PDA

View Full Version : Bucks closing in on OJ Mayo

waveycrockett
07-03-2013, 02:50 PM
The Milwaukee Bucks are moving closer to a deal with O.J. Mayo.

Mayo spent last season with the Dallas Mavericks.

Mayo would presumably replace free agent Monta Ellis.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

O.J. Mayo, Milwaukee Bucks, Dallas Mavericks, NB

AI
07-03-2013, 02:50 PM
Milwaukee is nearing a deal to sign free agent guard O.J. Mayo, league sources tell Y Sports.

Woj

Aust
07-03-2013, 02:53 PM
I'm guessing they'll overpay

D-Leethal
07-03-2013, 02:54 PM
Come back home JR.

True Sports Fan
07-03-2013, 02:55 PM
Mayo / Korver on the wings? Interesting

king4day
07-03-2013, 02:56 PM
I wonder if he gave in and signed long term finally

Gators123
07-03-2013, 02:59 PM
This should be interesting..

Ollie Tabooger
07-03-2013, 02:59 PM
Why... JUST REBUILD FULLY ALREADY

cubs1st
07-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Have fun with him.

True Sports Fan
07-03-2013, 03:05 PM

Areed... Should rebuild around Larry Sanders, Henson and a top pick. But instead, they rather go out and overpay guys like Korver, Mayo who won't make them significantly better, but not much worse. Even if they lose Jennings and Ellis, they may sneak in 8th seed, but once again get swept. And then they traded Harris for J.J, who averaged 17 / 8 then they just let J.J go for two second round picks. Just don't understand what their plan is

AI
07-03-2013, 03:06 PM

If Mayo plays well, they could trade him for future pieces/picks. Makes sense for MIL.

Chucky Woods
07-03-2013, 03:07 PM
The Bucks FO is a ****ing joke. My blood pressure rises everytime I see them make a move.

waveycrockett
07-03-2013, 03:09 PM
Mayo / Korver on the wings? Interesting

As starters? More like pathetic.

Stunner
07-03-2013, 03:11 PM
Oj doesn't want to win , and a bad fit if Jennings comes back

Jtirado16
07-03-2013, 03:12 PM
My oh my Mayo... Terrible Choice!

waveycrockett
07-03-2013, 03:12 PM
The BUCKS GM needs to put down the 4 Lokos.

Crackadalic
07-03-2013, 03:13 PM
Lol bucks need to tank not be a fringe playoff team

AI
07-03-2013, 03:14 PM
If they have the cash and the contract is reasonable, why not? They could look to trade him un the near future and turn cash into prospects and picks.

waveycrockett
07-03-2013, 03:15 PM
Lol bucks need to tank not be a fringe playoff team

At this point they wouldn't even bee a fringe playoff team. More like a team always in the 7-10 spot in the draft

BigBlueCrew
07-03-2013, 03:15 PM
noooooo take JR!!!

True Sports Fan
07-03-2013, 03:16 PM
As starters? More like pathetic.

Yeah, I agree. Was just saying interesting Bucks thing it'd actually work out, lol. Have no idea what they are doing.. Don't think they have any idea either for that matter.

waveycrockett
07-03-2013, 03:17 PM
If they have the cash and the contract is reasonable, why not? They could look to trade him un the near future and turn cash into prospects and picks.

Because thats how dumb teams run a franchise

Stunner
Because its OJ lol they should have saved that money for next off season and offer it to restricted players to where the teams can't match

Stunner
Jr to Dallas

abe_froman
07-03-2013, 03:18 PM
....and the bulls board just threw a hissy fit lol

Aust
07-03-2013, 03:31 PM

lol

Aust
07-03-2013, 03:31 PM

lol

NYKnickFanatic
07-03-2013, 03:47 PM
NY is waiting for you JR!

:dance:

NYKnickFanatic
07-03-2013, 03:47 PM
Jr to Dallas

Never.

Jarvo
07-03-2013, 03:50 PM
He should've stayed will The Mavs

True Sports Fan
07-03-2013, 03:51 PM
Never.

Think Dallas feels the same way.

kozelkid
07-03-2013, 03:52 PM
Because thats how dumb teams run a franchise

I'd hardly constitute it as dumb. They, like many other small market franchises, seem to care more about the bottom figure than being a competitive team in this league.

They are more motivated about getting enough ticket sales than take the chance of being one of the worst teams in the league for a 4-5 years in hopes of landing that franchise player (which is no guarantee when you look at some of the other bottomfeeders that have been there for a decade if not more).

It's a shame, but they'll be exactly where they want to be, a borderline playoff team, which is not very hard to be in the East.

D-Leethal
07-03-2013, 03:54 PM
I think the Bucks sit at the conference table, pass around a cartridge of nitrus, put the trade machine on the projector and see what happens.

"Whatever happens is in Gods hands"

Nothing else makes sense.

NYKnickFanatic
07-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Think Dallas feels the same way.

I hope so lol

NYKINFL
07-03-2013, 03:57 PM
NY is waiting for you JR!

:dance:

I don't why you're so happy to have JR back because he's not going show up when we need him the most in the playoff's, I hope JR walks.

D-Leethal
07-03-2013, 03:59 PM
I don't why you're so happy to have JR back because he's not going show up when we need him the most in the playoff's, I hope JR walks.

Yep, I guess Wade and Bosh will never show up in the playoffs again right.

Thats how it works?

JR goes into slumps and he goes on hot streaks - he fell into one of his slumps at the worst time. There is no line drawn in the sand that says you can't perform in the playoffs and a different line where you can. Thats just silly.

JR is still a supremely talented SG in this league and we don't have the luxury to throw that type of talent away, especially if we can get him on the cheap, which we would if he returns.

IversonIsKrazy
07-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Is OJ ever going to be a good player on a good team? I was hoping to see him on the Bulls or Pacers.

Brew Crew
07-03-2013, 04:03 PM
No. Our 200 year old owner needs to stop getting into business that should be taken care of by the GM and rest of the FO. This is the same type of crap that happened with our previous GM Larry Harris as well..resigning guys like Dan Gadzuric, John Salmons and probably Brandon Jennings and signing FA's like Bobby Simmons and Drew Gooden...The rumors we hear are that our senile owner Herb Kohl likes to butt in on player moves and it started back in 2001 with the dismantling of Ray Allen, Glenn Robinson, and Sam Cassell.

I just don't get our plan. 2 of the last 3 drafts we've picked the youngest player, yet we traded Tobias away for a crappy 2-month rental at SG and we constantly try these win-now moves signing role players to huge deals.

This is one of those occasions where you can call your front office stupid and it is 100 percent true.

NYKINFL
07-03-2013, 04:06 PM

Thats how it works?

JR goes into slumps and he goes on hot streaks - he fell into one of his slumps at the worst time. There is no line drawn in the sand that says you can't perform in the playoffs and a different line where you can. Thats just silly.

JR is still a supremely talented SG in this league and we don't have the luxury to throw that type of talent away, especially if we can get him on the cheap, which we would if he returns.
Well D he never seems to go on hot streaks in the playoff's, he didn't for Denver nor the Knicks. More than likely he'll end up with us; all I'm saying is I can't take another lack luster slump from him in the playoff's.

Max.This
07-03-2013, 04:07 PM
No. Our 200 year old owner needs to stop getting into business that should be taken care of by the GM and rest of the FO. This is the same type of crap that happened with our previous GM Larry Harris as well..resigning guys like Dan Gadzuric, John Salmons and probably Brandon Jennings and signing FA's like Bobby Simmons and Drew Gooden...The rumors we hear are that our senile owner Herb Kohl likes to butt in on player moves and it started back in 2001 with the dismantling of Ray Allen, Glenn Robinson, and Sam Cassell.

I just don't get our plan. 2 of the last 3 drafts we've picked the youngest player, yet we traded Tobias away for a crappy 2-month rental at SG and we constantly try these win-now moves signing role players to huge deals.

This is one of those occasions where you can call your front office stupid and it is 100 percent true.

i know how you feel. The knicks have been terrible for a long time.

D-Leethal
07-03-2013, 04:09 PM
Well D he never seems to go on hot streaks in the playoff's, he didn't for Denver nor the Knicks. More than likely he'll end up with us; all I'm saying is I can't take another lack luster slump from him in the playoff's.

JR's inconsistency is an issue, but the bigger issue was the fact that our team completely relied on a historically inconsistent JR's scoring punch as a necessity for success. Thats a Knick issue. If Bargs can give us 16ppg that is no longer an issue because we have more than 1 guy who can be that second scorer for us.

AI
07-03-2013, 04:09 PM
i know how you feel. The knicks have been terrible for a long time.

The Knicks were a 2 seed last year and went to 6 games in the ECS. Bucks got swept un the first round and are losing arguably their two best players in FA. Don't think it's an accurate comparison since both organizations are trending in different directions.

Brew Crew
07-03-2013, 04:10 PM
Yeah well you're not in danger of losing your team...but I suppose that's why the Bucks have been puling these types of moves.

OJ Mayo will be sick of this city as soon as the middle of October when our weather matches the shittyness of the team.

bleedprple&gold
07-03-2013, 04:13 PM
Bucks need to tank and build through the draft. Mayo is the biggest star they are going to get to come their through free agency.

NYKINFL
07-03-2013, 04:17 PM
JR's inconsistency is an issue, but the bigger issue was the fact that our team completely relied on a historically inconsistent JR's scoring punch as a necessity for success. Thats a Knick issue. If Bargs can give us 16ppg that is no longer an issue because we have more than 1 guy who can be that second scorer for us.

And that's why I don't think its going to be an issue next season, I feel we can live without him. He's not a must have on this team anymore and I'd much rather give shump the chance to develop offensively.

NYKnickFanatic
07-03-2013, 04:30 PM

Thats how it works?

And not to make excuses, but he was playing with a bad knee.

dolfan720
07-03-2013, 05:07 PM
OJ is gonna finally break out and I will be laughing

topdog
07-03-2013, 08:58 PM
The Knicks were a 2 seed last year and went to 6 games in the ECS. Bucks got swept un the first round and are losing arguably their two best players in FA. Don't think it's an accurate comparison since both organizations are trending in different directions.

Not trying to start anything, but here's a different way to look at it: Milwaukee is about to lose it's 2 most expensive/overpaid players while New York is stuck paying Amaré nearly $20M for 2 more years.

NoahH
07-03-2013, 09:33 PM
Now the question is who is a worse fit next to B Jennings? Mayo or Monta?

shep33
07-03-2013, 09:39 PM
Bucks FO seems like a mess. I don't get what they're doing

Giannis94
07-03-2013, 10:02 PM
Bucks FO seems like a mess. I don't get what they're doing

Bucks fans don't either. Being a completely ****** team with inability to get lottery picks while being competitie enough to be in the 11-15 range consistently since 2002.

Hawkeye15
07-03-2013, 10:05 PM
let Redick walk, but pay Mayo the same money. Not making sense.

shep33
07-03-2013, 10:06 PM
Bucks fans don't either. Being a completely ****** team with inability to get lottery picks while being competitie enough to be in the 11-15 range consistently since 2002.

It's a strange spot. I don't get what Mayo does for them. Haha I somewhat know what you feel like. Our FO is run by a bunch of idiots lately.

Bucks can reset fast though, which is what is shocking. Let Jennings go, tank, and get one of Jennings, Parker, Smart, etc.

At least try

Giannis94
07-03-2013, 10:15 PM
It's a strange spot. I don't get what Mayo does for them. Haha I somewhat know what you feel like. Our FO is run by a bunch of idiots lately.

Bucks can reset fast though, which is what is shocking. Let Jennings go, tank, and get one of Jennings, Parker, Smart, etc.

At least try

We can reset our mindset because we know we have the Packers in Wisco and the Bucks are going to be moving unless Herby gets a stadium ASAP!

BlinkManJan02
07-03-2013, 10:16 PM
I wonder if his half brother playing for Marquette influenced this decision at all. Kind of cool they will be playing on the same court.