PDA

View Full Version : Blazers want Horford, Anothony Davis, Brook Lopez or Griffin for Aldridge

Dade County
06-27-2013, 03:58 PM
Throughout this summer, there have been rumors the Trail Blazers might trade LaMarcus Aldridge, and I’m not the least bit surprised.

Not that I believe general manager Neil Olshey is looking to move the star power forward. But I believe Aldridge wants out.

Will it result in a trade during Thursday’s NBA Draft?

I doubt it, unless it includes Portland getting either Atlanta’s Al Horford, New Orleans’ Anthony Davis, New Jersey’s Brook Lopez, or the Clippers’ Blake Griffin.

See, Aldridge wants to end his seven-year run with the Blazers because he thinks Portland is too small. Too boring.

But Olshey is not in the business to make players happy. He is in the business of making the Blazers better. And if there has been one consistent with Aldridge throughout his seven years in Portland, it’s that he puts up somewhere around 21 points and 8 rebounds a game whether he is happy, unhappy or indifferent to what direction the Blazers are headed.

Still, it is an interesting proposition for Olshey as he embarks on his second summer of reshaping the franchise. Aldridge has two years remaining on his contract in Portland. He has no leverage to demand a trade right now. But he will after this season, when he can enter his final season in Portland with a threat to walk into free agency, leaving the Blazers with nothing in return, except for some salary cap relief.

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2013/06/blazers_insider_although_lamar.html

I think if the Hawks can make this trade happen; Howard will coma knock'en... Then maybe followed up by Cp3.

Cp3
Aldridge
Howard

Then you just build around them... I don't believe Clippers will trade Blake.

iliketurtles24
06-27-2013, 04:00 PM
http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2013/06/blazers_insider_although_lamar.html

I think if the Hawks can make this trade happen; Howard will coma knock'en... Then maybe followed up by Cp3.

Cp3
Aldridge
Howard

is that big 3 better than miami's big 3?

Clippersfan86
06-27-2013, 04:01 PM
Hawks should do this in a second. Nets should consider. Clippers and Hornets say go to hell.

29$JerZ
06-27-2013, 04:02 PM
I think Dwight is going to Texas. I don't see Paul leaving.
He really should go to Atlanta. That division is awful after Miami.

flgatorsandjags
06-27-2013, 04:04 PM

Depends on if D Wade is healthy next year or not

JeffG20
06-27-2013, 04:04 PM
Lol at trying to get UniBrow

Sandman
06-27-2013, 04:05 PM

with the right wings (3pt + defense) I think they'd destroy Miami H2H until Miami has a legit post player, but Miami might still take the division.

PG & C easily Miami's biggest weaknesses PLUS the little cat and mouse game they try to play pulling bigs out of the paint with Bosh won't work with Aldridge AND Howard.

KnickaBocka.44
06-27-2013, 04:06 PM
I don't understand why the Blazers are acting like they're in the drivers seat here, naming names. Now that Aldridge has gone public, it depends on who has interest.

Unless there is more coming in other than Aldridge, he doesn't represent a massive upgrade over anyone mentioned. If I am any of those teams I would tell Portland to suck it.

flea
06-27-2013, 04:08 PM
Atlanta is building around Horford, and he's a better player to build around because he's versatile. I'd actually trade all the other names before I would Horford (except Davis).

Dade County
06-27-2013, 04:12 PM

Cp3 & Wade both have knee injures (off & on)

I have noting to say about Bosh; Aldridge will benefit greatly playing alongside Howard.

Lbj over shadows Howard ( I'm talking about the go to man on the team ).

HEAT can't stop Cp3 ( maybe for short periods of times only), he breaks down are defense. Howard would dominate the middle against us, like any other elite center (HEAT would have to get him in foul trouble).

Howard & Aldridge is better then West & Hibbert, so the HEAT would have major problems.

flgatorsandjags
06-27-2013, 04:12 PM
The only one I would trade is Lopez

abe_froman
06-27-2013, 04:16 PM
with the exception of nj, no way they get any of those players for aldridge,portland would get turned down within a minute

abe_froman
06-27-2013, 04:18 PM

Cp3
Aldridge
Howard

just move horford to the 4,no need to trade him

...but howard doesnt want to go to atl,thats been widely reported

king4day
06-27-2013, 04:21 PM
Brooklyn needs to consider this if the KG deal doesn't happen.

KniCks4LiFe
06-27-2013, 04:28 PM
Brooklyn needs to consider this if the KG deal doesn't happen.

If POR listens to that distant sound in the background it's Deron William's balls standing up. :surrender:

b@llhog24
06-27-2013, 04:28 PM
Lateral move at best for whichever party is involved.

Cracka2HI!
06-27-2013, 04:43 PM
I'm sure they can get DJ and Bledsoe for Aldridge.

flea
06-27-2013, 04:56 PM
Why would they want a backup point guard and a backup center for their all-star?

FriedTofuz
06-27-2013, 05:13 PM

why would they do such a trade? The only trades that appeal to them are clearly borderline/ all star centers and power forwards, not backup people with monster contracts. People need to understand a trade is to help both teams, and to get in a trade, you HAVE TO GIVE. Stop offering trash

Jarvo
06-27-2013, 05:15 PM
I would trade LMA for Blake in a ****ing heartbeat.

Oldmantrash
06-27-2013, 05:17 PM
I would rather keep Lopez.

Red Hot Rolllin
06-27-2013, 05:18 PM
Aldridge hasn't gone public its all our dumb beat writers putting words in his mouth and going public with a friend close to craps says... LMA is a pros pro and never complains.

I want a Oladipo Lillard backcourt.... and if we can add Thompson too

call Blazers CAVS lets talk!!!!

kozelkid
06-27-2013, 05:39 PM
with the exception of nj, no way they get any of those players for aldridge,portland would get turned down within a minute

Remember what I told you, Abe.

FraziersKnicks
06-27-2013, 05:46 PM
And here's people thinking they could get Aldridge for deals centered around Gasol or Deng :laugh2:

Cracka2HI!
06-27-2013, 06:11 PM
why would they do such a trade? The only trades that appeal to them are clearly borderline/ all star centers and power forwards, not backup people with monster contracts. People need to understand a trade is to help both teams, and to get in a trade, you HAVE TO GIVE. Stop offering trash

What a stupid thing to say. I'm a poster on a website. I can't offer Portland anything. There is nothing wrong with posting an idea albiet somewhat sarcastically. Laker fan has posted 95448626734676485169561 worse trade ideas on this site than that one.

FriedTofuz
06-27-2013, 06:20 PM
What a stupid thing to say. I'm a poster on a website. I can't offer Portland anything. There is nothing wrong with posting an idea albiet somewhat sarcastically. Laker fan has posted 95448626734676485169561 worse trade ideas on this site than that one.

what's the point of suggesting a completly unrealistic idea? what's the point in that, will that stimulate further discussion. Why construct a trade without any sense to it, or at least rebuttal why you suggested such a trade. you dont hear me offering Earl Clark + MWP for Griffen do you?

*Silver&Black*
06-27-2013, 06:23 PM
Would rather keep Horford. He can play center and PF, and has shown to be an all-star doing it, on a team friendly contract.

*Silver&Black*
06-27-2013, 06:27 PM
...but howard doesnt want to go to atl,thats been widely reported

Weird seeing that there is a new report today saying he will visit. I don't listen to that "Multiple Sources" ESPN bias reporting.

tr3ymill3r
06-27-2013, 06:40 PM

Are you going to trade for both Dwight and Aldridge? You need at least 5 guys out there to be somewhat competitive even if you only have 3 LeBrons or 3 Jordans.

abe_froman
06-27-2013, 07:01 PM
Remember what I told you, Abe.

just because thats whats being said here doesnt mean hats what is going to happen,hell i bet you that he'll be traded for alot different/less.

my guess a combo of picks,expirings and a young big with potential

jrm2054
06-27-2013, 08:21 PM
La for Lopez would be ok with me but I am perfectly fine not doing it either

archdevil84
06-27-2013, 08:42 PM
Please trade him for bosh!!!

Avenged
06-27-2013, 08:44 PM
Fuh.. The only one you don't trade for if you're Portland is Horford.

Avenged
06-27-2013, 08:45 PM

that would be a huge steal for the Clippers.. Blake for Aldridge is even.

IndiansFan337
06-27-2013, 08:54 PM
Well, they aren't going to get any of those guys for him. They should have asked the Cavs for the offer they gave to Minny for Love.

Cracka2HI!
06-27-2013, 11:24 PM
what's the point of suggesting a completly unrealistic idea? what's the point in that, will that stimulate further discussion. Why construct a trade without any sense to it, or at least rebuttal why you suggested such a trade. you dont hear me offering Earl Clark + MWP for Griffen do you?
Yea cause that's the same type of trade. :rolleyes:

Fuh.. The only one you don't trade for if you're Portland is Horford.I was actually just kidding...and I wouldn't trade Blake for him. On the court that probably wouldn't be a bad move but Blake's worth more as a cash cow than player. If I were an NBA owner I would never trade Blake. He still the most physically gifted to enter the league since LeBron and is a hard worker. He will be a star on the court soon enough.