PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant is back on the court shooting, today!

lakerboy
06-30-2013, 02:29 PM
Maybe only free throws though, but still a very good sign.

It's today too, Sunday!!

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-kobe-posts-instagram-picture-of-himself-shooting/2013/06/30/

c.c.
06-30-2013, 02:34 PM
He trying to show some signs before Dwight chooses his destination

lakers4sho
06-30-2013, 02:42 PM
Exaggerated his injury yet again.

SugeKnight
06-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Laker forum

jimm120
06-30-2013, 02:52 PM
Iman Shumpert was shooting free throws for a long time too. You still can't run (and obviously not even think about cutting and slashing) for months afterwards. You can stand, tough.

RapOZo
06-30-2013, 02:53 PM
Exaggerated his injury yet again.

exaggerated? :confused: are you serious? check on the others torn Achilles players (billups, shaq, etc) and see if they were even able to shoot free throws right after and WALK on his own to the locker room?

ThunderousDemon
06-30-2013, 02:55 PM
exaggerated? :confused: are you serious? check on the others torn Achilles players (billups, shaq, etc) and see if they were even able to shoot free throws right after and WALK on his own to the locker room?

Whoosh!

lakerboy
06-30-2013, 02:58 PM
He was being sarcastic!

carlthack
06-30-2013, 02:58 PM
Already running since a few weeks ago, already resuming basketball activities today. Still 4 months left to continue healing. Anybody still think he wont be back for opening day?

lakers4sho
06-30-2013, 02:59 PM

:hide:

lakerboy
06-30-2013, 03:00 PM
Iman Shumpert was shooting free throws for a long time too. You still can't run (and obviously not even think about cutting and slashing) for months afterwards. You can stand, tough.

We know shooting free throws don't mean anything. Kobe was shooting free throws 30 seconds after he tore his achilles. But the fact that he is walking and back on the court is something we're all happy about!

Avenged
06-30-2013, 03:00 PM

welcome to the super team.

lakers4sho
06-30-2013, 03:07 PM

ACL =/= Achilles

LakersMaster24
06-30-2013, 03:22 PM
Enough with Kobe.

Can we have some more Lebron news now? Any rumor on his faucet? Heard it broke :( :( :(

beliges
06-30-2013, 03:27 PM
kobes just made differently than anyone else. Part of what makes him one of the absolute greatest at any sport.

Hawkeye15
06-30-2013, 03:38 PM
while I don't doubt Kobe returning to a high level, I imagine we have seen his best for the last time. He won't be the Kobe we are used to next season. That injury, his mileage just prevent it to me.

But hey, I could be wrong, just judging it off the athletes before him in the same circumstances. It usually takes a full year of recovery before you get your bounce back after that injury.

I Rock Shaqs
06-30-2013, 03:55 PM
while I don't doubt Kobe returning to a high level, I imagine we have seen his best for the last time. He won't be the Kobe we are used to next season. That injury, his mileage just prevent it to me.

But hey, I could be wrong, just judging it off the athletes before him in the same circumstances. It usually takes a full year of recovery before you get your bounce back after that injury.

WOAH! Really?!?!?

dee279
06-30-2013, 03:56 PM
Enough with Kobe.

Can we have some more Lebron news now? Any rumor on his faucet? Heard it broke :( :( :(

Source? Link?

LAKERMANIA
06-30-2013, 04:00 PM
This guy is so selfish.. Look at him taking those free throws all by himself without even looking to pass the ball..

lakers4sho
06-30-2013, 04:13 PM
This guy is so selfish.. Look at him taking those free throws all by himself without even looking to pass the ball..

Stop hating. Can't you see him passing the ball to the rim?

bucketss
06-30-2013, 05:02 PM
mean while derrick rose......

Bruno
06-30-2013, 05:12 PM
legendary.

the reports of his demise have been greatly exaggerated.

amos1er
06-30-2013, 05:50 PM
Good man. I expect no less from Kobe. Best work ethic in the history of the game.

amos1er
06-30-2013, 05:55 PM
WOAH! Really?!?!?

Don't mind him. He is one of the biggest Kobe haters on this site. He tries to pretend like he is impartial and hide it though ninja attacks though. He thinks he is slick...not so much.

amos1er
06-30-2013, 05:56 PM
legendary.

the reports of his demise have been greatly exaggerated.

lol yup.

Kuya_Clive
06-30-2013, 06:35 PM
Already running since a few weeks ago, already resuming basketball activities today. Still 4 months left to continue healing. Anybody still think he wont be back for opening day?

He's gonna do his best to come back ASAP, but he is a 30 something athlete, not a 20 something. That's gonna be tough no matter who you are.

Iron24th
06-30-2013, 06:52 PM
Kobe F'ckin Bryant

beliges
06-30-2013, 06:57 PM

We know shooting free throws don't mean anything. Kobe was shooting free throws 30 seconds after he tore his achilles. But the fact that he is walking and back on the court is something we're all happy about!

The fact that he shot and made those 2 Fts should have been enough indication that he would be back by opening night. One of the G-est of all Gs in the history of the game.

GiantsSwaGG
06-30-2013, 06:59 PM
The clippers are real scared

Greedy22
06-30-2013, 07:14 PM

I really hope you are wrong, it's gonna be tough to swallow when he's not that Kobe anymore. Been watching him night in and night out since I was 7 years old.

Nasty injury no doubt, but if anyone can bounce back from it, it's Kobe.

sunsfan88
06-30-2013, 07:41 PM
Laker forum.

Hawkeye15
06-30-2013, 08:08 PM
I really hope you are wrong, it's gonna be tough to swallow when he's not that Kobe anymore. Been watching him night in and night out since I was 7 years old.

Nasty injury no doubt, but if anyone can bounce back from it, it's Kobe.

For sure, and I don't expect to see an average basketball player, I just don't expect to see a top 5 player again in Kobe. That injury is brutal, and it came at a time when he was set to see a decline regardless.

Again, maybe I am wrong. Kobe's longevity is why he is in the top 10 or so.

RLundi
06-30-2013, 08:16 PM
I believe this should be in the Lakers forum.

ArmLaker
06-30-2013, 08:18 PM
It's not a LeBron thread

/thread

dodie53
06-30-2013, 09:04 PM
good news.

any news on nash?
;)

OceanSpray
06-30-2013, 11:09 PM
These Lakers fans are all upset that Kobe isn't on the news as much as LeBron.. It's almost pathetic.

ThunderousDemon
06-30-2013, 11:27 PM
These Lakers fans are all upset that Kobe isn't on the news as much as LeBron.. It's almost pathetic.

Cry me an ocean.

Bruno
06-30-2013, 11:29 PM
no we're pleased that he's working hard to get back on the court. no need to troll this thread.

BlahaTRUTH
06-30-2013, 11:57 PM
Glad Kobe is making progress with his rehab. The NBA is better when he is on the court.

LakersIn5
07-01-2013, 12:35 AM

shaq wasnt able to shoot FTs even when healthy

OceanSpray
07-01-2013, 01:03 AM
no we're pleased that he's working hard to get back on the court. no need to troll this thread.

Have you been reading this thread or just commenting for the hell of it?

AnthonyTyrael
07-01-2013, 10:37 AM
dp

AnthonyTyrael
07-01-2013, 10:38 AM
For sure, and I don't expect to see an average basketball player, I just don't expect to see a top 5 player again in Kobe. That injury is brutal, and it came at a time when he was set to see a decline regardless.

Again, maybe I am wrong. Kobe's longevity is why he is in the top 10 or so.

Yep but playing a few more years, he needs to change/adjust his game anyways. He already showed it at times, about stretches last year. Last year, he didn't know what his role would be and tried to figure it out most of the season, nor did anybody else on the Lakers knew their role (besides the injuries), that's why Gasol, Howard and Nash were wasted all year :-) , even healthy at full force what was rare. Nash didn't decline last year, he can still give you 10+ assist per game, he's just on the leash like everybody else. Officially they're all unchained but put into a system/chemistry that is none, so he's still on a leash. They all are. Especially with no one sacrificing. They figured it out to some degree at the end though.

When he played Nash's position, had a way better shot selecetion and all around game... this guy could be gold for the future, no matter how old he is by then. IF he's ever again able to have once in a while a 35-45 point effort scoring night, when it's needed... man.

As you said, what's he able to do on court after recovery? His legs, his explosiveness, most often his drive and defense... he already showed mileage over the past years but then there is his will and his competiveness on the other side. He's like a hurt but not yet dead animal, one of the worst case. He'll still give you some hard fights and survive a few attackers before he's going down.