PDA

View Full Version : LW Ryan Clowe Will Not Return To Rangers: Trying To Trade Rights

IAmARanger18
06-30-2013, 10:17 PM
Reported by Pierre LeBrun and Katie Strang. And teams have been calling for him. Hopefully we can get a draft pick or mid level prospect for him. Had he not been concussed twice since acquiring him I would say bring him back for cheap, but it's not worth losing another 2nd round pick if we resign him.

Www.snyrangersblog.com has the story up, sorry on phone.

fingerbang
06-30-2013, 10:20 PM
Don't think the Rangers have the cash to bring him back even if they wanted to. Draft is over so maybe they can get a pick in next year's draft but it doesn't look promising.

IAmARanger18
06-30-2013, 10:38 PM
He said he's willing to take a paycut to stay here, but I don't see Sather dishing out 1-2M to guy with an injury history. I'll take a pick in next years draft, good draft next year.

fingerbang
06-30-2013, 10:57 PM
The Rangers only have 12 million dollars and they have to re-sign Step, McD, Hags, and MZA. They're not gonna have any money left after that.

IAmARanger18
06-30-2013, 10:59 PM
It's actually just north of 13M in cap space, i'm not worried they will all be re-signed

fingerbang
06-30-2013, 11:04 PM
It's actually just north of 13M in cap space, i'm not worried they will all be re-signed

Pat Leonard says 12, either way they have no money to sign anyone significant or bring back Clowe.

bsi
06-30-2013, 11:27 PM
Pat Leonard says 12, either way they have no money to sign anyone significant or bring back Clowe.

There's also the possibility that someone else goes with him too. Say Boyle and Clowe for whoever. That way you're saving Boyles cap as and hopefully gaining a LW that could play top 6 maybe, seems like a stretch but who knows.

IAmARanger18
06-30-2013, 11:29 PM

There's also the possibility that someone else goes with him too. Say Boyle and Clowe for whoever. That way you're saving Boyles cap as and hopefully gaining a LW that could play top 6 maybe, seems like a stretch but who knows.

Weird, Capgeek has it at close to 13.5M and I don't think Boyle eill be going anywhere, AV loves a gritty 3rd like Center like him. If anything one of Asham/Powe/Pyatt will be traded away to save cap

nyr2002nyr
06-30-2013, 11:31 PM
Weird, Capgeek has it at close to 13.5M and I don't think Boyle eill be going anywhere, AV loves a gritty 3rd like Center like him. If anything one of Asham/Powe/Pyatt will be traded away to save cap

Powe please

SLY WILLIAMS
06-30-2013, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the update IamARanger.

I kind of figured Clowe would be gone after we decided to keep Brad. I figured we might keep 1 of them, but not both.

bsi
06-30-2013, 11:36 PM
Sure Powe then, but I don't see Boyle being the 3rd line center anymore, he's either gonna be the 4th line center or a winger with Stepan, Richards and Brassard manning the top three lines in no order.

IAmARanger18
06-30-2013, 11:46 PM
I think they may even try Richards/Brassard on the 2nd line LW spot and have the other play Center