PDA

View Full Version : Chase Budinger 3 yr 16M return to TWolves

joeystats
07-02-2013, 05:18 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 32s
Chase Budinger has reached agreement on a three-year, $16 million deal to return to Minnesota, league source tells Y! Sports.

Hawkeye15
07-02-2013, 05:19 PM
hopefully they sign Redick, and then go over the cap to keep Pekovic. With a healthy Love/Budinger, and the addition of Redick hopefully, we won't be the worst shooting team ever again.

Iron24th
07-02-2013, 05:20 PM
Webster, splitter and now budinger, summer of overpaids scrubs

AI
07-02-2013, 05:20 PM
This guy is still in the NBA?

Colts_4_life
07-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Webster, splitter and now budinger, summer of overpaids scrubs

you mad?

kblo247
07-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Is this the 50s? Likewise I think that's overpaying for a guy coming off knee surgery who hasn't proven to be 6th man worthy for a full year. I guess he replace AK though as wolves get another 10th seed finish.

**** is wrong with this market. Splitter getting 9M a year, Webseter pulling in 22, and Bud getting over 5. Parity my ***, they just wanted to leech some revenue sharing off the big markets to **** up with even stupider contracts

Stunner
07-02-2013, 05:43 PM
I'm loving my Dunleavy deal , two years 6 million 2nd year team option.

Guppyfighter
07-02-2013, 05:45 PM
I think everyone who thinks these contracts are bad need to use advanced metrics. Because every team making these deals are certainly using them because these players are very good and not old. Time to stop using name value to evaluate players.

Webster is a fantastic role player, Splitter is a fantastic defensive anchor and efficient scorer, and Buddinger is a fantastic player.

slaker619
07-02-2013, 05:46 PM
Good move!

Stunner
07-02-2013, 05:46 PM
You're using the word fantastic a Lil too much lol

Guppyfighter
07-02-2013, 05:47 PM
You're using the word fantastic a Lil too much lol

No such thing.

Iron24th
07-02-2013, 05:49 PM
you mad?

I think everyone who thinks these contracts are bad need to use advanced metrics. Because every team making these deals are certainly using them because these players are very good and not old. Time to stop using name value to evaluate players.

Webster is a fantastic role player, Splitter is a fantastic defensive anchor and efficient scorer, and Buddinger is a fantastic player.

:laugh:

Guppyfighter
07-02-2013, 05:52 PM
I like it when people try to act like they know better than the god damned Spurs. The most dominant Sports franchise in the last 16 years.

rockets-fan
He's worth 5 mil a year, at least if he's still the same player he was in houston

Stunner
Lmfao

Hawkeye15

While I think Budinger got overpaid slightly, he does fit a role in Adelman's offense, and does it well. We are starving for shooters and players that move without the ball on offense, which Budinger does.

Guppyfighter
07-02-2013, 05:55 PM
Budinger is the perfect fit for the Wolves team and system.

Hawkeye15
07-02-2013, 05:56 PM
Budinger is the perfect fit for the Wolves team and system.

like I said, I am praying we land Redick, and re-sign Pekovic. Having floor spacers and guys who move without the ball will make life so much easier for Rubio and our interior players, and Rick can now sprinkle in his corner game and Princeton style movement that we haven't been able to do. We were so awful shooting the ball last year, by game 40, teams didn't even bother on run outs when Rubio made a nice skip pass to a wide open shooter, cause it was an auto-clank.

Iron24th
07-02-2013, 05:58 PM
I like it when people try to act like they know better than the god damned Spurs. The most dominant Sports franchise in the last 16 years.

Really? Lakers aren't in the same conversation with 5 titles and 7 Finals appearences while SA has 4 titles and 5 Finals appearences?

Seems like you mad.

Hawkeye15
07-02-2013, 06:02 PM
Really? Lakers aren't in the same conversation with 5 titles and 7 Finals appearences while SA has 4 titles and 5 Finals appearences?

Seems like you mad.

The Spurs did it a much smarter way however. Nobody has the ability to stay at the Lakers or Knicks payroll besides those two teams. San Antonio did it in a much more intelligent way. That can't be argued.

Iron24th
07-02-2013, 06:07 PM
The Spurs did it a much smarter way however. Nobody has the ability to stay at the Lakers or Knicks payroll besides those two teams. San Antonio did it in a much more intelligent way. That can't be argued.

SA is a great organisation, a smart one, no one will deny it, it's not the point.

The point is you can't talk about one of the most winning franchise from the past decade without bringing both SA and Lakers.

Guppyfighter
07-02-2013, 06:13 PM
Spurs have been ruthlessly consistent. Highest winning percentage, most division titles, four titles.

And do not talk to me about the Lakers "five" rings. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjRcTiwVEwo

kblo247
07-02-2013, 06:25 PM
Spurs have been ruthlessly consistent. Highest winning percentage, most division titles, four titles.

And do not talk to me about the Lakers "five" rings. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjRcTiwVEwo

Got thumped out the postseason by la numerous times, never defended a title or made b2b finals .... Miss me with that

Iron24th
07-02-2013, 06:26 PM

Lol division titles, ask any NBA player or any fan how does it feel to have a division title instead of an NBA championship.

You have no clue what you're talking about.

Iron24th
07-02-2013, 06:27 PM
Got thumped out the postseason by la numerous times, never defended a title or made b2b finals .... Miss me with that

Post Season Meetings 34–18 (LAL)
1982 Western Conference Finals Lakers won, 4-0
1983 Western Conference Finals Lakers won, 4-2
1986 Western Conference First Round Lakers won, 3-0
1988 Western Conference First Round Lakers won, 3-0
1995 Western Conference Semifinals Spurs won, 4-2
1999 Western Conference Semifinals Spurs won, 4–0
2001 Western Conference Finals Lakers won, 4–0
2002 Western Conference Semifinals Lakers won, 4–1
2003 Western Conference Semifinals Spurs won, 4–2
2004 Western Conference Semifinals Lakers won, 4–2
2008 Western Conference Finals Lakers won, 4–1
2013 Western Conference First Round

Guppyfighter
07-02-2013, 06:29 PM
Spurs have four titles. And none of them have a giant asterisk like the Lakers 2002 title.

Spurs front office has produced the highest winning percentage of any sports franchise ever in the last 16 years and won four titles.

If you were given a random market. Who do you call to build your team, the Lakers or the Spurs? I am really interested in your answer.

Iron24th
07-02-2013, 06:35 PM
Spurs have four titles. And none of them have a giant asterisk like the Lakers 2002 title.

Spurs front office has produced the highest winning percentage of any sports franchise ever in the last 16 years and won four titles.

If you were given a random market. Who do you call to build your team, the Lakers or the Spurs? I am really interested in your answer.

Last time I checked everybody puts an asterisk to the 99 spurs title.

LA has more titles and Finals appearences, who cares about winning percentage except you???

Did it get Lebron a title in cleveland? No really think before you talk, it's getting ridiculous.

thechom80
07-02-2013, 06:35 PM
Change the title of this to "Spurs".

topdog
07-02-2013, 06:40 PM
SA is a great organisation, a smart one, no one will deny it, it's not the point.

The point is you can't talk about one of the most winning franchise from the past decade without bringing both SA and Lakers.

The point was (before we got all off track) that San Antonio is great at evaluating talent and making smart moves. They scouted out and secured the rights to their key players in Manu and Parker, Kawhi Leonard (after Geroge Hill) and coached other guys back into the league like Danny Green.

Yes, LA has won, but they don't evaluate talent - they purchase it.

topdog
07-02-2013, 06:41 PM
Anyway, good to have Chase back. Interesting to see that he's never played 36 minutes but has projected to be a 15ppg scorer in 36 for the last 4yrs.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/budinch01.html

Iron24th
07-02-2013, 06:44 PM
The point was (before we got all off track) that San Antonio is great at evaluating talent and making smart moves. They scouted out and secured the rights to their key players in Manu and Parker, Kawhi Leonard (after Geroge Hill) and coached other guys back into the league like Danny Green.

100% agree.

Hawkeye, you and me are on the same page.

There is just one hater trying to imply that regular season winning percentage is more important than winning the title.

Guppyfighter
07-02-2013, 06:46 PM
100% agree.

There is just one hater trying to imply that regular season winning percentage is more important than winning the title.

Spurs four titles is by far more impressive than the Lakers five titles.

Could you imagine the Spurs with the Lakers market.

tredigs
07-02-2013, 06:51 PM

Hold up there - What's "fantastic" about Chase? A non-playmaking small forward with subpar lateral quickness defensively and little one on one capabilities. Some of his advanced stats are a career 14.2 PER, 0.098 WS/48, 109 Orating+109 Drating, .541 TS%, 9.0 TRB% with a 15.7/5.6/2.2 Per-36 min on 43/36/80. There is nothing "fantastic" about any of that. He is very, very average at this point, and looked terrible following his knee injury this past season. We don't know how that will effect him going forward, but it's never a good thing.

I think he's a solid fit with Minny and it's not a terrible contract, but let's not get ahead of ourselves with the hyperbole here, especially when you're trying to act smarter than everyone else.

Iron24th
07-02-2013, 06:53 PM
Spurs four titles is by far more impressive than the Lakers five titles.

Could you imagine the Spurs with the Lakers market.

Far more impressive maybe (and it's just your biased opinion) but not most winning, and that's a fact.

Lakers made a threepeat (the only team to make it since the MJ era) then two Finals appearences then a repeat.

Have fun finding some fan who would not be impressed by that.

Guppyfighter
07-02-2013, 06:57 PM
There was a book by a referee on how rigged that 2002 game was. Please stop referencing the three peat.

It's by far the darkest moment in NBA history.

kblo247
07-02-2013, 07:00 PM

The lakers had the youngest team to go three straight finals and be repeat champions just a couple years ago, of the past two decades. Kobe was brought up there, Fisher was brought up, Farmar, Sasha, Luke, Bynum, Ronny. Heck Odom was developed into a PF there while Pau was taught how to win. And don't forget the development of Ariza and Brown who were going out the league much like Danny Green. Even the big men were made use if as Phil got production out of Powell and Mbenga when called on.

Its fair to say the first three peat with Kobe and Shaq wasn't because of development but the 08-10 run was all from the ground up as no one but Kobe and Fish had winning experience, heck Pau was 0/12 and just a one time all star who became a multi time all nba player in LA.

And it just doesn't impress me when you can't defend your ring like a true dynasty. Its harder to defended it while being hunted than win it and then skip 2-4 years to recharge, the spurs from Duncan to pop have never had the mental or physical fortitude to come close

Iron24th
07-02-2013, 07:05 PM
There was a book by a referee on how rigged that 2002 game was. Please stop referencing the three peat.

It's by far the darkest moment in NBA history.

Oh so, if there was a book, there was a book on aliens too, you're such a hater.

Threepeat-2 Finals-repeat , deal with it :cool:

Guppyfighter
07-02-2013, 07:08 PM
Oh so, if there was a book, there was a book on aliens too, you're such a hater.

I am not a conspiracy theorist for much of anything. In fact, I make it a point to disagree with them.

However, this is not a conspiracy. It's an undisputed fact that the 2002 game was rigged. That being said. Who would you trust building a team more if they had the same exact market?

If you don't pick the Spurs, you are lying. The Spurs ability to contend for 16 years in a row is a remarkable feet no one will ever be able to accomplish other than them.

Iron24th
07-02-2013, 07:16 PM
I am not a conspiracy theorist for much of anything. In fact, I make it a point to disagree with them.

However, this is not a conspiracy. It's an undisputed fact that the 2002 game was rigged. That being said. Who would you trust building a team more if they had the same exact market?

If you don't pick the Spurs, you are lying. The Spurs ability to contend for 16 years in a row is a remarkable feet no one will ever be able to accomplish other than them.

Not the point.

The debate was who was the most successful franchise between the two, fact is the Lakers.

End of story, no need to argue about anything else.

Hawkeye15
07-02-2013, 07:36 PM
100% agree.

flip the management. How many titles would each have?

Answer for you: Lakers have so many titles it's stupid, Spurs less than 5 very easily.

Imagine if Buford had an unlimited supply of money and the appeal of LA, while Buss had financial cutoffs and the appeal of SA.

Hawkeye15
07-02-2013, 07:37 PM
Not the point.

The debate was who was the most successful franchise between the two, fact is the Lakers.

but that wasn't the point dude. At all.

farren.louis
07-02-2013, 07:49 PM

kblo247
07-02-2013, 08:31 PM
flip the management. How many titles would each have?

Answer for you: Lakers have so many titles it's stupid, Spurs less than 5 very easily.

Imagine if Buford had an unlimited supply of money and the appeal of LA, while Buss had financial cutoffs and the appeal of SA.the Lakers were Buss only business. Kobe generates 90M annually, Mgic and Kareem, Shaq etc were marketed by Buss because they all have more enigmatic personalities than Duncan ... Same with Phil and Pop which is why the pay grade differs so.

Buss funds were never unlimited, they were never as deep as Dolan, Cuban, Allen, etc ... He just marketed a team, marketed stars, marketed his product better because they were the lone business venture. He ran a perfect team and business all at once, the spurs can't say the exact say as they aren't consumer from delay most their time in the league thus the horrible finals ratings and lack of sponsors or networks lining up to give them billions.

You can't overlook that

IversonIsKrazy
07-02-2013, 09:01 PM
I dont get why the thread is Lakers vs Spurs lol. Back to topic: Another overpaid role player so far. How does Chase get $5M+/yr after his injury. Averaging 8/3, 39% FG since injury earns $5M+/yr. Makes no sense. Dude shouldn't get more than $2M/yr.

Hawkeye15
07-02-2013, 09:09 PM
I dont get why the thread is Lakers vs Spurs lol. Back to topic: Another overpaid role player so far. How does Chase get $5M+/yr after his injury. Averaging 8/3, 39% FG since injury earns $5M+/yr. Makes no sense. Dude shouldn't get more than $2M/yr.

while I think he was overpaid, Chase has always been healthy previous, and was a decent scorer under Rick's system. He is a nice addition if he stays healthy, as expected.

True Sports Fan
07-02-2013, 09:45 PM
Not the point.

Well you can clearly see that you know Lakers shouldn't have 2002 championship.

2-ONE-5
07-02-2013, 10:05 PM
makes the Webster deal look that much worse

c.c.
07-03-2013, 12:22 AM
I miss Air Bud playing for the Rockets

DDynO
07-03-2013, 02:13 AM
Bud got paid!

2-ONE-5
07-03-2013, 12:21 PM

its well known what Donaghy did to get out of debt...