PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets/Celtics/Grizzlies/Sixes coaching vacancies

JerseyPalahniuk
06-23-2013, 11:54 PM
Who fills them?

Brian Shaw, Lionel Hollins, George Karl, Byron Scott are obviously the big names. Also the Grizzlies assistant and bunch of others I've stopped following after Nets filled up their spot. Vinny Del Negro has been taking with the Celtics I think?

GunFactor187
06-24-2013, 12:00 AM
Nuggets - Hollins
Celtics - Shaw or VDN
Grizzlies - Karl
Sixers - Scott

OceanSpray
06-24-2013, 12:16 AM
Nuggets- Byron Scott, he has a lot to work with in a PG like Lawson.
Celtics- Lionel Hollins, he will straighten up Rondo like he handled Bayless.
Grizzlies- Shaw, he already has experience with a very similar team in the Pacers.
Sixers- Karl, Sixers seem like a positive team and Karl fits in that environment.

Devster3
06-24-2013, 12:30 AM
Any word about SVG making a comeback? I would honestly think he would be a better choice then VDN for the Celtics.

Strumpy
06-24-2013, 12:54 AM
Del Negro needs to stay as far away from Boston as possible.

PacersForLife
06-24-2013, 01:07 AM
I think Shaw either goes to the Celtics or stays in Indy another year.

JerseyPalahniuk
06-24-2013, 01:46 PM
Nuggets- Byron Scott, he has a lot to work with in a PG like Lawson.
Celtics- Lionel Hollins, he will straighten up Rondo like he handled Bayless.
Grizzlies- Shaw, he already has experience with a very similar team in the Pacers.
Sixers- Karl, Sixers seem like a positive team and Karl fits in that environment.

I like Hollins with the Celtics and Shaw with Grizz (think he can develop Bayless/Conley/Allen more as he's done with George and Stephenson - their bigs are fine). Dunno enough about how Scott would fit.

Karl has specifically stated he won't go to a rebuilding team. I know the Sixers were JUST in the 2nd round the other year but this team is drastically different and Bynum is a question mark/probably a headache coaching wise that Karl probably wouldn't want to deal with

mgsports
06-24-2013, 03:39 PM
Jeff Van Gundy Nuggets or Celtics
Former Celtics Larry Bird or Parrish or Kevin M. Celtics
Mike F. Grizzles
Brian Hill Celtics
Sam Mitchell or Scott Skiles Grizzles
I. Thomas Nuggets

2-ONE-5
06-24-2013, 04:07 PM
I can tell you that the Sixers coach will be an assistant getting his first gig and that it probably wont happen til after summer league since Collins' staff is under contract one more year and obviously arent following him to a new team.

likely candidates would be our own Michael Curry, Kelvin Sampson, Chris Finch, and I beleive David Fizdale

douglas
06-24-2013, 04:22 PM
Hopefully the team gets a good basketball coach.