PDA

View Full Version : Knicks and Jr Smith are Finalizing a multi-year deal!

Pages : 1 [2]

Clippersfan86
07-04-2013, 01:23 PM
Heh. Unlikely.

Do you read other forums or look at polls on ESPN etc? We are the Knicks west where people find every excuse to put us down and pick apart our flaws as if we are the only ones who have them. Another thing we have in common is the TNT guys like Barkley+Smith hate the Clippers and Knicks with a passion it seems. Never get credit for SH**.

Hustla23
07-04-2013, 01:33 PM
Don't know, the most logical lineup to me is...

Chandler
Bargs
Melo
Shump
Felton

Bargs should start because we've been needing a 4 that can shoot. Bargs post 1 on 1 defense is pretty good from what I've read, it's just his help defense that sucks, but Tyson is a master at help defense so hopefully he can cover up Bargs there somewhat.

I think JR should be off the bench, but either way I think Shump will get 30mpg this year at least. He was on a minutes limit coming off the ACL, but that was lifted late in the year.

LOL at Tyson is a master at help defense. Tyson played no defense last season, let alone masterful help defense.

Clippersfan86
07-04-2013, 01:34 PM
Actually I should add Shump is the one player on your roster with upside that stands out. Bargs regaining old form but hopefully being more efficient and Shump making a leap would obviously lift the Knicks a tier into the ECF potentially. So Bargs and Shump are the X-factors to the Knicks season.

KnickaBocka.44
07-04-2013, 01:56 PM
What "bad" things did I say? All I said was Bargs is in a way going to make or break the Knicks because otherwise they have the same roster, just a year older. If they can add somebody like Elton Brand it would help quite a bit but if they don't, they are a very similar team. The reason the upside is low is because of the age of your core players and the overall roster.

Again I have no PERSONAL beef with the Knicks, just trying to be honest. Trust me the Clippers are more hated or at worst equally to the Knicks in recent years. All I hear is how overrated we are, 1st or 2nd round exit at best, how much we flop.. blah blah. This is not the same thing I'm doing. Not picking apart the Knicks just stating the finances.

Because you try and shove them down everyones throats. The fact that you think the Clippers are anywhere near as hated as the Knicks shows how clueless you are.

All of our core players are in their prime, we dont need them to have upside.

Clippersfan86
07-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Because you try and shove them down everyones throats. The fact that you think the Clippers are anywhere near as hated as the Knicks shows how clueless you are.

All of our core players are in their prime, we dont need them to have upside.

Again I ask if you go anywhere to talk ball besides PSD? Clippers get a TON of hate, similar to the Knicks the last two years. Somebody here recently doubted this and later admitted they saw something on Reddit and the Clippers were easily among the most hated. If it had to do with "shoving it down people's throats" then the Knicks would be the undisputed team at the top of the hate list because like Lakers fans the average Knicks fan is quite obnoxious.

Although there are a few diehard Knicks fans here I like very much.

Chronz
07-04-2013, 02:13 PM
LOL at Tyson is a master at help defense. Tyson played no defense last season, let alone masterful help defense.
LOL at Tyson played no defense. He played great team defense, certainly far better than playing "no defense".

See what I did there?

Hustla23
07-04-2013, 02:24 PM
LOL at Tyson played no defense. He played great team defense, certainly far better than playing "no defense".

See what I did there?

LOL at you thinking Tyson played great team defense this season. Check your eyes.

nyfinest4life
07-04-2013, 02:30 PM
B

phoenix_bladen
07-04-2013, 02:43 PM
mods can u change title to

J.R. Smith Agrees To Four-Year, $24.7M Contract With Knicks

?

anyways i think it's a good move by the knicks, they wouldn't have been able to get the kind of production with any other player for that amount of money. Sure he's a headcase and he faded during the playoffs

but if he's not ur 2nd scorer on the team he's a real help.

I think it's a blessing in disguise that he faded during the playoffs, now teams are scared to give him more pay then he would have had it played well.

24 for 4 years is very reasonable as he isn't exactly overpaid and even if it doesn't work out, i'm sure he's not too hard to trade.

THE MTL
07-04-2013, 03:43 PM

See what I did there?

LOL at you thinking Tyson played great team defense this season. Check your eyes.

He did make first team all nba defense lol

Sports Illustrator
07-05-2013, 02:24 AM
It looks like J.R. Smith's deal with the Knicks is now completed.

You may talk about the finalized deal in the link below:

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?827174-Knicks-and-Jr-Smith-are-Finalizing-a-multi-year-deal!/page18