View Full Version : The Kings will not match any offers for Tyreke Evans

ThunderousDemon
06-27-2013, 06:39 PM
https://twitter.com/CarmichaelDave/status/349972197470777344

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1615/tyreke-evans

Discuss.

TrueFan420
06-27-2013, 06:47 PM
Bet money if someone offered him vet min they'd match but yea it makes sense he isn't worth that much and its prob best for him to leave as well. Remember when people said he was better than curry.

mgsports
06-27-2013, 06:50 PM
Maybe try Trade him tonight and get something in return like 1st Pick.

TrueFan420
06-27-2013, 06:52 PM

They couldn't get a first for him

sep11ie
06-27-2013, 06:54 PM

You should make a thread about it.

Jenceman
06-27-2013, 07:10 PM
Such an odd decline for Evans. Never played as well as he did in his rookie season.

beasted86
06-27-2013, 07:12 PM
Would be smart. I feel he is just a rich mans Rodney Stuckey waiting to be a bad contract.

He isn't worth more than his $7M qualifying offer.

abe_froman
06-27-2013, 07:15 PM
should have traded him,but it's def a no brainer

DaLakerz Rulz
06-27-2013, 07:16 PM
Such an odd decline for Evans. Never played as well as he did in his rookie season.

It wasn't really a drastic decline though. In fact his advanced stats last season have mostly all improved from his first year. He was just playing less minutes so he hasn't averaged the same numbers.

D-Leethal
06-27-2013, 07:22 PM
I would imagine he signed a 1 year deal with 2nd year PO and tries to up his value before signing a contract.

I Rock Shaqs
06-27-2013, 07:24 PM
You should make a thread about it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!! i get it.

Hawkeye15
06-27-2013, 07:30 PM
Reke was not coached well, was part of a system in flux, and still has talent. All star talent? Nah, but he can be a player. If the right team can get him and use him as a 6th man type, could be a nice steal.

$4-5 million per year is what he SHOULD command, but I can never tell with the NBA. Some guys you think shouldn't be making much money get stupid deals.

xxplayerxx23
06-27-2013, 07:52 PM
Tyreke needs a change of scenery. He is a star in the making. He gets to the rim at ease such a talented player. If he goes to the right team with vets/coaching I think he will work out well for a team

kyubi256
06-27-2013, 07:54 PM
Still love his talent

Showtime Steve
06-27-2013, 08:14 PM
If we're stuck with D Antoni I'd give Reke our vet min.

TrueFan420
06-27-2013, 08:21 PM
If we're stuck with D Antoni I'd give Reke our vet min.

He will get more than a vet min.

DerekRE_3
06-28-2013, 12:21 AM
Reke was not coached well, was part of a system in flux, and still has talent. All star talent? Nah, but he can be a player. If the right team can get him and use him as a 6th man type, could be a nice steal.

$4-5 million per year is what he SHOULD command, but I can never tell with the NBA. Some guys you think shouldn't be making much money get stupid deals.

I'm sure some team will think they can fix him (maybe they can) and will pay him for what he should be, not what he is. If that's the case, then he's gone. If he went to a team like the Spurs I bet they could turn him into a very nice replacement for Manu.

This thread title is very misleading btw.

FriedTofuz
06-28-2013, 12:25 AM
go the spurs

IndyRealist
06-28-2013, 01:02 AM
Evans had a good year, statistically. What I don't understand is, if you're not going to match an offer, why extend a qualifying offer in the first place?

Sactown
06-28-2013, 01:17 AM
Evans had a good year, statistically. What I don't understand is, if you're not going to match an offer, why extend a qualifying offer in the first place?

This confuses me as well, he's been working with new personnel lately, Idk how accurate this is.. At first I heard they were going to match anything... Definitely conflicting reports.

IversonIsKrazy
06-28-2013, 01:32 AM
Id like to see a chance of scenery for this player, a place where he can excel.

IndyRealist
06-28-2013, 01:34 AM
If your team needs a combo guard off the bench, throwing the MLE at Evans would be a good value move.

DerekRE_3
06-28-2013, 02:01 AM
This confuses me as well, he's been working with new personnel lately, Idk how accurate this is.. At first I heard they were going to match anything... Definitely conflicting reports.

If someone signs him to a what they feel is a reasonable contract, they will match. If a team offers him more than they think he is worth, then they won't. It's not complicated.

Now maybe the front office doesn't value him that much at all. We'll find out soon enough.

broncosfan4eva
06-28-2013, 04:40 AM
i hope the lakers put that MLE on him, can fill in multiple positions and brings a little youth to the team.

FarOutIos
06-28-2013, 05:33 AM
As a kings fan, I think the draft really shaped our decision making with tyreke. We were fully prepared to take CJ McCollum @#7. CJ and tyreke would be. Good combo. So we extended the offer to tyree.

Once we were able to get Ben, who pays SG just like tyreke, we then realized tyreke s expendable. I could see us doing a sign and trade for a SF... Or just lose him and sign a FA. I know Ellis has been rumored as a possibility.

Either way, with tyreke, Ben, Thornton, jimmer, Isaiah and ray McCollum... We definitely have too many guards.

Meaze_Gibson
06-28-2013, 05:53 AM
Dude still plays exceptional defense and looked like he found a jumpshot towards the end of the year. Would excel at a 6th man type role but his defense, length, and build is good enough to be coached into a starting lockdown defender as well. 6 to 8 million for me.

arlubas
06-28-2013, 08:57 AM
Id like to see a chance of scenery for this player, a place where he can excel.
The Kings organization may be terrible the past few years but Tyreke's decline isn't on them. A person that spent about 2 weeks with him because he was shooting some sort of small film on him said that this guy has the worst entourage ever, meaning he has quite a few of his homeboys from back home living in his house, partying it up every single night and living the good life with Reke's money. He doesn't seem to want to escape this sort of lifestyle which is why he hasn't developed one bit all these years and why he has never even touched the numbers of his rookie season.

Dude needs a new mentality or else he's gonna be a distant memory in 4-5 years time.

Chronz
06-28-2013, 09:36 AM
Charlotte needs to get on this. The guy could be a stud, his numbers last year were better than his rookie season when everyone was fawning over him. Amazing what more winning and less minutes do to your hype tho

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-28-2013, 10:07 AM
The Kings organization may be terrible the past few years but Tyreke's decline isn't on them. A person that spent about 2 weeks with him because he was shooting some sort of small film on him said that this guy has the worst entourage ever, meaning he has quite a few of his homeboys from back home living in his house, partying it up every single night and living the good life with Reke's money. He doesn't seem to want to escape this sort of lifestyle which is why he hasn't developed one bit all these years and why he has never even touched the numbers of his rookie season.

Dude needs a new mentality or else he's gonna be a distant memory in 4-5 years time.

He actually played well last year. His minutes were decreased which is why his volume stats were down, but last year he was about as good as he was during his rookie year, maybe slightly better.

The problem is that he just hasn't improved enough. I don't think he is worse now then he was before, but he just didn't improve like a young, promising player should.

Having said that, he is still very young and maybe with this new coaching staff the Kings have, he will excel.

Regardless, he is a solid player and I doubt he will be a "distant memory" in 4-5 years.

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-28-2013, 10:10 AM
If someone signs him to a what they feel is a reasonable contract, they will match. If a team offers him more than they think he is worth, then they won't. It's not complicated.

Now maybe the front office doesn't value him that much at all. We'll find out soon enough.

Yeah it will be interesting to see how they approach it.

At this point, you just have to put your trust in the new regime. They all come highly regarded afterall.

arlubas
06-28-2013, 10:46 AM
Regardless, he is a solid player and I doubt he will be a "distant memory" in 4-5 years.
I said if he doesn't change his attitude and mindset. The lifestyle he lives isn't suited for a professional athlete. If he keeps up like he lives up until now, it will eventually catch up with him in the end. However I will agree with you that he did play pretty well last year, for the time he was on the floor.

JLynn943
06-28-2013, 10:50 AM
I really want to keep him. He shot much better last year (probably his best year in the league even though the volume stats aren't as impressive as his rookie year), and now Chris Jent is a part of our coaching staff and can help him continue to improve. Tyreke is too talented to give up imo. He does everything and can play 1-3, he just needs to keep improving his shot and maintain confidence in it. With a real coach and offensive system with Malone, Tyreke should do well. I'd pay him and start him either at the 1 or 2.

Stunner
06-28-2013, 11:09 AM
I'll do Deng for Evans straight up , good deal for both teams .

DerekRE_3
06-28-2013, 11:17 AM
Yeah it will be interesting to see how they approach it.

At this point, you just have to put your trust in the new regime. They all come highly regarded afterall.

I just don't know how other teams value him. Is he a $10 mil a year player? I personally wouldn't sign him to that but maybe someone does with the hope that they can get him to realize his potential. The talent is all there, he just hasn't put it together. And some of that falls on the Kings previous regime. I don't think the pieces or environment was there for many players to succeed in the last few years. Hopefully that changes.

DerekRE_3
06-28-2013, 11:18 AM
I'll do Deng for Evans straight up , good deal for both teams .

I'd do that. Want to take Salmons back too?

Stunner
06-28-2013, 11:19 AM
I'd do that. Want to take Salmons back too?

Nope

DerekRE_3
06-28-2013, 11:21 AM
Nope

It's only fair. Trust me, Salmons is great.

Stunner
06-28-2013, 11:23 AM
It's only fair. Trust me, Salmons is great.

We had Salmons remember .......

DerekRE_3
06-28-2013, 11:24 AM
We had Salmons remember .......

I know, and he's 10x better now than he was then. He's like a fine wine.

rapjuicer06
06-28-2013, 11:29 AM
I would love Evans with Orlando. Put him back in that PG role and let him go back to being him.

Stunner
06-28-2013, 11:31 AM
I know, and he's 10x better now than he was then. He's like a fine wine.

Bye Derek LMFAO

*Silver&Black*
06-28-2013, 04:47 PM
Evans will prob be a Hawk next season.

KingPosey
06-28-2013, 04:54 PM
Would be smart. I feel he is just a rich mans Rodney Stuckey waiting to be a bad contract.

He isn't worth more than his $7M qualifying offer.
He really is more of a poor mans Dwayne Wade, that never got better or had the same drive that made Wade the player he became.

MassoDio
06-28-2013, 05:50 PM
I like Evans talent. I have not been impressed with his work ethic, or decisions off the court. Mainly his decision of who he keeps as hangers-on in his personal life.

Not that he has necessarily done anything wrong, just that he has not figured out that he needs to surround himself with people who will not impede his progress as a professional. It is fine to be loyal to your friends, but only to a point. If they are just using you, or you simply can't seem to change your life for the better with them around, it is time to make the tough decision to let them go.

Too many professional athletes falter because they can't leave behind the life they grew up in. There is a difference between loyalty and ignorance.

I feel like Evans has all the ability in the world, but needs to have improved a lot more than he has to this point. That spells bad work ethic, when considering his talent.

If he develops a better, more consistent jump shot, and changes his work ethic and drive to become better, dude is going to be incredibly good. If he doesn't, getting by on talent alone will not last long.

And I would also do the Deng for Evans trade, and hope playing under Thibs helps those issues.

IversonIsKrazy
06-28-2013, 06:01 PM
Tyreke Evans in San Antonio to fill the role of which Manu is no longer good at would be REAL interesting.

Chairman7w
06-28-2013, 06:25 PM

Let that be a reminder for those that like to say, "And just think, he's only gonna get better!" any time a young player shows promise.

Bellarom
06-28-2013, 06:32 PM
What happened to this guy? He was really good his rookie year, was it the coach?

IndyRealist
06-28-2013, 06:34 PM
3 years later, I can't believe people still don't realize Evans was force fed his rookie year to get him "historic" stats as a marketing gimmick.

Manimal
06-29-2013, 04:52 AM
Micheal Beasley got a 3-yr 18M deal last year. Tyreke will surely get a better deal.

JEDean89
06-29-2013, 05:05 AM
3 years later, I can't believe people still don't realize Evans was force fed his rookie year to get him "historic" stats as a marketing gimmick.

wtf are you talking about? dude averaged 20 5 and 5 his rookie year on 46%, no one can "force feed" those stats. this is just straight disrespect. reke was awesome his rookie year, i remember single handidly beating the melo led nuggets. he got plantar fascitis one of the hardest injuries to fully heal from. him at a 100% is on James Harden's level, yes he is.