PDA

View Full Version : Jr Smith Officially Declines To Pick Up Player Option. Unrestricted Free Agent

Clippersfan86
06-25-2013, 12:55 PM
I think he's going for a much bigger payday than what NY can afford. Midnight was deadline and he declined his option. Many Knicks fans were sure he was staying but seems like he's gone. Also seems like Chris Copeland is gone. Where do you guys see JR signing?

Htownballa1622
06-25-2013, 12:59 PM
Ruh-oh.

Lot of angry fans coming in soon. :hide:

Clippersfan86
06-25-2013, 01:02 PM
Ruh-oh.

Lot of angry fans coming in soon. :hide:

Yea for sure. I mentioned him leaving other day and a couple Knicks fans swore he was staying. Now they have Melo+Felton+Chandler and not much else if he does leave. They need to be aggressive in trades/free agency.

SteBO
06-25-2013, 01:02 PM
^Not really. I think a lot of Knick fans expected this after the season he just had overall winning 6MOY. I think he re-signs for slightly more $$, but I could be wrong though.

blastmasta26
06-25-2013, 01:05 PM
He already decided on this a while ago, it's not a surprise. He'll likely get a new contract as a Knick, and as much as he sucked in the playoffs it's still imperative they retain him.

RipCity32
06-25-2013, 01:05 PM
Ugh I don't know if I would want the Pistons to try and sign him or not.

Clippersfan86
06-25-2013, 01:06 PM
^Not really. I think a lot of Knick fans expected this after the season he just had overall winning 6MOY. I think he re-signs for slightly more $$, but I could be wrong though.

"With Early Bird Rights, New York can only offer JR a 175% pay increase, which would mean a contract starting at around $5m with 4.5% annual raises and a maximum of four years. If all this sounds confusing, just know that New York can basically offer somewhere around 4 years $21m."

I think a couple teams may offer him 6-8 million a year for just 2 years or something like that. Should be interesting.

GiantsSwaGG
06-25-2013, 01:06 PM
I hope he doesn't come back to NY

king4day
06-25-2013, 01:08 PM
Why would he not decline? This doesn't mean he won't stay. I think he can resign for, at most, like 6 mil with NY.
Unless a team like Charlotte or the Bucks throw 10-12 at him, I doubt he doesn't resign.

SteBO
06-25-2013, 01:08 PM
I hope he doesn't come back to NY
What options would you have if he does indeed bolt elsewhere?

Htownballa1622
06-25-2013, 01:09 PM
Yea for sure. I mentioned him leaving other day and Knicks fans swore he was staying. Now they have Melo+Felton+Chandler and not much else. They need to be aggressive in trades/free agency.

Yeah the NYK are in a bad spot financially right now.

Whether he stays, or goes, they still have to make some moves to hope they get better because they may have peaked.

KnickaBocka.44
06-25-2013, 01:20 PM
This is old news. He said he wasn't opting in weeks ago. His playoff blunder(s) brought his next contract down by quite a bit.

Knick_Fever
06-25-2013, 01:21 PM
Yea for sure. I mentioned him leaving other day and a couple Knicks fans swore he was staying. Now they have Melo+Felton+Chandler and not much else if he does leave. They need to be aggressive in trades/free agency.

Could care less if he stays/leaves. As for Cope, see ya!

nycericanguy
06-25-2013, 01:25 PM
I love when people post things that they have absolutely no idea about...

OBVIOUSLY JR was going to opt out, that's been a foregone conclusion for months now.

Doesn't mean he's leaving, but why would he take 1 year $2.8m when he can opt out and get 4 years $21m+ from NY?

Clippersfan86
06-25-2013, 01:27 PM
Yeah the NYK are in a bad spot financially right now.

Whether he stays, or goes, they still have to make some moves to hope they get better because they may have peaked.

Agree the upside isn't much. Mainly because their core is an average of 29 years old without JR and they were the oldest team in the NBA last year.

akesh99
06-25-2013, 01:46 PM
I think he goes to Detroit for something like 4yrs 30 mil

GiantsSwaGG
06-25-2013, 02:03 PM

Cope proved he can scored just much if not more, JR just doesn't get it, disappears when needed and quite frankly I doubt he'll have the same season he had. I expect him to come back because a team would be dumb enough to give him 6+ after his disappearing act he displayed this postseason but I hope he doesn't. I really like Copeland!

jimm120
06-25-2013, 02:05 PM
Wow...fans from other teams are really out of it when talking about this news.

JR was opting out no matter what happened this year (only if he was nursed would he have picked it up).

It's the preference, though, for Smith to re-sign in ny for 4 years and $25 million.

But there is a chance that he'll get an even bigger offer. But it depends how big. JR SMITH ALREADY TOOK LESS THIS SEASON TO STAY IN NY (he was offered contracts at above what the Knicks payed) this season. The whole point was this coming season.

If its just a few million more, he'll stay with the ny offer of 4/25. If its something that's 4/30+, I feel he'll HAVE to take it. But if it's only a few million more, he'll stay in ny.

THAT is what's going on with the smith situation. This thing about him opting out is dumb. We've all known he wasn't going to pick it up.

koreancabbage
06-25-2013, 02:09 PM
This is old news. He said he wasn't opting in weeks ago. His playoff blunder(s) brought his next contract down by quite a bit.

and yet Harden basically got a max contract lol

j/k JR is no where close to Harden.

bleedprple&gold
06-25-2013, 02:11 PM
Teams would be dumb to offer him more than the 4yr/20-25 mil NY can offer. If NY offers is willing to offer that then I think he stays.

GrumpyOldMan
06-25-2013, 02:26 PM
I'm an outsider looking in, but Smith seemed to fit in well with the Knicks and NewYork as a city. Knick fans seem to have taken to him and it seems like a good situation for him. I think he will stay there unless another team offers him silly money.

NYKnickFanatic
06-25-2013, 02:41 PM
I think he's going for a much bigger payday than what NY can afford. Midnight was deadline and he declined his option. Many Knicks fans were sure he was staying but seems like he's gone. Also seems like Chris Copeland is gone. Where do you guys see JR signing?

Dude really? Everyone knew he was going to opt out of his contract. Why would he opt in for less than three mil for one year, when he could get multiple years with more money? He said he wants to retire a Knick, so it's possible he will be back. We have his bird rights.

If he comes back, great. If he doesn't, I'll miss him and appreciate what he has done for us.

But like I said in the Knicks forums, I don't expect him back, but I want him back.

SteBO
06-25-2013, 02:49 PM
Cope proved he can scored just much if not more, JR just doesn't get it, disappears when needed and quite frankly I doubt he'll have the same season he had. I expect him to come back because a team would be dumb enough to give him 6+ after his disappearing act he displayed this postseason but I hope he doesn't. I really like Copeland!
I like Copeland too....he proved to be a deadly shooter from 3. It's like the kid couldn't miss in that Indiana series when he got the chance, but I guess Woodson didn't trust his defensive instincts or something since he couldn't get consistent playing time. That said, he is what he is right now. I feel like the Knicks need JR more than you're trying to let on....Melo is the only other true scoring threat you guys have.

Tony_Starks
06-25-2013, 02:57 PM
The Knicks can forget about JR, he's about to get his biggest payday. Deservedly so.

KnickaBocka.44
06-25-2013, 03:11 PM
The Knicks can forget about JR, he's about to get his biggest payday. Deservedly so.

How much do you think he is going to get?

nycericanguy
06-25-2013, 03:14 PM

Just about every contender is over the cap so they can't offer him more than NY.

He'd have to go to a rebuilding team, and I don't see a young, rebuilding team throwing big money at JR... he's not the kind of guy you want influencing younger players, sad to say but true

Tony_Starks
06-25-2013, 03:19 PM
How much do you think he is going to get?

Something like 3 years $21 milli from a horrible team. Maybe a Wizards, Cavs, TWolves type team....

Or maybe the Raptors to give Rudy a lil help.

KnickaBocka.44
06-25-2013, 03:28 PM
Something like 3 years $21 milli from a horrible team. Maybe a Wizards, Cavs, TWolves type team....

I highly doubt he leaves NY for a garbage team for 1.5 more per year when his bro is on the summer league team and his family is from the area.

colinskik
06-25-2013, 03:29 PM

I don't see why any of those teams would throw that kind of money at him. Raptors do have a tendency to give more money to they should at players, but even so how would he fit in with that team?

I could care less either way where JR ends up, but if you've been monitoring this situation from the start it seems like he's staying. For some reason he has a loyal bone in his body ... just another example of his stupidity.

colinskik
06-25-2013, 03:31 PM

I don't see why any of those teams would throw that kind of money at him. Raptors do have a tendency to give more money to they should at players, but even so how would he fit in with that team?

I could care less either way where JR ends up, but if you've been monitoring this situation from the start it seems like he's staying. For some reason he has a loyal bone in his body ... just another example of his stupidity.

KnicksorBust
06-25-2013, 03:32 PM
If the Knicks re-sign him then fans will say he was a great #2 option during the regular season and we needed to bring him back and if he signs somewhere else than he was a chucker with off the court problems who played like a bum in the playoffs. :)

Tony_Starks
06-25-2013, 03:40 PM
I highly doubt he leaves NY for a garbage team for 1.5 more per year when his bro is on the summer league team and his family is from the area.

Cash rules man. These guys have agents in their ear. You really think he would turn down the biggest contract he'll probably ever get just to stay in NY?

It's possible but I highly doubt it. They're not contenders so my bet is if someone offers him a outlandish deal he takes the money and runs...

Clippersfan86
06-25-2013, 03:42 PM
Cash rules man. These guys have agents in their ear. You really think he would turn down the biggest contract he'll probably ever get just to stay in NY?

It's possible but I highly doubt it. They're not contenders so my bet is if someone offers him a outlandish deal he takes the money and runs...

This is a guy that hollers at 16 year olds about wanting pipe on Twitter, does drugs in public, cusses out celebs in media and has the basketball IQ of Javale McGee. You're 100 percent right he's going to chase the money when his value is highest. He DOES love NY but would it be so bad for you guys to lose him anyways? I honestly would WANT this clown to walk, even if he is talented as hell. The offensive game plan of Melo+Smith iso's isn't going to get it done long term.

xxplayerxx23
06-25-2013, 03:43 PM
Can't spend his money elsewhere so might as well sign him back.

FYL_McVeezy
06-25-2013, 03:44 PM
Us Knick fans knew that JR was opting out of his contract.....this is just a formality

He will re-sign for the 4yr/28mil NY can offer him....

he blew his bigpay this playoffs with his atrocious play/off the court drama....

xxplayerxx23
06-25-2013, 03:45 PM
If the Knicks re-sign him then fans will say he was a great #2 option during the regular season and we needed to bring him back and if he signs somewhere else than he was a chucker with off the court problems who played like a bum in the playoffs. :)

Ill go on record now, him as a 3rd scoring option is very good. As a number2 option it's terrible.. I'd want him back because we can't spend his bird rights money elsewhere

Kashmir13579
06-25-2013, 03:46 PM
I expect him back with the Knicks.

xxplayerxx23
06-25-2013, 03:47 PM
Only way he leaves is if some team offers 10+ mill. He won't leave if we offer 7 and others offer like 8 8.5 guaranteed. It would have to be a couple mill to get him to leave. I don't like jr personally but I'd take him back. We still need a 2nd option regardless

Clippersfan86
06-25-2013, 03:50 PM
Ill go on record now, him as a 3rd scoring option is very good. As a number2 option it's terrible.. I'd want him back because we can't spend his bird rights money elsewhere

That's the issue though. With your cap situation WHO can fill in as a 2nd option?

Riodagoat
06-25-2013, 03:55 PM
I hope the Knicks overpay yet another overrated player so they can stay as what they are right now for the next 3 years or so: a first/second round exit team.

Kashmir13579
06-25-2013, 03:56 PM

If the difference is only a few mil he would tell his agent to get the pipe. Outside fans don't fully understand, but JR Smith is more comfortable with NYC and his coaching staff than he ever should rightfully be. The dude gets a free pass in all regards here, despite any of his on or off the court antics. As others have mentioned he is from the area and the franchise takes care of his younger brother so-to-speak.

I'm not exactly happy about any of this btw, but its going to take a lot more than outside fans believe for JR to sign elsewhere. He will leave money on the table because thats the oddball he is, and for whatever reason we take care of him.

xxplayerxx23
06-25-2013, 03:56 PM
That's the issue though. With your cap situation WHO can fill in as a 2nd option?

That's why they are looking all over for sign and trade options. I doubt we get one I believe shump will be that guy unfortunately I don't think he will be ready to take that step until the following year

Kashmir13579
06-25-2013, 03:57 PM
I hope the Knicks overpay yet another overrated player so they can stay as what they are right now for the next 3 years or so: a first/second round exit team.

You got your wish when we traded for Carmelo. JR won't make or break it.

Clippersfan86
06-25-2013, 03:58 PM
That's why they are looking all over for sign and trade options. I doubt we get one I believe shump will be that guy unfortunately I don't think he will be ready to take that step until the following year

Can't believe I forgot about Shump when I'm a big fan of his lolz. He definitely seemed to get more aggressive offensively as his knee got healthy late in the season so I can see that. Do you feel Jr is taking away from Shump offensively?

xxplayerxx23
06-25-2013, 04:00 PM
Can't believe I forgot about Shump when I'm a big fan of his lolz. He definitely seemed to get more aggressive offensively as his knee got healthy late in the season so I can see that. Do you feel Jr is taking away from Shump offensively?

I believe shump needs more mins. Anyway he can get them. I don't really think jr when there on the court together hurts him but jr playing instead of shump is what hurts him. Shump needs 34+ mins each might Imo. I expect shump to put up 16-6-3 type numbers next year

Kashmir13579
06-25-2013, 04:01 PM

Not particularly on offense, but there were numerous times this season i felt JR was detrimentally eating up Iman's minutes.

xxplayerxx23
06-25-2013, 04:01 PM

Oh please. Not ever thing is Melos fault

Clippersfan86
06-25-2013, 04:03 PM
Not particularly on offense, but there were numerous times this season i felt JR was detrimentally eating up Iman's minutes.

I thought you guys eventually moved Shump to SF which he didn't like? Minutes or shots... I think Jr may not be good for Shump going forward.

Kashmir13579
06-25-2013, 04:04 PM
Oh please. Not ever thing is Melos fault

Its not a secret or anything? 'Melo gutted the team to come here and now he wants more scoring options. Oh the irony.

Kashmir13579
06-25-2013, 04:04 PM
I thought you guys eventually moved Shump to SF which he didn't like? Minutes or shots... I think Jr may not be good for Shump going forward.

Shump isn't as effective defensively when he has to guard the bigger SFs. Thats why he didn't like it.

I agree with you.

SteBO
06-25-2013, 04:05 PM
:ouch:

xxplayerxx23
06-25-2013, 04:06 PM
Its not a secret or anything? 'Melo gutted the team to come here and now he wants more scoring options. Oh the irony.

Wait he gutted the team? He did oh I didn't realize he was gm. If I remember correct ( might be a mistake on my part not 100% sure) we needed to give up either fields, gallo , chandler we had the choice to keep one over fields but we didn't. He wants more scoring options because he knows that's what they need to be successful. Without melo we probably are in a worse situation

SteBO
06-25-2013, 04:07 PM
Well then I must've missed something amongst the 'Melo dog and pony show, because last I checked the FO is one that made the move to desperately get another star in there.

Kashmir13579
06-25-2013, 04:07 PM
:ouch:

sad but true

Kashmir13579
06-25-2013, 04:12 PM
Wait he gutted the team? He did oh I didn't realize he was gm. If I remember correct ( might be a mistake on my part not 100% sure) we needed to give up either fields, gallo , chandler we had the choice to keep one over fields but we didn't. He wants more scoring options because he knows that's what they need to be successful. Without melo we probably are in a worse situation
Two words: James Dolan

Well then I must've missed something amongst the 'Melo dog and pony show, because last I checked the FO is one that made the move to desperately get another star in there.
'Melo's personal situation during all that 'Melodrama seemed desperate as well. Having to get out of Denver and to his destination in time to secure his finances, with the lockout looming and all. I doubt you missed all that.

Tony_Starks
06-25-2013, 04:13 PM
Us Knick fans knew that JR was opting out of his contract.....this is just a formality

He will re-sign for the 4yr/28mil NY can offer him....

he blew his bigpay this playoffs with his atrocious play/off the court drama....

They can't afford to pay him that, they're capped out. Even with his Bird rights the most they can give is like 4 years and a little over $20 mil.

Clippersfan86
06-25-2013, 04:14 PM
They can't afford to pay him that, they're capped out. Even with his Bird rights the most they can give is like 4 years and a little over $20 mil.

4/21 I think I saw.

xxplayerxx23
06-25-2013, 04:15 PM
Two words: James Dolan

'Melo's personal situation during all that 'Melodrama seemed desperate as well. Having to get out of Denver and to his destination in time to secure his finances, with the lockout looming and all. I doubt you missed all that.

Yea blame the Knicks owner but why does melo get the blame? They need another scorer to do any damage.

xxplayerxx23
06-25-2013, 04:16 PM

It's either 6 or 7 mill a year they can match on

Blitzace137
06-25-2013, 04:25 PM

lol that is true. Melo was thinking about that money first than he realized all the other scoring options were traded for him.

GiantsSwaGG
06-25-2013, 04:27 PM
Yea blame the Knicks owner but why does melo get the blame? They need another scorer to do any damage.

I'm sorry Melo is to blame here, if he wanted to be Knick, he could of easily waited til the offseason but he didn't want to wait. He force the trade when he threaded to sign with the Nets. Melo gutted the team as well as Dolan. He was greasy and wanted the max. LeBron and Bosh waited til free agency and took less and what happen? 2 rings.

GiantsSwaGG
06-25-2013, 04:29 PM

Melo forced their hand. He threaded to sign with the Nets

xxplayerxx23
06-25-2013, 04:30 PM
I'm sorry Melo is to blame here, if he wanted to be Knick, he could of easily waited til the offseason but he didn't want to wait. He force the trade when he threaded to sign with the Nets. Melo gutted the team as well as Dolan. He was greasy and wanted the max. LeBron and Bosh waited til free agency and took less and what happen? 2 rings.

Wait so let me get this straight? He is supposed to wait until fa in a lockout threatend season? Please when you hate a player the blame goes to him. Dolan should of kept gallo or chandler over fields which was an option At the time. Oh yeah sure if melo waited he would of had another two stars to go play with in NY?

GiantsSwaGG
06-25-2013, 04:33 PM
Wait so let me get this straight? He is supposed to wait until fa in a lockout threatend season? Please when you hate a player the blame goes to him. Dolan should of kept gallo or chandler over fields which was an option At the time. Oh yeah sure if melo waited he would of had another two stars to go play with in NY?

Yes wait, what's the problem with that?

James
Bosh
Wade

They all waited an guess what they have 2 rings

Don't complain about the lack of a second scorer when your one of the main reason we can't get one.

GiantsSwaGG
06-25-2013, 04:34 PM
And for the record Melo could of had Gallo, JR as his 2nd and 3rd option. Not bad if you ask me but get it doesn't matter right!

xxplayerxx23
06-25-2013, 04:37 PM
Wait so let's assume melo waits till fa right? Who is to say we have any room with gallo and chandler there o sign jr? You are wrong. We could of kept galo Dolan wanted to keep fields that isn't Melos fault. But I can't ***** about it because I'm used to everything being Melos fault in the eyes of the site. Melo isn't perfect he is a flawed star but blame him for everything? Yeah that's not right

Jarvo
06-25-2013, 04:39 PM
He's gonna be a Knick he loves Woodson.

nycericanguy
06-25-2013, 04:41 PM
Melo was selfish, he could have had Gallo alongside with him... and NY could have kept other pieces too.

then he was selfish for demanding a FULL $22m per max when he did get traded, instead of taking $18m or so and leaving NY some money for a FA.

xxplayerxx23
06-25-2013, 04:45 PM
Oh yeah taking the full max contract that he could of gotten easily elsewhere the balls!!!! Come to the Knicks but take less money that you can get with another team. No that's not how it works. Melo was partly in the wrong but again the Knicks could of kept Wilson or even galo but chose fields.

KnickaBocka.44
06-25-2013, 04:47 PM
This is a guy that hollers at 16 year olds about wanting pipe on Twitter, does drugs in public, cusses out celebs in media and has the basketball IQ of Javale McGee. You're 100 percent right he's going to chase the money when his value is highest. He DOES love NY but would it be so bad for you guys to lose him anyways? I honestly would WANT this clown to walk, even if he is talented as hell. The offensive game plan of Melo+Smith iso's isn't going to get it done long term.

She wasn't 16, she was 18.

Does drugs in public? Really? Show me proof.

Yes, it would be that bad if we lost him because we cant spend the money elsewhere.

Your post couldn't be more wrong.

NewjackNY
06-25-2013, 04:48 PM
Melo was selfish, he could have had Gallo alongside with him... and NY could have kept other pieces too.

then he was selfish for demanding a FULL $22m per max when he did get traded, instead of taking $18m or so and leaving NY some money for a FA.

You can't be serious! Knicks messed up when they gave STAT that 100 mil knowing his knees were jello.

KnickaBocka.44
06-25-2013, 04:52 PM
It's either 6 or 7 mill a year they can match on

the most they can match is 5.5 per year. 5.5 x 4= 22 million

The math part wasn't for you, just saw another figure above that was incorrect.

KnickaBocka.44
06-25-2013, 04:53 PM
Yes wait, what's the problem with that?

James
Bosh
Wade

They all waited an guess what they have 2 rings

Don't complain about the lack of a second scorer when your one of the main reason we can't get one.

Let's be honest, he came here under the impression that guy was already on our roster. It is not Melo's fault that Amare can't stay healthy.

xxplayerxx23
06-25-2013, 04:55 PM
the most they can match is 5.5 per year. 5.5 x 4= 22 million

The math part wasn't for you, just saw another figure above that was incorrect.

Oh really I thought we can offer 6-7 mill. I still think we keep him unless somebody offers him like 10. Mill a year lol

FYL_McVeezy
06-25-2013, 05:00 PM

well whatever the figures are....that's what he will sign for...

he choked away his pay day....no team is gonna offer him more than that

He115ing
06-25-2013, 05:00 PM
I think pretty much everyone knew that JR was out. I would be sad to see Copeland go though.

GiantsSwaGG
06-25-2013, 05:09 PM
Let's be honest, he came here under the impression that guy was already on our roster. It is not Melo's fault that Amare can't stay healthy.

Everyone knew Amare knees were going to give out.

KnickaBocka.44
06-25-2013, 05:12 PM
Everyone knew Amare knees were going to give out.

Its easy to say that now.

GiantsSwaGG
06-25-2013, 06:39 PM
Its easy to say that now.

Bro there's a reason PHX didn't even want to give him the max. Suns have the best medical staff in the world and they even said Amare's knees won't hold up for much long!

Clippersfan86
06-25-2013, 06:59 PM
She wasn't 16, she was 18.

Does drugs in public? Really? Show me proof.

Yes, it would be that bad if we lost him because we cant spend the money elsewhere.

Your post couldn't be more wrong.

I've seen MULTIPLE pics of Jr smoking weed in public, including a blunt and bowl from his hotel balcony that he stupidly put on Twitter. Let me guess weed isn't a drug or doesn't count..

MrfadeawayJB
06-25-2013, 09:02 PM
If its money he wants I could see the bucks going after him as a monta replacement.

4milesperday
06-25-2013, 09:13 PM
This is why the Knicks couldn't make it past 2nd round...everyone was looking to make a name for themselves and outside of Melo, no one really cared about winning. They all wanted to prove how good they were individually, and not the team.

redsoxknicks
06-25-2013, 09:33 PM
This is why the Knicks couldn't make it past 2nd round...everyone was looking to make a name for themselves and outside of Melo, no one really cared about winning. They all wanted to prove how good they were individually, and not the team.

I don't trust JR, but Cope, Shump and Prigioni proved (to me) they cared about the team and about winning.

beasted86
06-25-2013, 10:28 PM

As far as I know the Knicks don't have his Bird rights. All they have is Early Bird since he played 2 seasons with them. Its been a while since I brushed up on my salary cap knowledge, but I think the max offer is somewhere around $3.0M. If that's even close to accurate he's gone. He will get full non-tax payer MLE offers.... and maybe a stupid GM might even throw a cap space contract offer his way.

xxplayerxx23
06-25-2013, 10:31 PM
Wrong. They can offer at the very least 5.5 a year I thought it was 6-7 but someone said 5.5. Also Tyson, amare, shump, melo all care about winning. Amare just can't get on the court to show it lol

jam
06-26-2013, 01:53 AM
He needs more money for his coke habit.

KnickaBocka.44
06-26-2013, 02:21 AM
I've seen MULTIPLE pics of Jr smoking weed in public, including a blunt and bowl from his hotel balcony that he stupidly put on Twitter. Let me guess weed isn't a drug or doesn't count..

Pretty much.

RiceOnTheRun
06-26-2013, 02:49 AM
I love when people post things that they have absolutely no idea about...

OBVIOUSLY JR was going to opt out, that's been a foregone conclusion for months now.

Doesn't mean he's leaving, but why would he take 1 year $2.8m when he can opt out and get 4 years $21m+ from NY?

Hell no. If the Knicks sign him to anything longer than 2 years that's a terrible idea. All our money comes off the books in two years and we don't need a 2 year 10m contract for no reason there. I give 3 years max for our "championship window" and then it's time to rebuild or retool if there's nothing else there. We'll have Melo at 30 by then and Chandler at 32. I say we get him at 2 years 10-12m and that's worth it.

He has really tight relations with Melo and Woodson. It's more than the money factor, he loves it in NY (where else can he go clubbing during the playoffs?)

jam
06-26-2013, 03:34 AM
It makes no difference how much you pay this POS.

I guarantee you he's completely broke within 3 years once he leaves the league. Dude is so dumb, he might even go bankrupt even before he retires.

Knicks21
06-26-2013, 04:20 AM

Nate Robinson maybe.. Some people are still sour on him after the playoffs, If we can get him for 5mil I'd pull the trigger.

Knicks21
06-26-2013, 04:21 AM
Woodson is like his second father, I highly doubt he leaves. I dont think it was ever in his mind to pick up the 3 million dollar option.

Knicks21
06-26-2013, 04:25 AM
Almost everybody in the NBA does it so no.. it doesnt count.

Clippersfan86
06-28-2013, 05:26 PM
JR Smith @TheRealJRSmith
It was fun while it lasted...

After Tim Hardaway was drafted last night.

Losoway
06-28-2013, 08:19 PM
JR Smith @TheRealJRSmith

he should have not declined option . he played TERRIBLE in the playoffs.

ewmania
06-28-2013, 10:05 PM
obviously you don't read much of the knicks forum... we really don't care lol

if he leaves, cool... if he stays, cool

I Rock Shaqs
06-28-2013, 10:29 PM
obviously you don't read much of the knicks forum... we really don't care lol

if he leaves, cool... if he stays, cool

As you have a Jr Smith sig lol.

NYKNYGNYY
06-28-2013, 11:28 PM
JR Smith @TheRealJRSmith

Yea but after he wrote "what talk think I was talkin bout? I was talkim abiut the cab ride driver was mad funny ".
He wants to stay I believe he will

NBA-GMaster
06-29-2013, 08:20 AM
I was hoping for OKC but Ellis would be the best 6th man choice for OKC..

NYKNYGNYY
06-30-2013, 08:12 PM
U think Ellis couldn't start the 2 for u guys ^ n doubt he'd want to be a 6th man

Clippersfan86
07-01-2013, 01:28 PM
Most immature player in the entire league? Did this guy graduate HS?

JR Smith ‏@TheRealJRSmith 55s
The same reason ya mom had u.. it wasnt our choice!! RT @kliktoris: @TheRealJRSmith man why you so ugly?

ManningToTyree
07-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Jr declining his option has literally zero affect on if the Knicks will keep him or not. We knew he was going to opt out he stands to make more money from NY this way