PDA

View Full Version : LeBron calls his title clinching jumper his MJ moment.

Longhornfan1234
06-26-2013, 07:07 PM
"I know it wasn't the magnitude of MJ hitting that shot in '98, but I definitely thought about him," James said. "It was an MJ moment." He paused as a turn of phrase came to mind. "It was an LJ moment."

Do you agree with the best player in the game?

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/26/lebron-calls-his-title-clinching-jumper-his-michael-jordan-moment/

jchase3
06-26-2013, 07:21 PM
lebron is such a clown

ATX
06-26-2013, 07:22 PM
"I know it wasn't the magnitude of MJ hitting that shot in '98, but I definitely thought about him," James said. "It was an MJ moment." He paused as a turn of phrase came to mind. "It was an LJ moment."

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/26/lebron-calls-his-title-clinching-jumper-his-michael-jordan-moment/

Sure, it was a huge clutch shot, and he was speaking candidly...I have no problem with it, but I'm sure you and your agenda do. Why don't you enlighten us?

justinnum1
06-26-2013, 07:23 PM
lebron is such a clown

:)

Longhornfan1234
06-26-2013, 07:25 PM
Sure, it was a huge clutch shot, and he was speaking candidly...I have no problem with it, but I'm sure you and your agenda do. Why don't you enlighten us?

I think his shot was better than MJ's infamous push off Byron Russell shot.

valade16
06-26-2013, 07:25 PM

His MJ moment was probably scoring like 25 straight points to eliminate the Pistons in the ECFs.

ATX
06-26-2013, 07:26 PM
lebron is such a clown

...And this is why this bait thread was created. Simple innocent comment, that will be skewed into a reason to hate.

majmarcus
06-26-2013, 07:33 PM
When i read the thread title...I said oh boy. But MJ did push the hell outta Russell. The greatest baller of all time performed the greatest push of all time. do yall think that push would be a flagrant 2 in today's NBA???

Knowledge
06-26-2013, 07:37 PM
I don't see anything wrong with his quote.

jchase3
06-26-2013, 07:38 PM
...And this is why this bait thread was created. Simple innocent comment, that will be skewed into a reason to hate.

not hating... the guy constantly talks about how great he is. just because I have a Kobe logo as my picture you automatically assume any negative comment I have about lebron is "hating." Hilarious

Hawkeye15
06-26-2013, 07:42 PM
does anyone really have a problem with this?

jchase3
06-26-2013, 07:44 PM
if no one has a problem with it and it's not a big deal then why did anyone even start a thread about it?

BigBlueCrew
06-26-2013, 07:45 PM

why is everything "baiting"? He was the one who said it. :confused: Why cant he just keep mouth shut and let everyone else decide that?

Kyben36
06-26-2013, 07:46 PM
well I stoped hating him for 5 seconds, and now I hate him again. what a fool

barreleffact
06-26-2013, 07:54 PM
Nowhere near the MJ's Game 6 shot IMO. The gravity increased being a game 7 for sure. I am definitely not in anyway trying to downgrade his great game 7, but MJ's was more difficult. He had to push off to get space, LJ was left WIDE open thanks to a poor defensive scheme by Pop and execution by both Leonard and Parker.
MJ got no help on his play and Russel played great and tight D until the push.
LJ made his shot at home. MJ was playing a closeout on the road.

These details are minuscule compared to the fact that MJ was down 1. If he missed, they were playing game 7 on the road. LJ was up a possession and with the absolutely abysmal late game execution by the Spurs, the game was likely already over or close to it. He definitely iced the cake to secure it, but the Spurs were highly unlikely to come back considering how they gave up both game 6 and game 7 due to late game failures.

LAKobeBryant
06-26-2013, 07:57 PM

Lmao
He always has to say something foolish to remind everyone why we should hate him

ATX
not hating... the guy constantly talks about how great he is. just because I have a Kobe logo as my picture you automatically assume any negative comment I have about lebron is "hating." Hilarious

Uh no, calling him a clown is why I "Assumed" you were hating.

barreleffact
When i read the thread title...I said oh boy. But MJ did push the hell outta Russell. The greatest baller of all time performed the greatest push of all time. do yall think that push would be a flagrant 2 in today's NBA???
Heck no! Called an offensive foul? Maybe. Even that is a 50:50 crap shoot because of MJs status and the situation where refs do not want to be the deciding factor in a playoff series at the last few possessions (before that they act like they are players though except this finals series which was very well officiated for an NBA series)

natelpete
06-26-2013, 08:04 PM
why is everything "baiting"? He was the one who said it. :confused: Why cant he just keep mouth shut and let everyone else decide that?
Why can't he just talk without everyone getting mad?

More-Than-Most
06-26-2013, 08:10 PM
And down the line other people will say they had a James type moment when he becomes the GOAT

bucketss
06-26-2013, 08:11 PM
Nowhere near the MJ's Game 6 shot IMO. The gravity increased being a game 7 for sure. I am definitely not in anyway trying to downgrade his great game 7, but MJ's was more difficult. He had to push off to get space, LJ was left WIDE open thanks to a poor defensive scheme by Pop and execution by both Leonard and Parker.
MJ got no help on his play and Russel played great and tight D until the push.
LJ made his shot at home. MJ was playing a closeout on the road.

These details are minuscule compared to the fact that MJ was down 1. If he missed, they were playing game 7 on the road. LJ was up a possession and with the absolutely abysmal late game execution by the Spurs, the game was likely already over or close to it. He definitely iced the cake to secure it, but the Spurs were highly unlikely to come back considering how they gave up both game 6 and game 7 due to late game failures.

well, since they didn't call the offensive foul, you can say the refs helped a little with that great assit. but i agree, obviously mjs shot was much more epic.

bucketss
06-26-2013, 08:14 PM
lebron admits that it wasn't the magnitude of the mj shot, all he says is it was his mj moment .. lebron haters still get mad, lmao.

BigBlueCrew
06-26-2013, 08:14 PM

Because he is a chicken **** human being......

Thats why he does all those little social media clips. "Hey haters how does it feel ha ha ha ha" He is so passive aggressive. Even this statement he backed off of it saying meh "It was an LJ moment"

29$JerZ
06-26-2013, 08:15 PM
He's a troll, I think I like him as a player now.

Knick_Fever
06-26-2013, 08:17 PM

Actually I think his shot in game 6 that brought the lead down to 2 was more of an MJ moment for him, a lot more pressure at that time.

ATX
06-26-2013, 08:18 PM

Agreed

I'd also like to add that according to Rachel Nichols, it was reported that "While James was apparently catching up on seasons of 24, he also divulged that he was getting in some vital research work, as he revealed old Bulls Finals games made their way into this entertainment rotation."

So the comment becomes even clearer. Not that this is even needed to justify his defense, as he clearly doesn't need one. Just pointing it out.

bucketss
06-26-2013, 08:18 PM

Thats why he does all those little social media clips. "Hey haters how does it feel ha ha ha ha" He is so passive aggressive. Even this statement he backed off of it saying meh "It was an LJ moment"

lool HE AINT GOT NO WORRIES DOE YOU MAD?? ;--p

bucketss
06-26-2013, 08:22 PM

lol idk, its not like hes been accused of rape, or did some things that got his father murdered. dude can't even say anything without people finding reasons to be offended. lol

MinnesotaFtw
06-26-2013, 08:24 PM
It was a fantastic shot. Good lord, the guy can't do anything right by some peoples opinions.

BigBlueCrew
06-26-2013, 08:24 PM
lol idk, its not like hes been accused of rape, or did some things that got his father murdered. dude can't even say anything without people finding reasons to be offended. lol

even if he was, you and the other losers in south beach would still defend him

MinnesotaFtw
06-26-2013, 08:25 PM

Technically, they're winners...

natelpete
06-26-2013, 08:26 PM

You think about Lebron a lot don't you? I bet he thinks about you a lot, too.

BigBlueCrew
06-26-2013, 08:26 PM
You think about Lebron a lot don't you? I bet he thinks about you a lot, too.

yes all the time :rolleyes: even now in the nba off season

ATX
06-26-2013, 08:29 PM

2 things to take away from this comment.

You're evidently a really petty loser and calling fans of a reigning B2B Championship team losers, well isn't it obvious?

natelpete
06-26-2013, 08:30 PM
yes all the time :rolleyes: even now in the nba off season
It's quite obvious.

ragee
06-26-2013, 08:31 PM
No. His MJ moment is when he carried his team in game 6.

Teeboy1487
06-26-2013, 08:32 PM
It was a Lebron moment. I thought Lebron did not give himself enough credit. Jordan is the GOAT, but he did not invent clutch moments. Lebron himself made this moment happen. It's a tribute to his own greatness, not Jordan's. Still I can't help, but admire the humble attitude this guy has though.

amos1er
06-26-2013, 08:36 PM
I don't recall MJ ever needing 7 games to knock of an inferior opponent in the finals.

Mr_Jones
06-26-2013, 08:38 PM
He's just gotta not talk, man. He makes it tough for people to like him. Just play, please, dude.

Achilles24
06-26-2013, 08:44 PM
I think this is the biggest difference between Kobe and LeBron.

Both guys coming into the league wanted to "be like Mike" and then "better than Mike".

Kobe had the mannerisms and moves of MJ, and after winning the 02 title (his 3rd straight), which was his 6th season, he was wearing MJ's #23 Bulls jersey in the post-championship celebration when Shaq told him "Ain't it bout time you started wearing your old jersey?", telling the young Kobe that he's basically his own dude.

No matter what after that and even before that occurrence, Kobe never put himself in Michael's conversation. He had the utmost respect for Mike and he still does. For all you young lads out there, watch the 98 All-star game and watch how everyone was hyping Kobe, but watch Kobe himself despite all of that happening in the biggest media market that was in New York, and he was still paying respects to the GOAT.

And then you talk about a guy like LeBron, who from day #1 as regarded himself not just "to be like Mike", but to be better than him. He stole MJ's powder routine, he wore the #23, he named himself the "CHOSEN ONE" as the one who to 'succeed MJ as the heir apparent'. After switching teams, leaving his home city high and dry, ascending into the best player and all of that, he still puts himself in that category and he keeps talking about it on and on and on. He has gone as far as to say that "titles" actually don't determine a player's career and he feels despite that, he can be the GOAT. After 2 teams, 10 yrs, the guy still has not become humbled. You see him with his self-promotion, his tweets and touts after winning his 2nd title, trying to prove others wrong etc.

Kobe gets a bad rep, but people don't realize that LeBron has become an even bigger ego-maniac as time as gone on, but he rarely ever gets called out on it like Kobe has. And if anything, we have learned that Kobe is actually as humble as it gets when it comes to how he feels he should be perceived in the public eye and from fans all around the world. While LeBron spites the viewers that don't support him with his "Ain't nothing that bothers me" and "All of you will go back to your original boring hard difficult lives after I lose" comments.

Kobe has always had haters and always been linked to Mike, but the guy has never acted or exacerbated the situation. LeBron on the other hand has always reacted to haters and if it's not ESPN making the link to MJ, he'll make sure one way or another he himself does so.

ATX
06-26-2013, 08:58 PM
I don't recall MJ ever needing 7 games to knock of an inferior opponent in the finals.

So your done with the Kobe comparisons now (Smart) and now solely onto the Jordan ones? Well as a troll, I suppose that's your best and only strategy now, since you'll probably always have that over James...And thus become your singular and only sensible argument. Of ALL the posters on this site, no hater/homer comes close to this obsession with any player in the NBA.

STAT1
06-26-2013, 08:58 PM
It's corny. "A LJ moment." You know he thought of that and couldn't wait to say it.

ztilzer31
06-26-2013, 09:02 PM

Both guys coming into the league wanted to "be like Mike" and then "better than Mike".

Kobe had the mannerisms and moves of MJ, and after winning the 02 title (his 3rd straight), which was his 6th season, he was wearing MJ's #23 Bulls jersey in the post-championship celebration when Shaq told him "Ain't it bout time you started wearing your old jersey?", telling the young Kobe that he's basically his own dude.

No matter what after that and even before that occurrence, Kobe never put himself in Michael's conversation. He had the utmost respect for Mike and he still does. For all you young lads out there, watch the 98 All-star game and watch how everyone was hyping Kobe, but watch Kobe himself despite all of that happening in the biggest media market that was in New York, and he was still paying respects to the GOAT.

And then you talk about a guy like LeBron, who from day #1 as regarded himself not just "to be like Mike", but to be better than him. He stole MJ's powder routine, he wore the #23, he named himself the "CHOSEN ONE" as the one who to 'succeed MJ as the heir apparent'. After switching teams, leaving his home city high and dry, ascending into the best player and all of that, he still puts himself in that category and he keeps talking about it on and on and on. He has gone as far as to say that "titles" actually don't determine a player's career and he feels despite that, he can be the GOAT. After 2 teams, 10 yrs, the guy still has not become humbled. You see him with his self-promotion, his tweets and touts after winning his 2nd title, trying to prove others wrong etc.

Kobe gets a bad rep, but people don't realize that LeBron has become an even bigger ego-maniac as time as gone on, but he rarely ever gets called out on it like Kobe has. And if anything, we have learned that Kobe is actually as humble as it gets when it comes to how he feels he should be perceived in the public eye and from fans all around the world. While LeBron spites the viewers that don't support him with his "Ain't nothing that bothers me" and "All of you will go back to your original boring hard difficult lives after I lose" comments.

Kobe has always had haters and always been linked to Mike, but the guy has never acted or exacerbated the situation. LeBron on the other hand has always reacted to haters and if it's not ESPN making the link to MJ, he'll make sure one way or another he himself does so.

Why does him saying it was his "mj moment" mean he was putting himself in that conversation? When has LBJ ever put himself in that conversation.

Kobe gave himself a nickname. Raped a girl, bought off his wife only to cheat on her again. He's sued his mom. He talks about himself in the third person.

Kobe is probably legally insane. He is completely clueless when it comes to other people. He literally comes off as a sociopath at times. He doesn't understand people, and he doesn't really try to. He's also smug as ****. You can always tell, especially whenever he talks about Dwight. He calls out people in the media. He never takes responsibility for anything, and he never take any blame for anything from anyone. Including his own fans.

Kobe's "leadership skills" are horrible. The only player he's been able to get more out of is Pau. Besides that no one has been able to handle playing with Kobe. His ego gets in the way.

ztilzer31
06-26-2013, 09:02 PM
So your done with the Kobe comparisons now (Smart) and now solely onto the Jordan ones? Well as a troll, I suppose that's your best and only strategy now, since you'll probably always have that over James...And thus become your singular and only sensible argument. Of ALL the posters on this site, no hater/homer comes close to this obsession with any player in the NBA.

Ignore that clown.

STAT1
06-26-2013, 09:04 PM
It was a Lebron moment. I thought Lebron did not give himself enough credit. Jordan is the GOAT, but he did not invent clutch moments. Lebron himself made this moment happen. It's a tribute to his own greatness, not Jordan's. Still I can't help, but admire the humble attitude this guy has though.

The humble part was sarcasm right? It's hard to tell on the Internet.

Achilles24
06-26-2013, 09:08 PM
Why does him saying it was his "mj moment" mean he was putting himself in that conversation? When has LBJ ever put himself in that conversation.

Kobe gave himself a nickname. Raped a girl, bought off his wife only to cheat on her again. He's sued his mom. He talks about himself in the third person.

Kobe is probably legally insane. He is completely clueless when it comes to other people. He literally comes off as a sociopath at times. He doesn't understand people, and he doesn't really try to. He's also smug as ****. You can always tell, especially whenever he talks about Dwight. He calls out people in the media. He never takes responsibility for anything, and he never take any blame for anything from anyone. Including his own fans.

Kobe's "leadership skills" are horrible. The only player he's been able to get more out of is Pau. Besides that no one has been able to handle playing with Kobe. His ego gets in the way.

I believe you went off on a completely different tangent talking about Kobe's "leadership skills" "suing mom" "rape" and throwing in there Dwight and Pau, which has nothing to do with the topic at hand of having the "MJ moment" and of the comparisons to Michael.

And if anything, LeBron has always regarded himself in the 3rd person. ALWAYS.

I cant get involved in that. I wanted to do what was best for LeBron James.

A LeBron James team is never desperate.

"LeBron stays humble by just being LeBron"

And you're upset of Kobe calling himself "Black Mamba". I don't see how that's in any relation to Michael. It's not like he's calling himself "The Chosen One".

But now you're talking about how bad of a teammate Kobe is, well, how about when LeBron said:

Im only one guy, James said. I took Hedo in the first game and Rashard made the shot. I took Rashard in the second game and Hedo made the shot.

If I could clone myself, wed be all right. But I cant.

Please man, spare the embarrassment.

barreleffact
06-26-2013, 09:09 PM

Go home troll. You're drunk!

pacman16
06-26-2013, 09:17 PM
Lol Lebron even says it wasn't up to the magnitude of jordans shot but to him it was a "moment" in his career.... this guy should go mute cause no matter what he does on or off the court he gets hated on.
"lebron bought blue jordans"... What?! BLUE!! what a ***... guy can't play ball or buy nice colored shoes, we all know red is whats up!!... sad how people hate on success cause they haven't reached **** in their own lives.

Delrayhc
06-26-2013, 09:18 PM

So your saying that your a big tennis and golf fan , correct?

bucketss
06-26-2013, 09:19 PM

humble lol.. i read his twitter once, where he basically said he would have been better the jordan if he didn't have to play with shaq...

bucketss
06-26-2013, 09:22 PM
Lol Lebron even says it wasn't up to the magnitude of jordans shot but to him it was a "moment" in his career.... this guy should go mute cause no matter what he does on or off the court he gets hated on.
"lebron bought blue jordans"... What?! BLUE!! what a ***... guy can't play ball or buy nice colored shoes, we all know red is whats up!!... sad how people hate on success cause they haven't reached **** in their own lives.

LOOL i mentioned that earlier, these haters are just hungry for some controversy.

Teeboy1487
06-26-2013, 09:28 PM
The humble part was sarcasm right? It's hard to tell on the Internet.

No sarcasm at all.

More-Than-Most
06-26-2013, 09:29 PM

Jordan and his super team escaped such a dangerous situation... This further makes lebron great... Game 7 all on the line and he did what he did like a boss.

BigBlueCrew
06-26-2013, 09:31 PM
Jordan and his super team escaped such a dangerous situation... This further makes lebron great... Game 7 all on the line and he did what he did like a boss.

:facepalm: the sad part is your entirely serious about this

Achilles24
06-26-2013, 09:37 PM
humble lol.. i read his twitter once, where he basically said he would have been better the jordan if he didn't have to play with shaq...

First of all, no, you are incorrect. Very incorrect in fact. When Phil came out with his new book last month, and went on Oprah and on the radio etc and started comparing Kobe to Michael for the 1 millionth time, Kobe came out and said that you really can't compare him and MJ as they started off with different career paths. Michael came in more mature having played for Dean Smith (which Phil admitted) and started his NBA career as the man while Kobe started off on the bench because Del Harris was well, Del Harris.

Kobe never said he would have been better than Jordan blah blah blah. It was moreso of him saying "you just can't make the comparison".

And secondly, is that the only weak 1 sentence you could up with in response to my post?

Please, if you are going to reply to my post, I expect something better and worthwhile for me and everyone else here to read. Thanks.

koreancabbage
06-26-2013, 09:40 PM

thats b/c he was falling out in the first rounds before Pippen got there.

amos1er
06-26-2013, 09:44 PM
thats b/c he was falling out in the first rounds before Pippen got there.

And of course Pippen > Wade right. :rolleyes:

More-Than-Most
06-26-2013, 09:45 PM
:facepalm: the sad part is your entirely serious about this

He had a big 3 but his team was pretty amazing depth wise. The heat honestly have 3 superstars but not much else in my honest opinion. How can they be a super team when there are more complete teams? The spurs/Thunder/Pacers/Bulls are more complete teams to me.... There can be arguments for clippers/Memphis as well. The heat won because James carried them.... If they had any other player instead of James with that group they dont make the finals. The pacers/Bulls will be better next year if they stick with the team they have

bucketss
06-26-2013, 09:48 PM
First of all, no, you are incorrect. Very incorrect in fact. When Phil came out with his new book last month, and went on Oprah and on the radio etc and started comparing Kobe to Michael for the 1 millionth time, Kobe came out and said that you really can't compare him and MJ as they started off with different career paths. Michael came in more mature having played for Dean Smith (which Phil admitted) and started his NBA career as the man while Kobe started off on the bench because Del Harris was well, Del Harris.

Kobe never said he would have been better than Jordan blah blah blah. It was moreso of him saying "you just can't make the comparison".

And secondly, is that the only weak 1 sentence you could up with in response to my post?

Please, if you are going to reply to my post, I expect something better and worthwhile for me and everyone else here to read. Thanks.
https://twitter.com/kobebryant/status/335485124219129856

look at that, dude thinks hes better than jordan.. he just doesn't want to say it because he knows the media would make a huge deal. his ego is on another level. and you wonder why hes always throwing his team mates under the bus instead of taking blame.

Achilles24
06-26-2013, 09:56 PM
https://twitter.com/kobebryant/status/335485124219129856

look at that, dude thinks hes better than jordan.. he just doesn't want to say it because he knows the media would make a huge deal. his ego is on another level. and you wonder why hes always throwing his team mates under the bus instead of taking blame.

That doesn't prove that Kobe think he's better than Jordan. Not one bit. He talks about perception, not opportunity and performance etc and what could have been. You're reaching bro.

bucketss
06-26-2013, 09:59 PM
one more thing, when lebron was young .. he admitted kobe was the best in the league. but now that kobe is reaching his last years mr.bryant still can't admit ****!, he tells people "i aint passing ****".

Achilles24
06-26-2013, 10:01 PM
He had a big 3 but his team was pretty amazing depth wise. The heat honestly have 3 superstars but not much else in my honest opinion. How can they be a super team when there are more complete teams? The spurs/Thunder/Pacers/Bulls are more complete teams to me.... There can be arguments for clippers/Memphis as well. The heat won because James carried them.... If they had any other player instead of James with that group they dont make the finals. The pacers/Bulls will be better next year if they stick with the team they have

The Heat have the best shooters in the league. Ray Allen even said that this was the best collective team of shooters that he's ever been with, and the guy has played through 17 yrs in this league with different teams and personnel. He's played with other shooters as a young Buck in Milwaukee with Cassell, Big Dog Glenn, young Michael Redd, Tim Thomas. And then in Seattle with Rashard, Radmanovic and Ridnour. Then in Boston with Eddie House, Cassell, Posey.

But this is by far the best 3 pt shooters he's been playing with like Mike Miller, Battier, Chalmers, Shard again, James Jones etc.

Allen himself has said that this is the best bunch of 3 pt shooters collectively in his entire career. That itself tells you LeBron had the adequate amount of help and you're underrating his team support.

Achilles24
06-26-2013, 10:02 PM
one more thing, when lebron was young .. he admitted kobe was the best in the league. but now that kobe is reaching his last years mr.bryant still can't admit ****!, he tells people "i aint passing ****".

Last 2 yrs, Kobe has been asked who the best player in the league is, and without hesitation, has said LeBron James.

When asked which 1 player he would love to team up with, he said LeBron James.

Not sure where you're getting this from man.

bucketss
06-26-2013, 10:05 PM
Last 2 yrs, Kobe has been asked who the best player in the league is, and without hesitation, has said LeBron James.

When asked which 1 player he would love to team up with, he said LeBron James.

Not sure where you're getting this from man.

wrong. they asked excluding himself who is the best and than kobe said lebron.

RiceOnTheRun
06-26-2013, 10:11 PM

? You forget MJ and Kobe were also some of the most arrogant players in the league. It comes with being a superstar.

Achilles24
06-26-2013, 10:13 PM
wrong. they asked excluding himself who is the best and than kobe said lebron.

Oh my, well then, that changes everything now doesn't it. Kobe should be put on a timeout for that, what say?

More-Than-Most
06-26-2013, 10:19 PM
The Heat have the best shooters in the league. Ray Allen even said that this was the best collective team of shooters that he's ever been with, and the guy has played through 17 yrs in this league with different teams and personnel. He's played with other shooters as a young Buck in Milwaukee with Cassell, Big Dog Glenn, young Michael Redd, Tim Thomas. And then in Seattle with Rashard, Radmanovic and Ridnour. Then in Boston with Eddie House, Cassell, Posey.

But this is by far the best 3 pt shooters he's been playing with like Mike Miller, Battier, Chalmers, Shard again, James Jones etc.

Allen himself has said that this is the best bunch of 3 pt shooters collectively in his entire career. That itself tells you LeBron had the adequate amount of help and you're underrating his team support.

A new player to a team who was once great but no longer in his prime came out and said how great his teammates are :speechless: What a shocker that is. Come on man of course he said this.

bucketss
06-26-2013, 10:20 PM
Oh my, well then, that changes everything now doesn't it. Kobe should be put on a timeout for that, what say?

dude thinks hes the best player in the league, i find that pretty comical. but im sure its just his confidence in himself right?:rolleyes:

bucketss
06-26-2013, 10:22 PM

seems like his shooters, two of which that you listed don't even play. are more impressive than wade or bosh LOL, you guys mention shooters way too much.. they get open shots brought to you by lebron.

ztilzer31
06-26-2013, 10:23 PM
I believe you went off on a completely different tangent talking about Kobe's "leadership skills" "suing mom" "rape" and throwing in there Dwight and Pau, which has nothing to do with the topic at hand of having the "MJ moment" and of the comparisons to Michael.

And if anything, LeBron has always regarded himself in the 3rd person. ALWAYS.

I cant get involved in that. I wanted to do what was best for LeBron James.

A LeBron James team is never desperate.

"LeBron stays humble by just being LeBron"

And you're upset of Kobe calling himself "Black Mamba". I don't see how that's in any relation to Michael. It's not like he's calling himself "The Chosen One".

But now you're talking about how bad of a teammate Kobe is, well, how about when LeBron said:

Im only one guy, James said. I took Hedo in the first game and Rashard made the shot. I took Rashard in the second game and Hedo made the shot.

If I could clone myself, wed be all right. But I cant.

Please man, spare the embarrassment.

You were talking about personality wise like it's even a contest. Kobe is straight a ********, and a generally conceded person on and off the court. It comes off in his interviews. His criminal history, and his personal life. If you want to compare Kobe's and Lebron's ego it's not even close. Kobe is literally all ego. He never lets loose. He doesn't get a long with his teammates, and he is always putting on some sort of weird show for his fans. Weather it be an interview or twitter message his whole personality comes off as staged.

Yeah LBJ wasn't the greatest leader off the bat. His move to Miami definitely made a huge difference. He humbled. Cleveland LBJ/Miami LBJ are 2 different players. Both are very good, but the one from Miami has GOAT potential ;)

Achilles24
06-26-2013, 10:24 PM
dude thinks hes the best player in the league, i find that pretty comical. but im sure its just his confidence in himself right?:rolleyes:

You seem very hostile towards Kobe. This is certainly not healthy.

Achilles24
06-26-2013, 10:26 PM
You were talking about personality wise like it's even a contest. Kobe is straight a ********, and a generally conceded person on and off the court. It comes off in his interviews. His criminal history, and his personal life. If you want to compare Kobe's and Lebron's ego it's not even close. Kobe is literally all ego. He never lets loose. He doesn't get a long with his teammates, and he is always putting on some sort of weird show for his fans. Weather it be an interview or twitter message his whole personality comes off as staged.

Yeah LBJ wasn't the greatest leader off the bat. His move to Miami definitely made a huge difference. He humbled. Cleveland LBJ/Miami LBJ are 2 different players. Both are very good, but the one from Miami has GOAT potential ;)

Whatever you have just claimed her has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

I said LeBron's ego when it comes to comparing himself to Michael has gotten even worse over the years. Answer that.

Achilles24
06-26-2013, 10:30 PM
seems like his shooters, two of which that you listed don't even play. are more impressive than wade or bosh LOL, you guys mention shooters way too much.. they get open shots brought to you by lebron.

Then why didn't Mo Williams, Anthony Parker and Gibson constantly hit their 3s in Cleveland? Was it because LeBron was not as good in breaking down defenses back then and couldn't get open looks for his guys, or was it simply because they weren't as good as 3 pt shooters as what LeBron has had the last 2-3 yrs?

I'm confused.

And again, you're like the other guy and getting off topic.

Achilles24
06-26-2013, 10:31 PM
A new player to a team who was once great but no longer in his prime came out and said how great his teammates are :speechless: What a shocker that is. Come on man of course he said this.

So this is your argument? Because you feel he was entitled to say that because he's an old vet on his way out of this league?

Hawkeye15
06-26-2013, 10:33 PM
I mean, was his jumper not the clincher? My god, people will overreact to everything.

RiceOnTheRun
06-26-2013, 10:38 PM
Then why didn't Mo Williams, Anthony Parker and Gibson constantly hit their 3s in Cleveland? Was it because LeBron was not as good in breaking down defenses back then and couldn't get open looks for his guys, or was it simply because they weren't as good as 3 pt shooters as what LeBron has had the last 2-3 yrs?

I'm confused.

And again, you're like the other guy and getting off topic.

Uh that's exactly it. He's grown so much better as a player in Miami it's ridiculous. Post game, better jumper, better three point shooter. Plus his maturity and capability to handle pressure has grown as well.

When you have the GOAT 3pt shooter in Ray Allen, no **** he's going to hit more shots. However, that also means people are gonna cover him tighter and it's Lebron's job to hit him with the open threes. If you haven't already seen, they've had several game winner threes/assists together over the regular season where Lebron would have the ball, drive in and kick it out when Ray's man doubles onto him.

Achilles24
06-26-2013, 10:40 PM
I mean, was his jumper not the clincher? My god, people will overreact to everything.

No question his jumper was the championship game clincher. But Michael's was the championship game winner.

Different situations. LeBron put his team up 4 when already up by 2 at home. Michael, with his team down by 1 at the hostile Delta Center in Utah hit the game winner with 5.2 seconds left on a near last second possession.

LeBron's shot was great but lacked pressure. Michael's shot was that big pot of stew boiling in the ultimate pressure cooker in the waning seconds down by 1.

OceanSpray
06-26-2013, 10:41 PM
I can't believe some people are still arguing LeBron James impact on a team. When a dude can lead a scrub team to 66-16, come talk to me. Jordan, Kobe, no one in the NBA could lead a team better than James. His impact and what he can do for a team is unmatched by ANY player.

Dude can score.
Rebound.
Pass.
Defend.

He had to do everything for that team and more. No other player did more while being on their own team without a star player. Refer to Kobe begging for a trade when Shaq left.

Oh yeah, the year after LeBron left, Cleveland had the second worst NBA record and had the biggest win-loss differential. That's not a coincidence, that's the fact.

Achilles24
06-26-2013, 10:42 PM
Uh that's exactly it. He's grown so much better as a player in Miami it's ridiculous. Post game, better jumper, better three point shooter. Plus his maturity and capability to handle pressure has grown as well.

When you have the GOAT 3pt shooter in Ray Allen, no **** he's going to hit more shots. However, that also means people are gonna cover him tighter and it's Lebron's job to hit him with the open threes. If you haven't already seen, they've had several game winner threes/assists together over the regular season where Lebron would have the ball, drive in and kick it out when Ray's man doubles onto him.

Great point. You're right, his game has become a lot better from Cleveland. I think his driving game is about the same, but you're right, it opens it up for the others when he's hitting shots from outside.

OceanSpray
06-26-2013, 10:42 PM
No question his jumper was the championship game clincher. But Michael's was the championship game winner.

Different situations. LeBron put his team up 4 when already up by 2 at home. Michael, with his team down by 1 at the hostile Delta Center in Utah hit the game winner with 5.2 seconds left on a near last second possession.

LeBron's shot was great but lacked pressure. Michael's shot was that big pot of stew boiling in the ultimate pressure cooker in the waning seconds down by 1.

And Bulls were still up in that series so no matter what happened, Michael had another shot.. Game 7, if James missed, Spurs could've took the league and won.

RiceOnTheRun
06-26-2013, 10:43 PM
Great point. You're right, his game has become a lot better from Cleveland. I think his driving game is about the same, but you're right, it opens it up for the others when he's hitting shots from outside.

Driving, yeah, but I do give credit to them for spacing the floor as well. I'd be a whole lot more likely to jump on him if I wasn't 90% sure he'd just kick it out to my man. It's honestly a mix of both.

Achilles24
06-26-2013, 10:43 PM
I can't believe some people are still arguing LeBron James impact on a team. When a dude can lead a scrub team to 66-16, come talk to me. Jordan, Kobe, no one in the NBA could lead a team better than James. His impact and what he can do for a team is unmatched by ANY player.

Dude can score.
Rebound.
Pass.
Defend.

He had to do everything for that team and more. No other player did more while being on their own team without a star player. Refer to Kobe begging for a trade when Shaq left.

Oh yeah, the year after LeBron left, Cleveland had the second worst NBA record and had the biggest win-loss differential. That's not a coincidence, that's the fact.

Great, but this has absolutely nothing to do with the topic and LeBron calling his shot "MJ" like. The calibers, sequences and situations are completely different with different magnitudes of pressure.

Achilles24
06-26-2013, 10:45 PM
And Bulls were still up in that series so no matter what happened, Michael had another shot.. Game 7, if James missed, Spurs could've took the league and won.

Who's to say Michael would have won a game 7, that too in probably the one of if not the most current hostile crowd to have a Game 7 with the title on the line.

What makes you think Bulls would have won that series when no team to date has won a game 7 of the NBA Finals on the road in a 2-3-2 format since implemented in 1985?

And whose to say that the Spurs would have taken the lead with a gassed out Duncan who was missing bunnies at the rim, a turnover machine in Ginobili, a disappearing Danny Green, and the Spurs best player on the bench?

Too many hypotheticals there.

STAT1
06-26-2013, 10:46 PM
This is the only reason I wished time travel was real. So we can settle all these ******** comparisons.

--23--
06-26-2013, 10:47 PM
Not really a MJ moment, but whatever makes him happy.

His MJ moment was probably scoring like 25 straight points to eliminate the Pistons in the ECFs.

+1

OceanSpray
06-26-2013, 10:56 PM
Who's to say Michael would have won a game 7, that too in probably the one of if not the most current hostile crowd to have a Game 7 with the title on the line.

What makes you think Bulls would have won that series when no team to date has won a game 7 of the NBA Finals on the road in a 2-3-2 format since implemented in 1985?

And whose to say that the Spurs would have taken the lead with a gassed out Duncan who was missing bunnies at the rim, a turnover machine in Ginobili, a disappearing Danny Green, and the Spurs best player on the bench?

Too many hypotheticals there.

And who's to say that if James missed, Spurs couldn't have knocked down a three? You're the one creating hypotheticals. Both shots meant just the same. Ray Allen's game 6 shot was better than MJ's shot anyways.

Achilles24
06-26-2013, 11:04 PM
And who's to say that if James missed, Spurs couldn't have knocked down a three? You're the one creating hypotheticals. Both shots meant just the same. Ray Allen's game 6 shot was better than MJ's shot anyways.

I'm creating hypotheticals?

No, I'm stating facts.

I am not undermining what LeBron did. That game was in the bag when Duncan missed the bunny, Manu decided to turn it over with a minute to go and Popovich sat down Parker on the bench in the final minutes of the championship game. LeBron took advantage of all of that with everything going against San Antonio as they were facing a 2 pt deficit and he did what he was supposed to do and made things insurmountable for the Spurs.

But what Michael did (and people undermine that with the 'push off' on Bryon Russell) is the fact that his team was down by 3, right out of a time out, he goes to the hole for points 42 and 43. And then, strips Karl Malone and in that same sequence, brings the ball up court and nails it with 5.2 seconds left to just get over the hump.

One instance is a guy trying to stave off and hold the lead and seal the deal and save the championship that was right in there hands. LeBron and Miami just needed to not lose it and win it.

Another was the guy trying to will a team down by 3 with a minute to go and score 2 straight baskets with a blind-sighted steal sandwiched in between to win the championship and overcoming the deficit in the actually waning seconds before Stockton missed the 3 at the buzzer.

OceanSpray
06-26-2013, 11:09 PM
I'm creating hypotheticals?

No, I'm stating facts.

I am not undermining what LeBron did. That game was in the bag when Duncan missed the bunny, Manu decided to turn it over with a minute to go and Popovich sat down Parker on the bench in the final minutes of the championship game. LeBron took advantage of all of that with everything going against San Antonio as they were facing a 2 pt deficit and he did what he was supposed to do and made things insurmountable for the Spurs.

But what Michael did (and people undermine that with the 'push off' on Bryon Russell) is the fact that his team was down by 3, right out of a time out, he goes to the hole for points 42 and 43. And then, strips Karl Malone and in that same sequence, brings the ball up court and nails it with 5.2 seconds left to just get over the hump.

One instance is a guy trying to stave off and hold the lead and seal the deal and save the championship that was right in there hands. LeBron and Miami just needed to not lose it and win it.

Another was the guy trying to will a team down by 3 with a minute to go and score 2 straight baskets with a blind-sighted steal sandwiched in between to win the championship and overcoming the deficit in the actually waning seconds before Stockton missed the 3 at the buzzer.

The game was in the bag when there was 26 seconds and they were only down 4? I bet you said the same when Miami was down 5 with 28 seconds left. You're making hypotheticals. I never said Jordan's shot was better than James or vice versa, they both meant just as much. Jordan at least had a game 7 to play in as backup. If they would've won or not is just as much of a hypothetical statement as whether or not Spurs would've scored if LBJ missed that shot. Give me a break, the hostile crowd would happen anywhere in a finals road game. Chicago Bulls had a close OT game in game 1, beat Utah in game 2, and beat them again in game 6.

bucketss
06-26-2013, 11:13 PM
game was in the bag... lol.. it was a two point game before lebron hit the dagger, how about you step aside and respect greatness for once?

Achilles24
06-26-2013, 11:14 PM
The game was in the bag when there was 26 seconds and they were only down 4? I bet you said the same when Miami was down 5 with 28 seconds left. You're making hypotheticals. I never said Jordan's shot was better than James or vice versa, they both meant just as much. Jordan at least had a game 7 to play in as backup. If they would've won or not is just as much of a hypothetical statement as whether or not Spurs would've scored if LBJ missed that shot. Give me a break, the hostile crowd would happen anywhere in a finals road game. Chicago Bulls had a close OT game in game 1, beat Utah in game 2, and beat them again in game 6.

I'm not sure you understand what the word hypothetical means, because you are doing exactly what you are judging me for doing.

I'm simply stating facts. With the situation at hand, Michael's moment was of more pressure than LeBron's moment.

LeBron's shot was undeniably great, but no, it was not of that caliber that Michael hit in 1998. I remember that day like it was yesterday.

Achilles24
06-26-2013, 11:16 PM
game was in the bag... lol.. it was a two point game before lebron hit the dagger, how about you step aside and respect greatness for once?

First of all, it's kind of hard to step aside at this moment as I just recently had surgery on my knee and have limited mobility.

Second, I am respecting greatness. His Airness.

OceanSpray
06-26-2013, 11:18 PM
First of all, it's kind of hard to step aside at this moment as I just recently had surgery on my knee and have limited mobility.

How much is AmoLoser paying you to do this? So game was in the bag when Spurs were down by 2 but it wasn't in the bag when Bulls were down 3? What are you talking about?

BigBlueCrew
06-26-2013, 11:19 PM

:clap:

Achilles24
06-26-2013, 11:23 PM
How much is AmoLoser paying you to do this? So game was in the bag when Spurs were down by 2 but it wasn't in the bag when Bulls were down 3? What are you talking about?

You're right, game was in the bag is a poor choice of words to use in this instance.

Let's just say that Player A was winning the game at home and made sure at the end that his team indeed did win the game and title.

Player B on the other hand was losing the game on the road but came back and won the game and title.

Now both are fantastic finishes for worthy champions and worthy Finals MVPs, but if you had to choose the more memorable defining moment where you're like OH.....MAH.....GAWD!!!!!, you tell me, which one do you choose?

I choose Player B in this instance.

macc
06-26-2013, 11:25 PM
Wow, another lebron thread, who would of thought....

In any case, who cares what he said. He made a huge shot in the NBA finals. The stage doesn't get any bigger for an NBA player. It was a big shot. If he said it was an MJ shot that that's him showing respect to MJ. I appreciate that.

In all reality, Lebron in a generational talent. You should be so lucky you are seeing him in his prime. I really truly do feel bad for the people who find ways like this quote to hate on a guy. I feel bad for people who focus more on the hate then the greatness of an individual. I'm not even a Miami fan but I can appreciate greatness.

barreleffact
06-26-2013, 11:25 PM

I had to underline the Bulls as well as italicize them. Purely incorrect. In no way are any of those teams more complete than the Heat. the Spurs have an argument definitely especially considering coaching, but the rest have no argument what so ever. The heat have shooters, slashers, passers, clutch shooters, defenders, rebounders (to a lesser degree). They have the total package to include depth. They are as stacked a team as the league has ever seen especially considering the fact that the arguably best 3 pt shooter of all time is coming off the bench for you.

Achilles24
06-26-2013, 11:30 PM
Wow, another lebron thread, who would of thought....

In any case, who cares what he said. He made a huge shot in the NBA finals. The stage doesn't get any bigger for an NBA player. It was a big shot. If he said it was an MJ shot that that's him showing respect to MJ. I appreciate that.

In all reality, Lebron in a generational talent. You should be so lucky you are seeing him in his prime. I really truly do feel bad for the people who find ways like this quote to hate on a guy. I feel bad for people who focus more on the hate then the greatness of an individual. I'm not even a Miami fan but I can appreciate greatness.

And I respect this post. Thanks.

barreleffact
06-26-2013, 11:33 PM

Not really. The Spurs shot themselves in both feet with back to back bad possessions ala a Duncan EASY opportunity that he missed and a Manu turnover.

OceanSpray
06-26-2013, 11:33 PM
You're right, game was in the bag is a poor choice of words to use in this instance.

Let's just say that Player A was winning the game at home and made sure at the end that his team indeed did win the game and title.

Player B on the other hand was losing the game on the road but came back and won the game and title.

Now both are fantastic finishes for worthy champions and worthy Finals MVPs, but if you had to choose the more memorable defining moment where you're like OH.....MAH.....GAWD!!!!!, you tell me, which one do you choose?

I choose Player B in this instance.

I like how you try and put more emphasis on player B.

Player A: Up 2, if missed, gives Spurs the final shot.
Player B: Down 1, hit a jump shot to give them the lead, but if he misses, there is still a game 7.

This is what you don't understand. If james missed, there would be no game 7. There would only be defend Spurs and hope for the best. If Jordan missed, in his mind, it would be "At least there is a game 7 for us". When players have a second chance, there is always less pressure. If you had two due dates for a project, there is less pressure that you have to actually complete it on the first due date, understand?

goingfor28
06-26-2013, 11:35 PM
lebron is such a clown

Perfectly said :clap:

goingfor28
06-26-2013, 11:36 PM

Lmao
He always has to say something foolish to remind everyone why we should hate him

This^^^

Jarvo
06-27-2013, 12:56 AM
Jordan did an epic *** Push off though lol

--23--
06-27-2013, 01:45 AM
Jordan did an epic *** Push off though lol

No push off, MJ just softly guided him :laugh2:

Jarvo
06-27-2013, 01:56 AM
No push off, MJ just softly guided him :laugh2:

Not taking it away from him though lol

NYtilIdie
06-27-2013, 02:07 AM
People blame poor defense for Lebron's shot as if that's his fault lol. Tell the Spurs to play better D next time.

hidalgo
06-27-2013, 04:59 AM
i think it's cool he thought of MJ in that moment, that tells you all you need to know about Michael Jordan(GOAT). i think LeBron respects MJ & is a huge fan(& LeBron is just naturally a nice guy), unlike Kirby Brylent who hates MJ with a passion cause he's such a smug arrogant sociopath douche bag. he pretends to like MJ, but you can tell he hates him(& he's too dumb to understand it's over, even 7 titles doesn't do it, cause 3 are 2nd fiddle titles, & also he comes up short in every major statistical catagory, & huge moments, & the eye test, people know MJ was better, peroid) he can't stand that MJ's better. made his number 24, saying he's 1 better than MJ, made his usa number 10, 1 up from MJ's #9, total asswhpe moves. LeBron is, the best player in the world without question. & you can tell he really likes Jordan alot, & that was an MJ like moment. a better finals game than KB ever had for sure

and as far as the "push off" goes, i don't think it helped MJ at all. watch it in super slow mo, & you'll see Russell was already burned, & had his back turned to Jordan & was taking a huge stride towards the basket thinkin MJ was driving the ball. it was already over before MJ's hand touched him. and once his hand did touch him, it wasn't much at all, barely a push & his hand pushes more down that out. look at the slow mo when Isiah mentions his hand, no real push & his hand just goes down. no effect on Russell, & he was already making a huge stride the wrong direction as i said before. nobody here truly believes MJ was gonna miss that shot either way, but i'm just pointin out the push off thing wasn't really even a push off, & had no effect on what was happening. he broke Russell's ankles, & deserves major credit for that insane crossover to set up the GW shot

now Reggie Miller's push off & GW shot on Jordan, now that's a REAL push off, & the refs didn't call it, & rightfully so. they rarely will in moments that big

Greedy22
06-27-2013, 05:09 AM
Nothing wrong with this at all, he hit a big dagger in the deciding game of an awesome emotional roller coaster of a series. He should be excited about it. Also, pretty cool he thought of the GOAT.