PDA

View Full Version : "Little" Chance Howard Stays In Los Angeles

Clippersfan86
06-27-2013, 09:58 AM
It was reported by Broussard but since then multiple others have come out and claimed their so called sources have confirmed the reports as true. Broussard should be taken with a grain of salt but if this is true by any chance it's kind of sad for the Lakers. Houston or Dallas will be great fits though.

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 1h
Sources: Dwight Howard unlikely to re-sign with the Lakers. Dallas and Houston the favorites. Main issue w/Lakers is Mike D'Antoni's system

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 59m
Hearing strong that Lakers have little chance. Can't write them off completely, tho, because of D12's notorious indecisiveness.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9427945/los-angeles-lakers-not-likely-re-sign-dwight-howard-sources-say

gatkins11
06-27-2013, 10:02 AM
Seems to me like a sign & trade to Clippers power play. However, I think the Lakers will call D12's bluff and keep their 2014 cap space intact. Just my opinion.

ichitownclowni
06-27-2013, 10:02 AM
The guy has an issue with something one way or another

Clippersfan86
06-27-2013, 10:04 AM
The guy has an issue with something one way or another

The wind blows the wrong way and Dwight will say the Lakers offended him. Everybody knew he was a headcase in Orlando, now the world is starting to see how ****** he is as a teammate, leader. He's a 2nd option who claims to want to be THE man but when he is... doesn't like the pressure. Something else important to note is Dwight's options shrunk bigtime when the Clippers got Doc, all but locking up CP3.

Now that cuts out the Atlanta angle. Dallas still needs to renounce players and clear a spot or two. Houston's system is perimeter based, not sure if he will get what he is expecting. In other words... he will be unhappy everywhere because that's just who he is.

gatkins11
06-27-2013, 10:09 AM
The wind blows the wrong way and Dwight will say the Lakers offended him. Everybody knew he was a headcase in Orlando, now the world is starting to see how ****** he is as a teammate, leader. He's a 2nd option who claims to want to be THE man but when he is... doesn't like the pressure. Something else important to note is Dwight's options shrunk bigtime when the Clippers got Doc, all but locking up CP3.

Now that cuts out the Atlanta angle. Dallas still needs to renounce players and clear a spot or two. Houston's system is perimeter based, not sure if he will get what he is expecting. In other words... he will be unhappy everywhere because that's just who he is.

Dallas is a VC giveaway from being able to sign him to a max deal if the cap is set at $58.5.

sunsfan88
06-27-2013, 10:09 AM
I don't understand why he wants to go to Dallas so bad. Their a bad team. If he wants to go be "The man" on a bad team why not go to the Bobcats or something? Play for MJ the greatest player of all time, they have good young complimentary pieces in Kemba and MKG...he would probably get a boner at the thought of being the first superstar that a franchise (Bobcats) have ever had. He could be their best player in franchise history when he retires.

The Wizards are a good fit too if they clear cap space. Howard, Wall and Beal would be maybe the 2nd or 3rd best team in the conference.

Or he can go to Minny and pair up with Love. Or Philly with Holliday. CLE with Irving and Waiters doesn't sound so bad either but they do have the reputation of not being able please superstars so he may decide no on that one.

Clippersfan86
06-27-2013, 10:11 AM
Dallas is a VC giveaway from being able to sign him to a max deal if the cap is set at $58.5.

Yea if you think about it Dallas is easily the best fit. They run their offense through Dirk in the high post and Dwight would be an amazing compliment, especially defensively. Plus he will get to be THE man post Dirk. Houston's Run N Gun style is a very very odd fit. If you slow it down for Dwight, Harden will struggle.

Stunner
06-27-2013, 10:11 AM
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/350235529557721088

Metsboi69
06-27-2013, 10:12 AM
He never wanted to go to LA, and the franchise had a horrendous season. Is this really a surprise?

hidalgo
06-27-2013, 10:13 AM
Chrish Broussard's track record with this stuff is horrible, so just watch, he's gonna re-sign with the Lakers

just like last summer he said Dwight was likely to sign with the Nets

gatkins11
06-27-2013, 10:13 AM
I don't understand why he wants to go to Dallas so bad. Their a bad team. If he wants to go be "The man" on a bad team why not go to the Bobcats or something? Play for MJ the greatest player of all time, they have good young complimentary pieces in Kemba and MKG...he would probably get a boner at the thought of being the first superstar that a franchise (Bobcats) have ever had. He could be their best player in franchise history when he retires.

The Wizards are a good fit too if they clear cap space. Howard, Wall and Beal would be maybe the 2nd or 3rd best team in the conference.

Or he can go to Minny and pair up with Love. Or Philly with Holliday. CLE with Irving and Waiters doesn't sound so bad either but they do have the reputation of not being able please superstars so he may decide no on that one.

Dallas has cap space and future flexibility, especially in 2014. They were a bad team by their standards last year, but Dirk did miss considerable time and they had eight guys on one year deals. Plus it's a big city and has an owner with a good rapport with players. I can see the lure, but at the end of the day I don't think it's likely he ends up there.

gatkins11
06-27-2013, 10:14 AM
Yea if you think about it Dallas is easily the best fit. They run their offense through Dirk in the high post and Dwight would be an amazing compliment, especially defensively. Plus he will get to be THE man post Dirk. Houston's Run N Gun style is a very very odd fit. If you slow it down for Dwight, Harden will struggle.

My thoughts exactly. If they can bring in some shooters and spread the floor that much more it would be an amazing fit.

wordup45
06-27-2013, 10:15 AM
There is a God!

nickdymez
06-27-2013, 10:15 AM
Oh well......

Jtirado16
06-27-2013, 10:16 AM
Last year Chris reported that Dwight was likely to go to the Nets & look where he ended up...

Don't ever trust with this guy says. This guy sources are random people off the street.

So now that he says Dwight isn't coming back I fully expect him to sign long term here

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-27-2013, 10:17 AM
Haha so awesome ....

Clippersfan86
06-27-2013, 10:18 AM
Last year Chris reported that Dwight was likely to go to the Nets & look where he ended up...

Don't ever trust with this guy says. This guy sources are random people off the street.

So now that he says Dwight isn't coming back I fully expect him to sign long term here

Hence my disclaimer in the OP lol. Broussard can't tell his balls from his ***... but still interesting story.

shep33
06-27-2013, 10:22 AM
Ah well

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-27-2013, 10:24 AM

enough with the crappy excuses. Last year dwight couldn't sign anywhere he had to be traded it wasn't his choice where he was traded so maybe Chris B was wrong last year because Orlando made the decision. now it's completely up to dwight

Chronz
06-27-2013, 10:25 AM
If he wants to go be "The man" on a bad team why not go to the Bobcats or something? Play for MJ the greatest player of all time,

Lets not get absurd now

shep33
06-27-2013, 10:26 AM
If he's gonna leave, he should probably go back east. Dude is getting exposed out west playing against other bigs.

Unless it's the Clips, I don't see him putting any team over the top out west.

rhino17
06-27-2013, 10:28 AM
Houston's Run N Gun style is a very very odd fit. If you slow it down for Dwight, Harden will struggle.

Houston plays run n gun because they have no post players. Do you really think a Kevin McHale coached team would be opposed to using a post game?

NYCkid12
06-27-2013, 10:28 AM
As a Magic fan, I can't help but smile.....he thought it would be easy leaving Orlando to win a title...and it's turned out to be nothing but a mess

Clippersfan86
06-27-2013, 10:31 AM
Houston plays run n gun because they have no post players. Do you really think a Kevin McHale coached team would be opposed to using a post game?

Not saying McHale is opposed. But Harden will be. If you don't think Harden's thriving largely to a 7 second offense system they run, you're not watching your team as much as you should. Fastbreak 3's, 3 on 1 fastbreaks etc.. things like that die WAY down when you slow the tempo to post somebody up. Dwight spends a lot of time crying to refs on the other end of the floor so he's often the last one up the floor.

Although just because McHale was an elite post player doesn't mean he will run his team that way.

shep33
06-27-2013, 10:36 AM
Not saying McHale is opposed. But Harden will be. If you don't think Harden's thriving largely to a 7 second offense system they run, you're not watching your team as much as you should. Fastbreak 3's, 3 on 1 fastbreaks etc.. things like that die WAY down when you slow the tempo to post somebody up. Dwight spends a lot of time crying to refs on the other end of the floor so he's often the last one up the floor.

Although just because McHale was an elite post player doesn't mean he will run his team that way.

This is definitely my one worry for the Rockets if he joins them. Offensively he's basically being put in a run and gun system, which he doesn't excel at. He doesn't like going pick and roll, where he's vastly overrated, and basically only wants the ball thrown into him on the block where he's turnover prone.

They need to shift their system to better accommodate him. Otherwise he's going to cry like you mentioned.

I think he goes to Houston or is gonna get dealt via sign-and-trade

JLynn943
I think he'd be crazy not to go to Houston, but who knows. A perimeter-oriented offense with a dynamic/versatile player like Harden is what he had in Orlando when they went to the finals, except Harden is better than who was doing it at the time for the Magic (Hedo). I'm sure they'd have to take time to get used to each other, but the Rockets would be a serious contender.

But, it's Broussard, so I'm not putting much stock into it

lakersiznumber1
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/350235529557721088

bye bye dwight :dance: with kobe out for a while let
the rebuilding begin we will be back 2014

BKLYNpigeon
06-27-2013, 10:37 AM
ill believe it when i see it.

Clippersfan86
06-27-2013, 10:39 AM
This is definitely my one worry for the Rockets if he joins them. Offensively he's basically being put in a run and gun system, which he doesn't excel at. He doesn't like going pick and roll, where he's vastly overrated, and basically only wants the ball thrown into him on the block where he's turnover prone.

They need to shift their system to better accommodate him. Otherwise he's going to cry like you mentioned.

I think he goes to Houston or is gonna get dealt via sign-and-trade

He'll be asking out of Houston within 2 years. Not because they won't be an awesome team but because he isn't 100 percent COMFORTABLE. He's a fu**ing crybaby.

shep33
06-27-2013, 10:44 AM
He'll be asking out of Houston within 2 years. Not because they won't be an awesome team but because he isn't 100 percent COMFORTABLE. He's a fu**ing crybaby.

Haha true. The one thing Dwight needs to understand is that he isn't going to be the best offensive player on any championship team. Once he realizes this, then I think he can take a step towards winning a title

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-27-2013, 10:46 AM
Apparently, according to his mother(sources), Chris Broussard today says that Howard probably won't resign with the lakers and is scheduled to meet with the rockets, mavs, and hawks.

http://tracking.si.com/2013/06/27/dwight-howard-unlikely-resign-lakers-mavericks-rockets-hawks-nba-free-agency/

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9427945/los-angeles-lakers-not-likely-re-sign-dwight-howard-sources-say

:facepalm:

Another long offseason of uncertainties and changes and back and forths from this guy
Make up your damn mind dude :mad:

Clippersfan86
06-27-2013, 10:46 AM
Haha true. The one thing Dwight needs to understand is that he isn't going to be the best offensive player on any championship team. Once he realizes this, then I think he can take a step towards winning a title

Like I said he's got a syndrome. THINKS he wants to be THE man for a contender, but then gets upset about the pressure and expectations of that. So basically he NEEDS to be a 2nd option, prefers 2nd option treatment BUT wants to be a 1st option? It's literally as confusing as what I just typed.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-27-2013, 10:47 AM
:laugh2:

justinnum1
06-27-2013, 10:47 AM
I never understood why lakers fans think all the stars want to play for LA. Unless they trade for people, i dont see many stars wanting to play for LA. If you cant get dwight to stay they have no chance of getting lebron lol

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-27-2013, 10:48 AM
My bad mods, just saw there was a post about it already. Merge it together with the previous one? Or even better just sticky an official Dwightmare thread lol

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-27-2013, 10:49 AM
I never understood why lakers fans think all the stars want to play for LA. Unless they trade for people, i dont see many stars wanting to play for LA. If you cant get dwight to stay they have no chance of getting lebron lol

In that case hopefully that big baby goes back to la lol we don't want any temptation for lebron. Cleveland is already gonna be a hurdle.

justinnum1
06-27-2013, 10:49 AM
Oh well......

My thoughts exactly, this is no surprise, its been years since i have read about a star player wanting to play for the lakers.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-27-2013, 10:50 AM
I still think Dallas has a big chance at getting him it's known Dwight likes Mark Cuban and if they clear cap don't they have enough moneyto get more than dwight like Josh Smith or Iggy or Ellis? Dwight's wanted to play with smith and Ellis in the past. ...

Clippersfan86
http://clippers.topbuzz.com/modules/PNphpBB2/upload-pics/clippers/3304_Portrait_1.jpg

BTW Shepp and others I didn't make this so don't troll me. Just found it and it's Dwight related.

Im_in_Mia_bish
:laugh2:

flgatorsandjags
06-27-2013, 10:51 AM
Haha, man I'm glad we got what we did for the Howard trade.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-27-2013, 10:52 AM
If we've learned anything from history, Tomorrow there will be a report saying Howard will resign. Than the next he will not resign lol it's going to be one annoying offseason.

akagiredsuns
06-27-2013, 10:52 AM
bye bye dwight :dance: with kobe out for a while let
the rebuilding begin we will be back 2014

What are u talking about? Kobe is going to be ready for the start of the season.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-27-2013, 10:53 AM
Haha, man I'm glad we got what we did for the Howard trade.

Lol watch tomorrow there's a report that he wants to stay
:facepalm:

This guy needs to stop changing his mind every 2 mins

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-27-2013, 10:55 AM
What are u talking about? Kobe is going to be ready for the start of the season.

It'd be interesting to see if Howard drags his decision where all the good free agents are gone by the time he tells the world his.. Lol

Theyhateme459
06-27-2013, 10:55 AM
I mean he is a legitimate Free Agent now... this is what he is supposed to do right now. After this he will be locked in where he wants for a few years.

joeystats
06-27-2013, 10:56 AM

lol really?

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-27-2013, 10:56 AM
http://clippers.topbuzz.com/modules/PNphpBB2/upload-pics/clippers/3304_Portrait_1.jpg

BTW Shepp and others I didn't make this so don't troll me. Just found it and it's Dwight related.

Shepp is the only classy laker fan I know ... no worries of him trolling

Clippersfan86
06-27-2013, 10:57 AM

He is, that's why I mentioned him. Hope he doesn't get offended is all.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-27-2013, 10:58 AM
I mean he is a legitimate Free Agent now... this is what he is supposed to do right now. After this he will be locked in where he wants for a few years.

Why is it that every free agent doesn't change their mind publicly as much as he does in a week
:confused:

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-27-2013, 11:00 AM

Shepp just needs to not like Kobe more than lebron ;) than his transformation will be complete. Mwuahahahha

justinnum1
06-27-2013, 11:06 AM
Lakers front office is doing a hell of a job. Choosing Mike D over dwight.

shep33
06-27-2013, 11:07 AM

Haha no worries there. Sadly that's a pretty accurate description for the shift in power right now in the City of Angels.

Kyben36
06-27-2013, 11:07 AM
can we get like 3 more Dwight threads please.

all espn will talk about on draft day is Dwight and Aaron Hernandez.

FriedTofuz
06-27-2013, 11:08 AM
okay if coaching is such a problem, and he's going to play a chris paul about the coaching, simply fire d'antoni, and hire Nate McMillan as Head coach, or Lionel Hollins, Or George Carl. Or try and steal someones coach away by offering a 1st round pick for the rights to sign a coach. Then howard will stay :D

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-27-2013, 11:10 AM
okay if coaching is such a problem, and he's going to play a chris paul about the coaching, simply fire d'antoni, and hire Nate McMillan as Head coach, or Lionel Hollins, Or George Carl. Or try and steal someones coach away by offering a 1st round pick for the rights to sign a coach. Then howard will stay :D

Like Cleveland for mike brown? ;)

ManRam
06-27-2013, 11:11 AM
:laugh:

Gonna be a rough few years for the Lakers if he does indeed leave.

Clippersfan86
06-27-2013, 11:12 AM
can we get like 3 more Dwight threads please.

all espn will talk about on draft day is Dwight and Aaron Hernandez.

And the Gasol brothers' new 8 packs.

shep33
06-27-2013, 11:13 AM
Shepp just needs to not like Kobe more than lebron ;) than his transformation will be complete. Mwuahahahha

Never! lol. LBJ is by far the best player in the NBA, and has been for years though. No argument there.

Im_in_Mia_bish
06-27-2013, 11:14 AM
Never! lol. LBJ is by far the best player in the NBA, and has been for years though. No argument there.

Come over to the dark side ;)

shep33
06-27-2013, 11:15 AM

:cheers: Thanks Trav. We have such a huge following that it upsets me because we have a ton of rational Laker fans. But like any big fan base, we get a lot of irrational Kobe-fans, instead of Laker fans.

still1ballin
06-27-2013, 11:16 AM
Jim Buss really screwed it up this time by hiring D'Antoni over Phil

UPRock
06-27-2013, 11:33 AM
What a mess!

shep33
06-27-2013, 11:42 AM
This dude is going to keep jumping ship until he finds the "perfect" spot. No team should sign him for more than 2 years lol

Mr_Jones
06-27-2013, 12:10 PM
If he TRULY wants to be the MAN, he'll go to Dallas. I don't like Dallas, but that is where he can be the number 1 option.. Which he is not. He's a number two. He still has A LOT of work to do before he can be given the ball in the post time and time again.

effen5
06-27-2013, 12:11 PM
ive lost all respect for this guy

*Silver&Black*
06-27-2013, 12:18 PM
I don't even know if I want him as a Hawk, unless he would play with Horford over Smith.

Bruno
06-27-2013, 12:19 PM
get rid of him. he'll never be dominant again. go get a real max player who isn't a 6'9 power forward masquerading as a center posting rookiesque ws/48.

Teeboy1487
06-27-2013, 12:19 PM
I'm not too pissed at Howard to be honest. I'm numb to this. I just don't care if he stays or not. If he stays, we will still suck. I would actually prefer if the Lakers rebuild.

Stinkyoutsider
06-27-2013, 12:20 PM
I kind of feel like Howard is in no mood to wait around to be the man (Kobe) so he's going to bolt LA. I think D'Antoni's stubborn attitude towards his system is also running Howard away. Believe it or not, Howard is looking to fit into a half court low post team. And D'Antoni's system is the complete opposite of what he wants...

Kind of thought he actually wanted to make him and Paul teaming up a reality? But at the end of the day, he's looking for the Rockets imo. You've got Kevin Mchale as the head coach (who was one of the best post players in his era), James Harden (who's a pass first guy), and a solid base of young and improving talent. So, he'll become the leader of the team (Harden seems like he's a quite kind of guy) and have enough clout built up to become the number one option for the club.

Snakeyestx
06-27-2013, 12:20 PM
News from the Future!

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/Tenki-Kun/DH-Rox2_zps764aa49b.jpg

DH - Press Conference - taken July 2nd 2013. :D

Randy West
06-27-2013, 12:21 PM
Some guys just can't be happy with millions upon millions of dollars I guess. They need a particular coach or to play with certain players be in certain cities.

My respect for Howard was kind of shot during the Orlando situation so he was already on the list. I can now add Lamarcus Aldridge, Chris Paul, and Demarcus Cousins to the list as well. Just a bunch of spoiled me me me me guys that have shown their true colors imo.

Dade County
06-27-2013, 12:22 PM
This dude is going to keep jumping ship until he finds the "perfect" spot. No team should sign him for more than 2 years lol

Well, it was never really his ship.

So I just hope everyone ask like this when any player is traded to a team and decides not to resign with that team, when their contract is up; because it really doesn't make sense to me. Howard or any free agent, doesn't owe their former team anything.

And teh Lakers didn't even give me anything for Howard (Lol Bynum)

Dade County
06-27-2013, 12:22 PM
News from the Future!

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/Tenki-Kun/DH-Rox2_zps764aa49b.jpg

DH - Press Conference - taken July 2nd 2013. :D

Nice.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-27-2013, 12:25 PM
Brousard says the Mavs are the favorites to sign him. Then Houston. Should be a nice pick up.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-27-2013, 12:27 PM
I am glad he pinnned the reason soley on D'antoni that he is leaving. I can't stand his face and never could since he was in Phx. I hope Dwight leaves but I still hope Mike is fired.

ThunderousDemon
06-27-2013, 12:30 PM
If Dwight leaves.

It's tank mode.

Wiggins 2014.

Lakeshow24KB
06-27-2013, 12:31 PM
Oh well, it is what it is. No need to dwell on it, whoever ends up with Howard, good luck to them.

ldawg
06-27-2013, 12:31 PM
This is sucks for the Lakers 2014 dont have any good free agents. If they want something in return you call the Clippers for Griffen, Eric and a pic. Injured Kobe is at the end of the road he wont lead them to the finals with out a younger star.

todu82
06-27-2013, 12:37 PM
No surprise really. I got to think Houston will get him. Hopefully in Houston Howard will lose the attitude he's had since his final 2 yrs. in Orlando.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-27-2013, 12:47 PM
There's a reason the Lakers have so many championships. They'll be fine eventually and back in title contention in a few years.

justinnum1
06-27-2013, 12:50 PM
There's a reason the Lakers have so many championships. They'll be fine eventually and back in title contention in a few years.

They are going to need to rape someone in a trade, because I don't see any free agents wanting to go there, with Mike D as coach and the front office destroying that team.

Jayb587
06-27-2013, 12:50 PM
I hope kobe demands a trade or demands to be amnestied. When will he wake up and realize the lakers have no plans of being contenders and are just using him to remain relevant until they can make a pitch for LeBron. Someone please start the kobe please leave and don't waste your last years petition

LongIslandIcedZ
06-27-2013, 12:56 PM
They are going to need to rape someone in a trade, because I don't see any free agents wanting to go there, with Mike D as coach and the front office destroying that team.

Perhaps. I have a hard time believing with all the capspace the Lakers have, they wont be able to sign someone like Kevin Love.

Whats their draft pick situation like? If they suck, will they have their pick or does Phoenix or somoene have it

hidalgo
06-27-2013, 12:58 PM
if LeBron wants to be all time great, why on earth would he wanna help Kobe get that 6th ring to tie Jordan, then 7th to pass him? makes no sense for LeBron to help his biggest rival in his era. it would put Kobe way ahead of him rings wise, & you know Kobe would do all he could to outscore LeBron in the finals to try & get the finals mvp from him. i think that's the only move that would make me hate LeBron. i'd hate his guts if he pulled that trash.in my mind it makes far more sense that joining Kobe would be the last thing he'd ever do in the nba

robdesign13
06-27-2013, 12:58 PM
He fought for years to get to LA. I don't believe he will leave the opportunities that a star like him can get in that market.

ldawg
06-27-2013, 01:01 PM
Lebron has built a legacy in Miami. Wade cant carry that team anymore so Lebron aint going anywhere. It always boil right back to Bynum they held on to him to long. Had they traded him it would have given the team a better chance at winning 1 more ring.

ThunderousDemon
06-27-2013, 01:02 PM
Perhaps. I have a hard time believing with all the capspace the Lakers have, they wont be able to sign someone like Kevin Love.

Whats their draft pick situation like? If they suck, will they have their pick or does Phoenix or somoene have it

Lakers have a first round pick for the 2014 draft.

justinnum1
I hope kobe demands a trade or demands to be amnestied. When will he wake up and realize the lakers have no plans of being contenders and are just using him to remain relevant until they can make a pitch for LeBron. Someone please start the kobe please leave and don't waste your last years petition

If lakers are banking on getting lebron, that would be a big waste. No chance lebron goes to that franchisee now, they are screwed for the foreseeable future, awful hard coach, inept front office, they arent even the best team in their city.

Theyhateme459
He fought for years to get to LA. I don't believe he will leave the opportunities that a star like him can get in that market.

I don;t believe he fought to get to LA... I think that he fought to get out of Orlando and he "Settled" on LA as that was the best thing available as he messed up his chances for Brooklyn and Dallas.

ldawg
06-27-2013, 01:03 PM

Whats their draft pick situation like? If they suck, will they have their pick or does Phoenix or somoene have itKevin love to play with who, Howard? Love and Howard would be great together but Alone they wont make a top tier team. If Howard wants out the Clippers deal is the best option 2014 dont have no one of Value. Besides Melo if he op out and Injured Granger.

Theyhateme459
06-27-2013, 01:04 PM
Why is it that every free agent doesn't change their mind publicly as much as he does in a week
:confused:

Who's said that Dwight has changed his mind during this period? He hasn't even done his visits yet... we have to remember that a lot of things that comes out are people speculating. In this situation he deserves to have time to make his visits and then come to a conclusion.

Triple_Ocho
06-27-2013, 01:10 PM
:cheers: Thanks Trav. We have such a huge following that it upsets me because we have a ton of rational Laker fans. But like any big fan base, we get a lot of irrational Kobe-fans, instead of Laker fans.

You nailed it man... Its always nice to find a rational lakers fan. I dont feel so alone haha

LongIslandIcedZ
06-27-2013, 01:12 PM
Kevin love to play with who, Howard? Love and Howard would be great together but Alone they wont make a top tier team.

I'm not really sure, more speculating than anything else.

I'm just saying that the Lakers will rebound from this because they are the Lakers. They wont suck for the next 10 years. Maybe they'll bottom out and get a top draft pick. Maybe they move Pau for an additional lottery pick and sign someone with all their capspace.

The NBA does not want the Lakers to be bad lol

ldawg
06-27-2013, 01:15 PM
Call me nuts but i think he resigns with the Lakers but want and is trying for them to get another coach.

Jayb587
06-27-2013, 01:28 PM
like usual the FO will screw up and not take blake and Bledsoe. Then we will see bledsoe be an all star within 2 years and say. "damn we shuda made that deal." we have missed so many oppurtunites the past 5 years to get younger and better.

KobeOwnSU
06-27-2013, 01:31 PM
Thank you Jesus! Why in hell would the Lakers want to waste a max contract on a little *****?? Save the cap room Mitch, it will make it that much easier to rebuild next off-season.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-27-2013, 01:37 PM
Just heard Brousard on the radio say "Howard loves L.A and is looking for a reason to stay, but he does not want to play for D'antoni." Stephen A Smith said the same thing a month ago.

Howard is trying to make the same power play CP3 did. But the Lakers don't seem to hold Howard in the same regard as the Clippers hold CP3. This would all go away if the Lakers fired Mike and hired someone Howard would want. But it seems the Lakers don't think Howard is worth the trouble.

SOS
06-27-2013, 01:39 PM
Can't blame howard at all

ldawg
06-27-2013, 01:47 PM
like usual the FO will screw up and not take blake and Bledsoe. Then we will see bledsoe be an all star within 2 years and say. "damn we shuda made that deal." we have missed so many oppurtunites the past 5 years to get younger and better.Thing is Mitch has listen to Phill a lil to much. Phill never liked young players and felt young players dont win you rings. Which is true to a point but they took it a step to far. They are to much on the old end.

JerseyPalahniuk
06-27-2013, 01:49 PM
Maybe Lakers fans will realize how incredibly difficult it is to play with someone like Kobe Bean Bryant.

koberulesall
06-27-2013, 01:58 PM
you just want him to leave is all but guess what hes not....btw you one of thoughs hardcore clipper fans that go all the way back to when they signed chris paul?

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-27-2013, 02:00 PM
Maybe Lakers fans will realize how incredibly difficult it is to play with someone like Kobe Bean Bryant.

As long as his hard demands help bring rings, we could give a f@*k about their feelings.

ldawg
06-27-2013, 02:01 PM
Just heard Brousard on the radio say "Howard loves L.A and is looking for a reason to stay, but he does not want to play for D'antoni." Stephen A Smith said the same thing a month ago.

Howard is trying to make the same power play CP3 did. But the Lakers don't seem to hold Howard in the same regard as the Clippers hold CP3. This would all go away if the Lakers fired Mike and hired someone Howard would want. But it seems the Lakers don't think Howard is worth the trouble.lol i posted that. he loves LA but hate Mike system more. To be fair Howard is not a great post player but if you got Meeks taking more shot then yes something is major wrong. How can a three point shot trump a post play when you are not good at shooting threes and you have two allstar seven footers? One with 2 rings you have shooting threes and one that took his team to the finals. Lets be real here Mike made Howard, Melo and Pau look bad and broke a durable Kobe. That cant sit will with no one dude just sucks. Melo and Webber was the best when that news broke.

JerseyPalahniuk
06-27-2013, 02:03 PM
As long as his hard demands help bring rings, we could give a f@*k about their feelings.

I mean he has a very short time left. Shouldn't he calm down a bit so that he doesn't sacrifice the entire future of the Franchise? Makes sense 10, 5 years ago for that but now I don't see ANY star free agent wanting to come to the Lakers. If Dwight leaves, Kobe's gonna have to start calling up some Josh Smiths, etc. Dude can't get it done alone.

I'm a Kobe fan but he needs to learn to adapt to the league.

hidalgo
06-27-2013, 02:03 PM
if Broussard says he's leaving, then there's a 99% chance he's staying

sep11ie
06-27-2013, 02:10 PM
http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A2KJkIfYf8xRwQUAMH.JzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBlMT Q4cGxyBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1n?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimage s.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Ddwight% 2Bhoward%2Brockets%2Bjersey%26fr%3Dyfp-t-900-1-s%26fr2%3Dpiv-web%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D1&w=370&h=373&imgurl=fans.mybspn.com%2Ffiles%2F2012%2F11%2FDwigh t-Howard-Rockets-Jersey.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Ffans.mybspn.com%2Ffan-submissions%2Fpage%2F16%2F&size=36.1KB&name=%3Cb%3EDwight%3C%2Fb%3E-%3Cb%3EHoward%3C%2Fb%3E-%3Cb%3ERockets%3C%2Fb%3E-%3Cb%3EJersey%3C%2Fb%3E&p=dwight+howard+rockets+jersey&oid=76c912202805feb579ecc250e921472f&fr2=piv-web&fr=yfp-t-900-1-s&tt=%3Cb%3EDwight%3C%2Fb%3E-%3Cb%3EHoward%3C%2Fb%3E-%3Cb%3ERockets%3C%2Fb%3E-%3Cb%3EJersey%3C%2Fb%3E&b=0&ni=160&no=1&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=11fum7d1a&sigb=13p59dl94&sigi=11ui9pbj6&.crumb=x.DQiCbYPyV&fr=yfp-t-900-1-s

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-27-2013, 02:14 PM
http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A2KJkIfYf8xRwQUAMH.JzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBlMT Q4cGxyBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1n?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimage s.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Ddwight% 2Bhoward%2Brockets%2Bjersey%26fr%3Dyfp-t-900-1-s%26fr2%3Dpiv-web%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D1&w=370&h=373&imgurl=fans.mybspn.com%2Ffiles%2F2012%2F11%2FDwigh t-Howard-Rockets-Jersey.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Ffans.mybspn.com%2Ffan-submissions%2Fpage%2F16%2F&size=36.1KB&name=%3Cb%3EDwight%3C%2Fb%3E-%3Cb%3EHoward%3C%2Fb%3E-%3Cb%3ERockets%3C%2Fb%3E-%3Cb%3EJersey%3C%2Fb%3E&p=dwight+howard+rockets+jersey&oid=76c912202805feb579ecc250e921472f&fr2=piv-web&fr=yfp-t-900-1-s&tt=%3Cb%3EDwight%3C%2Fb%3E-%3Cb%3EHoward%3C%2Fb%3E-%3Cb%3ERockets%3C%2Fb%3E-%3Cb%3EJersey%3C%2Fb%3E&b=0&ni=160&no=1&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=11fum7d1a&sigb=13p59dl94&sigi=11ui9pbj6&.crumb=x.DQiCbYPyV&fr=yfp-t-900-1-s
Actually the Mavs are the favorites

ldawg
06-27-2013, 02:15 PM
I mean he has a very short time left. Shouldn't he calm down a bit so that he doesn't sacrifice the entire future of the Franchise? Makes sense 10, 5 years ago for that but now I don't see ANY star free agent wanting to come to the Lakers. If Dwight leaves, Kobe's gonna have to start calling up some Josh Smiths, etc. Dude can't get it done alone.

I'm a Kobe fan but he needs to learn to adapt to the league.Not just star Players coached and role players to. Alvin Gentry did the best thing going with Doc and the clippers. Two years ago Rogger Bell, Mike miller. But to be fair Howard want to stay but Lakers have a bad coach, over the cap with aged players, Kobe who just dont seem to get that in order for them to win again he has to cut his game back and allow the younger star to be featured.

MTL_123
06-27-2013, 02:39 PM
lol cant wait til he leaves so i can hear kobe exposing him the day he leaves to the media lol

Clippersfan86
06-27-2013, 03:12 PM
http://www.lakersnation.com/terrified-petulant-dwight-howard-blaming-fans-for-l-a-departure/2013/06/27/

Dwight hates Lakers fans.

JEDean89
06-27-2013, 03:25 PM
wow, lakers could have had Phil Jackson and Dwight Howard, now they have Mike Dantoni. This will go down as the single worst move of all time.

ManRam
06-27-2013, 03:28 PM
ive lost all respect for this guy

this is your tipping point? why this?

i don't see why people can think less of him as a human for leaving LAL in free agency. he has no obligation to them. they haven't really done much to appease him. they have a coach that clashes with his style of play. kobe, nash and pau are all past their primes, and whether it was the offense, kobe, d'antoni or whatever, they did little offensively to ever assert dwight. the team is in cap hell too.

he's a free agent and was traded to LA. he only played 1 year there. why is THIS the reason you've lost all respect for him.

--23--
06-27-2013, 03:33 PM
http://www.lakersnation.com/terrified-petulant-dwight-howard-blaming-fans-for-l-a-departure/2013/06/27/

If that quote is true, he should just leave and stop talking.

Clippersfan86
06-27-2013, 03:41 PM
If that quote is true, he should just leave and stop talking.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4erqaHFnT1qzsdmlo1_500.jpg

Clippersfan86
06-27-2013, 03:43 PM
Lakers starting 5 next year unless Kobe is back on time.

Nash
Meeks
Peace
Hill
Gasol

ManRam
06-27-2013, 03:46 PM
lakers fans are immensely spoiled (not an insult, every fan wishes they were as spoiled). things went terribly in LAL and scapegoats were made. MDA got a ton of it, but let's not act like Lakers fans were very rah-rah about Dwight all season long.

he should just shut up and do what he wants though. he continues to be too candid. makes him look more awful

martin_108
06-27-2013, 03:51 PM
Let em walk if he don't wanna be here or do that trade for Bledsoe and Blake..... Seems like he can't handle the pressure if u are a great player u are great no.matter the coach if mike dantoni coached the heat they are in the finals who was spoelstra before Lebron and bosh came to town ....Lakers were injured all tear if healthy they are easily a top 4 team in the west Dwight seems to not take accountability for his sub par year it wasn't the coaching it yo back surgery and he gotta work on that post game gasol is the laker best post player right now

Teeboy1487
06-27-2013, 04:08 PM
this is your tipping point? why this?

i don't see why people can think less of him as a human for leaving LAL in free agency. he has no obligation to them. they haven't really done much to appease him. they have a coach that clashes with his style of play. kobe, nash and pau are all past their primes, and whether it was the offense, kobe, d'antoni or whatever, they did little offensively to ever assert dwight. the team is in cap hell too.

he's a free agent and was traded to LA. he only played 1 year there. why is THIS the reason you've lost all respect for him.

Effen still had the right to lose respect for the man no matter what. This will possibly be franchise number 2 Dwight abandons. Dwight is well within his right to leave. Effen however has the same right to lose respect for him. Honestly, I never trusted Dwight in LA. I could never fully embraced him here after the Orlando crap. If Bynum was a picture of health, I would have been perfectly satisfied if we kept him.

I actually understand if he leaves. It does not mean I have to like it though and continue to respect him(which was very little). Hopefully the Lakers actually start to rebuild and quit reloading. He has not worked in years.

LakersMaster24
06-27-2013, 04:11 PM
Dear Mr.Howard,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaG2Acg8n60

Sincerely, the "ungrateful" Lakers fans.

LakersMaster24
06-27-2013, 04:16 PM
In all seriousness however, what do we have to be "grateful" for? Him whining all season? Us getting swept?

Dwight showed zero leadership capabilities, and put zero confidence into all of us regarding the idea that he can lead a franchise like the Lakers. I understand his injury was a factor, however what that injury did is lower his athleticism which will happen naturally in 2-3 years. So basically we saw a Dwight Howard in his early 30s, without any post moves and little athleticism to rely on. This guy doesn't have a single post move he can effectively use on a consistent basis. His per game stats are pretty good, but as someone said before, look at his advanced stats. CAREER LOWS EVERYWHERE.

I can't recal the hundreads of times I saw the ball getting stripped from his hands, or him yelling at his teammates while the opposing team was running a play. Play the damn game and shut the hell up.

If he really wants to leave, and if he really thinks we are ungrateful then he is not worthy of even being near the franchise like, The Los Angeles Lakers.

Adios mi amigo.

DaLakerz Rulz
06-27-2013, 04:20 PM
Effen still had the right to lose respect for the man no matter what. This will possibly be franchise number 2 Dwight abandons. Dwight is well within his right to leave. Effen however has the same right to lose respect for him. Honestly, I never trusted Dwight in LA. I could never fully embraced him here after the Orlando crap. If Bynum was a picture of health, I would have been perfectly satisfied if we kept him.

I actually understand if he leaves. It does not mean I have to like it though and continue to respect him(which was very little). Hopefully the Lakers actually start to rebuild and quit reloading. He has not worked in years.

I thought Bynum was incompetent and immature, but this dude takes the cake. Barring injury, I would gladly have put up with Bynum's late night bowling escapades and illegal parking. At least Bynum wasn't an emotional lil *****.

Utd7
06-27-2013, 04:32 PM
The lakers basically have decided to choose Mike over Dwight. It seems they're forced to stick with D'Antoni even at the expense of potentially no Howard. If your the Lakers are you really going to pay two coaches (Brown and D'Antoni) not to coach your team while also paying for a third? Probably not. They were screwed the moment they didn't hire Phil in regards to Dwight's future and I bet Phil knew this would happen from the start.

ManRam
06-27-2013, 04:33 PM
In all seriousness however, what do we have to be "grateful" for? Him whining all season? Us getting swept?

Dwight showed zero leadership capabilities, and put zero confidence into all of us regarding the idea that he can lead a franchise like the Lakers. I understand his injury was a factor, however what that injury did is lower his athleticism which will happen naturally in 2-3 years. So basically we saw a Dwight Howard in his early 30s, without any post moves and little athleticism to rely on. This guy doesn't have a single post move he can effectively use on a consistent basis. His per game stats are pretty good, but as someone said before, look at his advanced stats. CAREER LOWS EVERYWHERE.

I can't recal the hundreads of times I saw the ball getting stripped from his hands, or him yelling at his teammates while the opposing team was running a play. Play the damn game and shut the hell up.

If he really wants to leave, and if he really thinks we are ungrateful then he is not worthy of even being near the franchise like, The Los Angeles Lakers.

Adios mi amigo.

lakers fans owe dwight as little as dwight owes them. he doesn't deserve their respect, but he also doesn't owe the lakers anything at the same time.

things went as terribly as anyone could have even dreamed last year. it's not surprising to see things potentially end like this. it wasn't a good time for him, fans, the coaches, the front office...

ManRam
06-27-2013, 04:37 PM

Dwight abandoning a team that he potentially never even wanted to be on and spent one year with pales in comparison to abandoning the Magic. I don't hold him wanting out of Orlando against him (even though we catered everything to him, the fans actually loved him, etc.) I hold how he handled it against him. Up until now I wouldn't say he handled things poorly...the media scrutiny and microscope might have made it seem that way, but he hasn't done anything out of the ordinary.

But there's no reason to lose respect for him leaving the Lakers to go elsewhere as a free agent. He has every right to do that and owes nothing to the Lakers franchise.

LakersMaster24
06-27-2013, 04:38 PM
lakers fans owe dwight as little as dwight owes them. he doesn't deserve their respect, but he also doesn't owe the lakers anything at the same time.

things went as terribly as anyone could have even dreamed last year. it's not surprising to see things potentially end like this. it wasn't a good time for him, fans, the coaches, the front office...

Him calling out the Lakers fanbase is as low as someone can go.

5ass
06-27-2013, 04:43 PM
broussard? Will you guys never learn?

LoveMeOrHateMe
06-27-2013, 04:46 PM
Dwight is staying people why aren't these sources names ever given out? Because its all a bunch of bs

Clippersfan86
06-27-2013, 04:48 PM
Dwight is staying people why aren't these sources names ever given out? Because its all a bunch of bs

He called the Lakers fans ungrateful douches basically and he's staying.

martin_108
06-27-2013, 04:48 PM
I've defended him but if this is true about the fan part he can go Laker fans are as loyal as they come we are not the Magic or the Bobcats or the Jazz no disrespect but we expect a championship every year we are winners we don't hang up conference championships banners or division banners only CHAMPIONSHIP BANNERS this is why we are spoiled because it's a winning tradition and it's a honor to put that Laker jersey on and if he can't handle the pressure and understand that history of greatness and of wining then he can leave..Just means he can't elevate his game and handle the pressure of becoming a member of that elite class of greats Kobe Magic Kareem Worthy Shaq Baylor West Chamberlain Mikan

Dade County
06-27-2013, 04:51 PM

That writer was a ****ing hater... Biased troll!

bucketss
06-27-2013, 05:02 PM
gotta agree with dwight, some laker fans on this forum were saying dwights numbers were a mirage and he was overrated and got EXPOSED.

NFLNBA
06-27-2013, 05:05 PM
Here is problem with Dwight.......he wants to be MAIN guy "go to guy" on a championship team. The problem is he isnt good enough on offense at all to be that. He has the same moves. You just need to back off and dare him to shoot and if he tries to back you down strip him. He is a beast on defense but im sorry he isnt a "GO TO" guy. Tell he learns that on a championship team he needs to be the defense stopper/Robin but def not batman he will continue to whine and cry. He just needs to go to a crap city with no expectations or team up with Lebron like everyone else

NFLNBA
06-27-2013, 05:09 PM
Lakers would be stupid not to sign and trade him! Griffin and Bledsoe would be GREAT trade for them. They would then still have great ammount of money next year.

Kyrie/Nash
Kobe/Bledsoe
Paul George
Griffin
?

Teeboy1487
06-27-2013, 05:18 PM
Dwight abandoning a team that he potentially never even wanted to be on and spent one year with pales in comparison to abandoning the Magic. I don't hold him wanting out of Orlando against him (even though we catered everything to him, the fans actually loved him, etc.) I hold how he handled it against him. Up until now I wouldn't say he handled things poorly...the media scrutiny and microscope might have made it seem that way, but he hasn't done anything out of the ordinary.

But there's no reason to lose respect for him leaving the Lakers to go elsewhere as a free agent. He has every right to do that and owes nothing to the Lakers franchise.
I completely understand that. I understand Dwight did not owe the Lakers nor the fans anything, but honoring his contract. Hence why I never trusted nor embraced him as a Laker. His track record speaks volumes. However, I can also see how some people can lose respect for him. He's screwing over the franchise by leaving. Why should all the Laker fans respect his choice? It's only natural to lose respect for him which I also understand.

For me, I will feel nothing. The Lakers are going to suck with or without Dwight. Maybe it's best for both sides to parts ways. My point is, I will understand if some Laker fans are slighted and angry by his choice. By all means, I'm not saying he is wrong. It's his right as a free agent. Still, it does not mean people like me have to respect him.

I'm not going to ignore the Lakers FO. I blame them more than Dwight for making dumb decisions and bad signings.

Dade County
06-27-2013, 05:19 PM
Here is problem with Dwight.......he wants to be MAIN guy "go to guy" on a championship team. The problem is he isnt good enough on offense at all to be that. He has the same moves. You just need to back off and dare him to shoot and if he tries to back you down strip him. He is a beast on defense but im sorry he isnt a "GO TO" guy. Tell he learns that on a championship team he needs to be the defense stopper/Robin but def not batman he will continue to whine and cry. He just needs to go to a crap city with no expectations or team up with Lebron like everyone else

:nod: Major Discounted!

MrUnbiased42
06-27-2013, 05:22 PM
When Shaq left, it really hurt. But Dwight? I really don't care. He's an overrated player. Just imagine this guy playing against Hakeem and Shaq in their prime..he would be the equivalent of Kwame Brown.

Tony_Starks
06-27-2013, 05:30 PM
First off Broussard is not credible. Second off at this point Dwight is such a Gaylord I could care less if he stays or goes. This is LA if you can't handle the pressure being here, kick rocks!

ManRam
06-27-2013, 05:58 PM
that article about howard blasting the fans has been taken down and the author just apologized on twitter. looks like it was baloney...as a few people suspected. as dumb as dwight is, i don't think, especially after everything he did in orlando, that he'd resort to throwing fans under the bus.

Iron24th
06-27-2013, 06:15 PM
Well, I think whatever happens we can all agree that broussard doesn't want dwight in lakerland since 2011.

camador22
06-27-2013, 06:17 PM
I have to come to the defense of Dwight on this one. For starters he never asked to be traded to the Lakers. Lakers took a chance knowing he could possibly leave. Secondly why would you want to be in a team with MDA as the coach amd Kobe as the star player. Ive watched several games where Dwight had 5 FG attempts and Kobe 30+ attempts. I can understand sacrificing to win games, but they were not winning. In fact they made the playoffs by one game. When Dwight would speak up, it was clear his opinion did not matter to MDA. Then you have Kobe (aka ball hog aka worst teammate) calling him out in public. The offense never included Dwight, like I said before you sacrifice only to win, not to have Kobe put up 30 attempts and lose

ztilzer31
06-27-2013, 06:22 PM
If you were Dwight would you want to be there? You were the laughing stock of the NBA. The new New York Knicks. Boat load of talent without anything to show for it. Then at the end of the season Kobe goes down. The other star player. Why in the world would you want to stay if you were Dwight?

Honestly I think he goes to Dallas. Cuban/Dirk could really get a lot out of Dwight IMO. There won't be as much media attention in Dallas, and he'll get to play for one of the best owners in professional sports. You don't get a more fair owner than Cuban.

Rockets have a ton of talent, but I'm not sure it's the best fit. Just my opinion.

ManRam
06-27-2013, 06:24 PM
I have to come to the defense of Dwight on this one. For starters he never asked to be traded to the Lakers. Lakers took a chance knowing he could possibly leave. Secondly why would you want to be in a team with MDA as the coach amd Kobe as the star player. Ive watched several games where Dwight had 5 FG attempts and Kobe 30+ attempts. I can understand sacrificing to win games, but they were not winning. In fact they made the playoffs by one game. When Dwight would speak up, it was clear his opinion did not matter to MDA. Then you have Kobe (aka ball hog aka worst teammate) calling him out in public. The offense never included Dwight, like I said before you sacrifice only to win, not to have Kobe put up 30 attempts and lose

Lakers fans might not get it (some do, some clearly have stated it) because they're used to getting things they want, having players want to play for them and success. Some might just see a guy who doesn't want to play for the Los Angeles Lakers and thus become outraged. They're not used to this. When's the last time a star hasn't wanted to play for the Lakers? And Dwight has every right not to want to. It's just not a great place to be right now. He had his issues, deserves blame, etc., but he's not doing anything wrong here.

rhino17
06-27-2013, 06:27 PM
Now Broussard just said on ESPN that Houston is the frontrunner, after claiming it was Dallas all morning

why is he considered an "insider"? The guy is a moron

ThunderousDemon
06-27-2013, 06:30 PM
Don't believe the hype.

jezzyman05
06-27-2013, 06:32 PM
Lakers fans might not get it (some do, some clearly have stated it) because they're used to getting things they want, having players want to play for them and success. Some might just see a guy who doesn't want to play for the Los Angeles Lakers and thus become outraged. They're not used to this. When's the last time a star hasn't wanted to play for the Lakers? And Dwight has every right not to want to. It's just not a great place to be right now. He had his issues, deserves blame, etc., but he's not doing anything wrong here.

I completely agree and most laker fans don't understand the cap and how its going to change the way teams do business....

The Lakers just need to ride out their roster with or without Howard and fix their salary cap problem...

*Silver&Black*
06-27-2013, 06:32 PM
First off Broussard is not credible.

End of thread.

5ass
06-27-2013, 06:38 PM
Lakers would be stupid not to sign and trade him! Griffin and Bledsoe would be GREAT trade for them. They would then still have great ammount of money next year.

Kyrie/Nash
Kobe/Bledsoe
Paul George
Griffin
?

george and irving are not going to be lakers anytime soon.

DR_1
06-27-2013, 06:59 PM
Broussard said it, therefore we know Dwight is staying in LA. Broussard is just dying for Dwight to go to Brooklyn lol, it's pretty pathetic.

fresh prince
06-27-2013, 07:13 PM
There is a God!

hahaaaa seriously... I dont know of any Laker fan that wants this guy back.

Houston makes too much sense.

jimm120
06-27-2013, 07:38 PM
First off Broussard is not credible. Second off at this point Dwight is such a Gaylord I could care less if he stays or goes. This is LA if you can't handle the pressure being here, kick rocks!

I do want to say something in defense of Dwight....

He never wanted to be in LA!!!

He wanted to get traded to the Nets. he didn't want to go to LA. LA went out and got him anyway. On top of him not wanting to LA and LA hoping they'd get him to stay considering they'd be able to offer more, he had a miserable time. Not only is/was Kobe not fun to play with, LA decided to hire Dantoni...possibly the worst person to put there to try and convince Dwight to stay.

Sorry. I don't blame Dwight one bit in any of this. LA got him knowing he didn't want to be traded there. Then things went bad with the team and the coaching. A bad situation turned to worse. And yet now I see people trying to say or spin this as if it's Dwight's fault.

Don't trade for Dwight if he doesn't sign the extension (which he did not want to sign) or be prepared to have him as a 1 year rental.

But don't lambast him now just because he might leave. He didn't want to sign the extension in LA. He didn't want to play in LA. LA trade for him as a 1 year rental. They did not do anything for him to make him want to be more than a 1 year rental.

jimm120
06-27-2013, 07:40 PM

DITTO.

Dwight clearly wanted Nets.

LA took a chance hoping to convince him and took him away from the team he wanted to go to.

zn23
06-27-2013, 07:41 PM

I disagree. I think he was intrigued by the idea of playing for them. Then he found out first hand what it's like to play with Kobe and now he wants out. Wasn't the first time that's happened...

lakerboy
06-27-2013, 07:43 PM
People outside of LA are overreacting. Just listen to the mood amongst Laker fans online, on the radio and anywhere.

After watching Dwight Howard make his awkward post moves and show a half-hearted effort, most Lakers fans don't really care if he leaves.

Skip Bayless said it right during the mid season. If Dwight Howard is going to be replacing Kobe Bryant, Laker fans should be scared as hell right now.

We dont care. I'd rather watch Gasol play anyway.

ThuglifeJ
06-27-2013, 07:48 PM
Hate Broussard. He's literally never been right about anything. I could see Dwight doing Great in Dallas tho, but I could also see him coming up with reasons to not go there. I remember how much he hated veteran players in Orlando. I remember Vince Carter was in his decline year but had a 48 point game in Orlando in an important comeback win and after the game the reporter asked Dwight how proud of your teammate to come up big in a big win like this (something like that), and Dwight goes "half man half retired!".
Funny but just not a winning mentality or respectful to anyone.

Dwight's attitude problem bugged me back in Orlando, when other people didn't even know about it. It cost games because his attitude would just rub other players the wrong way and piss them off. But I will say he's a lot better of a player, and person in the smaller market Orlando then he was in LA by FAR. Still an attitude prob but not nearly as bad as his Laker tenure.

so if he really belongs in a smaller/medium market. Orlando was always under the radar. Dallas was as well during their championship run. Dallas or Houston would be great choices and he can have a chance to redeem his name.

Also let's remember how good Dallas was with Chandler at Center.. Dwight basically is Chandler (rebounding/defense/dunks) but better.

Seriously lets not forget how much potential Dwight Howard has. He may be a whiny girl but he's just as gifted of an athlete as Lebron. People can change for the better. Lebron did. Dwight may too.
Dwight was deadly with shooters in Orlando and that was with a poor organization and SVG coaching style.

Carlisle is a top 10 coach, Cuban is capable of making him happy and confident. Dirk, Carter, Mayo, Collison, Crowder. Could make a good team

Avenged
06-27-2013, 08:52 PM
Na na na na na na na na hey hey hey good bye!

LakersMaster24
06-27-2013, 09:32 PM
Lakers Nation ‏@LakersNation 3h
It's been taken down. Apologies. RT @danielbuergeLA: My apologies concerning the Dwight Howard story I posted earlier. It's been taken down.

The whole Dwight calling fans "ungrateful" turns out to be false.

ldawg
06-27-2013, 09:36 PM
cant picture him in Dallas however i can see him in Houston. Dallas is no where close to a contender. Howard dont have potential what you see is what u get. He is 27 and have been in the NBA 10 years. He is an athletic big with limited shooting range, limited post play, monster rebounder, bad free throw shooter and a above average shot blocker. When happy and motivated he can up his game a bit but he is at his peak now and will be there for 6 years and then its down hill. He cant be your best offensive player but having him in the middle gives you an advantage.

IndiansFan337
06-27-2013, 09:37 PM
I still think he'll re sign with LAL.

Houston would probably be a better long term team for him.

I don't understand the hype for him to join Dallas. Dirk has maybe 2-3 years and will likely begin declining in 1-2 years.

ldawg
06-27-2013, 09:45 PM
I still think he'll re sign with LAL.

Houston would probably be a better long term team for him.

I don't understand the hype for him to join Dallas. Dirk has maybe 2-3 years and will likely begin declining in 1-2 years.i think its opposite. Short term Houston is the best fit. Long term Lakers and Dallas is the better fit.

ThuglifeJ
06-27-2013, 10:43 PM
Because Dallas can get even better when contracts expire in 2014 I think it is. and since when has Dwight been in the NBA for 10 years?....

ElChinoLatino
06-27-2013, 10:58 PM
cant picture him in Dallas however i can see him in Houston. Dallas is no where close to a contender. Howard dont have potential what you see is what u get. He is 27 and have been in the NBA 10 years. He is an athletic big with limited shooting range, limited post play, monster rebounder, bad free throw shooter and a above average shot blocker. When happy and motivated he can up his game a bit but he is at his peak now and will be there for 6 years and then its down hill. He cant be your best offensive player but having him in the middle gives you an advantage.

9 years so far.

ink
06-27-2013, 10:59 PM
Na na na na na na na na hey hey hey good bye!

No kidding. Good riddance.

kobe4thewinbang
06-27-2013, 11:02 PM
Like others said, Broussard isn't necessarily a reliable source.
In Dallas, Dirk is still the man, but having Howard at center would be great for them.
That being said, Dallas still needs a better bench and starters to become an actual contender.

As a Lakers fan, I couldn't care less about Dwight. Frankly, he has no post moves and his attitude sucks.
I would rather have crazy *** DeMarcus Cousins. Attitude, yes, but he has a plethora of post moves.
It's unlikely that Sacramento (bitter as they are) would trade him to LA, though, which really sucks.
If Dwight sticks around in LA, the Lakers are going to suck again next season, so honestly why bother?

Tony_Starks
06-28-2013, 12:51 AM

He wanted to get traded to the Nets. he didn't want to go to LA. LA went out and got him anyway. On top of him not wanting to LA and LA hoping they'd get him to stay considering they'd be able to offer more, he had a miserable time. Not only is/was Kobe not fun to play with, LA decided to hire Dantoni...possibly the worst person to put there to try and convince Dwight to stay.

Sorry. I don't blame Dwight one bit in any of this. LA got him knowing he didn't want to be traded there. Then things went bad with the team and the coaching. A bad situation turned to worse. And yet now I see people trying to say or spin this as if it's Dwight's fault.

Don't trade for Dwight if he doesn't sign the extension (which he did not want to sign) or be prepared to have him as a 1 year rental.

But don't lambast him now just because he might leave. He didn't want to sign the extension in LA. He didn't want to play in LA. LA trade for him as a 1 year rental. They did not do anything for him to make him want to be more than a 1 year rental.

Well first off that's different from what he said because he said out of his own mouth that Lakers were always on his list of teams despite what the media said. Again, his words.

But secondly I'm out here and I can confidently tell you NOBODY is bitter about Dwight. We hold our players to a higher standard out here and quite frankly Howard acted very feminine during the season and it turned a LOT of LA fans off. The majority of fans I talk to feel this way: "if he stays cool, if not who cares?"

static_inferno
06-28-2013, 01:06 AM
Broussard don't know ****.

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-28-2013, 01:16 AM
The Lakers are going to be atrocious without Dwight and Kobe...

zn23
06-28-2013, 01:30 AM
The Lakers are really going to miss Dwight badly next season if he leaves. For an "off" year he was still pretty good. The Lakers fans wont truly appreciate him until they find out what they have to deal with.

zn23
06-28-2013, 01:32 AM
The Lakers are going to be atrocious without Dwight and Kobe...

Next year when the Lakers are getting blown out left and right, we're going to hear Lakers fans : "His character sucked we don't need him"

But deep down they will be crying.

Purple_n_Gold
06-28-2013, 01:55 AM
Next year when the Lakers are getting blown out left and right, we're going to hear Lakers fans : "His character sucked we don't need him"

You must have cried a lot over the past 20 years or so watching the Lakers win over and over judging from your obsessive concentrated constant hate...

Purple_n_Gold
06-28-2013, 01:57 AM
I disagree. I think he was intrigued by the idea of playing for them. Then he found out first hand what it's like to play with Kobe and now he wants out. Wasn't the first time that's happened...
Also who else has left LA because they didn't want to play with Kobe? Ill wait...

shep33
06-28-2013, 02:02 AM

I still have no idea which team you cheer for.

Anyways, who cares? Every team re-builds. The Lakers have been the most dominant franchise in the NBA possibly ever, and definitely during the modern NBA era.

Dwight was not going to lead us to a title next year anyways. He won't lead any team to the title next year.

ArmLaker
06-28-2013, 02:06 AM

Just like you were crying when Messi beats Cristina Ronalda in Balon D'Ors and Championships?

lakersfan211
06-28-2013, 06:02 AM
Call it rite now... 33 wins for the Lakers next season...it's gonna be a nightmare season...and I really hate to say that!

hidalgo
06-28-2013, 07:30 AM
Now Broussard just said on ESPN that Houston is the frontrunner, after claiming it was Dallas all morning

why is he considered an "insider"? The guy is a moronno credibility whatsoever, he's beyond a joke with his so called "sources", espn makes themselves look really bad taking anything he reports serious & treating it as news-worthy. i'm seriously 100% convinced Dwight will stay in LA now, because Broussard says he wont

Utd7
06-28-2013, 09:19 AM
Even though things would seem bleak for the Lakers without Dwight or a healthy Kobe, I've learned to never count out the lakers. They will find some way to become competitive next season. Unless they really do plan on tanking on purpose next year for Wiggins, Randle, etc.

ackar
06-28-2013, 10:12 AM
This is actually a good thing for the Lakers. D12 is not a the answer to a championship as the Lakers are currently constructed. Let him walk keep the capspace get out of the luxury tax.

Dwight walks frees up $$$
Amnesty Metta frees up more $$
Under the tax threshold $
Lottery bound for a great 2014.
More dollars to lure a top free agent in 2014 and 2015.

Best thing would be if Dwight walks my opinion.

Big Zo
06-28-2013, 10:23 AM
Also who else has left LA because they didn't want to play with Kobe? Ill wait...

Shaq.

ztilzer31
06-28-2013, 04:51 PM
It's looking pretty horrible for the Lakers. They're looking like they might have one of the worst defenses in the NBA next year.

Any Laker saying they're happy Dwight is gone is just lying to themselves. His "attitude" problems were more than known when he was going to LA and you guys all went ape ****.

Dwight is just a scape goat.

valade16
06-28-2013, 04:53 PM

Is this a trick question?...

Shaq?

WhiteSoxGod
06-28-2013, 06:49 PM
Like millions of other people Dwight is making his exodus from California to Texas.

beliges
06-29-2013, 04:12 AM
It's looking pretty horrible for the Lakers. They're looking like they might have one of the worst defenses in the NBA next year.

Any Laker saying they're happy Dwight is gone is just lying to themselves. His "attitude" problems were more than known when he was going to LA and you guys all went ape ****.

Dwight is just a scape goat.

Dwight is not a scapegoat but he is extremely overrated and is a liability on the offensive side and in crunch time because of his lack of free throw shooting. The lakers need someone they can go to to carry the scoring load to help kobe. Dwight is not that guy. Clearly every laker fan would love to have dwight on the team, but losing him will not be all that devastating. He is much more easily replaceable than other star players. Don't think most laker fans would be that disappointed if Dwight left. Also I cannot see him leaving. You simply do not leave the lakers when you will be a cornerstone of the franchise.

amos1er
06-29-2013, 04:21 AM
Hopefully Jeanie Buss and her siblings do the right things and vote Jim out of power so the Laker franchise can get back to it's former glory. If Jim goes...D'Antoni goes...Phil comes back...Dwight stays.

Tony_Starks
06-29-2013, 10:22 AM
Hopefully Jeanie Buss and her siblings do the right things and vote Jim out of power so the Laker franchise can get back to it's former glory. If Jim goes...D'Antoni goes...Phil comes back...Dwight stays.

Amen! Jimmy is messing up big time!!!