PDA

View Full Version : Cavs offer to Twolves?

LayBraun
06-25-2013, 07:24 PM
Per Andy Katz

Tristan Thompson, Waiters, and the number 1 pick for Love?

Don't think the Wolves will do it but that's about a good a deal for Love as you're gonna see.

Jtirado16
06-25-2013, 07:26 PM
Wooow if im the Twovles I would jump all over this! They aren't gonna get a better deal

Hawkeye15
06-25-2013, 07:26 PM
how is that a good deal for Love?

Hawkeye15
06-25-2013, 07:27 PM
Please explain to me how trading BY FAR the best player in this deal is the right decision for the Wolves....

Theyhateme459
06-25-2013, 07:27 PM
If I am a Cav's fan I don't like that trade.

GiantsSwaGG
06-25-2013, 07:28 PM

Because love will be gone in 2 yrs

ManRam
06-25-2013, 07:29 PM
where did andy katz say this?

that's a pretty crazy deal tho.

Ebbs
06-25-2013, 07:31 PM
I wouldn't do it if I was Cleveland

LayBraun

Because I'm not really sure what else the wolves will get.. And knowing Minnesota, they'll wind up letting Love walk because they can't resign him. Either that, or they turn down better offers for Love and finally accept the worst one on the board.

If it were me, I wouldn't accept that trade but considering some of the terribly lopsided trades that have happened recently in the NBA, doesn't seem that bad.

astonmartin10
Good deal!

Jtirado16
06-25-2013, 07:32 PM
Because Love is as good as gone! Better to get something in return

ManRam
06-25-2013, 07:32 PM
i'm not sure the wolves would/should do it (i still can't imagine him being there 2-3 years from now), but the odds of them getting a better deal? slim to none.

just seems too huge to actually ever happen.

abe_froman
06-25-2013, 07:34 PM
wont happen.wolves will keep love til his final year(ala magic with dwight)

hugepatsfan
06-25-2013, 07:34 PM
Please explain to me how trading BY FAR the best player in this deal is the right decision for the Wolves....

For one they would have to come to the conclusion as an organization that Love wouldn't re-sign. Then they have to decide what types of offers they could get now and in the future and how this compares. Look at what Harden netted OKC. Look at what Dwight netted ORL. This is a much better package than those guys. 3 valuable young pieces and taking no money back. I have a hard time MIN is ever going to see an offer liek this from someone. The question they have to ask is if it justifies giving up 2 potential playoff pushes with him and if re-signing him is a lost cause.

stlbest5in2013
06-25-2013, 07:35 PM
cavs would be dumb. They would know that is only a 2 year rental. no way Love stays because Bron Bron is never coming back home.

abe_froman
06-25-2013, 07:35 PM
Because Love is as good as gone! Better to get something in return
still gotta think about sales.the people show to watch love,there is no box office talents in this draft.

ManRam
06-25-2013, 07:36 PM
3 years of high end lottery assets from the cavs going to minny for love? i could see why cleveland fans might be weary. love is great and all...but that's a hefty haul.

LayBraun
06-25-2013, 07:36 PM
cavs would be dumb. They would know that is only a 2 year rental. no way Love stays because Bron Bron is never coming back home.

Him and Kyrie Irving are really good friends so I wouldn't say it's unrealistic.

Hawkeye15
06-25-2013, 07:37 PM
Because love will be gone in 2 yrs

says who?

king4day
06-25-2013, 07:38 PM
I wonder if you added the 19th pick, if Portland would do this for LA.

LayBraun
says who?

Says the general trend of NBA free agency for superstars playing in underachieving small markets.

Hawkeye15
Because I'm not really sure what else the wolves will get.. And knowing Minnesota, they'll wind up letting Love walk because they can't resign him. Either that, or they turn down better offers for Love and finally accept the worst one on the board.

If it were me, I wouldn't accept that trade but considering some of the terribly lopsided trades that have happened recently in the NBA, doesn't seem that bad.

Fact: Wolves will not be trading Love unless another young all NBA player is involved this summer. There is no reason to even think about it until at worst the trade deadline in 2014-15. None. Nada.

LayBraun
06-25-2013, 07:39 PM
Fact: Wolves will not be trading Love unless another young all NBA player is involved this summer. There is no reason to even think about it until at worst the trade deadline in 2014-15. None. Nada.

I agree.

Hawkeye15
06-25-2013, 07:41 PM
For one they would have to come to the conclusion as an organization that Love wouldn't re-sign. Then they have to decide what types of offers they could get now and in the future and how this compares. Look at what Harden netted OKC. Look at what Dwight netted ORL. This is a much better package than those guys. 3 valuable young pieces and taking no money back. I have a hard time MIN is ever going to see an offer liek this from someone. The question they have to ask is if it justifies giving up 2 potential playoff pushes with him and if re-signing him is a lost cause.

They just sent Kahn, the reason there was so much strife with Love, packing, and brought in a GM who has already started catering to him.

I like TT, hate Waiters, and the #1 pick in this draft is whatever. There is no chance on earth that any of these players become as good as Love.

Furthermore, Love can't opt out until the summer of 2015, so everyone jumping on the "he's gone anyways" bandwagon will need to wait for a little while. A GM just hired trades away his one superstar? Not happening.

RipCity32
06-25-2013, 07:42 PM
That is a pretty good deal right there wow.

GiantsSwaGG
06-25-2013, 07:46 PM
says who?

Says his actions!

FraziersKnicks
06-25-2013, 07:49 PM
Is anyone else really wanting this deal to happen for one reason....?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLyvkBifQ3w

UPRock
06-25-2013, 07:58 PM
Man this is a pretty good deal for both, Cleveland get a Star to play alongside LeBron if they can sign him back and Minnesota gets good players plus the 1st overral pick. Is a good deal but I won't do it, Love is huge for Minnesota.

Tony_Starks
06-25-2013, 07:58 PM
Would be a ******** move for the Cavs and a steal for Minny.

Dade County
06-25-2013, 07:59 PM
Cav's are trying to get another star so mad... I feel that this is for next off season, so they can tell Lbj look at what we have.

I don't blame them.

WITZ
06-25-2013, 08:02 PM
This is a dumb move for the cavs.

Edit: Nevermind Found link

bleedprple&gold
06-25-2013, 08:10 PM
Cavs are so afraid that Irving is going to do to them what Lebron did, that they will do anything to get another star to pair with him.

IversonIsKrazy
06-25-2013, 08:27 PM
I like Cavs aggressiveness and trying to pair Irving with another star. But Minny won't accept it. They're going to try for the next 2 years to make Minny a real team with Love as the face. Why wouldn't u? Might as well try to build something special around Love, rather than bail out 2 years before his contract because u get a half-decent offer on the table lol.

Green_Monster
06-25-2013, 08:28 PM
This could potentially be the T-Wolves lineup. I would do this trade if I was the Wolves.

Rubio
Waiters
Porter
Williams/Thompson
Pekovic

ZamboniCub
06-25-2013, 08:35 PM
don't think the wolves will do it but that's about a good a deal for love as you're gonna see.

lol.

PC
06-25-2013, 08:35 PM
That'd be a pretty damn good coup for Love

smith&wesson
06-25-2013, 08:51 PM

if the twolves feel they can retain him then its a bad deal.

if the twolves feel like he will walk, it may be a good deal.

akesh99
06-25-2013, 08:57 PM
That's quite a package for Love. If I'm Minny I take it. No, none of those guys will ever be on Love's level but I'd take 3 potential allstars over one superstar any day. I think the Cavs would be wiser to go after Cousins as I feel he'd come cheaper.

kenzo400
06-25-2013, 09:01 PM
Love will probably break his arm again and miss another season. Minny should make this trade.

MDD
06-25-2013, 09:14 PM
Love is wayyyy overrated he has no post game ,slow feet,easily can be defended on his shot and is very injury prone !!!!!!

MDD
06-25-2013, 09:17 PM
He put up big numbers on a bum squad and when playoff time comes will be easy to plan against !

WITZ
06-25-2013, 09:21 PM
People saying that's a horrible deal. the thunder offered Kendrick Perkins & Picks #12,29 for the #1 overall according to nba legion :laugh:

bleedprple&gold
06-25-2013, 09:29 PM
People saying that's a horrible deal. the thunder offered Kendrick Perkins & Picks #12,29 for the #1 overall according to nba legion :laugh:

Lol yea Thunder be smoking something trying to get the #1 pick with that.

koreancabbage
its simple. get better talent around Irving. Why do you need another player that needs the ball in their hand (Waiters).

Varejo and Love is probably the best combination in terms of skill set and will basically give the Cavs a rebounding advantage most nights.

ZamboniCub
Nba Psd is pathetic

ZamboniCub
06-25-2013, 09:32 PM
Klove > Melo

I want a package at that level to even start taking

kenzo400
06-25-2013, 09:33 PM
Lol yea Thunder be smoking something trying to get the #1 pick with that.

This draft is so weak that the 12th pick could end up being better than the first.

Sly Guy
06-25-2013, 09:34 PM
says who?
agrees. Lots can happen in 2 years. I don't see why making this deal now makes sense for the wolves. The offer might be good, if the wolves are backed into a corner hoping to get something for him knowing he's not coming back. But 2 seasons is too much time too press the panic button and pull the trigger on this type of deal.

bleedprple&gold
06-25-2013, 09:37 PM
This draft is so weak that the 12th pick could end up being better than the first.

Even so, Perkins? Nobody wants that contract. You would have a better chance of trading the #1 pick and Perkins for the #12 pick (i.e. Perkins lowers what you can get back in a trade). And in a "weak draft" the 29th pick is almost irrelevant.

HouRealCoach
06-25-2013, 09:39 PM

Pekovic
Thompson/ D. Will
??
Waiters
Rubio/

Maybe draft McLemore or Noel, Porter or KCP, Jamaal Franklin, Gobert, etc... It makes them a team much like Denver.. A bunch of young talents who can only get better & Rick Adelman can make it work

kblo247
06-25-2013, 09:40 PM

1 - he is not staying past 15
2 - he isn't a superstar as a superstar gets you in the postseason like Kobe or Harden or Melo
3 - he isn't worthy of the max based on results in the win column or ticket sales in a box office which is why minny didn't max him themselves
4 - he can't defend as he was and is a liability on man and team D and he's not offensively elite, the Moses rebounding stat pad aside, in fact his need to stat pad on the glass hurt them on d as he will ignore a rotation or assignment to chase a board and screw the team like Rambis accused him of still to this day
5 - he is not durable at all, as he's never played a full year in his career
6 - Waiters, Thomoson, and the pick would be stuck in minny because of rfa and can grow alongside Rubio

Really and truly Love aint worth the haul anyhow IMO as he's shown zilch in the star department, leadership department, and is definition of empty stat guy who you would be a fool to max out or believe is a superstar outside fantasy leagues. He's not good enough to get you to the playoffs or pack arenas so he's not good enough to get max money, be a number one option, or worth 3 top 5 picks basically IMO which means the cavs were saved from themselves

IndiansFan337
06-25-2013, 09:41 PM
Wooow if im the Twovles I would jump all over this! They aren't gonna get a better deal

I agree that they aren't going to get a better deal, but they are not ready to move him yet. They aren't going to agree to that trade right now.

They'll end up moving him later for less when they realize he isn't going to return or when he forces their hand by saying S&T me or lose me for nothing like LBJ and Bosh did.

rocket
06-25-2013, 09:44 PM

Because the Wolves aren't a good team with Love. And he might leave in a few years so it's best to get picks and assets like this.

kblo247
06-25-2013, 09:47 PM
Klove > Melo

I want a package at that level to even start taking
Fantasy leagues yes. NBA standings, cut the bs. Melo took a team from 8 straight losing years to 7.5 straight winning ones in Denver. Melo took a Knicks team to the playoffs every year he's been there despite them having missed it for half a decade before. Melo is one of the stop scoters in the world, won gold, won a collegiate title, is a multiple time all star and all nba player. He's a top draw. And he's a better post up player and defender than Love. Melo is a superstar worthy of the max on and off the court ads player and business commodity. Love aint done **** in this league but stat pile, miss games, and collect lotto balls

heattiltheend94
06-25-2013, 09:50 PM
i think tristan thompson is really underrated. I would do this trade in a second if I was the TWolves. A Rubio Waiters Oladipo Thompson and Pekovic lineup is quite intimidating and has potential for chamipship 4/5 years down the road if the players develop

tr3ymill3r
06-25-2013, 09:52 PM
Asik and Robinson for Love?

Clippersfan86
06-25-2013, 09:54 PM
Actually a very good package, I ain't gonna lie. Waiters is a very nice young player and top pick could be a home run, never know.

Ill21
06-25-2013, 10:00 PM
Fantasy leagues yes. NBA standings, cut the bs. Melo took a team from 8 straight losing years to 7.5 straight winning ones in Denver. Melo took a Knicks team to the playoffs every year he's been there despite them having missed it for half a decade before. Melo is one of the stop scoters in the world, won gold, won a collegiate title, is a multiple time all star and all nba player. He's a top draw. And he's a better post up player and defender than Love. Melo is a superstar worthy of the max on and off the court ads player and business commodity. Love aint done **** in this league but stat pile, miss games, and collect lotto balls

Thank you for saving me time from having to type something similar to this

TheTreys
06-25-2013, 10:01 PM
That trade is so stupid. Your trading for a top 10 player. Minnesota needs a better deal

HouRealCoach
06-25-2013, 10:14 PM
That trade is so stupid. Your trading for a top 10 player. Minnesota needs a better deal

Wow.. You must really think Waiters & Thompson are trash

ZamboniCub
06-25-2013, 10:19 PM

and how far in the playoffs did melo get? also he has played 9 years love has played 4.
you cant even compare the team built around them because the wolves roster has been a **** hole since KG was traded.

its not a one man sport as much as your consumer whore mind wants it to be. marketability doesn't = a good player

its very easy to argue that those teams made the playoffs in spite of melo... and subsequently got booted from the playoffs promptly because of him.

ClearSoulForce
06-25-2013, 10:21 PM

I applaud Melo's 8 first round exits in 10 years and his career playoff FG% of 40%.

:clap:

Neither Melo or Love are franchise players... Cool you got your pretty talented teams to the postseason. How is it impressive when you play ABSOLUTELY awful in the playoffs?

Melo may be a star in the regular season but he can't handle the big games and never shows up for them.

Bun-b09
06-25-2013, 10:25 PM
2 - he isn't a superstar as a superstar gets you in the postseason like Kobe or Harden or Melo

You can't count his production this year as he didn't play. The season prior, wolves were the 8 seed until Rubio tore his ACL. You can only go so far with the likes of Beasley and Wes Johnson getting starters minutes.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-25-2013, 10:26 PM

I'm curious since you seem very adamant about this. Assuming Love intends on leaving in 2 years or whenever he is a FA, what are you expecting to get for him. Realistically speaking, since there is a chance he could be lost for nothing.

NoahH
06-25-2013, 10:26 PM
If Love is going to walk from Minnesota than this is a good deal for the Wolves. They get 2 solid youngsters with potential and the number 1 pick.

PG Rubio SG Waiters SF McLemore PF Thompson C Pekovic

Thats a good lineup for years to come and alot of potential

IndiansFan337
06-25-2013, 10:34 PM

You don't get top 10 players in exchange for top 10 players.

Look what LAL got for Shaq, what ORL got for Howard, what CLE got for LBJ, TOR got for Bosh, and NO got for Paul, etc. None of them even got a top 20 player in exchange for their All-Star.

IndiansFan337
06-25-2013, 10:44 PM
If Love is going to walk from Minnesota than this is a good deal for the Wolves. They get 2 solid youngsters with potential and the number 1 pick.

PG Rubio SG Waiters SF McLemore PF Thompson C Pekovic

I'm surprised more teams don't contemplate going to these 3 G lineups. I want the Cavs to take McLemore or Porter if they remain at #1. They need offense as they struggled to score last year outside of Kyrie, yet they're contemplating taking Noel and Len who I don't expect to be big scorers in the NBA. Len might be able to contribute 10-14 ppg, but they were already getting similar production from Varejao and/or Thompson. So is that really improving their offense? They need another wing either to play SF or SG. I wouldn't be opposed to them playing McLemore 30 mpg alongside both Waiters and Kyrie.

I would love it if Minny gives in and accepts our trade offer, but I do not expect them to do so.

If we made this trade we would likely have a starting lineup of:
PG - Kyrie
SG - F/A or trade acquisition through cap space
SF - Gee
PF - Love
C - Varejao / Zeller

Gee could be forced into starting position again due to us trading away depth.
Wing players would likely be targeted with our remaining draft picks and hopefully they wouldn't chase high-upside guys and target role players who could fill a backup position on the current team.
Varejao could possibly then be shopped for a SG/SF.

mgsports
06-25-2013, 10:56 PM
Paul Pierce and Garnett for first/19 and son

WickedBadMan
06-25-2013, 11:05 PM
My philosophy would be to take the deal if you felt there was any chance he could leave. I always roll my eyes when Bill Simmons laments the Harden trade and goes on and on about how they should have gotten a sure fire stud when they traded him. When we all saw Orlando get nothing, Cleveland get nothing, Toronto get nothing - the only reason this offer is so juicy is the years remaining on Love's contract. They will get the same garbage all those other teams got if they wait until the last second.

dnl123
06-25-2013, 11:13 PM
I'm surprised more teams don't contemplate going to these 3 G lineups. I want the Cavs to take McLemore or Porter if they remain at #1. They need offense as they struggled to score last year outside of Kyrie, yet they're contemplating taking Noel and Len who I don't expect to be big scorers in the NBA. Len might be able to contribute 10-14 ppg, but they were already getting similar production from Varejao and/or Thompson. So is that really improving their offense? They need another wing either to play SF or SG. I wouldn't be opposed to them playing McLemore 30 mpg alongside both Waiters and Kyrie.

I would love it if Minny gives in and accepts our trade offer, but I do not expect them to do so.

PG - Kyrie
SF - Gee
PF - Love
C - Varejao / Zeller

Wing players would likely be targeted with our remaining draft picks and hopefully they wouldn't chase high-upside guys and target role players who could fill a backup position on the current team.

That's because it's a stupid trade and only an idiot would think this trade is even remotely even.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-25-2013, 11:17 PM

PG - Kyrie
SF - Gee
PF - Love
C - Varejao / Zeller

That's because it's a stupid trade and only an idiot would think this trade is even remotely even.

No disrespect, but it doesn't have to be even. I'm not in Minnesota's front office, but if they think Love is even thinking about leaving this isn't a bad move at all. Don't wanna risk losing him for nothing.

kblo247
06-25-2013, 11:24 PM
You don't get top 10 players in exchange for top 10 players.

Look what LAL got for Shaq, what ORL got for Howard, what CLE got for LBJ, TOR got for Bosh, and NO got for Paul, etc. None of them even got a top 20 player in exchange for their All-Star.

That and Love ain't a top 10 in terms of the real life impact of his numbers. It would be the best deal you can get as opposed to what they will get when he gets hurt again, as he misses games every year, they miss the playoffs and he says I'm done with Minny

JeVo7
06-25-2013, 11:49 PM
Start panic all you...Love is leaving in 2 years. Be really scare. LOL

RipCity32
06-25-2013, 11:55 PM
Start panic all you...Love is leaving in 2 years. Be really scare. LOL

If he does want to leave in 2 years you guys will be looking back on this one pretty pissed off.

JeVo7
06-25-2013, 11:58 PM
If he does want to leave in 2 years you guys will be looking back on this one pretty pissed off.

may I ask why?

RipCity32
06-26-2013, 12:01 AM
may I ask why?

Because that's a great offer and you won't get another one like it if Hes telling you Hes leaving.Once that happens you've lost the upper hand.

ZamboniCub
06-26-2013, 12:02 AM
this isn't baseball years of control do not matter... what big name players have been traded with half a season of control left in just the last 3 years?

ZamboniCub
06-26-2013, 12:10 AM
CP3
Nash
D12
Dwill
Bynum
Melo

you don't trade love unless your getting a bonafide star back or a return of 3 or 4 proven quality players not for a bunch of wildcard recently drafted boom or bust unproven players that produced a team that qualifies for the #1 overall pick
Filp has 2 years before he needs to even think about Flipping Love. calm your internet dick.

RipCity32
06-26-2013, 12:21 AM
CP3
Nash
D12
Dwill
Bynum
Melo

you don't trade love unless your getting a bonafide star back or a return of 3 or 4 proven quality players not for a bunch of wildcard recently drafted boom or bust unproven players that produced a team that qualifies for the #1 overall pick
Filp has 2 years before he needs to even think about Flipping Love. calm your internet dick.

Hey I wouldn't want to trade him either.I just said if he ends up wanting to leave down the road you will not get a better offer.So calm your Internet dick they're buddy.

JeVo7
06-26-2013, 12:21 AM
Because that's a great offer and you won't get another one like it if Hes telling you Hes leaving.Once that happens you've lost the upper hand.

Love for Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters and the #1 pick. Wow, so great of a trade. Wonder if that'll work for Lebron too. Tell the heat, he's leaving soon. It might work. LOL

RipCity32
06-26-2013, 12:27 AM
Love for Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters and the #1 pick. Wow, so great of a trade. Wonder if that'll work for Lebron too. Tell the heat, he's leaving soon. It might work. LOL

First off Hes not on the same level as LeBron at all.Second if your star player is letting it be known that Hes leaving you are not going to get back another star player.Other teams know you have no leverage anymore and you will eventually have to take what you can get or let him walk.Have you not been paying attention to the kinds of deals other teams are getting for they're stars.I think this would be one of the better ones.Again Love is not going anywhere for a while if at all so right now it's all premature.

JeVo7
06-26-2013, 12:33 AM
So you are saying Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters and the #1 pick is the same level as Love? How come I don't see a 30-30 game from them?

RipCity32
06-26-2013, 12:38 AM
So you are saying Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters and the #1 pick is the same level as Love? How come I don't see a 30-30 game from them?

Obviously it's not on the same level.All I am saying is if he decides he is leaving that offers like that are going to go from looking like crap to gold to some of you.Again though right now their are no signs of him leaving so I wouldn't do it either.Hes obviously a really good player and if you guys don't think hes going anywhere than just laugh at the offer.

OaklandsFinest
06-26-2013, 01:04 AM
If I'm Minnesota I try this another way. I send Rubio, Williams this years pick and 2015 for Kyrie. Irving has had injury issues dating back to college so while Rubio has had his ACL issue thats his only injury plus allows them to stock pile picks. Lebron is not coming in 2014. Thats a big haul for a pg who is immensely talented but can't stay healthy, and gives Minnesota a shot at keeping Love.

JeVo7
06-26-2013, 01:08 AM
Obviously it's not on the same level.All I am saying is if he decides he is leaving that offers like that are going to go from looking like crap to gold to some of you.Again though right now their are no signs of him leaving so I wouldn't do it either.Hes obviously a really good player and if you guys don't think hes going anywhere than just laugh at the offer.

I am laughing at it. Plus all you guys make it look as if it's a big deal not to grab the offer. LOL

RipCity32
06-26-2013, 01:09 AM
If I'm Minnesota I try this another way. I send Rubio, Williams this years pick and 2015 for Kyrie. Irving has had injury issues dating back to college so while Rubio has had his ACL issue thats his only injury plus allows them to stock pile picks. Lebron is not coming in 2014. Thats a big haul for a pg who is immensely talented but can't stay healthy, and gives Minnesota a shot at keeping Love.

Yeah I'm sure Cleveland would be all over that one lol.

RipCity32
06-26-2013, 01:11 AM
I am laughing at it. Plus all you guys make it look as if it's a big deal not to grab the offer. LOL

I think everyone just thinks he will leave.I don't really know a whole lot about Love and the Twolves relationship but wasn't he already kind of hinting towards wanting out a couple of times?

JeVo7
06-26-2013, 01:14 AM

Rubio is off the block. He and Love are the 2 main player on this team.

JeVo7
06-26-2013, 01:16 AM
I think everyone just thinks he will leave.I don't really know a whole lot about Love and the Twolves relationship but wasn't he already kind of hinting towards wanting out a couple of times?

FYI, that is with Kahn, not Flip.

OaklandsFinest
06-26-2013, 01:27 AM
Jevo- you mean you wouldn't take the potential Irving-Love combo over Rubio?

LayBraun
06-26-2013, 01:33 AM
Rubio is going to be a top 5 PG for years to come and infinitely does more for the Wolves than Love.

If one of them had to go, Id pick Love all day long.

naps
06-26-2013, 01:39 AM
If Minny feels Love is leaving they should do it. I highly doubt they would get a better deal than this (You never get fair value in return for your superstar). On the other hand, it's a dumb offer by the cavs simply because I can't fathom Love staying in Cleveland if LeBron doesn't go back. So basically you are renting him for three bright young prospects. Doesn't sound smart to me. Anyway, this deal is not happening. I don't think Minny would think about moving Love now.

JasonJohnHorn
06-26-2013, 07:18 AM
I wouldn't say it's a bad deal for either team depending on who is picked at number one. Len could be a huge player in the league and Thompson and Waiters can both be solid starters. That is three starters for one, all with All-Star potential (I stress potential though, as I'm not sure Waiters and Tristen will get there) for one starter. The deal for the T-Wolves is they get potential, where as the Cavs get what they know to be perhaps the best power forward in the game today.

As the T-Wolves, I would be reluctant to pull the trigger on this trade. If they know for a fact that Love is going to walk and he has let them know he does not want to be a part of the organization, I would talk to teams. This deal isn't bad, but it's not quite where I would want it to be.

If Love had not made up his mind, I would hang onto him for another season, see if he will sign an extension and if not then work out a trade in his contract year.

Not need to make a rush deal here unless the T-Wolves really think Len or Noel are going to be amazing players. The got Adleman, Pek, Love Rubio and AK-47.. they got a draft pick and there are a few good shooting guards in free agency... this team is GOOD. Potentially better than good. No need to blow it up unless Love has requested a trade behind closed doors.

mgsports
06-26-2013, 08:09 AM
The Magic got something in return for Howard but not Shaq.

chitown4eva88
06-26-2013, 08:10 AM
If I were the wolves I would do it, especially with Love and his injury history.

thekmp211
06-26-2013, 08:24 AM
don't think so. no proven commodities in the cavs offer, not even the #1 pick because of the atmosphere surrounding the draft this year. i don't see an all star appearance between thompson and waiters, either. i guess if you are high on them it's not as bad, but i'm not.

GMpunk
06-26-2013, 08:34 AM
Love dont like T-woves.... so they should make this deal before they get nuthin 4 him

JoeBlessU
06-26-2013, 08:52 AM
Love dont like T-woves.... so they should make this deal before they get nuthin 4 him

Is that why he signed an extension?..Even if this was true they have him for 2 more seasons, why would they have to get rid of him now?

JeVo7
06-26-2013, 10:11 AM
Jevo- you mean you wouldn't take the potential Irving-Love combo over Rubio?

You need to look up Rubio's background and you'll know the answer.

JeVo7
06-26-2013, 10:15 AM
Rubio is going to be a top 5 PG for years to come and infinitely does more for the Wolves than Love.

True, but just remember, you'll need a guy like Love around Rubio since he's not a scoring machine. :)

Stunner
06-26-2013, 10:29 AM
This deal is the exact same deal that Orlando got for Howard prob even more . Two unproven young players and a draft pick . Nobody knew that Vu was going to be a stud or that Harkless freshly drafted was going to contribute in his first year . So for those saying This trade is garbage look what Orlando got at that time for arguably a better player than Love . Orlando would have dreamed to get the rebuilding options that the Wolves have . The number 1 overall pick , two young players with potential , cap space to go sign another player like a Milsap or Josh Smith , the other lotto pick that they have as well I mean come on that's a nice load .

Stunner
06-26-2013, 10:32 AM
And not to mention Pek might get big money this off season from somebody like CHA, New Orleans or Portland . It isn't certain that he will come back

kenzo400
06-26-2013, 11:36 AM

First, he needs to learn how to make a layup.

kenzo400
06-26-2013, 11:37 AM
Even so, Perkins? Nobody wants that contract. You would have a better chance of trading the #1 pick and Perkins for the #12 pick (i.e. Perkins lowers what you can get back in a trade). And in a "weak draft" the 29th pick is almost irrelevant.

Yeah, it seems that they were just trying to trade away his contract lol. It was a lowball offer.

Lo Porto
06-26-2013, 11:50 AM
The Wolves should take the deal. Love is slowly getting tired of the lack of winning and the lack of attention in Minnesota (that is not a shot at Minny but just the truth). I think that he would welcome a trade to go play with one of the brightest young stars in the game. Once a player is unhappy, that gets known and it makes it harder for a team to get value for him. In this trade, Minnesota gets good value.

VikesTwinsWolve
06-26-2013, 12:50 PM
HAHA Keep dreaming

D-Leethal
06-26-2013, 12:57 PM
That is a monster deal. I wouldn't be surprised to see another team with a disgruntled star swoop in and snag that deal (Aldridge) like Utah did with Nets package for Melo.

prodigy
06-26-2013, 01:49 PM
Waiters avg'ed 15pts in his rookie season and i believe could be a legit 20Pt a night scorer. TT improved so much over the last year i think he can avg a double double easy. and the #1 pick you hope is at least a NBA starting caliber player. so trading that 3 for injury prone Love is a bad idea. Thanks Wolves for turning that down.

COOLbeans
06-26-2013, 02:26 PM
Goood trade for Minni and the Cavs.

Then in two years the Cavs can flip Irving and Love to Miami for Lebron and Mario Chalmers.

HouRealCoach
06-26-2013, 02:30 PM
I would do this trade if I'm both teams but damn, Cleveland is gonna need a 3rd option

FriedTofuz
06-26-2013, 02:40 PM
this is probably the best you can get for love, waiters and thompson are quality young pieces, and the wolves have another 1st overall pick so.. I would say it's a damn good deal compared to how a PF like bosh just walked for nothing

NoahH
06-26-2013, 07:07 PM
may I ask why?

Because its a great offer that wont come again

Stunner
06-26-2013, 07:12 PM
Everyone in the world is saying the Wolves should have took this deal . I bet they won't get a deal better than this .

mgsports
06-26-2013, 07:21 PM
It was DWill.

yungincome
06-26-2013, 07:24 PM

I endorse this. Well said.

JeVo7
06-26-2013, 09:00 PM
Because its a great offer that wont come again

Before you reply, read down my other posts.

JeVo7
06-26-2013, 09:00 PM