PDA

View Full Version : Warriors Prepared To Offer Howard Huge Assets For S&T With Lakers

Pages : 1 [2]

kblo247
07-01-2013, 11:04 PM
^THE MTL hit the nail on the head.

That thinking and spending to spend is why the Knicks haven't done **** since the 70s and the Nets have had more success since the millennium though.

Last year the Clippers best season was equivalent to one from hell from the Lakers. The lakers aren't letting people dictate **** to them and paying talent just to pay when they don't want them. They know Kobe's healed (the doc said it) and starting basketball activities and is scheduled to return in December at the latest. They know that a beat up team last year had the second beat western conference record the last 41 games, they know that the team had the third best nba record overall post all star break. They know that a healthy Rockets finished behind them and a healthy warriors barely finished above them. They know Pau plays best in the post and likely have several plans involving him as its already been said by Mitch they have a plan B without Dwight. There's a reason the Lakers are the only team in the league to have been in a finals every damn decade,,they aren't any teams ***** who just takes **** and is told he happy.

shep33
07-01-2013, 11:09 PM
Curry, Klay, Rush, Lee, Dwight.

I like that team... but if D12 gets lost in the offense when Curry and klay are raining down 3's, he better not *****

shep33
07-01-2013, 11:09 PM
I'd take Barnes over Klay too

lol, please
07-01-2013, 11:11 PM
I like that offense too shep33. :nod:

Purple_n_Gold
07-01-2013, 11:15 PM
Yall about to lose Howard for NOTHING! And you talking about what "we" want lmao. Its more like what "you" going get. LMFAO!
Ok. So we don't get anybody, we don't have to take anybody.. What's your point? Rather have nothing than Bogut in return we have Pau. Also in case you haven't noticed Bynum didn't play one minute last year. So we got a 60 percent healthy center for a year instead of an unhealthy center who didn't play one minute. So again what was your point? How bout you worry about getting to the ECFs before you worry about other teams. Cool.

DPineda85
07-01-2013, 11:16 PM
^kblo247 hit the nail on the head.

The Lakers will not accept a trade just because they're afraid of losing the biggest fa on the market. Let's stick to planB of howard walks. Dont deviate from the plan.

kblo247
07-01-2013, 11:17 PM

I'm also a Barnes over Klay guy, I just don't like the thought of Pau and Bogut.

lincecum=future
07-01-2013, 11:17 PM
As a Warrior fan I'd much rather give up Klay Thompson than Barnes. Would have no problem giving up Bogut + Klay for Howard. Also completely fine with keeping the core we have. If I knew Bogut was going to stay healthy all year I wouldn't even want the Warriors to pursue Howard, but thats a huge question mark. Warriors backup center right now is the useless Andris Biedrins with Ezeli out for an extended amount of time. If the Warriors stand pat they will have Biedrins, Jefferson, and Boguts expiring for the next offseason assuming they don't deal one midseason.

Purple_n_Gold
07-01-2013, 11:18 PM
Here's a news flash on the home front news is the Lakers would rather just let him walk then do a s and t unless blown away by an offer. Bogut plus klay is not being blown away, you don't get Dwight without Lakers agreeing to anything. So I wouldn't say the Warriors are the ones with any leverage in this situation. So its really not," what we gon get." You see what I mean.

lol, please
07-01-2013, 11:19 PM
But you don't know what a blow away offer is to them, it might not be to you, but Klay+Bogut+Beans+Jefferson+picks might just blow them away. :shrug:

And if it does....it will be A Warriors World you will live in baby. :cool:

kblo247
07-01-2013, 11:22 PM
As a Warrior fan I'd much rather give up Klay Thompson than Barnes. Would have no problem giving up Bogut + Klay for Howard. Also completely fine with keeping the core we have. If I knew Bogut was going to stay healthy all year I wouldn't even want the Warriors to pursue Howard, but thats a huge question mark. Warriors backup center right now is the useless Andris Biedrins with Ezeli out for an extended amount of time. If the Warriors stand pat they will have Biedrins, Jefferson, and Boguts expiring for the next offseason assuming they don't deal one midseason.

It was exactly what LA faced with the other Andrew. You're hard pressed to believe that the lakers don't keep Bynum, like the warriors would keep Bogut if they werent made of glass. Your career as a gm, your franchise, and a stars prime can be wasted by signing either Andrew to long term money even though their talent is worth it. Dwight is wanted by LA and GS because he is healthier not because either team didnt like their young Cs and their potentials.

kblo247
07-01-2013, 11:24 PM
But you don't know what a blow away offer is to them, it might not be to you, but Klay+Bogut+Beans+Jefferson+picks might just blow them away. :shrug:

And if it does....it will be A Warriors World you will live in baby. :cool:
Thing is short of the Warriors eating Nash who is the only guy signed in 2015, the expiring deals don't hold blow you away value. Kobe, Pau, Metta, Blake, Hill, and Meeks all expire.

I will be the first one to admit the Lakers will be blown away if GS is willing to eat Nash alongside Dwight in any deal because it opens up free agency for them completely next summer

Purple_n_Gold
07-01-2013, 11:24 PM
When we are in the extreme luxury penalty why wouldn't we just let him walk instead of taking the bad contracts of Jefferson,Bogut, Beans? Do you realize that the luxury penalty we are in makes those contracts even worth more than the players are actually paid? Say Jefferson 11 mil, not sure what he's owed but hypothetical, turns into 20 mil or so. Jefferson isn't worth 5 mil let alone 11, even worse 20. Expirings dont hold great value to a team in the extreme luxury penalty buddy, sorry to tell you.

shep33
07-01-2013, 11:25 PM
We probably need to close this thread now...

Per @Mike Bresnahan, the Lakers would rather let Dwight Howard walk than sign-and-trade him and pay luxury tax on Bogut, etc.

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz2Xr4FYQFp

It's a factor we've all been missing. Bogut doesn't have a bad contract, the problem is his 14.2 mill becomes a huge hit in the super tax this year, when we are competing for nothing

lol, please
07-01-2013, 11:27 PM
That's just a smokescreen. Dwight will be a Warrior, and a champion, next season. ;)

Purple_n_Gold
07-01-2013, 11:29 PM
Just after I stated the obvious a link echoing what most fans in LA know.

Purple_n_Gold
07-01-2013, 11:30 PM
That's just a smokescreen. Dwight will be a Warrior, and a champion, next season. ;)
Hey gotta love the optimism. Why not 5x champion over the next 5 years. Go for the gusto.

shep33
07-01-2013, 11:32 PM
I'm also a Barnes over Klay guy, I just don't like the thought of Pau and Bogut.

Yeah that front court is going nowhere. I like Bogut when healthy, sad that he can't stay at 100% anymore.

kblo247
07-01-2013, 11:35 PM
Yeah that front court is going nowhere. I like Bogut when healthy, sad that he can't stay at 100% anymore.
You agree with me, that GS only way to blow LAs mind with an offer is to eat Nash's 2 years, 18mil alongside Dwight?

Aust
07-01-2013, 11:37 PM
We probably need to close this thread now...

Per @Mike Bresnahan, the Lakers would rather let Dwight Howard walk than sign-and-trade him and pay luxury tax on Bogut, etc.

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz2Xr4FYQFp

It's a factor we've all been missing. Bogut doesn't have a bad contract, the problem is his 14.2 mill becomes a huge hit in the super tax this year, when we are competing for nothing

Good, sadly it won't stop these clowns from yapping.

hugepatsfan
07-01-2013, 11:43 PM

Bogut is an expiring contract. GS can't make the trade without sending him back so the Lakers have to decide if paying his last year salary is worth getting Barnes or Thompson back. Or you can refuse to take him back and miss out on the chance to add a young player. I think it's worth it for the Lakers to just pay Bogut for one year so they can have Barnes on the roster long term.

Aust
07-01-2013, 11:49 PM
Bogut is an expiring contract. GS can't make the trade without sending him back so the Lakers have to decide if paying his last year salary is worth getting Barnes or Thompson back. Or you can refuse to take him back and miss out on the chance to add a young player. I think it's worth it for the Lakers to just pay Bogut for one year so they can have Barnes on the roster long term.

Luxury tax aint friendly fella

Chacarron
07-01-2013, 11:51 PM

I wouldn't. Klay has shown great strides defensively and is unconscious from 3. The only edge Barnes has is rebounding. Plus, Mychal Thompson would love Klay on the team.

lol, please
07-01-2013, 11:54 PM
If all it took was to drag Nash along with Dwight then Lacob would do it in half a heartbeat.

kblo247
07-02-2013, 12:21 AM
If all it took was to drag Nash along with Dwight then Lacob would do it in half a heartbeat.

I think that would do it. He the only guy on the books in 2015 and owed 18M. Of all the players, you would hope he retires since he can't be amnestied if you're LA and he breaks down again. If he was eaten by GSW, the Lakers would have to think about it. I mean because its realistic to think Kobe and Pau would take discounts and with all that space, they could add to Klay, Kobe, and Pau.

I just don't see any scenario where they say yeah let's do a sign and trade unless if they are getting both Klay and Barnes (not happening) or just cutting bait from Nash after last year like they sold Payton out after a failed year

hugepatsfan
07-02-2013, 12:22 AM
Luxury tax aint friendly fella

That's true. But the Lakers are too good with Nash, Kobe and Gasol to get a pick high enough to take a player like Harrison Barnes or Klay Thompson. I guess it's easy to say since I'm not footing the bill but I'd be willing to pay that extra money this year because the Lakers have 0 young assets. I'm not exaggerating either - they don't have a young player worth a damn on their roster for the future and like I said before, they're too good to get high lottery pick next year. It is a lot of money to take on for next season though I will admit. It isn't long term though and they're hardly a struggling franchise so I think it's worth it for them.

PraiseJesus
07-02-2013, 12:25 AM
Kobe + Dwight for Steph Curry

Get it done

asandhu23
07-02-2013, 12:30 AM
Getting Dwight would make him the third best center in Warriors' history.

1. Wilt Chamberlain
2. Nate Thurmond
3. Dwight Howard.

not a bad company.

asandhu23
07-02-2013, 12:31 AM
Unless you consider Robert Parish to be better than Dwight.

rockets-fan
07-02-2013, 12:36 AM
I don't see LA doing it though, didn't they turn down a Griffin centered deal? Griffin is better than anyone on the GSW not named Curry.

Aust
07-02-2013, 12:40 AM
I don't see LA doing it though, didn't they turn down a Griffin centered deal? Griffin is better than anyone on the GSW not named Curry.

Mhmm, the Warriors can go pound sand.

shep33
07-02-2013, 12:41 AM
You agree with me, that GS only way to blow LAs mind with an offer is to eat Nash's 2 years, 18mil alongside Dwight?

I'd be down for that in a heartbeat.

Heediot
07-02-2013, 12:46 AM
IT's still Dwight's call, he can sign straight up with a few other teams, including the Rockets. The Warrior have to convince him first before anything else can happen.

COOLbeans
07-02-2013, 01:00 AM
Thing is Pau-Bynum, Pau Dwight hasn't worked? Why would they believe Pau-Bogut will work? Pau always vibes with Odom from the first time they played together with no camp. Bynum played better with Odom than he did with Pau. Dwight last year played better with Jamison and Clark.

There's no reason to trade down talent wise and pay for Pau and another C when the experiment of Pau and another true big has failed three straight years. It only makes sense if you're amnestying Pau or have a deal in place.

I rather sign Odom for the minimum, and roll with Hill and Clark next to Pau than play Pau and Bogut together. Pau doesn't have the speed or the shot to make it work, he hasn't had it the sat three years and when the playoffs come and the game slows down it becomes even more detrimental as he's been the weakest link the past 3 postseasons.

If they had a idea of where they would flip Pau while getting Bogut back or planned on moving both its better. But its half cocked and a waste of money and time with Dantoni coaching to have both of them on the roster

I see your point. Then that's why you move Bogut or Pau at the deadline I guess. But it's still better than nothing while getting either Thompson or Barnes back for the one year/ half year rental of Bogut.

COOLbeans
07-02-2013, 01:02 AM
That thinking and spending to spend is why the Knicks haven't done **** since the 70s and the Nets have had more success since the millennium though.

Last year the Clippers best season was equivalent to one from hell from the Lakers. The lakers aren't letting people dictate **** to them and paying talent just to pay when they don't want them. They know Kobe's healed (the doc said it) and starting basketball activities and is scheduled to return in December at the latest. They know that a beat up team last year had the second beat western conference record the last 41 games, they know that the team had the third best nba record overall post all star break. They know that a healthy Rockets finished behind them and a healthy warriors barely finished above them. They know Pau plays best in the post and likely have several plans involving him as its already been said by Mitch they have a plan B without Dwight. There's a reason the Lakers are the only team in the league to have been in a finals every damn decade,,they aren't any teams ***** who just takes **** and is told he happy.

We weren't entirely healthy last year when we lost Rush 1st game of the season and Bogut was in and out all season. Though he went strong later in the season and in the playoffs.

shep33
07-02-2013, 01:03 AM
I wouldn't. Klay has shown great strides defensively and is unconscious from 3. The only edge Barnes has is rebounding. Plus, Mychal Thompson would love Klay on the team.

I like Klay too, but I think Barnes can be the better player in the future. I think he outplayed Klay in the Spurs series.

Defensively I think he can be better than Klay, and he's more athletic. Plus the rebounding that you mentioned is a big plus.

Either way, I'd take both haha

I just don't know about Klay because he's a SG, and Kobe might be around for cheap at the 2 spot. We do need a SF though

LayBraun
07-02-2013, 01:59 AM
Don't like this trade for GSW. Dwight Howard is vastly overrated to me and his childish attitude towards everything is a complete turnoff. The dude should be the most hated player in the NBA, he's an absolute fool.

lol, please
07-02-2013, 02:09 AM
Jackson would fix that attitude and he would cooperate since he would be in good position for a 'ship anyway.

Curry
Nash
Barnes
Lee
Howard

:nod:

Aust
07-02-2013, 02:50 AM
Jackson would fix that attitude and he would cooperate since he would be in good position for a 'ship anyway.

Yeah, Phil Jackson. :p

I keed I keed.

sf-fanatic
07-02-2013, 02:51 AM
To be honest as a Warriors fan, I don't mind eating Nash's last 2 years.

We need a backup PG anyways.

Klay + RJ + Bogut

for

D12 + Nash + Jordan Hill

Nash will fill the void from Jarret Jack's departure and Jordan Hill can replace Landry.

jcbetson
07-02-2013, 02:59 AM
Jefferson, Biedrens, green, two 1sts for Howard

lol, please
07-02-2013, 03:00 AM
^ That's what i'm talking about! :clap:

Would hate to lose Green though.

jcbetson
07-02-2013, 03:02 AM
👍😛🍻

YouCan'tBeatLA
07-02-2013, 03:17 AM
To be honest as a Warriors fan, I don't mind eating Nash's last 2 years.

We need a backup PG anyways.

Klay + RJ + Bogut

for

D12 + Nash + Jordan Hill

Nash will fill the void from Jarret Jack's departure and Jordan Hill can replace Landry.

That's funny.

We could get all those for just Dwight, and even that will not be enough.

Guppyfighter
07-02-2013, 03:23 AM
Laker fans are incredibly obnoxious.

lol, please
07-02-2013, 03:24 AM
It will be enough, if there's no better offer. :laugh2:

Lake_Show2416
07-02-2013, 03:32 AM
1 thing Dwight needs to want to go there which realistically he doesnt, its between the Rockets & Lakers, Rockets dont need a sign & trade so Lakers wont b receiving anything if Dwight walks tho it would b nice to get Barnes or Klay to start the rebuild

Aust
07-02-2013, 03:38 AM
It will be enough, if there's no better offer. :laugh2:

What % sure are you that the Lakers do a sign-and-trade with Golden State?

Lloyd Christmas
07-02-2013, 10:34 AM
There are too many variables to make me get my hopes up as a Warriors fan.