PDA

View Full Version : Lin and Asik NOT on the block

tr3ymill3r
07-02-2013, 08:39 AM
Straight from the mouth on Daryl Morey on Sports Radio 790. He emphasized what we heard earlier, that Dwight wants to play with Asik.

MonroeFAN
07-02-2013, 08:58 AM
I don't buy it. Lin has a lot of money left on his contract, and is not a star. Dwight came out and said he wishes the roster had more star power. Asik and Dwight together would not be that effective I don't think. (probably the popular opinion).

Jetsguy
07-02-2013, 08:59 AM
Maybe, but maybe not. Not as if he has any reason for misdirection right now.

c.c.
07-02-2013, 08:59 AM
So no Josh Smith I'm assuming

J4KOP99
07-02-2013, 09:01 AM
He can't come out and say he doesn't want them on the team and is trying to trade them... Cause what if they actually end up staying with the rockets?

Don't put much importance on anything these guys say to the media

c.c.
07-02-2013, 09:02 AM
He can't come out and say he doesn't want them on the team and is trying to trade them... Cause what if they actually end up staying with the rockets?

Don't put much importance on anything these guys say to the media

True

cssdmark
07-02-2013, 09:05 AM
Or maybe Dwight may not be going to Houston. That would be unfortunate but maybe the Lakers with the side deals have convinced him to stay

sunsfan88
07-02-2013, 09:10 AM
Don't believe it. Morey has nothing to gain by saying that they are trading them. Cause then they get low balled by offers and if Dwight doesn't end up coming, then it becomes extremely awkward.

Plus does anyone actually think an Asik-Dwight combo would work? Lmao talk about awful spacing then.

c.c.
07-02-2013, 09:17 AM
Or maybe Dwight may not be going to Houston. That would be unfortunate but maybe the Lakers with the side deals have convinced him to stay

I don't think he's coming either but I really don't care, my Rockets will make a good playoff run regardless #GO ROCKETS

Chrisclover
07-02-2013, 09:40 AM
what side deals can we assume?doesnt look likely, they are over the cap now

tr3ymill3r
07-02-2013, 09:44 AM
I think it would have been funny had Dwight said, "Are you going to get more star power?" Morey responds, "Please write down a list of guys you would like to play with." After reading over a list that consists of Josh Smith, Monta Ellis, Brandon Jennings, Ryan Anderson, JJ Redick, Morey then responds, "I don't see any stars on this list you provided me with." End of meeting. If we didn't get him, but it went down like that I would be ok with it.

3RDASYSTEM
07-02-2013, 10:09 AM
If the owner is willing to spend on go over the cap because he stated he has plenty of money then they can go after whoever since money isn't a issue

I could see HOWARD going to HOUSTON or ATL or staying in LA since they have pretty much been in contention since inception of the league,la will even take others teams titles away, see minny for proof

joeystats
07-02-2013, 10:12 AM
Chris Palmer @ESPNChrisPalmer about 46 minutes ago
Time Warner is in meeting with Dwight. In Houston they don't even get Rockets games on DirecTV.

Chris Palmer @ESPNChrisPalmer about 50 minutes ago
Just got back to LA. Everything I'm hearing is Lakers are the leader.

NYSpirit1
07-02-2013, 10:16 AM
I don't think he's coming either but I really don't care, my Rockets will make a good playoff run regardless #GO ROCKETS

Be negative to be positive. I get your way of thinking.

mightybosstone
07-02-2013, 10:19 AM
I love Morey with a passion, but you can't take anything that any GM says seriously right now. He's just posturing for the media in case Dwight falls through and they end up signing Josh Smith to play with Asik and Lin instead. But if Dwight signs the dotted line, you can bet that Morey will be on the phone with every possible trade scenario on the market. He'll definitely be looking to swing Asik and/or Lin for Smoove, Aldridge or another big time PF.

IndyRealist
07-02-2013, 10:42 AM
Don't believe it. Morey has nothing to gain by saying that they are trading them. Cause then they get low balled by offers and if Dwight doesn't end up coming, then it becomes extremely awkward.

Plus does anyone actually think an Asik-Dwight combo would work? Lmao talk about awful spacing then.

Gortat at C and Dwight at PF was one of Orlando's best lineups. A big man to take the best post up player allows Dwight to roam and protect the paint. It would be painful against stretch 4's, but no one's driving into the lane.

rockets-fan
07-02-2013, 10:50 AM
I love Morey with a passion, but you can't take anything that any GM says seriously right now. He's just posturing for the media in case Dwight falls through and they end up signing Josh Smith to play with Asik and Lin instead. But if Dwight signs the dotted line, you can bet that Morey will be on the phone with every possible trade scenario on the market. He'll definitely be looking to swing Asik and/or Lin for Smoove, Aldridge or another big time PF.

This.

tr3ymill3r
07-02-2013, 10:58 AM
Nobody really knows what Dwight is thinking, so for anyone to say a certain team is in the lead they are crazy.

Hellcrooner
07-02-2013, 11:03 AM
If the owner is willing to spend on go over the cap because he stated he has plenty of money then they can go after whoever since money isn't a issue

I could see HOWARD going to HOUSTON or ATL or staying in LA since they have pretty much been in contention since inception of the league,la will even take others teams titles away, see minny for proof

That is probably the stupidest comment ive ever read in psd.
COngratulations, that was difficult to acomplish.

shep33
07-02-2013, 11:06 AM
Sometimes GM's do this thing that some refer to as lying.

sunsfan88
07-02-2013, 12:51 PM
Gortat at C and Dwight at PF was one of Orlando's best lineups. A big man to take the best post up player allows Dwight to roam and protect the paint. It would be painful against stretch 4's, but no one's driving into the lane.

Are you sure about tht Orlando comment? I remember VanGundy barely ever used it cause he said it limited them offensively so much.