PDA

View Full Version : NBA "Experts" that need to go away.

ThuglifeJ
06-28-2013, 03:07 AM
I'll start

-Chris Broussard
-Bill Simmons

*i'll update and edit in the collected list

jerellh528
06-28-2013, 03:09 AM
Bill Simmons #1 I can't believe that guy has a job?

DerekRE_3
06-28-2013, 03:11 AM
all of them

SugeKnight
06-28-2013, 03:16 AM
I ♥ Bill Simmons

JasonJohnHorn
06-28-2013, 03:38 AM
Flip for sure. That guy has no clue what he is talking about. Last year he suggest Rivers should go second in the draft. WTF?!?!?!?! And he acts like when LBJ has a big game it's because LBJ listened to what "Flip" said he should do. Um... Flip... I think LBJ knows what he is doing out there. He's the best basketball player on the planet. He doesn't need your advice.

FAWK!!!! That guy is annoying.

The problem is that so many speak in absolutes. I totally understand making polemic arguments, or making bold predictions based on potential, but making absolute statements is crazy.

bholly
06-28-2013, 03:45 AM
Simmons can be annoying, but he brought something seriously refreshing to the draft coverage. Thought he was great - made things so much more candid and honest, rather than the usual formula.

bholly
06-28-2013, 03:46 AM
Which one's Flip? The leather faced dude who argues with Stephen A Smith?

lamzoka
06-28-2013, 04:08 AM
magic johnson, bill simmons, wilbon, flip saunders, shaq, JB and all those idiots that do "Numbers Never Lie" these guys need to go

give me kenny smith, cwebb, chuck just because he's a clown and he's funny

broussard, marc stain, d aldridge these guys are not experts, they're nba insiders. they give us "news"... or rumors

IndyRealist
06-28-2013, 04:13 AM
Most of PSD.

rhino17
06-28-2013, 04:19 AM
I like Simmons a lot

Broussard, SAS, Magic, etc, all suck

lpdunks8
06-28-2013, 11:51 AM
Flip for sure. That guy has no clue what he is talking about. Last year he suggest Rivers should go second in the draft. WTF?!?!?!?! And he acts like when LBJ has a big game it's because LBJ listened to what "Flip" said he should do. Um... Flip... I think LBJ knows what he is doing out there. He's the best basketball player on the planet. He doesn't need your advice.

FAWK!!!! That guy is annoying.

The problem is that so many speak in absolutes. I totally understand making polemic arguments, or making bold predictions based on potential, but making absolute statements is crazy.

Flip Saunders? If so, you do know that he is now part owner/Senior VP/ GM of the Minnesota Timberwolves don't you?

BigBlueCrew
06-28-2013, 11:53 AM
Bill Simmons definitely

MrfadeawayJB
06-28-2013, 11:59 AM
Simmons can be annoying, but he brought something seriously refreshing to the draft coverage. Thought he was great - made things so much more candid and honest, rather than the usual formula.

Agreed Simmons does not hold back and speaks the truth

ManRam
06-28-2013, 12:01 PM
simmons is great.

static_inferno
06-28-2013, 12:03 PM
Everyone on espn is a hack.

b1e9a8r5s
06-28-2013, 12:04 PM
Simmons is the best thing ESPN has to offer. He's the only guy who's not affraid to speak the truth. He starts talking about the decsion and gets cut off. He wasn't affraid to say negative things about guys last night and didn't back down from Doc.

jon32
06-28-2013, 12:10 PM
Bill Simmons reminds me of Opie from Family Guy. He sounds like he never made it past 2nd grade

jericho
06-28-2013, 12:15 PM
I think Simmons is good. Can someone explain to me why they think otherwise?

b1e9a8r5s
06-28-2013, 12:22 PM
I think Simmons is good. Can someone explain to me why they think otherwise?

Honestly, I think it's just a backlash to becoming so popular. When he was on just on page 2, he wasn't as popular and it seemed like this cool writer you could tell your friends about. I remember him doing whole coloumns about his vegas trips with his buddies that had me LOLing at work. Now he's on ESPN countdown, has the BS report, runs grantland. He's a little over exposed and it's natural for people to grow tired of him. But I think if you are being objective, there's no way you can say he's a bad commentator.

ManningToTyree
06-28-2013, 12:27 PM
I don't like Simmons. He tries way to hard to be funny and is a complete Boston homer.

NYK|NYY
06-28-2013, 12:32 PM
I don't like Simmons. He tries way to hard to be funny and is a complete Boston homer.

See being a homer can come in two shapes. One, the closet homer that is, in my opinion much more annoying. And, secondly the open homer, what Simmons is, where he lets you know how tainted his opinions are. I prefer the second 10/10 times.

ThuglifeJ
06-28-2013, 06:52 PM
Simmons is a little whiny douche tho that hates everything in the world it seems like. The way he talks is so cynical. I get that he calls out controversial topics, but he proved last night he is beyond unprofessional. How does he earn a spot at draft night?

He literally blurted out a loud "WHAAT!" ghasp after Bennet was picked first. That right there is ridiculous. You know how many of these young players and their families look forward to this night? There entire dreams of making the NBA, and you have to have a little douche ruin the moment like that?
He continued the rest of the night to take shots at the second round picks.

These guys make the draft is a huge life accomplishment itself and he continues to take shots at all the kids in the draft. It may be funny to us but if you think about the players, kids, and the families it's really disrespectful. Think if they watch it with their kids when they grow up and hear Bill Simmons dumbass "yah..this guys might get waived a few times and grab a big rebounds and we will never hear about him again."

save that garbage for after the draft

RiceOnTheRun
06-28-2013, 06:59 PM
Simmons is a little whiny douche tho that hates everything in the world it seems like. The way he talks is so cynical. I get that he calls out controversial topics, but he proved last night he is beyond unprofessional. How does he earn a spot at draft night?

He literally blurted out a loud "WHAAT!" ghasp after Bennet was picked first. That right there is ridiculous. You know how many of these young players and their families look forward to this night? There entire dreams of making the NBA, and you have to have a little douche ruin the moment like that?

These guys make the draft is a huge life accomplishment itself and he continues to take shots at all the kids in the draft. It may be funny to us but if you think about the players, kids, and the families it's really disrespectful. Think if they watch it with their kids when they grow up and hear Bill Simmons dumbass "yah..this guys might get waived a few times and grab a big rebounds and we will never hear about him again."

I kinda appreciate that, probably because I'm a cynical douchebag, much like Bill Simmons but let's not fool ourselves into thinking that nobody was surprised by that pick. Bennett himself told the media he was just as surprised as anyone when he got drafted first. He's the type of guy you'd meet in a bar, that knows his NBA info. He's obviously homer but I guarantee every analyst is more or less, he just makes it clearly obvious. Obviously he wouldn't be allowed to go off on a rant about a team, but it's better than a closet homer, as some poster above said. Least he admits he roots for Boston.

If they can't handle a few comments on draft night, I don't see how they'll be able to handle an NBA career. He's giving his candid insight and it's not like he's flatout saying they have no shot, they haven't proven anything otherwise.

NYK|NYY
06-28-2013, 07:00 PM

Simmons is there to act like a real fan. They have Jay Bilas there for you're preferred analysis. Honestly, that reaction was the same echoed across almost all NBA fan's households last night, I thought it was nice to have an authentic reaction during the broadcast. And about taking "shots" at players, there is nothing wrong with pointing out negatives as these guys are about to be making milions of dollars, I mean, really, its the NBA and you're getting drafted, its not your wedding night, you need to have thick skin.

abe_froman
06-28-2013, 07:01 PM
you crazy hating on bill simmons,he's the most insightful,entertaining,and honest writers in nba history and his knowledge about the history is 2nd to none

and your *****ing about his reaction to the 1st pick,why? thats what everyone was saying/thinking

LakersMaster24
06-28-2013, 07:13 PM
I never liked Kenny Smith.

Simmons is alright, even though he is a Celtics fan :pity:

DR_1
06-28-2013, 07:31 PM
Most of PSD.

:laugh2:

ThaDubs
06-28-2013, 07:48 PM
People say Shaq needs to go and maybe be replaced with Webber. But I love Shaq <3

Mr_Jones
06-28-2013, 07:48 PM
Magic and Jalen. I honestly don't think they can see basketball from an analytical stance. They know what it's like to be in the league and all of the hidden tricks and secrets of being a player, but as far as evaluating players and analyzing games, they're as mediocre as they come.

Jordan is an example of how individual talent does not mean you know what the **** you're doing.

Mr_Jones
06-28-2013, 07:49 PM
you crazy hating on bill simmons,he's the most insightful,entertaining,and honest writers in nba history and his knowledge about the history is 2nd to none

and your *****ing about his reaction to the 1st pick,why? thats what everyone was saying/thinking

He can be a bit biased, but he is refreshingly honest in most cases.

kingofdaburbs19
06-28-2013, 08:07 PM
Everybody on here should say Jalen Rose. The man has never answered a question and when he answers a question to something completely off topic it makes no sense. Bill Simmons tries to be funny and he's not which is the only problem I have with him. And the fact he's a *******. Magic also needs to go everytime he talks I think of the scene in Billy Madison where the kid can't read. It's just brutal trying to listen to him

RLundi
06-28-2013, 08:13 PM
I love Bill Simmons.

Mike Wilbon, Jon Barry (I want him dead), Stephen A Smith (I respect his opinion but be professional), Shaq and Magic (AWFUL, can't speak English) all need to go.

Kenny Smith, Barkley, C-Webb, Tim Legler, Jalen Rose are all pretty good.

TheRazorboy
06-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Broussard is just horrendous. I'll literally run from another room to change the channel whenever he comes on, almost as a reflex.

Laidback_Scrapp
06-28-2013, 08:15 PM
only expert is Magic...everyone else are fcukin trolls

SlimKid
06-28-2013, 08:15 PM
Jalen & Wilbon for sure. Jalen struggles putting a coherent sentence together.

abe_froman
06-28-2013, 08:18 PM
He can be a bit biased, but he is refreshingly honest in most cases.
everyone has them even on air commentators ,the difference is they trying denying that they do and he's at least open and upfront about it.

oh and for hate has to be chris brousard,ric bucher i hate to,jalen rose ,screamin a smith

ThuglifeJ
06-28-2013, 08:39 PM
Broussard is just horrendous. I'll literally run from another room to change the channel whenever he comes on, almost as a reflex.

Haha. Same here. I literally cringe. I dont get how he still has the job either he's such an annoying immature dude.

Agree on the Stephen A Smith and sometimes Jalen. I hate Jalen's stories and Smith never ever can be wrong and then opens his annoying mouth.

Jon Barry is the biggest piece of scum and I have to listen to him on NBA tonight and what not. The look of him makes you want to punch something as well. But he knows about the game. I just hate hearing him.

Legler used to piss me off but he is actually really smart. I just think he's a tool. But most of these expert guys are.

I don't get the Magic hate really. I dont think he ever prepares for anything he says but he's at least a respectable NBA legend.

I think we all can agree CWebb is the most consistent and has the best insights.

NYK|NYY
06-28-2013, 09:39 PM
Haha. Same here. I literally cringe. I dont get how he still has the job either he's such an annoying immature dude.

Agree on the Stephen A Smith and sometimes Jalen. I hate Jalen's stories and Smith never ever can be wrong and then opens his annoying mouth.

Jon Barry is the biggest piece of scum and I have to listen to him on NBA tonight and what not. The look of him makes you want to punch something as well. But he knows about the game. I just hate hearing him.

Legler used to piss me off but he is actually really smart. I just think he's a tool. But most of these expert guys are.

I don't get the Magic hate really. I dont think he ever prepares for anything he says but he's at least a respectable NBA legend.

I think we all can agree CWebb is the most consistent and has the best insights.

Lol, it seems like you dislike most analysts. But to each their own, I guess. I enjoy analysts being upfront in their approach, as long as what they are saying is not completely outrageous.

--23--
06-28-2013, 10:30 PM
They're not experts only god is an expert.

But I'll go along with this thread. Broussard, Magic, Ric Bucher and Jalen Rose are some REALLY bad NBA analyst.

JerseyPalahniuk
06-28-2013, 10:52 PM
Although he's been a bonafide Nets hater the last 5 years, I respect Bill Simmons for all the reasons everyone else in the thread have. For voicing his opinion, not caring about what ESPN makes him say. Used to hate Jalen Rose, but he's starting to grow on me haha. Love hearing all the stories on the grantland youtube channel of what REALLY goes down in the locker room, clubs, etc. Pretty cool we get that point of view.

Hate Chris Broussard. Dude just spits out whatever he wants to get his name out there, he has no arguments when he's on First Take, and he just has the most punchable face on ESPN apart from Skip Bayless. Who I also think needs to go away.

And Doris Burke, for the love of god, please find someone else to interview the coaches/players hahah.

Redskins10
06-28-2013, 11:00 PM
Simmons is awesome.

Mr_Jones
06-28-2013, 11:20 PM

But I'll go along with this thread. Broussard, Magic, Ric Bucher and Jalen Rose are some REALLY bad NBA analyst.

God is a HUGE basketball fan

JerseyPalahniuk
06-28-2013, 11:49 PM

God wanted Lebron to win.

I Rock Shaqs
06-29-2013, 12:08 AM
I've never heard a black person say they like Bill Simmons....

Sadds The Gr8
06-29-2013, 12:12 AM
Simmons is the man. Do you guys want more

"This game will be a battle of wills! Whoever wants it more will win."
"Lebron needs to step up and be a scorer"
"Offense wins games, Defense wins championships"
"Whoever wins game 1 will win the series"

and other bull **** cliches for your analysts? That's basically what you're getting from Wilbon, Rose, Magic, SAS, Jon Barry, Broussard, and others at espn...Simmons is the only one thats different.

RiceOnTheRun
06-29-2013, 12:22 AM
Although he's been a bonafide Nets hater the last 5 years, I respect Bill Simmons for all the reasons everyone else in the thread have. For voicing his opinion, not caring about what ESPN makes him say. Used to hate Jalen Rose, but he's starting to grow on me haha. Love hearing all the stories on the grantland youtube channel of what REALLY goes down in the locker room, clubs, etc. Pretty cool we get that point of view.

Hate Chris Broussard. Dude just spits out whatever he wants to get his name out there, he has no arguments when he's on First Take, and he just has the most punchable face on ESPN apart from Skip Bayless. Who I also think needs to go away.

And Doris Burke, for the love of god, please find someone else to interview the coaches/players hahah.

Storytime with Jalen Rose. That's all I need to say.

Actually some of the most entertaining **** I've seen in years. Patrick Ewing's TV was perfect ahahaha.

zn23
06-29-2013, 12:28 AM
Jemele Hill... Does she count as an expert?

She is the worst "journalist" I have ever seen and heard. She's not witty, she tries too hard to be funny, she's just overall stupid.

JerseyPalahniuk
06-29-2013, 12:30 AM
Storytime with Jalen Rose. That's all I need to say.

Actually some of the most entertaining **** I've seen in years. Patrick Ewing's TV was perfect ahahaha.

Hahaha yeah man those are hilarious. That lady who narrates at the end is a weird addition to have too. Watching those videos made me like watching Jalen as an analyst.

49ersLALSFGiant
06-29-2013, 12:35 AM
Absolutely hate listening to bill Simmons and max Kellerman

DreamShaker
06-29-2013, 01:12 AM
Zach Lowe annoys me for some reason. He is a smart guy, but tries to be TOO smart, if that makes sense. He is kind of a hipster.

ArmLaker
06-29-2013, 01:25 AM
I can't stand Broussard. I think every last one of us PSD members can give better insight and analysis of the game as opposed to this illiterate moron. "My sources tell me this" gtfo with your fake grandma sources.

I think Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith are the most entertaining people in all of ESPN. IDK who can hate these two except if you're not into all the screamin'

TheSportMessiah
06-29-2013, 01:34 AM
Jalen Rose

Ware_Spencer
06-29-2013, 01:43 AM
If they truly were experts they would not be on tv or the radio. They would be getting paid not to entertain they would be getting paid to be GM's. And if GM's are truly experts they would have had consistent years of success and rebuilding a team to a contender.

I listen to analysts for entertainment not for educating on basketball. Bill Simmons and Jeff Van Gundy are funny and entertaining to me. I like listening to the honest approach to the game.

Bruno
06-30-2013, 05:14 AM
out of everyone whos in the public eye who talk about the NBA:

simmons, rose, c-web, wilbon and jvg are great.

magic chuck shaq kenny and stephen a. smith are alright.

broussard bayless and breen are the worst.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
06-30-2013, 09:13 AM
Zach Lowe annoys me for some reason. He is a smart guy, but tries to be TOO smart, if that makes sense. He is kind of a hipster.

Hahaha, I'm actually a fan of Lowe, but you hit the nail on the head with that one.

I Rock Shaqs
06-30-2013, 01:24 PM
out of everyone whos in the public eye who talk about the NBA:

simmons, rose, c-web, wilbon and jvg are great.

magic chuck shaq kenny and stephen a. smith are alright.

broussard bayless and breen are the worst.

Mike Breen is BY FARRRR the worst ever!

Greet
06-30-2013, 01:26 PM
Bill Simmons is more than an expert - he is a genius.

LeonFSU
06-30-2013, 02:10 PM
Whatever it is that Jon Barry does, he needs to stop.

Bruins2012
06-30-2013, 02:22 PM
Everyone on espn is a hack.

Its true. :cheers:

PacersForLife
06-30-2013, 05:18 PM
Simmons can be annoying at times, but he brings more personality than Wilbon, Magic, and Rose imo.

D-Leethal
06-30-2013, 05:40 PM
Simmons knows his **** but he doesn't hide his personal bias at all which is kind of BS for a National analyst. Its pretty unprofessional in my eyes, stuff like his temper tantrum at the draft should be deemed unacceptable.

Mr Costanza
06-30-2013, 06:00 PM
Without the experts with their sources and outlandish opinions this forum would only have threads about Lebron and Kobe.

Oh.

archdevil84
06-30-2013, 06:13 PM
marv alberts and steve kerr. i hate those two when they commentate on games