PDA

View Full Version : Will Canada Challege Team USA?

JasonJohnHorn
06-28-2013, 06:52 AM
For the first time in NBA history a Canadian was selected with the first overall pick: Anthony Bennett. Next year will likely be more of the same: Andrew Wiggins. With Canadian Tristan Thompson going 4th overall in 2011 and posting nearly a double double last year, it seems clear that Canada's basketball talent is increasing. They will have three NBA starters with All-Star potential eligible for the Canadian national team for the 2016 Olympics. So: Will they be able to challenge team USA?

Three players deep is obviously not enough to challenge a team as good as the US basketball team, but if these guys reach their full potential they can compete at the very least. So if the easy answer is "no", will they at least be able to compete with Spain and other European powerhouses?

WARRIORS@GR
06-28-2013, 07:19 AM
Challenge Team USA?lol

It's 3 unproven guys,and 2016 is too early.
Even if Wiggins is the next MJ,they won't do nothing in 2016.

NJrockPD
06-28-2013, 07:34 AM
I don't think we will be blowing everyone out like in years past, but we are still #1 in my opinion.

NYKalltheway
06-28-2013, 07:36 AM
I love how you single out Spain out of the international lot when the USA never lost to them while losing to Greece, Argentina and Puerto Rico among others.