PDA

View Full Version : Did OKC mess up by not taking Shabazz?

shep33
06-30-2013, 09:09 PM
Seems like Steven Adams is a long-term project.

With Kevin Martin possibly not returning, they have little room for a wing player to add. Maybe Lamb takes over that spot, but having Shabazz would've been another solid option.

Thoughts?

Clippersfan86
06-30-2013, 09:10 PM
Seems like Steven Adams is a long-term project.

With Kevin Martin possibly not returning, they have little room for a wing player to add. Maybe Lamb takes over that spot, but having Shabazz would've been another solid option.

Thoughts?

Lol I just started a thread along the same lines. They drafted a project center as you said.

shep33
06-30-2013, 09:12 PM
Ahh **** lol. Didn't even see it.

Mods you can close this

flea
06-30-2013, 09:15 PM
Adams is raw but he should be able to contribute some minutes next year, so it's not a total project. I don't like Shabazz at all for next year so I'm not sure what that would solve. He's not a good shooter, doesn't move well without the ball, and is a volume scorer. Shabazz is fairly one-dimensional and that dimension isn't all that valuable to a team with 2 primary ball handlers already.

shep33
06-30-2013, 09:16 PM
Adams is raw but he should be able to contribute some minutes next year, so it's not a total project. I don't like Shabazz at all for next year so I'm not sure what that would solve. He's not a good shooter, doesn't move well without the ball, and is a volume scorer. Shabazz is fairly one-dimensional and that dimension isn't all that valuable to a team with 2 primary ball handlers already.

Shabazz's stock has fallen, and rightfully so. But if Martin walks, he'd be a nice option off the bench

flea
06-30-2013, 09:17 PM
All the Thunder need off the bench are shooters, not inefficient and unproven slashers.

Kyben36
06-30-2013, 09:21 PM
Kevin Martin will come back IMO, but I wasnt a fan of Adams, I think he has high bust long term plan and while they have time to wait, I just could see him floping hard.

Shabazz I dont like either though, he has the body of a SG but he is unfortunatly overwight and I think would benifit athleticaly if he trimed down to more of a SG WEight.

Clippersfan86
06-30-2013, 09:21 PM
Ahh **** lol. Didn't even see it.

Mods you can close this

Naw wasn't saying that bro. Just saying the timing was funny :cheers:

RLundi
06-30-2013, 09:47 PM
Yes, Shabazz is better than people realize. So he's a bit older than we thought, and he isn't that great a teammate, not to mention he doesn't have a good attitude- so what?? Lol even so, I think he'd be a tremendous addition and KD and Westy could mold him into a good player.

shep33
06-30-2013, 09:51 PM
Naw wasn't saying that bro. Just saying the timing was funny :cheers:

Haha thanks man