PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Gay Available?

TorontoHuskies
07-02-2013, 07:46 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/02/report-pistons-want-to-trade-for-rajon-rondo-rudy-gay/

BHF
07-02-2013, 07:50 PM
Report: Pistons want to trade for Rajon Rondo, Rudy Gay

now where does it say Rudy Gay available?

TorontoHuskies
07-02-2013, 07:56 PM
Report: Pistons want to trade for Rajon Rondo, Rudy Gay

now where does it say Rudy Gay available?

notice the question mark

slaker619
07-02-2013, 08:06 PM
Would like him to stay on Raptors tho

diu9leilomo
07-02-2013, 08:18 PM
PLEASE NO, other than drummond and monroe theres are NO other valuable assets from detroit

bucketss
07-02-2013, 08:19 PM
gay for their pick and stuckey/knight or some crap

torontosports10
07-02-2013, 08:29 PM
Trade him for nothing. I don't care. I want to be as bad as possible to get the higher pick possible and it seems Maisi feels the same way.

Gators123
07-02-2013, 08:30 PM
Pistons would be able to take on his contract without Toronto having to take back any salary. I'm sure thats all the Pistons are offering.

bholly
07-02-2013, 08:31 PM
Would be surprised if he wasn't. Ujiri is a great GM who understands value and has a directionless team, and Rudy Gay is overvalued and overpaid. Best to trade him now.

IversonIsKrazy
07-02-2013, 08:38 PM
Tank for Wiggins.

bucketss
07-02-2013, 08:39 PM
Pistons would be able to take on his contract without Toronto having to take back any salary. I'm sure thats all the Pistons are offering.

first rounder!! especially if you guys get josh, i don't think you will need it anyways.

jets33
07-02-2013, 08:42 PM

I would do that in a heartbeat but I doubt they would give up knight.

bucketss
07-02-2013, 08:44 PM
I would do that in a heartbeat but I doubt they would give up knight.

what if we give them lowry? still young and has a cheap contract.

Crackadalic
07-02-2013, 08:45 PM
All the subpar teams kno how good this draft class is so I'm not surprise. Probably best to trade him for an expiring and a pick

StriveGreatness
07-02-2013, 08:46 PM
what if we give them lowry? still young and has a cheap contract.

Pistons want Rondo...

Blink
07-02-2013, 08:48 PM
If Raptor fans want to help them suck....boy oh boy we can do that! Lol

I'll give ya Stuckey/Jerebko or Stuckey/CV. Stuckey & CV are expiring deals.

RipCity32
07-02-2013, 08:51 PM
Pistons have a top 8 protected pick next year.So I'm not sure if they can trade that but if they can Charlotte will probably have 2 picks in next years draft.

Stunner
07-02-2013, 08:52 PM
Raptors will rape the pistons for the cap space they took on in that NY trade . Rudy for Stuckey , Knight and a 1st

bucketss
07-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Pistons want Rondo...

he can be a back up, and he has an expiring contract, wouldn't that be a great asset to throw into a rondo deal.plus i doubt pistons get rondo.

Blink
07-02-2013, 08:55 PM
Raptors will rape the pistons for the cap space they took on in that NY trade . Rudy for Stuckey , Knight and a 1st

As a Pistons fan I'm not giving that up for Gay. I'd be perfectly fine with not trading for him.

pacman16
07-02-2013, 08:56 PM
hopefully it happens... im not a RG fan at all, decent player but def not taking any team to the next level
take demar too

bucketss
07-02-2013, 08:57 PM
If Raptor fans want to help them suck....boy oh boy we can do that! Lol

I'll give ya Stuckey/Jerebko or Stuckey/CV. Stuckey & CV are expiring deals.

stuckey + knight + pick for gay and lowrys expiring + 2nd rounder maybe 2. . remember rudy also expires next year,

also lowry is a top ten pg when healthy, he got injured this year, but before the injurey he was dropping lebron james numbers LOL

hugepatsfan
07-02-2013, 08:57 PM
1.) Sign Josh Smith as a FA using available cap space.

2.) Trade w/ BOS for Rondo...

BOS gets: Monroe, Jerebko
DET gets: Rondo, Courtney Lee

3.) Trade w/ TOR for Gay...

TOR gets: Stuckey, Villanueava, Brandon Knight, future pick
DET gets: Gay

That gives DET a lineup of...

Rondo
Lee/Pope
Gay/Singler
Smith
Drummond

tr3ymill3r
07-02-2013, 09:06 PM
If teams want too tank they need to trade for Jeremy Lin immediately.

FriedTofuz
07-02-2013, 09:31 PM
Ill trade gay to the pistons for brandon knight, and 2 first round picks. 2014 and 2015, or I will say good day sir.

torontosports10
07-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Wtf people. We gave up Ed Davis, a 2nd round pick and an expiring contract for him.

And now you expect Knight and a 1st back for him? Not a chance that happens unless someone is extremely desperate.

True Sports Fan
07-02-2013, 10:02 PM
Trade him for nothing. I don't care. I want to be as bad as possible to get the higher pick possible and it seems Maisi feels the same way.

Rudy Gay for John Salmons? :D Salmons helps you lose rather then nothing at all

JEDean89
07-02-2013, 10:05 PM
rudy gay is so awful for his contract it's ridiculous. he is a SF version of JR smith making 16 mil a year, **** that

LanceUpperCut
07-02-2013, 11:01 PM
Wtf people. We gave up Ed Davis, a 2nd round pick and an expiring contract for him.

And now you expect Knight and a 1st back for him? Not a chance that happens unless someone is extremely desperate.We just traded Bargnani for a future first and 2 second round picks why in hell would you think Gay isn't worth more? I always loved the Gay trade for the simple fact he was worth more then we gave up.

I think a Gay and Fields for Stuckey, Middelton and a 2014 !st rounder would be a decent deal for both sides. That move would put DET. into the top 4 of the east depending on AD.

bucketss
07-02-2013, 11:17 PM
We just traded Bargnani for a future first and 2 second round picks why in hell would you think Gay isn't worth more? I always loved the Gay trade for the simple fact he was worth more then we gave up.

I think a Gay and Fields for Stuckey, Middelton and a 2014 !st rounder would be a decent deal for both sides. That move would put DET. into the top 4 of the east depending on AD.

i don't think they want any part of fields, stuck and 1st is probably all we can get TBH, which isn't too bad, though i wont doubt masais ability to swindle knight from them:D

LanceUpperCut
07-02-2013, 11:27 PM
i don't think they want any part of fields, stuck and 1st is probably all we can get TBH, which isn't too bad, though i wont doubt masais ability to swindle knight from them:D

Fields with 2 years left is actually not near as bad as people want to think, they just can't shake that horrible start for Fields when he was injured, he was pretty damn solid all around since the return from injury. I think Detroit would be smart to take him, he can be a very useful bench piece.

RapsInsider
07-02-2013, 11:35 PM

Knight isn't anything special, and Detroit already traded their 2014 1st rounder.

superwill
07-02-2013, 11:45 PM
Pau for Rudy I don't think the lakers would do that

bholly
07-02-2013, 11:53 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 5m
My man @WindhorstESPN reporting that Pistons have offered expiring deals of Rodney Stuckey and Charlie Villanueva to Toronto for Rudy Gay

Gators123
07-02-2013, 11:54 PM

airronijordan
07-03-2013, 12:00 AM
If I'm Toronto I accept that offer without hesitating.

JWO35
07-03-2013, 12:01 AM
Do it Toronto!

LeperMessiah
07-03-2013, 12:03 AM

this probably the farthest it goes

LeperMessiah
07-03-2013, 12:03 AM
So they really are going to tank.

0nekhmer
07-03-2013, 12:09 AM
If I'm Toronto I accept that offer without hesitating.

throw in 2016 first rounder and sure.

bholly
07-03-2013, 12:15 AM
Yeah, I'm as down on Rudy as just about anyone, but I think they can get more than just expirings.

RipCity32
07-03-2013, 12:25 AM
Our whole team would be made up of rookie contracts besides for Gays if that trade happened.So Rudys ridiculous contract would not hurt us as bad as it did Memphis or Toronto.I think we should just do it because we are about to strike out in Free agency.

LeperMessiah
07-03-2013, 12:29 AM
Yeah, I'm as down on Rudy as just about anyone, but I think they can get more than just expirings.
The contract is still not a pleasant one, especially in this CBA.

Deezy3
07-03-2013, 12:36 AM
I don't see the Raptors trading Rudy Gay unless they find a trade that blows em away.

ACanadian
07-03-2013, 12:38 AM
I dislike that Pistons deal. I understand we are trying to turn our team into the Bobcats roster but this is not good for the future. We need young players, not money.

Sly Guy
07-03-2013, 12:41 AM
knowing toronto, they'd likely trade him back for the rights to calderon

heyman321
07-03-2013, 12:58 AM
Tank nation baby

Stunner
07-03-2013, 01:03 AM
Raps take that deal and run

Go into the season with

Lowry
Ross
Derozan
Johnson
Val

And pray for a top 3 pick

UPRock
07-03-2013, 01:21 AM
Throw Knight into the trade and I see Toronto accepting it.

mike_noodles
07-03-2013, 01:26 AM
Raps take that deal and run

Go into the season with

Lowry
Ross
Derozan
Johnson
Val

And pray for a top 3 pick

Still too much talent to finish in the bottom 3. If going full tank, DeRozan has to go too.

FriedTofuz
07-03-2013, 02:45 AM
I dont want knight tbh. If raptor fans want to rebuild, acquiring knight wouldnt help at all. Give us monroe or drummond and a first round unprotected pick or GTFO

torontosports10
07-03-2013, 08:43 AM
I dont want knight tbh. If raptor fans want to rebuild, acquiring knight wouldnt help at all. Give us monroe or drummond and a first round unprotected pick or GTFO

Bahahahahahahahahahahahah.

**** some fans make me laugh with their inability to understand the game/business of basketball.

koreancabbage
07-03-2013, 08:54 AM

okay buddy. i will gladly take the expirings and a pick but monroe/drummond + pick - why would Detroit do that (if you were in their shoes).

unless they are really that dumb or Drummond/Monroe has some kind of virus that will kill them within the next season and noone knows except the Pistons GM.

kduce
07-03-2013, 09:37 AM
I dont want knight tbh. If raptor fans want to rebuild, acquiring knight wouldnt help at all. Give us Monroe or Drummond and a first round unprotected pick or GTFO

No way we would give up either one of those guys for Gay and the idea of an unprotected 1st round draft pick seems very unlikely as well. Our GM needs to win now, but next year is the far better free agency class that you would have the chance to be involved in if you shed Gay's contract. If you don't want to move him then dont move him, but we arent going to give away so much of our future for an overpaid player that takes up so much of a cap that he's nearly impossible to move.

Bob_at_york
07-03-2013, 09:39 AM
I would take the deal if Toronto can turn Stuckey into a 1st round pick with another team.

MonroeFAN
07-03-2013, 09:51 AM
PLEASE NO, other than drummond and monroe theres are NO other valuable assets from detroit

Why do Raptors fans talk crap? I've never understood that. You guys aren't getting anything that even closely resembles Monroe, Drummond or an unprotected 1st round pick. It's a salary dump, if they go for it, cool. If not... I would much, much rather have Josh Smith.

RipCity32
07-03-2013, 10:11 AM
If the Raptors want to tank this year than how much better of a offer will they get.Nobody is giving up any young player or a first rounder for him.Memphis had a hard time getting anyone to take him and it took us getting involved with Prince to really make it happen.If Toronto wants value for him than they will have to wait for two years when he is a 20 mil expiring.

Bob_at_york
07-03-2013, 10:13 AM
Toronto reporter thinks if they wait then can get a better offer and make the team more money:

“Look, we may or may not like Rudy Gay but if we turn him into two questionable talents just to save some money next summer, what are we telling ourselves, our players, our coaches, our fans?”

“That we’re firmly in the tank?”

“Yep. And why in the world wouldn’t we — if we even think about trading Rudy Gay — wait if we want to do that? We all agree he’s talented, right? We have no idea how he’ll work here because the 30 or so games a season ago are not a big enough sample size, we agree? And if this offer’s here now, don’t you think we might get better ones sometime in the next six months? Why don’t we do the sensible thing and laugh in the face of the Pistons? Why give off a sense of giving up right now? If we’re going to tank, let’s wait until we sell some tickets so we’re really stealing money?”

Link: http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptors/2013/07/03/rudy_gay_to_detroit_pistons_nba_trade_rumour_there s_no_rush_for_raptors_to_do_something_dumb_smith.h tml

RipCity32
07-03-2013, 10:21 AM
"The Return Of Charlie V" Now that's a ticket seller right there.

Bob_at_york
07-03-2013, 10:23 AM

he is good in the community.

ghettosean
07-03-2013, 10:25 AM
I dislike that Pistons deal. I understand we are trying to turn our team into the Bobcats roster but this is not good for the future. We need young players, not money.

Yeah this deal makes no sense for Toronto to accept. I know Rudy's contract is bad but he's still extremely talented so I don't think just trading him for cap space is the move to make.

We need Picks or young prospects not cash!

Rudy is not a distraction or anything they can wait for the right deal to come along.

2-ONE-5
07-03-2013, 10:36 AM
We just traded Bargnani for a future first and 2 second round picks why in hell would you think Gay isn't worth more? I always loved the Gay trade for the simple fact he was worth more then we gave up.

um what? Pistons top 4 by adding Gay? get real

ghettosean
07-03-2013, 10:38 AM
Just to add onto my last post we just traded Andrea Bargnani for a 1st rounder and 2 second rounders (taking Novak, Richardson and Camby). If we can grab picks for Bargs I'm sure as hell we can get picks for someone like Rudy ;)

FriedTofuz
07-03-2013, 11:36 AM
Bahahahahahahahahahahahah.

**** some fans make me laugh with their inability to understand the game/business of basketball.

I've played and watched ball all my life, It's pretty safe to say I understand the game and business. You think no other team in the nba is unable to offer expirings? You think the raptors can be taken advantage of for a low baller deal that wont help them longterm? If the raptors are rebuilding, a young quality piece, no not knight, at least drummond/monroe and a pick is fair enough

No way we would give up either one of those guys for Gay and the idea of an unprotected 1st round draft pick seems very unlikely as well. Our GM needs to win now, but next year is the far better free agency class that you would have the chance to be involved in if you shed Gay's contract. If you don't want to move him then dont move him, but we arent going to give away so much of our future for an overpaid player that takes up so much of a cap that he's nearly impossible to move.

okay, good day to you two then, but thanks for at least explaining your perspective.

I would take the deal if Toronto can turn Stuckey into a 1st round pick with another team.

Why take on additional work that isnt guranteed to happen, the pistons need to bring up a pick from the start, not tie the raptors down with horrible assests and let them flip em for something decent.

Why do Raptors fans talk crap? I've never understood that. You guys aren't getting anything that even closely resembles Monroe, Drummond or an unprotected 1st round pick. It's a salary dump, if they go for it, cool. If not... I would much, much rather have Josh Smith.

why do piston fans talk crap like this:

@DetroitKoolAid Cap space doesn't mean much in Toronto and Gay is best player on team.
https://twitter.com/WolstatSun/status/352439067952168963

Catchy, but the package isnt worth it.

Yeah this deal makes no sense for Toronto to accept. I know Rudy's contract is bad but he's still extremely talented so I don't think just trading him for cap space is the move to make.

We need Picks or young prospects not cash!

Rudy is not a distraction or anything they can wait for the right deal to come along.

thanks, someone with the ability to see both perspectives, apparently a lot of fans are biased and are unable to do that.

FriedTofuz
07-03-2013, 11:39 AM
To people saying " oh yeah what more can you get" , " yeah right you're not getting drummond/monroe or a pick" or people saying toronto is stupid and may just take the deal with knight included, your ignorance is annoying. I'm glad Masai Ujiri isn't a fool. Read these tweets so you will be educated not to post something biased :

As I speculated earlier, told Raptors immediately said good job, good effort to low-ball Gay offer from Det No plans to move him for nothing

https://twitter.com/WolstatSun/status/352422362488123392

@WolstatSun @ekoreen What if the Pistons threw in Kravtsov or Jerebko? Jerebko and Kravstov's PT will suffer with Gay and MCP.

@DetroitKoolAid Cap space doesn't mean much in Toronto and Gay is best player on team.

Just because a platter is offered, doesn't mean it needs to be eaten. Several teams have offered unimpressive packages for Rudy Gay

https://twitter.com/WolstatSun/status/352389671071911936

Bob_at_york
07-03-2013, 01:56 PM
Why take on additional work that isnt guranteed to happen, the pistons need to bring up a pick from the start, not tie the raptors down with horrible assests and let them flip em for something decent.
You do the work right now. You line-up the 3rd team before you agree to anything. MU might be doing that exact thing with Camby right now.

FriedTofuz
07-03-2013, 02:22 PM
You do the work right now. You line-up the 3rd team before you agree to anything. MU might be doing that exact thing with Camby right now.

A 3-team deal can work, but there's a zero possibility for them to give up a pick to help Detriot basically obtain an All Star by giving absolutely nothing more than cap flexibility a year earlier, while depriving themselves of talent in 2014 draft. There's not much that can be flipped for stuckey.

Bob_at_york
07-03-2013, 02:30 PM
A 3-team deal can work, but there's a zero possibility for them to give up a pick to help Detriot basically obtain an All Star by giving absolutely nothing more than cap flexibility a year earlier, while depriving themselves of talent in 2014 draft. There's not much that can be flipped for stuckey.
Really? I think there are a lot of bad contracts out there and if you take one for an expiring, you can get a pick out of it. Drew Gooden could be a possibility.

LanceUpperCut
07-03-2013, 03:42 PM
um what? Pistons top 4 by adding Gay? get real

Sorry I forgot about the Knicks so top 5 which is defiantly possible.

bucketss
07-03-2013, 03:54 PM
I've played and watched ball all my life, It's pretty safe to say I understand the game and business. You think no other team in the nba is unable to offer expirings? You think the raptors can be taken advantage of for a low baller deal that wont help them longterm? If the raptors are rebuilding, a young quality piece, no not knight, at least drummond/monroe and a pick is fair enough

okay, good day to you two then, but thanks for at least explaining your perspective.

why do piston fans talk crap like this:

https://twitter.com/WolstatSun/status/352439067952168963

Catchy, but the package isnt worth it.

thanks, someone with the ability to see both perspectives, apparently a lot of fans are biased and are unable to do that.

in what world is drummond/monroe for gay fair and a pick lmao, put down the reefer bruh

gwrighter
07-03-2013, 04:01 PM
in what world is drummond/monroe for gay fair and a pick lmao, put down the reefer bruh

I can see the argument for Drummond because of his upside but Gay for Monroe is most definitely fair. I don't see what makes Monroe so special. If your only looking at stats then sure he may look pretty good but he's never led his team to anything within 20 wins of a winning record. He isn't much of a leader either and is a below average defender to boot. On a contending team he's maybe a 3rd or at least the 4th option. Rudy is definitely worth that despite his massive contract.

HotMayo
07-03-2013, 04:03 PM

Toronto will forever suck :laugh2: and it was hilarious when you drafted Ross over Drummond :facepalm: it's freaknnnn hilarious :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

deaner
07-03-2013, 04:06 PM

One team for camby I've been thinking about is Houston. Asik or Lin interests me.

deaner
07-03-2013, 04:09 PM
Toronto will forever suck :laugh2: and it was hilarious when you drafted Ross over Drummond :facepalm: it's freaknnnn hilarious :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Drummond bought his mom Victoria Secrets for valentines day. We in Toronto value character a little more than Detroit.

I realize now it might not be the economy in Detroit that keeps you living at home.

gwrighter
07-03-2013, 04:14 PM

It was hilarious watching Valanciunas take it to Drummond during the season.

koreancabbage
07-03-2013, 04:26 PM

as a sports teams, debateable. Every team has ups and downs. Drummond is okay but Detroit still sucks.

as a city, Detroit is a black hole

driz
07-03-2013, 04:32 PM
as a sports teams, debateable. Every team has ups and downs. Drummond is okay but Detroit still sucks.

as a city, Detroit is a black hole

You don't know a whole lot about Detroit.

For all you - or I - know...Detroit could be low balling them as an early negotiation tactic. Hell, Toronto could be calling the offer a low ball as a negotiation tactic to try and get out a bit more, too.

ghettosean
07-03-2013, 04:35 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xi7tUSTz_V0 --> Ross definately can't do that :laugh:

ghettosean
07-03-2013, 04:36 PM

For all you - or I - know...Detroit could be low balling them as an early negotiation tactic. Hell, Toronto could be calling the offer a low ball as a negotiation tactic to try and get out a bit more, too.

No offense but maybe you should be quoting piston fans that are making your fanbase look like a bunch of twits!

ghettosean
07-03-2013, 04:39 PM

It probably is a tactic but honestly they will have to do better than offering there worst pieces for our best player. Expiring contract or not it's a terrible deal for the Raptors and the Pistons would get a all star caliber SF in return. I don't see the incentive for us to accept this as other teams along the line will be more than happy to give us a similar offer for Gay.

I can't think of the last time a team traded away there best player for cap relief unless they were forced into the situation by a player demanding a trade or management interviening.... I see no reason to accept this offer.

koreancabbage
07-03-2013, 04:40 PM

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2013/02/21/detroit-tops-2013-list-of-americas-most-miserable-cities/

RipCity32
07-03-2013, 04:42 PM
And let the Drummond bashing begin!!Drummond is worthless and Monroe too.

koreancabbage
07-03-2013, 04:45 PM
And let the Drummond bashing begin!!Drummond is worthless and Monroe too.

no one has bashed Drummond or Monroe. Thats why Raps fans want them!

driz
07-03-2013, 04:46 PM
Not a whole lot of Detroit sports fans that ACTUALLY live in the city of Detroit. In fact that's half the problem - NO one lives there. Definitely not any pro athletes. The suburbs of Metro Detroit - some of the nicest neighborhoods in the nation. And not a $1 or $2 coin in sight.

Going to be a whole lot of SG/SF talent in the 2014 draft. I don't see how you guys could stand pat with Derozan and Gay having so much of the payroll right there. Might not be this offer reported that gets the deal done, but I think it's safe to say your franchise is in a position where a deal will most likely be getting done.

And our front office is a bunch of twits. They skipped over Burke for ANOTHER SG. And we should have gotten Gay away from you guys last season instead of Calderon. We should be throwing in lawn seats to the Kid Rock concert later this month for even listening to a phone call with Villanueva's name attached to it. Accepting that deal would make this highway robbery.

Gators123
07-03-2013, 04:47 PM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2013/02/21/detroit-tops-2013-list-of-americas-most-miserable-cities/

Pistons play in Auburn hills buddy.

koreancabbage
07-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Not a whole lot of Detroit sports fans that ACTUALLY live in the city of Detroit. In fact that's half the problem - NO one lives there. Definitely not any pro athletes. The suburbs of Metro Detroit - some of the nicest neighborhoods in the nation. And not a $1 or $2 coin in sight.

Going to be a whole lot of SG/SF talent in the 2014 draft. I don't see how you guys could stand pat with Derozan and Gay having so much of the payroll right there. Might not be this offer reported that gets the deal done, but I think it's safe to say your franchise is in a position where a deal will most likely be getting done.

And our front office is a bunch of twits. They skipped over Burke for ANOTHER SG. And we should have gotten Gay away from you guys last season instead of Calderon. We should be throwing in lawn seats to the Kid Rock concert later this month for even listening to a phone call with Villanueva's name attached to it. Accepting that deal would make this highway robbery.

well they play in Auburn Hills if i'm not mistaken.

I personally want to get rid Gay but not for Stuckey and Charlie V.

One reasoning: they won't make the Raps as bad as much we them want to.
Second reasoning. we want picks! not players.

Gators123
07-03-2013, 04:50 PM

No way. Calvin Johnson, Miggy, Verlander, etc, all live in the ghetto!

rocket
07-03-2013, 04:52 PM
Toronto is the best.

Val is the best.

Ok are we done now?

Bob_at_york
If guys in here are going to insult each other or insult each other's cities, than this thread will be shut down and punishments will be handed down. Stay on topic and no insults.

driz
Monroe is worth more than Gay IMO. A lot more athletic wings than double-double PFs with high Basketball IQ that can pass so well. Guy can develop into the next Tim Duncan. There's about 3 guys available in free agency right now that can fill the same roles as Gay does. Can't say that about Monroe IMO.

This offer would get him if it were the trade deadline right now I'd bet.

koreancabbage
07-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Pistons play in Auburn hills buddy.

as long as they have the city associated with the team, it doesn't matter where they play. They play in the region of Metro Detroit

driz
07-03-2013, 04:53 PM
No way. Calvin Johnson, Miggy, Verlander, etc, all live in the ghetto!

**** Calvin Johnson lives in the apartment above my garage. He cuts my grass on the weekends to cut his rent down.

acemac23
07-03-2013, 05:06 PM
How about Luol and a pick for Rudy Gay?

Toronto wants an expiring contract that they would get in Luol and the Bulls get the second play-maker they've been looking for to take the pressure off Rose.

or

The team could also offer Deng, Rip Hamilton and a pick for Gay and Ross.

Toronto could buy out Rips contract for a mil instead of paying Ross 13.8 Mil over the next 4 years.

LanceUpperCut
07-03-2013, 05:17 PM

Toronto wants an expiring contract that they would get in Luol and the Bulls get the second play-maker they've been looking for to take the pressure off Rose.

or

The team could also offer Deng, Rip Hamilton and a pick for Gay and Ross.

Toronto could buy out Rips contract for a mil instead of paying Ross 13.8 Mil over the next 4 years.

The first offer maybe, the second offer no way were going to lose last years first round pick to save some money.

FriedTofuz
07-03-2013, 05:20 PM
okay Toronto Is calling the pistons offer low balling because it was an embaressing move to even make.

If iggy, jsmooth are off the market, it will be panic time for joe dumass trying to get anyone when his 2014 pick is going to the bobcats.

FriedTofuz
07-03-2013, 05:27 PM
I think this thread should just be closed down, too much homers with biased opinions of their players and are now attacking one anothers city and trying to defend a low-ball move

heyman321
07-03-2013, 05:37 PM
I think this thread should just be closed down, too much homers with biased opinions of their players and are now attacking one anothers city and trying to defend a low-ball move

ya DETORIT SUX LLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Anyways, whatever Gay is given up for it needs to be a pick next year involved and a decent young player whether it's a 2 or 3 team trade. I'm all up for tanking.

kduce
07-03-2013, 10:21 PM
How come you say the thread should be shut down because of home bias and at the same time make a snide remark ahout the Pistons or its fans. I see this in two different threads. I can understand disagreeing or not wanting bickering but dont as the mods to close a thread as you get a low blow jab in at the same time. Lets be fair at least.

Bob_at_york
07-04-2013, 11:18 AM

Are you kidding? If I was the GM of the raptors I would take that immediately. Deng is a great player, he might be a better player than Gay.

hugepatsfan
07-04-2013, 11:34 AM
Rudy Gay is an example of a player who is better individually than he is in a team concept. He isn't good enough to be the #1 on a championship team but he doesn't fit as a secondary player because that's not his game. There are lots of players who "aren't as good" as Gay but are still preferable if you're trying to win a title because they won't try to be the #1 like Rudy Gay will. That's why MEM got rid of him and played better with Prince, who most would say is a "lesser" player. It's a team game, people.

diu9leilomo
07-04-2013, 11:39 AM
Are you kidding? If I was the GM of the raptors I would take that immediately. Deng is a great player, he might be a better player than Gay.

:laugh2:

Gay sure is overpaid, but deng is overrated

mike_noodles
07-04-2013, 11:42 AM

Ding ding, we have a winner, lol. I would do any expirings if it came with a pick. Seems our GM somewhat agrees that just expirings is not enough, thank God.

RipCity32
07-04-2013, 12:30 PM
I feel like Gay and Monta are the same player as for what they can do for your team.Either they will be the hero or they will hurt you.Only difference is Rudy gets paid like Lebron.

HotMayo
07-04-2013, 02:16 PM
Well I am ecstatic the pistons didn't take on Rudy gays horrendous contract. Thank the lord. Enjoy that 20 million chucker raps fans.

Jamiecballer
07-04-2013, 02:22 PM

i agree. that deal sounds too good to be true. i realize the pick wouldn't be great but the raps don't miss a beat and get a draft pick.

LanceUpperCut
07-04-2013, 02:54 PM
Rudy Gay is an example of a player who is better individually than he is in a team concept. He isn't good enough to be the #1 on a championship team but he doesn't fit as a secondary player because that's not his game. There are lots of players who "aren't as good" as Gay but are still preferable if you're trying to win a title because they won't try to be the #1 like Rudy Gay will. That's why MEM got rid of him and played better with Prince, who most would say is a "lesser" player. It's a team game, people.

Well its pretty debatable if Memphis were a better team or not but the Raptors we no doubt a better team even with the huge drop off at back up PG and PF after the trade.

gwrighter
07-04-2013, 06:46 PM
in b4 Kawhi > Rudy posts.