PDA

View Full Version : T Wolves offer Kevin Martin, 4 years $30 mil

LTBaByyy
07-02-2013, 07:39 PM
@sam_amick: The Minnesota Timberwolves have offered Kevin Martin a 4-year deal that could be worth as much as $30 million with incentives. Story to come

Thunder will forever regret the Harden trade.

east fb knicks
07-02-2013, 07:41 PM
lmao if they get him love is as good as gone what a bad offer

Aust
07-02-2013, 07:43 PM
I don't like this.

Where is Hawkeye? Interested in his analysis.

rockets-fan
07-02-2013, 07:43 PM
So the thunder lost Harden formLamb and Adams basically, wow hahaha

BSardogan
07-02-2013, 07:45 PM
Rubio/Martin/Budinger/Love/Pekovic doesn't look too bad... But it doesn't look all that great either. I could definately see Love walk if he's stuck with a team that will never contend, and this roster (currently) doesn't look like it will anytime soon.

abe_froman
07-02-2013, 07:49 PM
lotta offense,but that team has no defense.

kblo247
07-02-2013, 07:50 PM
Lmao at OKC and lmao at Minny. No team starting Martin is sniffing the playoffs, just in a sixth man role, where his one dimensional style can be hidden is he a contributor to a playoff team.

If I was Pek I'd run off to find a team where I can play in the playoffs and make noise. That squad of Martin, Budinger, and Love is the worst ****ing defensive 2-4 there is

FOBolous
07-02-2013, 07:51 PM
if Martin goes, i feel bad for OKC. with Westbrook's injury, their reign on top of the Western Conference seems to be short lived.

Lmao at OKC and lmao at Minny. No team starting Martin is sniffing the playoffs, just in a sixth man role, where his one dimensional style can be hidden is he a contributor to a playoff team.

it's actually a pretty good move on Minny's part. their have problem with scoring last year and Martin will help address that.

herewegocubbies
07-02-2013, 07:52 PM
4 year 28 mill. not 30

kblo247
07-02-2013, 07:53 PM
if Martin goes, i feel bad for OKC. with Westbrook's injury, their reign on top of the Western Conference seems to be short lived.

it's actually a pretty good move on Minny's part. their have problem with scoring last year and Martin will help address that.

But he needs to come off the bench. You don't want Martin starting. He isn't a playmaker, he isn't a defender, and he isn't a rebounder. Heck his only times in the playoffs have come as a sixth man, that's his niche.

You're better off paying JR to start.

UnWantedTheory
What a terrible contract to give Martin with how that team is currently constructed.

JLynn943
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m
Free agent Kevin Martin has reached agreement on a four year, $28 million deal with Minnesota, league source tells Y! Sports.

not a bad deal at all imo. they desperately needed a guard who can shoot, and now they have one.

Stunner
07-02-2013, 07:55 PM
Mayo losing teams to play for , come on Mayo sign and trade to Chicago .

Stunner
07-02-2013, 07:56 PM
Jeremy Lamb era has begun

Clippersfan86
07-02-2013, 07:56 PM
Oklahoma losing pieces by the day.

ManRam
07-02-2013, 07:57 PM
they've long needed a scoring 2. i don't think it's a terrible deal. 7 million annually for a guy who can be a ultra-efficient scorer in most roles

LAKobeBryant
07-02-2013, 07:58 PM
Deal is done hes signed to wolves.
Thunder are in big trouble!

FOBolous
07-02-2013, 07:58 PM
But he needs to come off the bench. You don't want Martin starting. He isn't a playmaker, he isn't a defender, and he isn't a rebounder. Heck his only times in the playoffs have come as a sixth man, that's his niche.

You're better off paying JR to start.

i don't think, at $7.5 million a year, they expect him to turn the team around. i think they just need him to help them score, which he can.

shep33
07-02-2013, 07:59 PM
Man Thunder might be in trouble

ManRam
07-02-2013, 08:00 PM
i don't think he needs to come off the bench...why don't you want hims starting? he started all his career up until he went to OKC...and did perfectly well doing so

LAKobeBryant
07-02-2013, 08:01 PM
He's not being over paid look at webster and splitters contact they've signed today.
KM can put up big numbers, it's just his consistency though

poleandreel
07-02-2013, 08:02 PM
Lose Jeff Green - man the thunder won't have enough scoring now. End up as a top offensive team and make it to WCF and Finals in back to back years.

Lose Harden - man the thunder are going to be in trouble. Still end up as the #1 seed and improve our offensive and defensive efficiency (2nd and 3rd respectively)

Lose Martin - man the thunder are going to be in trouble...

FOBolous
07-02-2013, 08:02 PM
i don't think he needs to come off the bench...why don't you want hims starting? he started all his career up until he went to OKC...and did perfectly well doing so

right? dude averages 20+ points as a starter and is a deadly 3 pts shooter.

and let's be honest here, Martin > JR Smith. Smith has the hype right now but if you compare their accomplishments, and sense of responsibility, Martin is ahead of Smith by miles.

Lose Jeff Green - man the thunder won't have enough scoring now. End up as a top offensive team and make it to WCF and Finals in back to back years.

Lose Harden - man the thunder are going to be in trouble. Still end up as the #1 seed and improve our offensive and defensive efficiency (2nd and 3rd respectively)

Green sucked. Martin, who averages 20+ points as a starter, replaced Harden as the 6th man. so who's replacing Martin?

LAKobeBryant
07-02-2013, 08:03 PM

difference is losing jeff green and harden they've got something in return.
who knows who they can get at FA now...

ManRam
07-02-2013, 08:04 PM
right? dude averages 20+ points as a starter and is a deadly 3 pts shooter.

and let's be honest here, Martin > JR Smith. Smith has the hype right now but if you compare their accomplishments, and sense of responsibility, Martin is ahead of Smith by miles.

yup. i can't think of a team that would be better off signing JR than Martin.

kdspurman
07-02-2013, 08:04 PM
Which likely means Minny won't be getting back AK. Hopefully we're able to sign him now :hope:

Chronz
07-02-2013, 08:05 PM
Why get Buddinger if you're getting K-Mart? The 2 were awful together in Houston but I guess Adelman still doesn't care about defense. Dont get me wrong, this is a decent get for them but the 2 combined? Weird

poleandreel
07-02-2013, 08:06 PM
Maybe OKC gets Mayo now. A guy who can create his own shot and is still a deadly 3pt shooter

hugepatsfan
07-02-2013, 08:07 PM
yup. i can't think of a team that would be better off signing JR than Martin.

All the teams tanking for Wiggins, silly.

FOBolous
07-02-2013, 08:09 PM
All the teams tanking for Wiggins, silly.

:laugh2:

True Sports Fan
07-02-2013, 08:09 PM
Maybe OKC gets Mayo now. A guy who can create his own shot and is still a deadly 3pt shooter

Yeah I could see him signing for a one year deal with OKC to prove what he's worth

justinnum1
07-02-2013, 08:12 PM
woj
Y! Sources: Oklahoma City free agent Kevin Martin agrees to a four year, $28 million deal with Minnesota. http://tinyurl.com/lgg4m3u

the harden trade looks even worse.

dolfan720
07-02-2013, 08:18 PM
Good deal for Minnesota. Martin is a great scorer who will help them alot.

Stunner
07-02-2013, 08:18 PM

With what money ? They had Martin bird rights that's the only way they had a chance to resign . Better off letting Lamb get his mins

Stunner
07-02-2013, 08:19 PM
Mayo already had his one year deal as a starter to prove what he's worth lol he better not be asking for more than 25 million .

VCaintdead17
07-02-2013, 08:24 PM
Martin will benefit greatly off of Rubio. At this point Martin is more of a spot up guy than anything else. Doesn't draw fouls like he used to.

xxplayerxx23
07-02-2013, 08:26 PM
. Um hello okc did it for cap reasons. Jermey lamb was the main piece it's time for him to shine. Amnesty Perkins already

FOBolous
07-02-2013, 08:27 PM
. Um hello okc did it for cap reasons. Jermey lamb was the main piece it's time for him to shine. Amnesty Perkins already

let's see if Jeremy Lamb lives up to the hype. It's his time to shine.

Clippersfan86
07-02-2013, 08:28 PM

The guy they played like zero minutes last year suddenly going to get big burn on a contending team? I said last year OKC was making a huge mistake not developing Lamb+Jones more and I have a feeling I'm going to be right.

xxplayerxx23
07-02-2013, 08:28 PM
woj

the harden trade looks even worse.

It was a cap saver. They knew what they were doing. We will see how Adams and lamb are before judging the trade in full

xxplayerxx23
07-02-2013, 08:29 PM
The guy they played like zero minutes last year suddenly going to get big burn on a contending team? I said last year OKC was making a huge mistake not developing Lamb+Jones more and I have a feeling I'm going to be right.

You came here to gloat about your clippers being Bette then okc. Lamb will be a fine role player next year

xxplayerxx23
07-02-2013, 08:30 PM
let's see if Jeremy Lamb lives up to the hype. It's his time to shine.

I think he will be at like 12-13 off the bench nest year and continue to get better IMO

justinnum1
07-02-2013, 08:31 PM
It was a cap saver. They knew what they were doing. We will see how Adams and lamb are before judging the trade in full

They could have got more picks

FOBolous
07-02-2013, 08:32 PM
I think he will be at like 12-13 off the bench nest year and continue to get better IMO

if that's the case, OKC will be fine. but we'll see.

Stunner
07-02-2013, 08:33 PM
Jeremy Lamb was a loto pick and many believed he will end up to be the best SG from that draft . OKC wanted him for a reason to take over when Martin left . If OKC tried to trade Houston lets say a JR Smith for Lamb , Houston hangs up . The Rockets loved Lamb it's just Harden was too good to pass up .

Devster3
07-02-2013, 08:34 PM
OKC will be fine, They have reggie jackson, Westbrook, Sefolosha rotation.

IversonIsKrazy
07-02-2013, 08:37 PM
I think Minny should've targeted more key player with that type of money, but still improves the team. OKC on the other, I am REALLY interested into seeing what they're going to do this off-season now.

Hawkeye15
07-02-2013, 08:42 PM
Why get Buddinger if you're getting K-Mart? The 2 were awful together in Houston but I guess Adelman still doesn't care about defense. Dont get me wrong, this is a decent get for them but the 2 combined? Weird

that is my issue. Flip obviously sees outside shooting as such a need he is willing to back off the other conflicting skillsets.

Not really excited about signing both, but obviously our shooting gets better fast. Defense? Not so much since we are letting AK walk obviously.

Up in the air about these deals, until I see when/if there is a team option on Martin. Even then, redundant skillsets to some degree.

Hawkeye15
07-02-2013, 08:44 PM
Martin will benefit greatly off of Rubio. At this point Martin is more of a spot up guy than anything else. Doesn't draw fouls like he used to.

still had double the foul draw rate of Redick, and well above Mayo. But yeah, his rip thru crap doesn't work anymore. It will be nice to see Rubio's long skip passes land in the hands of a capable shooter, and I am sure Pek will like the fact that defenses don't live in the lane on us and not bother on run outs because we suck so bad at shooting behind the arc. The return of Love and Budinger alone spelled that, Martin is just another shooting addition. Still don't like the pairing, especially if they start together.

TheNumber37
07-02-2013, 08:45 PM
Bad contract for Martin, Bad deal for OKC. They need to run at Monta for that 6th man role.

I still see Martin coming off the bench and them signing Mayo, perhaps.

Hawkeye15
07-02-2013, 08:47 PM
Bad contract for Martin, Bad deal for OKC. They need to run at Monta for that 6th man role.

I still see Martin coming off the bench and them signing Mayo, perhaps.

A) Monta is never a great idea
B) Wolves have no more money for FA's.

shep33
07-02-2013, 08:47 PM
I don't see OKC being better than 3rd out west this year.

Spurs and Clips better in my mind... as of now

still1ballin
07-02-2013, 08:51 PM
TWolves doin' werk

OKC? Not so much

RipCity32
07-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Well I'm sure OKC probably knew this was coming when they made the trade.Hopefully Lamb works our for them.

tredigs
07-02-2013, 08:54 PM
OKC should amnesty Perkins, allow Lamb to enjoy a larger role, and try to bring in AK47 + Millsap. Should be able to do that and be around ~6 mil over the tax level.

After that playoff performance, I doubt OKC is sorry to see Martin sign elsewhere.

topdog
07-02-2013, 08:55 PM
that is my issue. Flip obviously sees outside shooting as such a need he is willing to back off the other conflicting skillsets.

Not really excited about signing both, but obviously our shooting gets better fast. Defense? Not so much since we are letting AK walk obviously.

Up in the air about these deals, until I see when/if there is a team option on Martin. Even then, redundant skillsets to some degree.

It may be redundant, but we Wolves fans know you can't count on people staying healthy...

Flip may be betting on some of the younger talent as well. I'm not sure how he feels about Williams as a SF or what he projects Shved and Muhammad to be. Offense should be fun, defense will be interesting.

Stunner
07-02-2013, 08:59 PM
Using the Amnesty on Perkins doesn't do much of nothing to their cap . It's a waste

Hawkeye15
07-02-2013, 08:59 PM
It may be redundant, but we Wolves fans know you can't count on people staying healthy...

Flip may be betting on some of the younger talent as well. I'm not sure how he feels about Williams as a SF or what he projects Shved and Muhammad to be. Offense should be fun, defense will be interesting.

Oh I agree, I just know for a fact that Bud/KMart together didn't work so well before. Maybe the different skillsets will work out, and we both know trade(s) are coming, but I wonder what is next.

Still happy that we improved our shooting, though health and anything helped that.

Hawkeye15
07-02-2013, 09:00 PM
OKC should amnesty Perkins, allow Lamb to enjoy a larger role, and try to bring in AK47 + Millsap. Should be able to do that and be around ~6 mil over the tax level.

After that playoff performance, I doubt OKC is sorry to see Martin sign elsewhere.

I don't see how they do that though man. The money won't work.

Besides, AK is going to SA, to annoy me.

Stunner
07-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Lamb Era 2013 http://youtu.be/J_ASKLlDjWA

tredigs
07-02-2013, 09:01 PM

Going to have to agree with that. Really fun offense, really terrible defense. With Kirilenko gone it's really looking dismal on that end. Is Pek their best defender? He's never impressed me defensively. Rubio maybe? I wish they'd get another big that can defend, I want them to succeed.

the brave eagle
07-02-2013, 09:04 PM
he's a scorer...he can be a starter, he won't be a star but he's gonna get his points

Hawkeye15
07-02-2013, 09:08 PM
Going to have to agree with that. Really fun offense, really terrible defense. With Kirilenko gone it's really looking dismal on that end. Is Pek their best defender? He's never impressed me defensively. Rubio maybe? I wish they'd get another big that can defend, I want them to succeed.

Rubio is an excellent defender, Pek finally above average. But the perimeter defense will be lacking outside Rubio. We will see what happens via trade.

Chronz
07-02-2013, 09:09 PM
Yeah I could see him signing for a one year deal with OKC to prove what he's worth
So pretty much, try doing what hes been doing already.

WolvesJagsOs
07-02-2013, 09:19 PM

I know he's a rookie, but Dieng, the guy we got in the draft from Louisville is very good defensively. Again, he's a rookie, so no one knows for sure, but I like him.

tredigs
07-02-2013, 09:29 PM
I know he's a rookie, but Dieng, the guy we got in the draft from Louisville is very good defensively. Again, he's a rookie, so no one knows for sure, but I like him.

That's right they got Gorgui. He's definitely a very solid defender and has major length. Pretty sure he was a senior too, so he'll get you some minutes and defensive presence. Can't score, but at least he won't be relied on for that.

Hustla23
07-02-2013, 09:57 PM
LOL What the hell is Minnesota doing? If this is just to appease Love, then I can kind of understand.

Hawkeye15
07-02-2013, 10:01 PM
LOL What the hell is Minnesota doing? If this is just to appease Love, then I can kind of understand.

adding shooters. Defense might suck now, we shall see. But people need to stop acting like a 31 win team didn't get hit with more injuries than any team has ever been hit with in history. Even keeping status quo probably gave them 45 wins. Adding shooters, IF we can keep average on defense somehow (via trade at this point), will push the Wolves into a playoff team for sure.

AI
07-02-2013, 10:03 PM
Minny has way too many guards.

Stunner
07-02-2013, 10:07 PM
��
Minny has way too many guards.

They only have 2 SG's to my knowdelge , Shabazz is a SF and so is Chase. They have 3 PG's , one who they're trying to trade away .

SpeeMN
07-02-2013, 10:09 PM
Our Lineup as-is coming from a wolf fan:

Rubio JJ/Ridnour Brown
Martin Shved Shabazz
Buddinger DWill Shabazz
Love Cunningham DWill
Pekovic Dieng

Trade Assets: Ridnour, Barea, maybe Williams

We can sign over the cap and still Resign Pekovic no matter what with his bird-rights

Love it.

WolvesJagsOs
07-02-2013, 10:16 PM
That's right they got Gorgui. He's definitely a very solid defender and has major length. Pretty sure he was a senior too, so he'll get you some minutes and defensive presence. Can't score, but at least he won't be relied on for that.

The thing is, his offensive game isn't as bad as many people say. He's also a very good passer for a big which is nice.

c.c.
07-02-2013, 10:25 PM
With Ricky Rubio passive ability, Kevin Martin will be a good addition to their team. He can hit open shots, contested shots, perfect FT shooter, and attack the rim

FOBolous
07-02-2013, 10:31 PM
Our Lineup as-is coming from a wolf fan:

Rubio JJ/Ridnour Brown
Martin Shved Shabazz
Buddinger DWill Shabazz
Love Cunningham DWill
Pekovic Dieng

Trade Assets: Ridnour, Barea, maybe Williams

We can sign over the cap and still Resign Pekovic no matter what with his bird-rights

Love it.

looks solid.

Avenged
07-02-2013, 10:34 PM
Wolves love being injured.

Htownballa1622
07-02-2013, 10:39 PM
If Wolves are healthy, I can def see them making the playoffs.

mngopher35
07-02-2013, 10:39 PM
Not a huge fan of these signings, but it is not too bad. I'm really worried about our defense.

Oefarmy2005
07-02-2013, 10:42 PM
3 points:
1) They probably overpaid for Martin a bit, but that's what you have to do when you are based in Minnesota
2) I am worried about adding a player who misses at least 20 games a season on average to a team that had 200+ games missed by players due to injury
3) Last year, John Salmons, George Hill, and Rodney Stuckey all got paid $8 million plus, so while they may have overpaid, it's not by much.

Mell413
07-02-2013, 10:53 PM
I always liked Martin. They needed scoring and he helps in that area. The are getting closer to being a playoff team.

dnl123
07-02-2013, 11:03 PM
The Wolves get criticized on this site no matter what they do. Martin and Budinger are good signings for them. They desperately needed help to shoot from the outside, and both these guys know Adelman's system well.

kblo247
07-02-2013, 11:11 PM
adding shooters. Defense might suck now, we shall see. But people need to stop acting like a 31 win team didn't get hit with more injuries than any team has ever been hit with in history. Even keeping status quo probably gave them 45 wins. Adding shooters, IF we can keep average on defense somehow (via trade at this point), will push the Wolves into a playoff team for sure.

If minny was healthy, apply same logic to Portland, Utah (Mo, Al, Milsap), Lakers (Kobe, Pau, Nash, Blake, Jamison, Metta, Dwight), Mavericks (Dirk), and GS (Bogut and Rush) .... They aren't finishing better than those teams in reality if you play the health card for the west as a whole they still aren't scratching 500 let alone 45 wins

kblo247
07-02-2013, 11:13 PM
The Wolves get criticized on this site no matter what they do. Martin and Budinger are good signings for them. They desperately needed help to shoot from the outside, and both these guys know Adelman's system well.

Yes they needed to shoot, but at the same time they need D. Love is bad as a man or help guy. Pek isn't a good help guy. AK was their best defender and he opted out.

You would think that since their interior is soft, they toughen the perimeter. If you're getting Bud or Martin, get a guy like Allen or Iggy who can actually defend to stop guys from coming in the paint

Hawkeye15
07-02-2013, 11:14 PM
If minny was healthy, apply same logic to Portland, Utah (Mo, Al, Milsap), Lakers (Kobe, Pau, Nash, Blake, Jamison, Metta, Dwight), Mavericks (Dirk), and GS (Bogut and Rush) .... They aren't finishing better than those teams in reality if you play the health card for the west as a whole they still aren't scratching 500 let alone 45 wins

apply the amount of games missed due to injury by all those teams.

Wolves win by a gigantic margin from last year. Fact.

dnl123
07-02-2013, 11:16 PM

That's simply not true. The Wolves were winning early in the year and injuries killed them. Love was gone almost the whole year and they didn't have Rubio until January and even then he was still recovering. I'm 100% sure the Wolves are definitely better than the Mavs or the Jazz are at this moment, and about even with Portland (it will change if the Mavs get Dwight)

OceanSpray
07-02-2013, 11:23 PM
A healthy Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio may be dangerous.

NYKnickFanatic
07-02-2013, 11:39 PM
Time for Lamb to shine!

Ty Fast
07-03-2013, 12:23 AM
nice james harden trade?

Cracka2HI!
07-03-2013, 12:52 AM
The Budinger signing is the one I don't like. Martin got a reasonable contract IMO. I think they could have waited on Budinger and got him MUCH cheaper. None the less I think Minny could be a scary GS type team...but I thought that last year. They were a lot better with Kirilinko. Just like everyone else is saying in this thread...who's gonna play D? I do applaud the Wolves for trying to win tho. Too much tanking going on. The league works best when teams like Minny pay guys like Martin contract like this.

Trueblue2
07-03-2013, 12:53 AM
People are forgetting OKC didn't trade Harden for the chance to keep Kevin Martin long term. It was never in the plans for KMart to be on the team longer than a year, he was included in the deal because he's an expiring. They made the deal for financial purposes and to lock up young talent. As a small market team it's much more important for them to stay under the luxury tax, they simply couldn't afford to keep their team together as it was. They've shown to be well above average at building through the draft and they still have two firsts from that trade. Not to mention Lamb and now Adams.

Lamb didn't get play time last year because there was no room for him in the rotation, he did get to learn the system and get to know his team mates. He was considered one of the better prospects coming out of the draft and I believe he can step up in Martin's role. OKC would be better with Harden right now for sure, but they can't afford to lock up all their talent past their rookie contracts so they did what they had to do. I trust OKC's scouting and drafting too much to say they completely struck out on the Harden deal because Martin is walking in FA. Martin was never the main piece going back, it was all about youth and draft picks.

Twins Fanatic
07-03-2013, 12:57 AM
OKC will be fine; Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka will only get better as they progress. OKC still has a lot of young talent on that bench. Give them a couple of years to develop those young bench players.

Twins Fanatic
07-03-2013, 01:05 AM
Defensively, I don't see how a Rubio-Martin backcourt could be any worst than a Rubio-Ridnour or Rubio-Barea backcourt. Yes I do question Chase at SF, thats gonna suck defensively. Could still see the wolves going after Mayo or try to resign AK if they can move both Ridnour's and Barea's contracts, and possibly even D-Will's.

Bwest4prez
07-03-2013, 01:33 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/7/1/4483668/nba-free-agency-2013-kevin-martin-rumors

sorry for extra post.. mods delete

True Sports Fan
07-03-2013, 01:35 AM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?826913-T-Wolves-offer-Kevin-Martin-4-years-30-mil

Already posted man

Baller1
07-03-2013, 02:55 AM
Presti shot KD's legacy in the heart the second he traded Harden away. KD will not win in OKC and eventually leave... And in turn, his legacy will be tainted for leaving just like Lebron's was.

OKC had a bona fide dynasty in place and ****ed it up royally. What a shame for KD.

RiceOnTheRun
07-03-2013, 04:07 AM

If I was Pek I'd run off to find a team where I can play in the playoffs and make noise. That squad of Martin, Budinger, and Love is the worst ****ing defensive 2-4 there is

Lol that team looks like it has no championship potential whatsoever. Plus, Shabbazz Muhammad doesn't seem like he'll take too kindly to having to share minutes with another player. This might not even make the playoffs, with the way some other Western teams are starting to look. It'd be a squeeze between the Lakers, Dallas, Portland, Utah and Minny for the last two spots in the playoffs.

Oefarmy2005
07-03-2013, 11:15 AM
Lol that team looks like it has no championship potential whatsoever. Plus, Shabbazz Muhammad doesn't seem like he'll take too kindly to having to share minutes with another player. This might not even make the playoffs, with the way some other Western teams are starting to look. It'd be a squeeze between the Lakers, Dallas, Portland, Utah and Minny for the last two spots in the playoffs.

Man, you loose all credibility when you are suggesting that Dallas or the Lakers are better then the Wolves the way they are sitting now. I think that if Portland doesn't get a legitimate center, they are still a step below the Wolves in talent. Utah and GS are basically on the same level - GS overachieved last year in my option.

Carey
07-03-2013, 11:24 AM
KMart was always one and done here, he was a bridge to Jeremy Lamb, they werent gonna go into the luxury tax this year for KMart. They planned on going into for Harden but we know how that ended. Dont feel sorry for us, if KD, Russ, Ibaka, Reggie Jackson, Lamb and PJ3 not to mention Pleiss, Abrines overseas and Adams and Roberson as future role players means our run is suddenly over i think people need to re-evalute what they consider a top 5 team is. We'll supplement our roster with a vet shooter or 2 and be right in the mix for a title this year and for years to come.

Bruno
07-03-2013, 11:26 AM
@sam_amick: The Minnesota Timberwolves have offered Kevin Martin a 4-year deal that could be worth as much as $30 million with incentives. Story to come

Thunder will forever regret the Harden trade.

joke of a trade.^

they had the league in their fingers and they blew it.

JoeBlessU
07-03-2013, 11:44 AM

That was a Great Story.. Compelling and Rich...

I like our team... Rubio, K Love, Pek, Shabazz, K-Mart, Chase Budinger, Shved, D-Will, Dieng providing some D down low.. A lot of talent.. Hopefully they can stay healthy and make a run at the 5-8th seed.. :D

RiLoc
07-03-2013, 01:47 PM
Since this will be the third team that Kevin Martin plays on that's coached by Rick Adelman I'm guessing there is a good relationship there.

I wonder if this will be the third consecutive head coaching job Rick Adelman is fired from when Kevin Martin is on the team.

RiceOnTheRun
07-03-2013, 03:32 PM
Man, you loose all credibility when you are suggesting that Dallas or the Lakers are better then the Wolves the way they are sitting now. I think that if Portland doesn't get a legitimate center, they are still a step below the Wolves in talent. Utah and GS are basically on the same level - GS overachieved last year in my option.

To say they wouldn't be in the mix would be ridiculous. I'm as big of a Laker critic there is, but I have to give both Dallas and LA some credit when it comes to fielding a team. I counted them out of the playoffs last year and they proved me wrong. I'm not saying they'd 100% be in over Minnesota, but they'd definitely be in contention for a playoff spot, no? Minnesota does have talent, don't get me wrong, but I'm just saying there's a ton of competition for those playoff spots. GSW overachieved without a doubt, but I still think they're a lock for the 6th seed. Dallas has one of the best owners in the league when it comes to competing and the Lakers with or without Howard at least deserve to be in the mix for this.

D-Leethal
07-03-2013, 03:57 PM
Thunder are pathetic.

Not even Presti, because he is an astute GM. But their ownership is a joke. Nobody has ever ripped apart a potential dynasty faster than these guys. They won't even win the division next year.

Hawkeye15
07-03-2013, 04:14 PM
To say they wouldn't be in the mix would be ridiculous. I'm as big of a Laker critic there is, but I have to give both Dallas and LA some credit when it comes to fielding a team. I counted them out of the playoffs last year and they proved me wrong. I'm not saying they'd 100% be in over Minnesota, but they'd definitely be in contention for a playoff spot, no? Minnesota does have talent, don't get me wrong, but I'm just saying there's a ton of competition for those playoff spots. GSW overachieved without a doubt, but I still think they're a lock for the 6th seed. Dallas has one of the best owners in the league when it comes to competing and the Lakers with or without Howard at least deserve to be in the mix for this.

If Dwight leaves, unless Kobe heals ridiculously faster than expected, a 40 year old Nash and Pau Gasol will be your weapons. Tough to keep up in the west with that combination.

The Mavs, we have no clue what they will look like yet, so I am holding off on them.

GS has the point differential of a 44 win team. They were somewhat of a fluke.

Basically, now is the time to be a 48-55 win team out west, which the Wolves have the capability of doing if they play their cards right, and injuries don't destroy them again.

Baller1
07-03-2013, 06:06 PM
Thunder are pathetic.

Not even Presti, because he is an astute GM. But their ownership is a joke. Nobody has ever ripped apart a potential dynasty faster than these guys. They won't even win the division next year.

Clay Bennett FTW.

DR_1
07-03-2013, 08:29 PM
Presti shot KD's legacy in the heart the second he traded Harden away. KD will not win in OKC and eventually leave... And in turn, his legacy will be tainted for leaving just like Lebron's was.

OKC had a bona fide dynasty in place and ****ed it up royally. What a shame for KD.

:facepalm:

Finally someone talking about the Harden trade that can actually think!

Jumba
07-04-2013, 01:45 PM
RICKY / MARTIN backcourt will be realized!!!!

sep11ie
07-04-2013, 01:59 PM
KMArt just didn't like that whole playoff thang.

Tony_Starks
07-04-2013, 05:09 PM
I like Martins game. They overpaid but it's still not a bad signing.

Wolves might be the 10th best team in the West now, if healthy. Congrats!

topdog
07-04-2013, 05:53 PM

Who are the 9 better teams?

At the moment; the Lakers, Mavs and Jazz all have lost/may be on the verge of losing impact players and already were sitting at the bottom of the playoff picture.

topdog
07-04-2013, 05:53 PM

At the moment; the Lakers, Mavs and Jazz all have lost/may be on the verge of losing impact players and already were sitting at the bottom of the playoff picture.

Tony_Starks
07-04-2013, 06:09 PM

I'd take all the playoff teams over them still. We dont know what the Mavs will do, and I like Utahs core of youth better. Also if NO keeps Gordon, Holiday and Evans I'd take their core over them as well.

Hawkeye15
07-04-2013, 06:17 PM
I'd take all the playoff teams over them still. We dont know what the Mavs will do, and I like Utahs core of youth better. Also if NO keeps Gordon, Holiday and Evans I'd take their core over them as well.

Wolves won 31 games with the most missed games due to injury in forever. Love missed all but 18 games, and was not Love when he played. Rubio missed 25, took him another 25 to get his knee right. Budinger missed 60 games. Lee/Howard all year. Pekovic/AK nearly 20 apiece. Hell our coach missed 11 games. I am surprised our mascot Crunch didn't tear his acl.

If a normal health rate, the Wolves were considered a playoff caliber team. Why wouldn't they be at this point, especially if Dwight leaves (Kobe is not going to be Kobe this year), Utah just let their big men go and will depend on a rookie PG, GS overachieved heavily, Mavs stripped their roster for Dwight and if he doesn't come, they have a 35 year old Dirk and whatever scraps they can get, etc......

Like I said before, in this years west, 50 wins guarantees you playoffs. Hell, you might not even be able to win that in order to make it. Unless the Wolves are destroyed by injuries again, you can bet they are a playoff team. And I have been the first one to call out my team for a long time, I just believe they finally have the roster to make it. Hell, I did last year, but injuries killed us. Going into this season (if we retain Pekovic), with no injury concerns, just fortifies my opinion.

Hawkeye15
07-04-2013, 06:18 PM
You think Love is a stat padder, but like Tyreke?

eww

sammyvine
07-04-2013, 06:20 PM
thunder are pathetic.

Not even presti, because he is an astute gm. But their ownership is a joke. Nobody has ever ripped apart a potential dynasty faster than these guys. They won't even win the division next year.

lol talk about overreaction

Tony_Starks
07-04-2013, 06:53 PM
Wolves won 31 games with the most missed games due to injury in forever. Love missed all but 18 games, and was not Love when he played. Rubio missed 25, took him another 25 to get his knee right. Budinger missed 60 games. Lee/Howard all year. Pekovic/AK nearly 20 apiece. Hell our coach missed 11 games. I am surprised our mascot Crunch didn't tear his acl.

If a normal health rate, the Wolves were considered a playoff caliber team. Why wouldn't they be at this point, especially if Dwight leaves (Kobe is not going to be Kobe this year), Utah just let their big men go and will depend on a rookie PG, GS overachieved heavily, Mavs stripped their roster for Dwight and if he doesn't come, they have a 35 year old Dirk and whatever scraps they can get, etc......

Like I said before, in this years west, 50 wins guarantees you playoffs. Hell, you might not even be able to win that in order to make it. Unless the Wolves are destroyed by injuries again, you can bet they are a playoff team. And I have been the first one to call out my team for a long time, I just believe they finally have the roster to make it. Hell, I did last year, but injuries killed us. Going into this season (if we retain Pekovic), with no injury concerns, just fortifies my opinion.

I think you're seriously underestimating Utah. Losing Al just gives more time for Favors and Kantors who showed that they can play. It's addition by subtraction.

Lakers had the most injury riddled season ever and were still a playoff team on their worst day. You're assuming what Kobe will do but have no idea, just like the rest of us.

I'm not impressed by the Wolves roster at all and to top it off they're not even sure if the coach is coming back. Until they show me otherwise I'm looking at them as a scrub team.

Tony_Starks
07-04-2013, 06:59 PM
You think Love is a stat padder, but like Tyreke?

eww

So far Love and Tyreke have showed me the same thing; good numbers on garbage team that had absolutely no impact on wins. But I like the prospect of Evans, Gordon, Holiday, and Davis better than Love, Pek, Rubio and Budinger.

Hawkeye15
07-04-2013, 07:05 PM
I think you're seriously underestimating Utah. Losing Al just gives more time for Favors and Kantors who showed that they can play. It's addition by subtraction.

Lakers had the most injury riddled season ever and were still a playoff team on their worst day. You're assuming what Kobe will do but have no idea, just like the rest of us.

I'm not impressed by the Wolves roster at all and to top it off they're not even sure if the coach is coming back. Until they show me otherwise I'm looking at them as a scrub team.

Lakers had around 165 games missed total due to injury, with their top 2 players missing a combined total of 10 games.

Wolves had 285 games missed in their projected 8 man rotation, sprinkle in torn acl's to both Lee and Howard on top of that. No team has had the Wolves injuries.

Soooooooooooooooo, not even close.

You don't need to be impressed, I am not asking for your approval. I am simply rebutting your opinion with mine. We never agree on anything, that is obvious.

Utah's frontcourt is gone btw, not just Al.

Hawkeye15
07-04-2013, 07:06 PM
So far Love and Tyreke have showed me the same thing; good numbers on garbage team that had absolutely no impact on wins. But I like the prospect of Evans, Gordon, Holiday, and Davis better than Love, Pek, Rubio and Budinger.

Well, you understand that essentially everyone disagrees with your assessment of Love, right?

Tony_Starks
07-04-2013, 07:08 PM
Lakers had around 165 games missed total due to injury, with their top 2 players missing a combined total of 10 games.

Wolves had 285 games missed in their projected 8 man rotation, sprinkle in torn acl's to both Lee and Howard on top of that. No team has had the Wolves injuries.

Soooooooooooooooo, not even close.

You don't need to be impressed, I am not asking for your approval. I am simply rebutting your opinion with mine. We never agree on anything, that is obvious.

Utah's frontcourt is gone btw, not just Al.

I'm talking about in Laker history, and their starting lineup played I think maybe 12 games together. That's a pretty big deal.

Also when did Utah lose their young bigs? I thought it was just Al and Milsap that were FA's?

Hawkeye15
07-04-2013, 10:06 PM
I'm talking about in Laker history, and their starting lineup played I think maybe 12 games together. That's a pretty big deal.

Also when did Utah lose their young bigs? I thought it was just Al and Milsap that were FA's?

what does Laker history have to do with 2013-14? If and when they lose Dwight?

Yeah, they lost their starting frontcourt. If you think the Jazz frontcourt is even remotely as imposing as the Wolves with Love/Pek, it shows your colors.

You still were called out for bull **** info. The Lakers suffered the worst injuries? Um, not even close bud.

topdog
07-04-2013, 10:16 PM

The Wolves only played something like 25 minutes with both Rubio and Love on the floor last year. That is a pretty big deal.

I like Favors a lot and Kanter seems like a quality player, but I'm not going to assume that they step right in and don't lose a beat on Milsap and Jefferson who couldn't get that team into the playoffs. Not to mention that nearly everyone in Utah is a FA and there is little to say positive about their backcourt.

You obviously have some kind of bias against the Wolves when you assume 3 teams with empty rosters are going to be better than them.

Carey
07-04-2013, 10:32 PM
Adelman will use KMart to his strengths(not much off the dribble), Rubio will be a great for him as well. I can see KMart being very very productive and efficient there.

Tony_Starks
07-04-2013, 10:48 PM
what does Laker history have to do with 2013-14? If and when they lose Dwight?

Yeah, they lost their starting frontcourt. If you think the Jazz frontcourt is even remotely as imposing as the Wolves with Love/Pek, it shows your colors.

You still were called out for bull **** info. The Lakers suffered the worst injuries? Um, not even close bud.

My info was accurate but I think you missed the context. The Lakers had the most injury riddled season to multiple players in THEIR particular history. Yet and still they made the playoffs. So if they're remotely healthy next season I would still rank them over Minny, with or without Dwight.

I'll gladly bet on Kobe, Nash, Gasol and whoever they add over the Wolves.

Also of course I wouldn't take Utahs bigs over the Wolves but if you watched them last year you'd know that getting them playing time is the best thing Utah couldve did. They can ball.

Tony_Starks
07-04-2013, 10:51 PM
The Wolves only played something like 25 minutes with both Rubio and Love on the floor last year. That is a pretty big deal.

I like Favors a lot and Kanter seems like a quality player, but I'm not going to assume that they step right in and don't lose a beat on Milsap and Jefferson who couldn't get that team into the playoffs. Not to mention that nearly everyone in Utah is a FA and there is little to say positive about their backcourt.

You obviously have some kind of bias against the Wolves when you assume 3 teams with empty rosters are going to be better than them.

You're also assuming those 3 teams will still have empty rosters come the start of the season. That's a pretty big assumption with FA just starting....

I'm not biased against the Wolves but they have been horrible for like a decade. Could this be the year they finally get relevant? Perhaps but I'll believe it when I see it. I don't really see overpaying Martin as this over the top get them back in the playoffs type deal.

Hawkeye15
07-04-2013, 10:55 PM
My info was accurate but I think you missed the context. The Lakers had the most injury riddled season to multiple players in THEIR particular history. Yet and still they made the playoffs. So if they're remotely healthy next season I would still rank them over Minny, with or without Dwight.

I'll gladly bet on Kobe, Nash, Gasol and whoever they add over the Wolves.

Also of course I wouldn't take Utahs bigs over the Wolves but if you watched them last year you'd know that getting them playing time is the best thing Utah couldve did. They can ball.

boo hoo. Wolves lost more games to injury exponentially, that is a FACT.

I honestly don't care where you rank the Lakers or Wolves, despite whatever you have attempted, you are a homer Laker fan. And you do not like the Wolves.

As I said, we don't agree. On anything. Lets move on Tony.....

Hawkeye15
07-04-2013, 10:56 PM

wasting your time dude.

topdog
07-04-2013, 11:19 PM
wasting your time dude.

Apparently, but one more just 'cuz I'm bored.

topdog
07-04-2013, 11:23 PM
You're also assuming those 3 teams will still have empty rosters come the start of the season. That's a pretty big assumption with FA just starting....

I'm not biased against the Wolves but they have been horrible for like a decade. Could this be the year they finally get relevant? Perhaps but I'll believe it when I see it. I don't really see overpaying Martin as this over the top get them back in the playoffs type deal.

So...

1. Why bother mentioning where you rank the Wolves if the offseason is just starting?

2. If we're ranking teams at the moment, I can only respond to who is actually on the roster. Further, there are only so many free agents to be had and some of these teams waiting on Dwight are going to have to settle once they're turned down.

3. I don't remember anyone saying that Kevin Martin was "the answer." Actually, the primary discussion has been that the Wolves were on the verge of making the playoffs two years ago when Rubio went down and started off last season well enough before the 5th or 6th injury. Martin fills a need and he and Budinger were pretty successful with Adelman in Houston without a Kevin Love or Nikola Pekovic.

HouRealCoach
07-04-2013, 11:38 PM
Love, Rubio, Pekovic, Martin, D-Will, Barea, Shabazz is a pretty good core... I don't know what you guys are thinking

Tony_Starks
07-05-2013, 12:02 AM
So...

1. Why bother mentioning where you rank the Wolves if the offseason is just starting?

2. If we're ranking teams at the moment, I can only respond to who is actually on the roster. Further, there are only so many free agents to be had and some of these teams waiting on Dwight are going to have to settle once they're turned down.

3. I don't remember anyone saying that Kevin Martin was "the answer." Actually, the primary discussion has been that the Wolves were on the verge of making the playoffs two years ago when Rubio went down and started off last season well enough before the 5th or 6th injury. Martin fills a need and he and Budinger were pretty successful with Adelman in Houston without a Kevin Love or Nikola Pekovic.

I personally see them as a .500 team as we sit. To me the biggest factor will be Kevin Love. Now that they have a few pieces this is the chance to show he's a superstar that can lead a team. If he can do that then they should make the playoffs but I have my doubts on him....