PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Bulls calling around about interest in Deng to get into lotto

stlbest5in2013
06-24-2013, 02:13 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/60177/sources-deng-for-no-3-pick-explored

also according to Rumor Press on twitter. The Bulls have contacted the Kings about a deal. No link for this rumor, but Washington rumor seems legit.

Deng and ???????? (I am assuming) for #3 and Okafor? Steal or not if it were to happen? (Not disrespecting Deng, I like him as a player but would not think he would have this value even in a weak draft)

Rumor Press also state Bulls top targets are: McLemore, Len, and Oladipo

Raps08-09 Champ
06-24-2013, 02:15 PM
Not sure why the Wizards would do that. I would get a young player to still grow with Beal and Wall.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-24-2013, 02:17 PM
Only teams I can see trading for a veteran are the Wolves, and Blazers since they have a lot of good pieces already and just need 1-2 more pieces to make the playoffs.

Mavericks need the cap so they are out and Thunder already have a SF.

abe_froman
06-24-2013, 02:19 PM
i dont get it for the wiz,okafor expires(if he opts in) at the same time has deng and they make about the same.so i cant see an advantage for wiz to throw in the number 3 to get it done

but as a bulls fan i hope we can deal deng for something nice

bleedprple&gold
06-24-2013, 02:22 PM
i dont get it for the wiz,okafor expires(if he opts in) at the same time has deng and they make about the same.so i cant see an advantage for wiz to throw in the number 3 to get it done

but as a bulls fan i hope we can deal deng for something nice

Yea I don't see it either. Don't think Deng will do much for the Wiz. Won't even make them a playoff team.

LTBaByyy
06-24-2013, 02:30 PM
Marion, Vince Carter, 13th pick,

Gators123
06-24-2013, 02:31 PM
Deng to the Pistons for the 8th pick!

TheLegend
06-24-2013, 02:32 PM
I hope they can move Deng. He's an ok player but if u trying to win a championship he's not that caliber player. He never does anything in the playoffs. Before he got ill this year he was 1-20 from 3pt. That's pathetic. He's also soft IMO. when have you ever seen him go to the hole and dunk with authority? That's right!! NEVER!! Please get him out!!!

RipCity32
06-24-2013, 02:36 PM
Pistons will do it but I don't think your getting any of those targeted players at #8.

abe_froman
06-24-2013, 02:40 PM
Pistons will do it but I don't think your getting any of those targeted players at #8.

i'd probably still do it,someone like pope probably would still be on the board

phlp_bj
06-24-2013, 02:41 PM
i wouldn't mind oladipo or mclemore

hugepatsfan
06-24-2013, 02:41 PM
Don't they do this every year?

2-ONE-5
06-24-2013, 02:45 PM
I hope they can move Deng. He's an ok player but if u trying to win a championship he's not that caliber player. He never does anything in the playoffs. Before he got ill this year he was 1-20 from 3pt. That's pathetic. He's also soft IMO. when have you ever seen him go to the hole and dunk with authority? That's right!! NEVER!! Please get him out!!!

who cares? that doesnt make him soft

JordansBulls
06-24-2013, 02:46 PM
Deng and Boozer for Dirk.

stlbest5in2013
06-24-2013, 02:47 PM

No actually it rumors that people here believe are real from b/r. And b/r is still a joke.

stlbest5in2013
06-24-2013, 02:48 PM

thanks for the opinion and all. We know that big *** arm of yours makes you "hard"

seikou8
06-24-2013, 03:08 PM

:facepalm: he can be 3 or 4th option championship he plays elite defense and gives everything he has night in and night out but he cant be second option on championship team too inconsistent and cat get his shot off the iso or dribble

MyDRoseLikeDeng
06-24-2013, 03:09 PM
Just read a report that the Wizards deal isnt going to happen as expected, wouldnt mind trading up to the Pistons or Kings pick to get Pope though, dude is a hooper.

hugepatsfan
06-24-2013, 03:10 PM
:facepalm: he can be 3 or 4th option championship he plays elite defense and gives everything he has night in and night out but he cant be second option on championship team too inconsistent and cat get his shot off the iso or dribble

What good is that type of player making 14 million on an expiring contract to a team picking in the lottery though? Deng isn't a worthless player but he's useless to any team that puts CHI in position to draft one of those targets the OP listed.

jason17
06-24-2013, 03:44 PM
Yea I don't see it either. Don't think Deng will do much for the Wiz. Won't even make them a playoff team.

Not really. Even without this draft or deng if the wi z where healthy they would ofofade thr playoffs we had a winning record with wall but without him our record was like what already 4-20 by that time.

Think your underrating us a lot.

stlbest5in2013
06-24-2013, 03:45 PM
i like Pope a lot but would not trade to 7 or 8 to get him.

Deng for to Portland? Yeah I could see that straight up #10 for Deng and then they take Pope. and yeah there may not be much value difference between 7/8 and 10 but I dont know. I just think with Popes limitations as a ball handler I wouldnt be willing to go up higher than that for him.

Also we can stay put and probably get Ledo at 20. Just saying, no matter the rumors out there that we have him lower on the list. He is a talent and who we really like before the draft is not usually who we like come draft day.

mgsports
06-24-2013, 03:49 PM
The Magic along with Gibson for Glen Davis,Hedo.2nd Pick,Aaron Affalo and so on?

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-24-2013, 03:52 PM
Lmao.^^^ this guy is an idiot

Horrid trade lol

Pierzynski4Prez
06-24-2013, 04:01 PM

Yep

stlbest5in2013
06-24-2013, 04:02 PM
The Magic along with Gibson for Glen Davis,Hedo.2nd Pick,Aaron Affalo and so on?

The *****? you stroke out or something? That would put the bulls way over the cap, the money has to match up ya f*cking idiot.

TheBigChief
06-24-2013, 04:07 PM
The *****? you stroke out or something? That would put the bulls way over the cap, the money has to match up ya f*cking idiot.

damn leave the dude alone, he's probably like a 12 year old magic fan that just likes his team....its aint that serious cowgirl

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-24-2013, 04:08 PM
Why would we want Deng and give up the 2nd pick overall? We are rebuilding this trade would be so dumb

Pierzynski4Prez
06-24-2013, 04:12 PM

He actually wasn't too far off. Bulls add in Hamilton and it works who can be bought for 1 mil.

TheLegend
06-24-2013, 04:14 PM

That's the misunderstanding a lot of kids have, that he's a elite defender. No he's not. Hes good but elite is like someone on the all-defensive teams. Deng isn't going to get many steals or make some insane block shot like Lebron will do. He's a good defender, stop over exaggerating.

mgsports
06-24-2013, 04:14 PM
Gibson could become the Starting PF for the Magic with Lamb or Harkness or Harris at SG.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
06-24-2013, 04:23 PM
Harris isn't a shooting guard. . Lamb sucks. .. we have a million pfs and why would you want to give up the 2nd pick overall for Deng? We aren't contending we don't need Deng .... horrible idea

5ass
06-24-2013, 04:26 PM

lmao

5ass
06-24-2013, 04:27 PM
He actually wasn't too far off. Bulls add in Hamilton and it works who can be bought for 1 mil.

money wise maybe it does, but its a ****ing horrible trade for orlando.

ChitownBears22
06-24-2013, 04:30 PM
Why would the Bulls trade Deng? He is just turning 28, he is a reliable defender and plays well with Rose. I would ditch 31 year old boozer. I don't understand bringing in a bunch of meh players from the Magic or Wizards and then gamble in this draft.

bleedprple&gold
06-24-2013, 04:34 PM
i like Pope a lot but would not trade to 7 or 8 to get him.

Deng for to Portland? Yeah I could see that straight up #10 for Deng and then they take Pope. and yeah there may not be much value difference between 7/8 and 10 but I dont know. I just think with Popes limitations as a ball handler I wouldnt be willing to go up higher than that for him.

Also we can stay put and probably get Ledo at 20. Just saying, no matter the rumors out there that we have him lower on the list. He is a talent and who we really like before the draft is not usually who we like come draft day.

Portland doesn't need Deng. They already have Batum at SF who is a better shooter and defender than Deng.

Teeboy1487
06-24-2013, 04:40 PM
Stupid move by the Bulls if true. The Bulls need to just add a shooter or two and they are set. Rose getting healthy should put them back into contention.

abe_froman
06-24-2013, 04:46 PM
Why would the Bulls trade Deng? He is just turning 28, he is a reliable defender and plays well with Rose. I would ditch 31 year old boozer. I don't understand bringing in a bunch of meh players from the Magic or Wizards and then gamble in this draft.
his contract is coming up,he's declining, and we have butler who can take over his position right now.

boozer is more difficult to move than deng and we wouldnt get value back for him.

Burgo
06-24-2013, 04:49 PM
This doesn't make sense for the Bulls. Surely if Rose comes back healthy then they're thinking chamionships, and getting rid of their star defender for a lower lottery prospect in a relatively weak draft is nothing but a backwards step.

Burgo
06-24-2013, 04:51 PM
his contract is coming up,he's declining, and we have butler who can take over his position right now.

boozer is more difficult to move than deng and we wouldnt get value back for him.

Although it's always exciting to have draft picks, your team exceeded everyone's expectations last year without your star. Wouldn't you guys rather keep the core together for another championship run next season?

mgsports
06-24-2013, 04:56 PM
Jimmy Butler is the future Starting SF and can Deng or or he play SG?
You never no the Magic could grab a Playoff spot.

abe_froman
06-24-2013, 04:57 PM
Although it's always exciting to have draft picks, your team exceeded everyone's expectations last year without your star. Wouldn't you guys rather keep the core together for another championship run next season?
like i said,we have a young player we think can fill in for deng and not miss much of a beat, think its worth the risk for the potential reward of finally getting that 2 guard slot finally filled with a prospect with upside like a high pick would net

abe_froman
06-24-2013, 04:58 PM
butler can play both ,but think he'd better fit at sf (think of him like paul george)

stlbest5in2013
06-24-2013, 04:59 PM

that stupid auto-correct on your iphone

mine is ****ing up too. Except I use a laptop.

stupid auto-correct on laptop.

ChitownBears22
06-24-2013, 05:14 PM
Stupid move by the Bulls if true. The Bulls need to just add a shooter or two and they are set. Rose getting healthy should put them back into contention.

I don't know why they don't amnesty Boozer. He takes up $15 mill this year $16 mill next year. I would cut ties with him and build around Rose, Deng, Noah. Gibson is already locked up and plays a good chunk of minutes, he already fills in for Boozer pretty well. Butler and Teague are locked up as well and fill in as nice backups to Deng and Rose, and if you lose Boozer you can add more depth with Robinson.

So far your roster looks like:
PG: Rose/Robinson/Teague
SG: Hamilton
SF: Deng/Butler
PF:Gibson
C: Noah

That is with 58.5 mill in cap hits without Boozer.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
06-24-2013, 05:31 PM
Although it wont happen it makes a lot of sense for the Bulls to ditch deng, especially to the wizards. Nobody wants Boozer, plus Deng is overrated by many and can be replaced by jimmy butler. The bulls need a scoring wing next to Rose, and getting a high pick can get them that while clearing some cap space and becoming younger. Trading Deng would be a ballsy, but great move for the bulls

MyDRoseLikeDeng
06-24-2013, 05:31 PM
Although it wont happen it makes a lot of sense for the Bulls to ditch deng, especially to the wizards. Nobody wants Boozer, plus Deng is overrated by many and can be replaced by jimmy butler. The bulls need a scoring wing next to Rose, and getting a high pick can get them that while clearing some cap space and becoming younger. Trading Deng would be a ballsy, but great move for the bulls

Burgo
06-24-2013, 05:40 PM
like i said,we have a young player we think can fill in for deng and not miss much of a beat, think its worth the risk for the potential reward of finally getting that 2 guard slot finally filled with a prospect with upside like a high pick would net

I guess I haven't seen enough of Butler to make the call, but it still seems like a big gamble considering the team is so capable of beating the Heat with the current lineup, when they're healthy. I think your boys might fare better by going one more round then getting into next year's superdraft for a prospect at the 2 as it would be alot safer.

stlbest5in2013
06-24-2013, 05:54 PM
I guess I haven't seen enough of Butler to make the call, but it still seems like a big gamble considering the team is so capable of beating the Heat with the current lineup, when they're healthy. I think your boys might fare better by going one more round then getting into next year's superdraft for a prospect at the 2 as it would be alot safer.

Who are they going to trade to get into the lotto next year? Boozer? yeah thats a laugh? Butler? dont think so. Teague? yeah not going to happen.

Charlotte pick? Ok name a lotto team in a super draft that wants a future protected pick for a current one?

Burgo
06-24-2013, 05:59 PM
Who are they going to trade to get into the lotto next year? Boozer? yeah thats a laugh? Butler? dont think so. Teague? yeah not going to happen.

Charlotte pick? Ok name a lotto team in a super draft that wants a future protected pick for a current one?

I'm saying keep Deng for another year and try to trade him next off-season to a team with an immediate need for a defensive wing if this season doesn't work out.

Didn't say it would be for a lottery pick, but a mid-late 20's pick in next years draft may be as good as a lotto pick in this one.

ManRam
06-24-2013, 06:07 PM
the magic aren't trading for deng. we can stop with that talk

abe_froman
06-24-2013, 06:09 PM
I'm saying keep Deng for another year and try to trade him next off-season to a team with an immediate need for a defensive wing if this season doesn't work out.

Didn't say it would be for a lottery pick, but a mid-late 20's pick in next years draft may be as good as a lotto pick in this one.
we cant trade him next year,he's a free agent next year.that why we want to trade him,we arent re-signing him so why not get something for him while we can?

effen5
06-24-2013, 06:20 PM

TBH, I know Boozer is untradeable but I wouldn't want to trade him anyway. hes very crucial to this teams offense. I rather trade Taj.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-24-2013, 06:28 PM

I don't know why they don't amnesty Boozer. He takes up $15 mill this year $16 mill next year. I would cut ties with him and build around Rose, Deng, Noah. Gibson is already locked up and plays a good chunk of minutes, he already fills in for Boozer pretty well. Butler and Teague are locked up as well and fill in as nice backups to Deng and Rose, and if you lose Boozer you can add more depth with Robinson.

So far your roster looks like:
PG: Rose/Robinson/Teague
SG: Hamilton
SF: Deng/Butler
PF:Gibson
C: Noah

That is with 58.5 mill in cap hits without Boozer.

Amnestying boozer still leaves us without any cap space as you just showed, so we just lose a decent big for nothing. Doesn't make sense, next summer it does when Deng comes off the books.

sunsfan88
06-24-2013, 06:36 PM
Whose gonna replace Deng for the Bulls? Butler?

D-Leethal
06-24-2013, 06:42 PM
I understand and I would support the move from a franchise long term perspective (if I was a Bulls fan) but I would imagine Rose would hate this move and I don't think he would support taking another couple steps back by trading Deng, amnestying Boozer unless they had a splash they were ready to pull the trigger on. Rose is going to want to contend next year.

If they can do something similar to how the Knicks amnestied Billups and pretty much signed Tyson in the same day, than I think its a great move (basically maybe a rash move like trading Deng and amnestying Boozer knowing you have a trade/signing in place once the moves are made). Not really sure if clearing Deng and amnestying Boozer would give them significant cap space though, no idea what their situation is like.

This seems to me like a no-brainer but as we saw with the Nets, when the stars are calling the shots and everything is done to appease them and convince them to re-up long term, sometimes shortsighted moves get made. This case would be the complete opposite in that regard and would be maybe taking a slight step back in the short term (if that) for long term flexibility.

seikou8
06-24-2013, 10:56 PM
That's the misunderstanding a lot of kids have, that he's a elite defender. No he's not. Hes good but elite is like someone on the all-defensive teams. Deng isn't going to get many steals or make some insane block shot like Lebron will do. He's a good defender, stop over exaggerating.

ok he is elite on ball defender i am not saying he is great but he is top 10 sf and not soft also steals and blocks does not mean good your great defender

ChitownBears22
06-24-2013, 11:07 PM
Amnestying boozer still leaves us without any cap space as you just showed, so we just lose a decent big for nothing. Doesn't make sense, next summer it does when Deng comes off the books.

Yeah I looked at it wrong. I thought Deng was done at the same time as Boozer.

Not the case so yeah, ride it out this year. Try and S&T Deng and amnesty Boozer.

Too bad they can't find a way to get Iggy.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-24-2013, 11:30 PM
Yeah I looked at it wrong. I thought Deng was done at the same time as Boozer.

Not the case so yeah, ride it out this year. Try and S&T Deng and amnesty Boozer.

Too bad they can't find a way to get Iggy.

I just hope whoever we get this summer we do on a 1 year deal. If we do that, and amnesty Boozer next summer, we have a chance to add a near max player to have along with Rose, Noah, Butler, Taj, Teague, and whoever we draft at #20 this summer.

king4day
06-24-2013, 11:46 PM
Hope this doesn't happen. It'll ruin the Suns' hope to get one of McLemore or Oladipo

Lakers4ItAll
06-24-2013, 11:49 PM
Bulls should take what they can get for Deng. Rumor w/ the Wiz is a great offer for Bulls, not sure why WAS would do it tho....

Pierzynski4Prez
06-25-2013, 12:07 AM
Bulls should take what they can get for Deng. Rumor w/ the Wiz is a great offer for Bulls, not sure why WAS would do it tho....

They shot it down rather quickly.

Jtirado16
06-25-2013, 12:11 AM
It makes sense for them to call around. Rose is coming back. Deng is a good peice to move around & get younger. I think its smart by them

TheBigChief
06-25-2013, 11:39 AM
Portland doesn't need Deng. They already have Batum at SF who is a better shooter and defender than Deng.

haha u smokin that **** cuz

Stinkyoutsider
06-25-2013, 12:09 PM
Sounds good to move Deng. He's got coaches around the league who think very highly of what he brings to the table (all-star) so if I were the Bulls, now is the time to move him. It would be a better idea to package him with Boozer imo.

I really thought the Bulls were looking to get veteran, proven players now that they're paying Rose the max contract? There's some time where a club has to stop building for the future and make moves to make yourself a contender today.

I don't think there's going to be any lottery team who's willing to take Deng unless the Bulls take a bad contract back with that lottery pick? Most of the teams in the lottery want to continue building...

TheLegend
06-25-2013, 05:07 PM

If they can move Deng for the #3 pick that's a good move all day long. Deng is on the last yr of his contract, and there's no need to extend a guy that doesn't show up in the playoffs and can't even beat Kendrik Perkins off the dribble in a ISO. Dengs a spot up shooter and the bulls need more ball handlers. Guys that can create off the dribble. If they can land Victor Oladipo as a result that's a home run easily. A good defense like Miami will ultimately bottle up a guy like Roe if u don't have other guys that create on the perimeter. Keeping a guy like Deng(weak ball handler) is a mistake.

JOSKOMANG4
06-26-2013, 11:25 PM
Not sure how the salaries fit but what about Marion, vc, and the 13th overall to the bulls for deng?

stlbest5in2013
06-27-2013, 01:23 AM
Not sure how the salaries fit but what about Marion, vc, and the 13th overall to the bulls for deng?

We are moving Deng if at all to get younger and better, not older and worse.

mgsports
06-27-2013, 08:04 AM
Also Mavericks would do that Trade only for Salary Cap relief.

ichitownclowni
06-27-2013, 08:15 AM

Yes. Sadly

Bmoss12
06-27-2013, 01:08 PM
The most obvious scenario would seem to be Deng to the Lakers for Pau Gasol and future picks.

Mitch Kramer
06-27-2013, 04:13 PM
The bulls pig-headed, lame duck front office refuses to trade one of "their guys" they will sit on deng until they have to extend him, or lose him in FA when he expires. Same old song and dance with those idiots. nothing to see here.