PDA

View Full Version : if your team is chasing DwightHoward, will this change your mind about it?

eternal slumber
07-02-2013, 01:10 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/22610148/whoever-wins-howard-sweepstakes-will-land-the-nbas-biggest-loser

quote from the article:

"My team in Orlando was a team of guys who nobody wanted," Howard said earlier this season, "and I was the leader and I led that team with a smile on my face."

G-Menn!
07-02-2013, 01:12 PM
wow..

abe_froman
07-02-2013, 01:13 PM
he's the only 20/10+ center in the league,he's worth the risk

eternal slumber
07-02-2013, 01:18 PM

yeah but this is quite something. i'm a huge Rockets fan and we have a up and coming team James Harden flirting of being a top 5 player in the near future and Chandler Parsons who have shown flashes of being a star.

i'm a bit worried to be honest if we do sign him.

ThunderousDemon
07-02-2013, 01:22 PM
This is old news.

abe_froman
07-02-2013, 01:24 PM
yeah but this is quite something. i'm a huge Rockets fan and we have a up and coming team James Harden flirting of being a top 5 player in the near future and Chandler Parsons who have shown flashes of being a star.

i'm a bit worried to be honest if we do sign him.

it is,alot of these young superstars are very immature in this day,dunno why and i hate it,its very sad.but they leave us with little alternative,if we dont sign guys like them than we can kiss our title hopes goodbye.i'd be worried though to(like the guys my team went after in 2010),but its worth the gamble

herewegocubbies
07-02-2013, 01:28 PM

He is a chemistry killer and has average 20/10+ 2 out of the last 4 seasons and only 4 seasons out of his 9 years in the league. He is not worth the risk in my opinion. The Heat have shown you don't necessarily need a dominant center to win a title in the league now a days. Hard working hustling centers like Noah, Chandler, Horford, Hibbert would be my preference over the premadonna, over hyped Howard.

eternal slumber
07-02-2013, 01:31 PM
He is a chemistry killer and has average 20/10+ 2 out of the last 4 seasons and only 4 seasons out of his 9 years in the league. He is not worth the risk in my opinion. The Heat have shown you don't necessarily need a dominant center to win a title in the league now a days.

but the Heat have the best player in the entire galaxy. anytime you have that, you'll always have a chance. not every team is perfect.

diu9leilomo
07-02-2013, 01:32 PM
He is a chemistry killer and has average 20/10+ 2 out of the last 4 seasons and only 4 seasons out of his 9 years in the league. He is not worth the risk in my opinion. The Heat have shown you don't necessarily need a dominant center to win a title in the league now a days.

Yea cause all you need is Lebron :eyebrow:

blastmasta26
07-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Immature and an arrogant thing to say? Yes, but it's also somewhat true. I don't think any team that Howard chooses to go to should be worried since that inherently means he will be happy there.

herewegocubbies
07-02-2013, 01:35 PM
but the Heat have the best player in the entire galaxy. anytime you have that, you'll always have a chance. not every team is perfect.

True. I'm just fed up with everyone coddling this guy. Hard working hustling centers like Noah, Chandler, Horford, Hibbert would be my preference over the premadonna, over hyped Howard.

PhillyFaninLA
07-02-2013, 01:36 PM
I want to here audio and know exactly the full context and question that led to this....its important to have facts before judgement

Hellcrooner
07-02-2013, 01:42 PM

Give enough minutes and touches to Hibbert, Marc Gasol , Pekovic, bogut ..... and he wouldnt be the only one.

abe_froman
07-02-2013, 01:43 PM
He is a chemistry killer and has average 20/10+ 2 out of the last 4 seasons and only 4 seasons out of his 9 years in the league. He is not worth the risk in my opinion. The Heat have shown you don't necessarily need a dominant center to win a title in the league now a days. Hard working hustling centers like Noah, Chandler, Horford, Hibbert would be my preference over the premadonna, over hyped Howard.
talent usually wins out in this league(sad to say)and he's a top 10 player,he gives you a better shot the guys you mentioned unless you have other star players at other positions.i certainly like those other centers more though.

eternal slumber
07-02-2013, 01:52 PM
Immature and an arrogant thing to say? Yes, but it's also somewhat true. I don't think any team that Howard chooses to go to should be worried since that inherently means he will be happy there.

good point. if i do remember correctly, Lakers isn't his preferred destination to be traded but it was to Brooklyn.

just remembered how DMF was posting back then, LOL!

Chronz
07-02-2013, 02:23 PM
Give enough minutes and touches to Hibbert, Marc Gasol , Pekovic, bogut ..... and he wouldnt be the only one.

Things is, those guys need alot more of those than he did. Someone could average 50PPG if he got all the touches and minutes he wanted, but thats not what people get at when they label someone as a productive 20-10 guy. Its an arbitrary benchmark, but the point is, hes the games most productive center when healthy, it should be left at that.

Hellcrooner
07-02-2013, 02:27 PM
Things is, those guys need alot more of those than he did. Someone could average 50PPG if he got all the touches and minutes he wanted, but thats not what people get at when they label someone as a productive 20-10 guy. Its an arbitrary benchmark, but the point is, hes the games most productive center when healthy, it should be left at that.

Not really, not that much more tocuhes ( if at all) the difficult task is the rebounds.

Id like to see Marc withouth Zach in that regard.

blahblahyoutoo
07-02-2013, 02:33 PM
he's just speaking the truth.

and i wouldn't take dwight regardless, unless he came for cheeeeeeap. and by cheap I mean $5-8M per season with a role limited to defense, rebounding and put backs only.

blahblahyoutoo
07-02-2013, 02:34 PM
I want to here audio and know exactly the full context and question that led to this....its important to have facts before judgement

would you settle for there audio?

lol, please
07-02-2013, 04:29 PM
Leave that logic behind PhillyfaninLA, this is PSD, where good players of a current era are automatically the greatest ever, among other irrationalities.

Aust
07-02-2013, 04:42 PM
The Heat have shown you don't necessarily need a dominant center to win a title in the league now a days.

They have Lebron James........

PhillyFaninLA
07-02-2013, 04:45 PM
would you settle for there audio?

Clever, make fun of a typo....stay classy....like you didn't know what I meant

KingPosey
07-02-2013, 04:54 PM
Didn't he say this last year?

sunsfan88
07-02-2013, 04:58 PM
Whatever that Dwight will be on next season will be the most disappointing team of 2013. I said this when the Lakers got him and I'll say it again.

There was only one team that could keep Dwight under control...that was the Nets. And since that didn't happen, these are now all his second choices.

3RDASYSTEM
07-02-2013, 05:00 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/22610148/whoever-wins-howard-sweepstakes-will-land-the-nbas-biggest-loser

quote from the article:

"My team in Orlando was a team of guys who nobody wanted," Howard said earlier this season, "and I was the leader and I led that team with a smile on my face."

well this should validate BRON for leaving CAVS

nobody wanted newble-andy-big z

I even feel worse now for AI and his 10 1/2yr run in PHI, what a waste

dolfan720
07-02-2013, 05:03 PM
This is old news.

This^....Im not too worried. He has to mature soon right?

odiz
07-02-2013, 05:20 PM

Well not really actually. Hes not a very good decision maker. He CHOSE to exercise his option in Orlando and he obviously wasnt happy there and he CHOSE to accept a deal to LA and he obviously wasnt happy there either.

xxplayerxx23
07-02-2013, 05:22 PM
Every team in the NBA would take him. He's a 18-14 type guy with defense that changes your team around when he is healthy. He is worth the immature and bull ****.

tredigs
07-02-2013, 05:28 PM
Not really, not that much more tocuhes ( if at all) the difficult task is the rebounds.

Marc's not the rebounder Dwight is, is the bottom line. Howard still averaged 12.5 rebounds per-36 with a back in recovery and Pau alongside him (and has never averaged less than 11 per-36). Marc's yet to average even 9.5 per-36.

Howard's also always averaged more points per-36 on higher efficiency. And his peak was 12.8 fga in a season (tho' he does get to the line more which should not go unnoticed). Howard's the better defensive player as well, though. He's just better.

But if Dwight's back doesn't improve, that won't be the case for long. And Gasol's passing ability over D. Howard doesn't go unnoticed.

Chronz
07-02-2013, 05:33 PM

Maybe, Im just saying the stats will still favor Dwight and the more help you need to put up stats, the less impressive they become.

Whos a better rebounder, the guy who gets 9.5 in 28 minutes, or the guy who gets 10 in like 38?

ThunderousDemon
07-02-2013, 05:34 PM
Whatever that Dwight will be on next season will be the most disappointing team of 2013. I said this when the Lakers got him and I'll say it again.

There was only one team that could keep Dwight under control...that was the Nets. And since that didn't happen, these are now all his second choices.

You're so wise. You should be the Suns GM.

Tony_Starks
07-02-2013, 05:39 PM
I've been a Laker fan my entire life and I'm totally disgusted with their pursuit of Howard. We didn't even sweat Kobe like this. KOBE!!!

Jerry Bus is rolling in his grave.

smith&wesson
07-02-2013, 07:19 PM
ummmm im pretty sure he is right though. who was on his team ? a washed up reshard lewis ? hedo ?? lol that team was garbage with out howard.

ThuglifeJ
07-02-2013, 09:14 PM
ummmm im pretty sure he is right though. who was on his team ? a washed up reshard lewis ? hedo ?? lol that team was garbage with out howard.

So what if they were the columnist is right for the most part. He plays victim, a HUGE backstabber, and has delusional narcism. Ive never heard that term until now and it fits the current Dwight Howard perfectly. All that fun-loving Howard we saw in the past is just a joke to look back on now because we know how he actually feels about his teammates and other people. He's a friggin child. Not just immature, literally a child.

Redicks comment was perfect. Redicks not even that much older than Dwight and he speaks like he's his father. Dwights an idiot, he wants this huge level of fame and tries to maintain this HUGE ego but easily sets himself up to get called out by a role player 6'5" Redick

blastmasta26
07-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Well not really actually. Hes not a very good decision maker. He CHOSE to exercise his option in Orlando and he obviously wasnt happy there and he CHOSE to accept a deal to LA and he obviously wasnt happy there either.

That's true, but based on some stuff I heard around the time of those decisions, he may have been somewhat pressured into doing those things by Orlando and his desire to remain liked by the public. I think in free agency he will be able to pick a team he truly wants to go to and will be satisfied there. And of course I don't know exactly how he will feel.