PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland offers #1 pick for Vasquez, #6, and 2014 1st rounder

flgatorsandjags
06-26-2013, 08:40 PM
Haha, I dont think I have ever seen a team try to trade their first overall pick as hard as Cle.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/6/26/4467680/nba-trade-rumors-cavaliers-hornets-no-1-pick

flgatorsandjags
06-26-2013, 08:42 PM
With Davis and a healthy Noel it would be hard to score on in the paint.

Arch Stanton
06-26-2013, 08:44 PM
It would be a steal for the Cavs. They could still get a player that they really like, and pick up additional assets. Don't see the Cans (Pelicans) doing this.

PurpleJesus
06-26-2013, 08:44 PM
Cleveland Trying vigorously To Get Rid Of The Number One Pick, And People Think It Was A Bad Move For The Wolves To Not Take It?

barreleffact
06-26-2013, 08:53 PM
Why trade for a PG when you have Kyrie?

phlp_bj
06-26-2013, 08:55 PM
kyrie and wiggins

Lakers Ghost
06-26-2013, 08:56 PM
Why trade for a PG when you have Kyrie?

because he is going to the lakers next year!lol

Stunner
06-26-2013, 09:00 PM
If this deal happens I see the Cavs then flipping Vas to the Mavs for the 13 th pick so they can draft that SF Sergey . Cavs have been trying to trade up to select him .

bholly
06-26-2013, 09:02 PM
Pretty bad deal for the Pelicans. Good luck with that, CLE.

Cleveland Trying vigorously To Get Rid Of The Number One Pick, And People Think It Was A Bad Move For The Wolves To Not Take It?

Nobody respectable. There'll always be someone who buys into each side of these dumb proposals, but nobody who knows what they're talking about thought Minny should give up Love in that deal.

ATX
06-26-2013, 09:04 PM
They don't know what to do with that pick, and seemingly want to do anything to rid themselves of that decision. I don't disagree, and don't fault them in anyway for trying to upgrade by trading the pick. Perhaps another team really wants a player at #1, but I doubt anyone bites in this draft.

mgsports
06-26-2013, 09:08 PM
Dallas doesn't want any salary back in a Trade. Vasquez can play SG. They can give like also Waiters back then maybe have a deal.

D-Leethal
06-26-2013, 09:09 PM

It would also be hard for them to score in the paint.

bleedprple&gold
06-26-2013, 09:10 PM
The #1 pick this year ain't worth all that...

FraziersKnicks
06-26-2013, 09:12 PM
Dallas doesn't want any salary back in a Trade. Vasquez can play SG. They can give like also Waiters back then maybe have a deal.

So #1 and Waiters (last years #4) for the #6, #24 and a PG when you have Kyrie Irving?

Awful trade idea...

bholly
06-26-2013, 09:13 PM

What? What have Dallas got to do with this?

heyman321
06-26-2013, 09:16 PM
Why would New orleans want to get ripped off?

HouRealCoach
06-26-2013, 09:17 PM

I don't think it's a good trade for New Orleans

mgsports
06-26-2013, 09:18 PM
Somebody said then Cavs Trade VAS and a pick for 13th but Mark Cubin says 13,Marion and maybe Carter up for grabes so they have money to sign like Howard.

bleedprple&gold
06-26-2013, 09:18 PM
The New Orleans pick next year is most likely going to be worth more than the #1 this year alone.

bholly
06-26-2013, 09:25 PM
Somebody said then Cavs Trade VAS and a pick for 13th but Mark Cubin says 13,Marion and maybe Carter up for grabes so they have money to sign like Howard.

Ah, okay. Well you should quote people when you respond to them, otherwise nobody has any idea what you're talking about.

flgatorsandjags
06-26-2013, 09:29 PM
I don't think it's a good trade for New Orleans

I agree I was js

superwill
06-26-2013, 09:35 PM
lakers will trade a pair of black mambas for the #1 pick

raiderposting
06-26-2013, 09:57 PM
The New Orleans pick next year is most likely going to be worth more than the #1 this year alone.

Yea if I'm the cavs I hope they take it. Vasquez can be flipped or be a solid distributor off the bench. The 6th overall this can still get them a decent player. Next year they might be a lotto again the hornets maybe a lotto in a year where lebrons a free agent. Not mention the draft will include wiggins, Parker, the Harrison's, and randle. Kyrie/waiters/Parker/Lebron/Len with a good bench

IndyRealist
06-26-2013, 10:01 PM
The Cavs are apparently hoping to find a GM who just smoked a bunch of crack. All of their trade offers (POR, MIN, NO) are insulting.

ClevelandSpider
06-26-2013, 10:53 PM

you forgot to add that they were blessed by The Black Mamba himself...

OP, it's actually more like "I've never seen a team try to manuever and trade picks and try to make their team better as hard as the Cavs" In the aftermath of the Decision, Chris Grant & co. have been stockpiling picks and making draft day trades and pursuing every avenue to make this team better...you have a team like that and then you have a team like the Bucks that are entrenched in constant mediocrity...in a star driven league with a few HAVES and the rest HAVE NOTS, the worst position to be in is a borderline playoff team, an 8 seed that gets a 1st round sweep and non lottery pick, or a 10th seed that gets a small percentage shot in the lottery...

RipCity32
06-26-2013, 10:59 PM
Hopefully they call the Pistons next.

prodigy
06-26-2013, 11:14 PM
Haha, I dont think I have ever seen a team try to trade their first overall pick as hard as Cle.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/6/26/4467680/nba-trade-rumors-cavaliers-hornets-no-1-pick

They are exploring all options in a weak draft class like any team with common knowledge of the game should.

prodigy
06-26-2013, 11:18 PM
The Cavs are apparently hoping to find a GM who just smoked a bunch of crack. All of their trade offers (POR, MIN, NO) are insulting.

you must be smoking the crack with them. How was the Min trade insulting? lol they offered a rookie who scored 15pts a game, a double double machine in TT and the #1 pick which u hope is at least an NBA starter. all for an injury prone Love who will leave in 2 years anyway.

IversonIsKrazy
06-27-2013, 12:13 AM
LOL! This is going to be rejected so very fast. Think about it, Pelicans will be a lottery pick next year, why in the world would they give up a first-round lottery pick for NEXT YEAR (which should be amazing) for #1 this year Lol!

flgatorsandjags
06-27-2013, 12:21 AM
you must be smoking the crack with them. How was the Min trade insulting? lol they offered a rookie who scored 15pts a game, a double double machine in TT and the #1 pick which u hope is at least an NBA starter. all for an injury prone Love who will leave in 2 years anyway.

First you say "They are exploring all options in a weak draft class like any team with common knowledge of the game should"

The you say "they offered a rookie who scored 15pts a game, a double double machine in TT and the #1 pick which u hope is at least an NBA starter. all for an injury prone Love who will leave in 2 years anyway. " like its a stupid move on Cle. part.

So what are you saying they have common knowledge but not good knowledge?

Mcdoh
06-27-2013, 12:34 AM
bad trade for pelicans..

Raps08-09 Champ
06-27-2013, 12:40 AM
They get their guy in Len and still get a pick next year and a solid young PG as trade bait.

sunsfan88
06-27-2013, 07:57 AM
Haha I knew right on the day of the draft lottery when the Cavs owner and his mentally ill looking son started celebrating after they got the 1st pick that they would try their hardest to trade out of it cause they wouldn't end up wanting that pick later.

ClevelandSpider
06-27-2013, 09:31 AM
Haha I knew right on the day of the draft lottery when the Cavs owner and his mentally ill looking son started celebrating after they got the 1st pick that they would try their hardest to trade out of it cause they wouldn't end up wanting that pick later.

Neurofibromatosis isn't a mental illness *******, it's a nerve disorder that causes tumors to grow anywhere on his body at any time, it has nothing to do with his mind...this kid has been through so much already and yet pathetic POS like you continue to bash him when the balls of chance don't drop your way...losers

ClevelandSpider
06-27-2013, 09:39 AM
First you say "They are exploring all options in a weak draft class like any team with common knowledge of the game should"

The you say "they offered a rookie who scored 15pts a game, a double double machine in TT and the #1 pick which u hope is at least an NBA starter. all for an injury prone Love who will leave in 2 years anyway. " like its a stupid move on Cle. part.

I'm not quite sure you know what you're saying, trying to sort through your fuddled mess of a post is exhausting...not sure what's so hard to understand about what prodigy said...the Cavs are doing their homework and working hard to make this team as better as possible moving forward, how can you fault them for that exactly? It's a business, of course they should be attempting major deals and who cares if they are asking too much, maybe a team makes a deal, maybe they dont and the Cavs get their guy at #1, at least they're trying which they should be, its their job...secondly, the Minny deal would be a bad deal for the Cavs IMO...Waiters and TT progressed throughout the season and will continue to get better, both are starters, the guy the Cavs get at #1 will be an eventual starter, assuming they take Noel or Len who might not be ready for the start of the regular season, that's 3 starters who all have allstar potential for one guy who isn't a superstar...Love is an allstar, he's pretty good, injury prone but pretty good, not worth 3 guys...if the Cavs are going to contend it will be with a strong starting 5 and 3-4 strong role players off the bench, they aren't going to assemble a big 3 like the Heat, they'll be more like the Pistons

I get that a lot of people on these boards don't watch the Cavs a lot if any, but still they post and analyze the organizations moves and roster like they know what's up when they clearly don't, it's worth a good laugh I guess...LOL

sunsfan88
06-27-2013, 10:12 AM
Neurofibromatosis isn't a mental illness *******, it's a nerve disorder that causes tumors to grow anywhere on his body at any time, it has nothing to do with his mind...this kid has been through so much already and yet pathetic POS like you continue to bash him when the balls of chance don't drop your way...losers
I would feel sorry for the kid but idiots like his father go out of their way to try and gain sympathy for the kid publicly by making him the Cavs rep at the draft lotteries and such and then of course ESPN is looking for a good story so they will hype it up too.

I find a lot of it as a publicity stunt.

Klivlend
06-27-2013, 10:35 AM
I would feel sorry for the kid but idiots like his father go out of their way to try and gain sympathy for the kid publicly by making him the Cavs rep at the draft lotteries and such and then of course ESPN is looking for a good story so they will hype it up too.

You sound like a douche canoe dude. His kid is terribly ill. If I had the opportunity to cheer my kid up like this I would do it too. Have some compassion.

ClevelandSpider

Like his disease is just a publicity stunt? Maybe they look at it like "this kid has had such bad luck in life there's gotta be only good luck left," whatever the case, your hatred and pathetic stance is indefensible...no one's asking you to feel sorry for him, fine have a cold heart, be consumed in indifference and hate, what people don't like is when people like you poke fun at a kid like Nick, there's nothing worse than making fun of someone, especially a little kid, with a disease, regardless of who his dad is

Slim Tubby
Nothing against CLE but you know this draft is quite possibly the worst in history with the Cavs not focused on one particular player and offering the pick to every team in the league. #1 in 2013 would likely equate to #15-20 in next year's draft. I would do everything in my power to turn a 2013 pick into one for 2014. And by the way, your hate for the kid is flat out disgusting anyway you want to try and spin in it your own little world.

ClevelandSpider
06-27-2013, 10:41 AM
Nothing against CLE but you know this draft is quite possibly the worst in history with the Cavs not focused on one particular player and offering the pick to every team in the league. #1 in 2013 would likely equate to #15-20 in next year's draft. I would do everything in my power to turn a 2013 pick into one for 2014. And by the way, your hate for the kid is flat out disgusting anyway you want to try and spin in it your own little world.

That's not necessarily true. While it's correct to say this is a weak draft and the Cavs are trying to trade the #1 pick which has only happened twice? in the modern lottery system, it's more of situation where there isn't a consensus #1 guy...the Cavs have a few guys they like but would probably be able to get one of them at 5 or 6, so grabbing them at #1 may be a reach...you can't tell me that Noel, say he stayed in school and got healthy and had a similar season next year, would be 15-20, he'd be a top 10 pick for sure even with next year's loaded class...just look at last years draft, a guy like Robinson who was selected #5 overall in a deep draft, is about to be on his 3rd team...IMO, there are 4-5 guys who would be top 20 guys next year in Noel, McLemore, Porter, Oladipo and maybe Len, with McLemore, Noel and maybe Porter being top 10...

flgatorsandjags
06-27-2013, 10:46 AM
I'm not quite sure you know what you're saying, trying to sort through your fuddled mess of a post is exhausting...not sure what's so hard to understand about what prodigy said...the Cavs are doing their homework and working hard to make this team as better as possible moving forward, how can you fault them for that exactly? It's a business, of course they should be attempting major deals and who cares if they are asking too much, maybe a team makes a deal, maybe they dont and the Cavs get their guy at #1, at least they're trying which they should be, its their job...secondly, the Minny deal would be a bad deal for the Cavs IMO...Waiters and TT progressed throughout the season and will continue to get better, both are starters, the guy the Cavs get at #1 will be an eventual starter, assuming they take Noel or Len who might not be ready for the start of the regular season, that's 3 starters who all have allstar potential for one guy who isn't a superstar...Love is an allstar, he's pretty good, injury prone but pretty good, not worth 3 guys...if the Cavs are going to contend it will be with a strong starting 5 and 3-4 strong role players off the bench, they aren't going to assemble a big 3 like the Heat, they'll be more like the Pistons

I get that a lot of people on these boards don't watch the Cavs a lot if any, but still they post and analyze the organizations moves and roster like they know what's up when they clearly don't, it's worth a good laugh I guess...LOL

I don't know what was so fuddled and messy about that little post it was pretty cut and dry, and if that little post makes you exhausted I think you need to go outside or go to the gym and do some exercises or something

prodigy
06-27-2013, 10:47 AM

They should explore every option that is your job as a GM/front office. I would not do the Love trade if I was Cleveland. Clearly they want another big time star to pair next to irving with is fine, But i can't see Love resigning with cleveland anyway. Thats my opinion.

the Guy I quoted said it was a rip off. Clearly its not a rip off really for either team. Even though i wouldn't do it.

flgatorsandjags
06-27-2013, 10:49 AM
They should explore every option that is your job as a GM/front office. I would not do the Love trade if I was Cleveland. Clearly they want another big time star to pair next to irving with is fine, But i can't see Love resigning with cleveland anyway. Thats my opinion.

the Guy I quoted said it was a rip off. Clearly its not a rip off really for either team. Even though i wouldn't do it.

Yeah I agree with you, hopefully yall can find someone to trade with you.

prodigy
06-27-2013, 10:52 AM

Last 3 years He got the 1st pick twice lol, If the cavs are in the lottery again next season Dan Gilberts son better be there ha.

SteBO
06-27-2013, 11:03 AM
The #1 pick this year ain't worth all that...
Hence why nobody's biting...and rightfully so.

sunsfan88
06-27-2013, 11:16 AM
Like his disease is just a publicity stunt? Maybe they look at it like "this kid has had such bad luck in life there's gotta be only good luck left," whatever the case, your hatred and pathetic stance is indefensible...no one's asking you to feel sorry for him, fine have a cold heart, be consumed in indifference and hate, what people don't like is when people like you poke fun at a kid like Nick, there's nothing worse than making fun of someone, especially a little kid, with a disease, regardless of who his dad is

I'm not making fun of the kid, I never have. I called him mentally ill because I was not sure of his health problem.

It's not like I said "yea the stupid idiot mental ******** kid".

I wish him the best and truly hope he recovers. But I stand by what I said about his dad, the Cavs organization and ESPN trying to put the kid out in public to gain sympathy.

If that was my kid, I wouldn't go around trying to gain sympathy from the whole world or try to get anyone to feel sorry for me. His health problem isn't something to show off, that's all that I'm saying.

KnickaBocka.44
06-27-2013, 12:25 PM
If this deal happens I see the Cavs then flipping Vas to the Mavs for the 13 th pick so they can draft that SF Sergey . Cavs have been trying to trade up to select him .

Wouldnt make sense for the Mavs, they want to dump salary.

KnickaBocka.44
06-27-2013, 12:31 PM

Such bad luck in life that he is the son of a Billionaire and NBA team owner, gets spoiled rotten, hangs with NBA players on the regular. You really do seem to be trying to make the poster feel bad for him.

The poster said he looked like he had a mental disease. It's not exactly a sensitive comment, but just because he isn't correct doesn't mean you are right for going off on him.

KnickaBocka.44
06-27-2013, 12:33 PM
Last 3 years He got the 1st pick twice lol, If the cavs are in the lottery again next season Dan Gilberts son better be there ha.

If the Cavs are in the lottery agin, they are a joke. If they win the lottery again, the NBA is a joke.

ClevelandSpider
06-27-2013, 01:03 PM
Such bad luck in life that he is the son of a Billionaire and NBA team owner, gets spoiled rotten, hangs with NBA players on the regular. You really do seem to be trying to make the poster feel bad for him.

The poster said he looked like he had a mental disease. It's not exactly a sensitive comment, but just because he isn't correct doesn't mean you are right for going off on him.

So you would trade your problems for his??? :facepalm: I sure as heck wouldn't, the most important thing in life is your health, all the money in the world ain't worth having a debilitating disease like Nick has, if you don't understand that then you're hopeless

Bmoss12
06-27-2013, 01:05 PM
Theyd be better off going for Ryan Anderson.

#1 and Zeller for Anderson, #6 and 2014 pick. Taking away the Pelicans only PG doesnt seem like something they want to do, when they could get a PG at 6.

ClevelandSpider
06-27-2013, 01:07 PM
If the Cavs are in the lottery agin, they are a joke. If they win the lottery again, the NBA is a joke.

That's funny, a Knicks fan talking about "jokes." We could talk about how the Knicks have been a joke for a couple decades or we could joke about the $100 million dollar role player Amare Stoudemire...I'll take the Cavs chances of contending going forward over the Knicks, who are the epitome of never living up to the hype...can't believe they still call MSG the Mecca, now that's a real joke Ha

KnickaBocka.44
06-27-2013, 01:09 PM
So you would trade your problems for his??? :facepalm: I sure as heck wouldn't, the most important thing in life is your health, all the money in the world ain't worth having a debilitating disease like Nick has, if you don't understand that then you're hopeless

If you can't understand that the world isn't butterflies and rainbows than you, sir, are the hopeless one. There are kids dying from conditions just as bad that are living in poverty all over the world. Get off your high horse.

KnickaBocka.44
06-27-2013, 01:09 PM
That's funny, a Knicks fan talking about "jokes." We could talk about how the Knicks have been a joke for a couple decades or we could joke about the $100 million dollar role player Amare Stoudemire...I'll take the Cavs chances of contending going forward over the Knicks, who are the epitome of never living up to the hype...can't believe they still call MSG the Mecca, now that's a real joke Ha

You're talking about old stuff. I'm talking about now. You've got nothing.

ClevelandSpider
06-27-2013, 01:11 PM
I'm not making fun of the kid, I never have. I called him mentally ill because I was not sure of his health problem.

It's not like I said "yea the stupid idiot mental ******** kid".

I wish him the best and truly hope he recovers. But I stand by what I said about his dad, the Cavs organization and ESPN trying to put the kid out in public to gain sympathy.

If that was my kid, I wouldn't go around trying to gain sympathy from the whole world or try to get anyone to feel sorry for me. His health problem isn't something to show off, that's all that I'm saying.

So what would you call all of the ESPN specials featuring terminally ill children getting to meet their favorite players or all the make a wish foundation stuff...you think that's all for sympathy...people like Nick don't need everyone's sympathy, it does nothing for them, what does matter is getting on stage at the NBA draft, repping your favorite team and being a part of something historic and bigger than life...you're naive if you think events like those I've mentioned are conducted to garner sympathy, its not about other people, it's all about the kid, living in the moment having the spotlight on them, letting them live out their dreams and be happy, the notion that there's ulterior motives at work is ludicrous

ClevelandSpider
06-27-2013, 01:12 PM
You're talking about old stuff. I'm talking about now. You've got nothing.

Neither the Cavs or the Knicks will get out of the East next year. The difference between the two is we don't have the lofty expectations, the wasted $100 million contract. We have lots of draft picks, young talent and tons of cap space next summer, I'll take the Cavs

KnickaBocka.44
06-27-2013, 01:15 PM
We'll we've got the #1 pick, 19, 31 and 33. We have Kyrie Irving and a lot of cap space next summer. The Knicks will never get past the Heat so come next June, Melo and Kyrie will both be off fishing while Amare counts his millions...

You've got all those picks in the worst draft in years, congrats.

Kyrie will be watching Melo from his favorite armchair in May, probably with one of his appendages elevated over his head for blood flow, as usual.

ClevelandSpider
06-27-2013, 01:25 PM
If you can't understand that the world isn't butterflies and rainbows than you, sir, are the hopeless one. There are kids dying from conditions just as bad that are living in poverty all over the world. Get off your high horse.

You didn't answer my question. Would you trade his problems for yours? Would you take on his disease to be the son of a billionaire and get to hang out with NBA players? You made an incredibly naive assertion that he doesn't have it that bad because he's rich :facepalm:

ClevelandSpider
06-27-2013, 01:27 PM
You've got all those picks in the worst draft in years, congrats.

Kyrie will be watching Melo from his favorite armchair in May, probably with one of his appendages elevated over his head for blood flow, as usual.

You don't really see the Knicks going far in the playoffs next year do you?? A LeBron-less Heat team next year would beat the Knicks in a 7 game series, the full championship squad would sweep the Knickerbockers, so maybe they make the 2nd round, I have them as the 5th seed next year and they won't be the best team in NY

3RDASYSTEM
06-27-2013, 01:59 PM

I was thinking the same thing since they have the dleague mvp mini mamba and the 2008 mvp black mamba, im sure KUPCHAK would consider that strongly

KnickaBocka.44
06-27-2013, 03:20 PM
You didn't answer my question. Would you trade his problems for yours? Would you take on his disease to be the son of a billionaire and get to hang out with NBA players? You made an incredibly naive assertion that he doesn't have it that bad because he's rich :facepalm:

It's not about my problems. It's about the fact that he has a nice life, regardless of how long it is or what he is struggling with. No one knows when they will be gone, and most people don't get to experience the things he does.

The point I'm making is that the life he lives, although it may be shorter, is definitely not going to be lacking opportunity and excitement. Because he is in such a situation he has greater access to treatment than others that may have the same condition.

You say it's naive to say he doesn't have it that bad because he is rich, well how would you feel about someone in the same situation who is poor and doesn't happen to be the son of your favorite team's owner?

KnickaBocka.44
06-27-2013, 03:22 PM
You don't really see the Knicks going far in the playoffs next year do you?? A LeBron-less Heat team next year would beat the Knicks in a 7 game series, the full championship squad would sweep the Knickerbockers, so maybe they make the 2nd round, I have them as the 5th seed next year and they won't be the best team in NY

Woulda sworn this thread was about the Cavs :confused:

Lake_Show2416
06-27-2013, 03:40 PM
the reports have been that the Cavs have been overrating the value of the #1 pick, if this offer is true then that proves the rumors r true, Vasquez is a dam good player

ClevelandSpider
06-27-2013, 04:25 PM
It's not about my problems. It's about the fact that he has a nice life, regardless of how long it is or what he is struggling with. No one knows when they will be gone, and most people don't get to experience the things he does.

The point I'm making is that the life he lives, although it may be shorter, is definitely not going to be lacking opportunity and excitement. Because he is in such a situation he has greater access to treatment than others that may have the same condition.

You say it's naive to say he doesn't have it that bad because he is rich, well how would you feel about someone in the same situation who is poor and doesn't happen to be the son of your favorite team's owner?

I don't have a hard time showing empathy or compassion, a kid with the same disease in a 3rd world nation is as important to me as Nick Gilbert, however it is you who is lacking in the empathy department and making light of his situation in saying it's not that bad, you seem extremely superficial and that's fine, to each his own, but to me all the money in the world means nothing if you don't have your health, if you think otherwise you are naive, plain and simple