PDA

View Full Version : Rockets put Asik and Lin on the market

Stunner
06-30-2013, 09:20 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ken-berger/22588779/sources-confident-rockets-make-asik-lin-available-in-trades

sunsfan88
06-30-2013, 09:23 PM
Lol which team in their right mind would want Lin? Unless the Rockets are trying to dump Lin with Asik.

Stunner
06-30-2013, 09:25 PM
A team like the Mavs , Bucks or Magic would if they miss out on a PG . Lin is still improving as a player and still have some potential . He works best as the lead guard , a role he excelled at when he played in NY , not I'm Houston with Harden there . Not to Mention Lin brings the overseas market that can appeal to team not doing so well in sales .

Stunner
06-30-2013, 09:27 PM
Mavs would deal for Asik if they miss out on Howard .

Knick_Fever
06-30-2013, 09:27 PM
If this is true, Its a clear indication that they know Howard will sign with them. Howard/Parsons/Harden will be fun to watch.

setman2000
06-30-2013, 09:28 PM
Lol which team in their right mind would want Lin? Unless the Rockets are trying to dump Lin with Asik.

A team like the Mavs , Bucks or Magic would if they miss out on a PG . Lin is still improving as a player and still have some potential . He works best as the lead guard , a role he excelled at when he played in NY , not I'm Houston with Harden there . Not to Mention Lin brings the overseas market that can appeal to team not doing so well in sales .

Wrong. The answer is nobody will want Lin with that contract.

sunsfan88
06-30-2013, 09:31 PM
If this is true, Its a clear indication that they know Howard will sign with them. Howard/Parsons/Harden will be fun to watch.

It feels weird reading Parsons in the same category as Dwight Howrad and James Harden.

Stunner
Isn't Lin contract like 8 million for three more years ? If he gets close to his NY stats with him being in that lead guard role he would have played closed to the money he's getting not to mention the fan base he would bring along with him . So there is no wrong to anyone who would trade for Lin especially if they got a 1st along with him . That poison pill doesn't effect his contract since the Knicks didn't match the offer

c.c.
I only like this if we getting Howard and a better PG

Stunner
06-30-2013, 09:34 PM
Seems like the Rockets are high on Beverly , truth is the Rockets don't need a better PG just somebody who will fit in with Harden . He doing the majority of the ball handling . Just need a PG to shoot the 3 , defend and pass a Lil which Beverly does.

sunsfan88
06-30-2013, 09:34 PM

I think Beverely will start for you guys. He won't be asked to create offense for anyone since Harden will do that, Beverely will probably just asked to play defense which he's very good at.

Stunner
06-30-2013, 09:36 PM
What I think the Rockets are trying to do Is get a better PF not PG . Someone like Ryan Anderson , Milsap , Josh Smith or wait till 2015 and try and get a Monroe or Aldridge , maybe Love .

Blitzace137
06-30-2013, 09:40 PM
Harden and Lin were not ideal fits. Beverly will probably start for Houston. Lin will have better numbers if he's the primary ball handler on another team.

Blitzace137
06-30-2013, 09:42 PM
Asik will be a good piece for whoever gets him.

GiantsSwaGG
06-30-2013, 09:44 PM
Lin is trash. Asik in the other hand

RLundi
06-30-2013, 09:44 PM
Who would want Lin?? I'd pay him good money to stay away.

gotoHcarolina52
06-30-2013, 09:49 PM
@KBergCBS

Another possible landing spot for Jeremy Lin is Detroit, source says. Rockets would acquire Jose Calderon in sign-and-trade in such a deal.

Calderon would be a solid addition. But why the hell would Detroit make that trade?

Gators123
06-30-2013, 09:49 PM
@KBergCBS

Calderon would be a solid addition. But why the hell would Detroit make that trade?

sep11ie
06-30-2013, 09:50 PM
I can't believe people STILL don't what Lin's contract is.

GiantsSwaGG
06-30-2013, 09:51 PM
I can't believe people STILL don't what Lin's contract is.

Who cares, he's not even worth 5 mill. He sucks

lakers4sho
06-30-2013, 09:52 PM

That's straight up tampering.

Stunner
06-30-2013, 09:55 PM
Knicks weren't saying he suck when he won them those games . Flip floppers , Lin was a prisoner of Harden . His numbers would have looked better if that trade never happen . Lin is a guard who needs a spot of shooter next to him like a JJ Redick , not another lead guard .

LakersMaster24
06-30-2013, 09:55 PM
Imagine if Dwight doesn't sign with them? :laugh:

htownlegend
06-30-2013, 10:01 PM
Imagine if Dwight doesn't sign with them? :laugh:

I'm sure these deals won't happen until after we get Dwight

CodeRed
06-30-2013, 10:12 PM
Trade Asik and Terrance Jones to the Pelicans for Greivis Vasquez and Ryan Anderson. Then trade Lin to anybody who wants him for a decent backup.

Snakeyestx
06-30-2013, 10:18 PM
I can see a deal for Lin somewhere... maybe Lin for Jack or something in some SnT deal, but it'd be kinda nice to see what our frontcourt combo would be like with Howard/Asik up there - even Isaiah Thomas made mention of this today, making the same "Olujuwon/Sampson" reference I banged on about earlier last week. Sure they're different offensively, but you know good and well that when Morey and Olajuwon meet with Howard tomorrow morning, Hakeem'll be like "I will teach you and Omer what I did with Ralph, and you will be a Champion."

Blitzace137
06-30-2013, 10:18 PM
Knicks weren't saying he suck when he won them those games . Flip floppers , Lin was a prisoner of Harden . His numbers would have looked better if that trade never happen . Lin is a guard who needs a spot of shooter next to him like a JJ Redick , not another lead guard .

Agreed not everyone gets this. Lin had to adapt to Hardens game he didn't look comfortable playing off the ball up until the end of the season even than it wasn't ideal him and Harden.

THE MTL
06-30-2013, 10:28 PM
Thats what they get for stealing Lin from us with that ridiculous contract. now they wanna get rid of him.

DDynO
06-30-2013, 10:41 PM
We could net a good return for Asik. Lin, on the other hand......

c.c.
06-30-2013, 10:45 PM
Thats what they get for stealing Lin from us with that ridiculous contract. now they wanna get rid of him.

Didn't a Phoenix Suns fan tell you that about Stoudemire?

Stunner
06-30-2013, 10:46 PM
Didn't a Phoenix Suns fan tell you that about Stoudemire?

Burn

Asik's better
06-30-2013, 11:01 PM
I love this game, what other rumours are we running with as fact

IversonIsKrazy
06-30-2013, 11:36 PM
A lottery team that has a relatively large Asian population in their area would prlly gladly take on Lin's contact. Cant imagine how much $$$$ he brings into attendance and marketing from the Asian community.

G-Menn!
06-30-2013, 11:37 PM
Gonna be an active offseason :)

Crackadalic
06-30-2013, 11:42 PM
Lin is going to the bobcats with mj putting on his troll mask. Asik will be a welcome addition wherever he goes

RiceOnTheRun
07-01-2013, 12:25 AM

Seems like the Rockets are high on Beverly , truth is the Rockets don't need a better PG just somebody who will fit in with Harden . He doing the majority of the ball handling . Just need a PG to shoot the 3 , defend and pass a Lil which Beverly does.

I still think Lin > Beverly. He just doesn't fit well with Harden, because both of them are ball dominant players. The Rockets are simply looking for a 3 and D player, which fits Beverly's profile much better. I can't blame them honestly, it's what's best for their organization.

Harden and Lin were not ideal fits. Beverly will probably start for Houston. Lin will have better numbers if he's the primary ball handler on another team.

^

Lin is trash. Asik in the other hand

When you have Harden and Lin on the floor, obviously you're going to give the ball to Harden. No doubt he's the better ball-handler. He averages 14 pp48 with Harden on the floor and 27 pp48 when Harden's on the bench. I still don't think he's at the level of an all-star guard yet, but he's far from trash. Throw him into a team with a need for a primary ball handler and I guarantee he averages 18/7.

rockets-fan
07-01-2013, 12:43 AM
I will be beyond mad if this is true, not because I like Lin, though I love Asik. But because the rockets are going to start getting a reputation of treating players like assets, no loyalty. And players need to feel secure when they commit to a team, and I personally wouldn't feel secure signing with the Rockets, knowing I could be shipped off to a team I did not chose to sign to any moment.

houstonrockets1
07-01-2013, 12:49 AM
https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=InsiderJayNBA

THIS WOULD BE INSANE!!!!!!!!

effen5
07-01-2013, 01:07 AM
I will be beyond mad if this is true, not because I like Lin, though I love Asik. But because the rockets are going to start getting a reputation of treating players like assets, no loyalty. And players need to feel secure when they commit to a team, and I personally wouldn't feel secure signing with the Rockets, knowing I could be shipped off to a team I did not chose to sign to any moment.

Shouldn't have signed Lin to that contract....Asik on the other hand...I wish was still on the Bulls :(

pippsux
07-01-2013, 04:59 AM
They wont do it unless, there is a commitment from Howard. But if we can get j smooth for lin, im ok with that.

c.c.
07-01-2013, 05:15 AM
Gonna be an active offseason :)

I think a lot of players gonna be wearing different jerseys

kblo247
07-01-2013, 08:27 AM
They wont do it unless, there is a commitment from Howard. But if we can get j smooth for lin, im ok with that.
I think this is true about Asik. They won't deal him without a Dwight deal in place.

I wouldn't be shocked to see them sign and trade Lin for a Josh Smith type even without Dwight. They can upgrade their talent and bench with the cap they have left. And a team like Atlanta can cash cow Lin

flclfanman
07-01-2013, 09:28 AM
**** you Darryl Morey/ Rockets FO.

You poison pill Asik from the Bulls just to flip him to fulfill your fantasy of Howard in Houston? Enjoy the Dwightmare. That story doesn't end well

G-Menn!
07-01-2013, 11:41 AM

You poison pill Asik from the Bulls just to flip him to fulfill your fantasy of Howard in Houston? Enjoy the Dwightmare. That story doesn't end well

Which companies for your sig?

tr3ymill3r
07-01-2013, 11:53 AM

You mad bro?

sep11ie
07-01-2013, 12:10 PM

That's what happens to role players in this league. Lin didn't stay with the Knicks(the team that gave him a chance and the city that adored him and made him a National headline) and Asik took the first big contract out of Chicago. Does that mean teams won't sign them cause they have already left teams in FA?

Max.This
07-01-2013, 12:12 PM
That's what happens to role players in this league. Lin didn't stay with the Knicks(the team that gave him a chance and the city that adored him and made him a National headline) and Asik took the first big contract out of Chicago. Does that mean teams won't sign them cause they have already left teams in FA?

I would love for lin to be back in Ny, the kid works hard and can be a decent starter in this league.

KingstonHawke
07-01-2013, 12:36 PM
This might sound crazy, but I think the deal that makes the most sense for the Rockets is to package Lin, Asik, and White for Stoudmire. Stoudmire is a way better fit with Harden and Howard than Lin and Asik are, at about the same price.

sep11ie
07-01-2013, 12:46 PM
This might sound crazy, but I think the deal that makes the most sense for the Rockets is to package Lin, Asik, and White for Stoudmire. Stoudmire is a way better fit with Harden and Howard than Lin and Asik are, at about the same price.

Yup, you are right. That does sound crazy.

blahblahyoutoo
07-01-2013, 04:14 PM

the asian novelty that lin brings has long sailed.

blahblahyoutoo
07-01-2013, 04:14 PM
It feels weird reading Parsons in the same category as Dwight Howrad and James Harden.

why? he's proven himself last year and is only getting better.

Aust
07-01-2013, 04:29 PM
Let those contracts sink them.

sunsfan88
07-01-2013, 08:02 PM
why? he's proven himself last year and is only getting better.

Harden and Dwigt are superstars. Parsons? Role player. He averaged what 15 pts a game last season? Never been an All Star, never been on any All NBA teams or anything like that.

Him and Jared Dudley are similar players. And yet you wouldn't hear me saying that Dwight should come to PHX because we have Dudley.

dolfan720
07-01-2013, 09:29 PM

**** that

dolfan720
07-01-2013, 09:31 PM
Harden and Dwigt are superstars. Parsons? Role player. He averaged what 15 pts a game last season? Never been an All Star, never been on any All NBA teams or anything like that.

Him and Jared Dudley are similar players. And yet you wouldn't hear me saying that Dwight should come to PHX because we have Dudley.

dont compare Jared Dudley and Chandler Parsons! Just stop :punish:

rockets-fan
07-01-2013, 09:43 PM

Just delete your account. Parsons is better than any player on the suns roster just stop

sep11ie
07-01-2013, 09:52 PM

I have never seen you post anything worth 2 *****.

Parsons has been in the league 2 years, is gained league wide praise and was invited to try out for the Olympic team.

blahblahyoutoo
07-01-2013, 10:41 PM

parsons is a sophomore and is already better than dudley, who is only going to decline.
and he's not going to houston to play with parsons. he's going to play with Harden AND parsons.

sunsfan88
07-02-2013, 03:26 AM
parsons is a sophomore and is already better than dudley, who is only going to decline.
and he's not going to houston to play with parsons. he's going to play with Harden AND parsons.
Your assuming that Parsons is going to get better. We'll see.

White guys today usually tend to fall short of their "potential" but we'll see.

sunsfan88
07-02-2013, 03:28 AM
Just delete your account. Parsons is better than any player on the suns roster just stop

Aw Rockets fans getting butt hurt cause I insulted their 2nd rd pick Parsons?

And no sorry other than Harden who is the only reason the Rockets are even relevant again, Houston has nobody that's better than the best players on the Suns. And the Suns suck and are a horrible team so that should tell you how I feel about the Rockets minus Harden.

dolfan720
07-02-2013, 04:58 PM

And no sorry other than Harden who is the only reason the Rockets are even relevant again, Houston has nobody that's better than the best players on the Suns. And the Suns suck and are a horrible team so that should tell you how I feel about the Rockets minus Harden.

Your the biggest joke of a poster ive ever seen in my life. Plus your raciest....

dolfan720
07-02-2013, 05:00 PM
Your assuming that Parsons is going to get better. We'll see.

White guys today usually tend to fall short of their "potential" but we'll see.

Who do the suns even have? Beasley? :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

sunsfan88
07-02-2013, 05:08 PM

What? You make no sense.....we're talking about the Rockets and you bring up the Suns and Beasley? Phoenix is the worst basketball team in the NBA, what's your point?

LOL and I'm the "biggest joke of a poster"......right....

Iron24th
07-02-2013, 05:12 PM

or a clear indication that they BELIEVE dwight will sign.

rockets-fan
07-02-2013, 05:56 PM

Not at all, it's true, Parsons is better and more valuable than anyone on the suns. Just because your knowledge of Basketball is tiny does not mean we Rockets fans are butt hurt. I'm sure fans from other teams would love to come in hear and inform you on how wrong you are.

dolfan720
07-02-2013, 05:56 PM
What? You make no sense.....we're talking about the Rockets and you bring up the Suns and Beasley? Phoenix is the worst basketball team in the NBA, what's your point?

LOL and I'm the "biggest joke of a poster"......right....

my point is chandler parsons is better than your whole team

rockets-fan
07-02-2013, 06:00 PM

Don't take it to heart, it's just what fans do when their franchise is going through a pathetic state.

dolfan720
07-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Don't take it to heart, it's just what fans do when their franchise is going through a pathetic state.

hahaha true that bro

NBA-GMaster
07-02-2013, 11:35 PM
Asik would be a good fit for Atlanta if JSmoove decided to move to Houston.. But Lin, :confused: is there any teams intersted on him??

waveycrockett
07-03-2013, 12:21 AM
Unless they are getting back an allstar type trading Asik is a bad move for just more role players and I dont think Smith and Howard is a good combo. Makes more sense to trade Asik for a PG if they do it.

*Silver&Black*
07-03-2013, 12:40 AM
Asik would be a good fit for Atlanta if JSmoove decided to move to Houston.. But Lin, :confused: is there any teams intersted on him??

Not if Hawks tank, unless people think a Horford/Asik frontcourt can tank. We need picks.

NBA-GMaster
07-03-2013, 01:18 AM
Not if Hawks tank, unless people think a Horford/Asik frontcourt can tank. We need picks.

Im pretty sure Asik, a 1st rd pick and filler for Jsmoove would be the ideal deal..

*Silver&Black*
07-03-2013, 01:20 AM
Im pretty sure Asik, a 1st rd pick and filler for Jsmoove would be the ideal deal..

Don't know if Hawks can tank with Horford/Asik. In the East that would be a good duo.

sunsfan88
07-03-2013, 05:34 AM

You should know right since Houston was in a pathetic state til they got Harden? LOL fans like you make me wish that what happened with T-Mac and Yao happens again to the Rockets with Harden and Dwight.

Asik's better
07-03-2013, 06:05 AM
I'm still on the side that Dwight isn't coming to Houston. So I don't see Asik and Lin being traded. I do see once this whole Howard circus is over see houston going after smith or millsap.

YouCan'tBeatLA
07-03-2013, 06:21 AM
I have never seen you post anything worth 2 *****.

Parsons has been in the league 2 years, is gained league wide praise and was invited to try out for the Olympic team.
Calm your titties. He got an invite to the 2nd squad. Even Gordon Beiber got one. Parsons is truly nothing special and I guarantee you he won't make an impact on Dwight's decision.

RollingWave
07-03-2013, 06:27 AM
http://www.sports790.com/player/?mid=23418681&station=KBME-AM&program_id=FeaturedInterviews.xml&program_name=podcast

Morey flat out denies this claim, said that teams did call asking, but he's not planning to trade either (i'm guessing he didn't give enough of a flat out no so that teams took it as a maybe)

Branwegner84
07-03-2013, 08:21 AM
I don't know if it would finically, but personally, I think a Asik and Lin for Nole and Bosh would be good for both teams.

Chalmers/Lin
Wade/Allen/Miller
James/Battier/Jones
Haslem/FA
Asik/Andersen/Anthony

Beverley/Cole
Harden/Anderson
Parsons/Jones
Bosh/Smith/White
Dwight/Motiejunas

dolfan720
07-03-2013, 01:39 PM
You should know right since Houston was in a pathetic state til they got Harden? LOL fans like you make me wish that what happened with T-Mac and Yao happens again to the Rockets with Harden and Dwight.

Never as pathetic as the Suns. Even tho we missed the playoffs 3 years in row. In that span we managed to NBA record for best record by a team with no All-Stars. Never finish even close to last in the conference.

dolfan720
07-03-2013, 01:41 PM
Calm your titties. He got an invite to the 2nd squad. Even Gordon Beiber got one. Parsons is truly nothing special and I guarantee you he won't make an impact on Dwight's decision.

We will see this year b

tp13baby
07-03-2013, 01:54 PM

I bash Lin a lot cause he is brutal. But Parsons is a bright spot and I like him a lot. He is in the Wilson Chandler area in terms of talent now. He is good. I like him a lot.

rockets-fan
07-03-2013, 02:23 PM

Actually Houston was in the contention for a playoff spot every year after the tmac and Yao injuries. They kept a competitive team that had playoff records, just fell a bit short at the end. That's not pathetic. Pathetic is being a bottom 3 team. What is your reason for trolling so hard? Is that what gets you off at night or what? We are in a sports forum, don't you have better things to do than troll?

rockets-fan
07-03-2013, 02:26 PM

Nothing special as in superstar, no. Borderline all star to all star potential, yes. He does it all. Defend,can shoot, can drive, good handles, good passer. He's a really good player, people just don't know much about him because he isn't popular, but he will be. Even Kobe gave him props, and he even said "and I don't say that about a lot of people so that's special" or something along those lines.

sep11ie
07-03-2013, 02:54 PM

Oh wow, a guarantee from you means a lot! Thanks!

Aust
07-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Never as pathetic as the Suns. Even tho we missed the playoffs 3 years in row. In that span we managed to NBA record for best record by a team with no All-Stars. Never finish even close to last in the conference.

But I thought you guys always had stars on your team?

Aust
07-03-2013, 04:02 PM

Parsons is pretty good dude

dwoyo
07-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Asik and Lin getting traded or not all depends on where D12 decides to go.

If Dwight lands in Houston, then Asik is most likely getting shipped off to Portland (Blazers took Thomas Robinson off their hands to clear up cap space for Howard, so Houston may return the favor).

As for Lin, I say he stays put this offseason, and if his struggles continue, the Rockets will look to deal him before the trade deadline.

sunsfan88
07-03-2013, 07:10 PM

Actually Houston was in the contention for a playoff spot every year after the tmac and Yao injuries. They kept a competitive team that had playoff records, just fell a bit short at the end. That's not pathetic. Pathetic is being a bottom 3 team. What is your reason for trolling so hard? Is that what gets you off at night or what? We are in a sports forum, don't you have better things to do than troll?

How am I the one trolling when I was having a discussion about what this thread is about (the Rockets) and the poster above you tried to bring up the Suns, something completely irrelevent to the topic to try and make a point?

I get it that the Rockets are finally good now, you guys are contenders, you guys are the s**t and everything and all the fans are super hyped up on it but why be so arrogant?

sunsfan88
07-03-2013, 07:14 PM
But...didn't you hear? Parsons is a once in a lifetime player. Him, Harden and Dwight are gonna bring the title to Houston :laugh:

But I thought you guys always had stars on your team?

The way they talk, you would think they did. It would be some sweet karma if Dwight (another player with injury history) becomes just like Yao and Harden (a superstar player like T-Mac) ends up suffering the same fate as T-Mac.

It sure would help shut up some of the ignorant Rockets fans. They finally got one good player and now they may be getting a diva in Dwight to sign with them and they think their all f**ing that lol.

ldawg
07-05-2013, 06:26 AM
IMO Rockets screwed up big time. They should of stick with their your team and not rush the brush. Let them grow together. Going After Howard IMO hurt them even if the land him. They would be a good team just not a championship one with a larg pay role with no room to sign help. They should have target Al Jefferson to add to what they already have. They are making the same mistake Sixers did last year chasing the big name killing the chemistry they made. Keep the young deep team. Face it the last 10 championship that were handed out did not have Howard.

ldawg
07-05-2013, 06:28 AM
But...didn't you hear? Parsons is a once in a lifetime player. Him, Harden and Dwight are gonna bring the title to Houston :laugh:

The way they talk, you would think they did. It would be some sweet karma if Dwight (another player with injury history) becomes just like Yao and Harden (a superstar player like T-Mac) ends up suffering the same fate as T-Mac.

It sure would help shut up some of the ignorant Rockets fans. They finally got one good player and now they may be getting a diva in Dwight to sign with them and they think their all f**ing that lol.Houston aint deep enough. If James Harden goes down Howard would find himself on a team worst than the one he left in Orlando.

Asik's better
07-05-2013, 06:59 AM

It sure would help shut up some of the ignorant Rockets fans. They finally got one good player and now they may be getting a diva in Dwight to sign with them and they think their all f**ing that lol.

Don't mind him, he is trolling along through here.

Asik's better
07-05-2013, 07:02 AM
IMO Rockets screwed up big time. They should of stick with their your team and not rush the brush. Let them grow together. Going After Howard IMO hurt them even if the land him. They would be a good team just not a championship one with a larg pay role with no room to sign help. They should have target Al Jefferson to add to what they already have. They are making the same mistake Sixers did last year chasing the big name killing the chemistry they made. Keep the young deep team. Face it the last 10 championship that were handed out did not have Howard.

Nothing like 76ers. Howard dosnt go bowling

sunsfan88
07-05-2013, 07:04 AM
Don't mind him, he is trolling along through here.

Haha yea I know man. There are some HOU fans that aren't as bad.

Asik's better
07-05-2013, 07:06 AM
Anyway, as iv said it before, I don't houston getting Dwight, I see the rockets getting smith which would put us ahead of Memphis and Denver. That team would be good enough for 4th to 5th seed. Maybe 3rd if the rockets were lucky.

GoferKing_
07-05-2013, 08:12 AM

Dude, you brought Suns to this conversation... And who on Suns roster is better than Harden? I'm curious.

sunsfan88
07-05-2013, 08:47 AM
Dude, you brought Suns to this conversation... And who on Suns roster is better than Harden? I'm curious.

Read the sentence before it...I said other than Harden. And no I didn't bring the Suns into it, one of the Rockets fans did. The post you quoted wasn't the first post of the conversation.