PDA

View Full Version : Del Zotto????

rocowear21
06-24-2013, 12:11 PM
I am a fan of del zotto. I dont think he is ever going to be that top offensive dman we were hoping for and I believe that Moore has taking his place as the second pairing dman with staal. Even under our new coach he still doesnt impress me enough.

Anyway to my point. I have read on multiple sites like bleacherreport and hockeybuzz that the ducks are interested in getting much younger on there blue line. Since we have descent prospects waiting in the wings for D I believe we should maybe kick the tires with the ducks and see what it would take for a player like Ryan to be had.

I hear he is on the block since there other core players are signed and they have descent players waiting with there depth. A trade of Delzotto and a prospect might be able to get this done.

The reason the Ducks do this is because of Delzottos age. We are giving up a very young solid Dman for a kinda young streaky scoring forward. Ryan had a cap of 5 something a year which isnt devastating and I he isnt going to get huge Rick Nash money when his contract is up. With this new coach and his offensive minded system I believe a player like Ryan would fit in Very well on the second line.

Just a thought.

NYSPORTS98
06-24-2013, 02:06 PM
IMO, his ceiling is Eric Desjardins. He could hang around the league for a long while but could be pretty ordinary during that time. He's going to put up more points under this coach but will any of those points go on the board against a Bruins type team?

liltedspop
06-24-2013, 03:05 PM
I'd really like to see MDZ play in Veenyo's system, of all our players I personally feel Veenyo's style of play will benefit MDZ the most. No more dump & chase hockey we will see far more of a puck control style of play from the blue line in.

nyr2002nyr
06-24-2013, 03:08 PM
IMO, his ceiling is Eric Desjardins. He could hang around the league for a long while but could be pretty ordinary during that time. He's going to put up more points under this coach but will any of those points go on the board against a Bruins type team?

Yeah wow dont think he will ever become Eric Desjardins. But i truly hope im wrong

Rangers in 7
06-24-2013, 05:48 PM
if a player of ryans caliber is coming back im willing to let mdz go, but you are only getting rid of him if we are getting a piece back

bsi
06-24-2013, 08:56 PM
We need more D not less. Girardi, McDonagh and DelZotto have had to play way too much the last couple years. DelZotto would be a much better player if he weren't on every second shift.

rocowear21
06-24-2013, 11:59 PM
I agree BSI but, but I am banking on DM being ready to come up and play and along with how stralman played and the emergence of moore I was thinking DZ would be the one that the ducks would want.

MCD Girardi
Moore Staal
Stralman DM

MJL80
06-25-2013, 07:29 AM
I'd package Del Zotto in a deal with the Ducks for Ryan in a second. I was hopeful DZ would finally breakout this past year. Everytime I think he's going to, he takes a stride backwards. And he definitely seems to regress as the season drags on (always seems to get off to a refreshing good start).

Anywho, more offense is what we need. With McD, Girardi, a healthy Staal, Moore, Stralman, and hopefully McIlrath... DZ could be the odd man out in a trade, he needs to steps up.

However -- I see Ryan going to the Flyers, they're desperate

bsi
06-25-2013, 09:44 AM
I agree BSI but, but I am banking on DM being ready to come up and play and along with how stralman played and the emergence of moore I was thinking DZ would be the one that the ducks would want.

MCD Girardi
Moore Staal
Stralman DM

I'd trade Stralman way before anyone else there. I'm not sold on him at all. He had some good games but he had a lot of bad games as well. I'm banking on McIlrath playing and Stralman being the extra really. I'm also not sold on the idea that Anaheim even wants to get rid of Ryan or that I even want him. He's got all the tools but he just seems uninterested most of the time, if he had the heart of Zuccarello or Hagelin he'd be a top 5 in the league but he's far from that right now. Also, our D are played way too much, something Vigneault will hopefully change a bit, especially with Girardi and DelZotto those guys played regular strength, PP, and PK. They'd kill off a 2 min penalty and then be expected to carry the PP, it doesn't work, mental mistakes are made when you're tired. I'd want DZ and McD kept off the PK as much as possible and have them fresh for the rest of the game 5 on 5 and PP. I guarantee DelZotto finds his offense if he's allowed some time to breath and McDonagh will as well.

rocowear21
06-25-2013, 01:40 PM
I'd trade Stralman way before anyone else there. I'm not sold on him at all. He had some good games but he had a lot of bad games as well. I'm banking on McIlrath playing and Stralman being the extra really. I'm also not sold on the idea that Anaheim even wants to get rid of Ryan or that I even want him. He's got all the tools but he just seems uninterested most of the time, if he had the heart of Zuccarello or Hagelin he'd be a top 5 in the league but he's far from that right now. Also, our D are played way too much, something Vigneault will hopefully change a bit, especially with Girardi and DelZotto those guys played regular strength, PP, and PK. They'd kill off a 2 min penalty and then be expected to carry the PP, it doesn't work, mental mistakes are made when you're tired. I'd want DZ and McD kept off the PK as much as possible and have them fresh for the rest of the game 5 on 5 and PP. I guarantee DelZotto finds his offense if he's allowed some time to breath and McDonagh will as well.

I do agree i just dont think other teams would want stralman yet. He really hasnt been in the spotlight. Be he really did step up for us when staal went down and yeah even though he had some bad games it wasnt all horrible. I just figured with the emergence of moore and us having a more offensive minded coach, we hopefully dont resign clowe and replace that salary with a player of ryans caliber. Yeah he looks disgruntled somewhat with the ducks but a new place may change that.

apdamico
06-25-2013, 03:25 PM
Right-handed pointmen are hard to find, so I can't see the Rangers trading Anton, especially since VA already stated he'd perfer 2 right-handed points on the PP. Of course one of them could be a winger.

bsi
06-25-2013, 08:56 PM
Right-handed pointmen are hard to find, so I can't see the Rangers trading Anton, especially since VA already stated he'd perfer 2 right-handed points on the PP. Of course one of them could be a winger.

Just because he's right handed doesn't guarantee him a spot on the PP. He has to be able to play too, which for a lot of the season he struggled with. If Vigneault wants a couple right handed D he may have to go shopping.

NYSPORTS98
06-25-2013, 09:01 PM
Yeah wow dont think he will ever become Eric Desjardins. But i truly hope im wrong

I said i felt it was his ceiling and (did you read the post??)

nyr2002nyr
06-26-2013, 09:23 AM
I said i felt it was his ceiling and (did you read the post??)

i did read it i still think that is a STRETCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

IAmARanger18
06-30-2013, 10:19 PM
He wasn't traded today, I think he stays now, focus him more on the PP and his shooting, we all know he has the offensive talent.