PDA

View Full Version : Year of the Superteam?

JEDean89
06-29-2013, 04:20 PM
This is getting kind of crazy, i don't think we have ever had such a high concentration of allstars on so few teams. The list in no particular order

Miami: Bosh/Wade/Lebron
New York: Melo/Amare/Tyson
Brooklyn: Williams/Johnson/Pierce/KG/Lopez
Chicago: Rose/Noah
Indiana: George/Granger/Hibbert
Lac: Paul/Griffin
San Antonio: Parker/Leonard/Duncan
Lal: Nash/Bryant/Gasol/Howard (for now, but if he bolts he creates another superteam)
Thunder: Ibaka/Westbrook/Durant
GSW: Curry/Lee/Bogut

that is quite the list, usually there are 3-4 teams in a year that have multiple allstars, this year the small market teams appear to really be in trouble. i wonder if this is the result of Lebron, the lockout or us just paying more attention to it but now more than ever it appears as though the small market teams truly have become farms for the big ones.

HouRealCoach
06-29-2013, 04:21 PM
Just about the same as last year if u ask me

TrueFan420
06-29-2013, 04:38 PM
Some of the names you listed don't equal super teams.

You forgot the thunder.

If the bulls and pacer equal super teams than the warriors should be on the list as well.

Max.This
06-29-2013, 04:39 PM
take the knicks off that list. Never saw a superteam thats slated 5th in the eastern conference. Amare is shot and Tyson is overrated. Noone should be killing melo because its a one man team and everyone but haters know it

Mr_Jones
06-29-2013, 04:40 PM
This is getting kind of crazy, i don't think we have ever had such a high concentration of allstars on so few teams. The list in no particular order

Lal: Nash/Bryant/Gasol/Howard (for now, but if he bolts he creates another superteam)

that is quite the list, usually there are 3-4 teams in a year that have multiple allstars, this year the small market teams appear to really be in trouble. i wonder if this is the result of Lebron, the lockout or us just paying more attention to it but now more than ever it appears as though the small market teams truly have become farms for the big ones.

Those aren't superteams. And the Lakers really aren't much of a superteam either. Especially if Dwight walks. Nash is past his prime and is nothing more than a serviceable player now. Pau has been injured and we dont know if he still is the Pau of old. But that team without Dwight is just Kobe and Pau. Not exactly a superteam.

Kings Faithful
06-29-2013, 04:42 PM

Aside from LA and Miami i see a pretty fair distribution of players through the league. Some teams might have a few extra really good players, but you can't put teams like Indiana, Chicago, or even San Antonio in the "superteam" category. Right now the only team that really fits that in my mind is the Heat. The Lakers would be if they had some depth. Brooklyn is close but until we see them play i'll hold my judgement.

Overall on the super team scale, we are about equal to the last few years.

--23--
06-29-2013, 04:56 PM
Bulls, Pacers, Spurs, Clippers, Knicks and even Lakers(if Dwight leaves) are not super teams.

effen5
06-29-2013, 04:57 PM
There are so few stars in the league today and of course the few we have wants to team up...its ridiculous.

abe_froman
06-29-2013, 05:05 PM
most of the teams you mentioned arent superteams,a super team is a team with 3+ superstars.

noah,lenord,george,lopez,chandler,hibbert arent superstars(with lenord,george,hibbert they may become ones as they are still very young,but they arent household names yet)

tp13baby
06-29-2013, 05:14 PM
There really is only 1 super team with Miami. I think this hurts the league teaming up. Bosh has clearly gotten a lot worse and Wade has declined and a lot of that has to due with them relying on Lebron, unlike in the past when Wade and Bosh were the guys on their team.

JEDean89
06-29-2013, 05:17 PM
while i agree that not all of the players are superstars and some aren't even allstars but they are all top 50 players and the concentration of them on a limited amount of teams is ridiculous. small market teams are fun to watch but what's the point if everyone keeps bailing to play with each other in large markets. only a minority of those teams drafted their stars.

ChitownBears22
06-29-2013, 05:28 PM
97-98

Bulls: Jordan/Pippen/Rodman
Jazz: Malone/Hornacek/Stockton
HEAT: Hardway/Mourning/Mashburn
Spurs: Duncan/Robinson
Supesonices: Baker/Payton/Schrempf
Lakers: Shaq/Bryant/Fox/Jones
Suns: Mcdyess/Robinson/Kidd/Nash

I would say that is just as good as what you are stating. Teams with multiple all-stars is nothing new.

houstonfan
06-29-2013, 05:31 PM
Miami and Brooklyn are the only super teams...

ChitownBears22
06-29-2013, 05:34 PM
Miami and Brooklyn are the only super teams...

Brooklyn is a not a super-team. Hell Miami isn't either, they showed they have weaknesses. Just because you have a couple all-stars on your team doesn't mean you can't be beat. The NBA has always been like this.

ichitownclowni
06-29-2013, 05:48 PM
If the knicks get rondo and bulls get aldridge it will get super fun

OceanSpray
06-29-2013, 05:48 PM
Just goes to show how much more talent there is in the NBA now than ever. So many superteams because there are way too many good players.

ChitownBears22
06-29-2013, 05:52 PM
If the knicks get rondo and bulls get aldridge it will get super fun

How would Chicago get Aldridge? This doesn't make any sense.

krisxsong
06-29-2013, 05:55 PM
People act like there's been super teams before.

Hello?
Jordan's Bulls?
Magic's Lakers?
Isaiah Thomas' Pistons?
Bird's Celtics?
Kobe's Lakers?
Duncan's Spurs?

Superteams have always existed.

ChitownBears22
06-29-2013, 05:58 PM
People act like there's been super teams before.

Hello?
Jordan's Bulls?
Magic's Lakers?
Isaiah Thomas' Pistons?
Bird's Celtics?
Kobe's Lakers?
Duncan's Spurs?

Superteams have always existed.

No they are definitely new!

Source: I have been watching the NBA for 7 years

/s

ichitownclowni
06-29-2013, 06:33 PM
How would Chicago get Aldridge? This doesn't make any sense.

Have you read the rumors for the last week?

ChitownBears22
06-29-2013, 06:46 PM

Yeah I have read the trade idea. Neither team is discussing it. And every news source says it will not happen.

So yeah there is that.

abe_froman
06-29-2013, 06:48 PM

rumors arent reality,its something only to be mentioned if/when it happens

ChitownBears22
06-29-2013, 06:51 PM
rumors arent reality,its something only to be mentioned if/when it happens

Exactly. The Trail Blazers have come out and said they want a Center in return. The Bulls have stated they will not let Noah go. That is the only piece of the team worth a damn in a trade other than Rose. The Blazers have Aldridge under contract for 2 years, they will wait for the right offer to come.