PDA

View Full Version : Does any of the Howard ditched teams panic by signing..............

Hellcrooner
07-02-2013, 12:21 PM
Mavs, rockets, warriors, clippers , hawks blah blah all crazy for dwights ***.

Some of them have the capsapce so when they get ditched cause only ONE of them can get him.

Do they trhow a max salary max years contract at bynum?

Trueblue2
07-02-2013, 12:23 PM
I can't see Bynum getting a max after missing an entire season. I think Josh Smith and Iggy would be plans B&C for teams with cap going after Dwight this year.

rockets-fan
07-02-2013, 12:25 PM
No to Bynum, he should not get a multiple year contract.

Snakeyestx
07-02-2013, 12:26 PM
No one in their right mind should sign Bynum to max anything... he's untested, and after last years shenanigans, a scrub until proven otherwise.

1 year, team option - that's a gamble worth taking.

ManRam
07-02-2013, 12:31 PM
Max contract at Bynum? I doubt it...but I'd imagine, and I don't think it's a bad move, that most of them turn to him. Especially if it's a one or two year deal. Houston especially.

king4day
07-02-2013, 12:34 PM
Changed the thread title to be a little more user friendly

TrueFan420
07-02-2013, 12:41 PM
The max I'd sign Bynum for is vet min

shep33
07-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Bynum's deal is the most intriguing to me. What's his value?

1 year deal for 10 mill, or a 2-3 year deal at 10 mill per with a team option after next year

PhillyFaninLA
07-02-2013, 12:51 PM
It only takes one...but Bynum said he won't work out for teams prior to a deal so that hurts stock.

Hellcrooner
07-02-2013, 12:54 PM
It only takes one...but Bynum said he won't work out for teams prior to a deal so that hurts stock.

or helps it.

can players refuse to do phisical exams?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-02-2013, 12:55 PM
Don't think he gets a max contract, but I could see Dallas offering him like 15 million a year.

Bruno
07-02-2013, 12:56 PM
why not just put bynums name in your thread title?

yea, bynum will be signed and probably give 1-3 highly productive seasons over a five year period. He's getting at least 12 million a year.

I'm thinking he signs a three year contract, similar to what West just got extended on. Bynum might not want to do a five year deal so he can land another five year max in three years when he's 28, if healthy.

ElChinoLatino
07-02-2013, 12:57 PM
Don't think he gets a max contract, but I could see Dallas offering him like 15 million a year.

If we miss out on D12, sigh* 15 mil for ONE year is good enough for me.

PhillyFaninLA
07-02-2013, 01:00 PM
or helps it.

can players refuse to do phisical exams?

How could it help

Hellcrooner
07-02-2013, 01:04 PM
How could it help

cause what he was able to do may be more that he can actually do right now in a court.

PhillyFaninLA
07-02-2013, 01:09 PM
cause what he was able to do may be more that he can actually do right now in a court.

That is why you get on the court, you hurt your value by saying I'm not going to show you what I can....you make money by saying look I'm the healthiest I've been in years and I'll be playing for you or against you for the next decade.

abe_froman
07-02-2013, 01:17 PM
no,they'll panic by overpaying for josh smith.

though i expect bynum to get a multi year deal on 10+ per

bleedprple&gold
07-02-2013, 01:29 PM
That is why you get on the court, you hurt your value by saying I'm not going to show you what I can....you make money by saying look I'm the healthiest I've been in years and I'll be playing for you or against you for the next decade.

I agree. It's a little suspicious he's refusing to work out for teams before they pay him millions of dollars. He must not want to show them he's still hobbled

king4day
07-02-2013, 01:35 PM
I hope Charlotte, Toronto, or Milwaukee makes a run at Bynum. One of those teams who needs a big name to help out.

king4day
07-02-2013, 01:36 PM
I agree. It's a little suspicious he's refusing to work out for teams before they pay him millions of dollars. He must not want to show them he's still hobbled

If that's the case, I'd think there's a real chance he might not get signed by anyone.

True Sports Fan
07-02-2013, 02:35 PM
I hope Charlotte, Toronto, or Milwaukee makes a run at Bynum. One of those teams who needs a big name to help out.

I doubt he signs with either of them, unless they throw the max at him. Toronto I see most likely though. Bynum/Johnson/Gay/DD/Lowry

Not too bad if Bynum can actually stay on the court

Capital G
07-02-2013, 02:45 PM
I doubt he signs with either of them, unless they throw the max at him. Toronto I see most likely though. Bynum/Johnson/Gay/DD/Lowry

they are too high on Jonas to use that much money on him.

GrumpyOldMan
07-02-2013, 03:00 PM
Bynum has to prove himself all over again after the problems last season. I think he will seek a one year deal and at a lower salary than most are anticipating here. I think $7 million on a one year deal will get him signed and I think he will be productive. I think he realizes that big money multi year offers won't be coming until he shows he can bounce back. I can see a team like the Spurs bringing in Bynum to play with Timmy D, Leonard and Parker. Mind you that's just my opinion.

king4day
07-02-2013, 03:01 PM

Unless he's willing to sign for the minimum or mini-midlevel, he likely won't be playing for a contender. Best guess is, he'll wind up with one of the losers of the Howard sweepstakes. Dallas or Houston probably.

Portland would be an interesting option too.