06-30-2013, 10:44 PM
Huh? Lol

Compare the photos and scouting reports. It's the same guys

IAmARanger18
06-30-2013, 10:58 PM
Ohhh hahaha my bad

bsi
06-30-2013, 11:33 PM
I thought their 75th pick was probably their best really, Pavel Buchnevich if he's given proper guidance could become a legit top 6 player but from what I gather he's more of a Zherdev type player, highly skilled but a guy that could use some motivation at times. Maybe he grows into it, and if he does he's a steal at 75.

IAmARanger18
06-30-2013, 11:47 PM
Oh great so a typical Russian head case? Haha either way it's either boom or bust for him, same thing as Grachev was for us a few years bsck

liltedspop
07-01-2013, 09:34 AM
Grachev lol

bsi
07-01-2013, 09:42 AM
Ya there's not a whole lot ya can do when your first pick is at 75 so have to try and find something with some scuff marks on it and polish it up and see if it stays clean I guess.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-01-2013, 10:33 AM
Ya there's not a whole lot ya can do when your first pick is at 75 so have to try and find something with some scuff marks on it and polish it up and see if it stays clean I guess.

Obviously draft years differe but I look at the draft outside of the top 5 picks this way usually.

Picks:
5-30=50% chance of becoming a solid player
31-60=30% chance of becoming a solid player
60-90=15% chance of becoming a solid player

Considering we were drafting 75 and above I like our first 2 picks. I think they have a chance. Not a great chance but a chance.

liltedspop
07-01-2013, 10:37 AM
was nice to see J.D. yesterday, Cory Schneider has to feel like it's groundhog day all over again for him. Rangers draft was as expected underwhelming as usual but you never know where you find a gem in the rough in the late rounds. That 2nd round pick we wasted on Clowe would have looked nice, but that water under the bridge. Prospect camp opens today let's hope we get some good reports on McIlrath & St. Croix.

fingerbang
07-01-2013, 02:45 PM
Obviously draft years differe but I look at the draft outside of the top 5 picks this way usually.

Picks:
5-30=50% chance of becoming a solid player
31-60=30% chance of becoming a solid player
60-90=15% chance of becoming a solid player

Considering we were drafting 75 and above I like our first 2 picks. I think they have a chance. Not a great chance but a chance.

You don't like the Toney D pick? He's really fast and has good hands. He's a Sly guy.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-01-2013, 02:49 PM
You don't like the Toney D pick? He's really fast and has good hands. He's a Sly guy.

It is not that I do not like him. It is that I do not know him. Your description makes him sound pretty good. Fast with good hands? Sounds like Reijo Ruotsalainen who was one of my favorite players ever!

Just based on your description I'm hopeful about him as well. Hope is free. :)

NYSPORTS98
07-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Prospect camp opens today let's hope we get some good reports on McIlrath & St. Croix.

Let's hope somebody reminds Ross Rhea not to deck Xavier Laflemme.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-01-2013, 07:28 PM
The scouting reports on these guys make me hopeful we might catch lightening in a bottle. They can all skate. I keep reading the term boom or bust. When we dont have a 1st or a 2nd round pick all I'm looking for is a chance.

IAmARanger18
07-07-2013, 12:48 AM
That Russian kid has first round talent they said. I'm interested to see how he pans out, hopefully it pays off!

nyr1980
07-07-2013, 12:54 AM
For what it's worth, the guys at Hockey Prospectus had Buchnevich ranked 17Th.

NYSPORTS98
07-07-2013, 08:28 AM

We will see what it's worth. Unlike other drafts, the NHL drools over every prospect and every pick is a gem on draft day.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-07-2013, 01:00 PM

I saw he was ranked high and the guy we got with our 3rd pick really wowed the writers in last weeks camp. I hope some of our good prospects come along soon because I felt like we had a great club to start last season and somehow we now have a really mediocre fwd group less than a year later.

MJL80
07-07-2013, 03:37 PM
I saw he was ranked high and the guy we got with our 3rd pick really wowed the writers in last weeks camp. I hope some of our good prospects come along soon because I felt like we had a great club to start last season and somehow we now have a really mediocre fwd group less than a year later.

Couldn't agree more, last summer I was praying for the end of the lockout bc i felt we were the team to beat in the east. Now with other teams emerging in the east like Toronto, Columbus, Detroit, and the Islanders (along with Pit and Boston as the top 2 IMO) i feel like we're nothing more than a middle of the pack team and a 5-7 seed come playoff time. Really hoping one (if not both) of Kreider / Miller emerge as a star in the next year or two

SLY WILLIAMS
07-07-2013, 03:57 PM
Couldn't agree more, last summer I was praying for the end of the lockout bc i felt we were the team to beat in the east. Now with other teams emerging in the east like Toronto, Columbus, Detroit, and the Islanders (along with Pit and Boston as the top 2 IMO) i feel like we're nothing more than a middle of the pack team and a 5-7 seed come playoff time. Really hoping one (if not both) of Kreider / Miller emerge as a star in the next year or two

Amazing how far our opinions/hopes of Gabs, Richards, Kreider, Boyle, and maybe even Nash have fallen since last November.

nyr1980
07-07-2013, 04:03 PM
It's understandable considering the seasons they had in one way or another. Hope they've got the breath of fresh air they needed.

bsi
07-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Amazing how far our opinions/hopes of Gabs, Richards, Kreider, Boyle, and maybe even Nash have fallen since last November.

I still think we had a really good team to start the year, thought we needed a LW and a D. I personally think we had a better team to start last year than this but it will be interesting to see if Brassard can be who he was with us, and if John Moore continues to grow. If those two play well and Richards and Kreider can get their game back I think we are probably going to be better than this past season, a season in which we underachieved. Having said all that Columbus looks to be a good team now too. Interesting to see who goes farther next year.