PDA

View Full Version : Kobe looking to play 3-4 more years thoughts?

LoveMeOrHateMe
06-24-2013, 02:23 PM
This can be moved to the lakers forum if mods feel like it should
The Brazilian fans should not count on the presence of Kobe Bryant in the Rio-2016 games. On a visit to Brazil for the first time, the wingman of the Los Angeles Lakers dropped the idea of playing in one more Olympics Squad of the United States.

"Don't think me summer here in 2016, the retirement is much closer now," said Kobe, during the event in Sao Paulo. "But I'm looking forward to play. This injury has given me new energy and hope to act for another three or four years ".

Vampirate
06-24-2013, 02:40 PM
He simply wants a chance to tie or surpass Jordan in rings, even if he does it won't change most peple's opinion of him vs Jordan . After 3 years he probably won't be at the level where people are saying he was the man out of any of the championships the Lakers won. Kobe will probably be All Star good next year or 2 but by the third year be a very good starter. He could prove me wrong though.

Achilles24
06-24-2013, 02:42 PM
This can be moved to the lakers forum if mods feel like it should
The Brazilian fans should not count on the presence of Kobe Bryant in the Rio-2016 games. On a visit to Brazil for the first time, the wingman of the Los Angeles Lakers dropped the idea of playing in one more Olympics Squad of the United States.

"Don't think me summer here in 2016, the retirement is much closer now," said Kobe, during the event in Sao Paulo. "But I'm looking forward to play. This injury has given me new energy and hope to act for another three or four years ".

I don't believe it. I think he's retiring next summer. He said in an interview that he won't tell anyone when his last yr is because then everyone will get all nostalgic and he doesn't want any farewell season tour. He still wants that competition.

He's saying 3 or 4 more yrs, but reality is he's going to retire next summer, he won't mess with the Lakers cap space or future. He will retire humbly and still retire an active Top 10 player in the league (despite the Achilles injury).

I am confident 2013-2014 will be Kobe Bryant's last yr in the NBA.

Kashmir13579
06-24-2013, 02:45 PM
He can do it. His gradual decline will continue, but Kobe's a hard worker. I can't count him out.

LoveMeOrHateMe
06-24-2013, 02:56 PM
He simply wants a chance to tie or surpass Jordan in rings, even if he does it won't change most peple's opinion of him vs Jordan . After 3 years he probably won't be at the level where people are saying he was the man out of any of the championships the Lakers won. Kobe will probably be All Star good next year or 2 but by the third year be a very good starter. He could prove me wrong though.

Like he has everyone in the past

LoveMeOrHateMe
06-24-2013, 02:56 PM
He can do it. His gradual decline will continue, but Kobe's a hard worker. I can't count him out.
Gradule lol the man arguably had one of his better seasons last year

SteBO
06-24-2013, 03:00 PM
That's off of hard work and guts man....but athletically isn't what he used to be. That's called a gradual decline. Things is, it's a pretty slow one. You can attribute this to Duncan as well.

bluefire7002
06-24-2013, 03:05 PM
I definitely see him doing it, and at a high level still. However D'Antoni is going to have to rest him throughout the season... 36-39 minutes/ per game sound about right, NOT 42+.

LongIslandIcedZ
06-24-2013, 03:05 PM
If he still wants to play and feels he still can, who am I to judge him?

He is one of the few people on earth who enjoy what they do for a living. Not gonna try and push him out ever.

raiderposting
06-24-2013, 03:07 PM
I need to make a baby so he can see Kobe play before he retires.

jerellh528
06-24-2013, 03:12 PM
He can still be a top 5 player for 3-4 more years if his minutes are around 30-33 per game. For a man who is almost 35 and in his 17th season to be second in mpg behind luol deng is ridiculous. His minutes need to come down big time to still be a top player at this age, especially with the injury.

ManRam
06-24-2013, 03:14 PM
i don't see how he wouldn't play as long as he can. i never bought into the "kobe might only play one more year" talk because kobe's too competitive to leave the game earlier than he could. i think he's got a good amount of productive years left in him...assuming he can stay healthy.

Tony_Starks
06-24-2013, 03:16 PM
I believe he wants to and could do it but when he gets ring 6 it's a wrap. Why not go out on top?

Becks2307
06-24-2013, 03:20 PM
Man wouldn't it be kinda awesome to see Kobe win one more as the man. Him beating Lebron in the finals would be crazy.

hidalgo
06-24-2013, 03:32 PM
i knew he just wanted attenton saying he mght just play 1 more year.("pweease don't go KB!") this dude is such a liar, & it's so easy to see right through his BS. his hatered of MJ will not allow him to leave, & he's too dumb to know that everyone's mind is already made up, he falls short, & 3 2nd banana titles out of 6 if he gets his 6th is nowhere near as good as 6-6 as the man & 6 finals mvps. he picked a fight he can't win. he should just retire. i'd love it & never miss him for a split second. no such luck though, he'll never leave. he is "Captain Linger"

Hawkeye15
06-24-2013, 03:34 PM
with that many games and that achilles injury, I can't see him being the old Kobe. But he takes awesome care of himself, and could probably be a very productive player for another few years. But his days of being a #1 option are probably gonzo.

bluefire7002
06-24-2013, 03:36 PM
i knew he just wanted attenton saying he mght just play 1 more year.("pweease don't go KB!") this dude is such a liar, & it's so easy to see right through his BS. his hatered of MJ will not allow him to leave, & he's too dumb to know that everyone's mind is already made up, he falls short, & 3 2nd banana titles out of 6 is nowhere near as good as 6-6 as the main & 6 finals mvps. he should just retre i'd love it & never miss him for a split second. no such luck though, he'll never leave. he is "Captain Linger"

LMAO... Seems like U mad he's not retiring after this year :)

Jenceman
06-24-2013, 03:36 PM
I definitely see him doing it, and at a high level still. However D'Antoni is going to have to rest him throughout the season... 36-39 minutes/ per game sound about right, NOT 42+.

Even that is way too much. He should be capped at like 30-34.

jerellh528
06-24-2013, 03:37 PM
with that many games and that achilles injury, I can't see him being the old Kobe. But he takes awesome care of himself, and could probably be a very productive player for another few years. But his days of being a #1 option are probably gonzo.

Who on the lakers do you think would be the #1 option just curious?

hidalgo
06-24-2013, 03:41 PM
LMAO... Seems like U mad he's not retiring after this year :)he makes my skin crawl, always has. he can't leave soon enough in my mind. and i know he'll come back like mr hero from the achillies thing, like it never happened. 0 effect on his game i bet, ZERO. this turd wont flush

CAPTAIN LINGER

Becks2307
06-24-2013, 03:43 PM

You really think so? Kobe was pretty amazing this year imo. If I had to pick one person in the league to come back from this its Kobe.

bluefire7002
06-24-2013, 03:43 PM
Even that is way too much. He should be capped at like 30-34.

Yea but only Nash gets that treatment under D'Antoni. If it was Phil Jackson or someone like Popovich coaching this team, you know they wouldn't crack and keep Kobe under 35MPG at this point in his career.

bluefire7002
06-24-2013, 03:44 PM

Lol yea, I was just about to say that... Kobe is still the Lakers best offensive player, even with one foot.

Hawkeye15
06-24-2013, 03:45 PM

Depends on what their team looks like next season, and the following. At this point, so much is up in the air regarding the Lakers for the next 2 years. Let's be honest, they are probably going to need to rebuild on the fly.

Hawkeye15
06-24-2013, 03:45 PM
Lol yea, I was just about to say that... Kobe is still the Lakers best offensive player, even with one foot.

that means around 35-38 wins though.

Hawkeye15
06-24-2013, 03:46 PM
You really think so? Kobe was pretty amazing this year imo. If I had to pick one person in the league to come back from this its Kobe.

while I don't disagree, it sure won't be this next season. With his mileage, and that injury, his ability to lift and attack will drop. And he is already living on the perimeter most nights.

I am not saying he becomes an average player. I am saying don't expect Kobe Bryant.

bluefire7002
06-24-2013, 03:48 PM

Their offense was fine last year... it was their defense all season long that was horrid

mjm07
06-24-2013, 03:50 PM
If he can recovery enough from that injury...why not? Kobe's still playing at the high level and is the heart and soul of that team. Don't see him doing much next yr though.

bagwell368
06-24-2013, 03:52 PM
Hope so, he'll end up screwing up his avg per game stats, and also peoples memories of him being great will fade too.

Kobe2324
06-24-2013, 03:53 PM
Really dont know how much longer he has, I have no doubt he could play 3-4 more years but not sure that he wants too, I say 2 more years...but what do i know lol

jerellh528
06-24-2013, 03:54 PM
Lakers need another scoring option to take pressure off Kobe, not a dwight, a real scorer on the perimeter that can create his own shot. That way kobe can start, take it easy the first half minutes wise and come in the second half to bring his minutes to around 30 a game, he can be a top player for 3 or 4 more years if that happens. If he still plays deng minutes like he did last year, I don't see his play holding up for more than a year or two until he becomes rendered a glorified role player or chucker. That's imho though.

hidalgo
06-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Lakers need another scoring optoin, lol, as if Kobe would let them score. he hasn't let a team mate crack even 19 ppg since Shaquille left. he should have had Gasol at 20-21 ppg most years & it would have been easy to get him to avg that, & Dwight at 20-21 ppg, but refused to let them so much as sniff that, & nothing will change. he won't allow another guy on the team any significant ppg. players usually don't like playing with him. dude is a toal pr*ck to put it mildly...

Hawkeye15
06-24-2013, 04:01 PM
Their offense was fine last year... it was their defense all season long that was horrid

I am also running under the assumption Dwight is gone, so there is that haha. If he isn't, can they tread water until Kobe gets back? And even then, I just don't believe Kobe will resemble a top 20 player next year at any point. The following year would be his best bet to jump back into a top 10 player type.

jerellh528
06-24-2013, 04:04 PM
Lakers need another scoring optoin, lol, as if Kobe would let them score. he hasn't let a team mate crack even 19 ppg since Shaquille left. he should have had Gasol at 20-21 ppg most years & it would have been easy to get him to avg that, & Dwight at 20-21 ppg, but refused to let them so much as sniff that, & nothing will change. he won't allow another guy on the team any significant ppg. dude is a toal pr*ck to put it mildly...
You even edited this post and it's still this bad? Shameful.

LoveMeOrHateMe
06-24-2013, 04:06 PM

Youve been wrong about Kobe so many times, most likely you'll be wrong again...

He might not be able to average 28 anymore but 25-6-7 might be reachable

hidalgo
06-24-2013, 04:08 PM
You even edited this post and it's still this bad? Shameful.yea your post made so much sense, Kobe's really gonna let another player score serious points. sure that'll happen. keep dreaming

LoveMeOrHateMe
06-24-2013, 04:09 PM
Hope so, he'll end up screwing up his avg per game stats, and also peoples memories of him being great will fade too.

You don't know Kobe Bryant!! Even he said he would call it quits before he knew he couldn't do it anymore

LoveMeOrHateMe
06-24-2013, 04:12 PM
Lakers need another scoring optoin, lol, as if Kobe would let them score. he hasn't let a team mate crack even 19 ppg since Shaquille left. he should have had Gasol at 20-21 ppg most years & it would have been easy to get him to avg that, & Dwight at 20-21 ppg, but refused to let them so much as sniff that, & nothing will change. he won't allow another guy on the team any significant ppg. players usually don't like playing with him. dude is a toal pr*ck to put it mildly...

Lol that's why alot of players praise Kobe for making them better when they leave? Besides smush Parker I've
Heard no one hate on Kobe as a teammate. Even Barnes and artest who hated him joined him... Keep hating you lebron groupie

ManRam
06-24-2013, 04:22 PM
i think he can still be a #1 option...whether or not he's a successful one is a whole different story

tr3ymill3r
06-24-2013, 04:27 PM
During which he will be more of a passer and facilitator. This is all a ploy to get Dwight to stay in LA for Kobe's selfish reasons. He will play 3-4 more years, but they will be dreadful, and he won't be more of a passer.

Teeboy1487
06-24-2013, 04:27 PM
I still believe Kobe can recover and play at a high level. My questions lie with the roster around him. I do think Dwight leaves no question. I just don't see the Lakers being competitive with the roster they have. This is why I want them to start drafting younger players.

OceanSpray
06-24-2013, 04:28 PM
Great story for the NBA. Kobe can definitely play 3-4 years. I want to see a Kobe vs LeBron and won't be satisfied until that happens. Probably the best matchup for the playoffs since Magic vs Bird.

Hawkeye15
06-24-2013, 04:31 PM
Youve been wrong about Kobe so many times, most likely you'll be wrong again...

He might not be able to average 28 anymore but 25-6-7 might be reachable

outside my one comment about 4 years ago, when have I been wrong? It's not like I made predictions, I simply evaluated his game.

Year 1, at his age, after that injury, there is no way I see him going for the numbers you are throwing out there.

Teeboy1487
06-24-2013, 04:36 PM
Great story for the NBA. Kobe can definitely play 3-4 years. I want to see a Kobe vs LeBron and won't be satisfied until that happens. Probably the best matchup for the playoffs since Magic vs Bird.
I wanted this for the longest time. However, I don't think the Lakers are contending anytime soon. At this point, I would prefer if the Lakers FO start cutting salary and rebuilding through the draft.

Tony_Starks
06-24-2013, 04:51 PM
Man wouldn't it be kinda awesome to see Kobe win one more as the man. Him beating Lebron in the finals would be crazy.

He probably still wouldn't get props for it. They'd just say it was a glitch in the Matrix.

OceanSpray
06-24-2013, 04:55 PM
He probably still wouldn't get props for it. They'd just say it was a glitch in the Matrix.

No, because he probably won't win. Kobe plays like garbage against LeBron, go figure. When LeBron is guarding him, he's just going to continue chucking up shots because his ego still thinks he's better than everyone.

Tony_Starks
06-24-2013, 04:55 PM

I'd love to see it too. I think it'd be more like MJ vs Magic though. Two kings clashing on opposite sides of their careers for ultimate bragging rights.

eso
06-24-2013, 04:58 PM
I need to make a baby so he can see Kobe play before he retires.

I flew my daughter half way across the world so she could see Kobe play, he'll if he plays another 3 years we will do it again so this time she is old enough to remember:)

jerellh528
06-24-2013, 05:02 PM
No, because he probably won't win. Kobe plays like garbage against LeBron, go figure. When LeBron is guarding him, he's just going to continue chucking up shots because his ego still thinks he's better than everyone.

Acutally, wade normally guards kobe. But when bron and kobe guard each other it's quite the opposite of what you stated. Kobe gets the better of lebron more times than not. I attribute that mostly to kobe taking lebron as a challenge so he ups his defensive intensity and lebron's soft composure and mentality, he should be able to destroy if kobe was guarding him since he is much bigger, but it just doesn't happen like that. Weird.

OceanSpray
06-24-2013, 05:19 PM
Acutally, wade normally guards kobe. But when bron and kobe guard each other it's quite the opposite of what you stated. Kobe gets the better of lebron more times than not. I attribute that mostly to kobe taking lebron as a challenge so he ups his defensive intensity and lebron's soft composure and mentality, he should be able to destroy if kobe was guarding him since he is much bigger, but it just doesn't happen like that. Weird.

What? James has been kicking Kobe's butt all the way since Cleveland, your argument is totally invalid. You're probably thinking Kobe beats Bron in a 1v1 because Kobe blocked LeBron in a pointless All Stars game.

OceanSpray
06-24-2013, 05:20 PM
I'd love to see it too. I think it'd be more like MJ vs Magic though. Two kings clashing on opposite sides of their careers for ultimate bragging rights.

Nah, MJ vs Magic wasn't really comparable to Magic vs Bird. These two have the biggest fanbase. Kobe vs LeBron, do you see how many threads and posts there are between these two? Certainly the media will go nuts over this and rightfully so.

smith&wesson
06-24-2013, 05:23 PM
amazing news!!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

kobe is still one of the best active players in this league. for as long as he is playing at a high level he should continue to play. he isnt shaq or grant hill who became shells of their former selves. he is still has a lot to offer.

I am a die hard kobe fan. I wish he could play another 18 years.

zn23
06-24-2013, 05:29 PM
Kobe said he doesn't want to stick around to be a 20 ppg scorer...

I give him like 2 years max, especially with his injury. Once his ppg drops he's going to announce his retirement.

hidalgo
06-24-2013, 05:30 PM
Michael vs Magic is the biggest marquee finals matchup we've seen. #1 ever vs #2 ever, Magic still prime 31 years old, MJ prime 28. Michael guarding Magic 80% of the time, it was beautiful, Michael was incredible in those finals(best finals ever played). he went full ******

ArmLaker
06-24-2013, 05:35 PM
Michael vs Magic is the biggest head to head finals matchup we've seen. #1 ever vs #2 ever, Magic still prime 31 years old, MJ prime 28. Michael guarding Magic 80% of the time, it was beautiful, Michael was incredible in those finals(best finals ever played). he went full ******

Looks like you and MJ have something in common then

Tony_Starks
06-24-2013, 05:37 PM
Nah, MJ vs Magic wasn't really comparable to Magic vs Bird. These two have the biggest fanbase. Kobe vs LeBron, do you see how many threads and posts there are between these two? Certainly the media will go nuts over this and rightfully so.

Oh I agree but I'm saying Magic vs Bird they were both on the same level physically, both entered the league at the same time, they were true rivals. MJ and Magic was Jordan on the way up, Magic on the way out. That's what Kobe v. Lebron would be now, from the old to the new....

LoveMeOrHateMe
06-24-2013, 06:12 PM
I still believe Kobe can recover and play at a high level. My questions lie with the roster around him. I do think Dwight leaves no question. I just don't see the Lakers being competitive with the roster they have. This is why I want them to start drafting younger players.

Dwight isn't going anywhere

LoveMeOrHateMe
06-24-2013, 06:13 PM

Like garbage vs lebron lol whenever they go one on one Kobe takes him to school

Achilles24
06-24-2013, 06:24 PM
I predict Kobe's stats next yr will be 23.6 PPG, 5.4 RPG, 5.0 APG, 1.2 SPG, 0.3 BPG shooting close to 46% from the field, 32% from 3pt range and 82% from the free throw line.

Still pretty damn good for a guy who will be coming off of Achilles surgery and will be in (what I think) as his 18th and final season.

Achilles24
06-24-2013, 06:30 PM
Next yr, I just don't see the Lakers winning a championship, but I do see Kobe getting some of his personal accolades out of the way like surpassing Michael Jordan in all-time regular season points and getting a 5th All-star game MVP to surpass Bob Petit for most in history.

If the Lakers somehow get deep into the 2nd round with D'Antoni as their coach, Kobe could surpass Kareem and possible even Jordan for #1 all-time playoff points. I think he would have to average close to 27 PPG in 14 playoff games to make that happen.

If so, what a career. By the end of next season, he might retire as #1 all time playoff points, #1 all time all-star game points and #3 all time regular season points with 5 titles, 2 Finals MVPs, 1 League MVP, 5 All Star MVPs, 2 Gold Medals, 1 Slam Dunk title and 2 Scoring titles. Hall of fame career right and Top 10 player resume right there.

nickdymez
06-24-2013, 06:53 PM
All I know is that when he leaves, the heart of the league will go with him. There is no other superstar in the league today who couples hard work, killer instinct, and all around game like kb24

Sly Guy
06-24-2013, 07:02 PM
I don't think even he can say for certain. This injury is a huge roadblock for him. An aging body doesn't heal as well, and he's got a serious injury to contend with. Wish him a quick and complete recovery, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is the end of the line for him.

ArmLaker
06-24-2013, 10:34 PM
It's heartbreaking to think about it. I've been watching this man since the 3 peat younger days of all the duels against the Kings, Blazers, Spurs, Suns etc all the way to his struggles in the mid 00s and his road to legendary status securing another 2 titles. If this is the end for him, which I hope to God it's not......we will all miss him no doubt :'(

Jtirado16
06-25-2013, 12:43 AM
Kobe loves proving people wrong!!

People keep saying he can't come back from this injury & be the same.. Therefore Kobe will come back & probably be even better #BlackMamba

They say the window is done for the Lakers & they won't win anymore championships.. Therefore Kobe will lead the Lakers to at least 1 more championship!

Iron24th
06-25-2013, 01:45 AM
he can do it, yes he'll decline, but way less quickly than average players, he has still some skills and some athleticism, he dunked on gerald wallace and josh smith this year.

shep33
06-25-2013, 01:51 AM
He can likely do it, but I doubt he will

martin_108
06-25-2013, 02:14 AM
I think if he becomes more of a facilitator like 20 ppg and 8 assist then yes he could

kblo247
06-25-2013, 07:15 AM
I always believed retiring seemed like a good idea to him, until he got hurt. Getting hurt, like he was hurt, and unable to travel or be there for the first time, let alone not even go on the road to the playoffs was a true taste of retirement. I think it gave him perspective and made him say im not ready for that

Kobe also admittedly talked a both changing depending on how the roster shakes out to go with those additional years. He's not becoming a SF I don't think because he can't truly add weight, as he's tried and it just isn't good for him. So maybe he will transition over to Kobe Johnson or the pg role more often as he's still the best playmaker on the team and best playmaking 2 in history

THE MTL
06-25-2013, 07:33 AM
Kobes decline has been very gradual but I expect the process to speed up with this injury. I give kobe 2 more years. I don't see him retiring with a significant portion of his game diminished.

kblo247
06-25-2013, 05:06 PM

And then we come into the real world where Pau averages the same attempts as in Memphis where he was the franchise guy and put up 12 per game, Odom the same as in Miami, Bynum was tied for leading fga among Cs, Dwight the same as in Orlando and was only behind Al Jefferson in post ups for Cs

There's never been another Shaq because none of the bigs are good enough to score like Shaq, likewise their efficiency all goes up with Kobe and down without him. Plus Shaq and Kobe averaged what they did ... Over 50ppgalot of times because the third guy was Fisher

The 2010 title team saw Kobe at 21, Pau 12, Bynum 11, Lamar 10, Shannon/Fish/Farmar 7 each, MWP 8, and Sasha 6 fga per game ... Miss me with the bs

kblo247
06-25-2013, 05:09 PM

Kobe isn't Kevin Love, Monta Ellis, Al Jefferson, or some fake franchise guy. Lets be real here, if he plays 70 games they will get in the playoffs and finish over 500 ... Hes that stubborn and you know it, a true superstar, not all sta.

It also ignores his post game. I'm not under the assumption Dwight stays but if he doesn't, the post is Kobe's and Paus on separate blocks. Kobe was one of the top post up guys in the league last year. He can eat most perimeter players off foot work once he gets them sealed. Of course Pringles has to have common sense to feed the post with Pau or Kobe so maybe you're right, but I doubt Kobe falls off a cliff, he's not going to be going around like a Rip, Ray, Wade, TMac type because even when he's been hurt before and needed surgeries he's always willed himself to be a 25/5/5 type guy.

kblo247
06-25-2013, 05:16 PM
What? James has been kicking Kobe's butt all the way since Cleveland, your argument is totally invalid. You're probably thinking Kobe beats Bron in a 1v1 because Kobe blocked LeBron in a pointless All Stars game.

Your argument is skewed if you ignore the actual games. How many games has Kobe finished vs Bron?

One game he turned an ankle, sprained ligaments, and missed weeks half way thru it. Another saw him comeback vs Cleveland. There was another game where Brown landed on his shoulder and tore it out of socket on TV. There was the flu game where Odom basted. He broke a finger another game versus them off Farmars pass.

Ill give you Miami, he's played Miami a lot more healthy vs Bron,,but a good chunk of his Cavs stats aren't even finished games and you would know that if you watched them

Tony_Starks
06-25-2013, 05:30 PM
Your argument is skewed if you ignore the actual games. How many games has Kobe finished vs Bron?

One game he turned an ankle, sprained ligaments, and missed weeks half way thru it. Another saw him comeback vs Cleveland. There was another game where Brown landed on his shoulder and tore it out of socket on TV. There was the flu game where Odom basted. He broke a finger another game versus them off Farmars pass.

Ill give you Miami, he's played Miami a lot more healthy vs Bron,,but a good chunk of his Cavs stats aren't even finished games and you would know that if you watched them

Preach!

NYSpirit1
06-25-2013, 05:37 PM

Gradual? He torn his Achilles. If you think 35-year-old Kobe is going to come hobbling back to the league next year averaging 27, you're kidding yourself.

He'll be at 20ppg.

Iron24th
06-25-2013, 06:26 PM

Says the bandwagoner lebron fan who has been a lebron hater one week ago:

http://www.casimages.com/img.php?i=130626122355397797.jpg

Jenceman
06-25-2013, 08:46 PM
Gradual? He torn his Achilles. If you think 35-year-old Kobe is going to come hobbling back to the league next year averaging 27, you're kidding yourself.

He'll be at 20ppg.

He tore his achilles, he didn't lose his left foot.

amos1er
06-25-2013, 08:55 PM
If anyone can pull it off he can. It's just a shame that Jim Buss is ****ing the Lakers up so bad otherwise he would have had a decent shot at a ring these past two seasons as well as the next three. Truthfully, all he really has a shot at doing is moving up the all time scoring list because with Jim at the helm, the Lakers aint gonna be winning anything anytime soon. It truly is a shame.

RiceOnTheRun
06-26-2013, 12:32 AM
If anyone can pull it off he can. It's just a shame that Jim Buss is ****ing the Lakers up so bad otherwise he would have had a decent shot at a ring these past two seasons as well as the next three. Truthfully, all he really has a shot at doing is moving up the all time scoring list because with Jim at the helm, the Lakers aint gonna be winning anything anytime soon. It truly is a shame.

I actually agree. He has the skillset to be useful even as his body declines. Just his gutsiness and ability to make shots will progress well into his 30s. The Lakers as they're set up now are not built very well. He's gotta get Kobe a competent coach first of all, and some scoring relief. I don't understand the whole D'antoni signing at all. Phil honestly might not have been the best fit for that team, but he's sure a hell of a lot better than any of the other candidates. I don't doubt his ability to expand outside or modify the triangle and that's what they should've done instead of giving Kobe the ball for 35+ a night.

Imo, this season really killed a lot out of Kobe's playing future. There's no reason he should be playing the amount he did. D'antoni was basically grasping at straws to keep his job and reputation alive. Impressive run by Kobe, but it dealt a huge blow to his physical longevity if you ask me.

I don't think he'll decline too much. He'll still be better than at least 85% of the league because he's such a great shooter. He'd probably have to take a much lesser role as the Robin to some other young star though. I doubt he ever returns to his regular 2000's self again. With all due respect though, I think he falls out of the top 10 after this season. He'll obviously still be a dominant scorer but he'd have to be even more of a spot up or jump shooter rather than being a main ballhandler and getting in the paint.

I doubt he leaves the Lakers but if he does, I think his best chance would be in OKC. He basically takes over Kevin Martin's role and does it better. He has two other stars to pick up the majority of the slack and allows him to take the more efficient shots which would maximize his playing time. He'd be a great example for KD and even Westbrook.