PDA

View Full Version : Report: Grizzlies trade Darrell Arthur to Nuggets for Kosta Koufos

spreadeagle
06-27-2013, 11:37 PM
Nuggets center Kosta Koufos has been traded to the Memphis Grizzlies, two NBA sources confirmed Thursday, in exchange for Darrell Arthur and the 55th pick in Thursday’s draft.One of the reasons (and there were several) that the Nuggets cited when parting ways with head coach George Karl was the fact that they were upset that Karl stubbornly started Kosta Koufos over a player who needed development in JaVale McGee.

That won’t be a problem for new coach Brian Shaw, since Denver has reportedly agreed to ship Koufos out of town. http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/27/report-grizzlies-trade-darrell-arthur-to-nuggets-for-kosta-koufos/

I Rock Shaqs
06-27-2013, 11:59 PM
Damn Marc Gasol might actually not have to play the entire game every night now.

spreadeagle
06-28-2013, 12:02 AM
Damn Marc Gasol might actually not have to play the entire game every night now.

More minutes for Ed Davis, he was really becoming a nice player in T.O before getting traded, he will impress some ppl with more minutes

Kyben36
06-28-2013, 12:03 AM
didtn Kufos start for them ?????. I think this means they are comitted to Mcgee.

MrfadeawayJB
06-28-2013, 12:05 AM
I like the move for the grizz

kblo247
06-28-2013, 12:15 AM
I like it for both sides. McGee gets to start and Arthur can be a fine sub big compared to Randolph, while Davis gets time in Memphis behind both bigs to form a three man set

3iverson3
06-28-2013, 12:22 AM
I like it for both teams. Grizz get a big for Gasol and we get a stretch four for Faried.

3iverson3
06-28-2013, 12:27 AM
any grizz fans that could give more insight into Arthur and what he brings?

Guppyfighter
06-28-2013, 06:27 AM
any grizz fans that could give more insight into Arthur and what he brings?

Shooter who can't shoot, yet.

IndyRealist
06-28-2013, 06:35 AM
Weird deal for Denver. Kofous is not a bad player, even if they are committed to McGee. Arthur has NOT been a good player to date. Moving Kofous to the bench would have been smarter.

BaddNewz
06-28-2013, 07:06 AM
Good move for the Grizz. I liked Arthur really lacked a personality on the court decent mid range ok post game nothing special. Koufos gets to play decent minutes behind marc and ed davis behind randolph.

kblo247
06-28-2013, 07:10 AM
Weird deal for Denver. Kofous is not a bad player, even if they are committed to McGee. Arthur has NOT been a good player to date. Moving Kofous to the bench would have been smarter.

Arthur was good when they made their playoff run without Rudy. He just suffered a horrible injury, a year of recovery could help

arlubas
06-28-2013, 09:02 AM
Terrible trade for my fellow Greek Koufos. He gets buried in a rotation with 2 of the best bigs in the whole NBA and a PF/C who the Grizz obviously want to get more minutes to, judging by the Arthur move. The Nuggets are stupid as well with this move, I get they wanted to promote McGee to a starting role but they could've definitely used Kostas as a solid backup big, especially with the uncontrollable character of Javalle.

setman2000
06-28-2013, 09:24 AM
Koufos started for Denver last season, but the Nuggets have big-money big man JaVale McGee under contract and Timofey Mozgov is a restricted free agent. The plan, even with fired coach George Karl, was likely to start McGee.

"We're excited about having Mozgov back. We tendered him a qualifying offer," Connelly said. "It allows us to have right of refusal, and looking forward to getting with his representatives (to sign a contract)."

Asked about essentially choosing between Koufos and Mozgov as a backup center, Connelly said: "I'm a big believer in consensus decision-making. There were pros and cons about both players. But we wanted to see what was behind the door with Timofey and run with it."

Koufos, who was a hard worker for Denver, averaged 8.0 points and 6.9 rebounds in 22.4 minutes. But Koufos was lackluster in the first round against the Golden State Warriors, averaging 3.3 points and 3.5 rebounds in 16.7 minutes.

Hawkeye15
06-28-2013, 09:43 AM
Don't like it for Denver, love it for Memphis.

Mudvayne91
06-28-2013, 07:16 PM
Perhaps Shaw doesn't want a soft 7' guy on both sides of the ball

WadeKobe
06-28-2013, 07:58 PM
This is one of the worst trades imaginable for Denver. They have 3 incredibly productive bigs in Koufas, Farried, and McGee. With 96 minutes a game between 4/5, there is more than enough minutes to go around for all 3 (32 each).

If they wanted more minutes for McGee (he shoulda had more minutes) the answer isn't getting rid of Koufas, it is replacing a coach who had no idea how to employ lineups that allowed maximum time for all 3 (Karl) with a capable coach who was willing and able to do so.

Bad trade for Denver.