PDA

View Full Version : Warriors Prepared To Offer Howard Huge Assets For S&T With Lakers

Pages : [1] 2

Clippersfan86
07-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Will give Bogut and Lakers choosing of Thompson or Barnes.

lol, please
07-01-2013, 01:33 PM
Written in stone. Dwight we be a Warrior. :cool:

'ship here we come!

Avenged
07-01-2013, 01:36 PM
**** yes. Bogut + Klay or Barnes I take it in a heartbeat. BUT I doubt the Warriors offer such a trade.

rockets-fan
07-01-2013, 01:37 PM
I don't know how the Lakers can pass that up, best offer by far, but do they prefer Bogut and Barnes/Thompson or cap space for next year?

lol, please
07-01-2013, 01:37 PM
Link is also broken. :confused:

Suns12
07-01-2013, 01:38 PM
Meaning the Lakers will be much better next year

Nash
Kobe
Barnes
Gasol
Bogut

Yikes

rockets-fan
07-01-2013, 01:38 PM
What will the lineup for the warriors be if they give up Bogut and Barnes or Thompson?

Lakerfrk
07-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Bogut is just not good anymore... Klay, Bogut, AND Barnes, and then we can talk...

Clippersfan86
Link is broken because it's rival forum. Like Scooby Doo you need to solve the mystery :). At least until another place shares the news. GS presents some of the same issues in terms of wing players who want to run a 7 second offense but Lakers would be STUPID not to IMMEDIATELY start working on this.

ThunderousDemon
Website is PSD rival, that's why it won't work.

Trueblue2
07-01-2013, 01:40 PM
When the Lakers meet with him tomorrow they should spend the entire meeting explaining why he should go to golden state.

And Blake, Pau, Kobe, and Metta all come off the books next year so there will be cap space regardless of who we take on for Howard. What's important is that whoever we take on expires by 2015 when Love and Aldridge are FA.

knicksfan42
07-01-2013, 01:41 PM
I don't know how the Lakers can pass that up, best offer by far, but do they prefer Bogut and Barnes/Thompson or cap space for next year?

Bogut is off the books next year and Thompson and Barnes are on rookie contracts so they aren't a problem.

lol, please
07-01-2013, 01:41 PM
PSD has rivals? I have searched the web meticulously and have never found a multi-sports forum that even comes close. Being modest with that statement? lol. PSD is the p4p king of sports forums.

PraiseJesus
07-01-2013, 01:43 PM
Bogut is damaged goods

Give us Klay, an expiring, and 1st rounder

Jtirado16
07-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Garbage! Dumb rumors

Clippersfan86
07-01-2013, 01:45 PM
I agree PSD is the best but rival in the sense that neither forum lets you spell out the other forum haha.

flea
07-01-2013, 01:46 PM
Bogut is just not good anymore... Klay, Bogut, AND Barnes, and then we can talk...

You do know that in all likelihood you're getting absolutely nothing, right? I'd say just one of those three would be good for the Lakers. Bogut if they think they got a shot next year or one of the other two if they don't. Bogut is a fine defensive center and not a total liability on offense. He's still quite good, just injury-prone.

BALLER R
07-01-2013, 01:48 PM
If that happens just blow it up if your the lakers. Get barnes and start from there. Then again Kobe would be all against that.

Clippersfan86
07-01-2013, 01:48 PM
Anybody watch Bogut in the playoffs? Still has great ability.

c.c.
07-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Trading Thompson and Barnes is like giving Howard less talent to play with

2-ONE-5
07-01-2013, 01:51 PM
the league needs to block this. you are not suppose to get nearly equal value for a player you are going to lose anyway

PraiseJesus
07-01-2013, 01:53 PM
You do know that in all likelihood you're getting absolutely nothing, right? I'd say just one of those three would be good for the Lakers. Bogut if they think they got a shot next year or one of the other two if they don't. Bogut is a fine defensive center and not a total liability on offense. He's still quite good, just injury-prone.

He doesnt understand but I do

Lakers would not want Bogut because he is damaged goods and will not fit in Dantonis system

Klay + Expiring contract + 1st rounder

If im GSW I do that deal in a heartbeat

Stunner
07-01-2013, 01:53 PM
Curry , Klay , Anybody , Lee , Howard is sexy

Losoway
07-01-2013, 01:54 PM
bogut never makes it thru a full season . i would give up barnes and bogut if i was Warriors in a HEART BEAT

splash brothers with dwight howard. OMG

lakers would still be a terrible team . btw

lol, please
07-01-2013, 01:54 PM
Hopefully they take Klay with Bogut.

Curry
Rush
Barnes
Lee
Howard
:drool:

Stunner
07-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Lakers have no say , if the Warriors offer Bogut and Barnes they take it no questions ask

Stunner
07-01-2013, 01:57 PM
I rather keep Klay if I'm the Warriors

RiceOnTheRun
07-01-2013, 01:57 PM

Bogut is damaged goods

LOL

Y'all are acting as if the Lakers deserve something better in a S&T

Either Howard goes to Houston for free or they can try and pick something up for him. But I mean, I wanted to see him in Houston anyways so that works for me :rolleyes:

PraiseJesus
07-01-2013, 01:58 PM
LOL

Y'all are acting as if the Lakers deserve something better in a S&T

Either Howard goes to Houston for free or they can try and pick something up for him. But I mean, I wanted to see him in Houston anyways so that works for me :rolleyes:

If Dwight is willing to goto GSW it has to be S&T

lol, please
07-01-2013, 01:59 PM
NEW LINK!!

c

http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2013/07/01/warriors-making-their-dwight-howard-pitch/

bleedprple&gold
07-01-2013, 01:59 PM
He doesnt understand but I do

Lakers would not want Bogut because he is damaged goods and will not fit in Dantonis system

Klay + Expiring contract + 1st rounder

If im GSW I do that deal in a heartbeat

Bogut is an expiring and would be needed to match salaries. So basically you are saying Bogut + Klay + 1st

PraiseJesus
07-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Lakers have no say , if the Warriors offer Bogut and Barnes they take it no questions ask

Not true because Lakers have no one on the books next year except Nash and Blake I think

Lakers would rather have no one than a player that is taking up cap room. Thats why you substitue an expiring contract for Bogut and a draft pick we are good to go

PraiseJesus
07-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Bogut is an expiring and would be needed to match salaries. So basically you are saying Bogut + Klay + 1st

That works for me get it done haha

BKLYNpigeon
07-01-2013, 02:02 PM
Tough decision for the Warriors...

I dont know who I would give up on Klay or Barnes...

lol, please
07-01-2013, 02:04 PM
^ It's a good tough decision to have to make.

Stunner
07-01-2013, 02:06 PM
Not true because Lakers have no one on the books next year except Nash and Blake I think

Lakers would rather have no one than a player that is taking up cap room. Thats why you substitue an expiring contract for Bogut and a draft pick we are good to go
Ok but you could possibly get a center who is an expiring , a young player with potential and Maybe a draft pick . Why pass that up after trading everything for a player who isn't staying ? Makes no sense . If anything this improved the Lakers future at least you would have a young player to build around instead of hoping for somebody to sign .

J4KOP99
07-01-2013, 02:07 PM
**** them. Barnes and Thompson is where the lakers start

Stunner
07-01-2013, 02:08 PM
Howard wins big time , he gets 30 extra million and plays for a team that can reach the WCF next year .... And he will be surrounded by the best shooting backcourt in the NBA .

bleedprple&gold
07-01-2013, 02:10 PM
**** them. Barnes and Thompson is where the lakers start

We're not going to get both. We take one, still have a great young player and tons of cap space next year.

bleedprple&gold
07-01-2013, 02:10 PM
Howard wins big time , he gets 30 extra million and plays for a team that can reach the WCF next year .... And he will be surrounded by the best shooting backcourt in the NBA .

Wrong. Under the new CBA you don't get the extra money in a s&t.

Bruno
07-01-2013, 02:13 PM

boguts 14 million comes off the books at the end of this season. thompson and barnes are still on low cost rookie contracts.

tredigs
07-01-2013, 02:16 PM
Bogut + an expiring to them is the way to go. I definitely would not want to lose either Klay or Barnes - especially Barnes given that we have Rush to back up at SG.

Dwight holds the power here though. He could demand that the Lakers S&T him to the Warriors (the only way the W's can get Dwight is through S&T) in a deal that does not include Barnes OR Klay, or tell them that he's going to Houston for nothing.

Curry
Klay / Rush
Barnes
Lee
Howard

+whoever else they get in free agency would be an ideal team for Howard, especially being that they're already a 2nd round playoff team who is only getting stronger. I don't see why he would choose Houston over that possibility, but we shall see.

At this point I'm actually hoping the Warriors do get a smart deal done if for no other reason than because so many players have been on the block this off-season I don't like the idea of bringing back the same squad. The drive may have taken a hit.

BKLYNpigeon
07-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Its all up to Howard and if he even wants to come to Golden State.

I think Howard would have a better chance at Winning a Championship with the Warriors then the Rockets.

ThunderousDemon
07-01-2013, 02:20 PM
Bogut + an expiring to them is the way to go. I definitely would not want to lose either Klay or Barnes - especially Barnes given that we have Rush to back up at SG.

Dwight holds the power here though. He could demand that the Lakers S&T him to the Warriors (the only way the W's can get Dwight is through S&T) in a deal that does not include Barnes OR Klay, or tell them that he's going to Houston for nothing.

Curry
Klay / Rush
Barnes
Lee
Howard

+whoever else they get in free agency would be an ideal team for Howard, especially being that they're already a 2nd round playoff team who is only getting stronger. I don't see why he would choose Houston over that possibility, but we shall see.

At this point I'm actually hoping the Warriors do get a smart deal done if for no other reason than because so many players have been on the block this off-season I don't like the idea of bringing back the same squad. The drive may have taken a hit.

:laugh2:

Oh boy, how delusional.

tredigs
07-01-2013, 02:21 PM
For what it's worth, I dislike Howard quite a bit, but this GS squad fits him to a tee, and it would be a dominant/contending team were he to come. If he and Curry stayed healthy I could absolutely see them coming out of the West and challenging Miami (if they make it out again).

Oh boy, how delusional.

What about that is remotely delusional, other than you being a Laker fan and not liking it?

bleedprple&gold
07-01-2013, 02:22 PM

Curry
Klay / Rush
Barnes
Lee
Howard

Without getting back Thompson or Barnes, what incentive do the Lakers have to gift-wrap him to Golden St. and create a superteam they will never be able to beat? They would rather have him walk to Houston for nothing.

rockets-fan
07-01-2013, 02:22 PM
Curry
Klay
Sf?
Lee
Howard

Lin
Harden
Parsons
PF??
Howard

Both situations are awesome for him, only difference is he can make 30 mil more with the warriors.

tredigs
07-01-2013, 02:27 PM
Without getting back Thompson or Barnes, what incentive do the Lakers have to gift-wrap him to Golden St. and create a superteam they will never be able to beat? They would rather have him walk to Houston for nothing.

Bogut and either R. Jef or Biedrins would be 25 million in expiring contracts. You take that over nothing 100 times out of 100. Obviously it's a year for them to look at alternatives along with non-contention if they realize they aren't getting Howard back.

BKLYNpigeon
07-01-2013, 02:32 PM
If the Warriors are smart.

they should offer Bogut + expiring contracts and draft picks

Having Bogut with Pau is Wayyy better then not having him at all.

lol, please
07-01-2013, 02:33 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/details-on-warriors-trade-offers-for-howard

"According to sources, the Warriors are willing to offer Andrew Bogut along with Klay Thompson or Harrison Barnes. But the sell is to lure Dwight Howard with the prospect of a loaded lineup that features Curry, Thompson AND Barnes. "

:dance:

ThunderousDemon
07-01-2013, 02:35 PM
For what it's worth, I dislike Howard quite a bit, but this GS squad fits him to a tee, and it would be a dominant/contending team were he to come. If he and Curry stayed healthy I could absolutely see them coming out of the West and challenging Miami (if they make it out again).

What about that is remotely delusional, other than you being a Laker fan and not liking it?

You don't bull **** a bullshitter.

The Lakers would never agree to such a lopsided deal.

Don't dream with your eyes open.

bleedprple&gold
07-01-2013, 02:35 PM
Bogut and either R. Jef or Biedrins would be 25 million in expiring contracts. You take that over nothing 100 times out of 100. Obviously it's a year for them to look at alternatives along with non-contention if they realize they aren't getting Howard back.

No you don't! You're helping Golden St. become unbeatable. You take nothing 100 times out of 100. They don't need expiring contracts, they will already have cap space next year.

raiderposting
07-01-2013, 02:37 PM

Because your delusional if you think the lakers would give Dwight to the warriors without getting Klay or Barnes. Why not just let him go? What's the point of taking bogut who will just be a laker because he's an expiring center.

TrueFan420
07-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Bogut is damaged goods

Bogut has an injury history but showed he can still play in the playoffs. Also he is an expiring.

rockets-fan
07-01-2013, 02:41 PM

"According to sources, the Warriors are willing to offer Andrew Bogut along with Klay Thompson or Harrison Barnes. But the sell is to lure Dwight Howard with the prospect of a loaded lineup that features Curry, Thompson AND Barnes. "

Isn't that impossible haha? Offering Barnes or Klay but also using Both of them in their pitch? One of the would be gone obviously

Hellcrooner
07-01-2013, 02:42 PM
Bogut?

No thanks.

Barnes and LEE and a pair of picks?

Maybe.

tredigs
07-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Actually it's true, the Lakers really have next to nothing on the board for 2015, I didn't realize all their contracts ended.

Stunner
07-01-2013, 02:45 PM
Bogut?

No thanks.

Barnes and LEE and a pair of picks?

Maybe.

Lmfaoo Lakers don't have any say though , they take what they can get .

bleedprple&gold
07-01-2013, 02:45 PM
Actually it's true, the Lakers really have next to nothing on the board for 2015, I didn't realize all their contracts ended.

You mean 2014. Yes, the cap relief of getting expiring contracts versus letting Dwight walk for nothing is a moot point because they will have the same cap space in 2014 regardless. That's why they will only trade him for something really good.

bleedprple&gold
07-01-2013, 02:46 PM

Yes, they have a say. They say NO.

ThunderousDemon
07-01-2013, 02:46 PM

lol, please
07-01-2013, 02:48 PM

Hellcrooner
07-01-2013, 02:53 PM

Than warriors can forget bout Howard because they actually NEED to do a sign and trade with lakers to get him.

Thats why lakers say NO to any b.s offer.

tredigs
07-01-2013, 02:55 PM

Well, we mean the same thing. This year is 2013/14, next is 14/15. Their cap space is next year.

The goods
07-01-2013, 02:56 PM
**** Bogut give Klay and Barnes and a pick

BKLYNpigeon
07-01-2013, 02:58 PM
Warriors should keep Bogut as a back up of they get Howard.

tredigs
07-01-2013, 02:59 PM
Steph and D12 at UCLA this morning: https://twitter.com/trandreww/status/351768860254408707/photo/1

Preach.

Cali4rnia
07-01-2013, 02:59 PM
Bogut doesn't play half of the season n he be eating up lakers money. If they don't offer Klay and Barnes together I wouldn't touch it. I rather let howard walk and rebuild in 2014. IF lakers wants to resign howard they should trade josh smith for gasol. Oh and fire D'antoni.

lakerboy
07-01-2013, 03:03 PM
LOL we have a choice. It's not like GSW is Houston. They cannot sign D12 outright.

Lakers should ask for Lee, Barnes and Thompson for D12.

Chuck Taylor
07-01-2013, 03:04 PM
If the Lakers got Barnes and Lee and then signed Nate Robinson, they'd instantly be a force next year with this lineup:

F Barnes
F Lee
C Gasol
G Bryant
G Nash/Robinson

DO IT L's

Chuck Taylor
07-01-2013, 03:08 PM
LOL we have a choice. It's not like GSW is Houston. They cannot sign D12 outright.

I think the Warriors would be stupid to give up Thompson. The dude's too good. Same with Curry.
Barnes is a perfect piece a long with Lee and some picks. Bogut? Idk....maybe

rockets-fan
07-01-2013, 03:08 PM
If the Lakers got Barnes and Lee and then signed Nate Robinson, they'd instantly be a force next year with this lineup:

F Barnes
F Lee
C Gasol
G Bryant
G Nash/Robinson

DO IT L's

A force for what? Did they go to the east and I wasn't informed? That team might get you an 8th seed. By the time Barnes reachs his full potential Brayan's Nash gasol are all done

lakerboy
07-01-2013, 03:09 PM
If that happens just blow it up if your the lakers. Get barnes and start from there. Then again Kobe would be all against that.

Why blow it up? Everybody basically on our team is expiring. No need to do that.

Cali4rnia
07-01-2013, 03:11 PM
Why blow it up? Everybody basically on our team is expiring. No need to do that.
I agree. IF we don't get what we want we should just let all the contract expire and start fresh.

Swift Game
07-01-2013, 03:11 PM
I think Lee, Klay, dramon green should get it done for d12. They are trying to move Lee anyway.

If I were the Lakers I would sign and trade for J. Jack and give up Steve Blake as well.

shep33
07-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Don't see it happening, and honestly don't know why the Dubs want it to happen

hugepatsfan
07-01-2013, 03:14 PM

Why would you want Lee over Bogut? Lee has 44 million left on his deal. Bogut is an expiring contract. The sole purpose of Bogut in this to the Lakers is that his money is needed to facilitate the deal. Paying the last year of his deal is the cost of getting Barnes or Thompson. Dwight really has nothing to do with this from LA's perspective. He's leaving anyway. The sole question relevant to them: "Is paying Bogut's last year worth adding Barnes or Thompson?" I think that's a clear yes. This is awesome for the Lakers.

Swift Game
Draft picks are going to be late ones because the Warriors become legitimate. They will give OKC, S.A a run for their money.

valade16
Than warriors can forget bout Howard because they actually NEED to do a sign and trade with lakers to get him.

Would absolutely nothing be a BS offer? Because that's what they get is Howard decides to go to Houston...

Chuck Taylor
A force for what? Did they go to the east and I wasn't informed? That team might get you an 8th seed. By the time Barnes reachs his full potential Brayan's Nash gasol are all done

People always underestimate the power of Nate and D. Lee. Gotta love it

Chuck Taylor
07-01-2013, 03:17 PM
Would absolutely nothing be a BS offer? Because that's what they get is Howard decides to go to Houston...

They don't get an offer if he goes to Houston. He just leaves and they get nothing except cap and tax relief. There is no offer.

sf-fanatic
07-01-2013, 03:21 PM
Bogut is damaged goods

Bogut is an expiring

shep33
07-01-2013, 03:23 PM
Mitch will try and take so many assets that this deal won't happen.

Lee doesn't make sense for us now, although I really like him.

Dubs should stand pat.

lol, please
07-01-2013, 03:24 PM
No way the Lakers get Green. No way.

bleedprple&gold
07-01-2013, 03:28 PM

Don't you get the Lakers are not afraid to let Dwight leave for nothing. If he leaves they still have tons of cap space next year so they aren't worried. They will not take back crap they don't want just to "get something" for him. They will let him walk.

shep33
07-01-2013, 03:30 PM
Yeah, I don't get why people aren't understanding that having Howard walk to Houston is better than trading him in the division.

We'd be trading Dwight for Klay basically. I like Klay a lot, but we have Kobe at the 2 already. Doesn't make sense.

lol, please
07-01-2013, 03:32 PM
I disagree. I think the last thing the Lakers want is to see Dwight walk for nothing. Even if it means turning a rival in the division to championship contenders. Lose/lose for Lakers if he goes to Houston, a smaller but still good victory if they get Barnes or Klay and build around them.

YouCan'tBeatLA
Arye Abraham ‏@arye_abraham 11m
@Lakerholicz Just spoke to Mark Jackson & GSW brass will meet with Howard later today in Beverly Hills #countonarye pic.twitter.com/m9TQJoly2x

Iron24th
I would prefer Barnes over Klay, but doubt this is true.

Chuck Taylor
07-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Yeah, I don't get why people aren't understanding that having Howard walk to Houston is better than trading him in the division.

We'd be trading Dwight for Klay basically. I like Klay a lot, but we have Kobe at the 2 already. Doesn't make sense.

I really don't think they'll give up Klay

Chucky Woods
07-01-2013, 03:35 PM
The Lakers need to take this deal, it's better than losing him for nothing. Some Lakers fans need to realize that.

shep33
I disagree. I think the last thing the Lakers want is to see Dwight walk for nothing. Even if it means turning a rival in the division to championship contenders. Lose/lose for Lakers if he goes to Houston, a smaller but still good victory if they get Barnes or Klay and build around them.

I just don't see it happening. I think he walks to Houston in all truth.

Chuck Taylor
I would prefer Barnes over Klay, but doubt this is true.

I like Barnes, too. We need a good SF for a change.

bleedprple&gold
07-01-2013, 03:36 PM

There have been reports they will not do a s&t unless they get an offer that blows them away. They may just rather take the cap space next year.

MrfadeawayJB
07-01-2013, 03:39 PM
Why would Dwight allow them to do a S&T? Is it because LA can offer a larger max deal

shep33
I just don't see us giving Dwight away for Barnes. It'd have to be more than that. Bogut is good, but we all know his injury issues and his likelihood to get a big contract after next year. Makes him pretty worthless to the Lakers.

lol, please
This is the best offer by far. It's a no brainer. Everyone wins.

bleedprple&gold
07-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Mitch will try and take so many assets that this deal won't happen.

Lee doesn't make sense for us now, although I really like him.

Dubs should stand pat.

yea I could see Mitch asking for both Klay and Barnes, Warriors say no, Dwight walks to Houston

LakersMaster24
07-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Hey GSW fans,

Sit down.

Swift Game
07-01-2013, 03:46 PM
The Los Angeles Warriors. I love this... think this makes the Lakers watchable next season.

Klay is a prime player up and coming, and he is affordable for the next few years. 2014 they can sign 2 major players If a deal like this goes down. if they don't want to give up Klay they need to take Barnes and Rush.

Avenged
07-01-2013, 03:48 PM

I think it makes sense. Let Dwight go to Houston for nothing and watch Houston become an instant contender, or let Dwight to go GS and watch them become an instant contender BUT actually get something in return, someone actually valuable. Lets be real, Kobe is on the way out, and Klay is only 23. They'll find a way.

Either way, if GS really wants Dwight that bad, I'd milk them for all they got.

Swift Game
07-01-2013, 03:49 PM
Doesn't Jerry West still work with the Warriors?

Wink wink ...this can work well for both clubs potentially.

lol, please
07-01-2013, 03:50 PM
He holds the cards in his hand. Where there's a West, there's a way. Go Dubs!

Swift Game
07-01-2013, 03:51 PM
I would actually still root for the Warriors and Dwight if he went to GS.

Houston, not so much because the Lakers get left out to dry. Interesting scenario with GS.

ztilzer31
07-01-2013, 03:53 PM
Kind of hope this happens, but doubt Dwight wants to stay in Cali. He'll sign with Houston IMO.

LakersMaster24
07-01-2013, 03:57 PM
I can't really hate GSW, you guys are cool. Loyal fans, players I generally like. The Warriors are probably the spot that I want Dwight to go to if he doesn't stay. I just don't see it happening.

Although you being in the same division doesn't help :p

Chronz
07-01-2013, 04:00 PM
http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2013/07/01/warriors-making-their-dwight-howard-pitch/

You do realize the wiretap gives you the external link right. Why not just post that instead of risking banhood? Do you ever learn?

Stunner
07-01-2013, 04:00 PM
I just don't see us giving Dwight away for Barnes. It'd have to be more than that. Bogut is good, but we all know his injury issues and his likelihood to get a big contract after next year. Makes him pretty worthless to the Lakers.

Lakers don't have any say .........take an offer or watch him leave

king4day
07-01-2013, 04:01 PM
The question will be if GS can convince Howard to go there.
Talk about a possible turn of events though.

And there's no question LA does this if it's presented to them. No reason to be stubborn about trading him. Get what you can and move on.

Stunner
07-01-2013, 04:03 PM
I mean Dwight isn't losing anything in this , if the Lakers get stupid he walks and goes to Houston . Both situations are great for him . Lakers would do the logical thing and try and get something back for him . It's not that hard to realize , Lakers fans always trying to rape somebody in a deal .

Westbrook36
07-01-2013, 04:05 PM
Surprised, somewhat, with how many Laker fans are acting like they shouldn't have to take Bogut and instead should get a first rounder+ with Barnes/Thompson (or both). Dwight might stay in LA regardless, but he has the freedom to go anywhere he wants. If a team offers you an expiring in Bogut, plus a young asset in Barnes/Thompson you have to take that deal instead of him walking for nothing.

Clippersfan86
07-01-2013, 04:06 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BOG76icCEAADKcV.jpg:large

Curry and Howard have been working out together lately at UCLA.

Swift Game
07-01-2013, 04:07 PM
I would hate to see Dwight go, but if he has no interest in being with The Lakers my opinion would be where
do I sign for the GS deal if it is an option.

klay would welcome being a Laker and so would I.

shep33
07-01-2013, 04:08 PM
We'll see what happens, I won't be opposed to Harrison Barnes + Bogut + fillers and then swapping Bogut

sf-fanatic
07-01-2013, 04:08 PM
I'm just curious. Only answer if you are not a warriors fan please.

Who would you rather have? Barnes or Klay?

lol, please
07-01-2013, 04:10 PM
@ chronoz i posted that link a few pages ago, you're late. :)

Westbrook36
07-01-2013, 04:13 PM

Tough choice, both of them are very young and have shown serious flashes of being able to ball. I really like what Barnes did in the playoffs and in a year with some progression could flip it completely, but currently Klay.

Stunner
07-01-2013, 04:13 PM
Why Swap Bogut ? You have no center on your roster other than J Hill , he has one year left ....just keep him and resign him or not come free agency if he performs well . Nash , Kobe , Barnes , Gasol , Bogut is decent . Honestly Mile D would screw that team up Smh you guys need a new coach .

shep33
07-01-2013, 04:14 PM
I'd take both lol. Nah but I'd choose Barnes I think

sf-fanatic
07-01-2013, 04:15 PM
Tough choice, both of them are very young and have shown serious flashes of being able to ball. I really like what Barnes did in the playoffs and in a year with some progression could flip it completely, but currently Klay.

Just asking because it seems like Warrior fans prefer to send Thompson just because of what Barnes did in the playoffs. I'm torn on who to give up. Barnes probably has a higher ceiling but it would be sweet to see Curry and Klay's 3 point shooting with Howard's inside game.

shep33
07-01-2013, 04:16 PM
Why Swap Bogut ? You have no center on your roster other than J Hill , he has one year left ....just keep him and resign him or not come free agency if he performs well . Nash , Kobe , Barnes , Gasol , Bogut is decent . Honestly Mile D would screw that team up Smh you guys need a new coach .

Bogut is good but he's always injured, plus he's going to get paid in the summer. No need for that when we're rebuilding and wanting to attract free agents

Stunner
07-01-2013, 04:20 PM
Bogut is good but he's always injured, plus he's going to get paid in the summer. No need for that when we're rebuilding and wanting to attract free agents

Ok but there is no need for you to trade him when you don't have anything on your roster this year . Let him give you what he can this year and be done with it . Basically all you would be doing is trying to trade an expiring for another expiring which is dumb .

shep33
07-01-2013, 04:22 PM
Ok but there is no need for you to trade him when you don't have anything on your roster this year . Let him give you what he can this year and be done with it . Basically all you would be doing is trying to trade an expiring for another expiring which is dumb .

We aren't winning anything next year anyways. I'm not saying trade Bogut for an expiring, but maybe for a nice young PG or something.

Ride out there year with Pau, Hill, and free agent scrubs.

Allphakenny1
07-01-2013, 04:23 PM

You are not giving Dwight to the Warriors because Dwight is not the Lakers to give. he Lakers would be receiving Thonpson or Barnes for helping the Warriors get Dwight. Lakers fans cannot think of it as trading Dwight for a player because they do not have Dwight.

Aust
07-01-2013, 04:24 PM
Can someone give me the rundown on Barnes' game?

bleedprple&gold
07-01-2013, 04:25 PM

We already have Gasol to play center. A lineup with Bogut and Gasol would be slower than slow. So we could flip him for someone that is a better fit.

LakersMaster24
07-01-2013, 04:26 PM
Lakers don't have any say .........take an offer or watch him leave

Um, no.

The only way Warriors can acquire Howard IS through a sign-and-trade, and that is where the Lakers have leverage.

shep33
07-01-2013, 04:26 PM
You are not giving Dwight to the Warriors because Dwight is not the Lakers to give. he Lakers would be receiving Thonpson or Barnes for helping the Warriors get Dwight. Lakers fans cannot think of it as trading Dwight for a player because they do not have Dwight.

True. After thinking it over, I'd do the deal. Barnes or Klay, Bogut (who we should then flip), plus fillers/pick

bleedprple&gold
07-01-2013, 04:27 PM

Ok they don't have Dwight under contract as a player, but they still have his rights. What the hell is the difference?

Stunner
07-01-2013, 04:28 PM

Bogut , Klay/ Barnes and a 1st is a BS offer for a player who is leaving ? To each their own . Lakers don't do a deal and let him leave for nothing after giving up everything for him . That's the right thing to do

sf-fanatic
07-01-2013, 04:29 PM
To be honest I think people make too big of a deal in the NBA about trading him "in division." I don't think its like the MLB or NFL where 1 team per division makes the playoffs. Considering in the NBA a lot more teams make the playoffs, the only real difference between sending him to Houston and GS is that the Lakers play GS 2 more times a season. GS and Houston will be competing for the same playoff spots.

bleedprple&gold
07-01-2013, 04:29 PM
True. After thinking it over, I'd do the deal. Barnes or Klay, Bogut (who we should then flip), plus fillers/pick

I'd do it to, but only if Dwight is going to walk to Houston for nothing if they don't do it.

TrueFan420
07-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Can someone give me the rundown on Barnes' game?

Good slasher, decent 3, athletic, solid d. Higher ceiling than klay but idk if he reaches it. His stats in the reg season were low because he was a rookie walking into a team with solidified 4 options in front of him. He has a lot of room to grow.

If trade doesn't go down look for him to have a much more expanded role for the warriors.

LakersMaster24
07-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Bogut , Klay/ Barnes and a 1st is a BS offer for a player who is leaving ? To each their own . Lakers don't do a deal and let him leave for nothing after giving up everything for him . That's the right thing to do

Giving up everything? All we traded away was Bynum who ended up having even more severe knee problems.

Oh, right...Eyenga and McRoberts.

Stunner
07-01-2013, 04:31 PM
I guess Laker fans , what young PG are you guys getting for Bogut ?

Allphakenny1
Because a Howard for Barnes and Bogut deal does sound bad for the Lakers, but the deal is the Lakers help the Warriors sign Howard the free agent, and the Warriors give Bogut and Barnes as a thank you for the help.

LAKobeBryant
lakers should rape them for klay and barnes :D
gasol at centre is the best

TrueFan420
07-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Ok they don't have Dwight under contract as a player, but they still have his rights. What the hell is the difference?

They can offer him the most money but he can leave if he doesn't wanna stay. If he was under contract you could trade him where you please but if its just one year you the problem of teams not wanting to risk everything on a player that might walk. Kinda like the situation your in now.

Stunner
07-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Giving up everything? All we traded away was Bynum who ended up having even more severe knee problems.

Oh, right...Eyenga and McRoberts.
Didn't the Howard trade lead to the Nash deals and 1st round picks ? You guys went all in just to lead To a disaster

TrueFan420
07-01-2013, 04:33 PM
lakers should rape them for klay and barnes :D
gasol at centre is the best

Yea the warriors would laugh say have fun losing Dwight for nothing and hang up

LakersMaster24
07-01-2013, 04:33 PM
Didn't the Howard trade lead to the Nash deals and 1st round picks ? You guys went all in just to lead Tina disaster

No. We traded for Nash like a month before we got Howard.

Stunner
07-01-2013, 04:35 PM
Welp Lakers are stubborn have fun losing Howard for nothing .

shep33
07-01-2013, 04:36 PM

Not a huge loss. We'll get someone sooner or later. Pretty much unlimited cap room in 2014 and 2015

lakerboy
07-01-2013, 04:37 PM
Another interesting question. Seeing how Dwight and Steph Curry are already working out, wouldn't it be awkward if they the trade doesn't push through. If I were Klay or Harrison Barnes, I'd be pissed.

LakersMaster24
07-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Not a huge loss. We'll get someone sooner or later. Pretty much unlimited cap room in 2014 and 2015

Boom.

Swift Game
Well the good thing is Lakers fans don't make FO decisions.

I.would accept klay, bogut and whatever else if they can.

bleedprple&gold

That's fine. We'll attract plenty of FAs next year.

TrueFan420
07-01-2013, 04:39 PM
Another interesting question. Seeing how Dwight and Steph Curry are already working out, wouldn't it be awkward if they the trade doesn't push through. If I were Klay or Harrison Barnes, I'd be pissed.
I don't think that was Dwight. Way to close to currys height.

sf-fanatic
07-01-2013, 04:40 PM
If the Warriors were to get Dwight would they be able to swing a deal for Ryan Anderson involving a 3 way deal for Lee?

Curry
Thompson
SF that can slash and play good D
Anderson
Dwight

SugeKnight
So why not take an expiring + a top prospect on a rookie contract????

LAKobeBryant
Yea the warriors would laugh say have fun losing Dwight for nothing and hang up

Doesn't matter, we'll get cap room and if it wasn't for dwight deal we would've just wasted 15mill to sit bynum entire season.

martin_108
07-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Really Bogut and klay or Barnes for Howard....Lakers will not do it its a bad trade people forget how Dominant Howard is.. last year was first year back from.back surgery he will.be back.to.himself this year

tredigs
07-01-2013, 04:42 PM

I'd lean to keep Barnes. Only 20 years old, 6'8" with a 7' wingspan and 40" vert + a frame that can handle more bulk with ease. Already has a 3pt shot and showed some impressive growth through the playoffs along with apparently having the capability to play as a stretch 4. He'll be a very good defender too. It helps that by all accounts he has a top end bbiq + work ethic.

I like Klay a lot too, he's already one of the top 3pt shooters in the game and will be a solid defender himself, but if it's between those two that's where I'd lean right now. Especially since we have B. Rush to take over as a starting SG. We don't lose any 3pt shooting in that scenario.

TrueFan420
07-01-2013, 04:43 PM
Really Bogut and klay or Barnes for Howard....Lakers will not do it its a bad trade people forget how Dominant Howard is.. last year was first year back from.back surgery he will.be back.to.himself this year
He will back to himself on another team

TrueFan420
07-01-2013, 04:44 PM
He will back to himself on another team

tredigs
07-01-2013, 04:44 PM

Backs don't exactly generally get better for NBA centers as the years progress following a back surgery. Which is one reason, along with hating D. Howard and his attitude, I could care less if this goes through unless it is a great trade for GS.

sf-fanatic
07-01-2013, 04:45 PM
Would

Curry
Rush
Barnes
Anderson
Howard

be a top 4 seed in the west?

Stunner
07-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Laker fans are too busy trying to get fair value wtf nobody ever gets equal value when trading a star player . If you guys were so dead set on getting a good package you clowns should have traded him at the trade deadline like everyone told you guys to . Now is not the time to be making demands . If Howard wants to go to GS but the Lakers won't agree to it he will just be like " welp on to Houston with Harden , Parsons , Lin and possibly Josh Smith . Terrible option number 2."

TrueFan420
07-01-2013, 04:47 PM
Doesn't matter, we'll get cap room and if it wasn't for dwight deal we would've just wasted 15mill to sit bynum entire season.

You get cap room if you delt with the warriors you'd have a young player on a rookie deal that won't cost you much and he would be one of two players on your roster.

Agree with getting away from Bynum tho. But you could have done that while getting pieces that will stay.

shep33
07-01-2013, 04:48 PM
Question to Warrior fans. Why not stick with your squad?

You basically took the Spurs nearly to 7 games, tough game 1, without Lee and Rush.

I like Curry, Klay, Barnes and Rush on the perimeter.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-01-2013, 04:50 PM

Its not like there trading him with 3years left bro ... he is a FA so your reasoning is whack .. the short story is dwight can say I will not resign so either trade Me to warriors or I'll sign with houston . In that case they would be cutting there nose to spite there face if they refused to trade him. Getting a pick and klay or Barnes and then bogut (who could be moved by deadline for more assets) is better then having nothing if Dwight's leaving either way ... it speeds up the process of become contenders again

TrueFan420
07-01-2013, 04:50 PM

You basically took the Spurs nearly to 7 games, tough game 1, without Lee and Rush.

A lot of us want to let the team stay but the chance of getting one of e best in the league is tempting, even tho the back injury scares me.

Atticus Finch
07-01-2013, 04:52 PM
So why not take an expiring + a top prospect on a rookie contract????

Obviously I don't work for the Lakers front office but I'd have to think that an expiring contract has little value to the Lakers considering if Dwight walks they will have the same amount of cap space anyways. Bogut plus Klay/Barnes make $16-$17 million next year and would push the Lakers close to being $30 million over the luxury tax threshold which would mean for them an addition $85 million in luxury tax payments. Bogut would then walk the next year and the Lakers would only have Nash and Klay/Barnes under contract for 2014. If they let Dwight walk for nothing they save a TON of money this year and go into 2014 with only Nash locked up. Klay and Barnes are both attractive young assets but in a sense the Lakers would be paying $85 million just to have one of them on their roster for the 2014 season.

Stunner
07-01-2013, 04:52 PM

Because Howard is a top player and any team going forward minus one of the
Young players is better .

Eg714
07-01-2013, 04:54 PM
Lakers should trade Dwight and Earl Clark for bougut, Barnes and Klay and a 1st.

Aust
07-01-2013, 04:59 PM
Laker fans are too busy trying to get fair value wtf nobody ever gets equal value when trading a star player . If you guys were so dead set on getting a good package you clowns should have traded him at the trade deadline like everyone told you guys to . Now is not the time to be making demands . If Howard wants to go to GS but the Lakers won't agree to it he will just be like " welp on to Houston with Harden , Parsons , Lin and possibly Josh Smith . Terrible option number 2."

Are you a Warrior fan? You shouldn't be mouthing off to us considering you need our help.

TrueFan420
07-01-2013, 04:59 PM
Lakers should trade Dwight and Earl Clark for bougut, Barnes and Klay and a 1st.
Read the thread dude warriors didnt offer that and lakers won't get that.

TrueFan420
07-01-2013, 05:00 PM
Are you a Warrior fan? You shouldn't be mouthing off to us considering you need our help.

You'd think you'd notice the big Rosé sig and chi-town location as indicators he's not a warriors fan

lol, please
07-01-2013, 05:01 PM
I wouldn't put it past West to convince them to take Beans and Jefferson as well.

justinnum1
07-01-2013, 05:01 PM
great deal for both teams.

bleedprple&gold
07-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Obviously I don't work for the Lakers front office but I'd have to think that an expiring contract has little value to the Lakers considering if Dwight walks they will have the same amount of cap space anyways. Bogut plus Klay/Barnes make $16-$17 million next year and would push the Lakers close to being $30 million over the luxury tax threshold which would mean for them an addition $85 million in luxury tax payments. Bogut would then walk the next year and the Lakers would only have Nash and Klay/Barnes under contract for 2014. If they let Dwight walk for nothing they save a TON of money this year and go into 2014 with only Nash locked up. Klay and Barnes are both attractive young assets but in a sense the Lakers would be paying $85 million just to have one of them on their roster for the 2014 season.

They would be willing to pay that money if Dwight stays too. It's a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things if you are getting a potential future all-star

Stunner
07-01-2013, 05:02 PM
I'm a Bulls fans but I'm trying to see why the Lakers wouldn't accept a Bogut and Klay/Barnes and pick for Howard . And was giving you the perspective from Howard's view . Howard is the key to you guys getting Klay / Barnes , pick and another trade piece and or nothing at all .

Atticus Finch
07-01-2013, 05:36 PM
They would be willing to pay that money if Dwight stays too. It's a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things if you are getting a potential future all-star

Yeah it makes sense to break the bank for Howard considering he will generate revenue by himself. I'm not sure they would be willing to do it for Bogut and Klay/Barnes though.

RLundi
07-01-2013, 05:40 PM

I wasn't aware you were employed by the Lakers front office.

tredigs
07-01-2013, 05:40 PM

I love that you're delusional enough to think you or anyone on this board have a say in the matter.

Cracka2HI!
07-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Lakers should be all over this.

BKLYNpigeon
07-01-2013, 06:02 PM
This trade makes so much sense for all 3 parties.

Lakers, Warriors, and Dwight Howard.

BKLYNpigeon
07-01-2013, 06:02 PM
This trade makes so much sense for all 3 parties.

Lakers, Warriors, and Dwight Howard.

LoveMeOrHateMe
07-01-2013, 06:16 PM
**** yes. Bogut + Klay or Barnes I take it in a heartbeat. BUT I doubt the Warriors offer such a trade.

**** that you add all 3 or no deal... Bogut is a fall away from being out the whole season

WARRIORS@GR
07-01-2013, 06:19 PM
I'd rather stand pat this year.
Bogut is really valuable if he has a healthy year.
Rush is back.
The young core develops.
We are a playoff team right now,and Dwight as does not put us over the top for a championship.
Curry-Rush-Barnes-Lee-Dwight is NOT coming out of the west next year.

Then next summer try getting something big with all the cap space,and go for a chip with the young core of the team grown up.

DPineda85
07-01-2013, 06:22 PM
First of all, the Laker do not need Bogut's expiring contract. If they did, they'd just let Howard walk. That itself would be an expiring contract. Moot point. The Lakers will have the same available salary cap space in the summer of 2014 with or without Bogut's expiring contract. The question here is, is it worth it for the Lakers to pay Bogut's one year salary + luxury tax in exchange for a late first round pick from the Warriors plus Thompson or Barnes? I say no. The only way the Lakers should go through with this trade is if they know they can trade Bogut for additional draft picks/pieces.

I'd like to see Dwight walk. No need to help the Warriors, assuming he would even choose them over the Rockets. I can live with not getting anything in return. I'm sure management can as well.

COOLbeans
07-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Lakers fans are undervaluing both Klay Thompson and Bogut. Some of you are doing your fans a disservice by your lack of basic basketball knowledge (no offense).

And it's weird because if you let Howard walk then you have no center and Bogut was very good for us last year during reasonable stretches and throughout the playoffs. (He's also an expiring contract)

Klay Thompson OR Barnes would provide you with a valuable young piece going forward. And you guys are fooling yourselves if you think the Lakers are still the valued destination when you have the Clippers in lala too without all the baggage lol.

This is not the same lakers, and Kobe's as good as gone in a couple of years..taking what you can get is the smart move

Aust
07-01-2013, 06:35 PM
Some of you are doing your fans a disservice by your lack of basic basketball knowledge (no offense).

And it's weird because if you let Howard walk then you have no center

Ironic. I guess Pau has never played center before.................

COOLbeans
07-01-2013, 06:37 PM

Pau is not a very good center. No irony in leaving him out. Hes less effective playing against heavier bodies. Unless you guys are tanking for Wiggins I don't think it's a good idea.

COOLbeans
07-01-2013, 06:38 PM

You also left out the part in my post about Bogut being good last year. Don't sleep on Bogut he's one of the best expiring contracts in the NBA right now, he's effective on both ends.

lpdunks8
07-01-2013, 06:44 PM
pau is not a very good center. no irony in leaving him out. Hes less effective playing against heavier bodies. Unless you guys are tanking for wiggins i don't think it's a good idea.

lol lol lol lol

tp13baby
07-01-2013, 06:50 PM
If the Warriors give up Barnes and Klay, I don't see them improving. They are better off just going forward with the roster.

COOLbeans
07-01-2013, 06:50 PM
lol lol lol lol

So Pau IS a good center?

YouCan'tBeatLA
07-01-2013, 06:51 PM
Pau is not a very good center. No irony in leaving him out. Hes less effective playing against heavier bodies. Unless you guys are tanking for Wiggins I don't think it's a good idea.

And this guys says Laker fans on PSD have no knowledge in basketball. Save yourself from further embarrassment and GTFO. :laugh2:

COOLbeans
07-01-2013, 06:52 PM
lol lol lol lol

If Pau Gasol is such a good center (I'm assuming you're saying that by your lol responses) then why has he never been used there on any team he's played for any significant amount of time? Historically, why has he never been considered a center?

COOLbeans
07-01-2013, 06:52 PM
And this guys says Laker fans on PSD have no knowledge in basketball. Save yourself from further embarrassment and GTFO. :laugh2:

Ok :clap:

COOLbeans
07-01-2013, 06:54 PM

Your name is YOUCANTBEATLA and you have Alex Morgan in your sig. You're a bandwagoner and you're telling me that I should be embarrassed? So are you a Clippers fan now?

lpdunks8
07-01-2013, 06:55 PM
So Pau IS a good center?

Me laughing (I literally did) at your statement that I bolded should tell you; yes. You do know he was the center (Bynum played very few minutes due to injury) during the back to back championship years don't you? Look at the numbers and game tapes.

What is the rational explanation for your statement? What objectivity brought you to that conclusion? Baffling

Bmoss12
07-01-2013, 06:57 PM
You also left out the part in my post about Bogut being good last year. Don't sleep on Bogut he's one of the best expiring contracts in the NBA right now, he's effective on both ends.
Bogut
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoH8Xdohl5HBz8hNja6IJ14MSCi8Wuh 4gvUdijg_lqSSbdk_mb

YouCan'tBeatLA
07-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Your name is YOUCANTBEATLA and you have Alex Morgan in your sig. You're a bandwagoner and you're telling me that I should be embarrassed? So are you a Clippers fan now?

Are you ********? What does Alex Morgan have to do with Lakers or Clippers? She plays soccer. I'm confused.

COOLbeans
07-01-2013, 06:59 PM
Me laughing (I literally did) at your statement that I bolded should tell you; yes. You do know he was the center (Bynum played very few minutes due to injury) during the back to back championship years don't you? Look at the numbers and game tapes.

What is the rational explanation for your statement? What objectivity brought you to that conclusion? Baffling

Objectivity? I live in L.A. And have watched a lot of Lakers games without homer bias Pau is SOFT and would get eaten nightly if he played center regularly. Look at the numbers when he plays center, he can't guard anybody. And defense is still apart of basketball right? Lol

I never thought I'd see the day when Pau Gasol would be the Lakers answer at center..

LakersMaster24
07-01-2013, 07:01 PM

You have some ugly ***** in your sig. You are a bandwagon Warriors fan.

#COOLBeanslogic

lpdunks8
07-01-2013, 07:01 PM
Objectivity? I live in L.A. And have watched a lot of Lakers games without homer bias Pau is SOFT and would get eaten nightly if he played center regularly. Look at the numbers when he plays center, he can't guard anybody. And defense is still apart of basketball right? Lol

I never thought I'd see the day when Pau Gasol would be the Lakers answer at center..

Thanks for addressing my points with such acumen.

Take care.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-01-2013, 07:02 PM
If Pau Gasol is such a good center (I'm assuming you're saying that by your lol responses) then why has he never been used there on any team he's played for any significant amount of time? Historically, why has he never been considered a center?

He was used as the only center as soon as he got to the Lakers and helped get them to the finals. Then he was the center throughout the playoffs when they won in 09. And again in the finals in 2010 due to Bynum being injured...... again.

COOLbeans
07-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Are you ********? What does Alex Morgan have to do with Lakers or Clippers? She plays soccer. I'm confused.

You're confused, but I'm ********?

Your name indicates that you're a Clippers fan now since you're advocating that the Lakers should let Howard walk for nothing. (The clippers play in los angeles too)

You will not be a good team next year with that mind set

COOLbeans
07-01-2013, 07:03 PM
It's impossible to have a rational discussion with Lakers fans

YouCan'tBeatLA
07-01-2013, 07:04 PM

Your name indicates that you're a Clippers now since you're advocating that the Lakers should let Howard for nothing. (The clippers play in los angeles too)

Ok, again, what does Alex Morgan have to do with anything? I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall.

I've been a Laker fan since '01. I couldn't care less for the flippers.

COOLbeans
07-01-2013, 07:04 PM
He was used as the only center as soon as he got to the Lakers and helped get them to the finals. Then he was the center throughout the playoffs when they won in 09. And again in the finals in 2010 due to Bynum being injured...... again.

That was how many years ago? What has he done at that position lately??

LakersMaster24
07-01-2013, 07:05 PM

Your name indicates that you're a Clippers now since you're advocating that the Lakers should let Howard for nothing. (The clippers play in los angeles too)

LOL.

I am sorry, but when I hear LA I think Lakers, not Clippers. So does 90% of NBA fanbase.

bleedprple&gold
07-01-2013, 07:05 PM

He's better at center. Yes he's a little soft for the tougher guys in the league, but he's worse at PF because he's too slow to guard anybody at that position.

COOLbeans
07-01-2013, 07:06 PM

Take care.

So I give you my response and you say "take care" hahahaha :clap:

COOLbeans
07-01-2013, 07:08 PM

Take care.

You also used the word acumen wrong hahahahaha

KB24PG16
07-01-2013, 07:08 PM
i dont think the lakers trade dwight for barnes or klay with bogut, not worth making a divisonal opponent better when theyre trying to get one last run with kobe. they wont take lee with barnes or klay since it would better just to have a **** ton of cap space next summer then to live with lee's crap contract. its more likely that dwight signs with dallas/Houston or stays unless warriors are willing to give barnes and klay which appears highly unlikely

tredigs
07-01-2013, 07:09 PM

You do realize players age along with the rest of humanity?

The 33 yr old Pau that is coming off his worst season in the NBA is not equivalent to 27-29 year old peak Pau who was fresh to a team that afforded him his first chance at a title. The best of Pau is behind him and the only move for the Lakers at this point is to rebuild, they are done competing for the meantime.

COOLbeans
07-01-2013, 07:10 PM
Ok, again, what does Alex Morgan have to do with anything? I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall.

I've been a Laker fan since '01. I couldn't care less for the flippers.

I'm just saying the Clippers are the interim kings of LA now and the Warriors are a better team then the Lakers so in theory we CAN beat LA and so can half of the western conference

LakersMaster24
07-01-2013, 07:11 PM
i'm just saying the clippers are the interim kings of la now and the warriors are a better team then the lakers so in theory we can beat la and so can half of the western conference

what does alex morgan have to do with this?

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-01-2013, 07:12 PM
That was how many years ago? What has he done at that position lately??

3 years ago. If Pau was to play center, where would Bynum play? And then where would Howard play? Its not like they had some nobody playing center where it would be dumb not to play Pau there. But Pau is best suited for the center spot now.

YouCan'tBeatLA
07-01-2013, 07:12 PM

LMFAO.

The guy is ridiculous. I give up.

ThunderousDemon
07-01-2013, 07:14 PM
Whoa!!!

I want to know why Alex Morgan was mentioned.

ThunderousDemon
07-01-2013, 07:20 PM
and you have Alex Morgan in your sig. You're a bandwagoner

Aust
07-01-2013, 07:33 PM
It's impossible to have a rational discussion with Lakers fans

It's impossible to have a rational discussion with Warrior fans. See what I did there?
Great logic.

Allphakenny1
07-01-2013, 08:11 PM
i dont think the lakers trade dwight for barnes or klay with bogut, not worth making a divisonal opponent better when theyre trying to get one last run with kobe. they wont take lee with barnes or klay since it would better just to have a **** ton of cap space next summer then to live with lee's crap contract. its more likely that dwight signs with dallas/Houston or stays unless warriors are willing to give barnes and klay which appears highly unlikely

Why does it matter if the Warriors are a divisional opponent when 8 teams make the playoffs? Houston is in the west as well as GS so Howard going to either team is bad for the Lakers. At least with GS the Lakers get good assets.

lpdunks8
07-01-2013, 08:18 PM
You also used the word acumen wrong hahahahaha

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/acumen?s=t

— n
the ability to judge well; keen discernment; insight

Again, have a great evening.

COOLbeans
07-01-2013, 08:18 PM

He's an Alex Morgan fan c'mon now she's not even that hot. He's a bandwagoner because she was popular last year

COOLbeans
07-01-2013, 08:19 PM
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/acumen?s=t

— n
the ability to judge well; keen discernment; insight

Again, have a great evening.

Lol but you asked me to be objective. Thanks for the definition though you still used it wrong.

lpdunks8
07-01-2013, 08:21 PM
To everyone besides the trolls; the reason I think the Lakers may not do the S&T (if proposed) is because I believe they'd amnesty Pau if Dwight re-signs and they can't find a trade partner (for Pau).

They'd be stuck in the same tax mess with Bogut/Pau as they would with Dwight/Pau. They wouldn't be able to amnesty Bogut, and moving him would be very difficult.

Interesting times no matter what.

COOLbeans
07-01-2013, 08:27 PM
To everyone besides the trolls; the reason I think the Lakers may not do the S&T (if proposed) is because I believe they'd amnesty Pau if Dwight re-signs and they can't find a trade partner (for Pau).

They'd be stuck in the same tax mess with Bogut/Pau as they would with Dwight/Pau. They wouldn't be able to amnesty Bogut, and moving him would be very difficult.

oh no! am I a troll?

COOLbeans
07-01-2013, 08:30 PM
It's impossible to have a rational discussion with Warrior fans. See what I did there?
Great logic.

No I didn't

sf-fanatic
07-01-2013, 08:31 PM

Bogut is an expiring and if he goes back to form he will be a top 5 two way center in the NBA. He won't be hard to move.

KB24PG16
07-01-2013, 08:33 PM
Why does it matter if the Warriors are a divisional opponent when 8 teams make the playoffs? Houston is in the west as well as GS so Howard going to either team is bad for the Lakers. At least with GS the Lakers get good assets.

if the lakers were willing to trading him within the division he would be a clipper long before he would be a warrior. neither will happen

Chacarron
07-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Love Klay Thompson and Bogut is expiring anyway. If I am the Lakers I do this deal, no questions asked.

YouCan'tBeatLA
07-01-2013, 08:41 PM
He's an Alex Morgan fan c'mon now she's not even that hot. He's a bandwagoner because she was popular last year

Umm... I knew about Alex Morgan since '10. Don't know how that makes me a bandwagon, anyway? She's way hotter than the donkey on your sig, at least. :shrug:

lol, please
07-01-2013, 08:42 PM
To be fair coolbeans, if you did bring that person up, you did change the subject first, which even if it was to prove a point was unnecessary, especially knowing the maturity of some posters here, not that I care to read through it all, but it would be fantastic if we could all stay on topic here. That topic being, the Warriors becoming instant contenders and the Lakers getting worse.

More enjoyable discussing that anyway.

Purple_n_Gold
07-01-2013, 09:37 PM
Why would we want Bogut? Klay and Barnes. Bogut can stay, Pau is still a much better option at the center position than Bogut.

Chromehounds
07-01-2013, 09:48 PM
If the Warriors give up Barnes and Klay, I don't see them improving. They are better off just going forward with the roster.

True, and lets be Howard for a sec, just a sec. Why the hell would he join to the W's without Barnes, Klay and Bogut?

lol, please
07-01-2013, 09:48 PM
@ purple and gold --lol. Have you not read a page in here? It's there, and there is good reason for it, but telling you now would be doing the work for you. It takes one click to get to the first page...

Guppyfighter
07-01-2013, 09:55 PM
I am sure Laker fans would much rather have nothing when he is in Dallas.

IversonIsKrazy
07-01-2013, 09:58 PM
I dont think Dwight will fit nicely in GS. I mean, full of shooters and quick-offense, Dwight will clash. For Lakers, best offer they will get HOWEVER, they trade Dwight to the same division in the process.

Chromehounds
07-01-2013, 10:01 PM
One thing I believe some fans overlooked is the increase value of Bogut expiring contract, not now, but at the trade deadline! Right now the Lakers do not look like they'll make any noise this year, I doubted that Kobe will be the same, not even sure he can play next year. So it's not just cap space, but potential picks the Lakers will get in return. With that said a chance to get Klay and Bogut would be very attractive to the Lakers.
I personally would prefer the W's go after Pau Gasol than D12.

lol, please
07-01-2013, 10:04 PM
@guppyfighter that's what's so rich about this. They have no say in the matter.

lol, please
07-01-2013, 10:05 PM
Ladies and gents, meet chromehounds. Leader of #TeamFireJackson. :cool:

I have told the NBA forum so much about you chrome. :love:

(Don't mean to change the subject, sorry.)

Aust
07-01-2013, 10:07 PM
I wonder what we could get for Bogut in a trade...

COOLbeans
07-01-2013, 10:09 PM

COOLbeans
07-01-2013, 10:12 PM

Why not let Boguts contract expire and get the coveted cap space folks are arguing for?

He could probably net a draft pick or can be packaged in a deal like the Camby/Bargnani deal .netting a veteran like that. though he's a better player than Camby at this time so he has more value.

Chromehounds
07-01-2013, 10:14 PM

Cap space is something the Lakers do not lack, so lets not talk about cap space. Now a 7footer that can pass and play D can be very valuable to a few teams going into the playoffs.

Chromehounds
07-01-2013, 10:15 PM

Ah you missed me already? But yeah lets get back on topic.

kblo247
07-01-2013, 10:22 PM

Pau won two titles and went to b2b2b titles. The fact is Lamar Odom played more PF minutes in each of those runs than Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom was the PF. Pau was the Center for the majority of those years. Bynum averaged 15 minutes per basically in those runs and was a 7 and 6 guy while Odom was a double double and Pau was 19 and 10. Pau has never been a PF. In fact the past three years he played more pf than C and has sucked

Mave1002
07-01-2013, 10:30 PM

Yep. Best source by far.

Bogut-Hill
Gasol-Clark
Klay-MWP
Kobe-Meeks
Nash-Blake

Id say Hell Yes. We could take on another UFA or two like Dorell Wright or Byron Mullens.

THE MTL
07-01-2013, 10:34 PM
Wait this is the Lakers we talking about here......

A Laker trade is more like: Howard + bad contract for Barnes, Thompson, Bogut, and 2 1st rounders.

COOLbeans
07-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Pau won two titles and went to b2b2b titles. The fact is Lamar Odom played more PF minutes in each of those runs than Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom was the PF. Pau was the Center for the majority of those years. Bynum averaged 15 minutes per basically in those runs and was a 7 and 6 guy while Odom was a double double and Pau was 19 and 10. Pau has never been a PF. In fact the past three years he played more pf than C and has sucked

I remember that year and I also remember Pau not doing well at all against Kendrick. He barely played against Kendrick and when he played center it was strictly due to matchups not because it was his position.

The next year in the finals he played well late against KG who is another sizable, versatile PF who can play center. But you don't want him there either since its not his natural position.

THE MTL
07-01-2013, 10:39 PM
Why would we want Bogut? Klay and Barnes. Bogut can stay, Pau is still a much better option at the center position than Bogut.

Yall about to lose Howard for NOTHING! And you talking about what "we" want lmao. Its more like what "you" going get. LMFAO!

3RDASYSTEM
07-01-2013, 10:41 PM

Its close because KLAY has such a flame from 3 range and perimeter anywhere basically and he can put it on the floor a little bit but BARNES has him destroyed in that area and he can hit the 3 and midrange but nowhere near the level of KLAY

and what complicates it even more both are on rookie deals

this is a tough call but i'd have to roll with BARNES on this because they already have another backcourt flame thrower but then again you getting HOWARD and a combo of KLAY/CURRY trumps the shooters he had with ORL, its a tough call but because of creator of shot BARNES gets edge, I feel he has physical tools to be better on ball defender also, not shut down but trumps KLAY

thomass
07-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Yall about to lose Howard for NOTHING! And you talking about what "we" want lmao. Its more like what "you" going get. LMFAO!

unless howard wants a max contract from the warriors? then THEY will need the lakers.

kblo247
07-01-2013, 10:53 PM
I remember that year and I also remember Pau not doing well at all against Kendrick. He barely played against Kendrick and when he played center it was strictly due to matchups not because it was his position.

The next year in the finals he played well late against KG who is another sizable, versatile PF who can play center. But you don't want him there either since its not his natural position.

Thing is Pau-Bynum, Pau Dwight hasn't worked? Why would they believe Pau-Bogut will work? Pau always vibes with Odom from the first time they played together with no camp. Bynum played better with Odom than he did with Pau. Dwight last year played better with Jamison and Clark.

There's no reason to trade down talent wise and pay for Pau and another C when the experiment of Pau and another true big has failed three straight years. It only makes sense if you're amnestying Pau or have a deal in place.

I rather sign Odom for the minimum, and roll with Hill and Clark next to Pau than play Pau and Bogut together. Pau doesn't have the speed or the shot to make it work, he hasn't had it the sat three years and when the playoffs come and the game slows down it becomes even more detrimental as he's been the weakest link the past 3 postseasons.

If they had a idea of where they would flip Pau while getting Bogut back or planned on moving both its better. But its half cocked and a waste of money and time with Dantoni coaching to have both of them on the roster

lol, please
07-01-2013, 10:59 PM
^THE MTL hit the nail on the head.