PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Mavericks are engaging in trade talks with Celtics for Rondo (Knicks as well)

LTBaByyy
06-29-2013, 01:25 PM
http://mavericks.scout.com/a.z?s=268&p=2&c=1303803&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fmavericks.scout.com%2f2% 2f1303803.html

unleashthebeast
06-29-2013, 01:29 PM
I wonder if that's a credible source. And I wonder what they would have to offer. Is Beaubois still considered a top prospect?

nycericanguy
06-29-2013, 01:34 PM
I wonder if that's a credible source. And I wonder what they would have to offer. Is Beaubois still considered a top prospect?

lol no!

Cuban was obsessed with that kid, didn't want to trade him for anyone, now he might let him walk just for the cap space

LTBaByyy
06-29-2013, 01:34 PM
Shawn Marion Expiring 9 mil contract, Vince Carter expiring 3 mil contract, Shane Larkin OR D Collison, Ricky Ledo, Draft picks

Is my guess

The rumor was on Hoops Hype so it's credible

LTBaByyy
06-29-2013, 01:36 PM
Maybe do a Nets offseason

Trade for Rondo (Joe Johnson)

Sign Dwight Howard (D Will)

gatkins11
06-29-2013, 01:37 PM

Yes, it's credible. If the Celtics are having a firesale, Marion, Carter, and picks should do it.

Bruno
06-29-2013, 01:46 PM
common Boston take a Gasol package with picks, run your offense around Gasol for three months with him lookin like an all-star then ship him off at the deadline for more picks :)

LTBaByyy
06-29-2013, 01:47 PM
Rondo
Belinelli
Crowder
Dirk
Howard

Would be nice for me

ztilzer31
Can I start the chant.... OVERRATED CLAP* CLAP* CLAP* CLAP* CLAP*.

Seriously though hopefully the Mavs don't do it. Rondo is a selfish ball player.. Worried about his number of assists more than he's worried about figuring out how to make a jump shot...

ThuglifeJ
Why would Carter's 3$ million contract for one year matter? Considering Cuban made it pretty clear he's not for sale, and the Celtics would have no use for him. He's definitely the best 'moneyball' player out there. As in best player for his value.
Mavs best player last year with Dirk injured, don't see him going.

Id imagine something more logical for a rebuild. Like Crowder

Hawkeye15
06-29-2013, 01:48 PM
common Boston take a Gasol package with picks, run your offense around Gasol for three months with him lookin like an all-star then ship him off at the deadline for more picks :)

you really want Rondo on the Lakers?

Stunner
06-29-2013, 01:48 PM
Shawn Marion Expiring 9 mil contract, Vince Carter expiring 3 mil contract, Shane Larkin OR D Collison, Ricky Ledo, Draft picks

Is my guess

The rumor was on Hoops Hype so it's credible
That seems like a fair deal

Hawkeye15
06-29-2013, 01:49 PM

Seriously though hopefully the Mavs don't do it. Rondo is a selfish ball player.. Worried about his number of assists more than he's worried about figuring out how to make a jump shot...

I would ****ing puke and give up on the Wolves if they sent Rubio and fillers to Boston for Rondo.

edit: there was a Rubio mention in your post before it was edited

Stunner
06-29-2013, 01:51 PM
I always thought the Pacers should make a run at Rondo , maybe Granger , Hill and some draft picks would be a decent offer . Granger coming off the books in one year and Hill is a serviceable PG . But

Hill
Bradley
Green
Granger
Whoever

Would prob make the playoffs as an 8 seed .

Greg.
06-29-2013, 01:51 PM
The Thunder own the Mavs pick if it fall outside the top 20, right? So, the picks would have to be the next available picks, which at the earliest would come in 2016 because of the trading picks in back to back years. So, is there a way around already owing a pick?

celtNYpatsHeels
06-29-2013, 01:52 PM
Rondo for Marion, Carter, Ledo, and a 1st..... and you can just have Olynyk if you want him

Bruno
06-29-2013, 01:53 PM
you really want Rondo on the Lakers?

my pipe-dream off season includes shipping Gasol 20 million dollar expiring to Boston along with Steve Nash, Steve Blake or Jordan Hill and two first round draft picks for Rondo, Green and Bass. Boston gets two first round picks, a twenty million dollar expiring/the option to ship off Gasol at the deadline for more picks.

I'd then ship Howard, Metta, Clark and two more first round picks to the Clippers for Griffin, Jordan and Bledsoe (If Howard would accept a sign and trade). that would leave los angeles with this core:

Rondo/Bledsoe
Kobe/Meeks
Green
Griffin/Bass
Jordan/Hill.

team gets way younger, becomes formidable defensively. as a fan i want a major youth shake up while still keeping a competitive team around Kobe until he expires. all those pieces are really young. never gona happen but thats what i'd like to see happen :shrug:

i'm sure cuban lands major assets this summer though. i think dallas will be competitive again next season.

GMpunk
06-29-2013, 01:55 PM
Dallas dont got shyt 2 officer

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-29-2013, 01:55 PM
I'd think they could get a better offer than what the Mavericks would offer.

I always thought the Pacers should make a run at Rondo , maybe Granger , Hill and some draft picks would be a decent offer . Granger coming off the books in one year and Hill is a serviceable PG . But

Hill
Bradley
Green
Granger
Whoever

Why would the Celtics make a run for the playoffs lol?

Stunner
06-29-2013, 01:56 PM
Kings should do a Evans and Thompson for Rondo deal

Stunner
06-29-2013, 01:57 PM
I'd think they could get a better offer than what the Mavericks would offer.

Why would the Celtics make a run for the playoffs lol?
I said that they would prob make the playoffs with that team so they wouldn't do it

Knick_Fever
06-29-2013, 01:57 PM
Rondo
Belinelli
Crowder
Dirk
Howard

Would be nice for me

I like it.

Stunner
06-29-2013, 01:58 PM
Nobody wants the Lakers pieces ....

bagwell368
06-29-2013, 02:00 PM

No thanks, Celts want to win less than 15 games, trade Rondo for garbage and picks.

Stunner
06-29-2013, 02:07 PM
Trade Rondo for Lin lol

LTBaByyy
06-29-2013, 02:09 PM
People wanting the Celtics to get better offer, WHY???

They are rebuilding, they don't want to make the playoffs, especially next year elite draft class

Plus why would you want Rondo there with no major weapons around and tanking

He is a facilitator

Bruno
06-29-2013, 02:11 PM
No thanks, Celts want to win less than 15 games, trade Rondo for garbage and picks.

so play Gasol 12 minutes a night, let him expire or flip him at the deadline.

Bruno
06-29-2013, 02:14 PM
Rondo
Belinelli
Crowder
Dirk
Howard

Would be nice for me

Would Dallas have the cap space to sign Iggy if they also sign Howard? Iggy in the starting five you name is almost designed to beat Miami.

Max.This
06-29-2013, 02:16 PM
some of you guys are bloody idiots. No point guard in this league has stepped up for his team in the PLAYOFFS than Rajon Rondo. Overrated? Stat padder? I dont watch him in the regular season other than playing against the knicks, but in the playoffs this kid is money. He single handed put the celtics on his back during the playoffs against the heat a couple years back. He dropped 46 in game 7. Overrated? please name me a point guard who has stepped up more than this kid during the playoffs and dont give me that cp3 crap

gatkins11
06-29-2013, 02:16 PM
Would Dallas have the cap space to sign Iggy if they also sign Howard? Iggy in the starting five you name is almost designed to beat Miami.

Not unless Iggy wants to take a sizable pay-cut.

Stunner
06-29-2013, 02:19 PM
I Kind of want to see how Rondo performs without any weapons though

YoungOne
06-29-2013, 02:28 PM
I dont think the mavs got anything ainge wants

Stunner
06-29-2013, 02:32 PM
I dont think the mavs got anything ainge wants

Expirings , young players and picks ? They do

Especially what they got for KG and Paul which was really crap outside of 3 1st that could wind up to be nothing .

Nikeman
06-29-2013, 02:35 PM
Who does Dallas have to offer??

They have nobody close to Iman Shumpert. If the Knicks did offer Shump, that should be more than enough, as Rondo and Anthony would have plenty of shooters in Novak, Felton and JR. Smith (streaky).

Rondo is the PG Anthony needs to make his life easier, and Chandler would get plenty of lobs and easy lay ups with Rondo running the show.

Shump is a future beast, but i see Rondo fitting in much better.

If Amare ever gets healthy, him and Rondo pick and roll would be a sight to see.

Crackadalic
06-29-2013, 02:38 PM
If the mavs are trying to get Howard they need to get rondo

Green_Monster
Yes, it's credible. If the Celtics are having a firesale, Marion, Carter, and picks should do it.

No it shouldn't.

kobe4thewinbang
The imminent overhaul of the Celtics saddens me,
but Dirk & Rondo would be fun to watch together.
Dallas was best when run by an assist-happy PG (Kidd, Nash).
If they can land Rondo, no more developmental hell with D. Collison.
Get a defensive big man, some shooters and Dallas is back.

TrueFan420
06-29-2013, 02:39 PM
Why would Carter's 3$ million contract for one year matter? Considering Cuban made it pretty clear he's not for sale, and the Celtics would have no use for him. He's definitely the best 'moneyball' player out there. As in best player for his value.
Mavs best player last year with Dirk injured, don't see him going.

Id imagine something more logical for a rebuild. Like Crowder

Was he really? Didnt watch a lot of mavs games, if so good for him

seikou8
06-29-2013, 02:39 PM
im torn don't want shump to leave not because he is that great cause i grow to like him and dislike rondo
it would good for the mavs tho

Stunner
06-29-2013, 02:40 PM
Knicks fans really have Sump over Rondo that just mind boggles me . Ill move him in a second .

ManningToTyree
06-29-2013, 02:44 PM
It's because shumpert is a fan favorite. He is young exciting and has that ny swagger. Plus Knicks fans love defense. Ideally we would like to watch him blossom into a borderline all star that we think he can be.

With all that said I would move him for rondo in a second.

ztilzer31
06-29-2013, 02:46 PM
I would ****ing puke and give up on the Wolves if they sent Rubio and fillers to Boston for Rondo.

edit: there was a Rubio mention in your post before it was edited

Yeah there was lol. I thought it said Wolves and I about pissed my pants. Then I actually read the forum topic, and realized it was the Mavs...

I still don't like it though. I don't see Rondo working anywhere else than where he was. He's got an attitude problem, and he's a guard who can't shoot. Good defensive teams exploit Rondo every time he's on the floor.

I'll never forget that game where he broke the most consecutive assists streak though. He was trying to get that record, and the Celtics got smashed because of it. Was a very eye opening moment. Rondo is selfish IMO.

29$JerZ
06-29-2013, 02:46 PM
Knicks fans really have Sump over Rondo that just mind boggles me . Ill move him in a second .

Rondo > Shumpert but he has no role on this team.
Our PG needs to do what Rondo does + score the ball.

It would be dumb for NY to seriously trade for Rondo. Unless you can get him dirt cheap with guys like Novak/Camby (which will never happen) there isn't a point to get him. Knicks do need a good PG but one that can actually generate offense for himself.

nycericanguy
06-29-2013, 02:48 PM
NY - Rondo, Adams, Bass

OKC - Chandler

BOS - Shump, Lamb, Camby, Perkins

shep33
06-29-2013, 02:50 PM
NY - Rondo, Adams, Bass

OKC - Chandler

Congrats, you just made OKC NBA champions

ztilzer31
06-29-2013, 02:52 PM
NY - Rondo, Adams, Bass

OKC - Chandler

Did you do this on NBA 2k? This would never happen. This trade only makes sense for OKC.

Stunner
06-29-2013, 02:53 PM
Rondo can't score now ? He can't get to the basic when he wants to and his jump shot improved somewhat last season . And Rondo is your typical pure PG , he scores when needed . You already seen Rondo run the show with other all star players and when , why do you doubt he can do the same I'm NY with a better SF , and two pick and roll / Pop big men ? He would have a field day . Scoring from your PG is good but not when you have a guard like Rondo . You have doubts of trading Shump because me could be a future all star when you would be getting an all star and top 5 PG . Makes no sense not to trade for him if you wanna keep up with BK who have now passes the Knicks.

ewmania
06-29-2013, 02:53 PM
i would take rondo in a heartbeat ... he's not the best player in the PG position but he plays the PG position better than every NBA PG besides Chris Paul.

Melo + Rondo = contenders ... rondo has one of the Highest bball IQ's in the game and he knows how to get every one a look which is what our players like copeland, chandler, stat, jr need someone who can fire them looks. Melo can go back to doing what he does while rondo can play team captain

I'd hate losing shump because he's my favorite player on this team but I know this will make the knicks so much better

Green_Monster
06-29-2013, 02:55 PM
Yeah there was lol. I thought it said Wolves and I about pissed my pants. Then I actually read the forum topic, and realized it was the Mavs...

I still don't like it though. I don't see Rondo working anywhere else than where he was. He's got an attitude problem, and he's a guard who can't shoot. Good defensive teams exploit Rondo every time he's on the floor.

Lol, what?

I'll never forget that game where he broke the most consecutive assists streak though. He was trying to get that record, and the Celtics got smashed because of it. Was a very eye opening moment. Rondo is selfish IMO.

The Celtics got smashed because Rondo was getting assists? Wow, I can't believe Rondo lost a game by assisting people. He should stop doing that.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-29-2013, 02:59 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m
Mavs would love having Rajon Rondo to chase Dwight Howard, but Boston needs Dallas to take multiple contracts off its books, sources say.

Would either be Wallace's or Lee's contract I'd assume.

MagicBucsSox
Rondo
Belinelli
Crowder
Dirk
Howard

Would be nice for me
That team sucks Dwight aint signing on to that

ewmania
Lol, what?

The Celtics got smashed because Rondo was getting assists? Wow, I can't believe Rondo lost a game by assisting people. He should stop doing that.

LOL don't worry about. people will find anything to say why they hate a player

lol I mean jordan got bashed when he ball hoged in the finals against the Lakers

GiantsSwaGG
06-29-2013, 03:04 PM

That line up does suck lol

GiantsSwaGG
06-29-2013, 03:04 PM

That line up does suck lol

nycericanguy
06-29-2013, 03:10 PM
Here's another idea...

Stat & Shump

for Rondo, Wallace, & Lee.

BOS unloads Wallace & Lee who both have horrible deals that extending into 2016. Amare comes off 1 year sooner.

beasted86
06-29-2013, 03:12 PM
Doesn't make sense.

Even if you can trade Marion and picks for Rondo, and you get Howard. You still have an incomplete team with no cap space to re-sign Mayo (they don't have his Bird rights) nor get anyone else.

PG: Rondo $11.9M
SG: Vince $3.1M
SF:
PF: Dirk $22.7M
C:: Howard $20M

Assuming a $59M salary cap that doesn't leave squat to sign anyone once you factor in cap holds.

LTBaByyy
06-29-2013, 03:14 PM
Celtics want Dirk for Rondo

LMAO Im done.

gatkins11
06-29-2013, 03:15 PM
Doesn't make sense.

Even if you can trade Marion and picks for Rondo, and you get Howard. You still have an incomplete team with no cap space to re-sign Mayo (they don't have his Bird rights) nor get anyone else.

PG: Rondo $11.9M
SG: Vince $3.1M
SF:
PF: Dirk $22.7M
C:: Howard $20M

Assuming a $59M salary cap that doesn't leave squat to sign anyone once you factor in cap holds.

FWIW, I seriously doubt Mayo is coming back and many Mavs fans are okay with that.

Metsboi69
06-29-2013, 03:16 PM
Here's another idea...

Stat & Shump

for Rondo, Wallace, & Lee.

BOS unloads Wallace & Lee who both have horrible deals that extending into 2016. Amare comes off 1 year sooner.

Celtics would DEFINITELY do that. Question is would the Knicks really trade STAT? IMO.

NYKNYGNYY
06-29-2013, 03:16 PM
This would be a great move if he was proven healthy idk if I'd want to give up what they want , idk if we have what they want its obviously shumpert hardaway n prob a first rounder if thats it ill pass

beasted86
06-29-2013, 03:17 PM

They have nobody close to Iman Shumpert. If the Knicks did offer Shump, that should be more than enough, as Rondo and Anthony would have plenty of shooters in Novak, Felton and JR. Smith (streaky).

Rondo is the PG Anthony needs to make his life easier, and Chandler would get plenty of lobs and easy lay ups with Rondo running the show.

If Amare ever gets healthy, him and Rondo pick and roll would be a sight to see.
Please ignore the bulls-it bleacher report/twitter rumors!!

Shumpert makes $1.2M. Rondo makes $11.9M. The rumor doesn't make sense unless the Celtics want to take 2 more crappy contracts like Camby + Novak or Felton + Camby.

abe_froman
06-29-2013, 03:17 PM
i can see that,the c's are dismantling/tanking/rebuilding.def can see this getting done this summer

nycericanguy
06-29-2013, 03:20 PM
Please ignore the bulls-it bleacher report/twitter rumors!!

Shumpert makes $1.2M. Rondo makes $11.9M. The rumor doesn't make sense unless the Celtics want to take 2 more crappy contracts like Camby + Novak or Felton + Camby.

Flip the script, maybe NY can take BOS's crappy contracts.

Stat has a horrible contract, but only 2 years left. BOS has $17m tied up for 3 more years of Lee & Wallace.

If Ainge wants to be a player in the big 2015 FAgency, Stat helps them clear all their books. Then they also get a young stud in Shumpert.

Knicks would screw up their 2015 plan, but if you can put Rondo with Melo & Chandler, it's probably worth it.

If BOS REALLY wants to dump contracts Knicks could take back Bass too and send Camby's expiring.

IndyRealist
06-29-2013, 03:21 PM
Some people are setting up trades like Rondo makes $20M, he makes $12M. If the Celtics were looking to slash salary and just trade for expirings, they might as well move Rondo to a team with cap space and take NO salary back instead. Also they wouldn't be trading for 3yrs of Gerald Wallace. Trades need to make sense for both sides, not just your team.

Houston, Sacramento, Charlotte, Milwaukee, New Orleans, Atlanta, Detroit, and Dallas all need a starting PG and can trade for him outright without sending back salary. While it's unlikely Dallas would want to as they are conserving cap space, this is something I could see Milwaukee doing, as they are going to have real problems getting to the minimum salary without a big contract.

Heck, they could turn the Nets deal into a 3 team trade and move Rondo and Gerald Wallace to Miami for Chris Bosh and picks.

ThuglifeJ
06-29-2013, 03:22 PM
Was he really? Didnt watch a lot of mavs games, if so good for him

Yah lots of good articles out there about it.

RLundi
06-29-2013, 03:24 PM

LMAO Im done.

Besides the obvious, that's not realistic because Boston looks to be in full-tank mode. I'd imagine Ainge wants expiring contracts, young players and future draft picks. Nowitzki would make them better next year, which may put them out of top 5 pick range.

NYMetros
06-29-2013, 03:26 PM

LMAO Im done.

Boston definitely does not want Dirk. do you have a source for that?

NYKNYGNYY
06-29-2013, 03:28 PM
I'd do Felton hardaway n a first rounder i really wouldn't wanna lose shumpert but it might change my mind if it were on the table , if his knee was 100% I'd do it but non knicks fans don't understand the love we got for shumpert

NYKNYGNYY
06-29-2013, 03:32 PM
We are not getting rondo end of discussion

beasted86
06-29-2013, 03:32 PM
Flip the script, maybe NY can take BOS's crappy contracts.

Stat has a horrible contract, but only 2 years left. BOS has $17m tied up for 3 more years of Lee & Wallace.

If Ainge wants to be a player in the big 2015 FAgency, Stat helps them clear all their books. Then they also get a young stud in Shumpert.

Knicks would screw up their 2015 plan, but if you can put Rondo with Melo & Chandler, it's probably worth it.

Shumpert is not a "young stud". He's just a solid role player. Celtics would be better off shopping Rondo to a team that can give them draft picks.

NYKNYGNYY
06-29-2013, 03:34 PM
I'd do amare a first rounder maybe hardaway for humpheris rondo

ThuglifeJ
06-29-2013, 03:34 PM
I love the beginning of offseason.

nycericanguy
06-29-2013, 03:35 PM
Shumpert is not a "young stud". He's just a solid role player. Celtics would be better off shopping Rondo to a team that can give them draft picks.

No one that has seen Shump everyday believes he's "just a solid role player"...

Right now maybe, but he has great two way potential.

Funny everyone called Gallo & Chandler role players until they went to DEN.

Plus no other team is taking Wallace & Lee.

Lake_Show2416
06-29-2013, 03:35 PM
Mavs dont have anything to get Rondo

Metsboi69
06-29-2013, 03:36 PM

You know what I'll do Joe Johnson for Rondo, Wallace and three first rounders

NYMetros
06-29-2013, 03:38 PM

not sure if serious.

NYKNYGNYY
06-29-2013, 03:48 PM
We def need a pg tho how bout Felton a first rounder stat for humpheris and rondo im posting alot to see what y'all think

FraziersKnicks
06-29-2013, 03:50 PM
I think if the Knicks managed to work out a deal it would look something like this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=p9hvukc

Plus a 1st rounder from the Knicks.

Maybe swap Novak for Camby depending on what they want. Camby gives you earlier cap relief, but Novak actually has a bit of value. The Knicks take Lee's contract off the Celtics hands as well.

NYKNYGNYY
06-29-2013, 03:51 PM

not sure if serious.

Well amare and hump for expirings a first rounder to Boston n hardaway that dosnt sound to bad ... Also gotta realize rondo had a grousome injury

beasted86
06-29-2013, 03:51 PM
No one that has seen Shump everyday believes he's "just a solid role player"...

Right now maybe, but he has great two way potential.

Funny everyone called Gallo & Chandler role players until they went to DEN.

Plus no other team is taking Wallace & Lee.

After watching Chandler the past 2 years in the playoffs, I don't see how anyone can say he is anything BUT a role player. Gallo was a top 6 pick in a loaded draft. He better not be a role player or he was a bust of a pick.

Shumpert is a quality role player with great defense and developing offensive skills, but long term projection is he might not even be a career starter.

NYKNYGNYY
06-29-2013, 03:52 PM
It's gonna b a great off season i just hope we can unload amare

29$JerZ
06-29-2013, 03:55 PM

So you can assess whether someone will be a stud or role player based off 2 years of NBA service?

nycericanguy
06-29-2013, 03:58 PM
So you can assess whether someone will be a stud or role player based off 2 years of NBA service?

104 career games... 40 or so of which he was trying to regain his form after the ACL...

Much closer to a 1 year player than he is a 2 year player.

Super.
06-29-2013, 03:59 PM

Hill
Bradley
Green
Granger
Whoever

Hill and Granger is a decent deal IMO, especially with a pick

Hill, Bradley, Green, Granger, Sully is a small but decent lineup.

Super.
06-29-2013, 03:59 PM

Shumpert is a role player, and it's pretty obvious that he is. Take off your homer shades and see that

xxplayerxx23
06-29-2013, 04:00 PM
After watching Chandler the past 2 years in the playoffs, I don't see how anyone can say he is anything BUT a role player. Gallo was a top 6 pick in a loaded draft. He better not be a role player or he was a bust of a pick.

Shumpert is a quality role player with great defense and developing offensive skills, but long term projection is he might not even be a career starter.

Your so off. Shump is already a good defensive player. He has the tools to be a defensive player of the year type defense. He devolved a jumper and works hard every year. He is going to be a very solid player. He is quick and will continue to learn how to shoot. He will be a 2nd option on a championship contending team soon prob within 2-3 years.

Forty6and2
06-29-2013, 04:01 PM

A selfish ball player worried only about his assists....? Wouldn't that fit Dallas perfect if they land Dwight to go with Dirk. Some one who can get the ball to the open man...something he did very well for the C's under Doc.

Green_Monster
06-29-2013, 04:02 PM

We def need a pg tho how bout Felton a first rounder stat for humpheris and rondo im posting alot to see what y'all think

We think that you're being a homer.

NYK|NYY
06-29-2013, 04:03 PM
I thought this wasn't terrible all things considered : http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qyxay64 (Someone pointed out it cannot happen bc of trade restrictions between LA/BOS)

29$JerZ
06-29-2013, 04:03 PM
Shumpert is a role player, and it's pretty obvious that he is. Take off your homer shades and see that

I never called him a stud. I was asking a question.

xxplayerxx23
06-29-2013, 04:04 PM

This now answer my pm you ***** :D

Gators123
06-29-2013, 04:06 PM

Ah good times.

beasted86
Your so off. Shump is already a good defensive player. He has the tools to be a defensive player of the year type defense. He devolved a jumper and works hard every year. He is going to be a very solid player. He is quick and will continue to learn how to shoot. He will be a 2nd option on a championship contending team soon prob within 2-3 years.

I just don't see it at all. His jumper is streaky, his play making and decision making as a passer is shaky at best. Maybe he will gain it back, but I personally don't ever see him getting back to the 40 inch vertical type athleticism he showed in the combine.

So where does all this leave him. What category is he elite in other than defense that will make him a #2 option caliber player in the NBA? Because Tony Allen is an impeccable defender and he isn't close to being a #2. Even if he developed skills as good as Igoudala who has elte athleticism, is also a good defender, passer, and supportive scorer, even he is not close to a #2 option on a championship team. So I just don't see what you are seeing.

NYK|NYY

A role player? I have to disagree. I don't think he's destined to be a superstar or anything but the kid has the tools to be pretty freakin' solid if his jumper develops more.

Super.
06-29-2013, 04:10 PM
A role player? I have to disagree. I don't think he's destined to be a superstar or anything but the kid has the tools to be pretty freakin' solid if his jumper develops more.

He has the potential to be a good role player on a championship caliber team, but

still a role player.

xxplayerxx23
06-29-2013, 04:11 PM
I just don't see it at all. His jumper is streaky, his play making and decision making as a passer is shaky at best. Maybe he will gain it back, but I personally don't ever see him getting back to the 40 inch vertical type athleticism he showed in the combine.

So where does all this leave him. What category is he elite in other than defense that will make him a #2 option caliber player in the NBA? Because Tony Allen is an impeccable defender and he isn't close to being a #2. Even if he developed skills as good as Igoudala who has elte athleticism, is also a good defender, passer, and supportive scorer, even he is not close to a #2 option on a championship team. So I just don't see what you are seeing.

Yeah maybe a littler over done by me. But 3rd option is possible. He has all the tools he works his *** off is what makes me think he Will be a nice player. He has solid ball handling he is an alright passer and is athletic as hell! He just needs to be more aggressive. He needs to keep working on his shot but it keeps improving.. The difference between him and tony is he isn't a liability on offense. In the playoffs he was our 2nd best offensive player out there. I think he is ganna be a really nice player.

Green_Monster
06-29-2013, 04:13 PM
This now answer my pm you ***** :D

I forwarded it to my Co, and forgot to respond. I'll respond now. :)

xxplayerxx23
06-29-2013, 04:15 PM
I forwarded it to my Co, and forgot to respond. I'll respond now. :)

Thanks bud :) I'm coming home from
Work so it may take me a while to respond seeing as my phone has 22% left lol

Kashmir13579
06-29-2013, 04:15 PM

Maybe you missed the the playoffs. His vert is back.

Even so, saying he'll be a legit #2 option is going on a serious limb. Those seem unfair expectations for Shump.

FYL_McVeezy
06-29-2013, 04:20 PM
Rondo > Shumpert but he has no role on this team.
Our PG needs to do what Rondo does + score the ball.

It would be dumb for NY to seriously trade for Rondo. Unless you can get him dirt cheap with guys like Novak/Camby (which will never happen) there isn't a point to get him. Knicks do need a good PG but one that can actually generate offense for himself.

I disagree.....A pure PPG who can create his own shots if need be (CP3) would be great but we could also use the level of facilitator that Rondo is......

With the way we space the floor on offense...Rondo attacking the basket will create so many opprotunites for our shooters + Chandler....it might also maximize the potential for Stat +Melo whenever stat is healthy....

Say whatever you want about Rondo's shooting....The guy can score if need be...does EVERYTHING on the court (can score the ball, lockdown d, rebounds well for a guard).....a gutsy performer...and just the kind of floor general Melo needs to get him over the hump...

Alwaysballin247
06-29-2013, 04:22 PM
Knicks can offer way more then the mavs IMO

FriedTofuz
06-29-2013, 04:27 PM
neither the knicks or mavs have much to offer imo. what do the knicks have, one young player with lockdown defense is enough for rondo? yeah right. waht do the mavs have? some expirings? yeah right..
That's shouldnt cut it.

avengedchaos5
06-29-2013, 04:36 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ol8hn7c
just throwing out an idea i wouldnt mind this. maybe add some picks but center trade around walker for rondo

Alwaysballin247
06-29-2013, 04:57 PM
neither the knicks or mavs have much to offer imo. what do the knicks have, one young player with lockdown defense is enough for rondo? yeah right. waht do the mavs have? some expirings? yeah right..
That's shouldnt cut it.

Shumpert and hardaway and a first most Celtic fans would take.... I rather throw in wallace and bass for amare ... Trade his expiring next off season or wait it out for the huge FA class of 2015

Alwaysballin247
06-29-2013, 05:00 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ol8hn7c
just throwing out an idea i wouldnt mind this. maybe add some picks but center trade around walker for rondo

Too much but there first for rondo if it was unprotected I'd do it ... Ben Gordon to match money

Max.This
06-29-2013, 05:02 PM
Shumpert and hardaway and a first most Celtic fans would take.... I rather throw in wallace and bass for amare ... Trade his expiring next off season or wait it out for the huge FA class of 2015

I'd rather stay younger with shump/ tim jr then go for broke with rondo. I like rondo as a player, but I would like to see my team go for younger talent considering we've already tried the older approach

Nikeman
06-29-2013, 05:06 PM
Anybody think Houston attempts to make a play???

A package centered around Parsons?

Maybe I am being ridiculous, but Rondo/Harden/Howard?? Young and scary big 3, who fit better than Miami's.

Passer/Distributor in Rondo, Scorer/Playmaker in Harden, and Post-Player/Defense Anchor in Howard!

Parsons/Lin/Franciso Garcia for a Rondo/Jeff Green deal.

nycericanguy
06-29-2013, 05:08 PM

As a Knick fan, I would rather take back bad contracts.

What about Amare & Shump for Rondo, Wallace & Lee... heck even swap Camby's expiring for Bass if you want.

Would make the Celtics big players in the 2015 FAgency...

Stunner
06-29-2013, 05:11 PM
Houston could offer Lin and Thomas Robinson with a future 1st

eternal slumber
06-29-2013, 05:11 PM
seems like this trade ain't going forward, for now.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/06/mavericks-interested-in-trading-for-rajon-rondo.html

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/351053629660209153

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-29-2013, 05:14 PM
Serious question, where are the Knicks involved in a trade besides fan speculation? Has a major writer/source brought them up as a serious candidate?

Not trolling, just haven't seen a source yet.

knicks=love
06-29-2013, 05:15 PM

they'd be in the deal most likely.

nycericanguy
06-29-2013, 05:16 PM
they'd be in the deal most likely.

taking back Novak & Felton makes zero sense for BOS, those contracts run just as long as Wallace & Lee. Those are the two bad contracts BOS would want to shed. and a rebuilding team has no use for Novak or Felton.

Bill Simmons: FYI: Celts aren't moving Rondo unless they can dump multiple contracts in the trade. They want to fully bottom out while creating cap space.

knicks=love
06-29-2013, 05:19 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=oxpfqca

maybe?

Green_Monster
06-29-2013, 05:27 PM
Anybody think Houston attempts to make a play???

A package centered around Parsons?

Maybe I am being ridiculous, but Rondo/Harden/Howard?? Young and scary big 3, who fit better than Miami's.

Passer/Distributor in Rondo, Scorer/Playmaker in Harden, and Post-Player/Defense Anchor in Howard!

Parsons/Lin/Franciso Garcia for a Rondo/Jeff Green deal.

The Celtics wouldn't do that deal for Rondo, let alone Rondo and Green.

Parsons is an attractive piece. Lin has a bad contract, and Garcia is useless for the Celtics.

BigBlueCrew
Bill Simmons: FYI: Celts aren't moving Rondo unless they can dump multiple contracts in the trade. They want to fully bottom out while creating cap space.

why are we taking his opinion on anything celtic related?? can he be objective at all?

nycericanguy
why are we taking his opinion on anything celtic related?? can he be objective at all?

I mean it's kinda common sense though.

I think if NY has any chance at Rondo they have to take back Wallace & Lee.

Green_Monster
06-29-2013, 05:31 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=oxpfqca

maybe?

The only attractive piece in that trade is Shumpert. Felton and Novak have long, bad contracts. Camby is an expiring but doesn't add much value.

I honestly don't think the Knicks have enough for Rondo. If they trade away Shumpert+Hardaway+Picks, they don't have any young talent left. So it wouldn't be worth it for them.

Stunner
06-29-2013, 05:32 PM
Lin doesn't have a bad contract , He's offered 8 million a year for the next 3 . That's 3 mill less than rondo's

BBallfan8
06-29-2013, 05:33 PM
The only attractive piece in that trade is Shumpert. Felton and Novak have long, bad contracts. Camby is an expiring but doesn't add much value.

I honestly don't think the Knicks have enough for Rondo. If they trade away Shumpert+Hardaway+Picks, they don't have any young talent left. So it wouldn't be worth it for them.

I disagree on Felton having a bad contract, he only makes 3.5 mil a year. Camby as an expiring is exactly what the Celtics need. Still, the knicks may need to get a 3rd team involved to take on Felton and Novak potentially for another expiring contract, since the Celtics probably only want expirings.

Stunner
06-29-2013, 05:34 PM
Because technically he's right , If Boston is trading Rondo they want to get rid of either Lee or Wallace's deal along with while taking on a big contract on lesser years , a young talent and picks

knicks=love
06-29-2013, 05:34 PM

i don't think the knicks would trade away hardaway along with shumpert. i strongly believe he was drafted in case shumpert is traded or smith doesn't come back.

Stunner
06-29-2013, 05:35 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if The Bucks enter talks if the lose Jennings , they can take on some bad contracts .

BBallfan8
06-29-2013, 05:37 PM
Boston is clearly in tank mode, the know how good next year's draft is, so if all goes well they can get back pretty quickly. A top 3 pick next year, along with 3 first rounders from nj, brooks and potentially someone like Shumpert is a good way to start the rebuild.

Green_Monster
06-29-2013, 05:37 PM
Lin doesn't have a bad contract , He's offered 8 million a year for the next 3 . That's 3 mill less than rondo's

First off, he's not even close to the player Rondo is. So comparing their contracts isn't relevant. Either way, Lin has a bad contract.

Stunner
06-29-2013, 05:40 PM
First off, he's not even close to the player Rondo is. So comparing their contracts isn't relevant. The Rockets signed Lin to a "poison pill" contract.

13/14: $5,225,000
14/15: $14,898,938

No that poison pill would have went into effect if the Knicks matched the offer which they didn't so you're wrong

Alwaysballin247
06-29-2013, 05:41 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nbureqd

3 team trade lakers, Knicks and celtics... Celtics get lakers and Knicks first round picks in 2014 probably both in the mid 20s

Green_Monster
06-29-2013, 05:43 PM
I disagree on Felton having a bad contract, he only makes 3.5 mil a year. Camby as an expiring is exactly what the Celtics need. Still, the knicks may need to get a 3rd team involved to take on Felton and Novak potentially for another expiring contract, since the Celtics probably only want expirings.

Yeah, bad was the wrong word to use their. But, he makes over $12M the next three years if he accepts his player option in 15/16. Not exactly something the Celtics want for their rebuilding process.

The fact is, the Celtics won't trade Rondo for Shumpert and a few expiring contracts. If they unload Wallace and Bass/Lee in the trade, then it's a different situation.

i don't think the knicks would trade away hardaway along with shumpert. i strongly believe he was drafted in case shumpert is traded or smith doesn't come back.

Agreed, I don't see the Knicks trading Shumpert, Hardaway and picks for Rondo. It wouldn't make sense to trade away all of their young talent for one player. I think it would have to be a three team deal where the Knicks flip Felton and Camby/Novak to another team.

nycericanguy
06-29-2013, 05:46 PM
The fact is, the Celtics won't trade Rondo for Shumpert and a few expiring contracts. If they unload Wallace and Bass/Lee in the trade, then it's a different situation.

My trade...

Amare, Shump, Camby 2016 1st

Bass, Rondo, Lee, Wallace...

there u go... 3 bad contracts for 1 bad, but shorter contract... a 1st rounder, and a good young player.

Green_Monster
06-29-2013, 05:46 PM
No that poison pill would have went into effect if the Knicks matched the offer which they didn't so you're wrong

I stand corrected. But points stands, Lin does have a bad contract.

Lin doesn't have a bad contract.

Explain.

OceanSpray
06-29-2013, 05:48 PM
Boston Celtics are trying to tank for Andrew Wiggins?

knicks=love
06-29-2013, 05:52 PM
Agreed, I don't see the Knicks trading Shumpert, Hardaway and picks for Rondo. It wouldn't make sense to trade away all of their young talent for one player. I think it would have to be a three team deal where the Knicks flip Felton and Camby/Novak to another team.

i worked one out with the bobcats, but i don't see boston doing it.

raiderposting
06-29-2013, 06:06 PM

3 team trade lakers, Knicks and celtics... Celtics get lakers and Knicks first round picks in 2014 probably both in the mid 20s

Why would the lakers do that?

FYL_McVeezy
06-29-2013, 06:07 PM
Serious question, where are the Knicks involved in a trade besides fan speculation? Has a major writer/source brought them up as a serious candidate?

Not trolling, just haven't seen a source yet.

little rumors going around by some twitter personalities.....nothing credible from a beat writer, or from someone in the NBA media circle so far...

GiantsSwaGG
06-29-2013, 06:09 PM

:facepalm:

yungincome
06-29-2013, 06:38 PM

:laugh2:

xxplayerxx23
06-29-2013, 06:41 PM

:laugh: yeah Knicks wouldn't give up shump for Nash before the terrible year now they will+ lol

xxplayerxx23
06-29-2013, 06:43 PM
My trade...

Amare, Shump, Camby 2016 1st

Bass, Rondo, Lee, Wallace...

there u go... 3 bad contracts for 1 bad, but shorter contract... a 1st rounder, and a good young player.

That will be the year amare stays healthy and puts in 20-8 lol doubt the celtics do that

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-29-2013, 07:00 PM
little rumors going around by some twitter personalities.....nothing credible from a beat writer, or from someone in the NBA media circle so far...

Gotcha, appreciate the response.

knicks=love
06-29-2013, 07:00 PM

better yet, why the **** would the knicks do that?

mrblisterdundee
06-29-2013, 07:07 PM
Could this craziness of trading Rajon Rondo be related to Andrew Wiggins? It seems at least two teams - Boston and Philadelphia - are trading away their near futures to enter that sweepstakes, while others - Sacramento, Charlotte, Detroit, etc. - will already start the season contenders.

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-29-2013, 07:24 PM
Quick question, why would the Celtics be overly tempted to get Shump for Rondo if they already have a similar player in Avery Bradley? I mean I'd assume they'd be looking for a big expiring and a young up and comer so that they can stay young and clear a ton of cap space next year. The Mavs somewhat make sense with that (a few big expirings and picks), but The Knicks ultimately can't provide that.

JOSKOMANG4
06-29-2013, 07:31 PM
Looking over that trade, i think the lakers should look into acquiring amare! Amare and NASh back w/d Antoni system. Maybe involve Boston and Dallas somehow

- Knicks acquire d collison & p.gasol

Lineup: c-chandler pf-gasol sf-melo sg- hardaway pg-collison

- lakers acquire amare & s Marion

Lineup: amare, Marion, Clark, Kobe, Nash

- celtics acquire shump, s.larkin(v mavs) kelly(v lakers) and r ledo( b mavs), Ron artest

Lineup: olyndyk, hump,Artest, shump/a.brooks, Bradley

- mavs acquire rondo & Gerald Wallace

C-Jefferson(free agency) Pf- dirk sf-wallace sg-?? Pg- rondo

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-29-2013, 07:34 PM
Looking over that trade, i think the lakers should look into acquiring amare! Amare and NASh back w/d Antoni system. Maybe involve Boston and Dallas somehow

- Knicks acquire v.carter n p.gasol
- lakers acquire amare & s Marion
- celtics acquire shump & rookies Kelly & ledo
- mavs acquire rondo
This trade makes sense for nobody but the Mavs. The Knicks slightly benefit from getting rid of Amares contract but they also lose Shump for no reason other than to help the Mavs.

Joker117
06-29-2013, 07:34 PM
Quick question, why would the Celtics be overly tempted to get Shump for Rondo if they already have a similar player in Avery Bradley? I mean I'd assume they'd be looking for a big expiring and a young up and comer so that they can stay young and clear a ton of cap space next year. The Mavs somewhat make sense with that (a few big expirings and picks), but The Knicks ultimately can't provide that.

Shumps a better overall player with more potential .. But fair point ...

They could grab Stat and sit him for some games he's almost always hurt then if he does well trade him later for anything .. He'd make it seem like ok they're trying.. Dnt forget they have green and as u said Bradley .. They trade rondo for Stat and others (Felton ? And idk Novak whose a good shooter) ..they can be an EXCITING team that can't be reliable and will mostly lose but look good doing it..

Novak expires eventually or is moved , Felton can be traded to say the pacers who need a pg and he fits their style of bully ball ..

I think Shump and TC would still go somewhere and the things the Knicks would receive would go to the celtics if they want them (picks , 1yr guys) ..

But there may be Copeland , prigs and others ..

Just saying ..if I were the celtics I'd trade rondo to the Knicks if I thought he's gonna be an @$$ and over do it vs us every year thus making him a bad trade while the level headed Shump would shine ..

ThuglifeJ
06-29-2013, 07:35 PM
I hate when people throw out 4 team trades like they are ever going to happen the slightest

Joker117
06-29-2013, 07:37 PM
This trade makes sense for nobody but the Mavs. The Knicks slightly benefit from getting rid of Amares contract but they also lose Shump for no reason other than to help the Mavs.

Actually the Knicks do need a true PF .. We can lose Shump bc Timmy and don't NEED a pg ..just an upgrade lol Felton's solid but no rondo ..

We'd be rid of stat .. TC leaves soon , we have cap room finally but VC ? Idk and Paus getting old too we need youth lol

Joker117
06-29-2013, 07:41 PM
As a Knick fan, I would rather take back bad contracts.

What about Amare & Shump for Rondo, Wallace & Lee... heck even swap Camby's expiring for Bass if you want.

Would make the Celtics big players in the 2015 FAgency...

I'd be hesitant but Wallace his effort I'd enjoy seeing but would he fit with melo? Maybe better than stat lol

Stat for rondo is the nicest thing I ever saw until I heard Shump but if we can do this trade and be under the cap I think it favors us alot .. I figured we'd want Felton in the trade ?

Trade away Felton .. Bring prigs and rondo , lose Shump but have Wallace sort of replace him and get rid of stat even camby too whose produced more lately than stat .. Im not dung over this trade ..don't think it'll happen tho ..

3RDASYSTEM
06-29-2013, 07:57 PM
I Kind of want to see how Rondo performs without any weapons though

I can tell you for damn sure it wont be no AI or LEBRON type carrying a team with no weapons, not even close to it

most nba players cant do it, only the best of the best alltime can carry teams deep with little to no offensive help

sunsfan88
06-29-2013, 08:23 PM
Danny Ainge has denied trying to trade Rajon Rondo, and two league sources corroborated his stance by dismissing a report that the Celtics president discussed a deal that would send Rondo to Dallas.

"The Celtics haven't had any conversations with Dallas about Rondo," said one source. "That's ridiculous. There's no truth to it. What in the world does Dallas have to offer for Rondo?"

A second source refuted the report by pointing to the state of the Mavericks roster.

"They're trying to rebuild around a 37-year-old Dirk Nowitzki," he said. "They have a lot of old expiring contracts, and that's about it."

http://bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/celtics_insider/2013/06/source_report_of_csdallas_rondo_talks_ridiculous

LOL at the Mavs trying to rebuild around a 37 year old Dirk..yea we tried that with Nash...didn't work lol.

sunsfan88
06-29-2013, 08:24 PM
Danny Ainge has denied trying to trade Rajon Rondo, and two league sources corroborated his stance by dismissing a report that the Celtics president discussed a deal that would send Rondo to Dallas.

"The Celtics haven't had any conversations with Dallas about Rondo," said one source. "That's ridiculous. There's no truth to it. What in the world does Dallas have to offer for Rondo?"

A second source refuted the report by pointing to the state of the Mavericks roster.

"They're trying to rebuild around a 37-year-old Dirk Nowitzki," he said. "They have a lot of old expiring contracts, and that's about it."

http://bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/celtics_insider/2013/06/source_report_of_csdallas_rondo_talks_ridiculous

Mavs trying to rebuild around a 37 year old Dirk..yea we tried that with Nash...didn't work lol.

IversonIsKrazy
06-29-2013, 09:23 PM
I think Knicks should rly make a real run for him. A team with Melo can only win if they have a traditional PG such as Rondo.

Cracka2HI!
06-29-2013, 09:30 PM
I wonder if Boston will get rid of him just for the sake of getting worse. If not I can't see Dallas being an option. Maybe they'd like Shumpert from New York otherwise they don't have much either. Rondo is still a star in this league. They should be able to get a lot for him.

shep33
06-29-2013, 10:02 PM
Just think about this for a second fellas....

Jrue Holiday just got traded for the #6 pick this year + a #1 for next year that will be relatively high

Rondo has more value then expiring deals.

gatkins11
06-29-2013, 10:21 PM
Mavs trying to rebuild around a 37 year old Dirk..yea we tried that with Nash...didn't work lol.

Considering Dirk just turned 35 that source really did their homework.

east fb knicks
06-29-2013, 10:28 PM
first off rondo to dallas bs 2nd boston has no leverage I just read thru 10 pages and nobody has mention that rondo only has 2 years left remaining what team in their right mind would give up draft picks espeacially in next years draft for a rental also the knicks don't have to give up shump if we really want rondo why not just wait until he's a free agent if I were the knicks i'd tell boston to fk off and take amare and felton maybe a first for rondo Wallace and lee

Joker117
06-29-2013, 10:34 PM
first off rondo to dallas bs 2nd boston has no leverage I just read thru 10 pages and nobody has mention that rondo only has 2 years left remaining what team in their right mind would give up draft picks espeacially in next years draft for a rental also the knicks don't have to give up shump if we really want rondo why not just wait until he's a free agent if I were the knicks i'd tell boston to fk off and take amare and felton maybe a first for rondo Wallace and lee

Uhm... Ok .. Or rondo could go oh idk to another team in trade and resign there and never touch f/a ..lol

east fb knicks
06-29-2013, 10:56 PM
Uhm... Ok .. Or rondo could go oh idk to another team in trade and resign there and never touch f/a ..lol

love the sarcasm bro but yeah what magical team is he going to get traded to and stay genius it's kind of a big point because ...... IT MEANS BOSTON HAS ALMOST NO LEVERAGE :facepalm:

JOSKOMANG4
06-29-2013, 11:06 PM
In my proposed trade, Dallas would acquire rondo & take on the contract of Gerald Wallace.

If anyone hasnt seen it:

- Knicks acquire pg collison & Pf p. gasol. Knicks get a young pg to go with Felton and gasol, a true PF, as a second scorer w/melo.

- lakers acquire amare & Marion. With Nash & d'antoni in Los Angeles, they are bringing the band back together(circa 2005) for 1 more run at an nba title w/Kobe.

- celtics acquire Ron artest, iman shumpert, Shane Larkin, Ryan Kelly, and Ricky ledo. Mavs will also trade 2- future picks to celtics. Boston, IMO even after injury, could have gotten a kings ransom for rondo. Dallas has nothing valuable to trade but bc of cap space, the agree to take on gerald Wallace's contract. With humphries & artest contract expiring after 13-14 season, they will have a great young team with a plethora of cap space.

- mavericks acquire rAjon rondo & Gerald Wallace. Mavericks make this deal bc with a duo like dirk teaming w/rondo, they still have enough cap space to lure another free agent to dallas(al Jefferson, Andrew Bynum, tyreke evans$

xxplayerxx23
06-29-2013, 11:40 PM
In my proposed trade, Dallas would acquire rondo & take on the contract of Gerald Wallace.

If anyone hasnt seen it:

- Knicks acquire pg collison & Pf p. gasol. Knicks get a young pg to go with Felton and gasol, a true PF, as a second scorer w/melo.

- lakers acquire amare & Marion. With Nash & d'antoni in Los Angeles, they are bringing the band back together(circa 2005) for 1 more run at an nba title w/Kobe.

- celtics acquire Ron artest, iman shumpert, Shane Larkin, Ryan Kelly, and Ricky ledo. Mavs will also trade 2- future picks to celtics. Boston, IMO even after injury, could have gotten a kings ransom for rondo. Dallas has nothing valuable to trade but bc of cap space, the agree to take on gerald Wallace's contract. With humphries & artest contract expiring after 13-14 season, they will have a great young team with a plethora of cap space.

- mavericks acquire rAjon rondo & Gerald Wallace. Mavericks make this deal bc with a duo like dirk teaming w/rondo, they still have enough cap space to lure another free agent to dallas(al Jefferson, Andrew Bynum, tyreke evans$

Why the **** would we trade shumpert to get pau and collision. Common ****ingsense man

KingsOfQueens
06-30-2013, 12:34 AM
BEST case scenario (pipe dream also)

Amare + 2016 1st rounder + Tim Hardaway Jr. + Novak + Felton

For

Rondo + Lee + Wallace + Bass

Rondo/Prigioni
Shumpert/Smith/Lee
Anthony/Wallace/Copeland
Bass/Martin
Chandler/Camby

:drool:

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-30-2013, 01:07 AM
BEST case scenario (pipe dream also)

Amare + 2016 1st rounder + Tim Hardaway Jr. + Novak + Felton

For

Rondo + Lee + Wallace + Bass

Rondo/Prigioni
Shumpert/Smith/Lee
Anthony/Wallace/Copeland
Bass/Martin
Chandler/Camby

:drool:

This trade doesnt make much sense at all for the Celtics. They want a ton of cap space for next year or the year after, plus multiple picks, this trade doesnt provide that by any means.

All these mocked up trades are getting pretty stupid. Face it Knick fans, these deals dont make much sense at all for the Celtics. They all dont clear cap space, they dont give them valuable picks for the next few years, and they put them further in the hole.

If Jrue can get a 2014 1st and Noel, I'd assume Rondo could get at least a similar deal. (I dont care about the ACL surgery much at all, so please dont act like his value is so diminished).

sunsfan88
06-30-2013, 01:33 AM
Considering Dirk just turned 35 that source really did their homework.

Who cares 2 years he's still old.

sunsfan88
06-30-2013, 01:34 AM
This trade doesnt make much sense at all for the Celtics. They want a ton of cap space for next year or the year after, plus multiple picks, this trade doesnt provide that by any means.

All these mocked up trades are getting pretty stupid. Face it Knick fans, these deals dont make much sense at all for the Celtics. They all dont clear cap space, they dont give them valuable picks for the next few years, and they put them further in the hole.

If Jrue can get a 2014 1st and Noel, I'd assume Rondo could get at least a similar deal. (I dont care about the ACL surgery much at all, so please dont act like his value is so diminished).

That's why he said pipe dream.

Its like me posting a trade of Jared Dudley, Beasley and Gortat for LeBron. Its something that I can dream about while smoking a pipe but not gonna happen in real life.

Chrisclover
06-30-2013, 04:39 AM
stunning!you are imaginative

Maybe do a Nets offseason

Trade for Rondo (Joe Johnson)

Sign Dwight Howard (D Will)

Trueblue2
06-30-2013, 06:50 AM

Why wouldn't the lakers do that?

Reversed86Curse
06-30-2013, 08:35 AM

A player looking to pad assist numbers is the opposite of selfish. That's just an ignorant statement.

Joker117
06-30-2013, 12:01 PM
A player looking to pad assist numbers is the opposite of selfish. That's just an ignorant statement.

I know it sounds that way be reports had been that he will make sure he gets the assist , you're confusing passing with assist ..assist means I give you the ball in a set up where you score thus I get the assist ... Most pgs get the assists bc they can score and drive and read the d setting up guys eventually you'll "accidentally" if u will pile up assists without trying ..

Rondo aims for assists .. Ppl score all the time on passes that aren't assists ..you pass to melo he dribbles stutter steps shoots misses rebounds scores..guess what u don't get ...an assist ..

That's what everyone means by selfish but yes it sounds dumb to say a guy big n assists is selfish lol now we have heard it all ..centers who don't wanna rebound(or can't) pfs who can shoot like the best in the league in TE weirdest way lol , now a selfish small pg who doesn't score selfishly lol ..

Joker117
06-30-2013, 12:08 PM

Actually his value is diminished and teams will not care lol

But he's also been called selfish,locker room cancer , now the injury and the Ts/his attitude .. = lower value..

Knicks could give them Felton , take Wallace's cap hit , give them stat whose contract ends sooner .. Give them a young stud or Timmy (Shumo young stud) and whatever else we have like Ronnie brewers cap exception thing ? And Novak whose a 3 yr or 2 contract and can provide some value for his style of play (hitting 3s) can be exciting ..

Over all I just don't think so but hey who knows lol

Green_Monster
06-30-2013, 12:47 PM
Shumps a better overall player with more potential .. But fair point ...

You know this how?

They could grab Stat and sit him for some games he's almost always hurt then if he does well trade him later for anything .. He'd make it seem like ok they're trying.. Dnt forget they have green and as u said Bradley .. They trade rondo for Stat and others (Felton ? And idk Novak whose a good shooter) ..they can be an EXCITING team that can't be reliable and will mostly lose but look good doing it..

No.

Novak expires eventually or is moved , Felton can be traded to say the pacers who need a pg and he fits their style of bully ball ..

We're trying to get rid of bad contracts, not take them on.

Just saying ..if I were the celtics I'd trade rondo to the Knicks if I thought he's gonna be an @$$ and over do it vs us every year thus making him a bad trade while the level headed Shump would shine ..

Why is that?

Boston will tell NYK that they can continue being a 1st round exit.

love the sarcasm bro but yeah what magical team is he going to get traded to and stay genius it's kind of a big point because ...... IT MEANS BOSTON HAS ALMOST NO LEVERAGE :facepalm:

What? How does Boston have no leverage?

Actually his value is diminished and teams will not care lol

But he's also been called selfish,locker room cancer , now the injury and the Ts/his attitude .. = lower value..

Yet the Knicks still can't make a solid offer for him.

Knicks could give them Felton , take Wallace's cap hit , give them stat whose contract ends sooner .. Give them a young stud or Timmy (Shumo young stud) and whatever else we have like Ronnie brewers cap exception thing ? And Novak whose a 3 yr or 2 contract and can provide some value for his style of play (hitting 3s) can be exciting ..

Over all I just don't think so but hey who knows lol

Why would the Celtics make a trade like that? Plus, what young stud do the Knicks have?

Max.This
06-30-2013, 01:02 PM
You know this how?

No.

We're trying to get rid of bad contracts, not take them on.

Why is that?

Boston will tell NYK that they can continue being a 1st round exit.

What? How does Boston have no leverage?

Yet the Knicks still can't make a solid offer for him.

Why would the Celtics make a trade like that? Plus, what young stud do the Knicks have?

Lol, you seem almost impossible to have a convo with. I like rondo as a player and would like to get him, but the dude is a serious d bag in the locker room. Ray allen is potentially one of the quietest players next to kawhi leonard and he managed to get him p'ed off. The knicks cant make a solid offer because all Boston wants to do is unload contracts and knicks have no cap flexibility

I Rock Shaqs
06-30-2013, 01:06 PM
Lol, you seem almost impossible to have a convo with. I like rondo as a player and would like to get him, but the dude is a serious d bag in the locker room. Ray allen is potentially one of the quietest players next to kawhi leonard and he managed to get him p'ed off. The knicks cant make a solid offer because all Boston wants to do is unload contracts and knicks have no cap flexibility

Why? Because he disagrees with every single person in the whole thread? Psshhhh, you're WRONG!! lolol.

Green_Monster
06-30-2013, 01:24 PM

I'm impossible to convo with because I don't think Rondo for Amare and Felton is a good deal? Or because I don't think Shumpert is a stud and is the next MJ? Silly me!

Why? Because he disagrees with every single person in the whole thread? Psshhhh, you're WRONG!! lolol.

If by every single person you mean the people who are making ridiculous trade offers, than yes.

VendettaRed07
06-30-2013, 01:47 PM
Everyone here is crazy. We need to give up a lot for Rondo, they aren't going to just give us him as a favor.. but hed clearly be worth it. lm l the only one who watched last years playoffs? The offense was completely dead. No one could drive or dish, or create shots for others. Only one who came close to do anything resembling running an offense was prigs.

Rondo's vision and passing is unmatched. He'd get amazing looks for Melo. When he played his best basketball last year, it was because there was a lot of ball movement and Melo was taking jumpers. Barely shot in the paint.

Rondo can give that to melo every game. And hed give better shots to our other less offensively gifted players and make their jobs easier.

Best case would be to get a team in need of a C to trade for chandler then send what we get to the celtics. Maybe the clippers or warriors would be interested.

redsoxknicks
06-30-2013, 01:53 PM
[QUOTE=Green_Monster;26555054]I'm impossible to convo with because I don't think Rondo for Amare and Felton is a good deal? Or because I don't think Shumpert is a stud and is the next MJ? Silly me!

What an over-reaction. If you aren't going to debate reasonably, you are going to be called for it.

NO ONE suggested Shump as the greatest of all time. What they are correctly saying is that Shump is a solid, athletic player with possibly 3rd option scoring potential and already a plus defender.

He isn't there yet, but he hasn't even played 2 seasons. The potential and work ethic is written all over him. What we saw when he was given some opportunity in the playoffs was encouraging.

I think most would consider including Shump in a Rondo deal as a fair starting point, but it would take a lot more than that, which we likely don't have. People are just throwing out ideas precisely because we don't have much to offer.

And remember, Knicks fans love Shumpert and have watched him develop. Just as any other fan base would love their young athletic draft pick.

east fb knicks
06-30-2013, 01:55 PM
one main thing to bring up here is dallas has no shot at rondo if d12 doesn't go to dallas yeah they can still trade for him but why would he stay there if no d12 and I think d12 is going to Houston even if dallas got rondo Houston is still the better fit now that leaves the knicks why would we give up anything of value or take on bad contracts when we could just wait until 2015 to sign him the longer boston holds on to rondo the more his trade value will decline so if the mavs strike out which they probably will all the knicks have to do is wait until boston gets desperate and we get rondo for scraps grunwald is a genius

Greet
06-30-2013, 02:01 PM
one main thing to bring up here is dallas has no shot at rondo if d12 doesn't go to dallas yeah they can still trade for him but why would he stay there if no d12 and I think d12 is going to Houston even if dallas got rondo Houston is still the better fit now that leaves the knicks why would we give up anything of value or take on bad contracts when we could just wait until 2015 to sign him the longer boston holds on to rondo the more his trade value will decline so if the mavs strike out which they probably will all the knicks have to do is wait until boston gets desperate and we get rondo for scraps grunwald is a genius

For one, Boston is rebuilding so they aren't going to get "desperate" to trade Rondo this year. Secondly, the reason you don't wait until 2015 is because the Knicks championship window is closing. Melo, Tyson etc aren't going to be the same players they are now in 2015....and that Rondo isn't guaranteed to go to the Knicks anyways if he hits the open market.

east fb knicks
06-30-2013, 02:15 PM
For one, Boston is rebuilding so they aren't going to get "desperate" to trade Rondo this year. Secondly, the reason you don't wait until 2015 is because the Knicks championship window is closing. Melo, Tyson etc aren't going to be the same players they are now in 2015....and that Rondo isn't guaranteed to go to the Knicks anyways if he hits the open market.

bro we don't have a championship team so we don't have a window and why won't melo be just as good in two years melo doesn't rely on his athleticism and this might sound crazy but melo isn't fully in his prime yet he's one of those players that will get better as he gets older chandler i'll give you but kg is way older and he's still an allstar but in case he does suck we will have money to replace him in 2015 and still get a max and keep our core no dumass trades needed to mess it up I don't think people get it if all cards go right we aren't building a contender by 2015 we will have built our first knicks dynasty im so hyped for 2015 I wish I had a time machine lmao

east fb knicks
06-30-2013, 02:20 PM
http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/06/29/4972752/mavericks-talk-rondo-with-celtics.html
this is what im saying dallas only wants rondo if they land d12 which they probably won't so then that leaves the knicks ther to snatch up rondo for scraps

Greet
06-30-2013, 02:23 PM
bro we don't have a championship team so we don't have a window and why won't melo be just as good in two years melo doesn't rely on his athleticism and this might sound crazy but melo isn't fully in his prime yet he's one of those players that will get better as he gets older chandler i'll give you but kg is way older and he's still an allstar but in case he does suck we will have money to replace him in 2015 and still get a max and keep our core no dumass trades needed to mess it up I don't think people get it if all cards go right we aren't building a contender by 2015 we will have built our first knicks dynasty im so hyped for 2015 I wish I had a time machine lmao

Am I getting trolled right now?

Green_Monster
06-30-2013, 02:23 PM
What an over-reaction. If you aren't going to debate reasonably, you are going to be called for it.

How did I over react? That deal was suggested and people are saying Shumpert is a future all star.

NO ONE suggested Shump as the greatest of all time. What they are correctly saying is that Shump is a solid, athletic player with possibly 3rd option scoring potential and already a plus defender.

No, they're not saying that. Read through the thread. :laugh2:

He isn't there yet, but he hasn't even played 2 seasons. The potential and work ethic is written all over him. What we saw when he was given some opportunity in the playoffs was encouraging.

Obviously he's not there yet. Most young players have potential and work ethic. Shumpert is a good young player, and I would love to have him on the Celtics. But he's getting severely overrated in this thread.

I think most would consider including Shump in a Rondo deal as a fair starting point, but it would take a lot more than that, which we likely don't have. People are just throwing out ideas precisely because we don't have much to offer.

Exactly, that's what I was getting at. But no, some people wouldn't even trade Shumpert for Rondo straight up.

And remember, Knicks fans love Shumpert and have watched him develop. Just as any other fan base would love their young athletic draft pick.

I agree.

Green_Monster
06-30-2013, 02:26 PM
http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/06/29/4972752/mavericks-talk-rondo-with-celtics.html
this is what im saying dallas only wants rondo if they land d12 which they probably won't so then that leaves the knicks ther to snatch up rondo for scraps

Or, the Celtics can hold onto Rondo and let his value build up. Then they can trade him mid season.

The fact that you think the Celtics will trade Rondo for scraps is astonishing.

east fb knicks
06-30-2013, 02:50 PM
Or, the Celtics can hold onto Rondo and let his value build up. Then they can trade him mid season.

how can a players value build up if he's expiring the following season :facepalm: lmao look at what the magic got for d12 LeBron and the cavs bosh etc the Celtics fkd up big time they should have moved rondo two years ago look at what the pelicans just gave up to get holiday a lot you know why because jrue just signed that ext the longer the celts hold on to rondo the more his value goes down and I also said IF the mavs don't get d12 then the knicks will get him I mean something like felton novak and camby maybe throw in the player we just drafted and take one bad contract back like bass or lee

xxplayerxx23
06-30-2013, 02:56 PM

Well. When is he due back from the injury? And Also wouldn't you want to get as many losses as you can to try and grab wiggins or Parker? Also I agree they won't trade him for scraps

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-30-2013, 02:56 PM
how can a players value build up if he's expiring the following season :facepalm: lmao look at what the magic got for d12 LeBron and the cavs bosh etc the Celtics fkd up big time they should have moved rondo two years ago look at what the pelicans just gave up to get holiday a lot you know why because jrue just signed that ext the longer the celts hold on to rondo the more his value goes down and I also said IF the mavs don't get d12 then the knicks will get him I mean something like felton novak and camby maybe throw in the player we just drafted and take one bad contract back like bass or lee

Rondo isn't an expiring....his deal ends in 2015, not 14

And your trade proposals are idiotic to say the least, are you just getting into the NBA? You're trying to get Rondo, who is one of the best PGs in the league for players like Camby and Novak who barely played last year. I guess I should hope to trade for Lebron for a package of Reggie Evans and Tyshawn Taylor?

Green_Monster
06-30-2013, 03:13 PM

Really? I'm not going to waste my time responding to this. Read JOhnnyThaJet's post.

Well. When is he due back from the injury? And Also wouldn't you want to get as many losses as you can to try and grab wiggins or Parker? Also I agree they won't trade him for scraps

I'm not sure. But I think it's before mid season. If we trade him now, we won't get as much value as we would at the deadline. There's always a chance he won't be the same coming back from his injury, so teams are hesitant to offer a great deal. We'll probably try to tank hard. Rondo might only play for a month and then get shipped off once he's fully healed.

Knick_Fever
06-30-2013, 03:27 PM
Really? I'm not going to waste my time responding to this. Read JOhnnyThaJet's post.

I'm not sure. But I think it's before mid season. If we trade him now, we won't get as much value as we would at the deadline. There's always a chance he won't be the same coming back from his injury, so teams are hesitant to offer a great deal. We'll probably try to tank hard. Rondo might only play for a month and then get shipped off once he's fully healed.

I agree, that is the better plan for the celts. I dont think they wait until the mid-season, they want to begin their rebuild w/out Rondo. But like you said, they'll take their time this offseason, and have a trade in place by training camp. And they WILL get quality assets in return, unlike what someone ridiculously stated earlier on here about scarps, thats hysterical. They'll get at least 2 1st round picks and quality young talent (2 players) in return, as they should.

xxplayerxx23
06-30-2013, 03:37 PM

Very true. He's not enough to win a lot of games.
Rondo
Lee
Green
Hump
Sully?
That team might not win 30 games and after rondo leave it might not win any lol

Max.This
06-30-2013, 04:01 PM
I agree, that is the better plan for the celts. I dont think they wait until the mid-season, they want to begin their rebuild w/out Rondo. But like you said, they'll take their time this offseason, and have a trade in place by training camp. And they WILL get quality assets in return, unlike what someone ridiculously stated earlier on here about scarps, thats hysterical. They'll get at least 2 1st round picks and quality young talent (2 players) in return, as they should.

I dont think teams are hesitant about trading for rondo due to their injury. Their just testing to see if ainge has really gone mad and hopefully steal a good player from them. I think Camby's contract is a team option after this year (?)so it wouldnt be too bad. I think the Knicks can actually take back more money in contracts so maybe it wouldnt be about getting the right value, but we can absorb some more contracts and pay a higher tax

Max.This
06-30-2013, 04:04 PM
Rondo isn't an expiring....his deal ends in 2015, not 14

And your trade proposals are idiotic to say the least, are you just getting into the NBA? You're trying to get Rondo, who is one of the best PGs in the league for players like Camby and Novak who barely played last year. I guess I should hope to trade for Lebron for a package of Reggie Evans and Tyshawn Taylor?

There have been plenty of trades where one team has killed the other. Novak doesnt have a huge contract and i think camby has a team option after next year. If Celtics really want to start fresh and lose as many games, maybe trading rondo isnt that far fetched of an idea. Hes my favorite point guard in the league, but the guy is tough to deal with in the locker room. Its been said he and doc would butt heads a lot, not to mention the ray allen ordeal. To bring in a lottery pick next year that could potentially be top 5 who knows the personality clashes

D-Leethal
06-30-2013, 05:28 PM
Am I getting trolled right now?

Knicks positioned themselves for another shopping spree in 2015. Pretty much every contract expires by then and we will hopefully extend Melo and have a ton of money to add proper pieces around him. Amare has handcuffed this 3 year 'window' and the Knicks know that. Our real shot at building a contender will be in 2015.

And I also believe Melo's best years are ahead of him. His game doesn't rely on athleticism, and guys like that who can shoot and play in the mid range have very long careers deep into their 30s.

I believe that in 2015, Melo will be every bit as good as he is now, and we can add a max player to finally get him the sidekick he needs or we can add multiple guys who are near-all star type talents. Grunwald positioned all of our major deals expire at the same time for a reason.

D-Leethal
06-30-2013, 05:29 PM
I also think it would make sense for Boston to add a proven young guy to the rebuild like Shump. You don't want to only stockpile on late picks, you need some proven talent too. Nets gave them all the picks they need.

NYKNYGNYY
06-30-2013, 08:09 PM

I accept that not mad i just figured a first rounder Felton hardaway n amare to expire would be more then enough for someone coming off a devistating injury

Green_Monster
06-30-2013, 08:31 PM
I accept that not mad i just figured a first rounder Felton hardaway n amare to expire would be more then enough for someone coming off a devistating injury

That's a different trade than you posted last time. The first rounder will probably be late, and Hardaway was the #24 pick in a bad draft. Plus the Celtics take on 2 contracts that they don't want. That's not a good deal for the Celtics.

BoSox47
06-30-2013, 08:47 PM
darren collisons option not picked up by mavs

east fb knicks
06-30-2013, 08:49 PM
lmao forget rondo we just got bargs for nothing we good

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-30-2013, 08:50 PM
lmao forget rondo we just got bargs for nothing we good

I feel like you're trolling

D-Leethal
06-30-2013, 09:20 PM
Shump, Amare, future 1st for Wallace and Rondo? Boston wants to tank hard, they do just that and save a boatload of money in 2015 + get a nice young prospect. Wallace's deal is nearly as bad as Amare's at this point.

NYKNYGNYY
07-01-2013, 12:07 AM
That's a different trade than you posted last time. The first rounder will probably be late, and Hardaway was the #24 pick in a bad draft. Plus the Celtics take on 2 contracts that they don't want. That's not a good deal for the Celtics.

I was posting several ideas ... What's the problem?

east fb knicks
07-01-2013, 12:18 AM
I feel like you're trolling

lmao I can't be happy my team got bargs nets fans :facepalm:

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-01-2013, 05:44 AM
lmao I can't be happy my team got bargs nets fans :facepalm:

I mean you can...I just think you dont realize who youre actually getting.

Plus, the statement "We dont need Rondo, we've got Bargs now" has probably been said once ever by another human being (you), and thats for a reason.

bagwell368
07-01-2013, 06:22 AM

Not hardly. DA shouldn't be looking for fair value in players. He should be looking for big value in picks, and take expiring type deal for stiffs back.

Also, the notion Rondo will be worth more at the deadline is not a cinch. What if he doesn't come back well? What about teams that want the guy in camp forward for the good of the team?

Also a 3 way deal may make the most sense. If the Knicks want him, that's great but their '14 pick isn't going to be a lottery pick. Get me a sure fire lottery pick for '14, and two more #1 picks in '15-'16, and I'll dump Rondo, and guys like Bass and Lee and take back the biggest garbage to make it work as long as it's say an expiring and a 2 year deal of two pieces of crap (preferably oft injured).

Besides getting rid of Rondo in many ways is addition by subtraction. He's had two coaches since he was a college Freshman and they both labeled him uncoachable. DA said the same thing. He's an immature and erratic player/person. He chased Ray Allen, came to blows with team announcer Cedric Maxwell, and was largely responsible for Doc taking a hike. I think the Knicks would make him implode worse than any other team he could go to outside of LAL. I pray it happens.

bagwell368
07-01-2013, 06:26 AM

Not so. The opposite of selfish is not a stat obsessed player that doesn't and won't get up for every game, starts fights, gets thrown out of playoff games, breaks team video equipment in a tantrum.

Passing up bunnies to stack up assist totals is a lot of things but he's not a saintly unselfish player that's for damn sure.

bagwell368
07-01-2013, 06:35 AM

Boston gives the team getting him a 48 hour window to work out an extension for him. The CBA being what it is, there isn't a lot of wiggle room, and Rondo's career in terms of peak value should all happen inside of 5 years which isn't much of an extension.

Teams have given huge deals up for an expiring in season before. Winning a title because of a player when you wouldn't otherwise is worth a huge amount. Id' say with the Nets having improved and Miami and Indy lurking that the Knicks can help take over the back page of the paper with a move for Rondo as well.