PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard in Houston looking at houses



rhino17
06-28-2013, 12:12 PM
Just reported on local Houston Sports Radio 790

Dwight Howard spotted in Houston with realtor, currently looking at houses......

mexican dodger
06-28-2013, 12:13 PM
Link?

Dade County
06-28-2013, 12:18 PM
If this is true, why even meet other teams. I just wish they could have found away to get Cp3 too ( I like super teams! ).

Plus it would be a shame for Cp3 & Howard not to be able to play with each other in their primes/semi primes.
But, Cp3 is most likely staying with the Clips, they have made good moves for him.

K0BE8124
06-28-2013, 12:19 PM
I really doubt that, and if he is this tactic isn't going to work. he can leave but something tells me he going sell that house lmao.

Snakeyestx
06-28-2013, 12:20 PM
Dwight Howard - Cinco Ranch .. sounds like a match made in Heaven.

IndyRealist
06-28-2013, 12:21 PM
Maybe he's looking at investment properties? The housing market is blowing up in Houston. Just sayin'.

fishedz
06-28-2013, 12:22 PM
God I hope this is true....


Get that diva out of title town please, he doesn't belong here.

tr3ymill3r
06-28-2013, 12:23 PM
Black Horse Ranch or he needs a loft in the city, but I'm listening to 790 right now, and I didn't hear that.

MrfadeawayJB
06-28-2013, 12:23 PM
Doesnt suprise me he will be there. I've thought this ever since the lakers went down hill early last season

rhino17
06-28-2013, 12:27 PM
Black Horse Ranch or he needs a loft in the city, but I'm listening to 790 right now, and I didn't hear that.

Adam Clanton did a breaking news thing about it a while ago. But In the Trenches is on now and they only talk football, so they probably won't talk about it til Matt Thomas starts at noon.

lamzoka
06-28-2013, 12:27 PM
Link?

the guy said it was on the radio lol

shep33
06-28-2013, 12:29 PM
He is such a diva. So talented, but not worth the headache

PraiseJesus
06-28-2013, 12:33 PM
Enjoy playing with Jeremy Lin Dwight

It will be nice to never hear from you again in Houston

alexander_37
06-28-2013, 12:35 PM
Enjoy playing with Jeremy Lin Dwight

It will be nice to never hear from you again in Houston

Butthurt?

rockets-fan
06-28-2013, 12:36 PM
Enjoy playing with Jeremy Lin Dwight

It will be nice to never hear from you again in Houston

He'd be going there for Harden not Lin...you know best current sg and top ten player Harden.

Snakeyestx
06-28-2013, 12:39 PM
God I hope this is true....


Get that diva out of title town please, he doesn't belong here.


He is such a diva. So talented, but not worth the headache

I see two different quotes here.

The first... I can only say "You may regret saying that by this time next year."

But the second ... I actually feel sorry for the Laker's organization in general. I don't think you guys ever got the "Real" Dwight Howard on the floor. I think that once he realized he was more or less corralled into that team just to get away from Orlando, and once he started realizing how backwards the team's progression was starting to materialize, that he began sandbagging his performance much like drag racers do.

The potential is there as long as you keep him happy, but when unhappy, he's underperforming deliberately in an attempt to let management know "I'm not happy" to which it was addressed with a blind eye and constant stories about "Oh, he's just not 100% still."

I'm sorry, I call ******** on that and by game 1 of next season, we're going to know the truth almost immediately by the way he comes out onto the floor - regardless of which team announces him, and the first 3-5 minutes of his play. He's going to set a tone for what his whole season will be remembered for in that brief moment, health permitting.

The biggest insult is that banner you hung on Staples center. "STAY!" He's not your f***ing dog, he should be insulted! That should be the last straw. See my sig pic? That's the future... that's his future, that's his career's future, that's the future of his happiness on the floor, and with people who want him here, and a coach who'll work with him.

LA will hang Kupchak if this all comes to pass and he comes back dominating the West.

shep33
06-28-2013, 12:40 PM
It makes sense to join Houston, I have no ill will against him going there.

I just don't like the dude. Great player, has his limits on offense, but defensively he's a beast. I just don't like how he presents himself, and creates drama wherever he goes.

PraiseJesus
06-28-2013, 12:41 PM
I see two different quotes here.

The first... I can only say "You may regret saying that by this time next year."

But the second ... I actually feel sorry for the Laker's organization in general. I don't think you guys ever got the "Real" Dwight Howard on the floor. I think that once he realized he was more or less corralled into that team just to get away from Orlando, and once he started realizing how backwards the team's progression was starting to materialize, that he began sandbagging his performance much like drag racers do.

The potential is there as long as you keep him happy, but when unhappy, he's underperforming deliberately in an attempt to let management know "I'm not happy" to which it was addressed with a blind eye and constant stories about "Oh, he's just not 100% still."

I'm sorry, I call ******** on that and by game 1 of next season, we're going to know the truth almost immediately by the way he comes out onto the floor - regardless of which team announces him, and the first 3-5 minutes of his play. He's going to set a tone for what his whole season will be remembered for in that brief moment, health permitting.

The biggest insult is that banner you hung on Staples center. "STAY!" He's not your f***ing dog, he should be insulted! That should be the last straw.


K

Well what does that say about Dwight?

Enjoy him Houston or whoever we will be happy that hes gone =)

PraiseJesus
06-28-2013, 12:42 PM
Can you imagine the boos when Dwight returns to Staples? haha

This could maybe ruin his career. If he polarizes himself with all Laker fans across the country that is not a good thing for him, especially after his career is over and he wants broadcasting jobs etc.

THis guy is gonna be hated by all Laker and Magic fans

Snakeyestx
06-28-2013, 12:44 PM
It makes sense to join Houston, I have no ill will against him going there.

I just don't like the dude. Great player, has his limits on offense, but defensively he's a beast. I just don't like how he presents himself, and creates drama wherever he goes.

I know, it looks bad, and he's got a few maturity issues. Despite my little schpiel, I'm actually standing up for your original reply. I see you post a lot and it's you.. your type of fan I feel sorry for because he seemed to be toying with your fanbase as much as management had toyed with him.

shep33
06-28-2013, 12:45 PM
I see two different quotes here.

The first... I can only say "You may regret saying that by this time next year."

But the second ... I actually feel sorry for the Laker's organization in general. I don't think you guys ever got the "Real" Dwight Howard on the floor. I think that once he realized he was more or less corralled into that team just to get away from Orlando, and once he started realizing how backwards the team's progression was starting to materialize, that he began sandbagging his performance much like drag racers do.

The potential is there as long as you keep him happy, but when unhappy, he's underperforming deliberately in an attempt to let management know "I'm not happy" to which it was addressed with a blind eye and constant stories about "Oh, he's just not 100% still."

I'm sorry, I call ******** on that and by game 1 of next season, we're going to know the truth almost immediately by the way he comes out onto the floor - regardless of which team announces him, and the first 3-5 minutes of his play. He's going to set a tone for what his whole season will be remembered for in that brief moment, health permitting.

The biggest insult is that banner you hung on Staples center. "STAY!" He's not your f***ing dog, he should be insulted! That should be the last straw.

I agree, a healthy 100% Dwight is a great player, but he isn't going to be option #1 in Houston, some games, most games actually, Parsons should shoot more than him in my opinion.

I'm just saying he has his limits regardless of his injuries. This isn't Dwight Howard in Orlando playing against weaker opposition as well. The western conference bigs frustrated him with their size and physicality. I remember when he was with Orlando, he basically went up against Kendrick Perkins and Anderson Varajao. A lot of nights he goes up against Marc Gasol, Al Jefferson, Favors, Kanter, DeAndre, Timmy, Bogut, Pek, Cousins, etc. It's just so much different out in the west

I honestly don't expect him to put up Orlando numbers ever again. His rebounding will always be high, but scoring, I don't see him averaging 20ppg in houston, and that's actually a good thing for the Rockets.

Throwing the ball into Dwight will not win any team a championship, once he realizes this, then he'll be able to make a team into a true contender. He has to mature and realize he's not the best offensive player on his team. Once he does that, then I think Houston can take that next step towards a title.

IndyRealist
06-28-2013, 12:47 PM
It makes sense to join Houston, I have no ill will against him going there.

I just don't like the dude. Great player, has his limits on offense, but defensively he's a beast. I just don't like how he presents himself, and creates drama wherever he goes.

He'd be a lock for the HOF if he'd just accept that he's limited offensively, and concentrate on dominating the defensive end consistently instead of going through the motions when he's not getting touches.

Crackadalic
06-28-2013, 12:50 PM
He might as well just come out and say it he's playing for Houston

shep33
06-28-2013, 12:51 PM
He'd be a lock for the HOF if he'd just accept that he's limited offensively, and concentrate on dominating the defensive end consistently instead of going through the motions when he's not getting touches.

Absolutely. Last year whenever we threw it on the block to him, even against poor defenders, he'd get stripped or fouled so often, it was truly a headache. People bash Kobe, Nash and Pau, but honestly they set up Dwight for a majority of his points.

When he misses, he thinks he gets fouled so he cries to the officials, leading to a tech, or a fast break the other way.

His limits on offense effect his game on defense.

shep33
06-28-2013, 12:52 PM
He might as well just come out and say it he's playing for Houston

I don't get why he doesn't just do this. It's so stupid. Just admit that you want out and go, the sooner the better.

Snakeyestx
06-28-2013, 12:54 PM
He'd be a lock for the HOF if he'd just accept that he's limited offensively, and concentrate on dominating the defensive end consistently instead of going through the motions when he's not getting touches.

I envision him and Asik clogging up the inside, forcing teams to the outside jump shot, which if you looked at OKC this year, illustrates a jump shooting team can only go so far. As long as he takes the easy feed pass for a monster dunk, and focuses on what he does best (scaring offenses into charging into those massive shoulders) on the defensive end, and competes for blocks with Asik, we've got a really scary new version of the twin towers to look forward to. Sure, Howard/Asik might not be as offensively potent as Olajuwon/Sampson were, but who's to say they don't BOTH go to Hakeem's big man camp and learn some layup finesse?

These two aren't "old dogs" and they can still learn a few tricks from that HoF'er.

sep11ie
06-28-2013, 12:56 PM
Can you imagine the boos when Dwight returns to Staples? haha

This could maybe ruin his career. If he polarizes himself with all Laker fans across the country that is not a good thing for him, especially after his career is over and he wants broadcasting jobs etc.

THis guy is gonna be hated by all Laker and Magic fans

Just like Shaq?

raiderposting
06-28-2013, 12:57 PM
In 3 years he's going to want to go back to Orlando because he's going to say he misses Orlando. While in Orlando he's going to want to come back to LA because he wants forgiveness and give laker fans a ring. After he wins a ring he wants to play one last season in Orlando because he wants to give his first team and the city he loves/hates a ring.

Hawkeye15
06-28-2013, 12:57 PM
That would be my selling point as an athlete

"wait, I can get a 6 bedroom, 6000 square foot house, for $1.2 million, versus paying $13 million?"

"sold"

Hawkeye15
06-28-2013, 12:58 PM
living in Houston, I am fully expecting all the bandwagon fans, ie, my friends here, to jump onboard after not giving a **** about the team for the last 3 years. Yippee, irrational Rockets talk, here I come!

shep33
06-28-2013, 12:59 PM
That would be my selling point as an athlete

"wait, I can get a 6 bedroom, 6000 square foot house, for $1.2 million, versus paying $13 million?"

"sold"

Shhh Hawkeye... Athletes are stupid lol

Hawkeye15
06-28-2013, 01:00 PM
Shhh Hawkeye... Athletes are stupid lol

touche

shep33
06-28-2013, 01:03 PM
I just hope this ends soon. So sick of the Dwightmare 2.0 already

nickdymez
06-28-2013, 01:05 PM
I can tell you guys that 80% of lakers fans out here in LA dont really want him back. Im in that 80. If he comes back, then cool. Whatever. If he leaves, then cool whatever. I'd much rather have Metta come back honestly because he loves the team and plays with heart. Most of you fans here arent used to having superstars play for your team, so you think Lakers fans will be "butthurt". The greatest players ever have been Lakers. Dwight isnt one of them.

Clippersfan86
06-28-2013, 01:05 PM
Lakers oddly will benefit with Dwight leaving IF they are smart enough to tank this year. Although was the 2014 one of the picks given up for Nash? If so then, NVM they are fu**ed.

Purple_n_Gold
06-28-2013, 01:07 PM
I know, it looks bad, and he's got a few maturity issues. Despite my little schpiel, I'm actually standing up for your original reply. I see you post a lot and it's you.. your type of fan I feel sorry for because he seemed to be toying with your fanbase as much as management had toyed with him.
Lol. You are a character. Why would you feel sorry for Laker fans? Who has he toyed with? Most Laker fans are indifferent on the situation. While most of us know if we can we have to sign him, we also really don't care if he walks. See the thing is he can't handle it here with Kobe, what happens when Kobe is gone and the pressure is really on him? He would crack like a bottle thrown to the floor. He is a piece to a championship definitely not a cornerstone. He is so limited offensively its a joke and really speaks to his work ethic. 9 years in as a center and very minimal improvement offensively, no post game, terrible hands, etc. I know this will be spun as being bitter but its really not the case. If you get him more power to you, but I would not count on anything until the contract is signed. He is as indecisive as a fat kid in a cake store.

Mcdoh
06-28-2013, 01:08 PM
im cool if he leaves.. we just drafted ryan kelly.. lol :p

gatkins11
06-28-2013, 01:18 PM
He's doing his homework here, as he should with any team he considers signing with. He'll probably do this in Dallas too.

c.c.
06-28-2013, 01:24 PM
wait did you just say Harden is the best current SG? ever heard of a guy named Kobe Bryant? idiot.

Yeah I heard of him. He's a legend but right now Harden is the better player (my opinion)

Slug3
06-28-2013, 01:38 PM
Could be checking out potential areas he might sign with. Wouldn't surprise me if he went to check out Dallas next.

younggunn113
06-28-2013, 01:41 PM
He'd be going there for Harden not Lin...you know best current sg and top ten player Harden.

Oh come on. Only "best current sg" because Kobe is hurt. His numbers were worse across the board... points, rebounds, assists, FG%.

Harden probably is top 10, but he's sitting in the 8-10 range.

tr3ymill3r
06-28-2013, 01:46 PM
Yeah I heard of him. He's a legend but right now Harden is the better player (my opinion)

And his opinion is right. Right now, Kobe can barely walk.

Snakeyestx
06-28-2013, 01:46 PM
The greatest players ever have been Lakers. Dwight isnt one of them.

Really?

Greatest Ever?

Funny, I don't recall these guys ever wearing Purple and Gold...

Michael Jordan
Julius Irving
Kevin McHale
George Gervin
Rick Barry
David Robinson
Hakeem Olajuwon
Clyde Drexler
Dikembe Mutombo

No.. not all of the "Greatest" players have been Lakers... matter of fact, I'd wager there's more of them on the list that weren't Lakers than there are that were.

nickdymez
06-28-2013, 01:56 PM
Really?

Greatest Ever?

Funny, I don't recall these guys ever wearing Purple and Gold...

Michael Jordan
Julius Irving
Kevin McHale
George Gervin
Rick Barry
David Robinson
Hakeem Olajuwon
Clyde Drexler
Dikembe Mutombo

No.. not all of the "Greatest" players have been Lakers... matter of fact, I'd wager there's more of them on the list that weren't Lakers than there are that were.

Ummmm, 5 of the 10 greates players of all time has played for the lakers. probably 10 of the top 50 of all time have played for the Lakers. You really wanna go down this road?

houstonfan
06-28-2013, 02:00 PM
Really?

Greatest Ever?

Funny, I don't recall these guys ever wearing Purple and Gold...

Michael Jordan
Julius Irving
Kevin McHale
George Gervin
Rick Barry
David Robinson
Hakeem Olajuwon
Clyde Drexler
Dikembe Mutombo

No.. not all of the "Greatest" players have been Lakers... matter of fact, I'd wager there's more of them on the list that weren't Lakers than there are that were.

I could make a list of 9 Lakers players that look better than that list...

lamzoka
06-28-2013, 02:00 PM
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 4m

Contrary to reports, Dwight Howard isn't in Houston looking at houses. He's in LA, working out at UCLA. Not sure how that rumor started.

gatkins11
06-28-2013, 02:02 PM
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 4m

lol

Snakeyestx
06-28-2013, 02:11 PM
Ummmm, 5 of the 10 greates players of all time has played for the lakers. probably 10 of the top 50 of all time have played for the Lakers. You really wanna go down this road?

Yeah.. let's...

OF that whole list you have, name "Career" Lakers players.. not players who were great before they were Lakers and ended up playing there as "part of their legacy."

Ask a Celtics fan who had the most "great" players in their history, or a Sixers fan... you're going to get varying answers.

The fact of the matter is, the Lakers had a storied past history, and that's great and all, but the Lakers aren't the ONLY team, and the way your talent is leaving, quitting, retiring, what have you, your GM has a LOT of work to do to keep that reputation alive, or he'll burn for tarnishing it.

Who's to say a new team can't emerge and make the Purple and Gold a thing of the past? The same thing happened to the Sixers and Celtics of old.

...and just to be fair... I've never liked the term Greatest of All time, because all that does is put a glass ceiling on the next generation of up and coming talent. You can't be the "greatest of ALL time" because time never stops and someone's eventually going to top you. A brief look at the records Kobe breaks is proof of that.

Rockets4Life
06-28-2013, 02:12 PM
Sports Talk 790 just said that Dwight Howard is not in Houston, but his people are in Houston looking at houses.

I'm pretty sure his people will do the same in Dallas as well.

Snakeyestx
06-28-2013, 02:21 PM
Sports Talk 790 just said that Dwight Howard is not in Houston, but his people are in Houston looking at houses.

I'm pretty sure his people will do the same in Dallas as well.

Totally... next we'll hear the same thing is happening in Atlanta, and I wouldn't doubt if a rumor creeps up in Brooklyn again as well.

sep11ie
06-28-2013, 02:23 PM
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 4m

Turns out it was just a tall black dude in dorky glasses.

kobe4thewinbang
06-28-2013, 02:23 PM
He is such a diva. So talented, but not worth the headacheSo talented? I don't think so, man. He's just athletic. A tall Josh Smith.

naps
06-28-2013, 02:28 PM
Good if it's true. He should go to Houston. Makes all the sense in the world.

sep11ie
06-28-2013, 02:48 PM
I like how Lakers fans now call him overrated and not worth it. How many crows will be devoured if he signs back with LA?

fishedz
06-28-2013, 02:48 PM
I see two different quotes here.

The first... I can only say "You may regret saying that by this time next year."

But the second ... I actually feel sorry for the Laker's organization in general. I don't think you guys ever got the "Real" Dwight Howard on the floor. I think that once he realized he was more or less corralled into that team just to get away from Orlando, and once he started realizing how backwards the team's progression was starting to materialize, that he began sandbagging his performance much like drag racers do.

The potential is there as long as you keep him happy, but when unhappy, he's underperforming deliberately in an attempt to let management know "I'm not happy" to which it was addressed with a blind eye and constant stories about "Oh, he's just not 100% still."

I'm sorry, I call ******** on that and by game 1 of next season, we're going to know the truth almost immediately by the way he comes out onto the floor - regardless of which team announces him, and the first 3-5 minutes of his play. He's going to set a tone for what his whole season will be remembered for in that brief moment, health permitting.

The biggest insult is that banner you hung on Staples center. "STAY!" He's not your f***ing dog, he should be insulted! That should be the last straw. See my sig pic? That's the future... that's his future, that's his career's future, that's the future of his happiness on the floor, and with people who want him here, and a coach who'll work with him.

LA will hang Kupchak if this all comes to pass and he comes back dominating the West.


Next year is a fail in LA as it stands. Thing is...we'll probably get as far without him...that's the point and the problem.

Mitch is the best GM in basketball. He isn't going anywhere.


Please take his sorry ***. Hie liabilities greatly outweigh whatever positive attributes he has.

fishedz
06-28-2013, 02:50 PM
I like how Lakers fans now call him overrated and not worth it. How many crows will be devoured if he signs back with LA?

I think he proved last year he is not a max player. So from a long term business perspective, I cannot agree with paying him as such. He is not a number one player period.

NoDRiding
06-28-2013, 03:01 PM
Yeah.. let's...

OF that whole list you have, name "Career" Lakers players.. not players who were great before they were Lakers and ended up playing there as "part of their legacy."

Ask a Celtics fan who had the most "great" players in their history, or a Sixers fan... you're going to get varying answers.

The fact of the matter is, the Lakers had a storied past history, and that's great and all, but the Lakers aren't the ONLY team, and the way your talent is leaving, quitting, retiring, what have you, your GM has a LOT of work to do to keep that reputation alive, or he'll burn for tarnishing it.

Who's to say a new team can't emerge and make the Purple and Gold a thing of the past? The same thing happened to the Sixers and Celtics of old.

...and just to be fair... I've never liked the term Greatest of All time, because all that does is put a glass ceiling on the next generation of up and coming talent. You can't be the "greatest of ALL time" because time never stops and someone's eventually going to top you. A brief look at the records Kobe breaks is proof of that.



lol is this guy serious??

First off, to even compare the Sixers to the Lakers is foolish. The Sixers dont have even close to as many titles or legends as the Lakers.

Second off, are you seriously that devoid of basic basketball knowledge that you even wanna bring up the Celtics? Boston only has one more title than the Lakers. They went 20 years without a title at one point and the majority of their history and titles comes from before the 80s. Are you not aware of the fact that the Lakers have been to the FInals in EVERY DECADE of it's existence? They've won a title in every decade besides the 70s and 90s, and in the 70s were in the Finals pretty much every year. Longest we've gone without a title is 18 years from 54 to 72. The Lakers are THE most consistent franchise in American sports, and is THE MOST SUCCESSFULL modern day sports franchise. From the 80s until now who's messing with the Lakers? We've been in damn near HALF of the NBA finals ever.

Im not even going to name all the legends the LAkers have over other teams because thats just a known fact.


To even bring up the Sixers in relation to the Lake show is a clown act. And unless you're 70 years old and enjoyed the Russell years, stfu about the Celtics too.

I Rock Shaqs
06-28-2013, 03:03 PM
Knowing Dwight Howard he would probably move to Houston and then play for Dallas.

Snakeyestx
06-28-2013, 03:04 PM
To even bring up the Sixers in relation to the Lake show is a clown act. And unless you're 70 years old and enjoyed the Russell years, stfu about the Celtics too.

Sorry, I didn't know I was dealing with a 12 year old who only knew the Lakers of the last 10-15 years. It's okay, as someone else has said, all that **** your fans talk about Howard now, will seem awfully funny if he decides to stay in your oh-so-storied franchise.

Oh... and greatest GM? Really? That's the best joke I've heard all day.

If your head was any further up a single-teams ***, your hair would be purple...

shep33
06-28-2013, 03:09 PM
I like how Lakers fans now call him overrated and not worth it. How many crows will be devoured if he signs back with LA?

I think the feeling is if he signs, cool, if not, cool. The truth is he isn't going to win us a title next year, and probably will never win a title if he's our primary scoring option.

G-Menn!
06-28-2013, 03:18 PM
Maybe he's looking at investment properties? The housing market is blowing up in Houston. Just sayin'.

Lol what? Someone clearly hasn't been to Houston. The housing market is not going to blow up lol it's been constant and very low.

Slug3
06-28-2013, 03:20 PM
Can you imagine the boos when Dwight returns to Staples? haha

This could maybe ruin his career. If he polarizes himself with all Laker fans across the country that is not a good thing for him, especially after his career is over and he wants broadcasting jobs etc.

THis guy is gonna be hated by all Laker and Magic fans

you act like the Lakers are Americas team or something. Outside LA there are only a few fans as the majority of the USA are not fans of the Lakers.

bullishsince87
06-28-2013, 03:23 PM
Lol dwight is in LA, this is a bogus report

YouCan'tBeatLA
06-28-2013, 03:24 PM
Well, people in Texas are generally racist. Someone probably saw a tall, buff African-American male and thought it was Dwight Howard.

G-Menn!
06-28-2013, 03:32 PM
That would be my selling point as an athlete

"wait, I can get a 6 bedroom, 6000 square foot house, for $1.2 million, versus paying $13 million?"

"sold"
exactly, and the high rises by rice village start off at only 400,000 lol

And in sugar land, for 800,000 he can literally get a castle.

No brainer, for what he's going to make, the best value for his money will be in Houston when you compare to the other cities that he is interested in. And gas is cheaper because of all the oil rinks ;)

G-Menn!
06-28-2013, 03:33 PM
you act like the Lakers are Americas team or something. Outside LA there are only a few fans as the majority of the USA are not fans of the Lakers.

I think he means all the international bandwgoners.

G-Menn!
06-28-2013, 03:38 PM
Well, people in Texas are generally racist. Someone probably saw a tall, buff African-American male and thought it was Dwight Howard.

Dear ignorant,

Houston is the 4th largest city in the US and is filled with diverse folks.

Maybe in other small cities around Texas.. But there is no stereotypical racism ******** that you're assuming takes place in every major city in Texas.
San Antonio, Houston, Austin, surf cities all over the edges of Texas are all safe for any race.
Come down here to experience it for yourself no reason to assume bs

FriedTofuz
06-28-2013, 03:41 PM
ok so the lakers will now tank for wiggins if howard leaves, and kobe is injured

YouCan'tBeatLA
06-28-2013, 03:43 PM
Dear ignorant,

Houston is the 4th largest city in the US and is filled with diverse folks.

Maybe in other small cities around Texas.. But there is no stereotypical racism ******** that you're assuming takes place in every major city in Texas.
San Antonio, Houston, Austin, surf cities all over the edges of Texas are all safe for any race.
Come down here to experience it for yourself no reason to assume bs

I've been to Texas. Don't plan on going back, you know, because I'm so ignorant.

G-Menn!
06-28-2013, 03:46 PM
I've been to Texas. Don't plan on going back, you know, because I'm so ignorant.

apparently texas = houston?

:confused:

G-Menn!
06-28-2013, 03:46 PM
if you claim houston is racist, than yea your full of **** lol :)

NoDRiding
06-28-2013, 03:47 PM
you act like the Lakers are Americas team or something. Outside LA there are only a few fans as the majority of the USA are not fans of the Lakers.

uhhh, the lakers have the biggest fanbase in the NBA.

NoDRiding
06-28-2013, 03:49 PM
I think he means all the international bandwgoners.

Bandwagoners? You mean the people who watched the Showtime Lakers in the 80s and 30 years later, are still fans of the LAkers? Yeah, real bandwagon there bro.

LAkers > every other NBA franchise historically and presently. 5 titles 7 finals since 2000 don't get it twisted you wishful thinkers

G-Menn!
06-28-2013, 03:51 PM
Bandwagoners? You mean the people who watched the Showtime Lakers in the 80s and 30 years later, are still fans of the LAkers? Yeah, real bandwagon there bro.

LAkers > every other NBA franchise historically and presently. 5 titles 7 finals since 2000 don't get it twisted you wishful thinkers

nope. I mean the guys who were jordan fans and now laker fans because of kobe :)

martin_108
06-28-2013, 03:56 PM
Funny just seen on instagram that he at UCLA playing knockout with kids at the gym...internet is full of made up stories

Snakeyestx
06-28-2013, 03:58 PM
Well this turned into a flame and shitstorm in a hurry didn't it?

Let's educate the blatantly ignorant shall we?

* Houston is the 4th largest city in the United States - fact
* Houston is labeled the "most northern-like" city in the United states based on business practices, customs, behavior, cultural tolerance, and diversity - fact
* Houston resides in a state with no state income tax - fact
* Texas has the 14th largest economy in the WORLD as of 2009 - fact
* We don't ride horses to work, though there are quite a number of Prancing Pony Ferrari owners here
* We don't all have an accent, but we can put one on for you tourists if you'd like (though it's funny when Asians do it just to humor you)
* The Rockets team owner isn't considered loud-mouthed or ****-stirring like the team just north of us... notice the humblest of the 3 teams and ownership is actually the most successful (hint : Not the Rox)
* You can have your veganism and lemongrass smoothies, but we prefer to call that garbage "lawn clippings"
* Despite all the drama, our GM and owner actually welcome the Dwightmare because they believe it's about time he's treated like a star, and less like a dog. Really... you need to tear down that insulting "STAY!" command off Staples center and replace it with a Clippers banner that says "SOON" with the Larry O'Brien trophy in the background, slightly off-focus as inspiration that there's a new team in town actually worth talking about.

knicksfan1969
06-28-2013, 04:01 PM
Well, people in Texas are generally racist. Someone probably saw a tall, buff African-American male and thought it was Dwight Howard.

This is a bigoted comment.

NoDRiding
06-28-2013, 04:04 PM
nope. I mean the guys who were jordan fans and now laker fans because of kobe :)


nah they're probably Heat fans at this point if thats how they get down

knicksfan1969
06-28-2013, 04:04 PM
Dear ignorant,

Houston is the 4th largest city in the US and is filled with diverse folks.

Maybe in other small cities around Texas.. But there is no stereotypical racism ******** that you're assuming takes place in every major city in Texas.
San Antonio, Houston, Austin, surf cities all over the edges of Texas are all safe for any race.
Come down here to experience it for yourself no reason to assume bs

Ignorant poster likely from the Northeast, likely college educated. Believes all the stereotypical racist stuff about Southerners. Reads the NY Times for culture but the writers never leave Manhattan except for Hollywood or London so even that makes him even more ignorant.

South is growing. North could learn a bit from the South on how to manage their affairs.

rhino17
06-28-2013, 04:10 PM
I've been to Texas. Don't plan on going back, you know, because I'm so ignorant.

Houston is the most ethnically diverse city in America, one of the most integrated cities in the world, and is the largest city with an openly gay mayor........but go ahead and call them intolerant and racist......

G-Menn!
06-28-2013, 04:12 PM
Well this turned into a flame and shitstorm in a hurry didn't it?

Let's educate the blatantly ignorant shall we?

* Houston is the 4th largest city in the United States - fact
* Houston is labeled the "most northern-like" city in the United states based on business practices, customs, behavior, cultural tolerance, and diversity - fact
* Houston resides in a state with no state income tax - fact
* Texas has the 14th largest economy in the WORLD as of 2009 - fact
* We don't ride horses to work, though there are quite a number of Prancing Pony Ferrari owners here
* We don't all have an accent, but we can put one on for you tourists if you'd like (though it's funny when Asians do it just to humor you)
* The Rockets team owner isn't considered loud-mouthed or ****-stirring like the team just north of us... notice the humblest of the 3 teams and ownership is actually the most successful (hint : Not the Rox)
* You can have your veganism and lemongrass smoothies, but we prefer to call that garbage "lawn clippings"
* Despite all the drama, our GM and owner actually welcome the Dwightmare because they believe it's about time he's treated like a star, and less like a dog. Really... you need to tear down that insulting "STAY!" command off Staples center and replace it with a Clippers banner that says "SOON" with the Larry O'Brien trophy in the background, slightly off-focus as inspiration that there's a new team in town actually worth talking about.

bingo.
lol im not a rockets fan or anything, but i do attend college here @ UH. and ill be damned if anything makes up **** about my city dammit!!!

Snakeyestx
06-28-2013, 04:17 PM
Houston is the most ethnically diverse city in America, one of the most integrated cities in the world, and is the largest city with an openly gay mayor........but go ahead and call them intolerant and racist......

I was gonna mention this, but I didn't wanna go there .. thought enough points were drawn up already :D

lakerboy
06-28-2013, 04:27 PM
I see two different quotes here.

The first... I can only say "You may regret saying that by this time next year."

But the second ... I actually feel sorry for the Laker's organization in general. I don't think you guys ever got the "Real" Dwight Howard on the floor. I think that once he realized he was more or less corralled into that team just to get away from Orlando, and once he started realizing how backwards the team's progression was starting to materialize, that he began sandbagging his performance much like drag racers do.

The potential is there as long as you keep him happy, but when unhappy, he's underperforming deliberately in an attempt to let management know "I'm not happy" to which it was addressed with a blind eye and constant stories about "Oh, he's just not 100% still."

I'm sorry, I call ******** on that and by game 1 of next season, we're going to know the truth almost immediately by the way he comes out onto the floor - regardless of which team announces him, and the first 3-5 minutes of his play. He's going to set a tone for what his whole season will be remembered for in that brief moment, health permitting.

The biggest insult is that banner you hung on Staples center. "STAY!" He's not your f***ing dog, he should be insulted! That should be the last straw. See my sig pic? That's the future... that's his future, that's his career's future, that's the future of his happiness on the floor, and with people who want him here, and a coach who'll work with him.

LA will hang Kupchak if this all comes to pass and he comes back dominating the West.

I think you got the perception really wrong. Lakers fans do not care that much about Dwight Howard. Nobody will call for Kupchak's head if he leaves. Nobody cares about Dwight here. Dwight is not respected in LA because everybody saw his half-assed effort last year.

Good luck with him if you get him.

lakerboy
06-28-2013, 04:28 PM
Houston is the most ethnically diverse city in America, one of the most integrated cities in the world, and is the largest city with an openly gay mayor........but go ahead and call them intolerant and racist......

Houston is also the fattest city in America.

lakerboy
06-28-2013, 04:33 PM
I like how Lakers fans now call him overrated and not worth it. How many crows will be devoured if he signs back with LA?

It's cool if he signs back. He is still an asset that is worth something in the market. We just really don't care if he leaves. It's really diff because you guys didn't see the kind of half-assed effort he gave night in and night out. We had a bad year and we're just sick of him. Personally, I hope he gets traded to LAC for Griffin and Bledsoe.

3RDASYSTEM
06-28-2013, 04:37 PM
Wait hold up, didn't laker nation on here say he just purchased a 20mil house in la so it was a lock he was staying?


and now he is in HTOWN looking for a house? this just got interesting

Snakeyestx
06-28-2013, 04:37 PM
Houston is also the fattest city in America.

As of April 2013 :

1. McAllen-Edinburg-Mission, Texas
> Obesity rate: 38.5%
> Pct. with high blood pressure: 26.6% (57th lowest)
> Pct. exercise regularly: 52.2% (79th lowest)
> Poverty rate: 37.7% (the highest)
> Pct. with at least bachelors degree: 16.0% (30th lowest)


Read more: America’s Fattest Cities - 24/7 Wall St. http://247wallst.com/2013/04/12/americas-fattest-cities/#ixzz2XXsClBna

In early 2012, we were on that list... as of the above listing, we weren't even in the top 11.

Got to hand it to ya though, there are some fattys around here. ;)

YouCan'tBeatLA
06-28-2013, 04:44 PM
:laugh2:

It was meant to be taken as a joke, but whatever. Couldn't care less about Houston.

MassoDio
06-28-2013, 04:45 PM
Dwight needs to understand at some point, that he not a very good offensive player. If he can get that through his head, and understand that he NEEDS a good/great offensive player on the floor with him, to draw attention away from him, and keep the other team honest defensively, he will be better for it.

Dwight needs to recognize that if he is "The Man" as he is said to want to be, on the offensive end of the floor, his team will not be that successful most of the time. He has no go to move, no post game, and is at a point, with the back injury and all, where his athleticism is not going to make up for that lack of fundamentals on offense. He has been able to "get by" in the past because he was bigger, stronger, and more athletic that the other big men he was facing most of the time. And he still only made it to the finals once in a weak Eastern conference. And lost.

I do think, if Dwight is able to accept that he should not be a first option on offense, can work within a system on offense, and focus on being dominant on the defensive end, that Houston is the best place he can be. They have an offensive player in Harden who can relieve a lot of the pressure on Dwight on the offensive end of the court. Along with some other pieces, like Parsons, that will make teams have to honor their offense enough that it will open things up for Dwight in the post, for easy looks, put backs, etc. You know, the things he should be doing with his limited offensive game.

Dwight just needs to get off of the pedestal he has put himself on, and be honest with himself about what he is as a player. Once he does that, if he goes to the right team, which again, I think Houston would be the best fit, he is going to be a terror on the defensive end again. And at that point, he would also be a nightmare on offense, because he would be dominating at what he is good at, rather than sucking at what he has no business trying to be.

rhino17
06-28-2013, 04:48 PM
:laugh2:

It was meant to be taken as a joke, but whatever. Could care less about Houston.

You could or you COULDN'T?

YouCan'tBeatLA
06-28-2013, 04:53 PM
you could or you couldn't?

COULDN'T. Ftfy.

NFLNBA
06-28-2013, 05:06 PM
Love Dwights fun personality but basketball wise he is a huge handicap on offense. He wants to be the "MAIN FOCUS" "MAIN GUY" but truth is he is so bad offensively he cant be that guy. Also he has complained non stop about the system in LA but hello Houston is even more perimeter orientated lol He is not a franchise player but a GREAT defense anchor/ #2 guy but he needs to accept that or he will never be happy and we all know a unhappy Dwight is a half assed player that will kill your chemistry. If he resigned in LA the Lakers have a lot of cash the next year and would pick up a #1 guy and dwight again would be unhappy prob. Dwight would be best suited playing in a small market team with a PG that is pass way first like Rondo!!!

Jarvo
06-28-2013, 05:08 PM
He'd be going there for Harden not Lin...you know best current sg and top ten player Harden.

Ehhh Top 3 but not best.

Jarvo
06-28-2013, 05:12 PM
I feel bad for The Lakers, But holy **** it's about time Houston gets rocking again IF they land Howard.

rockets-fan
06-28-2013, 05:26 PM
Ehhh Top 3 but not best.

I just think he's better than Kobe and Wade now..homerism maybe but really I don't see how's he's not

Jarvo
06-28-2013, 05:35 PM
I just think he's better than Kobe and Wade now..homerism maybe but really I don't see how's he's not

Oh it is very debatable real close actually at number 2, But I know he will be very excited if they land him.

Gibby23
06-28-2013, 05:48 PM
Jarrod N Rudolph ‏@JRudolphSports 2m
UCLA is NOT in Houston. At least it wasn't this morning.

He was working out at UCLA

LakersMaster24
06-28-2013, 06:01 PM
He posted a video on Instagram few hours ago saying

"Playing knockout in UCLA...which is in LA"

You idiots will believe in anything.

LakersMaster24
06-28-2013, 06:02 PM
Are people seriously comparing LA to Houston? Houston doesn't belong to be in the same sentence with LA.

G-Menn!
06-28-2013, 06:05 PM
:laugh2:

It was meant to be taken as a joke, but whatever. Couldn't care less about Houston.

:laugh2:

After you got called out it's a joke now.
Classic.

G-Menn!
06-28-2013, 06:07 PM
Are people seriously comparing LA to Houston? Houston doesn't belong to be in the same sentence with LA.

Where in these posts are people comparing Houston to LA? :confused:

LakersMaster24
06-28-2013, 06:09 PM
Where in these posts are people comparing Houston to LA? :confused:

People are trying to show what a good city Houston as if it can compare to Los-Angeles.

YouCan'tBeatLA
06-28-2013, 06:19 PM
:laugh2:

After you got called out it's a joke now.
Classic.

Called out for what? lmao

Like I said, I couldn't care less for Houston. You guys are irrelevant to me.

MassoDio
06-28-2013, 06:24 PM
People are trying to show what a good city Houston as if it can compare to Los-Angeles.

Reading comprehension involves reading all of the posts in order to formulate an accurate picture of what was being talked about.

Something tells me that you didn't do that. Oh...it is probably the fact that what you said is not at all what happened in this thread. Like, not at all.

nickdymez
06-28-2013, 06:33 PM
I just think he's better than Kobe and Wade now..homerism maybe but really I don't see how's he's not
Get your eyes fixed bro....

More-Than-Most
06-28-2013, 06:35 PM
I would never want to live in LA/New York... The prices are insanity... cant get a place in tornado alley for like 10 bucks---------------------->LA/New York

rhino17
06-28-2013, 06:39 PM
People are trying to show what a good city Houston as if it can compare to Los-Angeles.

No, an LA poster said that Houston was full of racist, ignorant people, and Houston fans took offense


I would never want to live in LA/New York... The prices are insanity... cant get a place in tornado alley for like 10 bucks---------------------->LA/New York

LA and New York are very different. I would move to New York in a heartbeat, but I would kill myself if I lived in LA.

cssdmark
06-28-2013, 06:48 PM
I am a New Yo rk fan and it is obvious Houston is the best play for him. He is not a big market player but he. Is a beast on the defensive side of the ball. Now Houson has to figure out how to get rid of Lin. Last year when they signed Lin I said it was a badove and the Houson fans ate me up, now it appears they need to get rid of him and his poison pill. Yipes and goodluck.

brails92
06-28-2013, 06:57 PM
He's in LA doing his summer camp at ucla haha

RiceOnTheRun
06-28-2013, 07:12 PM
Enjoy playing with Jeremy Lin Dwight

It will be nice to never hear from you again in Houston

He's played with Darius Morris and Chris Duhon. Can't get much worse than that. Not to mention getting upgrades at the SG and SF spots. Kobe was great, but let's be real, 2013 Harden >>>>>>> 2013 Kobe.

RiceOnTheRun
06-28-2013, 07:16 PM
I would never want to live in LA/New York... The prices are insanity... cant get a place in tornado alley for like 10 bucks---------------------->LA/New York

I agree. I'm from NYC, and I can't see why anyone would want to live in Manhattan. Overpriced and cramped, not really worth it imo. Queens is definitely nice, but way too quiet for any superstar to live in. I can't speak for Brooklyn and Bronx, but the streetball scene there is legit, so there's that.

On the bright side, NY has the best pizza in the US. And **** anyone who says otherwise :dance:

kobe4thewinbang
06-28-2013, 08:14 PM
I think the feeling is if he signs, cool, if not, cool. The truth is he isn't going to win us a title next year, and probably will never win a title if he's our primary scoring option.Right, because he has no post moves, terrible free throw percentage and gets into foul trouble because he doesn't play smart.

Losoway
06-28-2013, 08:22 PM
houston is a perfect fit for howard. i really hopes he goes there.

kblo247
06-28-2013, 08:32 PM
Logically speaking he should check out prices in Dallas, Atlanta, and San Francisco/Oakland as well. He needs to do all his homework. The living arrangement homework gets done this week as well as perspective schools. Then the interviewss with the other teams should start come the 1st with a f2f with everyone with the Lakers last. Then sit at home with his agent, make a list, weight things out, and decide

denverfan66
06-28-2013, 08:50 PM
Dwight is still a productive big man and deserves credit for that, seeing how underwhelming players at his position tend to be these days, but I have a hard time believing he'll ever be as dominant as he was in Orlando. The Magic were a perfect situation for Howard (the offense revolved around him). Playing a full season after the surgery, it looks like it permanently limits his athletic ability. Outside of Atlanta, the rumored teams already have stars that he'd have to share the ball with.

HouRealCoach
06-28-2013, 09:09 PM
I mean without a link, why is this still open?

gatkins11
06-28-2013, 10:00 PM
I mean without a link, why is this still open?

Agreed.

Jtirado16
06-28-2013, 10:03 PM
This is a funny thread because Dwight is in LA doing his summer camp at UCLA.. So either Dwight has a look alike or THIS IS A FALSE REPORT TO GET HOUSTON FANS EXCITED

DaLakerz Rulz
06-28-2013, 10:06 PM
This is a funny thread because Dwight is in LA doing his summer camp at UCLA.. So either Dwight has a look alike or THIS IS A FALSE REPORT TO GET HOUSTON FANS EXCITED

Dwight posted an instagram video of him playing knockout...he specifically said "Im at UCLA....which is in LA". Garbage report this thread should def be closed.

LakersMaster24
06-28-2013, 10:18 PM
Why is this thread still open? What are the mods doing?

If this was a controversial thread about Lebron that turned out to be false it would be closed in matter of seconds.

kblo247
06-28-2013, 10:37 PM
Kill the thread, Dwight's at ucla and posting videos of him working with the kids at camp today


http://instagram.com/p/bHGaNbKix5/

#liestoldonPSD

Jtirado16
06-28-2013, 10:41 PM
Kill the thread, Dwight's at ucla and posting videos of him working with the kids at camp today


http://instagram.com/p/bHGaNbKix5/

#liestoldonPSD

Yeah I follow him on Instagram & saw this. People always making up lies

CLOSE THE THREAD

Lakers + Giants
06-28-2013, 11:08 PM
Just like last year everyone has BS sources. Apparently everyone has sources connected with Dwight, same BS as last year.

RapOZo
06-28-2013, 11:13 PM
Kill the thread, Dwight's at ucla and posting videos of him working with the kids at camp today


http://instagram.com/p/bHGaNbKix5/

#liestoldonPSD
"playing knockout at ucla...WHICH IS IN LA!"
I think he means something... :):):)

D1JM
06-28-2013, 11:22 PM
Kill the thread, Dwight's at ucla and posting videos of him working with the kids at camp today


http://instagram.com/p/bHGaNbKix5/

#liestoldonPSD

Dwight makes those realtors look like kids.

kblo247
06-28-2013, 11:39 PM
"playing knockout at ucla...WHICH IS IN LA!"
I think he means something... :):):)

Them some good sources you got. Mine say Dwight was busy tampering and trying to get Parsons to come and join the new team he found

YouCan'tBeatLA
06-29-2013, 12:06 AM
Why is this thread still open? What are the mods doing?

If this was a controversial thread about Lebron that turned out to be false it would be closed in matter of seconds.

The mods are only quick at banning, that's what they're programmed to do.

NBA-GMaster
06-29-2013, 12:12 AM
Who cares if this is true or not, it doesn't prove anything..

Chrisclover
06-29-2013, 06:11 AM
maybe he is just looking for a house for a new mistress?
i honestly want him to stay and give another chance for the other 3 old stars,it is a shame that Nash retires without a ring

NYMetropolitans
06-29-2013, 06:22 AM
If this is true, why even meet other teams. I just wish they could have found away to get Cp3 too ( I like super teams! ).

Plus it would be a shame for Cp3 & Howard not to be able to play with each other in their primes/semi primes.
But, Cp3 is most likely staying with the Clips, they have made good moves for him.

:rolleyes: oh really?

sunsfan88
06-29-2013, 05:18 PM
I know, it looks bad, and he's got a few maturity issues. Despite my little schpiel, I'm actually standing up for your original reply. I see you post a lot and it's you.. your type of fan I feel sorry for because he seemed to be toying with your fanbase as much as management had toyed with him.
I don't think you have to feel sorry for the Laker fans, they have 17 or so titles that will help them sleep better at night.

And either way it's the Lakers. Their gonna bounce back from this. The Lakers will win a title before Dwight does.

LakersMaster24
06-29-2013, 05:22 PM
Close the thread.

Jtirado16
06-29-2013, 05:27 PM
If Dwight leaves the Lakers the Lakers will still be fine & win more championships than Dwight with the rockets

Rush
06-29-2013, 05:46 PM
The mods are only quick at banning, that's what they're programmed to do.

Or a simple click of the reported message button would've done the trick. Saying, "CLOSE THREAD" won't do anything.

Blame the posters who break the rules. It's not hard to do. Don't blame us.