PDA

View Full Version : Report: Bulls sign Mike Dunleavy to two-year deal

spreadeagle
07-01-2013, 08:37 PM
Mike Dunleavy has gone ahead and verbally committed to sign two-year, $6M deal with Bulls, according to sources with knowledge of the deal
8:18 PM - 1 Jul 2013
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/01/report-bulls-frontrunner-to-sign-mike-dunleavy-offering-two-years-and-6-million/

Muttman73
07-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Ok...

ChitownBears22
07-01-2013, 08:39 PM
Good depth signing. Has been declining steadily over the past 3 years though.

LAKobeBryant
07-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Ok...

this.
not much of a impact player

ChitownBears22
07-01-2013, 08:45 PM
this.
not much of a impact player

You don't get impact players for 3 mil. You get depth. Not every move is a homerun, sometimes they are stategic moves.

And this is coming from someone who hates the Bulls. This move makes them better. Gives them quality minutes played when others are resting.

NYKnickFanatic
07-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Solid pick up. I like it.

LAKobeBryant
07-01-2013, 08:47 PM
You don't get impact players for 3 mil. You get depth. Not every move is a homerun, sometimes they are stategic moves.

And this is coming from someone who hates the Bulls. This move makes them better. Gives them quality minutes played when others are resting.

Yeah he's going to improve the overall team but my point is he's not going be the reason why Bulls do better or worse. Nothing to discuss about.

ChitownBears22
07-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Yeah he's going to improve the overall team but my point is he's not going be the reason why Bulls do better or worse. Nothing to discuss about.

"He is going to improve the overall team"

"not going to be the reason why the Bulls do better or worse"

How do you improve a team and not do better?

Keep digging, you will eventually hit ocean.

greg_ory_2005
07-01-2013, 08:52 PM
Solid pickup. A nice bench piece for them.

LAKobeBryant
07-01-2013, 08:56 PM
"He is going to improve the overall team"

"not going to be the reason why the Bulls do better or worse"

How do you improve a team and not do better?

Keep digging, you will eventually hit ocean.

Like i said nothing to discuss about.
He's not going be the reason why their better or worse.

Stunner
07-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Mike is underrated , good shooter and glue guy all of his career . GarPax is getting Thibs shooting like he ask for with the addition of Snell and Murphy as well .

justinnum1
07-01-2013, 08:58 PM
flannery
Agreed RT @JonesOnTheNBA I don't think enough folks are talking about the Bulls firing Thibs lead assistant. Not a good sign.

I agree.

Stunner
07-01-2013, 08:59 PM
Like i said nothing to discuss about.

He's not going be the reason why their better or worse.

I disagree , if he rebounds , passes and hits the open 3 ball he certainly makes us better . Again good bench signing . You can't win games with just starters.

shep33
07-01-2013, 09:00 PM
Thibs's assistant getting fired isn't going to effect them. All depends on Rose.

Great signing by the Bulls

Stunner
07-01-2013, 09:00 PM
flannery

I agree.

If they're hiring a more offensive minders assistant it is a good sign

justinnum1
07-01-2013, 09:01 PM
If they're hiring a more offensive minders assistant it is a good sign

Don't see how it's a good sign to fire thibs #1 assistant.

Stunner
07-01-2013, 09:05 PM
We don't even know the story people are just making up stories as we go along . We don't know if they ran it by Thibs or not . Again he was a defensive minded assistant it won't effect us much seeing Thibs is our coach .

kblo247
07-01-2013, 09:08 PM
Not better than Nate or Marco, also injury prone just like Hinrich so they can sit together in matching suits

BcEuAbRsS
07-01-2013, 09:12 PM
We don't even know the story people are just making up stories as we go along . We don't know if they ran it by Thibs or not . Again he was a defensive minded assistant it won't effect us much seeing Thibs is our coach .

This was not Thibs move. 100% Gar, and I don't like that considering Thibs is our biggest asset besides Rose and Noah.

Stunner
07-01-2013, 09:16 PM
Well when it comes down to it Thibs actually had a lot of say in coaching and what not , guess this was Gar stepping up a Lil and get some control back like he should have . He won't be fired "Thibs " because of Rose . Things will work out or Gar is gone not Thibs .

kozelkid
07-01-2013, 09:17 PM
This was not Thibs move. 100% Gar, and I don't like that considering Thibs is our biggest asset besides Rose and Noah.

None of us has any idea exactly what went on. All hearsay at the moment.

Either way, this thread has nothing to do about Ron Adams, who honestly, in spite of his basketball knowledge regarding defense, makes very little difference when your HC is the best defensive mind in the entire league.

As for this signing, I like it and I like that our FO appears more focused on bringing shooters and spacing the floor. They're taking a page out of SA's/Denver's/Hou's book. All three are teams with great offenses.

ChitownBears22
07-01-2013, 09:21 PM

Either way, this thread has nothing to do about Ron Adams, who honestly, in spite of his basketball knowledge regarding defense, makes very little difference when your HC is the best defensive mind in the entire league.

As for this signing, I like it and I like that our FO appears more focused on bringing shooters and spacing the floor.

Yup nothing like having a guy who can find a spot and his shooting motion and just bang down 2-3 threes in limited minutes.

Knick_Fever
07-01-2013, 09:21 PM

With the current coaching turnover rate, Im not surprised. Well as long as you got Thibs, Rose, and Noah, its all good. Good pick-up by the Bulls though, dunleavy will help.

BcEuAbRsS
07-01-2013, 09:22 PM

As for this signing, I like it and I like that our FO appears more focused on bringing shooters and spacing the floor. They're taking a page out of SA's/Denver's/Hou's book. All three are teams with great offenses.

I agree, I was just replying to a post started by all-time Bulls troll Justin. I really love the signing, the guy scores, that's something we desperately need.

Guppyfighter
07-01-2013, 09:25 PM
He's a good pick up.