PDA

View Full Version : Howard to GS ?

Stunner
07-04-2013, 08:37 PM
Mark Heisler ‏@MarkHeisler
OMG this could happen: #Laker source told me they'd consider Barnes or Klay or Curry+Bogut+No. 1 for #D!2. GS hasn't yet offered HB/KT or SC

DR_1
07-04-2013, 08:39 PM
Lakers are not going to get Curry :laugh2:

SugeKnight
07-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Warriors are not trading Curry, they better not trade Barnes, but I would understand if they trade Thompson

xxplayerxx23
07-04-2013, 08:41 PM
:laugh: curry :laugh:

RipCity32
07-04-2013, 08:41 PM
It's really up to Dwight though,Not the Lakers.

xxplayerxx23
07-04-2013, 08:42 PM
Barnes>klay

bholly
07-04-2013, 08:45 PM
It's really up to Dwight though,Not the Lakers.

The suggestion is that GSW suddenly going hard at this is probably because of a good indication from Dwight. Which makes a huge tonne of sense.

ManRam
07-04-2013, 08:50 PM
dwight wouldn't wanna go there if they traded curry to get him :laugh2:

Iron24th
07-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Lol someone is late.

asandhu23
07-04-2013, 08:56 PM
As a Warriors' fan... this trade talk is a bit crazy. lol

ChitownBears22
07-04-2013, 08:59 PM
This thread is just plain dumb. The source talks about a possibility, that hasn't even been discussed by any team.

Hell insert any players name for Barnes, Curry, or Klay.

ThunderousDemon
07-04-2013, 09:00 PM
No chance.

Stunner
07-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Lmaooo I didn't even notice Curry's name lmao forget this source

Bruno
07-04-2013, 09:11 PM
this is my preference.

unload dwight for Boguts 14 million dollar expiring, and at least one of barnes/curry (hopefully both) with as many picks as you can get.

thompson is the absolute perfect substitute for Kobe while he heals, and could be the ace floor spreader the Lakers haven't had in a very long time. thompsons fantstic rookie contract stays on the books for at least a couple seasons; if this trade happened he'd be the only Laker- along with Steve Nash still on the payroll entering 2014.

LA still becomes a major player in next years off-season, and Golden State enters the 2015 season with Dwight/Curry/Lee at about 45 million in total payroll- with the ability to sign another ten million dollars worth of players at least.

Golden state gets to build around a core of Howard/Curry/Lee with cap space starting in 2015, and the Lakers roll out a starting five of Nash/Thompson/Bryant/Gasol/Bogut when Kobe is healthy. everyone wins.

LAL should sit kobe all season- collect a cap refund on his massive contract- ala yao ming, trade nash and pau for expiring and young talent on great contracts, do this deal with Golden state. just punt punt punt, enter off-season 2014 with the shot at a top five pick in the draft, with the ability to sign two or three max players. icing on the cake is if Kobe takes a contact like tim duncan- 3 years 36 million. my ideal pipe dream is LAL punting 2014, ending up with a top five pick, pair Bryant and Thompson with two, possible three max free agents (depending on the size of Kobes new contract) and go into the rest of the decade with a super team.

Teeboy1487
07-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Thompson, Bogut, and picks would be awesome. I would prefer this over Dwight anyday simply because I hate him and don't want him on the team.

Bruno
07-04-2013, 09:26 PM
Thompson, Bogut, and picks would be awesome. I would prefer this over Dwight anyday simply because I hate him and don't want him on the team.

especially if he's going to leave for nothing anyways. why not take Klay Thompson? great player on a great contract.

AI
07-04-2013, 09:27 PM
Of course the Lakers would consider that, doesn't mean Golden State is going to do it though.

That's like saying...

"Knicks source told me they'd seriously consider trading Amare for Bogut and a 1st"

Doesn't mean GS would do it though.

OceanSpray
07-04-2013, 09:28 PM
Lmao, GSW is not trading Curry for Dwight.

Stunner
07-04-2013, 09:28 PM
Warriors trying to clear cap space to sign Dwight Howard outright, sources tell @WindhorstESPN and @ESPNSteinLine:
With that in mind, Golden State is now trying to shop expiring contracts to teams with cap space in order to create enough room to sign Howard outright. Such expiring deals include those of Andris Biedrins ($9MM), Richard Jefferson ($11M), and Andrew Bogut ($14MM).
If the Warriors can dump $34M in salary over the weekend, sign Bob Myers up for executive of the year.
Rule of thumb - Lakers don't want anything back for Dwight if he were to go in a S&T but young, talent - any expiring salary needs 3rd team
It is reported that Golden State would be willing to include a future first round pick in order to sweeten a potential deal, but they may also have to consider dealing away some of their promising young players - such as Harrison Barnes or Klay Thompson - in order complete a trade. Stein and Windhorst write that when the Warriors had tried to attempt to offload a large contract last year, prospective trading partners tended to include Barnes or Thompson into the discussion.

Mark Heisler of Sheridan Hoops (via Twitter) cites a source who indicates that if a sign-and-trade were to materialize between the Lakers and Warriors, L.A. would insist that Stephen Curry, Thompson, or Barnes would have to be involved. According to Stein and Windhorst, a source close to the situation says that Dwight is expected to make his decision by tomorrow. All things considered, it'll be quite intriguing to see if and what the Warriors can try to come up with until then.

ChitownBears22
07-04-2013, 09:29 PM
Mark Heisler ‏@MarkHeisler
OMG this could happen: #Laker source told me they'd consider Barnes or Klay or Curry+Bogut+No. 1 for #D!2. GS hasn't yet offered HB/KT or SC

LOL! I remember my first free agency.

bholly
07-04-2013, 09:30 PM
this is my preference.

unload dwight for Boguts 14 million dollar expiring, and at least one of barnes/curry (hopefully both) with as many picks as you can get.

thompson is the absolute perfect substitute for Kobe while he heals, and could be the ace floor spreader the Lakers haven't had in a very long time. thompsons fantstic rookie contract stays on the books for at least a couple seasons; if this trade happened he'd be the only Laker- along with Steve Nash still on the payroll entering 2014.

LA still becomes a major player in next years off-season, and Golden State enters the 2015 season with Dwight/Curry/Lee at about 45 million in total payroll- with the ability to sign another ten million dollars worth of players at least.

Golden state gets to build around a core of Howard/Curry/Lee with cap space starting in 2015, and the Lakers roll out a starting five of Nash/Thompson/Bryant/Gasol/Bogut when Kobe is healthy. everyone wins.

LAL should sit kobe all season- collect a cap refund on his massive contract- ala yao ming, trade nash and pau for expiring and young talent on great contracts, do this deal with Golden state. just punt punt punt, enter off-season 2014 with the shot at a top five pick in the draft, with the ability to sign two or three max players. icing on the cake is if Kobe takes a contact like tim duncan- 3 years 36 million. my ideal pipe dream is LAL punting 2014, ending up with a top five pick, pair Bryant and Thompson with two, possible three max free agents (depending on the size of Kobes new contract) and go into the rest of the decade with a super team.

You mean Thompson there. Just before someone jumps on you without reading the rest of the post.

ChitownBears22
07-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Warriors trying to clear cap space to sign Dwight Howard outright, sources tell @WindhorstESPN and @ESPNSteinLine:
With that in mind, Golden State is now trying to shop expiring contracts to teams with cap space in order to create enough room to sign Howard outright. Such expiring deals include those of Andris Biedrins ($9MM), Richard Jefferson ($11M), and Andrew Bogut ($14MM).
If the Warriors can dump $34M in salary over the weekend, sign Bob Myers up for executive of the year.
Rule of thumb - Lakers don't want anything back for Dwight if he were to go in a S&T but young, talent - any expiring salary needs 3rd team
It is reported that Golden State would be willing to include a future first round pick in order to sweeten a potential deal, but they may also have to consider dealing away some of their promising young players - such as Harrison Barnes or Klay Thompson - in order complete a trade. Stein and Windhorst write that when the Warriors had tried to attempt to offload a large contract last year, prospective trading partners tended to include Barnes or Thompson into the discussion.

Mark Heisler of Sheridan Hoops (via Twitter) cites a source who indicates that if a sign-and-trade were to materialize between the Lakers and Warriors, L.A. would insist that Stephen Curry, Thompson, or Barnes would have to be involved. According to Stein and Windhorst, a source close to the situation says that Dwight is expected to make his decision by tomorrow. All things considered, it'll be quite intriguing to see if and what the Warriors can try to come up with until then.

How the hell do you shed $34 mil in contracts and not pick up any money on your end. Unless GSW plans on getting them on a plane together and crashing it on purpose, there is no way to do this.

Kobe2324
07-04-2013, 09:33 PM
has to be fake, not a chance curry every comes up and talks and im sure lakers know that as well, but i think bogut and one of the other two are not that bad of a deal id bogut stays healthy, but not sure lakers want to do that

Bruno
07-04-2013, 09:35 PM
You mean Thompson there. Just before someone jumps on you without reading the rest of the post.

ah i did- thanks.

RipCity32
07-04-2013, 09:35 PM

Dumars better be on the phone.I'll take whatever crap they want to get rid off if they give us Barnes.

ChitownBears22
07-04-2013, 09:36 PM
has to be fake, not a chance curry every comes up and talks and im sure lakers know that as well, but i think bogut and one of the other two are not that bad of a deal id bogut stays healthy, but not sure lakers want to do that

:facepalm:

It could be very real. Of course the Lakers would be interested in that move. It doesn't take a Lakers "insider" to figure that out. The stupidity of the post is that GSW hasn't even considered it.

So it is not news.

bholly
07-04-2013, 09:37 PM

That's not how that works. If he's forced to retire from his injury then they'd be able to get his salary off the books (but would still pay him) from the one year anniversary of his last game - which doesn't really help them that much. They'd also have to waive him to do it, so they would lose his Bird rights for re-signing him. Most of all, a doctor selected by the league and the players association get to decide whether he's bad enough to have to retire or not - you can't just choose to sit him.

The other option is a disable player exception, where they could sign a single replacement player up to the MLE, or trade for one up to the MLE+$100k. Kobe's salary stays on the books, though, and again it's up to a doctor appointed by the league and the player's association to decide whether he's out for the season or not.

Source: CBAFAQ.com Q69, Q61, Q25.

PraiseJesus
07-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Dwight + Kobe for Curry

I swear I would do it

bholly
07-04-2013, 09:39 PM
:facepalm:

It could be very real. Of course the Lakers would be interested in that move. It doesn't take a Lakers "insider" to figure that out. The stupidity of the post is that GSW hasn't even considered it.

So it is not news.

It's news that the Lakers would be open to an S+T, though. The story the whole time so far has been that they wouldn't consider it. We all know Curry won't be traded, but that doesn't mean the other possibilities reported (Thompson+Bogut or Barnes+Bogut) aren't interesting.
Definitely should be with the rest of the discussion in the Howard thread, though - so far this is still just rumour.

ChitownBears22
07-04-2013, 09:40 PM
Dwight + Kobe for Curry

I swear I would do it

You would need to add Gasol to make it fair. And maybe Phil Jackson.

PraiseJesus
07-04-2013, 09:41 PM
You would need to add Gasol to make it fair. And maybe Phil Jackson.

We keep PJ for sure

Unless we get Jerry West back =)

ClevelandSpider
07-04-2013, 09:42 PM
Anyone that thinks the Warriors are going to trade Curry, a borderline superstar and future superstar for sure, for D12 is beyond dumb, I mean I can't think of a word to accurately describe how stupid a person who actually considers that a possibility is...if I'm GS, I offer Bogut and a 1st, nothing more...the Lakers would be stupid to not accept because then Howard walks and they get nothing...the Lakers are not getting Barnes and maybe GS throws in Thompson instead of a 1st with Bogut if they are desperate to get D12...but seriously, some people are just so dumbbbbb

ChitownBears22
07-04-2013, 09:43 PM
We keep PJ for sure

Unless we get Jerry West back =)

Can you trade GM's, I think on top of all of that. In an outrageous turn of events, Lakers fan PraiseJesus was included to take over GM duties for GSW.

AI
07-04-2013, 09:45 PM
Seriously, I could see Bogut and a 1st to LA for Dwight in a S&T working.

It's either take that, or be left with nothing.

ChitownBears22
07-04-2013, 09:46 PM

The Lakers actually like the idea of being left with nothing. Why take on an injury prone Bogut and his contract when they could have $57 million in cap room next year?

MrfadeawayJB
07-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Not sure if the warriors want to give up so much for a diva

AI
07-04-2013, 09:50 PM
The Lakers actually like the idea of being left with nothing. Why take on an injury prone Bogut and his contract when they could have $57 million in cap room next year?

Bogut is an expiring contract, they'd still have the same amount of cap room next year (plus a 1st).

Aust
07-04-2013, 09:53 PM
Tomorrow is going to be fun.

king4day
07-04-2013, 09:54 PM
The suggestion is that GSW suddenly going hard at this is probably because of a good indication from Dwight. Which makes a huge tonne of sense.
I'm thinking the same thing. They wouldn't do this unless they knew something.
I'm sure his agent said, "He wants to play with the core here. Get under the cap and I'll sign". I wonder if he'll sign if Barnes or Thompson isn't there.

ChitownBears22
07-04-2013, 09:54 PM
Bogut is an expiring contract, they'd still have the same amount of cap room next year (plus a 1st).

So they would gain a 25-30 pick. I am guessing the Lakers don't care about that pick. They would essentially pay $26 million (Bogut's contract puts them waaaaaay over the Cap and in Luxury hell) for a late 1st round pick.

lol some people amaze me.

J4KOP99
07-04-2013, 09:55 PM
Tomorrow is going to be fun.

$100 worth of internet money says he does not decide tomorrow.

-You guys really have short memories on here. Do you remember the **** he pulled last year haha? His indecision is legendary.

My guess is we will get an answer sometime in august.

Tony_Starks
07-04-2013, 09:57 PM

I'll take nothing please.

True Sports Fan
07-04-2013, 09:59 PM
First take was saying Lakers don't want any players in return for Dwight. So if it was a sign and trade I assume it would be picks straight ip

Tony_Starks
07-04-2013, 10:00 PM

-You guys really have short memories on here. Do you remember the **** he pulled last year haha? His indecision is legendary.

Man knowing how this dude is I wouldn't be surprised if he signs a one year deal just to do this all over again next year. He's a indecisive drama queen.

J4KOP99
07-04-2013, 10:01 PM
First take was saying Lakers don't want any players in return for Dwight. So if it was a sign and trade I assume it would be picks straight ip

Unless you get offered a piece like Barnes/Klay... but yes, they want no part of Bogut. Forget the fact that he is expiring... the Lakers are already way over the Luxury tax and do not want to pay the increasing penalties.

ChitownBears22
07-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Man knowing how this dude is I wouldn't be surprised if he signs a one year deal just to do this all over again next year. He's a indecisive drama queen.

1 year sign and trade for Steph Curry, then he could be sign with the Lakers next year and play with Curry. It is the perfect crime!

RLundi
07-04-2013, 10:02 PM
For some reason, I don't consider GS a serious destination for Dwight.

tc2deuce
07-04-2013, 10:04 PM
Don't underestimate Mark Jackson

ChitownBears22
07-04-2013, 10:06 PM
Don't underestimate Mark Jackson

What the F is Mark Jackson going to do. He is the coach no the GM

Tony_Starks
07-04-2013, 10:10 PM
1 year sign and trade for Steph Curry, then he could be sign with the Lakers next year and play with Curry. It is the perfect crime!

Or maybe a 1 year deal with Orlando. Go there and apologize for a year then leave again when the seasons over.

tc2deuce
07-04-2013, 10:11 PM
sell the move to North California.........D12 wants a coach he likes ask......Van Gundy and Dantoni

lol, please
07-04-2013, 10:14 PM
But since Mark Jackson impressed him som much, he will be a warrior. ;)

bholly
07-04-2013, 10:18 PM

Except that in order to do that GSW would have to clear the cap room to absorb Dwight's full salary, in which case they wouldn't bother with a S+T because it would essentially be them giving the Lakers picks for no reason.

tc2deuce
07-04-2013, 10:20 PM
But since Mark Jackson impressed him som much, he will be a warrior. ;)

I just have a feeling that Jackson is more appealing than McHale or Carlisle

LakersMaster24
07-04-2013, 10:20 PM
I'd like Dwight to resign. However if he doesn't, an offer of Barnes + Klay sounds good enough :D

asandhu23
07-04-2013, 10:22 PM
What the F is Mark Jackson going to do. He is the coach no the GM

Mark Jackson changed the Warriors' status in this from loooooooooooooooong shot to possibility.

Silent
07-04-2013, 10:29 PM
No way In hell

lol, please
07-04-2013, 10:35 PM
^ Dwight will be a Warrior.

ChitownBears22
07-04-2013, 10:38 PM
^ Dwight will be a Warrior.

Dwight will be member of the HEAT. League minimum!!!!!!

steveweve
07-04-2013, 10:38 PM
A couple inside sources close to the Dubs have reported Howard interested in signing if we can free up space. which is why their trying to shed RJ/beanbag and boguts contract

Bruno
07-04-2013, 10:40 PM
That's not how that works. If he's forced to retire from his injury then they'd be able to get his salary off the books (but would still pay him) from the one year anniversary of his last game - which doesn't really help them that much. They'd also have to waive him to do it, so they would lose his Bird rights for re-signing him. Most of all, a doctor selected by the league and the players association get to decide whether he's bad enough to have to retire or not - you can't just choose to sit him.

Right, this is similar to what happened with Roy right? I think i was referring to the option you detailed below (although i didn't know the maximum relief was MLE). Thanks

The other option is a disable player exception, where they could sign a single replacement player up to the MLE, or trade for one up to the MLE+$100k. Kobe's salary stays on the books, though, and again it's up to a doctor appointed by the league and the player's association to decide whether he's out for the season or not.

Source: CBAFAQ.com Q69, Q61, Q25.

ChitownBears22
07-04-2013, 10:40 PM
A couple inside sources close to the Dubs have reported Howard interested in signing if we can free up space. which is why their trying to shed RJ/beanbag and boguts contract

How do you lose there salary and not recoup anything in return?

Aust
07-04-2013, 11:02 PM

No, I was talking about babysitting my niece tomorrow :D

I wouldn't be surprised of Dwight is trying not to repeat that indecision due to the backlash he recieved from it. Or maybe he's stalling for time so that Houston can move Lin/Asik or GS can get more cap space to sign him. Who really knows :shrug:

RipCity32
07-04-2013, 11:24 PM
How do you lose there salary and not recoup anything in return?

If they would give us Barnes or Thompson.We could Amnesty Villanueva an have around 28mil in capspace.Plenty of room to free them up.

Vinylman
07-04-2013, 11:36 PM
If they would give us Barnes or Thompson.We could Amnesty Villanueva an have around 28mil in capspace.Plenty of room to free them up.

only way barnes or thompon are going anywhere is if the Lakers are involved... the key in a S&T is that the warriors only have to match D12's new salary ($20 million) whereas signing him outright would force them to dump an additional $14 million....

On a side note, GS is really the best place for D12 of the teams he has talked with if he doesn't want to go back to LA

I wouldn't be shocked if a S&T happens because of Jerry West's and Mitch Kupchak's long term relationship.

nickdymez
07-04-2013, 11:41 PM
I like how everybody laughs at the Lakers... hahahahahaha.... Keep laughing. Make sure this post gets in someones sig this time next week....

Tony_Starks
07-04-2013, 11:46 PM
If I'm GS I wouldn't even want Howard. They seem to really have a crew of kids that get along and have a good chemistry. Howard showed last year that's he's a huge Diva.

Just seems like more trouble than he's worth if I'm in their position. I'd rather take my chances developing the 3 youngbucks.

Guppyfighter
07-04-2013, 11:53 PM
Everyone is a prisoner of the moment it seems. Plus, Dwight is already friends with Cur Dwight's fine in the locker room and even if he wasn't, you know who else was an *******? Michael Jordan.

Being an ******* doesn't exclude you from being really ****ing good.

lol, please
07-04-2013, 11:53 PM
Howard will stop being a diva and become a humble team player for the sake of winning a 'ship.

Aust
07-05-2013, 12:25 AM
Howard will stop being a diva and become a humble team player for the sake of winning a 'ship.

Jackson and West would have to be a huge part of that.

Monta is beast
07-05-2013, 04:19 AM
Our locker room would be perfect for Howard. Everyone in the locker room said the vibe was like it was a college team. That fits Dwights personality perfectly, and Jackson is the perfect coach to motivate him, look what he did for Curry.

lakers4sho
07-05-2013, 04:28 AM
Our locker room would be perfect for Howard. Everyone in the locker room said the vibe was like it was a college team. That fits Dwights personality perfectly, and Jackson is the perfect coach to motivate him, look what he did for Curry.

I guess that's all fine and dandy if he doesn't want to win a championship.

sunsfan88
07-05-2013, 04:28 AM

Curry was never an immature, indecisive, arrogant idiot though.

lol, please
07-05-2013, 04:31 AM
If Howard wants to win a 'ship GSW is the logical choice.

Monta is beast
07-05-2013, 04:32 AM
I guess that's all fine and dandy if he doesn't want to win a championship.

lakers fans tho

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-05-2013, 04:45 AM
I would love to do a trade with another " Agent 44" (West )team. He hooked us up when he was with the Grizzlies when we got Pau for Kwame. I think we might get all of northern Cali for Dwight.

sep11ie
07-05-2013, 04:49 AM
I would love to do a trade with another " Agent 44" (West )team. He hooked us up when he was with the Grizzlies when we got Pau for Kwame. I think we might get all of northern Cali for Dwight.

I think you are forgetting the other Gasol that was in that deal.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-05-2013, 04:52 AM
It really sucks that the Bobcats got big Al. They would have had the cap room to accept Bogut and be the third team. That idiot Jordon would have probably gave up next years first to the Lakers for him which no doubt would have been number 1. Wiggens is a Laker and all is right again... Oh well.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-05-2013, 04:59 AM
I think you are forgetting the other Gasol that was in that deal.

Oh I dont forget. But people never talk about him when they try to say we robbed Memphis. I argue saying they gave up Gasol but the counter arguement is " well, they didn't know he would be that good. They just got lucky. So I stopped trying and now go with "we raped them"

jam
07-05-2013, 06:00 AM
I don't think it's a great fit. GS has a very guard-centric offense and multiple players who are already volume scorers. Take the ball out of Steph's hands, and force him to become a spot up shooter and he loses almost all of his value on the offensive end. Lee needs touches and shots. So does Klay. So does Jack.

Dwight would demand recognition as the #1 option and would likely be a ball stopper and force his teammates to stand and watch and take the occasional open shot. This would negate his teammates' ability to create on offense.

It's not out of the realm of possibility, but GS should be last on Dwight's last.

Guppyfighter
07-05-2013, 06:08 AM
I don't think it's a great fit. GS has a very guard-centric offense and multiple players who are already volume scorers. Take the ball out of Steph's hands, and force him to become a spot up shooter and he loses almost all of his value on the offensive end. Lee needs touches and shots. So does Klay. So does Jack.

Dwight would demand recognition as the #1 option and would likely be a ball stopper and force his teammates to stand and watch and take the occasional open shot. This would negate his teammates' ability to create on offense.

It's not out of the realm of possibility, but GS should be last on Dwight's last.

God. Everything you said was dumb, but this is the most dumb.

Curry's three point percentage on spot ups is 50 percent. Not sure you know how much value there is in that.

And certainly is not a volume scorer. He's hyper efficient. Same with Lee. And they are all very good at passing.

c.c.
07-05-2013, 08:10 AM
Besides Bogut, Dwight wanna play with all those guys especially Curry and Thompson. Their are shooters (which he's so-called wants)

knicksfan1969
07-05-2013, 08:53 AM
If GS takes D12, Ownership will need to blow Mark Jackson once per day and twice on Sunday. Guys just want to play for him.

knicksfan1969
07-05-2013, 08:53 AM
LOL at Lakers fans (Mgmt too) spouting crap about how they did not care about getting compensation back for D12.

knicksfan1969
07-05-2013, 08:55 AM

LOL. GS is actually the best team for D12 so long as Klay, Barnes and Curry are around in some 2 of 3 combination.

And if they can keep Lee with D12 .... that is one fun team to watch.

PraiseJesus
07-05-2013, 09:00 AM
Im going to be completely and utterly honest here.

If Dwight goes to the GSW it will destroy their chances of winning rings.

I will be happy about it though becasue it likely means the Lakers will get Klay Thompson, a tremendous young talent with real basketball skills.

I feel that the GSW are the most promising young team in the NBA. They are all talented, unselfish, and highly skilled players. I see Dwight as a selfish, unskilled player that will come into the GSW and suck the energy right out of the building.

I know GSW fans won't understand this. I know most won't. But mark my words if you give away a young prodigy like Klay Thompson or even Barnes for the overrated sloth diva attention seeking Dwight.... You will destroy your chances of building any legitimate Dynasty.

I know he looks the part with this big frame and his stats look the part also, but he isn't a winner.

That's why Kobe challenged Dwight instead of begging him to return.

Bottom line is that Kobe figured - If Dwight backs downs from a direct challenge like Kobe gave - He doesn't want him on his team and isn't worthy to inherit the Lakers

JOSKOMANG4
07-05-2013, 09:04 AM
If d12 decides G-State, I would offer two deals!

- bogut, Jefferson, and 2-future 1st rd picks. Lakers acquire more expirings to pretty much set themselves to offer 2-max contracts. Bogut, if healthy, can be a very tradable asset. Jefferson could replace earl Clark.

- lee, Jefferson, and 2-future 1st rd picks. Lee is a double-double machine. He is a perfect fit in D'antoni's offensive system(madr the allstar team w/knicks when D'antoni was coach). A run n gun offense, lee would be a great fit w/Nash.

JOSKOMANG4
07-05-2013, 09:06 AM
WArriors lineup:
D12, D.green,Barnes,klay,curry

Dankster
07-05-2013, 09:27 AM
It's really funny how anyone would think GS would package Steph Curry in this deal.

TBH, I don't even think GS would trade Steph Curry straight up for Howard at this time, let alone package him with other young and promising players for such a mercurial talent as Dwight.

Lakers should try to get Bogut and Barnes/Klay and a pick and be very happy with that compensation for a guy who seemingly doesn't want to be in LA anymore. Win-win situation for everyone.

Raidaz4Life
07-05-2013, 09:40 AM
It's really funny how anyone would think GS would package Steph Curry in this deal.

TBH, I don't even think GS would trade Steph Curry straight up for Howard at this time, let alone package him with other young and promising players for such a mercurial talent as Dwight.

Lakers should try to get Bogut and Barnes/Klay and a pick and be very happy with that compensation for a guy who seemingly doesn't want to be in LA anymore. Win-win situation for everyone.

I completely agree. I honestly would prefer that deal to Dwight.

On another note, I don't know why people think that taking on expiring contracts in a sign and trade gives the team more cap room. I keep hearing people saying the Lakers need to grab expirings to set themselves up for 2014... the Lakers would already be set up for 2014 without the sign and trade.

2-ONE-5
07-05-2013, 09:43 AM
if curry and bogut and a 1st were traded for Howard for the first time in my life i would beleive the league is rigged.

Triple_Ocho
07-05-2013, 09:45 AM
God. Everything you said was dumb, but this is the most dumb.

Curry's three point percentage on spot ups is 50 percent. Not sure you know how much value there is in that.

And certainly is not a volume scorer. He's hyper efficient. Same with Lee. And they are all very good at passing.

I agree with you but what you didn't see was how bad a passer D12 is outta the post. It's not that Curry would be less efficient. It's that Dwight will take away opportunity from the best player on the team. Dwight is a cancer. I'm hoping he just leaves. Lakers chemistry will be much better with Pau at the 5 with Nash at point

AI
07-05-2013, 09:46 AM
If I'm GS I don't trade any of Curry, Thompson or Barnes in a deal for Dwight. That trio is too damn good and work so well to split them up. If he goes somewhere else, too bad, but please don't trade any of them.

Triple_Ocho
07-05-2013, 09:49 AM
Im going to be completely and utterly honest here.

If Dwight goes to the GSW it will destroy their chances of winning rings.

I will be happy about it though becasue it likely means the Lakers will get Klay Thompson, a tremendous young talent with real basketball skills.

I feel that the GSW are the most promising young team in the NBA. They are all talented, unselfish, and highly skilled players. I see Dwight as a selfish, unskilled player that will come into the GSW and suck the energy right out of the building.

I know GSW fans won't understand this. I know most won't. But mark my words if you give away a young prodigy like Klay Thompson or even Barnes for the overrated sloth diva attention seeking Dwight.... You will destroy your chances of building any legitimate Dynasty.

I know he looks the part with this big frame and his stats look the part also, but he isn't a winner.

That's why Kobe challenged Dwight instead of begging him to return.

Bottom line is that Kobe figured - If Dwight backs downs from a direct challenge like Kobe gave - He doesn't want him on his team and isn't worthy to inherit the Lakers

Could not be more true. Give me Bogut, Thompson or Barnes, and a 1st any day of the week over Dwight. Well said.

bobmhs27
07-05-2013, 09:53 AM
See Dwight finds himself in a real catch 22. He wants to be the go to guy but he wants to win too. Well in Orlando he proved that can't happen. He is a great number two that tries to play a number one mans game. He needs to accept that at his highest potential he will help a team win some rings not win them on his own. He is not Shaq. Shag was a dominant force, Howard has glimpses of it but hes too proud to ever get any better cause he wont accept any help

eternal slumber
07-05-2013, 09:58 AM
seems like GSW have other plan if Howard don't sign with them.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/07/warriors-efforts-to-clear-cap-not-only-tied-to-d12.html

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ken-berger/22647462/sources-warriors-cap-clearing-efforts-not-solely-tied-to-dwight

it will be really difficult for them moving those contracts especially Biedrins and Jefferson.

Chuck Taylor
07-05-2013, 10:10 AM
How the hell do you shed $34 mil in contracts and not pick up any money on your end. Unless GSW plans on getting them on a plane together and crashing it on purpose, there is no way to do this.

Was wondering the same thing.

superwill
07-05-2013, 10:11 AM
If d12 decides G-State, I would offer two deals!

- bogut, Jefferson, and 2-future 1st rd picks. Lakers acquire more expirings to pretty much set themselves to offer 2-max contracts. Bogut, if healthy, can be a very tradable asset. Jefferson could replace earl Clark.

- lee, Jefferson, and 2-future 1st rd picks. Lee is a double-double machine. He is a perfect fit in D'antoni's offensive system(madr the allstar team w/knicks when D'antoni was coach). A run n gun offense, lee would be a great fit w/Nash.

That first trade doesn't make any sense at all its Bogut + Barnes/Clay

bobmhs27
07-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Iggy makes about zero sense for GS. They have a great young core of smalls. Idk y you would put Barnes or Thompson on the bench. I understand teams need a sixth man but thats Jack. Save the money for when the rookie contracts start to expire

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-05-2013, 10:25 AM
Was wondering the same thing.

one scenario could be Orlando. We have a 17.3 million dollar Tpe

Then we have hedo Turk. Who Is gonna get 12 mill this year and al Harrington at 7 mill but both can be bought out for half. That's another 19 mil in salary for the trade with the tpe totaling 36.3 million .... then once the warriors get al and Turk they can buy them out for half there contract which is 9.5 mill against there cap .... so in the end they could trade that 34.2 million and end up paying 9.5 million this would save them nearly 25 mil and allow them to sign Dwight, with the help of Orlando .... and I hope we help them do it

Chuck Taylor
07-05-2013, 10:25 AM
How about this three-way deal. The core pieces would be D.Lee to Minny, K. Love to LA, Dwight to GS.
Everybody kinda wins here. Minnesota could take on an expiring as well in this deal to even it out a little for them. I think an extra player or two would have be involved. Maybe some draft picks, too.

bobmhs27
07-05-2013, 10:32 AM
The wolves are not trading K-Love PERIOD. especially for one year of David Lee.

Chuck Taylor
07-05-2013, 10:39 AM
One year?

AI
David Lee isn't even an expiring. :laugh2:

blastmasta26
See Dwight finds himself in a real catch 22. He wants to be the go to guy but he wants to win too. Well in Orlando he proved that can't happen. He is a great number two that tries to play a number one mans game. He needs to accept that at his highest potential he will help a team win some rings not win them on his own. He is not Shaq. Shag was a dominant force, Howard has glimpses of it but hes too proud to ever get any better cause he wont accept any help

I'm not saying you're definitely wrong, but how did Orlando prove that in any way? He never had a good enough team to contend there, his only trip to the Finals was due to a weak Eastern Conference. His situation was similar to LeBron's in Cleveland. He was surrounded by shooters which was a good strategy, but he never had a good enough supporting cast.

DillyDill
07-05-2013, 10:59 AM
I really want Superman to be a life long laker but if we can snag any 3 of these scenarios I wouldn't be mad one bit.

1st Option: Bogut + Curry

2nd Option: Bogut + Klay

3rd Option: Bogut + Barnes

bgdreton
07-05-2013, 11:12 AM
I can gaurantee the first option will never happen. Lol that was funny.
Second option good chance and third option I hope not.

phlp_bj
07-05-2013, 11:14 AM
The Utah Jazz, sources said, have expressed the strongest in taking back Bogut, who played his way into the No. 1 overall pick in the NBA draft out of the University of Utah.

The Jazz and Warriors are in talks, sources say, with Utah possessing the requisite salary-cap space. The Jazz also have an opening to take in Bogutís contract and have an opening for a big man after letting Al Jefferson walk away without compensation to come to terms on a three-year deal worth nearly $41 million to sign with Charlotte.

http://www.beyondthebuzzer.com/2013/07/05/report-warriors-in-talks-to-trade-andrew-bogut-to-jazz/?fb_source=pubv1

DillyDill
07-05-2013, 11:18 AM
I can gaurantee the first option will never happen. Lol that was funny.
Second option good chance and third option I hope not.

Lol Uh Oooo it's looking like no option might happen if GS can clear Bogut from the books

PraiseJesus
07-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Lol who would trade for Bogut that guy has been utterly worthless

bgdreton
07-05-2013, 11:34 AM
For people who don't watch warrior games it's klay Thompson spelled with a k not a c. Sorry it's just annoying to see bc I can't take anything seriously if you don't even know the names of the players

bgdreton
07-05-2013, 11:39 AM
Lol Uh Oooo it's looking like no option might happen if GS can clear Bogut from the books

To be honest I am still on the fence about Howard. I know after next year bogut would take a reduced deal and with are expirings we would have great cap to sign a possible player called lebron. I think it's just my man crush on the best player in the world to play for my team. I would miss bogut passing ability and non diva like personality

asandhu23
07-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Lol who would trade for Bogut that guy has been utterly worthless

Did you see the playoffs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwOMYq0JTy4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M27PJ37fXvI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyPqZO5DeSE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsIVTv6sYSA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD5h70t6tEo

This is not worthless. We wouldn't have done **** in playoffs without him.

eternal slumber
07-05-2013, 11:46 AM

even if they were able to trade Bogut, they'll still be won't enough money for Howard. if this trade push through, they'll be around 56-57 million in salary for next year.

expected salary cap would still be around 58 million.

likemystylez
07-05-2013, 11:47 AM
http://www.beyondthebuzzer.com/2013/07/05/report-warriors-in-talks-to-trade-andrew-bogut-to-jazz/?fb_source=pubv1

I don't want to jump the gun here, and with dwight howard its impossible to know whats going on? (based on him opting in and out of his contract like 5 times his last yr with Orlando).

I will say this- If the warriors are looking to unload Bogut (There may be a draft pick headed back to Golden State involved in that deal). If they are looking to move bogut, with festus ezeli out for atleast the first 3 months of the season. They MUST feel pretty good about Dwight Howard. Jerry West isnt an idiot and it looks like the warriors front office is "going all in".

Also take note that today is the first time I saw anything about the lakers 1) having serious doubts about retaining dwight howard and 2) considering a sign and trade that would free up cap space for next year and give them pieces to move forward.

If the lakers get a package of multiple first round picks, klay thompson expiring contracts of Jefferson and Beidrins. They may take that package if indeed their alternative is losing dwight for nothing.

BTW- considering where the warriors cap situation started at the beginning of these talks. If they found a way to get this deal done- they have an exec of the year in that front office. You might as well just hand the award out during the summer.

xxplayerxx23
07-05-2013, 11:49 AM
Laker fans can't seriously think curry would be in any deal .

likemystylez
07-05-2013, 11:51 AM
even if they were able to trade Bogut, they'll still be won't enough money for Howard. if this trade push through, they'll be around 56-57 million in salary for next year.

expected salary cap would still be around 58 million.

I think them trading bogut is more of a sign that they have figured out a way to land dwight howard and/or he really wants to be in Golden State. I think coming back from the bogut deal would be a first round pick or 2 (protected).

The path to get howard would still be sign and trade (Lakers reportedly are considering it today). It would allow the warriors to give 1)Young players with potential, 2)First round picks, 3) Expiring deals to clear space for summer of 2014.

Still a long shot- but I feel better about the warriors chances now than I did 2 or 3 days ago.

likemystylez
07-05-2013, 11:53 AM
Laker fans can't seriously think curry would be in any deal .

curry wouldnt be in the deal- LOL hes probably the main reason dwight would consider playing in Golden State.

Federal Reserve
07-05-2013, 12:01 PM
The Lakers should take Curry, Klay, Bogut and Jack for Howard. In such a scenario, the Lakers would be able to get some nice pieces to complement their old core.

PraiseJesus
07-05-2013, 12:04 PM
Dwight + Kobe for Curry and Bogut

Lets do it

PraiseJesus
07-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Did you see the playoffs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwOMYq0JTy4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M27PJ37fXvI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyPqZO5DeSE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsIVTv6sYSA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD5h70t6tEo

This is not worthless. We wouldn't have done **** in playoffs without him.

He played well in some playoff games and looked like he was going to fall apart

xxplayerxx23
07-05-2013, 12:06 PM

Lets do it

Neither team does that

BIG worm
07-05-2013, 12:11 PM
at this stage, no one wants kobe. he just seems so ****ing hard headed, i dont see who would want to play with him....maybe rose....but who else?

D1JM
07-05-2013, 12:12 PM

Lets do it

:eyebrow:

BIG worm
07-05-2013, 12:14 PM
if the lakers tried to send kobe with dwight to gs, dwight would no longer be interested in gs

likemystylez
07-05-2013, 12:16 PM
The Lakers should take Curry, Klay, Bogut and Jack for Howard. In such a scenario, the Lakers would be able to get some nice pieces to complement their old core.

you forgot Barnes and Lee. LOL yeah trade the core of a young team that had a better record and went farther in the playoffs for the 2nd best player of a team that couldnt get into the playoffs without the refs and were immediately swept losing every game by double digits once they got in (showing they didnt belong there)

astonmartin10
07-05-2013, 12:17 PM
No way GS trades Curry. No way not happening

BIG worm
07-05-2013, 12:20 PM
you forgot Barnes and Lee. LOL yeah trade the core of a young team that had a better record and went farther in the playoffs for the 2nd best player of a team that couldnt get into the playoffs without the refs and were immediately swept losing every game by double digits once they got in (showing they didnt belong there)

and mark jackson would have to be included in the deal as well

iam brett favre
07-05-2013, 12:20 PM
When this **** is the face of the NBA, you know your league is in trouble.

likemystylez
07-05-2013, 12:21 PM
at this stage, no one wants kobe. he just seems so ****ing hard headed, i dont see who would want to play with him....maybe rose....but who else?

it has nothing to do with his talent- hes 35 yrs old this month, makes 24 million a yr, and theres a reasonable thcnace that he could miss half the season next year. (or come back at way less the player he was). Also- seeing as he is the face of the Lakers- Their fans would demand they trade him only for a superstar.

I actually think the right basketball move for them to make is to use their amnesty on Kobe Bryant. It would be a PR nightmare, and it would have some horrible short term results.3- 5 yrs from now would be when people see how genious of a move it was in the face of adversity.

likemystylez
07-05-2013, 12:22 PM
No way GS trades Curry. No way not happening

just checking- is durant on the table? or even chris paul??

bgdreton
07-05-2013, 12:24 PM
Stylez I'm not going to talk to you about using commas or periods bc that **** was funny! Lol

BIG worm
07-05-2013, 12:24 PM
it has nothing to do with his talent- hes 35 yrs old this month, makes 24 million a yr, and theres a reasonable thcnace that he could miss half the season next year. (or come back at way less the player he was). Also- seeing as he is the face of the Lakers- Their fans would demand they trade him only for a superstar.

I actually think the right basketball move for them to make is to use their amnesty on Kobe Bryant. It would be a PR nightmare, and it would have some horrible short term results.3- 5 yrs from now would be when people see how genious of a move it was in the face of adversity. agreed, but the lakers fo doesnt have the balls to make that move. nothing against his game, but his personality is holding them back and hes just not worth that money anymore

Statik1
07-05-2013, 12:33 PM
@BillSimmons
My bet on a Dwight outcome: LA sign-and-trades Howard + Artest to GSW for the Bogut/Biedrins expirings + Klay Thompson + future 1st.

https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/353185233048313857

likemystylez
07-05-2013, 12:36 PM
agreed, but the lakers fo doesnt have the balls to make that move. nothing against his game, but his personality is holding them back and hes just not worth that money anymore

its a tough move for ANY front office to make. A lot of casual fans and hardcore fans would be upset. The lakers are usually a team that makes moves and trades to WIN RIGHT NOW. This would be a huge move that did not result in winning right now.

rockets-fan
07-05-2013, 12:52 PM
GSW wouldn't be getting that much better IF Bogut were to play to his real talented potential and stayed healthy, but since he hasn't done that, they are going to be scary good. I can't imagin Curry and Howard, like they would have a perfect supporting cast there too. And if their chemistry mixes well, the league should be very scared

KingstonHawke
07-05-2013, 12:54 PM
I would accept Barnes, Klay and Bogut for Howard... could probably even move Bogut to the Blazers for Aldridge and move Gasol back to the 5 where he's best at.

likemystylez
07-05-2013, 12:56 PM
I agree with this- If bogut were playing over 60 games a year and was in shape. Even if he averaged around 10 and 10, while playing good defense- The warriors would win 55-57 games. (this is assuming that barnes and thompson continues to improve- which is very likely)

likemystylez
07-05-2013, 12:59 PM
I would accept Barnes, Klay and Bogut for Howard... could probably even move Bogut to the Blazers for Aldridge and move Gasol back to the 5 where he's best at.

I dont think the lakers would get both barnes and Klay. Bogut looks like hes headed to Utah to get draft picks

sf-fanatic
07-05-2013, 01:13 PM
I think its ridiculous how Laker fans are asking for Klay and Barnes or Curry in a trade lol

likemystylez
07-05-2013, 01:15 PM
I think its ridiculous how Laker fans are asking for Klay and Barnes or Curry in a trade lol

I think they want a reason for the team to go so far into luxury tax, and Andris Beidrins just isnt cutting it LOL

likemystylez
07-05-2013, 01:16 PM
The draft picks are are going to be key for them

mp3
07-05-2013, 01:28 PM

Neither of these would ever happen. Lakers aren't getting Klay AND Barnes. Bogut for LA? No chance.

sunsfan88
07-06-2013, 01:35 AM

That's awful.

asandhu23
07-08-2013, 03:39 AM
He played well in some playoff games and looked like he was going to fall apart

That's because he wasn't 100 percent. dude hadn't played a full game in forever.