players, but their positions can be filled. Barnes will fill Landry's spot since he wont be starting anymore and Jack is the odd man out that needs to be filled.

ChitownBears22
07-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Join date... Jan 2011, posts 7,487... 6,780 of which have been pure trolling and insulting posters. Forgive me for taking literally everything you say with a grain of salt. Everybody is a homer but your version of it.. where you run around just bashing every team because the team you follow won it.. is dumb.

Diehard fans of any team who have been through a lot of years (even Heat ones) don't act like you do. Your actions make it 100 percent clear you're not only a bandwagoner but a clown without respect for ANYBODY. I'm sure even the more respected Heat fans around here doubt your legitimacy. People can call me a homer, annoying or w/e else but I've proven myself time and time again when it comes to my knowledge and passion of my team. I don't need to constantly act like a prick towards everybody else to do it either.

I just dont think your team is that good. You hype them up but they fail miserably in the playoffs.

Clippersfan86
07-05-2013, 10:29 PM
I just dont think your team is that good. You hype them up but they fail miserably in the playoffs.

Where do I hype them up? I thought 2nd round last year with a shot at WCF and 52-54 wins. The year before I thought 2nd round at absolute best. Nothing I've predicted has been wrong. Clippers faced an equal and formidable foe in round one in an extremely rare scenario where 4/5 seeds both have 56 win record. Not sure why that's failing miserably.

Nevermind that the Clippers core has only been together one full season. Year one with no training camp and a gazillion injuries and 10 new players we got to the 2nd round so that's a great season on all accounts. The team has never failed miserably considering the circumstances.

Besides that's irrelevant to you being a tool who jumped on the bandwagon when Lebron joined the Heat.

Chronz
07-05-2013, 11:00 PM

LOL nothing poor about our offense, you do know that winning and losing is about how you perform on BOTH ends... right?

Clippersfan86
07-05-2013, 11:03 PM
LOL nothing poor about our offense, you do know that winning and losing is about how you perform on BOTH ends... right?

The minute he said the Clippers problem was poor offense, I knew he was full of ****. We were THE worst defense this last postseason, offense has never been the issue. Doc Rivers will change that.

OceanSpray
07-05-2013, 11:03 PM
Woah, Warriors downgraded big time. Losing Jack Jarrett is a huge loss. Andre will fit right in but let's not forget who was making the plays when Curry wasn't.

Clippersfan86
07-06-2013, 01:04 AM
Rockets now tied for 3rd best odds with Clippers.

tredigs
07-06-2013, 02:38 AM
Jack is a ball stopper and absolutely terrible defensively. He made some shots when it mattered, and that was great, but most Warriors fans wanted him gone and for good reason. Having Iggy and his playmaking + perimeter D is monster for GS. Both their offense and defense are better than last season.

Curry-Thompson (or Barnes)-Iguodala-Lee-Bogut is a downgrade? Foolish. Especially with likely improvement out of the young guns, that team is potent as hell. They'll fight for HCA with Houston and LAC and be true contenders if they maintain health.

Clippersfan86
07-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Jack is a ball stopper and absolutely terrible defensively. He made some shots when it mattered, and that was great, but most Warriors fans wanted him gone and for good reason. Having Iggy and his playmaking + perimeter D is monster for GS. Both their offense and defense are better than last season.

Curry-Thompson (or Barnes)-Iguodala-Lee-Bogut is a downgrade? Foolish. Especially with likely improvement out of the young guns, that team is potent as hell. They'll fight for HCA with Houston and LAC and be true contenders if they maintain health.

I clarified this. Thought Bogut was part of salary dump. I still think you guys lose quite a bit of depth, though overall the team will be nice. They proved themselves last year as a hungry up and coming contender so no doubt they will be there again unless they can't stay healthy.

xxplayerxx23
07-06-2013, 10:23 AM
Warriors are only contenders if bogut can stay healthy IMO

Clippersfan86
07-06-2013, 10:24 AM
Warriors are only contenders if bogut can stay healthy IMO

Yup. Everything health permitting with them.

Goose17
07-06-2013, 10:35 AM

Loss of Bogut? What are you talking about? We didn't trade Bogut.

You're overrating Jack and Landry, they're average players. You can get someone just as good for much cheaper.

Our starting 5 + 6th man is outstanding, compared to others it's easily a top 4 or 5 in the western conference. The real test is with the rest of our bench, we need more depth, desperately.

First of all, I don't think we're done trading, but even if we are, we're looking at a starting lineup of; Curry, Klay, Iggy, Lee, Bogut and 6th man Barnes. That's so vastly superior to our top 6 last year that it's not even funny. Even if they go the other way; Curry, Iggy, Barnes, Lee, Bogut. That's just NASTY!

Our biggest weakness last season was the lack of athleticism and weak perimeter defense, Iggy fixes both of those. Dre is arguably the best perimeter defender in the league. On top of that he's at least as good as Jack in terms of play making, probably better actually and he's a much superior ball handler.

I can't wait to see Barnes and Iggy on the court at the same time, both are great two-way players, they're going to drive opponents crazy.

Like I say, adding depth is next on the list and staying healthy would be a huge bonus lol. If they don't trade any of the top six you're looking at a wing rotation of Iggy - Barnes - Klay - Green. That might be the best wing rotation in the league. What we really need is a couple of big men.

Il Mago50
07-06-2013, 10:43 AM
I'm not a fan but where are the Knicks, they are actually my favorite out of the East.

Bargnani playing in the area he consistently has his best games and now will be removed from being the "first pick bust" and just allowed to play in a new situation, Chandler locking down the paint, Melo a top 5 player, Shumpert one of the better perimeter defenders, Felton a very solid PG, JR back raining it off of the bench, STAT healthy providing big spark off of bench, Pablo there for veteran presence and whoever else they decide to grab.

How can the Knicks be 25/1?

D-Leethal
07-06-2013, 10:49 AM
I think Miami, Spurs, Clips should be the three top favorites and everyone else well behind

Goose17
07-06-2013, 11:05 AM
I'm not a fan but where are the Knicks, they are actually my favorite out of the East.

Bargnani playing in the area he consistently has his best games and now will be removed from being the "first pick bust" and just allowed to play in a new situation, Chandler locking down the paint, Melo a top 5 player, Shumpert one of the better perimeter defenders, Felton a very solid PG, JR back raining it off of the bench, STAT healthy providing big spark off of bench, Pablo there for veteran presence and whoever else they decide to grab.

How can the Knicks be 25/1?

JR choked in the playoffs. Stat is washed up. Last season the Knicks defense was statistically better when Chandler was on the bench. Bargnani is awful. Pablo might be a veteran in terms of year spent playing the game, but playing in the NBA and playing in Europe are two very different games.

Felton, Shump and Melo are their best pieces. And I don't see that being enough.

Badluck33
07-06-2013, 11:13 AM
Thunder is too high. 10-1 is more like it for Thunder.

xxplayerxx23
07-06-2013, 11:16 AM
JR choked in the playoffs. Stat is washed up. Last season the Knicks defense was statistically better when Chandler was on the bench. Bargnani is awful. Pablo might be a veteran in terms of year spent playing the game, but playing in the NBA and playing in Europe are two very different games.

Felton, Shump and Melo are their best pieces. And I don't see that being enough.

Well here's my take and I'm a hard critic.

Any chance of the Knicks doing anything this year falls on this.

1- Iman shumpert. Is he ready to be a 15/5 guy? I think we are a year away from shump taking that step but who knows he's working hard.

2- bargs.. Can he get his range back? If he can become a stretch 4 like he was a couple years ago that would be a big step. He needs to go back to 15/5 (hilarious how 5 rebounds would be fine when I said the same thing about shump) on at least 35% from deep

3-amare- can't count on him to play big minutes. But if he can do what he did last year in 23 mins an efficient scoring output they can do well.

Jr has to play solid again. And I expect the same type of year from melo.

Chandler had a bad playoff run but he is still a solid defensive player and rebounder. They most likely wont have enough but if the 3 things happen then try can be a dangerous team. I wouldn't count on it tho