PDA

View Full Version : Noel dropping to #6 proves that the bad teams don't know what they're doing

Sssmush
06-28-2013, 03:52 AM
As if we needed more proof... but this actually shows definitively that these teams don't suck because they are in "small markets" and whatnot, but because they just simply have no clue what they are doing and must be making their decisions based on watching ESPN or something.

LoL, if Lakers would've had the #1 pick, here's how long till they took Noel #1 *bam* just that fast, right there.

Noel is going to be going all Griffin / KG on the league in like 10 minutes. Hah hah hah Cleveland :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

PurpleJesus
06-28-2013, 03:55 AM
no, if the Lakers had the #1 pick in this draft, they would have traded it for Lebron James.

Guppyfighter
06-28-2013, 03:57 AM
Suns red flagged his knee.

Injuries are why he dropped.

Redskins10
06-28-2013, 04:05 AM
He'll be a bust though.

IndyRealist
06-28-2013, 04:07 AM
He could be the next KG, or he could be the next Greg Oden.

Kyben36
06-28-2013, 04:11 AM
little do you realize that he has really bad red flags on his health, he could be greg oden worries and thats why he droped.

he is also Tyrus Thomas clone honestly, how many deensive shot blocking big men have to get drafted till people realize that most of them need tons of work, and lots of them dont work out.

lamzoka
06-28-2013, 04:17 AM
right now nobody knows, only time will tell.

last year we all thought Nola picked the best player in the draft with #1 pick.
damien Lillrad > anthony davis

krisxsong
06-28-2013, 04:31 AM

I disagree with that. Davis had the better season and will be the superior player going forward.

Also, your sig is totally false. A bandwagon fan is a fan that picks one very good team to like and then moves onto another very good team once they get bored or they suck, hence the term bandWAGON.

If a kid isn't from LA, has never lived in LA, yet he watched the showtime Lakers as a kid and NEVER left as a fan, you cannot call him a bandwagon fan.

IndyRealist
06-28-2013, 04:38 AM
I disagree with that. Davis had the better season and will be the superior player going forward.
*snip*

Anthony Davis was probably better than Lillard last year, DL is just flashier and that grabs voters' attention. If Detroit wasn't so messed up, Andre Drummond could have been the ROY. He's my pick for best of that class.

Jtirado16
06-28-2013, 04:41 AM
Bobcats made the Biggest mistake by drafting Zeller that high. I was almost for certain that they would pick him.. but I guess he's knees are that bad

krisxsong
06-28-2013, 04:44 AM
Anthony Davis was probably better than Lillard last year, DL is just flashier and that grabs voters' attention. If Detroit wasn't so messed up, Andre Drummond could have been the ROY. He's my pick for best of that class.

Drummond should have started alongside Monroe, but oh well. I still pick Davis. It's funny, nobody wanted anything to do with Drummond during the draft. All fans were like "BUST BUST BUST, HE'S TRASH". But once they see him play a little they go "OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG ROY!"

More-Than-Most
06-28-2013, 04:56 AM
Most excited I have been as a sixer fan in a very long time

Sssmush
06-28-2013, 05:15 AM
Yeah I was just watching some Noel Kentucky highlights... I mean people are saying "he's just a defensive player" and all that.

I mean jeez, this guy is like turnaround tomahawk dunking from like 10 feet out. This guy is freakin' airborne, he is like some kind of Penny Hardaway / Dr. J or something. I mean this guy is gonna dunk on Dwight probably the first time they play.

Yeah he had a knee injury but they can fix those ACLs 100% good these days, and it was just the ACL injury. It's a clean fix, and it's a much better situation than something like with Bynum, where he has degenerative cartilege or whatever, or the Stoudemire bone/cartilege thing that just gets worse. The ACL can be fixed and it is just good to go.

Even if they decided to hold him out one entire year like the Clippers did with Griffin, which I really don't think they will, but even if they held him out one year he's going to be astonishing the league and an awesome player.

It's a really really clear cut example of one guy is an All Star possible hall of fame type talent, and the rest of the guys are potential role players all with question marks. There's really no excuse for not drafting that guy, and if you were going to draft Bennett then you should've traded down to 5, 6 or 7 or even lower, even if all you got back was a 1st rounder in two years or a 2nd rounder this year.

I bet they couldn't even trade Bennett for a 1st rounder next year at this point. Yeah Philadelphia hit the jackpot that is amazing.

jp611
06-28-2013, 05:22 AM
Noel is not a HOF caliber player

Let's just stop right there... At best he's Tyson Chandler

Bulls_fan90
06-28-2013, 05:26 AM

I guess that means Okafor > Dwight, am I right? So much wrong with this comment and your sig. I'm going to assume you're a troll and not bother writing a logical response.

sunsfan88
06-28-2013, 05:35 AM
Noel is gonna bust. He has Tyrus Thomas/Bismack Biyombo written all over him aka guys who can shot block and do NOTHING else.

And then the fact that he worse knees than Amare...LMAO! Even the Suns training staff (best in sports) red flagged his knees causing us to pass on him.

I can't believe the Sixers gave up a 23 year old 2 time All Star PG Jrue Holliday for him and instead will now have a 6-5 chucker who can't play D as their PG in MCW.

Does Philly have a fetish for injury prone big men or something? First Hawes, then Bynum and now Noel? Are they gonna trade for Oden next season?

When will they learn...

Guppyfighter
06-28-2013, 05:58 AM
Noel is gonna bust. He has Tyrus Thomas/Bismack Biyombo written all over him aka guys who can shot block and do NOTHING else.

And then the fact that he worse knees than Amare...LMAO! Even the Suns training staff (best in sports) red flagged his knees causing us to pass on him.

I can't believe the Sixers gave up a 23 year old 2 time All Star PG Jrue Holliday for him and instead will now have a 6-5 chucker who can't play D as their PG in MCW.

Does Philly have a fetish for injury prone big men or something? First Hawes, then Bynum and now Noel? Are they gonna trade for Oden next season?

When will they learn...

Holiday was god awful these last three years ranking in the bottom echelon of almost every single category. If you put his stats against other PG's, he gets killed. He's not good.

jam
06-28-2013, 06:17 AM
I just don't get the zeller hype. He looked like an absolute dog for indiana.

As far as noel, he looks to have superior defensive instincts. You just can't teach that. Combined with his freaky length, hops and speed, you've got a recipe for DPOY. If his knees hold up, he's going to be an absolute beast on the defensive end.

I can't see zeller being better than noel--that's a joke.

Bobcats made the Biggest mistake by drafting Zeller that high. I was almost for certain that they would pick him.. but I guess he's knees are that bad

Sssmush
06-28-2013, 06:47 AM
Yeah, this new "red flag" quote is being overplayed. First of all, the guy has amazing athleticism and then had one knee injury, a clean ACL injury. That's not the same has having deteriorating cartilege like a Bynum or Oden or Amare situation.

The ACL thing can be 100% fixed, just like D-Rose, and then it's fixed and that's that.

Second, who the heck is listening to the Phoenix Suns now. And again one blogger says "Phoenix red flagged Noel" and then it becomes like a talking point for everybody to explain how the next Blake Griffin dropped to #6 while some totally questionable center projects (projects in college even) got drafted higher. LoL Noel was one of the very best players in the country, dominating for Kentucky. He's not some canadian dude playing 20 minutes a game for Gonzaga or New Hampshire or whatever.

If you've seen him play, you realize that his crazy hops and huge wingspan and enormous hands make him a super great finisher around the hoop. You can't compare him to Chandler or anybody like that. He's different than Dwight because he's not that big or bulky like Dwight. He looks like a possible KG situation, or like a quicker and skinnier Griffin. Really his jumping and dunking ability remind me more of like Dr J highlights than anything else. Like WAAAAAYYYYYYY above the rim.

JasonJohnHorn
06-28-2013, 06:47 AM
The argument is flawed and misses out on obvious issues.

Noel is injured. With Yao, Bynum and Oden seeing their career derailed with similar injuries, nobody wanted to be the team that picked the injured guy who may never play a complete season. Noel is a HUGE gamble for medical reasons, despite how talented he might be. THAT is why he slipped in the draft and for not other reason. Had he been healthy, he would have went first overall without a doubt. You want to say a team is poorly run because it doesn't want to waste a first-round pick on a guy who may never play an NBA game?

sunsfan88
06-28-2013, 07:18 AM
Holiday was god awful these last three years ranking in the bottom echelon of almost every single category. If you put his stats against other PG's, he gets killed. He's not good.
If he was so bad then how did he get a contract extension from Philly and become an All Star?

Guppyfighter
06-28-2013, 07:25 AM
If he was so bad then how did he get a contract extension from Philly and become an All Star?

Because they didn't want him to get offered max and be put in a bad situation. Teams over pay for RFA's they think have potential.

And please stop with the nonsense that is the all star game. First off, he played in the East, second off, he was awful and him getting to play in the all star game doesn't mean a god damned thing.

mike_noodles
06-28-2013, 08:30 AM
I guess that means Okafor > Dwight, am I right? So much wrong with this comment and your sig. I'm going to assume you're a troll and not bother writing a logical response.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner. You nailed it.

jam
06-28-2013, 08:44 AM
Honestly, you should've just slept in.

Do you realize that the knee (noel) and the FOOT (yao) are different parts of the body?

You probably shouldn't cite "medical reasons" if you can' tell the difference. smh

The argument is flawed and misses out on obvious issues.

Noel is injured. With Yao, Bynum and Oden seeing their career derailed with similar injuries, nobody wanted to be the team that picked the injured guy who may never play a complete season. Noel is a HUGE gamble for medical reasons, despite how talented he might be. THAT is why he slipped in the draft and for not other reason. Had he been healthy, he would have went first overall without a doubt. You want to say a team is poorly run because it doesn't want to waste a first-round pick on a guy who may never play an NBA game?

ChiSox219
06-28-2013, 08:48 AM
It makes no sense to rush judgements on these picks just because they didnt go where the media predicted.

Kleonidas
06-28-2013, 09:08 AM
Honestly, you should've just slept in.

Do you realize that the knee (noel) and the FOOT (yao) are different parts of the body?

You probably shouldn't cite "medical reasons" if you can' tell the difference. smh

He was basing his argument on the fact that drafting big's with lower body problems is a serious gamble. Five NBA GM's agreed with him.

shen
06-28-2013, 09:17 AM
Noel weighs less then PG's. He has a single digit IQ. He is the worst offensive player in history. He got over hyped by dominating C's and PF's in SEC who where 6'6-6'8 with no athleticism. Noel will be out of the league and completely forgotten in a couple years.

THE MTL
06-28-2013, 09:20 AM
No he has bust written all over him. AcL surgery at 19? And even if he was healthy im not getting excited about a 7' footer who barely weighs 200lbs. What are these kids eating? Get ur weight up

king4day
06-28-2013, 09:22 AM
At this time, Noel will get bullied around. OP thinks LA would have selected him? Why? They have (had) two bigs and it's not a need. Currently his projection is Marcus Camby. Maybe he meets that, maybe better, maybe worse.
Blake Griffin was compared to be Karl Malone. Just because you wanted someone and think your team would have taken him doesn't mean the others made a bad decision. 6 teams passed on him for a reason. We'll see if it was worth it.

shen
06-28-2013, 09:28 AM
At this time, Noel will get bullied around. OP thinks LA would have selected him? Why? They have (had) two bigs and it's not a need. Currently his projection is Marcus Camby. Maybe he meets that, maybe better, maybe worse.
Blake Griffin was compared to be Karl Malone. Just because you wanted someone and think your team would have taken him doesn't mean the others made a bad decision. 6 teams passed on him for a reason. We'll see if it was worth it.

He will never be a fraction as good as Camby.

NJrockPD
06-28-2013, 09:30 AM
As if we needed more proof... but this actually shows definitively that these teams don't suck because they are in "small markets" and whatnot, but because they just simply have no clue what they are doing and must be making their decisions based on watching ESPN or something.

LoL, if Lakers would've had the #1 pick, here's how long till they took Noel #1 *bam* just that fast, right there.

Noel is going to be going all Griffin / KG on the league in like 10 minutes. Hah hah hah Cleveland :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

He weighs about 100lbs, he has had MULTIPLE knee injuries, and no offensive game. I'm not saying he can't be great, but he is in no way a sure thing. This thread only shows that you don't know what you're talking about if you think you can watch a highlight video online and think you know more than all of the scouts working for a NBA team.

Kleonidas
06-28-2013, 09:34 AM
Chris Mannix on the Dan Patrick show, just said Noel's knee and his entourage is the reason for his slide. Red flagged knee from the best medical staff in the business.

TheNumber37
06-28-2013, 09:40 AM
If the suns red flagged it. that's a concern.

c.c.
06-28-2013, 09:54 AM
He gonna get bullied in the paint

2-ONE-5
06-28-2013, 09:55 AM
hate that my team has Noel I am not a fan at all BUT he is in a good situation here in Philly. There is no pressure on him to get back on the court so fast and I hope he can prove me and teh rest of the fan base wrong.

What up Wiggins?

WHODAT8o8
06-28-2013, 10:30 AM

First of all Davis>Lillard
Secondly to your sig, Im from Hawaii. Who the hell can I cheer for then? I guess everyone from
Hawaii are bandwagoners. We dont have one Pro team.

jp611
06-28-2013, 10:32 AM
First of all Davis>Lillard
Secondly to your sig, Im from Hawaii. Who the hell can I cheer for then? I guess everyone from
Hawaii are bandwagoners. We dont have one Pro team.

I guess I can only root for the Iowa Barnstormers :(

I think someone doesn't know the definition of a bandwagon fan lol

lamzoka
06-28-2013, 11:51 AM

Also, your sig is totally false. A bandwagon fan is a fan that picks one very good team to like and then moves onto another very good team once they get bored or they suck, hence the term bandWAGON.

If a kid isn't from LA, has never lived in LA, yet he watched the showtime Lakers as a kid and NEVER left as a fan, you cannot call him a bandwagon fan.

I guess I can only root for the Iowa Barnstormers :(

I think someone doesn't know the definition of a bandwagon fan lol

that was meant for the fans that have a team in their cities.

for example in the 2000's half of my friends were lakers fans. now almost everybody is a heat fan. i never bumped in to someone who's rooting for the bobcats or pelicans (no disrespect to those fanbases).

what i meant with my sig is the only reason why you're rooting for another city's team its because that team is better than your hometown team.

now as far as lillard and davis we just gonna agree to disagree

BALLER R
06-28-2013, 11:57 AM
Brandon Roy ring a bell.

NYCkid12
06-28-2013, 12:05 PM
that was meant for the fans that have a team in their cities.

for example in the 2000's half of my friends were lakers fans. now almost everybody is a heat fan. i never bumped in to someone who's rooting for the bobcats or pelicans (no disrespect to those fanbases).

what i meant with my sig is the only reason why you're rooting for another city's team its because that team is better than your hometown team.

now as far as lillard and davis we just gonna agree to disagree

Most Knicks fans I know didn't have anything to do with basketball from about 2004-10 until amare and eventually Mello came to town......(btw not pointing you as one just making a point)

Jint.
06-28-2013, 12:10 PM
he's no Zeller, that's for sure

MrfadeawayJB
06-28-2013, 01:40 PM
I think he has bust written all over him. He could be a Larry Sanders type player, but i doubt it

DerekRE_3
06-28-2013, 01:41 PM
Being a 215 pound 7 footer doesn't help either.

Sssmush
06-28-2013, 07:13 PM
Noel weighs less then PG's. He has a single digit IQ. He is the worst offensive player in history. He got over hyped by dominating C's and PF's in SEC who where 6'6-6'8 with no athleticism. Noel will be out of the league and completely forgotten in a couple years.

Jeezus bro, watch some highlights of this dude at Kentucky. The comparisons should be more like Dr. J. If this dude catches the ball in transition fuggetaboutit *bam*. This isn't some Chandler/Bynum/Howard/Camby heavyweight type player; this guy is FREAKISHLY athletic, way more athletic even than Dwight Howard, although of course Howard is a larger body type. Think KG or Blake Griffin.

But yeah, sit him his rookie year like they did with Griffin, add some muscle, and get ready to roll the ESPN highlights "dunk of the year" and all that.

LoL Philly got Noel PLUS a 2014 first round pick. How ******** is that? And for a point guard they were never really that happy with anyway and was kind of a tweener for their system.

Philly draft grade: A+

Kashmir13579
06-28-2013, 07:15 PM
Or it means Nerlins was overrated before he had his ACL surgery.

Sssmush
06-28-2013, 07:18 PM
wtf, Rondo and Rose both actually are recovering from worse knee injuries. Are those guys washed out?

You can just tell, he isn't some slunky big man with crunchy knees like Bynum or Oden, this guy is super athletic and has tight tight tight super strong joints. He got hit with the ACL injury, but with modern surgery he will come back just as good as new no bad effects.

Play 20 years on that knee no problem.

HELLO. Even the most cynical experts said he has head and shoulders more upside than any other player in the draft, by far. Watch 3 minutes of Kentucky highlights and tell me do UCY.

RiceOnTheRun
06-28-2013, 07:20 PM
no, if the Lakers had the #1 pick in this draft, they would have traded it for Lebron James.

If Pat Riley suddenly got a case of Alzheimer's, Dementia and got hit by a truck simultaneously sure?

He could be the next KG, or he could be the next Greg Oden.

^

As of now, yeah. But big men tend to take longer to develop. It's not like he was a total **** player his first year either, he was very solid coming off an injury. Give him another 2-3 years and we can analyze it then. Not to mention he's scrawny as **** right now, once he puts on more weight we'll see how that goes.

Sssmush
06-28-2013, 07:22 PM
He weighs about 100lbs, he has had MULTIPLE knee injuries, and no offensive game. I'm not saying he can't be great, but he is in no way a sure thing. This thread only shows that you don't know what you're talking about if you think you can watch a highlight video online and think you know more than all of the scouts working for a NBA team.

Hah hah. Let's have this chat in February, and you can tell me how great Bennett is in Cleveland (who they could've gotten way lower) and how that slug that Charlotte drafted is doing in the NBA, how many points he averaging. And Len, Okadipo all these freakin' projects that are too slow, or too small, or can't defend or don't have a jump shot, or whatever.

Might as well be drafting #20 instead of #3 this year. And all those teams passed on Noel that is hella funny.

smith&wesson
06-28-2013, 07:26 PM
greg oden versian 2.0

Rush
06-28-2013, 08:30 PM
You really had to make this thread? There was a better way to create it.