PDA

View Full Version : Whos got next after Lebron?

kgformvp21
06-29-2013, 01:44 AM
Ive gone many seasons into my Nba2k12 seasons now and Lebron James is old, which got me to thinking....Who will be take over the Nba after Lebron James????
James Harden, KD for a lil bit, D Rose, Kyrie Erving??

G-Menn!
06-29-2013, 01:47 AM
kd SHOULD take over lebron once lebron is about 31+, and who knows maybe earlier.
but to answer your question NONE OF the players youve mentioned save kd can challenge for top 2 in the nba imo

harsh but true.

DreamShaker
06-29-2013, 02:09 AM
Probably one of the Plumlee or Zeller brothers. They are starting to take over. Just by shear numbers.

Dade County
06-29-2013, 02:17 AM
Probably one of the Plumlee or Zeller brothers. They are starting to take over. Just by shear numbers.

lol

some jr high kid

Ebbs
06-29-2013, 02:19 AM
Wiggins. Hopefully

YouCan'tBeatLA
06-29-2013, 02:59 AM
Wiggins...

ztilzer31
06-29-2013, 03:25 AM
I think there will be a lapse in time where people fight for it. Whether it's 2 people or 5 is yet to be seen, but these players that are completely ahead of the entire competition are rare. In basketball we've been lucky to see 2 in the last few decades.

I honestly think there'll be another 10-20 years till another player comes out to be ahead of the competition in the NBA like Lebron.

LegendsNvrDie23
06-29-2013, 03:45 AM
Rose, Durant, and a few of these young bucks.

amos1er
06-29-2013, 04:02 AM
KD most likely.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
06-29-2013, 04:02 AM
Durant, Wiggins, Rose, Curry, Kyrie, etc

sunsfan88
06-29-2013, 04:05 AM
Lol Harden won't ever take over the NBA. Just like Melo won't.

You can't be one way player and take over the NBA. Harden and Melo are both all offense with very little defense. Though 'Melo is finally starting to give a damn about D after Woodson lit a fire under his butt.

As to your question, it has to be Durant.

Chrisclover
06-29-2013, 08:57 AM
there is no Wiggins in 2k12.lol.OP is playing it

Wiggins. Hopefully

NBA-GMaster
06-29-2013, 09:05 AM
Irving and WIGGINS!!

superwill
06-29-2013, 09:42 AM
Rudyyyyyyyyyyyy Gayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!! I know that will never happen dude as all the game in the world just never realized his potential he should be top 10 player in the nba. I'm going to pick a dark horse and say Demarcus Cousins if he gets right he has the skills of any big man in the nba

BALLER R
06-29-2013, 09:44 AM
That's actually a good question. Remember there was a time period when People really debated who was the best player in the league Lebron or Kobe (Please let's not get into that right now). But my point is there will be a time when Lebron vs ?? will be discussed like crazy on here. That unknown player might not even be in the league yet.

Bruins2012
06-29-2013, 09:49 AM
Andrew Wiggins :worthy:

DetroitBadBoy
06-29-2013, 10:32 AM
I hope the talent balances out and there's more than 1 player standing high above all. Unless you have LeBron NOW, what chance does any other team really have?

knicksfan1969
06-29-2013, 10:35 AM
I hope the talent balances out and there's more than 1 player standing high above all. Unless you have LeBron NOW, what chance does any other team really have?

Did you watch the NBA Finals. Only a Game 6 miracle prevented LeBron being 1-3 in NBA Finals.

Just nonsense.

knicksfan1969
06-29-2013, 10:38 AM

Did you watch the NBA Finals. Only a Game 6 miracle prevented LeBron being 1-3 in NBA Finals.

Just nonsense.

Harry Giles, NBA Draft 2017.

mngopher35
06-29-2013, 11:01 AM
I don't think there will be a single player thought of as the best year in year out. It isn't extremely common for someone to just dominate as the best player in the league for like a 5 year span. The one player playing who I think has a chance is KD, and Wiggins has the hype as well.

Jarvo
06-29-2013, 01:21 PM
Wade's son Zaire

beliges
06-29-2013, 01:25 PM
LBJ should have a stranglehold on the league for the next 5 years or so. He just started winning his titles and should have to get another couple before he joins the best of the best. But someone will come to take over the league as soon as LBJ gets a bit older. The cycle will continue and the older veterans will get taken over by the young superstars.

ModernDaySavage
06-29-2013, 01:52 PM
That's actually a good question. Remember there was a time period when People really debated who was the best player in the league Lebron or Kobe (Please let's not get into that right now). But my point is there will be a time when Lebron vs ?? will be discussed like crazy on here. That unknown player might not even be in the league yet.

Hasn't it been LeBron vs Durant for a while now? Durant is going to dominate the league when LeBron declines/retires or whatever.

tredigs
06-29-2013, 01:56 PM
Don't forget that KD's still getting better. He got more efficient offensively, better defensively and took on a much more impressive playmaking role this year - culminating in 31/9/6.3 when Westbrook went down in the playoffs. I think he's about to have a monster season, and would not be shocked to see the two on equal footing within the next 1-2 years.

ThuglifeJ
06-29-2013, 02:00 PM
well I dont think any superb talent has come in the league in the past 6 years or so. Which kinda scares me.

Id say Curry can be a face but not the face of the league. I dont think Durant will get much better since he wants to remain a skeleton.

I mean we've been saying the league has gone downhill since Jordan retired and hell we had Shaq, Kobe, Iverson, Lebron, Yao, Carter, Wade, Tmac, Allen, KG, Duncan, Dirk, Nash, Melo, Stoudemire,Pierce, Wallace, Houston/Sprewell, Francis, etc etc. Plenty of that load of talent who came in after Jordan are all pretty much still around and playing at a high level. That just shows how little of good talent has actually come in.

When all those guys were coming in it was bye bye to any vet trying to stick around. Nowadays you have a ton of Vets even outplaying the young guys. I just don't remember seeing that with the 90s guys..

Crackadalic
06-29-2013, 02:06 PM
Wiggins. He's the best prospect I've seen since Lebron James in all honesty. Can't wait for him to play in the nba

UPRock
06-29-2013, 02:14 PM
Jeremy Lin.

OceanSpray
06-29-2013, 05:45 PM
I mean, it's easily KD at this point. I also have James Harden there as well.

Showtime Steve
06-29-2013, 05:53 PM
My son Noah! 1 1/2 years old and he is on a jr. High team!

Paul George can if he wants it. It's hard to say because he is so far ahead of the rest.

goingfor28
06-29-2013, 06:18 PM
andrew wiggins

SLS80
06-29-2013, 06:26 PM
Wiggins

c.c.
06-29-2013, 06:58 PM
I can't believe you guys are choosing an prospect who's proven nothing in the NBA over James Harden, a guy who averaged 26 points last season.

ThuglifeJ
06-29-2013, 06:59 PM
I can't believe you guys are choosing an prospect who's proven nothing in the NBA over James Harden, a guy who averaged 26 points last season.

hahaha. Seriously is everyone this biased towards their team? Harden has no chance of becoming the face of the NBA....

ChitownBears22
06-29-2013, 07:08 PM
Kentavious Caldwell Pope

My favorite player from this draft and I think he went under the radar.

JK- not the next LBJ but I think he has a very high ceiling.

I don't think there is a next face of the NBA in the league right now. KD would be the next, but LBJ is only 29, he will dominate the league for the next 5-8 years, by that time KD will be 30-33 and there won't be enough time to make marketing him worth it.

Hawkeye15
06-29-2013, 07:11 PM
Durant's only problem is James is probably the best in the game another 3-4 years, putting KD at age 28. That will give him 3 years or so to make his stamp as the best in the league, something James will have done for nearly 8-9 years.

Wiggins is a decent choice, but we need to see if the hype is for real. The talent is for sure, lets see if he lives up to it.

Hawkeye15
06-29-2013, 07:12 PM

he has SO much to do on the other end of the floor to even be mentioned though.

c.c.
06-29-2013, 07:13 PM
hahaha. Seriously is everyone this biased towards their team? Harden has no chance of becoming the face of the NBA....

I never said he would be but I wouldn't rank Wiggins ahead of him or any college nor high school player. So you mean to tell me, you rather have Wiggins (unproven on NBA level) than Harden?

c.c.
06-29-2013, 07:14 PM
he has SO much to do on the other end of the floor to even be mentioned though.

So much less than Wiggins though

ChitownBears22
06-29-2013, 07:15 PM
Another problem I have with KD being the successor(sp) is he is not a two way player. He is a decent defender and an above average offensive player. He can shoot, but he doesn't really do anything else offensively that is impressive. Great player, but I think his ceiling is what you see now.

He is also too passive. I think Westbrook has a better chance at being the face of the NBA over Durant.
Strictly opinion

Hawkeye15
06-29-2013, 07:16 PM
So much less than Wiggins though

we don't know that though. What we do know is Wiggins talent at age 18 takes a **** on Harden's. As I said, up to him to live up to it....

ThuglifeJ
06-29-2013, 07:21 PM
I never said he would be but I wouldn't rank Wiggins ahead of him or any college nor high school player. So you mean to tell me, you rather have Wiggins (unproven on NBA level) than Harden?

Nope you can read my initial post in here. Harden is considered one of the best in the league right now and that's sad to me. Look at the guys in your sig. Francis, Tmac, Hakeem, Yao. All 4 of them would be in the talks for the face of the NBA after Lebron ages or even now (okay, maybe not Stevie) if they were still playing at their primes this day. Back in their times they would be competing with so many others and just at their position. Harden is allowed to be a volume shooter because of the lack of young talent in the league which makes him seem like a star when it's just due to the lack of young talent, with brains, right now.

Hawkeye15
06-29-2013, 07:28 PM
Harden did get an inflated year end ranking with Love and Rose missing so much time, Dwight and Dirk starting the year hurt and only showing flashes of the old them. I still don't think Harden is a top 10 player entering next season. Kobe not playing much, or probably very effective compared to his norm, gives him a chance I suppose.

Hawkeye15
06-29-2013, 07:30 PM
Nope you can read my initial post in here. Harden is considered one of the best in the league right now and that's sad to me. Look at the guys in your sig. Francis, Tmac, Hakeem, Yao. All 4 of them would be in the talks for the face of the NBA after Lebron ages or even now (okay, maybe not Stevie) if they were still playing at their primes this day. Back in their times they would be competing with so many others and just at their position. Harden is allowed to be a volume shooter because of the lack of young talent in the league which makes him seem like a star when it's just due to the lack of young talent, with brains, right now.

volume shooters don't put up TS% of 60% with a PER of 23 and an offensive rating at 116. His ability to live at the line will forever make him an efficient scorer, nowhere near a volume shooter. I just question his ability to guard anyone, and make good decisions against great teams with so much responsibility.

ThuglifeJ
06-29-2013, 07:32 PM
You can give Harden a chance. But it's almost like a Lin scenerio where he kinda shocked everyone with his confidence to be a leader, having teams unprepared defensively. I can't imagine teams not knowing how to guard him now after a summer off. Don't get me wrong he can go off and has a good skillset on offense but I don't see it happening next year

Hawkeye15
06-29-2013, 07:36 PM
You can give Harden a chance. But it's almost like a Lin scenerio where he kinda shocked everyone with his confidence to be a leader, having teams unprepared defensively. I can't imagine teams not knowing how to guard him now after a summer off. Don't get me wrong he can go off and has a good skillset on offense but I don't see it happening next year

It's not as if he just appeared out of nowhere. He was a stud in OKC, he just didn't get the minutes and usage. Everyone and their mother knew his game, and what he would do when he was given the ball nightly as the man.

archdevil84
06-29-2013, 07:53 PM
norris cole, dude has 2 rings in 2 years. He's gonna take over as soon as LeBron gives him the ball

Hawkeye15
06-29-2013, 07:55 PM
norris cole, dude has 2 rings in 2 years. He's gonna take over as soon as LeBron gives him the ball

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp8QmidCcsk

SLS80
06-29-2013, 10:07 PM

LBJ is only 4 years older than Harden. Say LeBron retires at 36, that makes Harden 32. Does he take over the league at 32? C'MON MAN. that's why we are picking "potential" candidates that are the "next" LBJ, MJ don't be such a homer

Bruins2012
06-29-2013, 10:15 PM
I bet Harden goes to bed at night dreaming that he could one day be as good as Andrew Wiggins :worthy:

Teeboy1487
06-29-2013, 10:17 PM
Lebron will probably start to decline a little around 32. By then, Durant should be entering his prime. Clearly Durant who is already the second best player in the league. Honestly, I would not be surprised if Lebron held the best player reign passed that though. He could play the 4 once his athleticism start to decrease. That way, he could still maintain quickness over 4s until 35 at the very least. Right now, the league is at the mercy of Lebron James.

OceanSpray
06-30-2013, 01:16 AM
I think this talk with Andrew Wiggins need to stop. People keep comparing him like he's the next LeBron, they are far from that. Imo, the only answer to this has to be Durant. He's improving every year and is still young.

SLS80
06-30-2013, 08:31 AM
Durant is a beast but, I'm thinking 7-10 years down the road. Durant is the same age as Harden. Durant could be in the league for a while yes but, LBJ as stated by TEEBOY will be able to possibly play a dominating 4. So with all due respect, that's why I say Wiggins. Wiggins for now is all hype yes but, Durant will be 32 as well when LBJ is dominating as a PF. Durant, LBJ were also hype at one point. They lived up to the hype and I hope Wiggins will do the same.

SLS80
06-30-2013, 08:33 AM
Heck, for all we know it could be some guy drafted late in the second round from the nba without boarders program who steps up and takes over the league in 10 years.

lamzoka
06-30-2013, 11:34 AM
Lol Harden won't ever take over the NBA. Just like Melo won't.

You can't be one way player and take over the NBA. Harden and Melo are both all offense with very little defense. Though 'Melo is finally starting to give a damn about D after Woodson lit a fire under his butt.

As to your question, it has to be Durant.

melo is older than lebron... and btw i dont think anyone on the suns is taking over the NBA anytime soon either

JordansBulls
06-30-2013, 11:43 AM
It could be Dwight once he is stable.

FlakeyFool
06-30-2013, 12:27 PM
andrea bargnani

todu82
06-30-2013, 12:31 PM
Kevin Durant.

Showtime Steve
06-30-2013, 12:46 PM
Harden needs to fix his grill before he can become the face of the league.

c.c.
06-30-2013, 12:49 PM
LBJ is only 4 years older than Harden. Say LeBron retires at 36, that makes Harden 32. Does he take over the league at 32? C'MON MAN. that's why we are picking "potential" candidates that are the "next" LBJ, MJ don't be such a homer

So you mean to tell me, LeBron is gonna dominate the league til he's 36? And you can read all my statements, I never said Harden would but its idiotic to choose an unproven prospect over him. At least let him play a season or two in the NBA first.

I Rock Shaqs
06-30-2013, 01:16 PM
Derrick Rose with ease!

c.c.
06-30-2013, 01:27 PM
Derrick Rose with ease!

Rose is 24 and Harden is 23. "SLS80" stated Harden was too old so I'm pretty sure Rose is too (in his opinion)

KnickaBocka.44
06-30-2013, 01:30 PM
So you mean to tell me, LeBron is gonna dominate the league til he's 36? And you can read all my statements, I never said Harden would but its idiotic to choose an unproven prospect over him. At least let him play a season or two in the NBA first.

Based on timing alone, Wiggins has a better chance than Harden, and I am a huge Harden fan. Harden will be living in the shadow of KD for his prime.

ChicagoJ
06-30-2013, 03:56 PM
I don't think the player is in the league yet. Much like kobe before him, players like lebron only happen once in a generation, and maybe not even that often. As much as I like durant, he's not in that legendary status like lebron will be. Also, I think lebron will be the top player until he's around 35 or so. So, he's got a while still.

airronijordan
06-30-2013, 04:30 PM
Durant will probably be the best 2-3 years from now when Lebron status aging/losing his athleticism. But by the time Wiggins is 25, I expect him to take over the league

ChitownBears22
06-30-2013, 04:35 PM
Durant will probably be the best 2-3 years from now when Lebron status aging/losing his athleticism. But by the time Wiggins is 25, I expect him to take over the league

Where do people come up with these ages? 30-32 doesn't mean you lose your athleticism. Jordan didn't, Kobe didn't, Melo hasn't, ETC. These players condition to stay in shape and to keep up with aging. LeBron has had no major injuries so I am lost on this speculation. Hell even if he does lose 50% of his athleticism he is still a top 5 defender, passer, and attacker, and he showed us this post season that he can be a deadly shooter.

sunsfan88
06-30-2013, 04:35 PM
melo is older than lebron... and btw i dont think anyone on the suns is taking over the NBA anytime soon either
Well no s**t Suns are the worst team in the league.....and why the hell does it matter if Melo is older than LeBron?

GMpunk
06-30-2013, 04:36 PM
Wiggins

Teeboy1487
06-30-2013, 04:48 PM
Where do people come up with these ages? 30-32 doesn't mean you lose your athleticism. Jordan didn't, Kobe didn't, Melo hasn't, ETC. These players condition to stay in shape and to keep up with aging. LeBron has had no major injuries so I am lost on this speculation. Hell even if he does lose 50% of his athleticism he is still a top 5 defender, passer, and attacker, and he showed us this post season that he can be a deadly shooter.
I never said they lose it completely. From my perspective of watching the Garnetts, Kobes, Shaqs of the world, they all started to slightly decline athletically around 32. Sure everyone is different. However, Lebron has been playing alot of basketball since 18 none stop from deep playoff runs to participating in FIBA/olympics. I would not be surprised if his athleticism starts to decline a little around 32.

lamzoka
06-30-2013, 06:13 PM
Well no s**t Suns are the worst team in the league.....and why the hell does it matter if Melo is older than LeBron?

Cuz the thread title said who got next AFTER lebron

beliges
06-30-2013, 07:00 PM
It could be Dwight once he is stable.

Dwight has no offensive game and is a liability down the stretch with his poor Fts. Not a chance he takes over the league.

Hawkeye15
06-30-2013, 08:22 PM
I don't think the player is in the league yet. Much like kobe before him, players like lebron only happen once in a generation, and maybe not even that often. As much as I like durant, he's not in that legendary status like lebron will be. Also, I think lebron will be the top player until he's around 35 or so. So, he's got a while still.

peak Kobe isn't nearly as unique as LeBron James. Kobe's all time ranking comes from his pure consistency, like a Moses before him for instance.

Hawkeye15
06-30-2013, 08:23 PM

I will say, I am a fan of your new management. I think better days are ahead for you guys.

sunsfan88
06-30-2013, 09:21 PM
I will say, I am a fan of your new management. I think better days are ahead for you guys.
Yea I hope so too. Didn't start off on the right foot by taking Len over McLemore though...but we'll see I guess.

WadeKobe
06-30-2013, 10:24 PM
kawhi leonard

WadeKobe
06-30-2013, 10:30 PM

It's this nifty thin called science. testosterone production drops sinificantly @32 and, alon with it, one's athletic abilities decline.