PDA

View Full Version : The 4 team Dwight Howard trade the worst ever for teams involved?

JEDean89
07-05-2013, 04:49 PM
So looking back the Nuggets got iggy, the sixers got bynum and the lakers got howard and now it looks like none of the above teams are gonna hold on to their players. Only the magic got what they wanted and are able to keep them. Also of the 4 teams involved in the trade 3 got worse, they were all playoff teams before after only 2 of them were and Lakers just barely made it. This is definitely the worst large blockbuster trade I have seen in a long time.

Aust
07-05-2013, 04:50 PM
Pretty funny how that worked huh?

*Superman*
07-05-2013, 04:52 PM
Rob Hennigan is a boss, nuff said.

True Sports Fan
07-05-2013, 04:52 PM
Yeah, looking back at it, it doesn't look so good for teams involved. But if your in position to take that deal, I think you would take it once again from all teams viewpoint

Cal827
07-05-2013, 04:53 PM
Man, Orlando really dominated this trade, eh?

Excuse me, I'm going to go find a crow to cook up.

RLundi
07-05-2013, 04:55 PM
Orlando made out like gangbusters.

JEDean89
07-05-2013, 04:56 PM
Yep, Orlando made out like Bandits, Vucevic and Harkless + picks would look really good to Philly, LAL and Denv right now.

AI
07-05-2013, 04:57 PM
And now, Iguodala and Howard might end up on the same team.

Ryan328
07-05-2013, 04:58 PM
Yup...worked out for Orlando

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-05-2013, 04:58 PM
Not to mention we have afflao as a trade asset from that trade also

*Superman*
07-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Best part of all, we made the Lakers endure Chris Duhon. LOL.

rocket
07-05-2013, 05:01 PM
Orlando won the trade.

Avenged
Nope. The Lakers got rid of Bynum instead of most probably maxing him out if he had stayed. Win/win for me!

JEDean89
Not to mention we have afflao as a trade asset from that trade also

Can't understand how a Harkless + Afflalo trade for Bledsoe wouldn't have been better for the Clipps than Reddick and Dudley. Magic could have had Bledsoe/Oladipo as their backcourt which in a couple years would be a lockdown backcourt defensively and then they could tank for Julius Randle or Aaron Gordon next year.

Vucevic
Randle
Harris
Oladipo
Bledsoe

that would have been a fun team to watch.

JEDean89
07-05-2013, 05:03 PM
Nope. The Lakers got rid of Bynum instead of most probably maxing him out if he had stayed. Win/win for me!

this is a good point but if they end up s and trading him for Bogut, then I dunno, I think I would rather have Bynum for the few extra mil a year.

*Superman*
Can't understand how a Harkless + Afflalo trade for Bledsoe wouldn't have been better for the Clipps than Reddick and Dudley. Magic could have had Bledsoe/Oladipo as their backcourt which in a couple years would be a lockdown backcourt defensively and then they could tank for Julius Randle or Aaron Gordon next year.

Vucevic
Randle
Harris
Oladipo
Bledsoe

that would have been a fun team to watch.

Because we wouldn't give them Harkless. At most it'd be AA, Nicholson or pick, I think.

Oldmantrash
The Nets won that trade, for not being involved.
We got to keep Lopez and all those picks, and now we are better than if we had just Deron and Howard.

TrueFan420
07-05-2013, 05:04 PM
Funny that a year later Dwight and iggy will be warriors

Teeboy1487
07-05-2013, 05:04 PM
best part of all, we made the lakers endure chris duhon. Lol.

:mad:

*Superman*
07-05-2013, 05:06 PM
:mad:

He's freaking horrible isn't he...no idea how he has lasted in the league thus far.

At least you guys cut his sorry ***.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-05-2013, 05:07 PM
maxing out Brook Lopez is far from winninghe already was having issues with his bad foot lolbesides the fact the Nets will be better but only for two or three years and not good enough still to win a championship in that time frame

5ass
07-05-2013, 05:09 PM
Vuc
Harkless
Harris
Oladipo
Afflalo
Nicholson

and we're less than a year into the rebuild.

5ass
07-05-2013, 05:10 PM
He's freaking horrible isn't he...no idea how he has lasted in the league thus far.

The guy couldnt even dribble the ball up the court.

Aust
07-05-2013, 05:10 PM
The Nets won that trade, for not being involved.
We got to keep Lopez and all those picks, and now we are better than if we had just Deron and Howard.

Guess you can say that about every team that wasn't involved then, huh?

Blink
07-05-2013, 05:14 PM
Haha Orlandos sitting back laughing their *** off

Teeboy1487
07-05-2013, 05:22 PM

I will never get the imagine of him shooting 30 footers everytime he entered the game out of my head. Why you think Laker fans were so happy when Nash finally returned from that leg injury? Thank goodness he is gone for good now.

mrnore77
07-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Best part of all, we made the Lakers endure Chris Duhon. LOL.

Truer words have never been spoken. Not to mention that they have to deal with Dwight's indecision

king4day
07-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Let's see where Howard goes before deciding it didn't work out for them.
If he goes to the Warriors and the Lakers end up with Barnes or Thompson, I would put them as the winner.

Chucky Woods
07-05-2013, 05:33 PM

Excuse me, I'm going to go find a crow to cook up.Me too.... In the beginning I thought Orlando got raped in this deal, but the opposite happened. The only real good that came from this deal for the Lakers, Is that we didn't max out "paper knees" Bynum.

More-Than-Most
07-05-2013, 05:40 PM
we got rid of iggy and are able to completely rebuild. I have no issues with the trade.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-05-2013, 05:43 PM
Could have rebuilt much faster with harkless vuc and the pick you gave Orlando .... and you still could have trade iggy for actual assets

JEDean89
07-05-2013, 05:45 PM
^^^^ seriously philedelphia got screwed the most, they would have had a nice roster this year if they didn't do that trade. and could trade evan turner and iggy for good assets.

More-Than-Most
07-05-2013, 06:36 PM
^^^^ seriously philedelphia got screwed the most, they would have had a nice roster this year if they didn't do that trade. and could trade evan turner and iggy for good assets.

Yes we got screwed but we would have had a roster that still cant touch the pacers/Bulls/Heat and kept us in the middle of the pack yet again. Iggy going and that trade was the best thing in the world for us because now we are no longer stuck in limbo.

THE MTL
07-05-2013, 06:43 PM
I cant believe that Orlando won that trade.

jp611
07-05-2013, 06:43 PM

Excuse me, I'm going to go find a crow to cook up.

Same here

ManRam
07-05-2013, 06:54 PM
i never though we'd be winners, but i made it clear that i did not want brook (max contract and eternal 8th seeds) or bynum (we know why). i was more happy with that trade at the time than those two other options. but never in my wildest dreams would i be as happy as i am now. harkless and vucci are awesome. afflalo and harrington can be moved if needed. no suffocating long-term contract

tp13baby
07-05-2013, 06:59 PM
Honestly I see LA as the only true losers.
Orlando won this trade.
Philly ended us eventually getting Noel and Williams and a great shot for Wiggins. So maybe it might pay off in the end.
Denver could be big losers, but you never know without Gallo, it takes 1 injury to Ty Lawson for the Nuggets to be drafting in the top 10.

KingstonHawke
07-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Orlando didn't win in this deal either. They suck, and are going to keep sucking for a while now. They have a logjam at forward, and bad contracts galore. This trade set ALL the teams back.

JEDean89
07-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Yes we got screwed but we would have had a roster that still cant touch the pacers/Bulls/Heat and kept us in the middle of the pack yet again. Iggy going and that trade was the best thing in the world for us because now we are no longer stuck in limbo.

dude don't you get that you could have accomplished the same thing by trading just iggy, keeping Harkless and Vucevic, and you would have gotten a at least a 1st rounder by trading iggy, maybe could have gotten a Harrison Barnes type player plus a pick for him at the allstar break. So instead of Vucevic, Harkless + assets from an iggy trade you chose nothing. That team would have sucked, trade turner or evan and they are bottom 8, tank next year for Wiggins, Parker, Gordon, Randle, Kentucky twin etc...

Vucevic
Randle
Harkless
Young player
Jrue,

i don't see you doing much better than that. any lottery pick is a risk even with guys considered can't miss like Beasley, Oden, etc... much rather have good young players with potential than picks, unless it's an unprotected lottery pick in 2014.

ManRam
07-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Orlando didn't win in this deal either. They suck, and are going to keep sucking for a while now. They have a logjam at forward, and bad contracts galore. This trade set ALL the teams back.

I was just gonna say to clarify that I don't think we "won" anything...because the talent incoming did not equal the talent outgoing...but I'm still content with it and the 3 other teams can't be.

The logjam at F isn't a big deal. Baby and Harrington aren't playing a role with this team's future.

The bad contracts aren't too bad either. Hedo is either gonna be bought out or is an expiring. Harrington's contract is only half guaranteed. Nelson's only guaranteed for $4 million next year. Afflalo is tradable. Davis is the only bad one, but if he plays well like he was last year (we were FAR better with him healthy than not) he could be movable.

These contracts don't matter now. If we're at this point next year and Afflalo and Baby are still here then maybe it's a problem, but those are the only bad ones. We're not looking to spend now. That will come later. We suck, but sucking is exactly what we need to be doing now.

3RDASYSTEM
07-05-2013, 08:21 PM
So looking back the Nuggets got iggy, the sixers got bynum and the lakers got howard and now it looks like none of the above teams are gonna hold on to their players. Only the magic got what they wanted and are able to keep them. Also of the 4 teams involved in the trade 3 got worse, they were all playoff teams before after only 2 of them were and Lakers just barely made it. This is definitely the worst large blockbuster trade I have seen in a long time.

to top it off looking back a little deeper is that DEN has no IGGY now, 76ERS basically got no BYNUM then and now, LAKERS have no HOWARD according to reports(but it may change) and ORL is/was shopping the so called centerpiece of the trade

so it may be the worst so called blockbuster trade of alltime since nobody really won but ORL who got basically 6th man and fringe starters with potential out the deal, 76ERS lost really big and maybe la on par if DWIGHT inks with HOUSTON

3RDASYSTEM
07-05-2013, 08:26 PM
I was just gonna say to clarify that I don't think we "won" anything...because the talent incoming did not equal the talent outgoing...but I'm still content with it and the 3 other teams can't be.

The logjam at F isn't a big deal. Baby and Harrington aren't playing a role with this team's future.

The bad contracts aren't too bad either. Hedo is either gonna be bought out or is an expiring. Harrington's contract is only half guaranteed. Nelson's only guaranteed for $4 million next year. Afflalo is tradable. Davis is the only bad one, but if he plays well like he was last year (we were FAR better with him healthy than not) he could be movable.

These contracts don't matter now. If we're at this point next year and Afflalo and Baby are still here then maybe it's a problem, but those are the only bad ones. We're not looking to spend now. That will come later. We suck, but sucking is exactly what we need to be doing now.

Way to put him in his place

But I will say Orlando is one lucky franchise I must say, just look at the top picks and talent since basically inception and they will always strike gold when a given chance in lottery, its DISNEYLAND and he owns espn along with those on his network,they will always take care of ORLANDO, it just had to hit a rough patch to balance it out

you may not win a title but you will always get lucky in the draft when given a golden chance to strike big

LAKERMANIA
07-05-2013, 08:28 PM
Yeah I don't think the trade was all that bad for philly either

2-ONE-5
07-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Yeah, looking back at it, it doesn't look so good for teams involved. But if your in position to take that deal, I think you would take it once again from all teams viewpoint

yep

2-ONE-5
07-05-2013, 08:40 PM
dude don't you get that you could have accomplished the same thing by trading just iggy, keeping Harkless and Vucevic, and you would have gotten a at least a 1st rounder by trading iggy, maybe could have gotten a Harrison Barnes type player plus a pick for him at the allstar break. So instead of Vucevic, Harkless + assets from an iggy trade you chose nothing. That team would have sucked, trade turner or evan and they are bottom 8, tank next year for Wiggins, Parker, Gordon, Randle, Kentucky twin etc...

Vucevic
Randle
Harkless
Young player
Jrue,

i don't see you doing much better than that. any lottery pick is a risk even with guys considered can't miss like Beasley, Oden, etc... much rather have good young players with potential than picks, unless it's an unprotected lottery pick in 2014.

rather have MCW, Noel our own top 3 pick and the Hornets (hopefully) top 8-10 pick

we knew getting Bynum could lead to big things or it would blow up like it did leaving us with tons of cap room. Vuc would have never got the same chance to shine here like he did in Orlando and Harkless would have spent the season in the d league

topdog
07-05-2013, 08:42 PM
And everyone thought that Orlando got abused and the other three teams were so much better off... Funny how the NBA works.

THE MTL
07-06-2013, 11:12 AM
Lakers and philly are completely ****ed cause of the trade. And denver lost iggy for nothing.

Orlando got picks, good role player in afflao, young prospect that averaged a double double.

But yeah all teams got worst cause of the trade. It was negative for all parties involved