PDA

View Full Version : Top #1 picks all time, what order would you take them?, who would you take #1 overall

JordansBulls
06-30-2013, 04:39 PM
Top #1 picks all time, what order would you take them?, who would you take #1 overall?

Example:

Kareem
Shaquille O'neal
Lebron James
Patrick Ewing
Hakeem Olajuwon
Tim Duncan
Magic Johnson
David Robinson
Oscar Robertson
Bill Walton
Dwight Howard
Derrick Rose

ChitownBears22
06-30-2013, 04:44 PM
didn't you just make this thread essentially. I expect you will see the same answer here as in your other thread.

tredigs
06-30-2013, 04:47 PM
Depends. Pure talent wise? Longevity and injury history included? It's tough. But probably Hakeem, KAJ, Shaq, Magic, Lebron, D. Rob, Oscar, Ewing, Walton, Howard, Rose.

JordansBulls
06-30-2013, 04:49 PM
didn't you just make this thread essentially. I expect you will see the same answer here as in your other thread.

The other thread centered on Picks 1 thru 5 only taking one player at each pick number. But that is more about fit as well. This is totally different. This is mainly this is what you are starting your team with. So you must consider talent, health, the idea that they stick with your franchise, etc.

Bruins2012
06-30-2013, 04:55 PM
Hakeem is the best center ever in the NBA.

canefandynasty
06-30-2013, 04:58 PM
Hakeem for me rather easily.

black1605
06-30-2013, 05:05 PM
Lebron.

jerellh528
06-30-2013, 06:05 PM
shaq
magic
kareem
hakeem
duncan
lebron

RiceOnTheRun
06-30-2013, 07:12 PM
Shaq
Hakeem/Kareem
Lebron
Duncan
Magic

Rose doesn't even deserve consideration (yet)

Chacarron
06-30-2013, 07:16 PM
Hakeem Olajuwon
Kareem
Shaquille O'neal
Magic Johnson
Tim Duncan
David Robinson
Lebron James
Patrick Ewing
Oscar Robertson
Bill Walton
Dwight Howard
Derrick Rose

COOLbeans
06-30-2013, 07:23 PM
Oscar
Lebron
Shaq
Magic
Hakeem
Kareem
Duncan
Walton
Other

JordansBulls
07-09-2013, 01:41 PM

In what way is it rather easily?

looka09
07-09-2013, 02:05 PM
Shaq.

DreamShaker
07-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Top #1 picks all time, what order would you take them?, who would you take #1 overall?

Example:

Kareem
Shaquille O'neal
Lebron James
Patrick Ewing
Hakeem Olajuwon
Tim Duncan
Magic Johnson
David Robinson
Oscar Robertson
Bill Walton
Dwight Howard
Derrick Rose

Magic
Kareem
Hakeem
Shaq
Lebron
Duncan
Robinson
Robertson
Walton
Ewing
Howard
Iverson
Sampson
Webber
Rose
Yao
Worthy
Grandmama

Kwame

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-09-2013, 02:25 PM
LBJ for me

DreamShaker
07-09-2013, 02:36 PM
Sad to see all the injury prone careers on here. Walton, Sampson, Yao, Larry Johnson, and Webber were all studs before their bodies wore down before their time. A guy like Brad Daughery is another guy who had HOF potential before his career was shortened. I hope Rose can bounce back.

Hawkeye15
07-09-2013, 02:44 PM

ironic that he turned out to be the 2nd best player in his own draft.

Hawkeye15
07-09-2013, 02:46 PM
Kareem
LeBron
Shaq
Hakeem
Duncan
Robinson

those are the cream right there, in order for me. I am putting LeBron over Shaq because I think he will eventually pass him. If LeBron's career ends tomorrow, I drop him below Duncan.

rapjuicer06
07-09-2013, 02:49 PM
I went with Shaq, but in todays age I'd probably want Hakeem...really tough between those two

Jarvo
07-09-2013, 07:32 PM
Iverson???

DreamShaker
07-09-2013, 08:07 PM
Kareem
LeBron
Shaq
Hakeem
Duncan
Robinson

those are the cream right there, in order for me. I am putting LeBron over Shaq because I think he will eventually pass him. If LeBron's career ends tomorrow, I drop him below Duncan.

No Magic?

Bishnoff
07-09-2013, 08:22 PM
1. Hakeem
2. Magic
3. Shaq
4. LeBron
5. Duncan

Hawkeye15
07-09-2013, 08:26 PM
No Magic?

total blunder. He would go #4 in my above list.

OceanSpray
07-09-2013, 08:29 PM
Can't go wrong with Shaq, Kareem, Hakeem, Duncan, Bron, or Johnson at #1.

Buckwheat
07-09-2013, 08:31 PM
No Iverson on the original list, but it includes Rose. Hmmm.

lamzoka
07-09-2013, 08:37 PM
Bargniani for me

DillyDill
07-09-2013, 08:38 PM
Give me the M.D.E

Sinestro
07-09-2013, 08:49 PM
Difficult to figure out between Kareem, Shaq, Duncan & Hakeem..... I think I'll go with Kareem though

kdspurman
07-09-2013, 09:40 PM
Duncan... Dominant 2 way player, easy to coach, great teammate, loyal, humble, etc...

alexander_37
07-09-2013, 10:04 PM
Dream or Lebron... I cant decide

OceanSpray
07-09-2013, 10:16 PM
I take it back, you'll be a fool not to pick Shaq. No one in any era can stop Shaq.

Hawkeye15
07-09-2013, 10:18 PM
why on earth would Iverson need to join this list?

Jarvo
07-09-2013, 10:40 PM

So it's ok to have Rose on there but not Iverson?? Lol

Slug3
07-09-2013, 10:45 PM
I take it back, you'll be a fool not to pick Shaq. No one in any era can stop Shaq.

Except the refs.

alexander_37
07-09-2013, 10:45 PM

I would take him over rose. Iverson never had a team.

FOBolous
07-09-2013, 10:46 PM
1. Dream
2. LeBron
3. Magic
4. Kareem
5. Shaq

ntd
07-09-2013, 10:48 PM
You have to go with Lebron, his career trajectory has him finishing a close second all-time to MJ. Shaq, Hakeem, and Kareem are all very close seconds though.

BlahaTRUTH
07-10-2013, 12:02 AM
If I just had to pick one player without any real criteria for "why" I'm picking. My default would be to go with a player who is most versatile vs. pure dominance. Some while there truly are some of the best big men of all time on this list, I'd like to go with more of a general basketball utility vs unstoppable force. Again no knock on some of the elite big to have gone #1.

My choice is really between Magic, LBJ, Big O, and that type of player... and I would take Magic. He's capable of doing so many things on the court, making those around him better, **** I mean, It's Magic Johnson. Also, he's certainly made more money off the court than on the court - which shows how smart of a person he is too and how is work ethic translates to things beyond sports.

In my opinion Magic Johnson is the clear choice when there isn't really any criteria given. I don't think there is any situation (war, boardroom, trivia, anything) where you wouldn't want Magic Johnson on your team, especially basketball.

FOBolous
07-10-2013, 12:07 AM
If I just had to pick one player without any real criteria for "why" I'm picking. My default would be to go with a player who is most versatile vs. pure dominance. Some while there truly are some of the best big men of all time on this list, I'd like to go with more of a general basketball utility vs unstoppable force. Again no knock on some of the elite big to have gone #1.

My choice is really between Magic, LBJ, Big O, and that type of player... and I would take Magic. He's capable of doing so many things on the court, making those around him better, **** I mean, It's Magic Johnson. Also, he's certainly made more money off the court than on the court - which shows how smart of a person he is too and how is work ethic translates to things beyond sports.

In my opinion Magic Johnson is the clear choice when there isn't really any criteria given. I don't think there is any situation (war, boardroom, trivia, anything) where you wouldn't want Magic Johnson on your team, especially basketball.

that's why Lebron and Magic are my 2 and 3rd choice respectfully.

Korman12
07-10-2013, 01:24 AM
Between Magic and Kareem for me right now. Went with Magic.

lamzoka
07-10-2013, 07:09 AM
I mad that rose is on this list. Wtf have this guy done in his career to be consider one of the greats?

Cal827
07-10-2013, 08:22 AM
Kwame Brown

krisxsong
07-10-2013, 08:27 AM
Can somebody please tell me how in the world Michael Jordan is left off this list?

DR_1
07-10-2013, 08:57 AM
Kareem for me. And JB you should wait for Rose to play a few more seasons before putting him up with these guys lol

WhiteSoxGod
07-10-2013, 08:58 AM
Can somebody please tell me how in the world Michael Jordan is left off this list?

LOL because Michael Jordan was not a #1 overall pick. Hakeem "the Dream" Olajuwon and Sam Bowie went ahead of him.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-10-2013, 09:57 AM
I vote Shaq, but there's 4-5 guys you can make a case for being #1.

J4KOP99
07-10-2013, 09:59 AM
Are all the Hakeem picks a joke? He was damn good but how can you possibly rationalize picking him over some of the other guys?

FYL_McVeezy
07-10-2013, 10:04 AM
Here goes my order:

Shaquille O'neal
Lebron James
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Hakeem Olajuwon
Tim Duncan

Edit: I shaved off the list to just top 5

WhiteSoxGod
07-10-2013, 10:15 AM
Are all the Hakeem picks a joke? He was damn good but how can you possibly rationalize picking him over some of the other guys?

LOL I'm shocked this comment came from a Lakers fan HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

J4KOP99
07-10-2013, 10:20 AM
Honestly though. How can you rationalize taking him over Duncan, Shaq, magic, Kareem, and even Lebron?

htownlegend
07-10-2013, 10:41 AM
Dream!

DreamShaker
07-10-2013, 11:48 AM
Honestly though. How can you rationalize taking him over Duncan, Shaq, magic, Kareem, and even Lebron?

I would not be mad at any of those guys going ahead of Dream, but it isn't like he's not in their league. In my opinion, he is better than Duncan, but it is close. He was a better defender and a better scorer. Duncan has had a better career, but he also had much better circimstances. But this is a "starting from scratch, who would you take" from my understanding. And Hakeem is the only guy on the list who won a championship without a hall of fame teammate. I respect you taking all those guys over him, but it is not ridiculous to take him over a few of those guys at least. This is coming from a lifelong Hakeem fan who took Magic first.

FOBolous
07-10-2013, 12:27 PM
I would not be mad at any of those guys going ahead of Dream, but it isn't like he's not in their league. In my opinion, he is better than Duncan, but it is close. He was a better defender and a better scorer. Duncan has had a better career, but he also had much better circimstances. But this is a "starting from scratch, who would you take" from my understanding. And Hakeem is the only guy on the list who won a championship without a hall of fame teammate. I respect you taking all those guys over him, but it is not ridiculous to take him over a few of those guys at least. This is coming from a lifelong Hakeem fan who took Magic first.

ignore the butt hurt lakers fans who are hating on eveything that has ever been associated with the Rockets. after the D12 trade, you even have a WHOLE BUNCH of Lakers fans trying to argue Shaq is more skilled than Hakeem :laugh::laugh2: it's sad and pathetic. i've honestly stopped getting mad and is entertained by how butt hurt they are. they're soooo butt hurt that they even goes as far as making themselves look like fools just to hate on D12 and the Rockets. just sit back and enjoy it.

and there has been a lot of comparisons of Lebron leaving Cleveland vs Dwight leaving LA and there really isn't. Lebron was with Cleveland for YEARS. Dwight was only there for one year and he didn't even want to be there in the first place.

TheNumber37
07-10-2013, 01:00 PM
I'm laughing at anyone taking LBJ over the likes of Hakeem, Shaq, Duncan, Kareem, even David Robertson.

A chance to grab a big like any of these guys is RARE. IF they were all drafted as Rookies, the bigs would prove to be more conducive to winning right away because of their game changing abilities on the Defensive end.

When LBJ matures to the point of where he is winning today, These a guys are all in their primes.
As good as Hibbert was against Miami, and of these other bigs would have destroyed them.

DR_1
07-10-2013, 01:03 PM
I'm laughing at anyone taking LBJ over the likes of Hakeem, Shaq, Duncan, Kareem, even David Robertson.

A chance to grab a big like any of these guys is RARE. IF they were all drafted as Rookies, the bigs would prove to be more conducive to winning right away because of their game changing abilities on the Defensive end.

When LBJ matures to the point of where he is winning today, These a guys are all in their primes.
As good as Hibbert was against Miami, and of these other bigs would have destroyed them.

Well said :clap:

pacofunk64
07-10-2013, 01:21 PM
Shaq...in his prime he was beast. Hakeem was close to being my pick but he didn't dominate like Shaq did. LBJ would probably be #2 or #3.

alexander_37
07-10-2013, 10:06 PM

:laugh:

alexander_37
07-10-2013, 10:06 PM

Quite easily....

WadeKobe
07-11-2013, 03:48 AM

This is the answer. There is a short supply of skilled Big Men.

RiceOnTheRun
07-11-2013, 04:25 AM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

RiceOnTheRun
07-11-2013, 04:30 AM

I 110% agree. As much as small ball has taken over the league nowadays, a dominant center will always be the most important piece on a team.

sammyvine
07-11-2013, 05:32 AM
I mad that rose is on this list. Wtf have this guy done in his career to be consider one of the greats?

its the no.1 picks over the last 14 years or so

derrick rose was a number 1 pick in the draft if you are aware/

LBJ6
07-11-2013, 07:00 AM
Obviously I'll pick Lebron first, simply because he's the best among them.

LBJ6
07-11-2013, 07:04 AM

Actually i'm laughing at you on not picking Lebron ahead of them, you can make a case on shaq, the others not a chance... i'm actually laughing right now at your reasoning.

bagwell368
07-11-2013, 07:07 AM
Iverson???

Why would anyone want him on this list?

bholly
07-11-2013, 07:07 AM

Um, no, it's a selection of #1 picks going back as far as 1960. LBJ, Dwight and Rose are the only guys from the last 14 years.

JordansBulls
07-11-2013, 04:10 PM
I would have to take between Hakeem, Duncan and Kareem. Each of them won titles with the franchise that drafted them, so if I am drafting a player I want a guy to win with my franchise and also want a guy to stay 10+ years. Which is why I would take Hakeem and Duncan probably before anyone else on the list.

ManRam
07-11-2013, 04:20 PM
just going off of JB's OP and really quickly off the top of my head

Shaquille O'neal
Kareem
Lebron James
Tim Duncan
Hakeem Olajuwon
Magic Johnson
David Robinson
Patrick Ewing
Oscar Robertson
Bill Walton (assuming we know their career trajectories)
Dwight Howard
Derrick Rose

This is not how I rank these guys all time. I'm putting a bit of emphasis on peak dominance more so than longevity, which might be foolish. I just think in today's NBA banking on having a player stay with you for their whole careers is dumb. So gimme peak years. I also favoring big men over everyone else, and PGs the least. That's for a whole other day though.

I am also STUNNED to see the overwhelming love for Hakeem. Amazing player, but not the first big man I'm reaching to...not at all.

JordansBulls
07-11-2013, 04:44 PM
How do you guys decide on who to take here in the order you have chosen? the player who had the better prime? The player who can gel well with most players? the player who will most likely stay with your franchise? The player who actually won with the franchise that drafted them?

lamzoka
07-11-2013, 04:46 PM

number 1 pick over the last 14 yrs?????? :confused:

i think the title clearly said #1 pick of all time

only 3 players out of that list were drafted over the past 14 years or so.

Chronz
07-11-2013, 05:11 PM
I would have to take between Hakeem, Duncan and Kareem. Each of them won titles with the franchise that drafted them, so if I am drafting a player I want a guy to win with my franchise and also want a guy to stay 10+ years. Which is why I would take Hakeem and Duncan probably before anyone else on the list.

But if you're drafting the player, you're already changing the entire way his career unfolded from a roster support standpoint.

Put it this way, if Im drafting Shaq, Im going to show him the love and money from day 1. Kareem would have gone to NY instead of Milwaukee if Mikan hadn't blown the courtship completely. You cant simplify a players career that way, not when you're pulling the "If I drafted him" card.

Hakeem demanded a trade, and Duncan would have been in Orlando if not for Pop. Are you going to hire Pop to keep Duncan on your team? Would you have traded Hakeem when he asked to be traded?

kozelkid
07-12-2013, 02:14 AM
Kareem
LeBron
Shaq
Hakeem
Duncan
Robinson

You have Kareem over Shaq, Duncan and Hakeem? :confused:

John Walls Era
07-12-2013, 02:31 AM
1) You made this thread at least 10 times in your lifetime on PSD.

2) At least list all the #1 overall picks if you're going to do it right.

Sadds The Gr8
07-12-2013, 02:33 AM

:facepalm:

lol so true

BRADfromOZ
07-12-2013, 03:37 AM
Hakeem. How can I not take my favorite player #1?

YouCan'tBeatLA
07-12-2013, 04:13 AM
Kareem/Magic
O'neal
Hakeem
Duncan

My top 5.

Can't believe Lebron has more votes than Kareem and Magic. :facepalm:

LakersMaster24
07-12-2013, 04:19 AM
I am utterly disgusted by this blasphemy that I am witnessing. How can you, how dare you say that if you could choose one of these players that you would pick Lebron James over KAREEM ABDUL JABBAR and MAGIC JOHNSON or even THE DREAM or TIM DUNCAN?

This is absolutely bizarre, disgusting and simply putrid to see. I dare you, I ****ing dare you, any of you, to call Lakers fans "Kobephiles", when you yourself pick Lebron ****ing James over some of the greatest players ever who are CLEARLY better than your pretty boy Bron Bron.

LeBron James is an amazing talent, don't get me wrong, he will go down as a Top 10 player which he already arguably is. Heck even if you think he will be a Top 3 ever, I don't care, maybe LeBron is gonna win the next 5 titles, who knows? However, I cannot believe that some of you are saying that Lebron James > Magic, Kareem, Duncan and Hakeem at this stage of his career, so far. SHUT THE **** UP. The dick riding has completely gone out of control.

Stop living in the moment, take out Lebron's scrotum out of your mouths and think for a second. PSD is complete trash.

I rest my case.

lakers4sho
07-12-2013, 04:21 AM
I am utterly disgusted by this blasphemy that I am witnessing. How can you, how dare you say that if you could choose one of these players that you would pick Lebron James over KAREEM ABDUL JABBAR and MAGIC JOHNSON or even THE DREAM or TIM DUNCAN?

This is absolutely bizarre, disgusting and simply putrid to see. I dare you, I ****ing dare you, any of you, to call Lakers fans "Kobephiles", when you yourself pick Lebron ****ing James over some of the greatest players ever who are CLEARLY better than your pretty boy Bron Bron.

LeBron James is an amazing talent, don't get me wrong, he will go down as a Top 10 player which he already arguably is. Heck even if you think he will be a Top 3 ever, I don't care, maybe LeBron is gonna win the next 5 titles, who knows? However, I cannot believe that some of you are saying that Lebron James > Magic, Kareem, Duncan and Hakeem at this stage of his career, so far. SHUT THE **** UP. The dick riding is completely gone out of control.

Stop living in the moment, take out Lebron's scrotum out of your mouths and think for a second. PSD is complete trash.

shut up Kobephile

YouCan'tBeatLA
07-12-2013, 04:24 AM

LeBron James is an amazing talent, don't get me wrong, he will go down as a Top 10 player which he already arguably is. Heck even if you think he will be a Top 3 ever, I don't care, maybe LeBron is gonna win the next 5 titles, who knows? However, I cannot believe that some of you are saying that Lebron James > Magic, Kareem, Duncan and Hakeem at this stage of his career, so far. SHUT THE **** UP. The dick riding is completely gone out of control.

Beautiful. :clap:

P.S. #*********

lakers4sho
07-12-2013, 04:28 AM
kobe fiens are out in full force tonight, this thread ain't even about kobe :facepalm:

YouCan'tBeatLA
07-12-2013, 04:38 AM
kobe fiens are out in full force tonight, this thread ain't even about kobe :facepalm:

Shut up, cHeat bandwagoner.

lakers4sho
07-12-2013, 04:40 AM
Shut up, cHeat bandwagoner.

actually i'm a Rox fan thank you very much

Lin-Harden-DH2013

YouCan'tBeatLA
07-12-2013, 04:44 AM
actually i'm a Rox fan thank you very much

Lin-Harden-Parsons-Beverly-DH2013

FTFY. Now it's a dynasty.

sunsfan88
07-12-2013, 07:04 AM
Why is Derrick Rose on this list?

It's pretty insulting to the rest of the players on that list IMO.

NoahH
07-12-2013, 11:54 AM
Where do Michael Olowakandi and Kwame Brown fall in this conversation?

LAKERMANIA
07-12-2013, 02:59 PM
Why does Lebron have more votes than Magic and Kareem?

Lakersfan2483
07-12-2013, 03:25 PM

Because most of the people voting are too young to have seen Magic and Kareem play.

Lakersfan2483
07-12-2013, 03:27 PM
Kareem
Magic
Shaq
Hakeem
Duncan
Lebron
Oscar

WrongIslander
07-12-2013, 06:23 PM
Magic
Kareem
Shaq
LeBron
Duncan

KnickaBocka.44
07-12-2013, 06:36 PM
Where is Bargnani?

:whistle:

LakeShowRaider
07-12-2013, 06:41 PM
Talent wise. Easil Shaq. But based on career numbers I would take Kareem. LeBron is a very close 2nd.

JordansBulls
07-14-2013, 11:37 AM
Talent wise. Easil Shaq. But based on career numbers I would take Kareem. LeBron is a very close 2nd.

How would you rate them all?

todu82
07-19-2013, 11:49 AM
1) Kareem
2) Magic
3) Shaq
4) Duncan
5) Lebron
6) Oscar
7) Hakeem
8) Robinson
9) Ewing
10) Walton
11) Howard
12) Rose

DR_1
07-19-2013, 07:09 PM

:laugh: JWE your honesty is freaking hilarious :laugh:

JordansBulls
07-21-2013, 08:48 AM

Not sure.

b@llhog24
07-22-2013, 05:51 PM

Cause Oscar Robertson was drafted in the last 14 years right? Lmao. :laugh:

LeBron James is an amazing talent, don't get me wrong, he will go down as a Top 10 player which he already arguably is. Heck even if you think he will be a Top 3 ever, I don't care, maybe LeBron is gonna win the next 5 titles, who knows? However, I cannot believe that some of you are saying that Lebron James > Magic, Kareem, Duncan and Hakeem at this stage of his career, so far. SHUT THE **** UP. The dick riding has completely gone out of control.

I rest my case.

Omg, he's knows how to use caps lock. So badass.

b@llhog24
07-22-2013, 05:51 PM
Kareem
Magic
Shaq
Hakeem
Duncan
Lebron
Oscar

So one could argue that you're underrating Oscar since you haven't watched him play, no?

JordansBulls
08-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Where is Bargnani?

:whistle:

Why?

flea
08-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Dream
Duncan
Lebron
Shaq
Magic