PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Offseason Thread 2.0

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Seahawker562
02-04-2013, 05:00 PM
In New Orleans, asking who the best corner in the league is. Pretty funny stuff not a long video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi_ly7HTSzk

Seattle4Ever
02-04-2013, 09:14 PM
That was great. Saw that yesterday :laugh:

Burleson81
02-04-2013, 11:51 PM
Love Sherm. Not sure if he is the best yet. I hope he continues to work on his game and improve even more.

Baller1
02-05-2013, 04:34 AM
So glad Sherm's a Seahawk. Everything about him is awesome.

Seattle4Ever
02-05-2013, 09:04 PM
I love him :laugh2:

Wild1414
02-07-2013, 07:31 PM
ROFL that was awesome, I love that dude who called him fat then said sorry...

House
02-10-2013, 01:10 AM
John Clayton seems to think that due to the not-2012 Draft QB class, Flynn could net us a 3rd or 4th rd pick. Clearly speculation, but Clayton mentions JAC (Bradley is new head coach) and NYJ (Idzik is new GM) as potential partners.

I would say KC, JAC, NYJ would be my top 3 potential spots. Thoughts?
http://nfltraderumors.co/matt-flynn-could-net-the-seahawks-a-third-or-fourth-round-pick/

Thoughts?

seahawks509
02-10-2013, 01:19 AM
See I am stuck between two senarios.

1) Yes teams are in need of QB's this year and this years draft isn't exactly the greatest for QB's

2) Kolb's performance has really hurt us and may weaken any chances that teams want Flynn. Plus you have the fact that Flynn wasn't a huge FA priority for many teams and now, a year later, we are trying to trade him. Obviously we have our reasons, but it still kinda hurts.

seahawks509
02-10-2013, 01:20 AM
I think Flynn would fit really well with the Jets, but I think Sanchez is hurting them right now. I think if any team goes after him it's going to be the Chiefs. I also think Flynn could put the Chiefs over.

House
02-10-2013, 01:28 AM
I think Flynn would fit really well with the Jets, but I think Sanchez is hurting them right now. I think if any team goes after him it's going to be the Chiefs. I also think Flynn could put the Chiefs over.

NYJ: I think the Jets have SOOOOOO many more issues other than QB. GM Idzik helped structure the Flynn deal and it was designed as a "Prove yourself" contract. I think swapping 3rd rd picks in '13 and a conditional pick in 2014 would be a great move. (Charlie Whitehurst type deal)

KC: I think KC drafting Joeckel or trading down would be their best option at #1. Trading for Flynn would be a very good move. Reid is a QC system guy and Flynn would fit in nicely. They have some very good pieces on the OFF and if Flynn is protected, he'll shine. KC could take a QB later on that could groom for the 2 years Flynn is in the driver's seat before his contract is up.

seahawks509
02-10-2013, 02:52 AM
I personally feel KC could surprise with Flynn. If they take that Joeckel than that's the 1st step in helping protect him. Their defense could be dynasty. Such a nice, athletic, young defensive line with some playmaking LB's and a potential in the secondary.

Spartan8585
02-10-2013, 08:10 AM
Kc should swap 1st round picks with us and we'll throw in flynn

House
02-10-2013, 12:05 PM
Kc should swap 1st round picks with us and we'll throw in flynn

I'd dig it, but people in hell have a better chance of drinking ice water. Lol

CHI_Fan412
02-10-2013, 12:08 PM
That much for a QB who's arm can't handle a whole season?!

Seahawks2013
02-10-2013, 12:28 PM
JAX could be a wild card. I'm going to throw it out there, and say Matt Flynn for Andre Branch straight up. He didn't play a ton last year, was the #38 draft pick, he has the build 6'4, 265 to be an every down player and until Clem is fully healthy, I think he could split time with Irvin. Thoughts?

House
02-10-2013, 01:40 PM
That much for a QB who's arm can't handle a whole season?!

Supply and demand. We'll see what happens. How do you know he can't handle a whole season?

JAX could be a wild card. I'm going to throw it out there, and say Matt Flynn for Andre Branch straight up. He didn't play a ton last year, was the #38 draft pick, he has the build 6'4, 265 to be an every down player and until Clem is fully healthy, I think he could split time with Irvin. Thoughts?

JAC is building their D up. Bradley wouldn't move him IMO.

Seattle4Ever
02-10-2013, 02:47 PM
The Browns could dangle their 68th (?) pick for Flynn.

seahawks509
02-10-2013, 03:16 PM
I don't think so. They just used a first round pick on a Weeden, I don't see them going after another one. Weeden didn't even play that bad.

House
02-10-2013, 03:38 PM
The Browns could dangle their 68th (?) pick for Flynn.

I'd jump on that...

I don't think so. They just used a first round pick on a Weeden, I don't see them going after another one. Weeden didn't even play that bad.

New ownership and leadership throughout. Who knows...

jej
02-10-2013, 06:43 PM
Weeden: 3,385 yds, 57.4 Comp% 6.55 yds/attempt, 14 TD, 17 INT, 6 FUM, 26.6 QBR, 72.6 passer rating

That, coupled with the fact that like House said theres new ownership and such, they could be a possibility. Plus, Weeden is already 29. He doesnt have a ton of time to blossom.

blackjack_119
02-10-2013, 07:04 PM
Flynn should be the main piece in a trade for Harvin. Harvin and Rice at wide out and Tate in the slot would be great. You could also motion Harvin into a pistol formation and move Tate outside. That would be a tough audible to adjust against as a defense.

Burleson81
02-10-2013, 07:14 PM
Flynn is probably currently worth a 5th or 6th round. Probably worth more after the draft.

seahawks509
02-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Weeden: 3,385 yds, 57.4 Comp% 6.55 yds/attempt, 14 TD, 17 INT, 6 FUM, 26.6 QBR, 72.6 passer rating

That, coupled with the fact that like House said theres new ownership and such, they could be a possibility. Plus, Weeden is already 29. He doesnt have a ton of time to blossom.

He played well towards the end of the season. Even with new ownership I still think they keep him. See what he can do and go from there. I wasn't a fan of them drafting him anyways. I was a fan of McCoy and still think that's the way they should go.

jej
02-10-2013, 10:28 PM
Flynn is probably currently worth a 5th or 6th round. Probably worth more after the draft.

Why do you think that? You realize how many teams need QB and how little QB there are right?

Flynn is better than any of the 3-4th round QBs, so if that's where a team is looking, it's probably a good shot. Maybe even 2nd too.

Seattle4Ever
02-10-2013, 10:37 PM
Yeah I always thought the Weeden pick was stupid as ****.

I think Flynn is probably worth a 4th-6th as it stands, but his value is going to go waaaaay up come draft time.

jej
02-10-2013, 10:48 PM
Yeah I always thought the Weeden pick was stupid as ****.

I think Flynn is probably worth a 4th-6th as it stands, but his value is going to go waaaaay up come draft time.
Happens a lot with QBs. Teams get so desperate that they take em way to early. I am sure it will happen multiple times this year, maybe even number 1 overall. Thats why I think Flynn could get a 3rd or better. If teams are willing to throw a first at a guy just cause he is a QB, then they would be willing to throw a 3rd at a more proven/better QB also

Burleson81
02-11-2013, 12:05 AM
Why do you think that? You realize how many teams need QB and how little QB there are right?

Flynn is better than any of the 3-4th round QBs, so if that's where a team is looking, it's probably a good shot. Maybe even 2nd too.

I think his value will go up after the draft... after certain teams have missed out on their targeted QB prospects. I think right now his value is lower because teams believe we may possibly just release Flynn outright without any trade.

House
02-11-2013, 12:45 AM
If its KC, I see the trade being a draft day thing. Any other team will trade prior to. Just a gut feeling

seahawks509
02-11-2013, 03:49 AM
I don't think we will get anything more than a 5th

Seattle4Ever
02-11-2013, 12:06 PM
I don't think we will get anything more than a 5th

I think you're crazy.

seahawks509
02-11-2013, 01:25 PM
I think you're crazy.

Only two teams wanted him in FA, now a year later we are trying to trade him? If no one like him then why do you think they will now.

ztilzer31
02-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Only two teams wanted him in FA, now a year later we are trying to trade him? If no one like him then why do you think they will now.

There is not facts backing up the statement "no one wanted him last year". Yes we got him, but he wanted to go to our team. Aaron Rodgers even said so before the off-season that he thought Flynn would go to Seattle. It's very possible Flynn had other places to go.

We have a very strong relationship with the Jets organization, so it wouldn't surprise me if we traded him there.

Caribou Lou
02-11-2013, 03:47 PM
Clayton has also mentioned the possibility of swapping 2nd's and getting a 5th/6th. Specifically with the Jags and Jets.

House
02-11-2013, 05:01 PM
In my latest mock draft, I have us swapping 3rd rd picks with KC and receiving a conditional 2014 pick. I think a deal like that will appeal to both sides easily.

seahawks509
02-11-2013, 06:10 PM
There is not facts backing up the statement "no one wanted him last year". Yes we got him, but he wanted to go to our team. Aaron Rodgers even said so before the off-season that he thought Flynn would go to Seattle. It's very possible Flynn had other places to go.

We have a very strong relationship with the Jets organization, so it wouldn't surprise me if we traded him there.

Actually no one wanted him. I believe it came down to us and Miami. Miami back down cause they wanted tannehill

House
02-11-2013, 06:49 PM
Actually no one wanted him. I believe it came down to us and Miami. Miami back down cause they wanted tannehill

With all the teams that had QB struggles in 2012 and the lack of a STRONG 2013 QB draft class, the need for Flynn has elevated. Throw in the teams that had front office changes and that puts 5-6 teams up on the block in need of a QB.

CHAWKSFLYNHGH
02-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Flynn should be the main piece in a trade for Harvin. Harvin and Rice at wide out and Tate in the slot would be great. You could also motion Harvin into a pistol formation and move Tate outside. That would be a tough audible to adjust against as a defense.

I agree 1000%

Seattle4Ever
02-11-2013, 08:16 PM
I think the Vikes and Browns are the best candidates. Jets and Jags are solid too. I've read that the Jags are trying to give Gabbert one last year, but why not have him compete with Flynn? :shrug:

House
02-11-2013, 08:44 PM
I agree 1000%

I think Rice and Bevell could help get Harvin. Same thing when Jackson helped us get Rice

I think the Vikes and Browns are the best candidates. Jets and Jags are solid too. I've read that the Jags are trying to give Gabbert one last year, but why not have him compete with Flynn? :shrug:

Gabbert needs time to develop. That was his major Knock coming out of college. Letting Flynn compete to start and then Gabbert be their future would probably be their best bet

ztilzer31
02-11-2013, 11:33 PM

I'll repeat myself. There are no facts to back up this statement. It's very possible Flynn didn't want to go to Miami. Nothing has been confirmed one way or another, you're just repeating speculations. None of this is fact.

ztilzer31
02-11-2013, 11:37 PM
I also 100% would not want to trade for Harvin. Why would you trade for a guy getting ready to holdout? That's not the type of guy I want to bring in. Especially when we got a lot of pro bowlers makin less than appealing contracts. Russell Wilson is going to need a fat payday in the near future, and so will Richard Sherman. Why not trust Pete and John drafting? They've done a bang up job so far.

I truly believe the best teams make most of their moves in the draft, and just like Mario Williams last year, I don't believe Harvin is worth the money that is rumored he's asking for. He wants top 5 WR pay, and he's just not a top 5 WR IMO.

Seattle4Ever
02-11-2013, 11:49 PM
Gabbert needs time to develop. That was his major Knock coming out of college. Letting Flynn compete to start and then Gabbert be their future would probably be their best bet

I knew Gabbert would bust and I don't think he'll be even a solid starting QB.

House
02-12-2013, 12:00 AM
I knew Gabbert would bust and I don't think he'll be even a solid starting QB.

In all fairness, his offense hasn't helped him.

2011: No one could catch a damn football.
2012: They bring in Robinson/Blackmon and then MJD gets hurt

There has been no balance to the offense. Similar to the start of Alex Smith's career

Seattle4Ever
02-12-2013, 12:28 AM
In his last (junior) season he threw for 16 TDs, 9 INTs. Not very good for where he was drafted.

House
02-12-2013, 12:31 AM
I am not banking on Gabbert doing well... I hope we trade Flynn.

Good read...
http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2013/02/11/why-seahawks-flynns-trade-stock-is-rising/

seahawks509
02-12-2013, 12:46 AM
I'll repeat myself. There are no facts to back up this statement. It's very possible Flynn didn't want to go to Miami. Nothing has been confirmed one way or another, you're just repeating speculations. None of this is fact.

No one talked to him, no one offered to him. There are facts, and the facts are only teams payed any attention to him.

ztilzer31
02-12-2013, 09:25 PM
No one talked to him, no one offered to him. There are facts, and the facts are only teams payed any attention to him.

Prove it lol. There are tons of articles on the internet that say that Matt Flynn and the Dolphins met multiple times. There is no factual statement from the organization saying they weren't interested in him. Most people believed Flynn wanted to go to Seattle, and that's why he went there. Seattle clearly had more talent then Miami, and Flynn could of wanted to start for the better team, and thought he'd be a shoe in for the starting job. I'm not saying this is fact. I don't know because every article on it is speculation.

So when you say "no one wanted Flynn besides Seattle" I think that is ridiculous. I think Miami and Seattle made the most sense for Flynn because he'd run a similar offense to the one he already knew, and it's just as conceivable that he didn't want to go to Miami. In fact it seems more realistic that Flynn wouldn't go to Miami (considering many players and coaches have passed on going to Miami). Other teams probably were interested, but these 2 were the only ones that made sense at the time. Or at least the most sense.

jej
02-12-2013, 10:47 PM
^That.

And things change from one year to the next. There are no Lucks or RG3s in this class. Heck, there may only be a couple Tanehills. And on top of that, more teams will probably be looking. KC, Jets, CLE, BUF, ARI, Jags.

Alex Smith, Geno, Glennon, Barkley. Those are the only guys I would take over Flynn, and the last two are a stretch.

Do you really think teams would balk at a 3rd or 4th when those are their other options? Getting Flynn "in the third" rather than reaching for Glennon or someone in the first. No brainer to me

ztilzer31
02-12-2013, 11:34 PM
^That.

And things change from one year to the next. There are no Lucks or RG3s in this class. Heck, there may only be a couple Tanehills. And on top of that, more teams will probably be looking. KC, Jets, CLE, BUF, ARI, Jags.

Alex Smith, Geno, Glennon, Barkley. Those are the only guys I would take over Flynn, and the last two are a stretch.

Do you really think teams would balk at a 3rd or 4th when those are their other options? Getting Flynn "in the third" rather than reaching for Glennon or someone in the first. No brainer to me

Exactly. This is why most of us decided in a previous thread made by that one Raiders fan we should keep Flynn or trade him for high value. It's very known that this years QB class isn't expected to amount to much (although lets be honest it still doesn't stop teams from drafting 5 in the first round usually). Plus there are many teams looking for a new QB, and we're not going to get a better backup then Matt Flynn through free agency. Add in the fact our other QB is making minimum wage by NFL standards we should be in no hurry to cut or trade Flynn.

Flynn's highest value is going to be before the draft or during the season. If he doesn't demand a trade I suggest we trade them during one of those times. I'd rather trade before the draft, but there's always a chance that a team will lose a QB for 4-6 weeks in the middle of the season (like Drew Brees or something) and will need a replacement in order to steal some games and get into the playoffs.

Seattle4Ever
02-13-2013, 12:05 AM
tl;dr :)

Burleson81
02-14-2013, 12:06 AM
I remember when we were hoping to get Barkley in this year's draft. Glad we now have Wilson. We won't be able to predict the Seahawks offseason moves and draft. Might as well just wait and enjoy whatever comes.

But I know we will keep speculating... :)

Seattle4Ever
02-14-2013, 01:02 AM
We could have gotten Barkley this year if we didn't have Wilson. Thank God for RW3.

House
02-14-2013, 02:14 AM
Amazing what changes in a year...

seahawks509
02-14-2013, 03:33 AM
I still think there will be a couple really solid QB's. I think Barkley will make a good NFL quarterback. Always have. Glennon will be good, and so will Nassib.

seahawks509
02-14-2013, 03:34 AM
Tyler Bray, Tyler Wilson. I think Bray is staying, but Wilson could have a good career. Aaron Murray will be the #1 pick next year, or atleast should be. That kid can play. That's who I really wanted at QB, not anymore though..

ztilzer31
02-14-2013, 04:03 PM
Tyler Bray, Tyler Wilson. I think Bray is staying, but Wilson could have a good career. Aaron Murray will be the #1 pick next year, or atleast should be. That kid can play. That's who I really wanted at QB, not anymore though..

You could be right. I don't pay enough attention to college football to have a firm opinion on the matter, but either way teams seem to think this years draft class is nothing compared to last years, and probably won't produce any consistent starters. We'll see the closer we get to draft day, but the worse the draft class is the better Matt Flynn is going to look to other teams.

seahawks509
02-14-2013, 04:34 PM
There's no doubt this class is nothing compared to last years. I still think they have some very solid QBs. I definitely think that last years group of QBs hurt this years QBs I think Barkley will become a very good QB, and others have a good shot as well. But I completely agree with you.

kpak76
02-14-2013, 09:45 PM
We could have gotten Barkley this year if we didn't have Wilson. Thank God for RW3.

Question, why do people use RW3? It really makes no sense, and looks really unoringinal to me. Sorry to nitpick, but that one bothers me for some reason as a nickname.

Anyways, I think swapping 2nd and another low pick with either the Jets or Jax seems most likely to me. Also Gabbert seems to be injury prone. Maybe its because of their poor line, who knows.

Vinny642
02-14-2013, 10:45 PM
Flynn and a 3rd for Harvin, Make it happen

jej
02-15-2013, 12:14 AM
Doubt they would do that. Don't think they are giving up on Ponder.

Vinny642
02-15-2013, 12:32 AM
I think they will give up on him, but Flynn would be their plan B
Because lets be real here, Ponder is kinda bad

Seattle4Ever
02-15-2013, 01:06 AM
Question, why do people use RW3? It really makes no sense, and looks really unoringinal to me. Sorry to nitpick, but that one bothers me for some reason as a nickname.

Anyways, I think swapping 2nd and another low pick with either the Jets or Jax seems most likely to me. Also Gabbert seems to be injury prone. Maybe its because of their poor line, who knows.

Um.... it's his initials and his number, so.... sorry. I think that's one of the only times I've ever said used it.

ztilzer31
02-15-2013, 03:27 PM
Um.... it's his initials and his number, so.... sorry. I think that's one of the only times I've ever said used it.

Called out!!! Lol it really isn't a big deal.

Better then my buddy who calls him wizzle.

ztilzer31
02-15-2013, 03:31 PM
I don't see what we get trading for Harvin besides a guy who's going to ask to be over payed. He's said before that he believes he's a top 5 WR in the league. Check out the contracts of the top 5 WR's in the NFL, and tell me you still want him.

Remember this year we're good but for the next 2 or 3 years after that we're going to have a lot of key players needing new contracts. I think Harvin is versatile, and explosive, but I don't consider him a top 5 WR, and I don't think WR is a big enough of a necessity on this team to go spending huge money on.

Wouldn't you rather draft one or two guys early? I mean I think we all want Harvin on this team, but given the circumstances wouldn't it just gimp us for the long run?

Caribou Lou
02-15-2013, 04:42 PM
Yeah I don't get the Harvin talk. Sure he's explosive and would be awesome to have but you're not going to trade a high draft pick for a rent-a-player. Sidney Rice has a cap hit of $9.7mil for 2013 (6th highest paid WR in the NFL) and the same for 2014. There's no way this regime is going to invest upwards of $20 mil in two receivers.

Seattle4Ever
02-15-2013, 04:51 PM
He seems like he's sort of a big ego guy

ztilzer31
02-15-2013, 05:36 PM
Not to mention he plans on holding out. So it wouldn't even be a rent a player scenario. It would be a disgruntled player scenario where he might not even play unless we upped his contract.

NateyB24
02-15-2013, 06:54 PM
LOL are those 2 older guys in the beginning drunk??

Boozerguy47
02-15-2013, 08:42 PM
Pulled this from the NFL general discussion. Eight minutes, check it out...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000139550/article/richard-sherman-im-proof-the-draft-process-is-a-sham

Caribou Lou
02-15-2013, 09:53 PM
lol...they're on Bourbon Street...what else would they be?

House
02-15-2013, 11:29 PM
I think Revis and Harvin will be moved... Neither to SEA though. I think we stay the course, go after mid-tier guys not seeking bank-breaking deals and continue growing through the draft.

Flynn more than likely will be moved for picks and/or young players.

NateyB24
02-16-2013, 03:14 AM
I think he is gone Schneider made a comment that they want to get more of an athlete as a backup which makes sense Flynn is more of a pocket guy it would screw with the Offense imo.

With the way this QB class is i could see us getting a nice pick maybe a 3rd-4th RD pick really weak QB class.

House
02-16-2013, 03:46 AM
A backup QB I am interested in is Tyrod Taylor (BAL). I was reading something yesterday saying BAL would like a backup similar to Flacco's skillset and size.

bwobster
02-16-2013, 09:14 AM
This isnt a Cutler thread haha

NateyB24
02-16-2013, 02:26 PM
A backup QB I am interested in is Tyrod Taylor (BAL). I was reading something yesterday saying BAL would like a backup similar to Flacco's skillset and size.

Tyrod Taylor really isn't a good thrower though i think we should look at Tajh Boyd.

House
02-16-2013, 03:49 PM
Tyrod Taylor really isn't a good thrower though i think we should look at Tajh Boyd.

Tajh Boyd isn't coming out this year...
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/acc/2013/01/09/tajh-boyd-staying-clemson/1820977/

NateyB24
02-16-2013, 04:50 PM
Tajh Boyd isn't coming out this year...
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/acc/2013/01/09/tajh-boyd-staying-clemson/1820977/

You mean isn't but thanks didn't realize that EJ Manuel might be a target then but someone might take him early because of his potential.

House
02-16-2013, 07:57 PM
You mean isn't but thanks didn't realize that EJ Manuel might be a target then but someone might take him early because of his potential.

I fixed it. I like Manuel and I think he'll probably go in the 3rd. With a good Combine and Pro day, he could surprise. We have seen several QBs in recent years go in the 1st that probably shouldn't have.

Seattle4Ever
02-17-2013, 12:13 AM
I'd just like to get Josh Portis back, really. But I don't think he's ready to be a #2.

House
02-17-2013, 12:55 AM
I'd just like to get Josh Portis back, really. But I don't think he's ready to be a #2.

Portis and a vet like Matt Moore or something wouldn't be a bad thing

NateyB24
02-17-2013, 04:22 AM
I don't know about Portis really regressed from what we saw in preseason Matt Moore wouldn't be to bad of an idea as a backup as House said.

Problem is Matt Moore might want to go to a place like Jacksonville or NYJ where he has a chance to win a starting job.

Seattle4Ever
02-17-2013, 01:20 PM
At the same time I like the idea of only carrying two quarterbacks. It leaves another spot for maybe an extra WR, CB, LB, etc.

House
02-17-2013, 01:59 PM
At the same time I like the idea of only carrying two quarterbacks. It leaves another spot for maybe an extra WR, CB, LB, etc.

That's true... I just don't see us holding a Rookie backup.

NateyB24
02-17-2013, 03:10 PM
That's true... I just don't see us holding a Rookie backup.

Pete and John started a rookie over Matt Flynn who was more of a known i don't think they would shy away from having a rookie backup at QB.

Seattle4Ever
02-17-2013, 04:39 PM
Pete and John started a rookie over Matt Flynn who was more of a known i don't think they would shy away from having a rookie backup at QB.

Russell Wilson wasn't a typical rookie.

House
02-17-2013, 05:02 PM

Exactly... Especially with this QB class not being deemed the best in regards to top talent or depth.

Labgrownmangoat
02-17-2013, 05:21 PM
I think he is gone Schneider made a comment that they want to get more of an athlete as a backup which makes sense Flynn is more of a pocket guy it would screw with the Offense imo.

With the way this QB class is i could see us getting a nice pick maybe a 3rd-4th RD pick really weak QB class.

Dennis Dixon could have been a good choice, had he not already gone to Philly.

NateyB24
02-17-2013, 05:38 PM

My point is they aren't scared to play a rookie if they think he can play just like when they played Sherman and Lane as well they could of just went out and signed vets but they didn't.

Talking about when Sherman was in his first year and Thurmond got hurt by the way i know this was his 2nd year.

Burleson81
02-17-2013, 10:48 PM
If Flynn stays on the team, is there going to be another open competition for starting QB?

jej
02-17-2013, 10:49 PM
You are joking right?

seahawks509
02-17-2013, 11:31 PM
You are joking right?

I wouldn't be surprised

NateyB24
02-18-2013, 12:49 AM
If Flynn stays on the team, is there going to be another open competition for starting QB?

Yea we just need to find a 3rd QB.

Seattle4Ever
02-18-2013, 03:53 AM
You are joking right?

There will be. Always Compete.

Obviously Wilson is going to win, but I'm sure there will be. Maybe not the "open competition" that Flynn, Wilson, and T-Jack had, but I wouldn't put it past Pete. It's his M.O.

NateyB24
02-18-2013, 11:08 PM
There will be. Always Compete.

Obviously Wilson is going to win, but I'm sure there will be. Maybe not the "open competition" that Flynn, Wilson, and T-Jack had, but I wouldn't put it past Pete. It's his M.O.

I think Pete will come out and say Wilson is the starter he did the same thing when we first signed T-Jack he didn't let Whitehurst compete.

Labgrownmangoat
02-19-2013, 09:45 AM
There is a degree to which there is always an open competition for every spot. Some of them just end a whole lot sooner than others, like 10 minutes into the first offseason drills. "Yup, Marshawn Lynch didn't put on 80 pounds or break his leg since we've seen him. Starter."

seahawks509
02-19-2013, 03:04 PM
What if Wilson sucks to start the season and Flynn goes off? Quarterbacks almost always have sophmore slumps and you can't tell anything based off of one season. Maybe it was a fluke? You can't say no way that's impossible with Wilson. Well it's happened before with other players. I highly doubt it does happen though.

Seattle4Ever
02-19-2013, 04:34 PM
With a player who is as intelligent and talented as Wilson, there's almost no way that happens. He prepares way too hard and diligently to fail.

seahawks509
02-19-2013, 07:09 PM
You just never know. Sure he has what it takes to be the best, and he is mentally there but you just never know. There have been so many players who have one great season and then go nowhere.

Caribou Lou
02-19-2013, 09:35 PM
Name one QB who's had close to as good of a year as Wilson and then went on to flop.

seahawks509
02-19-2013, 11:17 PM
Does it matter what he did this year? No. It matters what he does next year. That's what I am saying. Just because he had one good year doesn't mean he's a future HOFer and a multiple MVP and Super Bowl MVP winner. You see this all the time with other positions. Oh and QB is tougher than those. So it's not like he's a giving to be the hottest player. There is a chance that Wilson could come in next year and suck and Flynn impresses.

seahawks509
02-19-2013, 11:25 PM
It would be stupid to not have at least some type of QB battle. I mean so our QB is a given, so is lynch, okung, and unger. But oh wait Sherman is arguably our best player, him and browner are given. Well actually all of our DBs. Intact out whole defense besides OLB and maybe 3 tech and Leo are given starter spot. But if your gonna go there then our top two WR, Tate and rice, are given starters. Same with miller. You see the problem here? Pretty soon it makes the whole competition theory BS and bogus. You have to stay true to your word and have a competition at EVERY position. Obviously the chances Turbin beats out lynch aren't likely, but they still have that competition. So yea info believe a QB competition is required next year.

jej
02-19-2013, 11:26 PM
Theres a chance with any player. But I dont hear you saying anything about Lemuel Jeanpierre taking away the starting center spot from Unger.

NateyB24
02-20-2013, 02:38 AM
Does it matter what he did this year? No. It matters what he does next year. That's what I am saying. Just because he had one good year doesn't mean he's a future HOFer and a multiple MVP and Super Bowl MVP winner. You see this all the time with other positions. Oh and QB is tougher than those. So it's not like he's a giving to be the hottest player. There is a chance that Wilson could come in next year and suck and Flynn impresses.

A QB battle made sense before because we didn't have our guy now we do it would be stupid to have a QB competition taking reps away from Wilson.

The veterans won't buy a QB competition for one second either Sherman was already boasting Wilson to be the best QB out of this rookie class.

It would be stupid to not have at least some type of QB battle. I mean so our QB is a given, so is lynch, okung, and unger. But oh wait Sherman is arguably our best player, him and browner are given. Well actually all of our DBs. Intact out whole defense besides OLB and maybe 3 tech and Leo are given starter spot. But if your gonna go there then our top two WR, Tate and rice, are given starters. Same with miller. You see the problem here? Pretty soon it makes the whole competition theory BS and bogus. You have to stay true to your word and have a competition at EVERY position. Obviously the chances Turbin beats out lynch aren't likely, but they still have that competition. So yea info believe a QB competition is required next year.

I could see a open competition for Tates spot maybe in the draft but proven elite talent like Sherman should just be named starters.

ztilzer31
02-22-2013, 01:19 AM
Name one QB who's had close to as good of a year as Wilson and then went on to flop.

Joe Namath. Obviously a completely different personality but Joe really was garbage most of his career. His rookie season was the only season he threw more TD's then interceptions.

There's actually quite a few. Thing is you don't remember the names of people who have good rookie years... You remember the guys who have good careers. What about Joe Theisman? I mean thing's happen. Seahawks509 is right. You really never know. I mean Rick Mirer was THE FUTURE of the Seahawks at one point. You can't compare people in that era's stats though. QB's weren't as advanced coming out of college, but Rick Mirer almost won rookie of the year his first season, and never really did pan out.

As far as work ethic I think Russell is going to continue to be in shape and ready to play, and prepared, but you never know. If he came into camp 20 pounds heavier, and out of shape I wouldn't want him at QB.

These are all what ifs. I personally believe (like and sane person) that Russell will come in with the same determination and work ethic. I don't see him regressing so much that he loses the job. It's his job now. He has to play pretty bad to lose it.

Burleson81
02-22-2013, 01:35 AM
http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2020407263_seahawks22.html

Meanwhile, Seattle's general manager was worried that his quarterback might be working not too well but too hard after a rookie season in which he led his team to the second round of the playoffs, went to the Pro Bowl and then attended the Super Bowl only to come back to work the following Monday.

"I was like, 'Man, you've got to take some vacation,' " Schneider said. " 'You need to get away a little bit.' I guess he was in there working yesterday, so I don't know."

Oh Russell.

Caribou Lou
02-22-2013, 02:55 AM
Joe Namath. Obviously a completely different personality but Joe really was garbage most of his career. His rookie season was the only season he threw more TD's then interceptions.

Really? Joe Namath? I said QB's who've had a rookie season close to the year Russell had. A 48% completion percentage, 2,200 yards, and 18 - 15 TD-INT ratio and a QB rating of 68.8 is NOT close to what Wilson did this year.

There's actually quite a few. Thing is you don't remember the names of people who have good rookie years... You remember the guys who have good careers. What about Joe Theisman? I mean thing's happen. Seahawks509 is right. You really never know. I mean Rick Mirer was THE FUTURE of the Seahawks at one point. You can't compare people in that era's stats though. QB's weren't as advanced coming out of college, but Rick Mirer almost won rookie of the year his first season, and never really did pan out.

Joe Theisman? You mean the Joe Theisman who attempted only 33 passes in his first two season in the NFL and then went on to have a pretty successful 12 year career with Washington? Including two Super Bowl appearances (winning one of them), two Pro Bowl appearances and an NFL MVP award (in his 10th season with the 'skins I might add.)

As for Rick Mirer, he did have a decent rookie year...however...again, his rookie numbers don't hold a candle to what Wilson did this year.

As far as work ethic I think Russell is going to continue to be in shape and ready to play, and prepared, but you never know. If he came into camp 20 pounds heavier, and out of shape I wouldn't want him at QB.

These are all what ifs. I personally believe (like and sane person) that Russell will come in with the same determination and work ethic. I don't see him regressing so much that he loses the job. It's his job now. He has to play pretty bad to lose it.

Agreed.

ztilzer31
02-22-2013, 04:13 PM
Really? Joe Namath? I said QB's who've had a rookie season close to the year Russell had. A 48% completion percentage, 2,200 yards, and 18 - 15 TD-INT ratio and a QB rating of 68.8 is NOT close to what Wilson did this year.

Joe Theisman? You mean the Joe Theisman who attempted only 33 passes in his first two season in the NFL and then went on to have a pretty successful 12 year career with Washington? Including two Super Bowl appearances (winning one of them), two Pro Bowl appearances and an NFL MVP award (in his 10th season with the 'skins I might add.)

As for Rick Mirer, he did have a decent rookie year...however...again, his rookie numbers don't hold a candle to what Wilson did this year.

Agreed.

I mean that's kind of unfair to compare guys in the 80's and 90's to QB's now. I mean every QB now has better stats. Compare Brandon Weeden's stats to 80's QB's and he looks pretty good.

That's why I'm saying the stats aren't comparable. Rick Mirer almost won rookie of the year with those stats.

I meant Joe Theismann how his career ended... I know he played for awhile, I was just more referring to how his career suddenly ended.

ztilzer31
02-22-2013, 04:15 PM
QB's didn't have the type of INT/TD ratio they do now. No one did. Even the top QB's. Passing game has advanced too much.

Look at Dan Marino. He only threw for over 60% completions 5 times in his career. In Namath's rookie season there wasn't a single player that through for over 60% completion %.

Just saying there's definitely a gap in era's that you have to consider when comparing rookies.

P.S. We forgot the second 'N' on Theismann. Always forget that tricky bastard lol.

seahawks509
02-22-2013, 05:54 PM
Theres a chance with any player. But I dont hear you saying anything about Lemuel Jeanpierre taking away the starting center spot from Unger.

Obviously you didn't read my post.

seahawks509
02-22-2013, 05:56 PM
A QB battle made sense before because we didn't have our guy now we do it would be stupid to have a QB competition taking reps away from Wilson.

The veterans won't buy a QB competition for one second either Sherman was already boasting Wilson to be the best QB out of this rookie class.

I could see a open competition for Tates spot maybe in the draft but proven elite talent like Sherman should just be named starters.

Why? Let them compete. That's how players get better. Competition. If you have the feeling that no one is breathing down your neck than you tend to not play as good. Always compete and always have jobs open.

jej
02-22-2013, 06:39 PM
Obviously you didn't read my post.

Bahaha, why is that always your go to? If i didnt read it, I wouldnt have replied to it. Use some logic and common sense

Just because someone disagrees doesnt mean they didnt read your post. It just means you arent perfectly correct all the time, despite what you want to believe.

There is a chance that Wilson could come in next year and suck and Flynn impresses

This is what I was replying to. You said that. I read it.

Theres a chance Max Unger comes in even fatter and struggles, and Lemuel Jeanpierre looks solid. But you arent worried about that. Or about Bobby Wagner going blind and Heath whatshisass beating him out. Russ is one of the most likely to continue to succeed. If you are going to worry about him, then you have to worry about everyone.

Do you think Pete will come out and say Pro-Bowl, team captain center Max Unger will have to compete with Lemuel Jeanpierre? I doubt it. And I doubt he will say that Flynn and Russ are competing either.

Theres a different between someone being out of shape, playing bad and losing a competition, and having an open comp. Does Bill Bellichek say Brian Hoyer is going to compete with MVP, future Hall of Famer Tom Brady?

ztilzer31
02-22-2013, 06:51 PM
Bahaha, why is that always your go to? If i didnt read it, I wouldnt have replied to it. Use some logic and common sense

Just because someone disagrees doesnt mean they didnt read your post. It just means you arent perfectly correct all the time, despite what you want to believe.

This is what I was replying to. You said that. I read it.

Theres a chance Max Unger comes in even fatter and struggles, and Lemuel Jeanpierre looks solid. But you arent worried about that. Or about Bobby Wagner going blind and Heath whatshisass beating him out. Russ is one of the most likely to continue to succeed. If you are going to worry about him, then you have to worry about everyone.

Do you think Pete will come out and say Pro-Bowl, team captain center Max Unger will have to compete with Lemuel Jeanpierre? I doubt it. And I doubt he will say that Flynn and Russ are competing either.

Theres a different between someone being out of shape, playing bad and losing a competition, and having an open comp. Does Bill Bellichek say Brian Hoyer is going to compete with MVP, future Hall of Famer Tom Brady?

You don't worry about Max Unger, because Max Unger is not at a position where your entire team relies on. Let's not act like a Center has the same impact a QB can have on a game. If Unger came in fat and out of shape, not practicing the whole offseason... Then we'd replace him. If Russell Wilson does it, and we trade Matt Flynn... Who do we replace him with?

Totally illegitimate comparison to Russell Wilson... Brady has shown he's a top QB in the league year in and year out. Russell Wilson had one great season. The only questions left with Wilson is can he be consistent, can he stay healthy, and can he still improve. Having one good season doesn't merit a comparison to a hall of famer. I mean I'm excited about Russell too, but let's be realistic.

ztilzer31
02-22-2013, 06:54 PM
And if Brady came in 25 pounds over weight and started leaving practice early every day or something I'm sure he would be replaced quick. Thing is you don't worry about that with Brady because he's "been there done that".

jej
02-22-2013, 07:03 PM
Russell has been there done that too. Even if its just one year, a guy like Russ is fine. He is more like a vet than a rookie. He isnt going to come in fat or slow. Wont happen.

Point is, there is a difference between what you are saying and an open competition. Guys can be replaced at any time. Nothing is set in stone. But you dont come out and say its an open competition with Russ and Flynn. Thats the fundemental problem with this argument. Replacement vs winning an open competition

ztilzer31
02-22-2013, 07:24 PM
Russell has been there done that too. Even if its just one year, a guy like Russ is fine. He is more like a vet than a rookie. He isnt going to come in fat or slow. Wont happen.

Point is, there is a difference between what you are saying and an open competition. Guys can be replaced at any time. Nothing is set in stone. But you dont come out and say its an open competition with Russ and Flynn. Thats the fundemental problem with this argument. Replacement vs winning an open competition

Oh I agree. You keep the competitiveness though. You want people always to try their best. I mean if Russell Wilson comes in and is doing the same stuff he did last season (as far as work ethic) it's his job, but you don't want him getting too comfortable. Still needs to compete, but doesn't necessarily need to be a competition.

But you're wrong about one thing. Rusell Wilson has not "been there don that". You give Russell Wilson way more credit then deserved which is ridiculous considering he deserves a lot of credit. One good season. Still one good season lol. Take a step back and look at the whole situation. Do I think Russell will do great next year, and for the next 10 years? Yes. That really doesn't mean anything though. Things change fast in the NFL for a multitude of reason. Maybe teams start buckling down, and we can't run the read option effectively anymore... He still needs to progress. He's not perfect, and this could of been some fluke season. I don' t think it will be, and I'd put my money on no, but you never know especially with a guy like Wilson. His skill set is so much different than everyone else in the NFL.

ztilzer31
02-22-2013, 07:27 PM
Consistency is a big part of the NFL. Russell progressed faster than any QB I've ever seen. He went from a average, maybe even below average QB to a good maybe even great QB by the end of the year, and he never seemed to regress into old habits. Every issue I've had with Wilson has improved in every game. Little by little, but to say that means he's invincible, and it's impossible for him to fail, and he has the same trust as guys like Tom Brady is going completely overboard.

jej
02-22-2013, 07:45 PM
Of course there is competition and you have to be willing to make a change if necessary. But to me, thats different than a full competition like last year was.

The amount Russ works and studies, he isnt a typical rookie. He obviously isnt as experienced as Brady, thats not what I meant. But he has been around for a full year, played in 2 playoff games, and works his *** off, mentally and physically. He just gets it more than even some vets do.

ztilzer31
02-23-2013, 03:39 AM
Of course there is competition and you have to be willing to make a change if necessary. But to me, thats different than a full competition like last year was.

The amount Russ works and studies, he isnt a typical rookie. He obviously isnt as experienced as Brady, thats not what I meant. But he has been around for a full year, played in 2 playoff games, and works his *** off, mentally and physically. He just gets it more than even some vets do.

I completely agree. There's no reason to believe Russell Wilson won't come in and start where he left off, but he still has to prove his talents can be consistent in the NFL. Teams figure things out, and we relied heavily on the read option last year. Our offense needs to mature, but there's no reason to believe that Russell Wilson will not just keep getting better and better.

I think we should start doing what Russell does for every post. End in

Go Hawks.

Seattle4Ever
02-23-2013, 05:53 AM
Haven't read the last two pages.

jej
02-23-2013, 12:23 PM
Congratulations?

seahawks509
02-23-2013, 01:24 PM
Russel is young, he still needs competition, someone to push him.

jej
02-23-2013, 03:03 PM
I think he is so much better than Flynn that he wont be pushed anyway. I am not worried about Russ at all, and I am surprised some people are. He works way to hard to get worse

seahawks509
02-23-2013, 06:45 PM
Every player can be pushed, and Flynn is very good

ztilzer31
02-23-2013, 08:01 PM
Doesn't really matter though. Russell's going to get the reps with the first team throughout the preseason, and training camp. It's not going to be an open competition. I can guarantee you that.

If Russell comes in doing what he did last year (works hard) he'll be the starter. No doubt about it. It's hard for a QB to beat another QB for a position unless someone gets injured or there is an open competition. Look at Kaepernick. He was clearly better then Smith, but Smith was the one getting all the first tteam snaps before the season.

I agree, I think Matt will be a really good QB, but not for the Seahawks.

ztilzer31
02-23-2013, 08:01 PM
Haven't read the last two pages.

:offtopic::shush:

seahawks509
02-24-2013, 01:02 AM
I think Flynn should be traded and I think RW will get most of the 1st team reps. It won't be anything like last year. I am not saying that. I am just saying that if you don't think there won't be competition. Then you don't know this team.

ztilzer31
02-24-2013, 01:09 AM
I think Flynn should be traded and I think RW will get most of the 1st team reps. It won't be anything like last year. I am not saying that. I am just saying that if you don't think there won't be competition. Then you don't know this team.

I completely agree. There will be competition. For everyone. Pete and John have made it very clear that this team is about what you're doing now, not what you've done.

It's weird being excited about the draft AND having a good team. Don't get me wrong I love Holmgren, and think he's probably the best offensive play caller I've ever seen, but he really screwed the pooch when it came to drafting. Just got that faith with John and Pete.

jej
02-24-2013, 02:04 PM
Once again, competition that you are talking about isnt really an open competition. You are saying no one is a 100% safe in their job, and thats obvious. Anyone can lose their job at any time. I dont see that as competition. Competition is leaving the job open and saying go get it. Thats not going to be the case.

seahawks509
02-24-2013, 03:20 PM
This year I am more excited about the later rounds than the first couple. It might be because we are picking 25. I love how we can find guys who fit our scheme so well and. Even if it's one skill set and aren't a complete player yet. They can use that skill set and thrive in our system. It's awesome watching PC and JS do their thing. What they have done the past couple years have been a beautiful masterpiece.

ztilzer31
02-24-2013, 05:12 PM
Once again, competition that you are talking about isnt really an open competition. You are saying no one is a 100% safe in their job, and thats obvious. Anyone can lose their job at any time. I dont see that as competition. Competition is leaving the job open and saying go get it. Thats not going to be the case.

"Always compete". There is always competition in our camp. That's how Pete runs the camp. I'm not saying it's going to be like last year... I mean Russell is going to get all the first time snaps no matter how you look at it (unless he gets injured), but Pete is going to expect his guys to compete in practice, games, and camp... All year. Just referring to his motto, not indicating there's going to be "open competition" in camp and preseason.

jej
02-24-2013, 06:12 PM
I wasnt talking to you. I completely agree with that. I was talking to people who are making it seem like PC will come out and say its a competition

seahawks509
02-24-2013, 06:55 PM
You must not know what the hell your talking about.We said the same thing. But I am wrong and he's right. I am not even going to read your posts anymore.

jej
02-25-2013, 02:50 PM
All I did was clarify competition vs open competition last year. Never said I didn't agree with you. If you said the same thing, then I agree with you too. At first you made it seem like an open competition, then clarified that that isn't what you mean (I think, hard to tell what "your" trying to say when you change it so often). Plus, I never said I was talking to you either. You must not be very confident in your opinion considering you are assuming what I said is a response to you.

I was talking to people who are making it seem like PC will come out and say its a competition

"You obviously don't read what I say." If that doesn't apply to you, then I wasn't talking to you was I?

Cool your jets and quit taking it so personally. You really value my opinion highly for someone who acts like he doesn't value my opinion highly. Don't ready my posts, it doesn't affect me. I don't need approval from someone who freaks the hell out, contradicts himself, and forgets what he says from one day to the next.

NateyB24
02-26-2013, 02:37 AM
I really don't think PC will make this a competition Caroll isn't going to take reps away from Wilson now that he has his guy.

Even if he did nobody is going to take him seriously it would be like when he said Whitehurst was competing with Hasselbeck.

ztilzer31
02-26-2013, 06:20 PM
I really don't think PC will make this a competition Caroll isn't going to take reps away from Wilson now that he has his guy.

Even if he did nobody is going to take him seriously it would be like when he said Whitehurst was competing with Hasselbeck.

Woah woah woah come on lol. Comparing Whitehurst to Flynn is completely unfair. Flynn could score more than 3 points against the Browns.

That's not what we're saying. We agree. There will not be any open competition of sharing for first team snaps this time. We were more referring to the competitive nature of this football team. Flynn, and Wilson will compete because they both want to get better. I'd be pretty surprised to see Flynn in a Seahawks uniform much next year. If the Smith deal gets done fast (which it's looking like it) I expect the next QB with all the focus is going to be Matt Flynn.

Hopefully San Fran get's a lot for that deal. Have a feeling we're going to have to take 1 round less than whatever Smith gets at the least.

NateyB24
02-26-2013, 06:33 PM
Woah woah woah come on lol. Comparing Whitehurst to Flynn is completely unfair. Flynn could score more than 3 points against the Browns.

That's not what we're saying. We agree. There will not be any open competition of sharing for first team snaps this time. We were more referring to the competitive nature of this football team. Flynn, and Wilson will compete because they both want to get better. I'd be pretty surprised to see Flynn in a Seahawks uniform much next year. If the Smith deal gets done fast (which it's looking like it) I expect the next QB with all the focus is going to be Matt Flynn.

Hopefully San Fran get's a lot for that deal. Have a feeling we're going to have to take 1 round less than whatever Smith gets at the least.

I am not comparing skill level here i am making a point that everyone knows that Wilson is the starter whether Caroll comes out and says it or not.

Though that might of not been a good example lol because analysts could tell from training camp that Whitehurst wasn't a NFL starting caliber QB.

kpak76
02-27-2013, 02:01 AM
My 2 cents.

Unless someone completely wows us with an offer we hang onto Flynn. We aren't hurting for cap space and we aren't going to cut him to just to save 2 mil in cap space.

You showcase him during preseason and hopefully after some of these teams see how pathetic their rookie QB's look, suddenly they are in desperate need of a starting calibur QB. Or you can wait for an injury to happen and suddenly Flynn is a hot commodity. As I see it, we have the best back-up in the league. He is on a friendly contract for a starter, and Wilson is playing for peanuts. We are in good position so no need to make a move just to make a move. Worst case scenerio is we hang onto him for a full year as a back-up and we release him next year. I'm cool with that too.

Also, I think we should draft EJ Manuel if he falls to us in the 3rd. He looks like he could flourish in our system and create some solid value for us down the line.

seahawks509
02-27-2013, 02:16 AM
My 2 cents.

Unless someone completely wows us with an offer we hang onto Flynn. We aren't hurting for cap space and we aren't going to cut him to just to save 2 mil in cap space.

You showcase him during preseason and hopefully after some of these teams see how pathetic their rookie QB's look, suddenly they are in desperate need of a starting calibur QB. Or you can wait for an injury to happen and suddenly Flynn is a hot commodity. As I see it, we have the best back-up in the league. He is on a friendly contract for a starter, and Wilson is playing for peanuts. We are in good position so no need to make a move just to make a move. Worst case scenerio is we hang onto him for a full year as a back-up and we release him next year. I'm cool with that too.

Also, I think we should draft EJ Manuel if he falls to us in the 3rd. He looks like he could flourish in our system and create some solid value for us down the line.

Yes

No. We have Wilson and Flynn. I can see us drafting a QB. I would actually be kinda surprised if we didn't. The 3rd roudn is just way too high for us. I can also see EJ falling. I kinda think he's overrated. Shows signs of brilliance, but just seems like he can't put it together. I really like Taj Boyd and aaron Murray. I think both are staying though. Maybe next year?

NateyB24
02-27-2013, 04:09 AM
EJ Manuels stock is rising since the combine and this is such a weak QB draft he will most likely go 2nd-3rd round imo someone may even reach for him in the 1st thinking he is the next Wilson/Kaepernick.

Seattle4Ever
02-27-2013, 11:39 AM
That might be a solid idea as a backup. He fits. Then we might lose a little leverage for Flynn unless he's dealt prior to drafting Manuel.

NateyB24
02-27-2013, 02:10 PM
KC might be sending a 2nd round pick for Alex Smith lol i hate it the 49ers are getting a great deal Alex Smith is going to fail in Andy Reids throw it 50 times a game offense.

ccg34
02-27-2013, 04:03 PM
Makes me think we can at least get a 4th for flynn. I think it'd be wise to hang on to Flynn if we can't get a 4th in return.

ztilzer31
02-27-2013, 04:17 PM
Just made a forum about it in the NFL forum. I said I think we'll trade Flynn for a 3rd round pick to the NYJ.

NateyB24
02-27-2013, 04:53 PM
Just made a forum about it in the NFL forum. I said I think we'll trade Flynn for a 3rd round pick to the NYJ.

Another thread to get to 22 pages by calling us homers.

drew_ellis_23
02-27-2013, 05:14 PM
Another thread to get to 22 pages by calling us homers.

Yep LOL. I think we might be able to get a third or late second. They are getting the first pick in the second round, and a pick in 2014. We should be able to get a late 2nd or early 3rd.

Caribou Lou
02-27-2013, 05:23 PM
Makes me think we can at least get a 4th for flynn. I think it'd be wise to hang on to Flynn if we can't get a 4th in return.

I don't think we make a trade unless we get a 3rd. Remember Alex Smith is "allegedly" getting traded for the Chiefs 2nd round pick (the 34th round pick in the draft) annnnd a mid rounder in 2014.

I could see that now with the Mornhinweg hire.

ztilzer31
02-27-2013, 05:48 PM
Some people still are under the impression that we're desperate to trade Flynn, and we'll only get junk for him.

I honestly think if we don't get at least 4th (maybe even 3rd) we don't trade him. Someone's going to do it. If you want Flynn on your team, and you think he's going to be a consistent starter, a 3rd round pick seems like nothing.

NateyB24
02-27-2013, 09:15 PM
Some people still are under the impression that we're desperate to trade Flynn, and we'll only get junk for him.

I honestly think if we don't get at least 4th (maybe even 3rd) we don't trade him. Someone's going to do it. If you want Flynn on your team, and you think he's going to be a consistent starter, a 3rd round pick seems like nothing.

I don't think we are desperate but i do think they want to move him and get someone more a long the lines of Wilson's skill set so they don't have to completely swap the Offense for a pocket passer.

I think the Jaguars could trade for him the Jets aren't going to Sanchez has 2 years left with a lot of $.

Caribou Lou
02-27-2013, 10:22 PM
1. Matt Flynn isn't a statue, they wouldn't have to overhaul the offense.

2. Accuracy trumps mobility.

3. Good luck finding someone accurate combined with Wilson's athletic ability.

I for one would be more than happy to keep Flynn.

And do you really think Idzik is content with with Sanchez in NY? I don't.

ztilzer31
02-27-2013, 11:34 PM

This.

Sure Flynn isn't going to be running the read option, but he's plenty mobile enough in the pocket.

I think the Jets are stuck with Sanchez. If they didn't already guarantee him a bunch of money he'd probably be cut.

Burleson81
02-28-2013, 12:00 AM
I think they should have a chat with Flynn. They aren't required to, but it fits their classy style. Sit him down and see if he's okay backing up Wilson for another year. He was a true professional last season and took his reserve role like a champ. If he's willing to do the same, then I say keep him. We may need him down the line. He's arguably the best reserve QB in the league.

I also think he adds to the team's practices. 2nd team defenses get to play against a good QB. Let's not be like the 49ers and try to make big changes. They're just reacting to their big super bowl defeat.

Seattle4Ever
02-28-2013, 12:28 AM
I don't think we make a trade unless we get a 3rd. Remember Alex Smith is "allegedly" getting traded for the Chiefs 2nd round pick (the 34th round pick in the draft) annnnd a mid rounder in 2014.

Exactly what I was just gonna say.

The Chiefs got a 2nd and a 2014 conditional 3rd.

Seattle4Ever
02-28-2013, 12:29 AM

I heard they want five quarterbacks in camp, not including Tim Tebow, from Mort.

NateyB24
02-28-2013, 01:35 AM

Matt Flynn cannot run the read option like Wilson can and he isn't going to buy time like Wilson does.

seahawks509
02-28-2013, 01:59 AM
Too much money for the Jets to get Flynn. I would be very surprised if they did.

Caribou Lou
02-28-2013, 02:17 AM
Matt Flynn cannot run the read option like Wilson can and he isn't going to buy time like Wilson does.

Not saying he can. Just saying no matter how "mobile" the qb is in our offense, having an accurate backup (no matter how slow) is more important than just plugging in someone who is "mobile."

FWBrodie
02-28-2013, 04:35 PM

Name one QB who's had as good of rookie year as Wilson. (<--That's a period)

ztilzer31
02-28-2013, 06:14 PM
Rg3

ztilzer31
02-28-2013, 06:17 PM
I think your expectation of getting a QB that can run, and throw the ball well is unrealistic. I know last year with a bunch of speed QB's taken (RG3, Russell, Tannehill, and even Luck is really athletic), but that only works out so often.

If you get a more athletic QB in a later round you're going to end up getting someone who's very raw throwing the football. We made out with Russell Wilson last year, but that's probably not going to happen every again. 5 10 QB gets drafted 3rd round, and defy's expectation. That's a once in a lifetime type player. Sure Flynn isn't that same thing, but he's still a solid backup QB.

Plus that's one formation. We have tons of formations in this offense. It's not like we want to run the read option forever.

ztilzer31
02-28-2013, 06:29 PM
I'll end with this. This offense is not yet fully developed. We're all excited right now, but the read option is not going to work forever. Maybe for RG3 and Kaepernick, but Russell Wilson doesn't have the world class track type speed they have to hit the edge and just go.

He knows this. If you listen to him in interviews he understands where he has to get better. He never doubts himself, but he's said multiple times in interviews he doesn't want to run the ball. I'd rather have the read as a sort of trick play call we use every couple weeks.

I really expect this offense to mature even more this year, and turn into more of a traditional west coast style. This works now, but I was more excited how Russell started hitting his targets in strides, used the middle of the field, and had fewer blown reads. If we get even better by the beginning of next season the read option will be a thing of that past IMO. He's more elusive than he is fast, and that's a more important skill for an NFL QB anyways, but it's his throwing that's going to determine his legacy. Not the read option.

FWBrodie
02-28-2013, 07:04 PM
The read option was a small fraction of the offense in Seattle. It's one more thing for a defense to account for and if they don't Russell will exploit accordingly, but it was by no means the backbone of the gameplan as it is in Washington.

FWBrodie
02-28-2013, 07:05 PM
Rg3

Russell's was better, the best ever.

ztilzer31
02-28-2013, 07:29 PM

In what way was Russell Wilson's season better than RG3's?

FWBrodie
02-28-2013, 07:34 PM
3 more wins, more TD's, beat waaay better defenses, didn't blow out his knee.

ztilzer31
02-28-2013, 07:34 PM
Don't get me wrong. I think Russell Wilson progressed into the better player than RG3 by end season, but RG3 literally beat him in every category besides TD's, and he played one less game than Russell Wilson.

ztilzer31
02-28-2013, 07:36 PM
3 more wins, more TD's, beat waaay better defenses, didn't blow out his knee.

Wins have nothing to do with the voting in this category IMO. This isn't offensive MVP. It's offensive rookie of the year.

He had more TD's but also had double the interceptions (which puts that stat in favor to RG3 IMO).

He blew his knee in the playoffs. The playoffs have no effect on offensive player of the year.

Yeah Russell probably did play better defenses, but he also had a better defense. It still doesn't make up for the vast statistical difference in there stats.

ztilzer31
02-28-2013, 07:37 PM
Not to mention run stats. RG3 clearly dominated Russell in that category.

Seattle4Ever
02-28-2013, 08:30 PM

Eh. They were pretttttty close. Wilson benefited from a better defense.

NateyB24
02-28-2013, 08:54 PM
The read option was a small fraction of the offense in Seattle. It's one more thing for a defense to account for and if they don't Russell will exploit accordingly, but it was by no means the backbone of the gameplan as it is in Washington.

Yep and thats why it won't go away because your not doing it 15+ times a game like Miami was doing with the WC its a surprise if you do it only 6-8 times a game don't know when its coming.

Also guys like RG3,Wilson and Kaepernick can throw the football they aren't just athletes so its a double threat.

In what way was Russell Wilson's season better than RG3's?

If RG3 doesn't learn how to slide or throw from the pocket more i trust Wilson to have the better career he is built better for those hits and he knows how to protect himself.

ztilzer31
02-28-2013, 09:06 PM
Yep and thats why it won't go away because your not doing it 15+ times a game like Miami was doing with the WC its a surprise if you do it only 6-8 times a game don't know when its coming.

Also guys like RG3,Wilson and Kaepernick can throw the football they aren't just athletes so its a double threat.

If RG3 doesn't learn how to slide or throw from the pocket more i trust Wilson to have the better career he is built better for those hits and he knows how to protect himself.

Didn't we have like 30% of our offensive plays using the read option once we implemented it? Not positive on that, and I can't find the stat for it. I remember seeing it, and it being pretty big (maybe 20%).

Also I totally agree that Russell Wilson will probably have a better career. I just think if you're comparing RG3 to Russell Wilson from week 1 to week 17 last year, RG3 clearly had the better season.

NateyB24
02-28-2013, 09:10 PM
Didn't we have like 30% of our offensive plays using the read option once we implemented it? Not positive on that, and I can't find the stat for it. I remember seeing it, and it being pretty big (maybe 20%).

Also I totally agree that Russell Wilson will probably have a better career. I just think if you're comparing RG3 to Russell Wilson from week 1 to week 17 last year, RG3 clearly had the better season.

Nope according to Pete they used the read option only like 6-8 times a game might of used it a lot in that Buffalo game though only because the Bills couldn't stop it.

Caribou Lou
02-28-2013, 10:36 PM
I'm with Brodie as far as Wilson having the best rookie season ever.

Wilson had a much higher % of attempts downfield. Like top 5-10 in the league (Andrew Luck was #1.) If memory serves me correctly Griffin either had the lowest percentage or close to it.

That being said, if RG3s leg doesn't fall off, the QB class of 2012 will go down battling with Elway, Marino and Kelly as the best quarterback class ever. And don't give me any 2004 ********; Eli isn't even the best qb in his family and Philip Rivers throws like a girl.

FWBrodie
02-28-2013, 11:05 PM
Wins have nothing to do with the voting in this category IMO. This isn't offensive MVP. It's offensive rookie of the year.

He had more TD's but also had double the interceptions (which puts that stat in favor to RG3 IMO).

He blew his knee in the playoffs. The playoffs have no effect on offensive player of the year.

Yeah Russell probably did play better defenses, but he also had a better defense. It still doesn't make up for the vast statistical difference in there stats.

Who said anything about awards?

RG3 fumbled 12 times, Wilson 6.

Why did he miss 1.5 games in the reg season then?

RG3 faced awful defenses all year, Wilson would have crushed RG3 against that schedule. He won three more games and matched the numbers against an extremely tougher schedule.

ztilzer31
02-28-2013, 11:18 PM
Who said anything about awards?

RG3 fumbled 12 times, Wilson 6.

Why did he miss 1.5 games in the reg season then?

RG3 faced awful defenses all year, Wilson would have crushed RG3 against that schedule. He won three more games and matched the numbers against an extremely tougher schedule.

I still don't think wins really go into it that much, and even if they did RG3 had a wayyy less talented team this year. Even though Russell Wilson surprised many, it wasn't really a surprise that the Seahawks made the playoffs. The Redskins were an awful team without RG3.

Also aren't we talking about the regular season? I don't really consider post season part of the regular season.

FWBrodie
02-28-2013, 11:34 PM
You must not remember how people perceived the Seahawks before the season. They were far from expected to make the playoffs by most.

FWBrodie
02-28-2013, 11:38 PM
In fact they were 26th in ESPN's power rankings in week 2. Washington was 15th.

Caribou Lou
02-28-2013, 11:53 PM
Yeah...annnd opening the season Vegas had our over/under win total at 7. SEVEN.

ztilzer31
03-01-2013, 12:36 AM
I heard a lot of experts say they thought the Seahawks were going to make the playoffs. Yeah sure you got the east coast biased guys (I seriously read an article last year that had 3 teams from the NFC East making the playoffs and 0 from the NFC West. You heard me right 0, and the guy wrote for ESPN.com). Jason Taylor and Teddy Bruschi both picked the Seahawks to win their division last year. Granted most of the people that picked Seattle also thought Matt Flynn would be starting, but many people did recognize that talent of this team before the season.

ztilzer31
03-01-2013, 12:38 AM
I really feel like Vegas is a bunch of crap though. They're never right. Didn't they have the Eagles 8-1 odds too? Even though they were awful last year.

ztilzer31
03-01-2013, 12:39 AM
In fact they were 26th in ESPN's power rankings in week 2. Washington was 15th.

Well yeah. We lost to the ****ing Cardinals what do you expect lol?

Edit: Pre-season power ranking http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/week/0

Seahawks 22 Redskins 25

First regular Season Power ranking (before any games) http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/week/1

Seahawks 20 Redskins 24

Labgrownmangoat
03-01-2013, 10:32 AM
Seahawks sound content to keep Matt Flynn as a backup
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 28, 2013, 7:38 PM EST

Russell Wilson’s breakout season in Seattle made Matt Flynn, last year’s top free agent quarterback, expendable. But that doesn’t mean the Seahawks are planning to send Flynn packing.

In fact, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports that the “priority” for the Seahawks is to keep Flynn as the backup. Although Flynn’s three-year, $19.5 million contract makes him expensive for a backup, Wilson’s status as a third-round draft pick with only one year in the league makes him a bargain. So the Seahawks figure they’re not overspending at the quarterback position if they have Wilson as their No. 1 and Flynn as their No. 2, even if it is a little odd that the No. 2 is making so much more than the No. 1.

Seahawks General Manager John Schneider has said he’s open to trading Flynn, but it sounds like someone would have to bowl the Seahawks over with an offer to pry him away.

So Flynn, who left Green Bay after four years as Aaron Rodgers‘ backup believing he had finally found a place where he could start in Seattle, may be in for another season as a backup. Or maybe two more seasons as a backup.

Link. (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/28/seahawks-sound-content-to-keep-matt-flynn-as-a-backup/)

Seems unlikely he'll be going anywhere unless a team gets desperate and makes a huge offer.

Caribou Lou
03-01-2013, 02:46 PM
I really feel like Vegas is a bunch of crap though. They're never right. Didn't they have the Eagles 8-1 odds too? Even though they were awful last year.

8-1 on next year's superbowl? All I'm seeing is 40-1. Pats are 6-1 and the Broncos and 49ers are 8-1.

And totally disagree on the Vegas is a bunch of crap part and them never being right. Those oddsmakers are smart mother****ers.

NateyB24
03-01-2013, 02:50 PM
I don't follow Vegas odds so i could be wrong but i bet they pick the teams with the QB's which is pretty obvious as favorites.

Link. (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/28/seahawks-sound-content-to-keep-matt-flynn-as-a-backup/)

Seems unlikely he'll be going anywhere unless a team gets desperate and makes a huge offer.

I think a 3rd or 4th would get it done but who knows i am ok with keeping Flynn if all we are going to get is a 6th or 7th round pick.

ztilzer31
03-01-2013, 02:53 PM
8-1 on next year's superbowl? All I'm seeing is 40-1. Pats are 6-1 and the Broncos and 49ers are 8-1.

And totally disagree on the Vegas is a bunch of crap part and them never being right. Those oddsmakers are smart mother****ers.

I was referring to last years odds after there bad season the year before.

I just think it's kind of ridiculous in the first place to try to prove that the Redskins had a better surrounding cast.

You all know we had the better team. Sure we had a ? at QB, but as far as personnel goes Seattle was way above Washington all year. Don't need an ESPN analysts to tell me that.

FWBrodie
03-01-2013, 04:25 PM
You're the one who said the Seahawks were expected to be very good. They weren't.

ztilzer31
03-01-2013, 11:29 PM
There were still people in the Seahawks boat. Not as much as by the end of the season, but people were starting to recognize the defense before the season even started, and the run game.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I just think there was a big gap in how important RG3 was to his team and the success of his team. Russell really was able to rely on that great defense early on to steal some wins. Plus I think Alfred Morris is overrated, and RG3's speed is what allows the holes for Morris. Not saying Morris isn't solid, but he's not the second best running back in the league like people make him out to be. Not even a top 5 IMO.

Seattle4Ever
03-07-2013, 09:13 PM
http://deadspin.com/5989287/im-better-at-life-than-you-richard-sherman-craps-all-over-skip-bayless-on-first-take

Sherman's tweets:

If you like me great! If I rub you the wrong way great! There is only one opinion that matters. Thank you God for the many Blessings.

If I cared about the opinions of others I would never have made it this far. Obviously the system works

NateyB24
03-07-2013, 10:09 PM
I don't mind Sherman bashing Skip he is a troll.

Seattle4Ever
03-08-2013, 12:37 AM
My thoughts exactly. He was trying to bait Sherman into talking trash about Revis but Sherman just went right at Bayless because of what Skip has said about him in the past. I'm 100% fine with it.

House
03-08-2013, 01:38 AM
Bayless is an idiot... Screw him

Santana4Prez'08
03-08-2013, 02:10 AM
new favorite seahawk lol. him just tearing skip apart puts him ahead of marshawn. i love it

Santana4Prez'08
03-08-2013, 02:11 AM
before it was marshawn lynch, but that just sets him apart. it was hysterical

Caribou Lou
03-08-2013, 02:57 AM
Completely disagree. I loved the "you mad bro?" on Brady, liked the optimus prime tweet, and was happy to see him take the shot to his jaw in stride. However, he completely lost his cool today. It wasn't "I'm having fun" Richard Sherman...it was "I have a vendetta against you" Richard Sherman. Didn't like it at all; it was uncomfortable at best. "I'm better at life than you are." Who the **** says that? Thought most of what he said was in poor taste and expected a little more from an "All-Pro Stanford graduate," even if he was directing it toward Skip Bayless.

Santana4Prez'08
03-08-2013, 11:03 AM
Completely disagree. I loved the "you mad bro?" on Brady, liked the optimus prime tweet, and was happy to see him take the shot to his jaw in stride. However, he completely lost his cool today. It wasn't "I'm having fun" Richard Sherman...it was "I have a vendetta against you" Richard Sherman. Didn't like it at all; it was uncomfortable at best. "I'm better at life than you are." Who the **** says that? Thought most of what he said was in poor taste and expected a little more from an "All-Pro Stanford graduate," even if he was directing it toward Skip Bayless.

bayless has been baiting sherm for a while now though. he got tired of having someone discredit his accomplishments and trying to tarnish his reputation. so he ripped him because with skip, its not all "love and games" the way it is with many players on the field. skip has disrespected him numerous times and sherm answered. while i do agree that he could have been the bigger man and just not said anything, i dont mind him lashing out

Seattle4Ever
03-08-2013, 01:25 PM

I support it. Sherman knows what he's doing. Stephen A. went after Skip once before this but I think someone had to check him again. The things he says are just ridiculous.

I will say he didn't seem like his normal joking self, but I think that just had to do with the presence of Bayless.

Jepetto1872
03-08-2013, 02:22 PM
I thought he had some valid points, but it seemed to get too personal. "I'm better at life than you" seemed to take it too far IMO :shrug:

NateyB24
03-08-2013, 02:29 PM

Do you watch First Take? Bayless bashes athletes then gets them on his show and then backs off of what he said when they get on his show and the athletes don't bring it up Sherman finally put him in his place.

Did Sherman go a little far saying that he is better at life then him? Sure but Skip really is a waste of time to watch on TV he is just good at drawing people in with his antics.

Vinny642
03-08-2013, 03:00 PM
I always hated Bayless

alexander_37
03-08-2013, 03:40 PM
Really? I always found him entertaining in a " please someone get this poor guy a helmet before he hurts himself" sort of way.

NateyB24
03-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Really? I always found him entertaining in a " please someone get this poor guy a helmet before he hurts himself" sort of way.

Skip just does this stuff to get attention he tried to compare Tebows College stats as to why he think he can throw the football as a QB in the NFL.

seahawks509
03-08-2013, 06:22 PM
I thought he had some valid points, but it seemed to get too personal. "I'm better at life than you" seemed to take it too far IMO :shrug:

yup

NateyB24
03-08-2013, 10:27 PM
Don't know if you guys have checked out the General but another Sherman thread 22 pages long and its all the same thing from the haters. :laugh2:

Caribou Lou
03-09-2013, 01:49 AM
Do you watch First Take? Bayless bashes athletes then gets them on his show and then backs off of what he said when they get on his show and the athletes don't bring it up Sherman finally put him in his place.

Did Sherman go a little far saying that he is better at life then him? Sure but Skip really is a waste of time to watch on TV he is just good at drawing people in with his antics.

Do you watch First Take? Because if Skip is a waste of time to watch on TV how do you know what he does on his show? They express their opinions (or manufacture them if they have to.) It's there job. Sherman let it get to him and got a little too aggressive IMO.

NateyB24
03-09-2013, 02:48 AM
Do you watch First Take? Because if Skip is a waste of time to watch on TV how do you know what he does on his show? They express their opinions (or manufacture them if they have to.) It's there job. Sherman let it get to him and got a little too aggressive IMO.

Yes obviously i have otherwise i wouldn't know he was a waste of time i don't watch it anymore.

Skip doesn't really express his opinion he just hates on the sports players that fans love and he loves the players that sports fan hate it isn't even a sports show imo.

GGGGG-Men
03-11-2013, 01:05 PM
Jay Glazer‏@JayGlazer

The Seahawks and Vikings have agreed to a trade that send Harvin to Seattle for draft picks, pending Harvin passing a physical

:clap: :clap:

Jtirado16
03-11-2013, 01:06 PM
That is such a great pick up for the Seahawks. That tean just got even better

Seattle4Ever
03-11-2013, 01:12 PM
**** yeah mother****er!

Wow I didn't think it'd really happen. I wonder what this means for Tate and Baldwin. I think this is worse for Doug than Tate. Tate can hold his own outside.

GGGGG-Men
03-11-2013, 01:13 PM
Was hoping they'd pick up another big receiver, never expected this. Rice and Tate on the outside with Harvin in the slot??? And Miller at TE. And now with Wilson having a full season and playoffs under his belt, the sky is the limit right now.

Some Dline additions in FA will round out this team perfectly.

Vinny642
03-11-2013, 01:13 PM
Tate is gonna be fine, Baldwin though, wont

Vinny642
03-11-2013, 01:14 PM
Was hoping they'd pick up another big receiver, never expected this. Rice and Tate on the outside with Harvin in the slot??? And Miller at TE. And now with Wilson having a full season and playoffs under his belt, the sky is the limit right now.

Some Dline additions in FA will round out this team perfectly.

Dont forget beast mode

Seattle4Ever
03-11-2013, 01:20 PM
Outside: Tate/Rice/Obo(?)
Slot: Harvin/Baldwin

I think we NEED to keep Baldwin. He's dirt cheap and he's great depth. Harvin has an injury history.

GGGGG-Men
03-11-2013, 01:20 PM
Dont forget beast mode

I'm always cautiously optimistic with him. I've loved him since the BUF days, but with the way he runs I'm just preparing for the day when it all catches up to him.

DBs have a bit of a matchup nightmare now. Tate is too fast to not leave a safety over the top, Rice will beat 1on1s and Harvin is gonna kill any nickel CB in the slot. Can't leave a LB on Miller. Oh yeah and the QB can pick up 10 yards in the blink of an eye with his feet.

Seattle4Ever
03-11-2013, 01:25 PM
I'm always cautiously optimistic with him. I've loved him since the BUF days, but with the way he runs I'm just preparing for the day when it all catches up to him.

DBs have a bit of a matchup nightmare now. Tate is too fast to not leave a safety over the top, Rice will beat 1on1s and Harvin is gonna kill any nickel CB in the slot. Can't leave a LB on Miller. Oh yeah and the QB can pick up 10 yards in the blink of an eye with his feet.

Seriously, how are you going to stop this offense? We're built around the god damn run. Russell Wilson must be stoked.

Giannis94
03-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Trade bw MINN and SEA for Percy Harvin contingent upon a new contract for Harvin; contract likely to be completed in next 48 hours

Any trade between MINN and SEA for Percy Harvin, which still is being finalized, is expected to include Seahawks' 2013 first-round pick.

Seattle4Ever
03-11-2013, 01:33 PM
Yeah I'm seeing those tweets too.

Think there's more than a first rounder? That's a lot to give up for any non-QB. The only team stupid enough to do it was....... us. For Deion Branch.

Vinny642
03-11-2013, 01:33 PM

The Seahawks always need that one receiver, and I love Rice and all but Harvin can be that guy

Vinny642
03-11-2013, 01:34 PM
A first and probably conditional pick in the future

GGGGG-Men
03-11-2013, 01:35 PM
Yeah, taking all the Vikes WRs haha.

Not crazy about giving up a 1st rounder.....but THIS year's draft is weak enough that it's probably worth it. I wonder if Harvin takes PR duties from Washington?

Seattle4Ever
03-11-2013, 01:36 PM
Yeah, taking all the Vikes WRs haha.

Not crazy about giving up a 1st rounder.....but THIS year's draft is weak enough that it's probably worth it. I wonder if Harvin takes PR duties from Washington?

There might not be as many stars, but the depth is still really good at most positions.

Seattle4Ever
03-11-2013, 01:36 PM
A first and probably conditional pick in the future

That's what Danny O'Neil said.

Seattle4Ever
03-11-2013, 01:38 PM
Name one player @ #25 that is better than Percy Harvin. That's what it comes down to.

Seattle4Ever
03-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Glazer said it's:

2013: 1st/7th.
2014: Mid-round pick.

Very solid.

iliketurtles24
03-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Glazer said it's:

2013: 1st/7th.
2014: Mid-round pick.

Very solid.

This is what the vikings forum has concluded as well...

I am very sad to see harvin leave, he can be a bit injury prone due to the way he plays, but he has elite playmaking ability. Seattle is going to be very good next year, and the vikings are very happy to take those pick of your hands.

Btw, yes harvin should take the return duties... at least for kick off, not so much punt.

kyuss275
03-11-2013, 01:57 PM
Huge trade!!! Hawks are going all in.

Harvin is only 5'11" have to think that Coach will want another big reciever in at #4. Baldwin is all but done.

Harvin is going to want big money, Flynn might have to go. Would have liked him as a backup but money is going to be needed for the d-line.

iliketurtles24
haha, just realized it, but you now have our two best (and only) good wide receivers since moss...

kyuss275
Huge trade!!! Hawks are going all in.

Harvin is only 5'11" have to think that Coach will want another big reciever in at #4. Baldwin is all but done.

Harvin is going to want big money, Flynn might have to go. Would have liked him as a backup but money is going to be needed for the d-line.

iliketurtles24
haha, just realized it, but you now have our two best (and only) good wide receivers since moss...

NateyB24
03-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Wilson to Percy Harvin :drool:

Lets just hope this doesn't go the way of Deion Branch though lol we traded for him and he blew out his knees lost his speed and was average after that because of his height.

NateyB24
03-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Name one player @ #25 that is better than Percy Harvin. That's what it comes down to.

They were probably looking at Tavon Austin but why pick a unknown when you can get a game changer like Harvin?

Its a good deal for the Vikings and Seahawks one of those rare trades where it should work out for both sides.

Ian.
03-11-2013, 02:13 PM
:dance:

You get the ball in the hands of four different players on this team and you could get a score.

Wilson, Lynch, Harvin and Tate make for a nasty set of offensive playmakers.

seasun62
03-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Rice?

NateyB24
03-11-2013, 02:20 PM
:dance:

You get the ball in the hands of four different players on this team and you could get a score.

Wilson, Lynch, Harvin and Rice make for a nasty set of offensive playmakers.

FIFY lol Tates good but Rice is better i can't wait to see Rice without the double teams.

fanofphilly
03-11-2013, 02:22 PM
great trade for you guys, congrats... turning out to be quite an interested little offense there!

exciting times to be a Seahawks fan! congrats again guys

Ian.
03-11-2013, 02:31 PM
Rice?

I don't think he's as big of a risk with his legs as Harvin is. I mainly meant guys who can destroy in space.

jej
03-11-2013, 02:37 PM
Baldwins probably gone tho. Probably want some size as others have said.

NateyB24
03-11-2013, 02:42 PM
Baldwins probably gone tho. Probably want some size as others have said.

It will be interesting Baldwin doesn't have Tates upside but Baldwin is better at running routes you are probably right though Baldwin is most likely the odd man out.

Doesn't hurt that Tate and Wilson are BFF's either.

Baller1
03-11-2013, 02:43 PM
:drool:

Un-****ing-believable. I'm ready for it to be September already.

NateyB24
03-11-2013, 02:46 PM
Vikings loved to run Harvin in motion on jet sweeps, getting him free & open in short spaces. Could be near-impossible to defend in SEA.

https://twitter.com/SC_DougFarrar/status/311178609681387520

Harvin can clear the top off a defense with deep posts and go routes, but wasn't often asked to. Wilson's arm could change that, but...

https://twitter.com/SC_DougFarrar/status/311178873452769280

...Golden Tate proved to be an estimable deep receiver in 2012. Seahawks will use Harvin a lot as a backfield guy to get Rice/Tate matchups

https://twitter.com/SC_DougFarrar/status/311179105833992193

The real challenge for enemy defenses is what Harvin will add to Seattle's zone option and Pistol packages. Killer for DEs looking to press.

https://twitter.com/SC_DougFarrar/status/311179376307875840

Oh those nine to ten snaps a game where Harvin goes into the backfield to work zone read out of the pistol with Russell Wilson AHAHAAHAA

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/311179590037041153

northsid3r
03-11-2013, 02:46 PM
Great pick up for you guys. I think the best thing about this trade is that it tells everyone that you guys are serious about winning it all next season, which could possibly attract more good free agents. You have an awesome weapon, I'm just glad that the vikings no longer have him. If only Megatron, AP and Rogers left our division we'd be set.

Baller1
03-11-2013, 02:48 PM
https://twitter.com/SC_DougFarrar/status/311178609681387520

https://twitter.com/SC_DougFarrar/status/311178873452769280

https://twitter.com/SC_DougFarrar/status/311179105833992193

https://twitter.com/SC_DougFarrar/status/311179376307875840

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/311179590037041153

The first thing I thought when I saw this news was "our read option is going to be soooooooooo ****ing filthy".

Baller1
03-11-2013, 02:54 PM
I actually agree with Caribou... He got way too personal, and I too hate Skip. But Sherman's gotta be better than that, he came off way too aggressive and personal.

NateyB24
03-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Seems like we end up with Viking receivers a lot recently :laugh2:

Burleson
Rice
Harvin

Seppuku
03-11-2013, 03:20 PM
I'm not keen on the 3 draft picks. This is not the way to do it when you are following a "how to build your team" path. I know the 7th rounder is generally considered a throw away, but our 1st and a 3rd or 4th next season is steep. Hope to heck this pays off.

seahawks509
03-11-2013, 03:23 PM
I'm not keen on the 3 draft picks. This is not the way to do it when you are following a "how to build your team" path. I know the 7th rounder is generally considered a throw away, but our 1st and a 3rd or 4th next season is steep. Hope to heck this pays off.

We are way past that. We can afford to give up those kind of picks now.

seahawks509
03-11-2013, 03:23 PM
I just wonder what kind contract Harvin is going to ask for

Rain City
03-11-2013, 03:24 PM
i am a huge fan of harvin's talent, one of the best if not the best HR threat in the NFL. over 7,100 yards in the NFL and hes not even 25! i wonder if any NFL player ever has accomplished that? but i also think hawks were doing fine and didnt need him, sure you can never have too much speed but this might put too much of an investment into WRs. im worried about who will be the roster casualty(s) and if it'll be worth it.

Rain City
03-11-2013, 03:26 PM
At Landstown High School in Virginia Beach, Harvin was noted for his speed (4.32 seconds in the 40-yard dash, as a freshman) and ability to make people miss in the open field. In 2003, during his sophomore year, the Landstown High School Eagles were the state Group AAA runner-up in football. A year later, Harvin led the Eagles' football team to a perfect 14-0 record and a Virginia Group AAA Division 6 state championship. In the title game against James Robinson High School, Harvin accounted for 476 all purpose yards in rushing, receiving, kick returns, and interception returns, as well as scoring 5 touchdowns in the 47-20 victory. In 2005 however, Landstown finished 13-1 after suffering a 28-7 state championship game upset loss to Oakton High School of Vienna, Virginia.[3] Following his stellar high school career, Harvin participated in the 2006 U.S. Army All-American Bowl. He also set four state track records during his junior year at Landstown High, winning five gold medals at the state finals in June 2005 including long jump, triple jump, 100-meters, 200-meters, and 400-meter relay. He also triumphed in basketball, where he helped the team to a 33-6 record and runner-up in the 2005 Virginia AAA state championship game. After receiving National Junior Player of the Year honors in 2005, Harvin became one of the most celebrated high school football players in the country. As one of the top recruits in the 2006 high school class, Harvin was ranked number one overall by Rivals.com[4] and the number two receiver by Scout.com.[5]

Despite his accomplishments, Harvin's high school athletic career was not without controversy. He served a one-game suspension early in his junior football season for unsportsmanlike conduct. As a senior, he was suspended for the final two regular-season games after making contact with an official and using inappropriate language during a game against First Colonial High School. In basketball, Harvin and a Green Run High School player were involved in a scuffle that prompted referees to stop the game with time remaining on the clock. As a result of this and prior incidents, Harvin was suspended from athletic competition by the Virginia High School League (VHSL). The suspension prevented Harvin from competing in the VHSL Group AAA State Indoor Track Meet at George Mason University that year. His loss, after becoming the first athlete to win five state track titles in the same meet during his junior year, was a huge blow to his high school track team.[6]

Despite these missteps, Harvin ranks as one of the greatest high school athletes to come out of the Hampton Roads area. He scored 77 career touchdowns, accounted for more points than any player in South Hampton Roads history, and led Landstown High School to three consecutive Group AAA Division 6 state football championship games. As a junior Harvin led the Landstown HS basketball team to the state final, and became the first athlete since 1936 to win five gold medals at the state track meet.[7] Despite several earlier statements that he would attend Florida State University, on December 19, 2005, Harvin committed to the University of Florida over Florida State, University of Miami (FL), University of Michigan, and University of Southern California.[8]

NateyB24
03-11-2013, 03:29 PM

We are stock piled with picks and since we went after Harvin you have to think that 25th pick was going to be used on a stretch the field receiver like Tavon Austin.

We got a boneafied play maker for a few draft picks instead of gambling on a guy.

FWBrodie
03-11-2013, 03:44 PM
This is incredible news, but a few points:

*Baldwin is out? HUH? Baldwin is still the cleanest underneath route runner on the roster, has the best feel for finding weak spots in a zone, has shown he can play anywhere, and has the speed, hands, hops, and mentality to attack the football to be a very effective deep threat, especially up the middle of the field. F that noise, Baldwin is still a key player on the roster. Obomanu on the other hand, see ya.

*Leon, the writing is on the wall. He's all but completely been phased out of the offense and now he's the second best returner on the roster. Guys his age and price get cut by this front office. Surprised he lasted this long to be honest. I'm guessing they deal him between now and the draft for a pick. In related news, the Hawks need a third back.

*Percy, Tate, and Rice might be the most electric set of outside weapons in the league. The fact that two of the three of those guys will now be matched up against someone's 2nd, 3rd, or 4th corners most of the time is a matchup nightmare. All three can a exploit a slower matchup, Tate and Harvin are nearly untacklable one on one, Rice can **** on a shorter corner all day. Darrell Bevell, you just earned a 2014 head coaching gig.

*Cannot wait to see Harvin in motion, in the backfield, the WR pass plays, read option, etc. Good luck defending that while having to still fear getting trampled by Marshawn at any moment. Defenses were already on their heels, this is just unfair.

*This roster has so much f-ing talent. Wow. It's at every single position. John Schneider is the best executive in the NFL, period, end of story, no contest.

ccg34
03-11-2013, 03:48 PM
This is incredible news, but a few points:

*Baldwin is out? HUH? Baldwin is still the cleanest underneath route runner on the roster, has the best feel for finding weak spots in a zone, has shown he can play anywhere, and has the speed, hands, hops, and mentality to attack the football to be a very effective deep threat, especially up the middle of the field. F that noise, Baldwin is still a key player on the roster. Obomanu on the other hand, see ya.

*Leon, the writing is on the wall. He's all but completely been phased out of the offense and now he's the second best returner on the roster. Guys his age and price get cut by this front office. Surprised he lasted this long to be honest. I'm guessing they deal him between now and the draft for a pick. In related news, the Hawks need a third back.

*Percy, Tate, and Rice might be the most electric set of outside weapons in the league. The fact that two of the three of those guys will now be matched up against someone's 2nd, 3rd, or 4th corners most of the time is a matchup nightmare. All three can a exploit a slower matchup, Tate and Harvin are nearly untacklable one on one, Rice can **** on a shorter corner all day. Darrell Bevell, you just earned a 2014 head coaching gig.

*Cannot wait to see Harvin in motion, in the backfield, the WR pass plays, read option, etc. Good luck defending that while having to still fear getting trampled by Marshawn at any moment. Defenses were already on their heels, this is just unfair.

*This roster has so much f-ing talent. Wow. It's at every single position. John Schneider is the best executive in the NFL, period, end of story, no contest.

I agree with everything in this post. Why would we let go Baldwin when he is dirt cheap? He makes us a deeper team.