PDA

View Full Version : Kings will trade Evans to Pelicans for Vasquez. Lopez to Portland

LTBaByyy
07-03-2013, 09:55 PM
@sam_amick: Tyreke Evans has given the New Orleans Pelicans a verbal agreement that he'll sign the four-year, $44 million offer sheet, I'm told.ESPN 1st

LTBaByyy
07-03-2013, 09:56 PM
He is only 23!!! Thought he was atleast 25. Might be a nice pick up

And he is 6'6, so he can play SF or Gordon is on the move

shep33
07-03-2013, 09:56 PM
This is interesting. No point in having Gordon. Can't play either of them at the 3

NoahH
07-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Kings arent matching right?

Didn't Tyreke say he would only sign where he could play PG?

True Sports Fan
07-03-2013, 09:58 PM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad:

True Sports Fan
07-03-2013, 09:59 PM
This is interesting. No point in having Gordon. Can't play him at the 3

Yeah, no way he is playing three.

LAKobeBryant
07-03-2013, 10:00 PM
He is only 23!!! Thought he was atleast 25. Might be a nice pick up

And he is 6'6, so he can play SF or Gordon is on the move

Yeah he wasted a few years in sac after winning ROY. He's played pg,sg,sf they didn't know how to play him. He can be a strong candidate for MIP next yr depending on how he fits in NOP

RLundi
07-03-2013, 10:03 PM
This is interesting. No point in having Gordon. Can't play either of them at the 3

I heard they wanted Tyreke to play a Ginobili role.

Hawkeye15
07-03-2013, 10:04 PM
so, they are now paying 25 million a year for the same position.

Good call Pelicans...

True Sports Fan
07-03-2013, 10:05 PM

Good call Pelicans...

Yeah, I still don't really understand it... Heard Deng for EG deal, but if not doesn't really make sense and don't see much of a fit for Reke

BALLER R
07-03-2013, 10:06 PM
maybe they plan on trading Gordon.

Hawkeye15
07-03-2013, 10:08 PM
maybe they plan on trading Gordon.

what value does he have, relative to his salary?

TrueFan420
07-03-2013, 10:08 PM
Hahaha he isn't worth that deal

Hawkeye15
07-03-2013, 10:09 PM
Yeah, I still don't really understand it... Heard Deng for EG deal, but if not doesn't really make sense and don't see much of a fit for Reke

so Chicago, in salary cap hell, yet refusing to amnesty Boozer like they should have, will take on EG's deal?

Not buying it.

TrueFan420
07-03-2013, 10:09 PM
what value does he have, relative to his salary?

I doubt much outside of the suns

shep33
07-03-2013, 10:11 PM
I heard they wanted Tyreke to play a Ginobili role.

Hmm, pretty interesting if true. Don't see why Tyreke at age 23 (I think) would want to play off the bench though. Also the minutes don't add up for him. Gordon, Holiday and Vasquez are still there.

I dunno, what they're doing, unless they're trying to move Gordon.

lol, please
wow. I can't believe the Kings lost him. Poor Kings fans, I think most were hoping he was going to be a franchise player.

True Sports Fan
so Chicago, in salary cap hell, yet refusing to amnesty Boozer like they should have, will take on EG's deal?

Not buying it.

Yeah, I agree. I don't think they would take EG for Deng. Probably media based rumors in the first place.

Kashmir13579
So what happens with Gordon?

Pelicans are making a splash right now!

True Sports Fan
07-03-2013, 10:12 PM
wow. I can't believe the Kings lost him. Poor Kings fans, I think most were hoping he was going to be a franchise player and become the best big in the league after Shaq coached him.

Think you have Tyreke and Cousins mixed up..

Hawkeye15
wow. I can't believe the Kings lost him. Poor Kings fans, I think most were hoping he was going to be a franchise player and become the best big in the league after Shaq coached him.

big?

McLemore fell to the Kings. Why on earth would they bother matching this stupid deal?

Kashmir13579

Wait..... What?

Hawkeye15
So what happens with Gordon?

Pelicans are making a splash right now!

positive or negative splash? Cause Reke at that money is terrible

Hawkeye15
07-03-2013, 10:13 PM
Yeah, I agree. I don't think they would take EG for Deng. Probably media based rumors in the first place.

oh for sure. This time of year is so media fueled.

lol, please
07-03-2013, 10:13 PM
@True sports fan yea, you're right, I edited it, lol. Sorry.

lol, please
07-03-2013, 10:14 PM
Cousins is still there. :nod:

bholly
07-03-2013, 10:15 PM
Kings arent matching right?

Didn't Tyreke say he would only sign where he could play PG?

When/where?

He's signing with a team who just acquired Jrue Holiday and already have Greivis Vasquez, so I doubt that's his motivation.

True Sports Fan
07-03-2013, 10:16 PM
oh for sure. This time of year is so media fueled.
Definitely. During this time of the NBA season you can't believe anything until it is actually confirmed. Well you can say the same thing about the regular season until the trade deadline passes, lol.

@True sports fan yea, you're right, I edited it, lol. Sorry.

Yeah I figured. Don't worry, it happens lol.

Kashmir13579
07-03-2013, 10:17 PM
positive or negative splash? Cause Reke at that money is terrible

He's still young. People forget that he played on the Kings these last couple years, which was hardly the best environment for any young prospect like Evans.

If i'm a Pelicans fan i like the signing. These small market teams sometimes have to pay more for talent like this so i understand the contract.

True Sports Fan
07-03-2013, 10:17 PM
When/where?

He's signing with a team who just acquired Jrue Holiday and already have Greivis Vasquez, so I doubt that's his motivation.

Yeah, pretty sure he never said he would only sign with a team if he can start at PG. iirc, all he said was he doesn't want to play Small Forward

superkegger
07-03-2013, 10:18 PM
It makes sense to me. Evans is probably the best FA the Pelicans can sign. Who else is going to sign with them? And with Tyreke you have flexibility. You can't play Jrue, Gordon, Evans all at the same time a ton, but at the same time,you have to ask, what are you trying to accomplish this next year? If you have a top 5 of Jrue, Gordon, Tyreke, Ryan Andrerosn and Anthony Davis, that's not a bad starting spot. So you have the flexibility to trade any one of your 3 guards. Or you hold onto all 3 and have a killer 3 guard rotation with some time for Evans at the 3. Gotta collect talent when and where you can, and he's a piece they can add, gotta do it, even if it doesn't work out, he still becomes a trade asset, right? Maybe not, but what other moves do they ahve? If you have cap space, you gotta spend it, cause of the floor, might as well spend it on talent you can trade later on. Cause it still comes down to who are you really going to spend your money on?

Hawkeye15
07-03-2013, 10:18 PM
When/where?

I get the acquisition of talent (and I think they did), but what the hell is with the position overlaps?

Cracka2HI!
07-03-2013, 10:19 PM
I hate this the Pelicans...even if they trade Gordon. I see Evans as a 6th man type. He just doesn't stretch the floor to be a 2 and isn't efficient to run Point. He'd be great off the bench. Maybe that's what the Pelicans have in mind.

Kashmir13579
07-03-2013, 10:20 PM
I get the acquisition of talent (and I think they did), but what the hell is with the position overlaps?

Reke will play the 2 and 3 (at times)

He's a big boy

Hawkeye15
07-03-2013, 10:20 PM
He's still young. People forget that he played on the Kings these last couple years, which was hardly the best environment for any young prospect like Evans.

If i'm a Pelicans fan i like the signing. These small market teams sometimes have to pay more for talent like this so i understand the contract.

Jacked form on his shot, suspect left hand, defense is meh, already behind the 8 ball.

Not saying its not a good signing at its base, I am saying at $11 million per year, are you really happy paying a player to develop while you pay him $135k a game?

Hawkeye15
07-03-2013, 10:21 PM
Reke will play the 2 and 3 (at times)

He's a big boy

he will get killed guarding SF's

FOXHOUND
07-03-2013, 10:21 PM
The Pelicans have had an odd offseason, to me.

Having Noel fall to them was a gift, and created a situation that may have made up for the blunder of taking Austin Rivers over Andre Drummond last year. Noel and Davis could have formed an incredible defensive force together for years to come, and could have been the wonderfully fun duo of Unibrow and Flat top. They have Greivis Vasquez, one of the top young PGs coming off of his breakout season.

That trio could have been great to build around, and maybe with some improved play by the team could have actually convinced Eric Gordon to play his 28 games a year in New Orleans. But they trade Noel for Holiday, who to me is very similar to Vasquez from a production standpoint already, and trade top-5 protected pick next year in what could be a legendary draft.

What could have potentially been,

Greivis Vasquez
Eric Gordon?
Jabari Parker, semi-conservatively predicting
Anthony Davis
Nerlens Noel
6th - Ryan Anderson/Austin Rivers if he ever develops a brain.

Right now the future is,

Jrue Holiday
Eric Gordon?
Al-Farouq Aminu?
Anthony Davis
Robin Lopez?
6th - Tyreke Evans, if Gordon sticks around.

Ehhh, don't get it. That backcourt trio is incredibly expensive, and really not THAT good to warrant such a price.

Edit: I mention that the pick is top-5 protected, then completely forget about it when predicting the plan lol. F me, right?

Still, is Holiday + non guaranteed pick in 2014 draft better than Vasquez + Noel + guaranteed pick in 2014 draft?

shep33
07-03-2013, 10:22 PM
No chance to play him at the 3, that's suicide for him and his team

Kashmir13579
07-03-2013, 10:22 PM
Jacked form on his shot, suspect left hand, defense is meh, already behind the 8 ball.

Not saying its not a good signing at its base, I am saying at $11 million per year, are you really happy paying a player to develop while you pay him $135k a game?
Its not my money. :)

What do you think he is worth in a four year deal? Small market teams have to go out on a limb sometimes to bring in all star talent and i totally get that. They're not going to command discounts.

kozelkid
07-03-2013, 10:24 PM

Not buying it.

Why in God's name would Chicago amnesty Boozer now? They would just lose an above average big for nothing. It's not like they'd get any cap space.

If they amnesty him, it makes much more sense to do it next year when Deng's contract comes off the books.

True Sports Fan
07-03-2013, 10:25 PM
I hate this the Pelicans...even if they trade Gordon. I see Evans as a 6th man type. He just doesn't stretch the floor to be a 2 and isn't efficient to run Point. He'd be great off the bench. Maybe that's what the Pelicans have in mind.

Not sure why Reke would sign to come off the bench, when he would surely start in Sacramento... Still can't get it through my head. But I guess I'll have to wait until the season

Kashmir13579
07-03-2013, 10:26 PM
he will get killed guarding SF's

He can't guard the Lebrons and Durants but he's capable give quality minutes at the 3 on most nights.

Jint.
07-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Pelicans are back!!

ChiSox219
07-03-2013, 10:31 PM
Nothing wrong with this deal, I think Sacramento would be dumb not to match.

True Sports Fan
07-03-2013, 10:33 PM
Hoping the Kings and Pelicans work out a S&T and somehow get the Pelicans to take one of Salmons/Hayes/Thornton's contracts. Or get Grievis back in a deal.

Either that or Sacramento scares Pelicans into believing they will match.

Stunner
07-03-2013, 10:35 PM
Eric Gordon for Deng please , it's destiny

True Sports Fan
07-03-2013, 10:37 PM

Considering your from Chicago, I assume you are a Bulls fan... Why do Bulls fans wanna move Deng so bad?

BigEric
07-03-2013, 10:37 PM
Id be willing to bet my left nut that the Kings are gonna match. They pulled out of the Iggy deal, there is cash to be used. This deal is good for Sacramento, bad for NO, as weird as that sounds. Kings know what they pay Reke and can focus on a starting SF like AK47.

Hawkeye15
07-03-2013, 10:44 PM
Id be willing to bet my left nut that the Kings are gonna match. They pulled out of the Iggy deal, there is cash to be used. This deal is good for Sacramento, bad for NO, as weird as that sounds. Kings know what they pay Reke and can focus on a starting SF like AK47.

they are going to match a stupid deal for Reke after drafting Mclemore?

your left nut is gone in an intelligent world. But, it is the Kings....

Stunner
07-03-2013, 10:45 PM
Considering your from Chicago, I assume you are a Bulls fan... Why do Bulls fans wanna move Deng so bad?

Jimmy Butler , and not to mention Gordon is everything we want in a guard and him and Rose expressed wanting to play together again someday . They played together on an AAU team and had the Eric and Derrick show . I know Eric had some freak minor injuries and then the Knee but he says he's feeling better and in shape now . Ill take a gamble on the 24 year old , only willing to risk it with the rise of Jimmy . It's a fair trade for both sides . Bulls get the guard they looked for to fit Derrick , Pelicans get a SF glue guy on an expiring .

Hawkeye15
Its not my money. :)

What do you think he is worth in a four year deal? Small market teams have to go out on a limb sometimes to bring in all star talent and i totally get that. They're not going to command discounts.

Evans? 3 years, $21 million is is worth. But hey, I am not a desperate GM.

Since when is Evans an all star talent?

kblo247

Not buying it.

EG is a short 2, Joe Dumars may take him like he did Ben Gordon. They got to hit the floor anyhow.

Hawkeye15
07-03-2013, 10:46 PM
Why in God's name would Chicago amnesty Boozer now? They would just lose an above average big for nothing. It's not like they'd get any cap space.

If they amnesty him, it makes much more sense to do it next year when Deng's contract comes off the books.

you missed the "they should have already done it" part.

It should have been done after the CBA agreement was made.

Hawkeye15
07-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Nothing wrong with this deal, I think Sacramento would be dumb not to match.

why? They just drafted his replacement, and this contract is highly overpaid.

Stunner
07-03-2013, 10:48 PM
Bulls rather give up Deng than Boozer , scoring efficient PF aren't on the market at the moment to replace him . Let Boozer go would do more harm than good , we become worse offensively . Taj can't start

kblo247
07-03-2013, 10:48 PM
No chance to play him at the 3, that's suicide for him and his team

Considering Aminu is the 3 I don't see why he wouldn't start there assuming they want him, Holiday, and Gordon. rivers plays backup to Holiday and Vasqueez backs up the 2 and 3

Avenged
07-03-2013, 10:51 PM
I like it a lot.

Tyreke and Davis is a sexy duo.

FOXHOUND
07-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Yeah, pretty sure the Kings group was dancing when they learned of this offer. Probably the reason they haven't offered him anything themselves.

True Sports Fan
07-03-2013, 10:52 PM
Jimmy Butler , and not to mention Gordon is everything we want in a guard and him and Rose expressed wanting to play together again someday . They played together on an AAU team and had the Eric and Derrick show . I know Eric had some freak minor injuries and then the Knee but he says he's feeling better and in shape now . Ill take a gamble on the 24 year old , only willing to risk it with the rise of Jimmy . It's a fair trade for both sides . Bulls get the guard they looked for to fit Derrick , Pelicans get a SF glue guy on an expiring . Alright, fair enough. I'm probably in the minority here but I love his game. don't want him anywhere near the Kings though given our current situation

True Sports Fan
07-03-2013, 10:56 PM
Considering Aminu is the 3 I don't see why he wouldn't start there assuming they want him, Holiday, and Gordon. rivers plays backup to Holiday and Vasqueez backs up the 2 and 3

Like I have said... Reke doesn't want to play SF. So doubt that's why he signed unless he was so impressed with their pitch he's willing to slide to SF. Probably promised a sixth man role, or that EG is on his way out.

Stunner
On of Evans big parts of him signing I heard is that he refused to play the SF spot , he hates it after that situation In Sac .

bholly
If NO really want him, I'd be surprised if the Kings came away with nothing. They can make a pretty credible threat to match - in which case they could force a S+T anytime before Tyreke signs the offer sheet - or if they just want to keep him they can just wait and then match. Only way they don't get something is if they won't match and NO calls their bluff and signs him to the offer sheet, but that's a pretty ballsy move on NO's part if they really want him.

Stunner
07-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Vas for Reke is fair

still1ballin
07-03-2013, 11:08 PM
Great signing! Pelicans are becoming legit. I am happy for them.

kozelkid
07-03-2013, 11:20 PM

you missed the "they should have already done it" part.

It should have been done after the CBA agreement was made.

Again, why? They would not have the cap space to replace him with a better player; that's my point.

Stunner
07-03-2013, 11:26 PM
Using the Amnstey on any player while you're too deep in the tax is stupid, I hear Thunder fans saying to do that with Perkins , it would help you sign a current free agent either.

Hawkeye15
07-03-2013, 11:35 PM
Again, why? They would not have the cap space to replace him with a better player; that's my point.

Flexibility, while understanding Thibs is the real reason you are good.

Kashmir13579
07-03-2013, 11:41 PM
Evans? 3 years, $21 million is is worth. But hey, I am not a desperate GM.

Since when is Evans an all star talent?

Since when isn't Evans all star talent?

21 million, Evans? JR Smith will get more than that.

Stunner
07-03-2013, 11:48 PM

Players get zero credit ..... Thibs Thibs Thibs , while I agree he has a huge part lets not act like the players aren't busting their *** out there playing hurt and too much .

Stunner
07-03-2013, 11:50 PM
Again using the Amensty on Boozer makes no sense , he comes off In 2015 like we always wanted . We were. Never putting our stock into 2014 .

Hawkeye15
07-03-2013, 11:54 PM
Since when isn't Evans all star talent?

21 million, Evans? JR Smith will get more than that.

Do you have a Knicks perspective? Where overpays happen by the minute?

Hawkeye15
07-03-2013, 11:56 PM
Players get zero credit ..... Thibs Thibs Thibs , while I agree he has a huge part lets not act like the players aren't busting their *** out there playing hurt and too much .

Well, we disagree to a point. Thibs is the reason you were able to compete without Rose. No doubt the Bulls have physical talent, but he is a top 2 coach in the game. He won Rose an MVP.

Stunner
07-04-2013, 12:08 AM
Not having this Rose MVP discussion again , that season went hand and hand they helped each other . That roster was built poorly offensively and was full of injuries . I'm just going to leave it at that . Lebron , Howard and Rose deserved it , can't get mad any selection but many will choose to nitpick . I know what happen that season ; as much of an impact Thibs had defensively with a mostly defensive molded Roster , Rose basically was the offense .

IversonIsKrazy
07-04-2013, 12:10 AM
Thas a LOT of guards on that squad. Gordon will be gone forsure. But they still got Jrue/Vasquez & Reke/Rivers to spread minutes along. I hope to see a Deng-Gordon swap. Then I can defs see either Vasquez or Rivers traded by deadline or next off-season. But a Jrue/Reke back-court can be deadly in the future *IF* Reke develops a consistent jumper.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-04-2013, 12:14 AM
Well, we disagree to a point. Thibs is the reason you were able to compete without Rose. No doubt the Bulls have physical talent, but he is a top 2 coach in the game. He won Rose an MVP.

Bulls wouldn't be any better by amnestying Boozer nor gain any flexibility. Makes 0 sense to do it prior to next summer when removing his contract gives us significant cap room. We do it now and were just short another big with still no money to do anything about it. Regardless of who is the coach it's just not a smart personnel decision which is why he's still on the team.

flea
07-04-2013, 12:15 AM
I'm sure some of the guards are going to be gone (Vasquez and Gordon probably) but I like the idea. They have good jump shooting big men and surround them with big and physical wings that can get to the rim. Still want to see how SF shakes out what other big men they get on board. I'm sure at least one more trade is coming for the Pelicans.

NYKHeart23
07-04-2013, 01:00 AM
Just wondering, why is nobody mentioning Austin Rivers? I guess with Holiday and now possibly Reke they didn't have much confidence in him moving forward? I mean they took the guy #10 last year?

ombada
07-04-2013, 01:06 AM
There have been reports this offseason that the Pacers are interested in Lopez for Green and there have been reports in the past that a Granger/Gordon deal may have been in the works

I dont know how i feel about Gordon, he is oft injured, but he would fit our team well. Granger is what the Pelicans need at SF.

So why not a deal of Granger/Green for Gordon/Lopez plus whatever add ins would be needed to make a deal work?

Avenged
07-04-2013, 01:17 AM
Just wondering, why is nobody mentioning Austin Rivers? I guess with Holiday and now possibly Reke they didn't have much confidence in him moving forward? I mean they took the guy #10 last year?

Probably because he put up a horrendous season.

smiddy012
07-04-2013, 02:52 AM

Rose, Gordon, JB, Mirotic, & Noah would be such an incredible and fun core to watch for the rest of the decade.....

I'd think we would have pulled the trigger if it were as simple as a Deng for Gordon swap. In fact I see little to no reason why we would've denied that supposed trade. Maybe I'm missing something?

JayW_1023
07-04-2013, 04:19 AM
They need a shooter in the worst way. Can't have two drive and kick guys in Evans and Holiday.

sacgiants1213
07-04-2013, 04:20 AM
Kings trade Evans to Hornets for Grevis Vasquez/Robin Lopez

Kings will not match New Orleans Pelicans 4 year, $44 million offer sheet to Tyreke Evans. Dealing for Vasquez and Lopez.

https://twitter.com/ailene_voisin/status/352697466178637825

Covers Kings for Sac Bee.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/sports/kings/archives/2013/07/kings-will-not-match-offer-to-keep-tyreke-evans.html

JLynn943
07-04-2013, 04:45 AM
:bang::bang::bang:

:pity:

Trueblue2
07-04-2013, 06:09 AM

The same reason nobody is mentioning Jimmer Fredette.

PhillyFaninLA
07-04-2013, 07:08 AM

Good call Pelicans...

Maybe they should try and trade for Rondo now

flclfanman
07-04-2013, 07:52 AM
It looks like New Orleans is creating a logjam at the guard position with Holiday, Gordon,Evans, and Rivers all while needing a vet wing.

Trade My Bulls Gordon for Deng. Good defensive guard with AS experience and is expiring next year to give you some cap flexibility.

Bulls really need another shot creator and Gordon/Rose have chemistry back in their AAU days.

Pretty Please? :sad2:

kozelkid
07-04-2013, 09:40 AM

I'm well aware.

That said, in 2010 we had cap space to use or lose.

Giving away Boozer does nothing for us. There was no upgrade out there nor would we have the cap space to do anything.

In spite of his detriments, I'd rather have him than not have him and have a below average big in his stead.

king4day
07-04-2013, 09:42 AM
Lopez has got to hate this. He went to New Orleans because he wanted to start.
One year later, it's looking like he's returning to a backup.

jp611
07-04-2013, 09:46 AM
Kings ****ing fleeced the pelicans here

Vasquez and Lopez for Evans... That's a haul for a shooting guard that can't shoot

nycericanguy
07-04-2013, 09:47 AM
Wow... Pelicans went from a position of power to losing this trade IMO.

Vasquez is a very good young PG with a good demeanor. I'd rather have him on my team than Tyreke, and that's not even considering contracts.

And Lopez is a solid C.

Not a good deal for NOLA.

The Jrue thing was questionable as well.

JeffG20
07-04-2013, 09:50 AM
Kings ****ing fleeced the pelicans here

Vasquez and Lopez for Evans... That's a haul for a shooting guard that can't shoot

well they have gotten perhaps the worst Defending PG in the league and a Center that cant rebound or score

JeffG20
07-04-2013, 09:52 AM
I love Vasquez, but it felt like playing 5 vs 4 on a nightly basis.

Jarvo
07-04-2013, 09:52 AM
I see alot of people crying about this lol let them play a game first and see what else moves they make.

HouRealCoach
07-04-2013, 09:55 AM
Davis with Gordon, Holiday, Evans, & Anderson backing him up is good business

nycericanguy
07-04-2013, 10:01 AM
I love Vasquez, but it felt like playing 5 vs 4 on a nightly basis.

Nash was a bad defender too, very few teams have lineups where all 5 guys defend.

I just think it's a bad move, I was shocked really to hear what NOLA was going. Trading a young C & PG who make a combined $6.5m for a guy making $11m per that has not had success in the league and plays a position you already have filled? A SG that can't shoot...

I guess they have a trade lined up for Gordon... but that's alot of money for a rebuilding team to take on.

TheNumber37
07-04-2013, 10:15 AM
Nash was a bad defender too, very few teams have lineups where all 5 guys defend.

I just think it's a bad move, I was shocked really to hear what NOLA was going. Trading a young C & PG who make a combined $6.5m for a guy making $11m per that has not had success in the league and plays a position you already have filled? A SG that can't shoot...

I guess they have a trade lined up for Gordon... but that's alot of money for a rebuilding team to take on.

Tyrke just needs a fresh start. I think it's quite the steal for someone who is only 23 and not but 3 years ago was ROY with 20, 5, 5 numbers.

It's very possible he starts the 3 or that he plays Eric Gordon (who has a worse deal IMO) out of town for a bruising big, they can probably snag one from Utah for EG

superwill
07-04-2013, 10:17 AM
Lopez has got to hate this. He went to New Orleans because he wanted to start.
One year later, it's looking like he's returning to a backup.

Or maybe Demarcus is on his way out ,like tyrke didn't want to be in sac town Demarcus may want to go also

JeffG20
07-04-2013, 10:19 AM

but I think they are more or less done with the rebuilding point anyway...at some point you have to not aim for lotto picks and have to try to win games. they have their future in Davis...time to build around him with guys that are very young and can contribute more then any draft pick could at the moment.

as for the Evans being the manu type role I don't believe that for 1 second. I think they have said that because they must have something lined up. but if they have a trade for Gordon fall through you don't want to hurt his feelings anymore because he's proven to be fragile mentally and physically.

nolafan33
07-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Wow... Pelicans went from a position of power to losing this trade IMO.

Vasquez is a very good young PG with a good demeanor. I'd rather have him on my team than Tyreke, and that's not even considering contracts.

And Lopez is a solid C.

Not a good deal for NOLA.

The Jrue thing was questionable as well.

This is an excellent deal for us. There is nothing "very good" about Vasquez. He is a solid backup guard, but nothing more. He is one of the worst defenders in the league, he is an inefficient scorer, turns the ball over a ton, and probably had his assists inflated by the system he played in.

Lopez is a solid C, but also better suited for a backup role. Defensively he is too slow to cover the pick and roll and has the rebound rate of a player who plays on the wing, meaning he is probably the worst rebounding center in the league.

We traded to stop gaps who had no future with the team anyway for a proven young talented player.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-04-2013, 11:06 AM
If I was the kings I'd trade cousins to the cavs for as much as they would give....

shep33
07-04-2013, 11:21 AM
One of the more underrated point guard in the NBA is General Greivous.

Like it for the Kings. I still don't get it for the Pelicans with Gordon still there.

True Sports Fan
07-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Like it for the Kings, wish we didn't have to take Robin Lopez, but he'll still be a solid backup

JLynn943
07-04-2013, 11:57 AM
The Kings are getting destroyed in this trade. We now have no one positions 1-3 that can play defense and are getting an overpaid backup. We're getting two players each with one decent season who only play one half of the game each and we're giving up a great talent who wanted to stay until we continually ignored him and who has been stuck playing on directionless teams with **** coaches and bad players his whole career. before the end of this year it will be apparent to everyone just how terrible this trade is and why the Kings are never going anywhere.

HowBoutDemBulls
07-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Good trade for the Kings. They already have a headcase thug in Cousins, didn't need to deal with Tyreke too.

lakers4sho
07-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Great trade for the Kings! They finally have a PG that can run the offense.

h2r09
07-04-2013, 12:15 PM
it seems the hornets are specializing in over paying for good but not great sg's.

zn23
07-04-2013, 12:17 PM
At least this eliminates that ridiculous Jrue Holiday trade. I would rather have Evans than Holidy anyway... If Evans plays PG.

b@llhog24
07-04-2013, 12:17 PM
Wtf is going on here? :confused:

JeffG20
07-04-2013, 12:22 PM
At least this eliminates that ridiculous Jrue Holiday trade. I would rather have Evans than Holidy anyway... If Evans plays PG.

Evans isn't playing PG

topdog
07-04-2013, 12:25 PM
I guess we shouldn't have trusted the ESPN analysts when they said Vasquez had some real value on the trade market?

True Sports Fan
07-04-2013, 12:26 PM
“@sam_amick: Per @ailene_voisin report on Kings/NO trade, no deal done but scenario would send Robin Lopez to Portland, Vasquez to Sac, Evans to Pelicans”

Crackadalic
07-04-2013, 12:29 PM
“@sam_amick: Per @ailene_voisin report on Kings/NO trade, no deal done but scenario would send Robin Lopez to Portland, Vasquez to Sac, Evans to Pelicans”

I guess this makes more sense but I'm assuming the pelicans are getting draft picks

True Sports Fan
07-04-2013, 12:33 PM
I guess this makes more sense but I'm assuming the pelicans are getting draft picks

Why would the Pelicans get picks? They are getting the best player in the deal... Easily. If anything, Sacramento should be receiving extra picks

JLynn943
07-04-2013, 12:33 PM
Great trade for the Kings! They finally have a PG that can run the offense.

and zero players to play defense! Wiggins here we come!

JLynn943
07-04-2013, 12:34 PM
Why would the Pelicans get picks? They are getting the best player in the deal... Easily. If anything, Sacramento should be receiving extra picks

yeah, my guess is a second from Portland...

True Sports Fan
07-04-2013, 12:34 PM
and zero players to play defense! Wiggins here we come!

Come on bud.. We both know we won't be getting Wiggins with our luck in the lotto.

JLynn943
07-04-2013, 12:35 PM
Come on bud.. We both know we won't be getting Wiggins with our luck in the lotto.

:laugh2: I know, but it's all I can hope for at this point

JeffG20
I really don't like losing lopez...because quite frankly he's better then anything available at the moment. but still cant complain too much

Spiggity_ace
pelicans got jrue, y would tyreke go there?

He should go to a team where he would have a chance to be ball dominant, cuz that's when he's a great player. Detroit should have pursued him.

ManRam
07-04-2013, 12:37 PM
i like it for both teams :shrug: don't think either got screwed, ripped off or whatever.

JeffG20
07-04-2013, 12:38 PM
i like it for both teams :shrug: don't think either got screwed, ripped off or whatever.

I agree....but I still would like to know who we are putting at center, and SF for that matter.

True Sports Fan
07-04-2013, 12:38 PM
:laugh2: I know, but it's all I can hope for at this point

Might as well... Sacramento is definitely due our fair share.

shen
07-04-2013, 12:42 PM
Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick 27m

Per @ailene_voisin report on Kings/NO trade, no deal done but scenario would send Robin Lopez to Portland, Vasquez to Sac, Evans to Pelicans
Retweeted by David Aldridge

RipCity32
07-04-2013, 12:44 PM
That's a pretty good deal for Sacramento.

ManRam
07-04-2013, 12:47 PM
I agree....but I still would like to know who we are putting at center, and SF for that matter.

I'm sure they'll figure it out.

There is a hole at C now, but in the end, I don't think losing Lopez is anything to be worried about. EASILY replaceable.

True Sports Fan
07-04-2013, 12:50 PM
I'm sure they'll figure it out.

There is a hole at C now, but in the end, I don't think losing Lopez is anything to be worried about. EASILY replaceable. Agreed.. That's why I wasn't too interested when he was added in the deal. Thankfully Portland is taking his contract from us.

JeffG20
07-04-2013, 12:55 PM
Lopez was certainly more serviceable then people give him credit for. Anyway I still don't see anyone out there that's really any better. I'm just nitpicking at this point anyway. I will miss sideshow bob

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Maybe they're still going after Iggy. Grevis and Robin combined make nearly 7.5 million this upcoming season and I would assume that Tyreke would make roughly 10.5 million this upcoming season.

nolafan33
07-04-2013, 12:57 PM
One of the more underrated point guard in the NBA is General Greivous.

Like it for the Kings. I still don't get it for the Pelicans with Gordon still there.

Evans will supposedly be a "super sub" coming off the bench but still playing starters minutes.

We're building towards the playoffs when you only play 7 or 8 guys anyway.

jp611
07-04-2013, 12:58 PM

Deng for Gordon makes so much sense

True Sports Fan
07-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Lopez was certainly more serviceable then people give him credit for. Anyway I still don't see anyone out there that's really any better. I'm just nitpicking at this point anyway. I will miss sideshow bob
From Kings viewpoint, no need for another serviceable player getting paid 5M + with Salmons, Thornton, Hayes already filling that void...

JeffG20
i'd love that

abe_froman
good deal for both sides,really like it for sac

DukeOvErl
07-04-2013, 01:03 PM
works for me id rather not have the lopez kid, but id also rather sign tony douglas than have vasquez...looks like jimmer & some others might be out there for some trade moves..

sacgiants1213
07-04-2013, 01:11 PM
pelicans got jrue, y would tyreke go there?

Probably because they offered him the best contract :shrug:

sacgiants1213
07-04-2013, 01:13 PM
Maybe they're still going after Iggy. Grevis and Robin combined make nearly 7.5 million this upcoming season and I would assume that Tyreke would make roughly 10.5 million this upcoming season.

This seems to be the popular opinion. Them not taking Robin's contract gives the Kings more money. They have roughly 13 mil in cap right now but amnestying Salmons gives them 19-20 mil. They can easily sign Iggy and he really does complete that team. Plus a Vasquez/McLemore/Iguodala/Patterson/Cousins team could actually make some noise under Mike Malone.

shen
07-04-2013, 01:15 PM

Because no better C in the entire league that is as cheap as Lopez.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Yeah he wasted a few years in sac after winning ROY. He's played pg,sg,sf they didn't know how to play him. He can be a strong candidate for MIP next yr depending on how he fits in NOP

That sig is pretty ironic coming from a Laker fan...

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-04-2013, 01:53 PM
This seems to be the popular opinion. Them not taking Robin's contract gives the Kings more money. They have roughly 13 mil in cap right now but amnestying Salmons gives them 19-20 mil. They can easily sign Iggy and he really does complete that team. Plus a Vasquez/McLemore/Iguodala/Patterson/Cousins team could actually make some noise under Mike Malone.

I was talking about the Pelicans, lol. But yeah maybe the Kings are doing that too.

JeffG20
07-04-2013, 02:00 PM
I don't see that being possible financially lol...but oh man

Bruins2012
07-04-2013, 03:23 PM
Good trade all around.

THE MTL
07-04-2013, 03:27 PM
So pelicans still got plenty cap space cause of this move. They not finished.

FOXHOUND
07-04-2013, 03:31 PM
If this happens then I think the Kings are absolutely robbing the Pelicans lol.

True Sports Fan
07-04-2013, 03:31 PM
So pelicans still got plenty cap space cause of this move. They not finished.

Only spent about 4M on this trade? But either way I don't think they will make another significant move.

Lake_Show2416
07-04-2013, 04:14 PM
Kings got a steal in Vasquez

Vasquez >>>> Tyreke

idk wut the Pelicans r doing, all 3 players they have in the back court needs the ball, Tyreke cant shoot & I'm not gonna take the ball away from an all star PG in Holiday just so Tyreke can b slightly effective

DR_1
07-04-2013, 04:17 PM

Not buying it.

Why would we amnesty Boozer when we can't get anyone better to replace him?

Stunner
07-04-2013, 04:57 PM
3:39pm: Jose Calderon has passed on an opportunity to sign with the Kings, clearing the way for the team to complete the three-way agreement that would see Vasquez land in Sacramento, tweets Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports. Wojnarowski adds (via Twitter) that the Pelicans had been hoping to sign Calderon and move Vasquez elsewhere.

FOXHOUND
07-04-2013, 05:15 PM

Vasquez >>>> Tyreke

idk wut the Pelicans r doing, all 3 players they have in the back court needs the ball, Tyreke cant shoot & I'm not gonna take the ball away from an all star PG in Holiday just so Tyreke can b slightly effective

My thoughts on this deal, as well.

Seems like with the AAU connection and friendship since between Eric Gordon, Jrue Holiday and Tyreke Evans that this offseason has been all about appeasing Gordon and trying to keep him long term for the Pelicans. I don't really get it, cause I agree with you that they don't fit. They'll also be paying them about $36M a year for the trio, and to me they're not nearly good enough to warrant that kind of pay.

KniCks4LiFe
07-04-2013, 05:19 PM
damn Eke and Jrue on the same backcourt *insert DeAndre meme here*

Korman12
07-04-2013, 05:21 PM
Better for that Sixers' pick not being in the top five. Sorry, I'm being selfish.

dolfan720
07-04-2013, 06:13 PM

Vasquez >>>> Tyreke

Vasquez is good but not as good as Tyreke. Tyreke has high potential

Hawkeye15
07-04-2013, 06:20 PM
very good deal for the Kings. They get Evans replacement in McLemore for a ton less money, get a legit starting PG, and defensive depth up front, even if I hate Sideshow Bob

Hawkeye15
07-04-2013, 06:21 PM
While I hate the salary for Reke, the Pelicans now at least create more cap space to keep adding. Nice.

Stunner
07-04-2013, 06:24 PM
The Pelicans, Kings, and Trail Blazers have verbally agreed to a three-way deal that will make Tyreke Evans a Pelican, reports ESPN.com's Marc Stein (via Twitter). The deal will send Evans to the Pelicans, Robin Lopez to the Trail Blazers, and Greivis Vasquez to the Kings, with the Blazers sending out picks and cash, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports (via Twitter).

JeffG20
07-04-2013, 06:25 PM
getting Brewer would make me very happy. along with Samuel Dalembert

AI
07-04-2013, 07:38 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
Portland will send Jeff Withey to Pelicans as part of 3-team deal, league source tells Y!

aussie
07-04-2013, 09:51 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
Portland will send Jeff Withey to Pelicans as part of 3-team deal, league source tells Y!

**** yeah, cheaper Lopez replacement. Done!

BigEric
07-05-2013, 12:34 AM
Would've liked to see the Kings nab Withey. Something about this move doesn't sit right for me... there has to be something big coming. DMC extension and mayyybe Iggy?

Vinny642
07-05-2013, 12:36 AM
Demps putting in work.... WOW! Love it, and Evans said he will be fine coming off the bench like a Ginobli role.... and we got money to sign a starting SF like Wright.... and the addition of Withey... I like a lot

IversonIsKrazy
07-05-2013, 01:22 AM
Like the deal overall. Backcourt of Jrue/Reke with Rivers off the bench will be nice. Would like to see Deng for Gordon now.

Vinny642
07-05-2013, 01:27 AM
Like the deal overall. Backcourt of Jrue/Reke with Rivers off the bench will be nice. Would like to see Deng for Gordon now.

I wouldnt

rockbottom2010
07-05-2013, 05:39 AM
PG - Holiday
SG - Gordon
SF- Evans
PF - Andersen
C - Davis

Bench
Rivers
Whitey
Aminu
Amudson
Henry
Miller

This team could be in for the long run...man watch out for them
they are on a serious surge

chitownredbulls
07-05-2013, 05:57 AM
Please...ball dominant guards.....second to last place in the west

2-ONE-5
07-05-2013, 10:26 AM
hate this move for the Pelicans but as a Sixers fan I like it bcuz its better than them lanidng Iggy or Josh Smith. Has to hurt their depth tho too, right?

AddiX
07-05-2013, 10:42 AM
I have no faith in tyreke Evans, I've never waatched him and thought to myself that he gave a damn what was going on in the court, he's a super talented free lance player, who seems incapable of understanding NBA basketball.

Reminds me of Ricky Davis a lot.

DerekRE_3
07-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Vasquez is good but not as good as Tyreke. Tyreke has high potential

No he's not, but Reke isn't worth that contract. If he ever becomes what he should be, then he is. But that's no guarantee. I'm glad the Kings got a solid piece back for him even when it was pretty obvious they weren't going to match that offer.

And having McLemore fall into their laps at 7 helps make this an easy decision.

sixers247
07-05-2013, 11:16 AM
If the pelicans think Vazquez turned it over alot they better not expect keys to be much better. Like it if Gordon stays healthy but if not they have only one shooter

nolafan33
07-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Lets wait and see how the contract is structured before we start talking about if he's worth it or not.

Federal Reserve
07-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Tyreke is a bum with no heart.

True Sports Fan
07-05-2013, 12:14 PM
Lets wait and see how the contract is structured before we start talking about if he's worth it or not.

Pretty sure it's just straight up 11 M per year.. A little expensive to be bringing off the bench considering what EG is getting paid.